Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Challenge Theme: Audio > All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 554) (554 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (last edited May 06, 2014 06:24PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~ All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge ~
Whether you are already an audio book reader, or think it is time to give some a try, this challenge is for you!

Duration: Twelve months from when you start.

Levels:
Voice Over: 1-5 books
Remixer: 6-10 books
Audio Technician: 11-15 books
Sound Engineer: 16-20 books
Producer: 21-24 books
Director: 25-30 books
Executive Director: Pick & choose which ones to double and make it 50 books.
Rules & How to:
Option One - Freestyle:
►Pick a level and choose your own audiobook styles.
►You may read as many books as you want for each audio book type.
►Categories may overlap; for example, “American Gods” is a full cast audiobook, and over 5 hours, but you may only use it in one category for this challenge.

Option Two - Want-It-All:
►The same as option one, but you must read at least one book in each category.

Option Three - Spell-It-Out:
► Select a audio related word of your choice, and then spell out the word(s) using the first letter in the book’s title, the first letter in the author’s first or last name, or the first letter of a character’s first, last, or nick-name. Or try something different: use only the narrator’s name (first or last). As always, if the first letter of a title starts with ‘A’, ‘An’, ‘The’, etc., you may use the first letter of the second word in the title to spell out your chosen word.

Ideas for items to spell:
audible.com, audio, audiobooks, batteries, Books On Tape, cassette, CD, Compact Disc, download, ear buds, earphones, electronics, inflection, intonation, iPod, Kindle, listen, name of favorite narrator, One Click Digital, Over Drive Audio, pacing, PMP, reader, Recorded Books, recordings, remixer, sound, speed, stereo, Tandor Media, tone, voice, voice-over, voice types (Soprano; Mezzo-soprano; Alto; Contralto; Countertenor; Tenor; Baritone; Bass), volume, Walkman, WMA...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
CATEGORIES: - Thirty categories from which to choose.

◈ Female Narrator

An audiobook with one female narrator.

◈ Male Narrator

An audiobook with one male narrator.

◈ Duets

An audiobook with one female and one male narrator.

◈ Full Cast

An unabridged audiobook with several narrators; there is a narrator per character (e.g. American Gods by Neal Gaiman). To find these, you can search most sites by the term “Full Cast.”

◈ Dramatizations

An abridged audiobook with background music/noises like the “old school” radio plays (e.g. BBC Radio Drama Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett). Also known as “Performance” audios, if you’re doing a search.

◈ Celebrity Narrator

Category name says it all: Somebody famous narrates. Examples: James Marsters reading Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files series or Anne Hathaway reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. BTW, when searching, audible.com is calling this their “A-List Collection.”

◈ New-to-Me Narrator

A narrator that you haven’t heard before.

◈ Favourite Narrator

A narrator that you have heard and loved before and would recommend to others.

◈ Volunteer Narrator

A narrator that is not professional, but volunteers to read books. (Such as those used on librivox.org)

◈ Less Than 3 Hours

An audiobook that you can read in one day!

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours

An audiobook that falls in this range.

◈ More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours

An audiobook that is over 5 hours in length.

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours

An audiobook that is a CHUNKSTER! ;) More than 10 hours in length, but less than 15.

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours

An audiobook that is a Colossal Chunkster! More than 15 hours in length, less than 20.

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours

An audiobook that is a Super Colossal Chunkster! More than 20 hours in length, less than 25.

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours

An audiobook that is a Super-Duper Colossal Chunkster! More than 25 hours in length, less than 30.

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours

An audiobook that is a Monstrous Chunkster! More than 30 hours in length, less than 35.

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

An epic, indeed! More than 35 hours in length, less than 40.

◈ 40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!

Beyond epic, indeed! Time to implant ear buds in your head. Forty hours or more! For this one we will also allow a trilogy that qualifies in length, or three books anywhere within a series, if you “read” all of it/them via audio.

◈ In-Sync Multimedia

Use an audible sync option to read-along! Such as the new read-along with your Kindle option by audible.com called Whispersync, which remembers your last stopping point in either device. However, you may read a book using any two media choices your desire, as long as one of them is via audio.

