Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VI > Team Newt Scamander

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,092 (1092 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 15, 2018 06:38PM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31614 comments Mod
res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by SandyL (last edited Jul 15, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

message 7: by SandyL (last edited Jul 15, 2018 07:02PM) (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments description

Important Links
Tower Team VI Status (points spreadsheet)
Owl Mail
The Leaky Cauldron - TT-VI Chat
Let's Play Quiddich
►Common Room - The Badger's Burrow
Spells
Classes
►Tri-Wizard Tournament - coming soon
TinEyeLabs - color extractor

Hufflepuff Teams
۩Cedric Diggory
۩Pomona Sprout
۩Nymphadora Tonks

Buddy Reads
Current List of Buddy Reads
Buddy Reads: Current and Upcoming - link to Buddy Read thread

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Antigoddess - starts May 15
Every Heart a Doorway - Starts May 17
His Fiar Assassin Series - May TBD
The Bird and Sword - Starts May 21
The Count of Monte Cristo - Starts May 22
Behind Her Eyes - Starts May 18
Restore Me - Starts May 14
The Good Liar - Starts June 1
Wuthering Heights - Start TBD
The Perfect Mother - Starts June 6
Allegiant - Starts June 11
Sarum - Starts June 4
A Wizard of Earthsea
How To Kill a Rock Star - Starts May 12
..more to come....

Books of the Month

Children of Blood and Bone - Starts May 2, 2018
Lilac Girls - Starts May 16, 2018

message 8: by SandyL (last edited May 17, 2018 10:44AM) (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments Points

For Reading Books
100 to 160 pages ........................ 5 points
161 to 350 pages..........................20 points
351 to 500 pages..........................40 points
501 to 650 pages..........................60 points
651 to 800 pages..........................80 points
801 to 900 pages..........................100 points
901+ pages.....................................130 points

For Tasks
Buddy Read 30
Harry Potter BR 40
BOM Discussion 20
BOM DQ's 40

Classes and Spells
Classes
Spells

message 9: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments res

message 10: by SandyL (new)

message 11: by SandyL (new)

message 12: by Laura (last edited May 13, 2018 08:19AM) (new)

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments res

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hey team, Welcome everyone!
I 'm Laura, your co-captain for this round of Towers! This has to be one of my favorite challenges.( okay.. maybe I do have a few favorites) I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada and have been playing team challenges for a while now. I enjoy mystery, YA, historical fiction and have been known to read just about anything( though I 'm not a huge fan of SF) I love bowling, hiking, kayaking, camping, reading and animals. I haven't read Harry Potter before so I am up for all the Harry Potter buddy reads; provided of course that I love the books. I am so looking forward to playing Towers VI with you all!

I've included the link to my towers shelf
Towers VI

message 15: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited May 08, 2018 08:04AM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments

Hello team!

I’m Danielle and I’m from Wales.

I think this is my 4th time playing TT.

Romance is my main genre (within many sub genres) of reading. I do like reading and fantasy, mystery/suspense and some sci-fi.

message 16: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited May 08, 2018 08:06AM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Laura wrote: "Hey team, Welcome everyone!
I 'm Laura, your co-captain for this round of Towers! This has to be one of my favorite challenges.( okay.. maybe I do have a few favorites) I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada..."

Hi Laura. On a team together again and another TT team too, I believe you were my captain a few TT’s ago.

I’ve only read the first three HP books, so maybe this will give me the incentive to finish the series.

message 17: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Here’s the link to my shelf - TT-VI

message 18: by Laura (last edited May 08, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments ✼Danielle✼ wrote: "Laura wrote: "Hey team, Welcome everyone!
I 'm Laura, your co-captain for this round of Towers! This has to be one of my favorite challenges.( okay.. maybe I do have a few favorites) I'm from Nova ..."

Hi Danielle! Nice to see you again.
Yes, I think that was my first Towers.. Towers III. We went a little crazy signing up for all those buddy reads and BOM's. I'm afraid I'm already at it.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy The Good Liar by Catherine McKenzie
ha, these are just to start off. Maybe I have a buddy read addiction; I do like to read and talk books.

message 19: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments Hi fellow Newts!!!

I'm Sandy, your captain, erm....Prefect! I'm so excited for TT-VI to start. I'm from the Los Angeles area and I've done a bunch of NBRC (and other group) challenges included several tower teams. As for the Harry Potter books, it sounds like we're sorta in the same boat so far. I listened to a couple of the Harry Potter books many years ago, and I read books #1 and #2 within the past year. I'm looking forward to finishing the series.

My TT shelf - ttvi

I'll be putting info in the reserved spots above, and if there is anything that would be helpful to you for me to include, please let me know. Looking forward to a fun challenge!!!

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim Anderson (kimmatski) | 1223 comments Hi guys! Looks like we've got a great team!

I'm Kim. I live in Illinois. I have a little guy that is 10 and 3 kitties. I like cats and reading pretty much anything (except historical and sometimes NF). I'm obsessed with HP and feel very puzzled that there are people in the world that haven't read the whole series yet. I'm working on rereading them all now with my son for the first time and it's so much fun. He's become just as obsessed as me. We are on Book 5. Looking forward to playing with you guys!

