Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; M - P > Mafi, Tahereh- Restore Me( Shatter Me #4); Informal Buddy Read starts May 14, 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi.

description

Synopsis
Juliette Ferrars thought she'd won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she's still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she's got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
Reserved

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen Sabo | 512 comments I just grabbed this book from the library! I'm super excited to start this read!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Jen,
I know Andrea will be joining us. I 'm off tomorrow so I'm hoping to read a good chunk. I leave spoilers so no worry of ruining anything for anyone. Its been a while since I 've read the other 3.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments I 've started the book, I 'm reading an ecopy from my OverDrive so while reading I've noticed there are no chapter numbers. Each chapter is either headed as Juliette or Warner.

Up to Warner - 15.2%
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments up to Juliette- 49.7%
(view spoiler)

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen Sabo | 512 comments Okay, so I am just able to start tonight! I'm going to try to get to about 15% so we can chat about it!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Yeah!! Looking forward to it.

51.1%
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments 54.4%- Juliette
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments (view spoiler)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Juliette- 82.8%
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen Sabo | 512 comments Laura wrote: "I 've started the book, I 'm reading an ecopy from my OverDrive so while reading I've noticed there are no chapter numbers. Each chapter is either headed as Juliette or Warner.

Up to Warner - 15...."

I just got up to this point. So far, it feels somewhat like a slow start. I'm having some difficulty motivating myself to keep reading, but I'm hoping it picks up!

I also felt like I had forgotten some of the characters and conflicts. I had to go and read some information about what happened in the last books and who the characters were, but it's all coming back!

One thing is that it seems to be missing the same poetic hint to the writing and that is kind of a bummer.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments I had definitely forgotten some of the characters and conflicts but the more I read , the rest came back to me and it all started to make sense.

End
(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Restore Me (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tahereh Mafi (other topics)