◈ Digital Downloads Freebies

Keep it legal! Public libraries using OverDrive Media Console, or Bolinda Audio (BorrowBox), or OneClickDigital downloads. There are also free sites like:
librivox.org
Project Gutenberg Audio Books Project
audiobooksync.com - scheduled release dates
...Audiobooksync has free audiobooks over the Northern Hemisphere’s summer.

◈ Doing it “Old School”

Use audiobook CDs, or cassette, or even LPs or 8-Track-Tapes, if you have them! Don’t have the right equipment? Oftentimes your public library will have these devices to loan.

◈ Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook

Go on a road trip, holiday, or just listen during your daily commute to work while “reading” in your car or public transportation!

◈ Multitasking! Listening on My Portable Music Player (PMP) Audiobook

Put on those headphones, get cleaning, gardening, grocery shopping, power-walking, even knitting while “reading” a book! Use your Smartphone, MP3, Walkman, portable CD player, iPod, episodic podcast, whatever! Just make Oprah proud.

◈ Audie Award Nominees and Winners

You be the judge. Try an audiobook that has been nominated or won an Audie – any category counts – and lists may be found at audiopub.org (look to the right of the screen for past years).

◈ Recommended by Others

Audiobooks recommended by your friends or other NBRC members.

◈ BOM via Audiobook

Read a NBRC Book of the Month via audio.

◈ “Buddy Read” via Audiobook

Read a “Buddy Read” book via audio and/or listen to your book with another person.

◈ Classic Read

Have you always wanted to broaden your reading horizons and get to that classic everyone seems to talk about? Try it via audio.

◈ Re-Read a Favourite

Old or new, choose a book you’ve read and loved - and see if you could possibly love it even more via audio. (Note: The right narrator is even more crucial here!)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (last edited Dec 09, 2016 01:32AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Amethyst Coin Challenge Themes ~ Amethyst Coin Amethyst Coin

Earn your Amethyst Coins with the Reading Challenges. Must Join a participating Reading Challenge on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn an Amethyst Coin:
Amethyst Coin One Coin upon completing Director level or higher

Learn about Gem coins here

message 4: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (last edited Feb 19, 2015 05:17PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Woohoo! My spot :)

I think I'm shooting for Executive Director, but I'm not sure I will hit all categories. So I may just Freestyle it

Duration: May 7, 2014 - Feb 20, 2015

Progress: 50/50

◈ Female Narrator
Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood Cocaine Blues Completed 8 May 2014 ★★★
Flying Too High (Phryne Fisher, #2) by Kerry Greenwood Flying Too HighCompleted 26 Sept 2014 ★★★★
Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables, #7) by L.M. Montgomery Rainbow Valley Completed 30 Oct 2014 ★★
Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Bayou Moon Completed 27 Nov 2014★★★★

◈ Male Narrator
Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7) by Jim Butcher Dead Beat Completed 10 July 2014★★★★
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban completed Nov 24, 2014 ★★★★
Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3) by Melina MarchettaQuintana of Charyn Completed 20 Feb 2015 ★★★

Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel Beatrice and Virgil Completed 30 August 2014 ★★★

The Yard (The Murder Squad #1) by Alex Grecian The Yard Completed 5 September 2014 ★★★☆

The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin Colfer The Time Paradox Completed 29 July 2014 ★★★★

Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park, #1) by Michael Crichton Jurassic Park Completed 11 December 2014 ★★★

Dust (Silo, #3) by Hugh Howey Dust Completed 18 Jan 2015 ★★★★

◈ Duets
Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Champion Completed 9 September 2014 ★★★

◈ Full Cast
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Wuthering Heights Completed 18 Jan 2015 ★★★★

◈ Dramatizations
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson Treasure Island Completed 29 September 2014 ★★★★

◈ Celebrity Narrator
White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher White Night Completed 22 September 2014★★★★

◈ New-to-Me Narrator
A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki A Tale for the Time Being Completed 7 Oct 2014 ★★★

◈ Favourite Narrator
Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8) by Jim Butcher Proven Guilty Completed 15 August 2014★★★★

Shakespeare's Champion (Lily Bard, #2) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Champion Completed 3 November 2014★★★

◈ Volunteer Narrator
Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery Anne's House of Dreams Completed 11 October 2014 ★★★★

◈ Less Than 3 Hours
Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn Mindfulness for Beginners Completed 6 October 2014 ★★★