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Kim, I'm sure the reason I didnt read the series was because I probably felt like I was too old to read Harry Potter! I still feel that way:-)

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Sandy!

message 23: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Hello Kim!

message 24: by Kim (new)

Kim Anderson (kimmatski) | 1223 comments Laura wrote: "Hi Kim, I'm sure the reason I didnt read the series was because I probably felt like I was too old to read Harry Potter! I still feel that way:-)"

Harry Potter is for ALL AGES!!! Ha ha.

message 25: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 4967 comments Hello fellow hufflepuffs

message 26: by Erika (new)

Erika | 548 comments Hi Newts!!
I am a proud Hufflepuff and absolutely love HP. I have been trying to reread the series for a while so I’m definitely up for the buddy reads. I read just about anything. I’ve been loving non-fiction lately and am always happy to read YA. This is my second Tower event and i’m excited to get started ;)
Erika

message 27: by Laura (last edited May 08, 2018 02:32PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Kim wrote: "Laura wrote: "Hi Kim, I'm sure the reason I didnt read the series was because I probably felt like I was too old to read Harry Potter! I still feel that way:-)"

Harry Potter is for ALL AGES!!! Ha ha."

I'm hoping so!
We will find out if I'm a true Hufflepuff; I guess... all this house business and stuff will make more sense to me once I read the series or at least I hope so. ( shh... my kids didn't read HP either)

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Erika!

Hi Marie!

message 29: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Marie (UK) wrote: "Hello fellow hufflepuffs"

Hiya Marie!

message 30: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited May 08, 2018 02:40PM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Erika wrote: "Hi Newts!!
I am a proud Hufflepuff and absolutely love HP. I have been trying to reread the series for a while so I’m definitely up for the buddy reads. I read just about anything. I’ve been lovi..."

Welcome Erika!

message 31: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Laura wrote: "Kim wrote: "Laura wrote: "Hi Kim, I'm sure the reason I didnt read the series was because I probably felt like I was too old to read Harry Potter! I still feel that way:-)"

Harry Potter is for ALL..."

I’ve no real reason why I haven’t finished the series. I enjoyed the three I read.

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 229 comments Hi everyone. I love to read just about anything.

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hi everyone. I love to read just about anything."

Hey Jennifer; welcome! You are in for a treat then because you will be able to read whatever you want for this challenge!

message 34: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments Welcome Danielle, Kim, Marie, Erika, Jennifer and, of course, Laura. We've only got a couple more people who need to check in - yay!

I can finally see! I went to the eye doctor this morning and he dilated my eyes - it took all day for me to be able to get back on the computer!

message 35: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 1142 comments Hi there! I've only read the first two HP books. I'm going to finish the series one day. I am from the suburbs outside of Philadelphia, PA and I've got a crazy busy schedule during the first half of the week. (M-W) and then things kind of slow down for me. So forgive me if if I'm not able to check in as much on those days.

Tower Teams VI Shelf

message 37: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments Welcome Sassafras!

message 38: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Sassafras!

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1710 comments Popping over from Cedric Diggory to wave hello to Danielle, Maya, and Sassafrass.

Waves madly. 👋

message 40: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3261 comments another hello to fellow Huffpuffs from Team Cedric! :)
Nice to see so many Uno-challengers here. Let's make our House proud of us! :)

message 41: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 7524 comments Mod
Good morning House-mates! popped in from Cedric.

Hi Sass, Maya, Danielle! BEEEEG waves!

message 42: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited May 09, 2018 03:11AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 774 comments Hello fellow Newts!!!
I live in Illinois also & Ive been a HP fan since the beginning when these books were first published. I'm not telling you how old I am because I feel age is just a number & I'm still having fun being a "kid" lol. I am really excited to play. Looking forward to this.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 43: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hi everyone. I love to read just about anything."

You fit in good then with this challenge.

message 44: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Sassafrass wrote: "Hi there! I've only read the first two HP books. I'm going to finish the series one day. I am from the suburbs outside of Philadelphia, PA and I've got a crazy busy schedule during the first half o..."

Hey Sass. Looks like quite a few of us here haven’t read all the HP books.

message 45: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Sarah wrote: "Popping over from Cedric Diggory to wave hello to Danielle, Maya, and Sassafrass.

Waves madly. 👋"

Cat wrote: "Good morning House-mates! popped in from Cedric.

Hi Sass, Maya, Danielle! BEEEEG waves!"

Hey there Sarah and Cat *waves*

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Good morning everyone!
Hi Sallie!
Another day closer! Does anyone know what book they are starting with?

message 47: by Kim (new)

Kim Anderson (kimmatski) | 1223 comments Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) wrote: "Hello fellow Newts!!!
I live in Illinois also & Ive been a HP fan since the beginning when these books were first published. I'm not telling you how old I am because I feel age is just a number & I..."

Sallie! Whereabouts in IL do you live? I'm in the Peoria area.

message 48: by Tina ❣ (new)

Tina ❣ (nutrinut) | 1908 comments Hi all! I'm Tina the captain from Tonks! Let's do our house proud!

message 49: by SandyL (new)

SandyL | 4453 comments Hi Sallie!

message 50: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4632 comments Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) wrote: "Hello fellow Newts!!!
I live in Illinois also & Ive been a HP fan since the beginning when these books were first published. I'm not telling you how old I am because I feel age is just a number & I..."

Hi Sallie.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22