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours
How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1) by Cressida Cowell How to Train Your Dragon Completed September 14, 2014 ★★★★

The Reluctant Assassin (W.A.R.P., #1) by Eoin Colfer The Reluctant Assassin Completed 21 June 2014 (9hours, 29mins)★★★

Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard, #1) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Landlord (6 hours, 48 minutes)★★★★

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan Unspoken Completed 28 August 2014 ★★★ (10 hours and 40 minutes)

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes The Last Letter from Your Lover Completed 06 June 2014 ★★★ (15hrs,18mins)
Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Eragon Completed Feb 1, 2015 ★★★ (16hrs, 21 mins)

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch The Lies of Locke Lamora Completed 28 May 2014 ★★★★ (22hrs,3mins)

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky Crime and Punishment Completed 15 Nov 2014 ★★★★☆ (25hr, 5 min)

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky The Brothers Karamazov read 26 Jan 2015 ★★★

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours
New York by Edward Rutherfurd New York Completed 13 Jan 2015 ★★★★ (36hr,5min)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Completed 9 November 2014 ★★★★

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Completed 17 Nov 2014 ★★★★

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Completed 26 December 2014 ★★★

◈ In-Sync Multimedia
Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Avonlea Completed 16 July 2014 ★★★

Cop Town by Karin Slaughter Cop Town Completed 20 September 2014 ★★★

Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1) by James Patterson Confessions of a Murder Suspect (from Audiobook Sync) Completed 2 July 2014 ★★★☆

◈ Doing it “Old School”
Loyal Creatures by Morris GleitzmanLoyal Creatures by Morris Gleitzman Completed 10 January 2015 ★★★★

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi Under the Never Sky Completed 25 July 2014 ★★★

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews On the EdgeCompleted 18 July 2014 ★★★☆
The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8) by Eoin Colfer The Last Guardian Completed 22 October 2014 ★★★

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock Completed 20 July 2014 ★★★ (2014 nominee for Teens category)

◈ Recommended by Others
Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein Code Name Verity Completed 8 Nov 2014 ★★★★

◈ BOM via Audiobook
Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris Midnight Crossroad (9hrs, 26mins). June 2014 BOM Completed 26 June2014 ★★★★

Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher Small FavorCompleted 17 October 2014 ★★★
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Finnikin of the Rock Completed 1 Jan 2015 ★★★★

◈ Classic Read
Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of the Island Completed 23 July 2014 ★★★★★

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby Completed 23 December 2014 ★★★★

◈ Re-Read a Favourite
Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery Anne Of Green Gables Completed 27 June 2014 ★★★★★
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell Completed 4 Feb 2015 ★★★★★

message 5: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 18, 2014 08:14AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15159 comments I'm in, too! I'm shooting for 50 this year, for Executive Director. I'll double up on some of my fav categories and also spell out my favorite device: iPod/Touch.

02/50

Female Narrator
The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1) by Courtney Milan The Duchess War, by Courtney Milan = Narrated By Rosalyn Landor
Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas Lady Sophia's Lover, by Lisa Kleypas = Narrated by Susan Duerden

Male Narrator
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion = Narrated by Dan O'Grady ★★★★★ SJLibrary-CD-to-iPod/Touch 5/17
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince, by Kresley Cole = Narrated by Robert Petkoff
Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole Demon from the Dark, by Kresley Cole = Narrated by Robert Petkoff

Duets
Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth RevisAcross the Universe, by Beth Revis Narrators are Lauren Ambrose & Carlos Santos (SJLibrary-CDs to iPod)

Full Cast
An unabridged audiobook with several narrators; there is a narrator per character (e.g. American Gods by Neal Gaiman). To find these, you can search most sites by the term “Full Cast.”

Dramatizations
An abridged audiobook with background music/noises like the “old school” radio plays (e.g. BBC Radio Drama Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett). Also known as “Performance” audios, if you’re doing a search.
The Maltese Falcon, by Yuri Rasovsky Narrators are Michael Madsen, Sandra Oh, Edward Herrmann (SJLibrary-OCD)

Celebrity Narrator
Category name says it all: Somebody famous narrates. Examples: James Marsters reading Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files series or Anne Hathaway reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. BTW, when searching, audible.com is calling this their “A-List Collection.”

New-to-Me Narrator

Favourite Narrator

Volunteer Narrator
A narrator that is not professional, but volunteers to read books. (Such as those used on librivox.org)

Less Than 3 Hours
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein = Narrated by Shel Silverstein (SJLibrary-CD; need to request)

Between 3 - 5 Hours
A Kiss For Midwinter (Brothers Sinister, #1.5) by Courtney Milan A Kiss For Midwinter, by Courtney Milan = Narrated by Rosalyn Landor (audible.com) [Length: 4 hrs and 14 mins]

More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours
Perfect for You, by Kate Perry = Narrated by Xe Sands (audible.com) [5 hrs and 15 mins]

10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
An audiobook that is a CHUNKSTER! ;) More than 10 hours in length, but less than 15.

15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
An audiobook that is a Colossal Chunkster! More than 15 hours in length, less than 20.

20 Hours to 24.9 Hours
An audiobook that is a Super Colossal Chunkster! More than 20 hours in length, less than 25.

25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
An audiobook that is a Super-Duper Colossal Chunkster! More than 25 hours in length, less than 30.

30 Hours to 34.9 Hours
An audiobook that is a Monstrous Chunkster! More than 30 hours in length, less than 35.

35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!
Beyond epic, indeed! Time to implant ear buds in your head. Forty hours or more! For this one we will also allow a trilogy that qualifies in length, or three books anywhere within a series, if you “read” all of it/them via audio.

In-Sync Multimedia
Use an audible sync option to read-along! Such as the new read-along with your Kindle option by audible.com called Whispersync, which remembers your last stopping point in either device. However, you may read a book using any two media choices your desire, as long as one of them is via audio.

Digital Downloads Freebies
Keep it legal! Public libraries using OverDrive Media Console, or Bolinda Audio (BorrowBox), or OneClickDigital downloads. There are also free sites like:
librivox.org
The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie May 29 – June 4 = The Murder at the Vicarage, by Agatha Christie, Narrated by Richard E. Grant (Harper Audio)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter June 19 – June 25 = I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, by Ally Carter, Narrated by Renée Raudman (Brilliance Audio)

Doing it “Old School”
Use audiobook CDs, or cassette, or even LPs or 8-Track-Tapes, if you have them! Don’t have the right equipment? Oftentimes your public library will have these devices to loan.

Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook
Go on a road trip, holiday, or just listen during your daily commute to work while “reading” in your car or public transportation!

Multitasking! Listening on My Portable Music Player (PMP) Audiobook
Put on those headphones, get cleaning, gardening, grocery shopping, power-walking, even knitting while “reading” a book! Use your Smartphone, MP3, Walkman, portable CD player, iPod, episodic podcast, whatever! Just make Oprah proud.

Audie Award Nominees and Winners
You be the judge. Try an audiobook that has been nominated or won an Audie – any category counts – and lists may be found at audiopub.org (look to the right of the screen for past years).
The Witness by Nora Roberts The Witness, by Nora Roberts (CD to iPod/Touch) = 2013 Audie Winner for “Romance.”

Society's Child My Autobiography by Janis Ian Society's Child: My Autobiography, by Janis Ian (audible.com wishlist) = 2013 Audie Winner for “Narration by Author.”

Recommended by Others

BOM via Audiobook

“Buddy Read” via Audiobook
Read a “Buddy Read” book via audio and/or listen to your book with another person.

Classic Read
Have you always wanted to broaden your reading horizons and get to that classic everyone seems to talk about? Try it via audio.
The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens The Cricket on the Hearth, by Charles Dickens (audible.com)

Re-Read a Favourite
Old or new, choose a book you’ve read and loved - and see if you could possibly love it even more via audio. (Note: The right narrator is even more crucial here!)
The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas The Comforts of Home, by Jodi Thomas ★★★★★ audible.com 5/14 “r.r.v.a.”
Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta ChaseLord of Scoundrels, by Loretta Chase (audible.com) Narrated by Kate Reading
Surrender, by Pamela Clare (audible.com) Narrated by Kaleo Griffith

i. -
P. -
O. -
D. - Dawe, Angela narrates The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, by Jennifer Ashley (audible.com)

T. -
O. -
U. - An Unsuitable Job for a Woman, by P.D. James = Narrated by Penelope Dellaporta (SJLibrary-CD)
C. -
H. -
An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James

message 6: by Barb (last edited Nov 28, 2014 06:29PM) (new)

Barb Count me in too! I'm going to do Option 3, the spell-it-out, and I'm going to use only audiobook titles or authors' or narrators' names. Since I get most of my audiobooks from the library, I'm adding that to my list of words to spell :)

ALL ABOUT AUDIOBOOKS, 5/6/14 - 5/5/15
28/28 COMPLETED

AUDIOBOOKS - COMPLETED 11/1
✓ A - The Anatomist's Apprentice (Dr. Thomas Silkstone #1), by Tessa Harris, finished 7/2 ★★★
✓ U - author Iris Johansen - The Ugly Duckling, finished 8/13 ★★★.5
✓ D - narrator Jeremy Davidson - The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History, by Robert M. Edsel, finished 5/19 ★★★★
✓ I - author Ian FlemingThe Man with the Golden Gun (James Bond #13), finished 11/1 ★★★
✓ O - One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, by by Ann Voskamp, finished 5/12 ★★★
✓ B - author Russell S. Bonds - Stealing the General: The Great Locomotive Chase and the First Medal of Honor, finished 7/12 ★★★.5
✓ O - One Summer: America, 1927, by Bill Bryson, finished 6/22 ★★★★
✓ O - Oath of Office (Dr. Lou Welcome #1), by Michael Palmer, finished 6/28 ★★★
✓ K - author Ellen Klages - The Green Glass Sea (Green Glass #1), finished 7/7 ★★★★
✓ S - Silver Girl, by Elin Hilderbrand, finished 5/31 ★★★.5

iPOD - COMPLETED 10/1
✓ I - Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski #1), by Sara Paretsky, finished 10/1 ★★★★
✓ P - A Presumption of Death (Lord Peter Wimsey #2), by Jill Paton Walsh, finished 7/22 ★★★
✓ O - author Perri O'ShaughnessyCase of Lies (Nina Reilly #11), finished 7/25 ★★★.5
✓ D - author Charles Darwin - The Voyage of the Beagle, finished 5/26 ★★★

LIBRARY - COMPLETED 9/15
✓ L - author Elizabeth Lowell - Night Diver, finished 8/18 ★★★
✓ I - Insane City, by Dave Barry, finished 9/15 ★★.5
✓ B - narrator Dennis Boutsikaris – Power Play, by Joseph Finder, finished 8/7 ★★★★
✓ R - author Robert Harris - Pompeii, finished 6/7 ★★★★
✓ A - author Agatha Christie - Ordeal by Innocence, finished 8/24 ★★★
✓ R - character Robbie - The Confession, by John Grisham, finished 6/12 ★★★
✓ Y - You Belong To Me, by Mary Higgins Clark, finished 8/29 ★★★.5

AUDIBLE - COMPLETED 11/28
✓ A – Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp #9), by Vince Flynn, finished 9/8 ★★★★
✓ U – Under the Lake, by Stuart Woods, finished 11/20 ★★★
✓ D – narrator Jonathan Davis – Kenobi, by John Jackson Miller, finished 9/3 ★★★★
✓ I – author Greg IlesTurning Angel (Penn Cage #2), finished 11/27 ★★★.5
✓ B – narrator Buck Schirner – Monkeewrench (Monkeewrench #1), by P.J. Tracy, finished 10/11 ★★★★
✓ L – The Lost Key (Brit in the FBI #2), by Catherine Coulter & J.T. Ellison, finished 10/21 ★★★★
✓ E – Enigma, by C.F. Bentley, finished 10/25 ★★★

***** CHALLENGE COMPLETE 11/28 *****

message 7: by Kristie (last edited Mar 26, 2015 06:54PM) (new)

Kristie | 2518 comments I'm in for this one too! :D

Duration: 5/6/14 - 5/6/15
Option 1: Freestyle.
Level: Audio Technician: 11-15 books
Completed: 12/12

Level Change!!: Director: 25-30 books
Completed: 30/30

✓ Female Narrator
The Fault in Our Stars 6/24/14

✓ Male Narrator
The Sisters Grimm: The Fairy-Tale Detectives - Book #1 7/14/14

✓ Duets
Code Name Verity 11/19/14

✓ Full Cast
Bruiser 1/29/15

✓ Dramatizations
The Crowded Street 12/21/14

✓ Celebrity Narrator
Dead Beat narrated by James Marsters 7/11/14

✓ New-to-Me Narrator
All the Light We Cannot See narrated by Zach Appelman 8/18/14

✓ Favourite Narrator
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry narrated by Scott Brick 7/18/14

✓ Volunteer Narrator
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland narrated byPeter Yearsley on librivox.org 8/28/14

✓ Less Than 3 Hours
Go the F*** to Sleep (6 mins) 6/22/14

✓ Between 3 - 5 Hours
The Giver (4 hrs 51 mins) 9/3/14

✓ More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours
Year Zero (9hrs 53 mins) 8/31/14

✓ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (11 hrs 27 mins) 9/15/14

✓ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
The Silkworm (17 hrs 22 mins) 9/25/14

✓ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours
I Am Pilgrim (22 hrs 42 mins) 3/26/15

✓ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
The Name of the Wind (27 hrs 58 mins) 1/18/15

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

✓ 40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!
Tricked (10 hrs 41 mins) 5/6/14
Trapped (9 hrs 2 mins) 6/12/14
Hunted (9 hrs 52 mins) 6/19/14
Shattered (11 hrs 35 mins) 8/26/14
Series: The Iron Druid Chronicles - Total time: 41 hrs 10 mins

✓ In-Sync Multimedia
Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) 5/27/14

✓ Digital Downloads Freebies
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald 10/6/14

✓ Doing it “Old School”
The Son of Neptune 5/20/14

✓ Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook
Mr. Mercedes 7/30/14

✓ Multitasking! Listening on My Portable Music Player (PMP) Audiobook
Vicious 10/15/14

✓ Audie Award Nominees and Winners: Science Fiction
The Martian 10/23/14

✓ Recommended by Others
The Girl with All the Gifts 8/4/14

✓ BOM via Audiobook
If I Stay 6/4/14

✓ “Buddy Read” via Audiobook
The Glass Castle 10/29/14

◈ Classic Read

✓ Re-Read a Favourite
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 1/1/15

Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4) by Kevin Hearne The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) (Wool, #1-5) by Hugh Howey If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5) by Kevin Hearne Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6) by Kevin Hearne Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7) by Jim Butcher The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1) by Michael Buckley The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #7) by Kevin Hearne Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll Year Zero by Rob Reid The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) by Robert Galbraith Z A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler Vicious by V.E. Schwab The Martian by Andy Weir The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein The Crowded Street by Winifred Holtby Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss Bruiser by Neal Shusterman I Am Pilgrim (Pilgrim, #1) by Terry Hayes

message 8: by Rebecca NJ (last edited Aug 04, 2014 06:34PM) (new)

Rebecca NJ (NJReader) | 1945 comments Count me in! I'm going to shoot for Option 2, "Director".

Start Date: May 1, 2014

◈ Female Narrator
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed, narrated by Bernadette Dunne, 7/23/14

◈ Male Narrator
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan, narrated by Jesse Benstein, 5/14/14

◈ Duets
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, narrated by Rebecca Lowman and Sunil Malhorta, 6/26/14

◈ Full Cast

◈ Dramatizations

◈ Celebrity Narrator

◈ New-to-Me Narrator

◈ Favourite Narrator

◈ Volunteer Narrator

◈ Less Than 3 Hours

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours

The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore, narrated by Wes Moore, 6 hours and 12 minutes, 6/10/14

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
The Good Father by Diane Chamberlain, narrated by Kirby Heyborne,
Arielle DeLisle, and Emily Durante, 10 hours, 4 minutes, 7/31/14

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, narrated by Scott Brick, Cassandra Campbell, Kim Mai Guest, Kirby Heyborn, John Lee, Richard Mattews, 19 hours and 53 minutes, 6/19/14

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

◈ In-Sync Multimedia

◈ Doing it “Old School”

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan, narrated by Jesse Benstein, listened during my commute to work, 7/3/14

◈ Recommended by Others

◈ BOM via Audiobook

◈ Classic Read

◈ Re-Read a Favourite

message 9: by SthTx Dawn (last edited Aug 29, 2014 10:38AM) (new)

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 225 comments I love audio books..sign me up!

~ All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge ~

Duration: 5/6/14 - 5/6/15
Level: Audio Technician
Progress: 5/15

Freestyle

Female Narrator

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter, Narrated by Renee Raudman

Male Narrator

Tonight I Said Goodbye by Michael Koryta, Narrated by Scott Brick

Digital Downloads Freebies

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick,
Noah Galvin
(free download from the SYNC summer 2014 program)

Favorite Narrator

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Author and Narrator ✔

More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours: The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer (read by Maxwell Caulfield) ✔

Classic: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (read by Mark F. Smith )

Multitasking! Horns by Joe Hill, narrated by Fred Berman
I listened to this one during my morning walks

message 10: by Judy (last edited Jun 28, 2014 11:36AM) (new)

Judy I'm in for this one!

All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge

May 7, 2014 to May 7, 2015
Level: Director
Option 1 - Freestyle
Progress 10/25-30 books read

◈ Female Narrator

1. Female Narrator (Karen White) - It Happened One Wedding- finished 5/8 - 5 stars

It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5) by Julie James

◈ Male Narrator (Steven Crossley)
Ramage- finished 5/24 - 3 stars
Ramage by Dudley Pope

◈ Duets

◈ Full Cast

◈ Dramatizations
The Importance of Being Earnest - finished 5/18 - 4 stars
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

◈ Celebrity Narrator
Category name says it all: Somebody famous narrates.

David Tennant narrator
How to Train Your Dragon - finished 6/27 - 5 stars
How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell

◈ New-to-Me Narrator

◈ Favourite Narrator

◈ Volunteer Narrator

◈ Less Than 3 Hours

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours
The Heroine's Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder - 4 hours, 43 minutes - finished 6/4 - 3 stars
The Heroine's Bookshelf Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder by Erin Blakemore

The Inimitable Jeeves - finished 6/24 - 4 stars
The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours

12 hours, 35 minutes
The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements - finished 6/28 - 4 stars
The Disappearing Spoon And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements by Sam Kean

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

◈ In-Sync Multimedia

librivox.org

◈ Doing it “Old School”

Put on those headphones, get cleaning, and power-walking, while “reading” a book! Use your iPod, whatever! Just make Oprah proud.

To Honor You Call Us- finished 6/20 - 5 stars

To Honor You Call Us by H. Paul Honsinger

◈ Recommended by Others

◈ BOM via Audiobook

◈ Classic Read

Mr. Midshipman Hornblower - finished 6/11 - 3 stars
Mr. Midshipman Hornblower (Unabridged) by C.S. Forester
◈ Re-Read a Favourite
Just Like Heaven- finished 5/16 - 4 stars
Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

message 11: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Mar 25, 2015 11:22AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi | 1520 comments Yearly challenge - All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge
Duration: May 2014 – May 2015
Option 1: Freestyle
Level: Executive Director (will double up on some)
Read 28/28

◈ Female Narrator: DONE
☑1) Entwined Narrated by Elizabeth Wiley (Done 5/18) ★★★½
☑2) Mark of the Demon Narrated by Liv Anderson (Done 5/17) ★★★½
Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland

◈ Male Narrator:DONE
☑1) Narrated by: Kaleo Griffith: Breaking Point (Done 5/10) ★★★★★
☑2) Narrated by:Paul Morey: 18% Gray (Done 5/13) ★★
Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1) by Anne Tenino

◈ Duets:DONE
☑1) Rule Narrated by:Sophie Eastlake & Michael Rahhal (Done 6/1) ★★★★
☑2) Deeper Narrated by: Lynda Houck & Mike Chamberlain (Done 9/11) ★★★★
Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York

◈ Celebrity Narrator
☑1)Robert Petkoff: Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Done 6/16) ★★★★★
☑2) Samuel L. Jackson: Go the Fuck to Sleep(Done 6/28) ★★★★★
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole

◈ New-to-Me Narrator:DONE
☑1) Lick& Play narrated by Andi Arndt (Done 5/8) ★★★★½
☑2) A Family Affairnarrated by Myra Lucretia Taylor (Done 6/29) ★★★
Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott A Family Affair by ReShonda Tate Billingsley

◈ Favourite Narrator
☑1) Rosalyn Landor: Silent Revenge (Done 5/24) ★★★★1/2
☑2) Rosalyn Landor: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (Done 6/30) ★★★★
Silent Revenge by Laura Landon One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) by Sarah MacLean

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours
☑1)Superhero (2 hrs and 57 mins)(Done 7/25) ★★★★
☑2) Captured (3 hrs and 52 mins) Done 3/3) ★★★
Superhero by Eli Easton

◈ More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours: DONE
☑1) 7 hrs 20 mins: Wake Me Up Inside (Done 5/22) ★★★★
☑2) 7 hrs 21 mins: Ethan, Who Loved Carter (Done 5/16) ★★½
Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1) by Cardeno C. Ethan, Who Loved Carter by Ryan Loveless

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours: DONE
☑1)11 hrs 58 mins: Tempted Elizabeth Wiley (Done 5/18) ★★★½
☑2) 12hrs 4 mins: The Shadow Reader Amy Rubinate (Done 5/28)★★★★½
Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1) by Sandy Williams

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours: DONE
☑1) Magic Breaks (Done 8/3)★★★★½
☑2) Lothaire (Done 8/23)★★★★★
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole

◈ Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook: DONE
☑1) Brokenhearted (Done 5/25) ★★★1/2
☑2) Enslaved (Done 5/25) ★★★★
Brokenhearted (Hope Cove, #1) by Cate Ashwood Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5) by Elisabeth Naughton

◈ Recommended by Others: DONE
☑1) SOS Group Read: Untouchable (Done 5/26) ★★★★
☑2) RRRC Meet & Greet 4 (Katie): Enraptured (Done 6/4) ★★★★
Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8) by Kresley Cole Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4) by Elisabeth Naughton

◈ BOM via Audiobook
☑1) The Girl on the Train (Done 2/10/15) ★
☑2) I'll Give You the Sun (Done 3/23/15) ★
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

☑1)Skin Deep (Done 6/9) ★★★★½ --listening to now
☑2) Left Drowning (Done 6/23) ★★½
Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5) by Pamela Clare Left Drowning by Jessica Park

message 12: by Nichole (last edited Jun 01, 2014 08:18AM) (new)

Nichole | 980 comments All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge
Duration: 5/6/14-5/5/15
Option One: Freestyle
Level: Executive Director
Completed: 13/50

◈ Female Narrator:
Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop *5/27 ★★★★☆

◈ Male Narrator:

◈ Duets:

◈ Full Cast:

◈ Dramatizations:

◈ Celebrity Narrator:
Making Faces by Amy Harmon, narrated by Rob Shapiro

◈ New-to-Me Narrator:
Stolen by Kelley Armstrong, narrated by Nell Canning *5/6 ★★★★☆

◈ Favourite Narrator:
Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas, narrated by Rosalyn Landor *5/9 ★★★★☆
Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole *5/20 ★★★★★

◈ Volunteer Narrator:

◈ Less Than 3 Hours:

◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours:

◈ More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours:
Second Chances by Lauren Dane *5/28 ★★★☆☆

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours:
Waiting On You by Kristan Higgins (12h 21m) *5/7 ★★★★☆

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours:
Written in Red by Anne Bishop (18h 32m) *5/14 ★★★★★

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours:

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours:

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours:

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours:

◈ 40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!:

◈ In-Sync Multimedia:

◈ Digital Downloads Freebies:
Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis *5/22 ★★★☆☆

◈ Doing it “Old School”:
Ruthless by Anne Stuart *5/31 ★★★☆☆

◈ Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook:

◈ Multitasking! Listening on My Portable Music Player (PMP) Audiobook:
The Queen Is Dead by Kate Locke *5/16 ★★★☆☆

◈ Audie Award Nominees and Winners:

◈ Recommended by Others:
Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian *5/12 ★★★☆☆
Venom by Jennifer Estep *5/25 ★★★★★

◈ BOM via Audiobook:

◈ “Buddy Read” via Audiobook:

◈ Classic Read:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen *5/17 ★★★★☆

◈ Re-Read a Favourite:

Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Second Chances by Lauren Dane Waiting On You (Blue Heron #3) by Kristan Higgins Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) by Anne Stuart The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2) by Kate Locke Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

message 13: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Welcome to the challenge Barb, Kristie, Renecca NJ, Shaun, Dawn (I love that site too - I'm eagerly awaiting the 15th!), Judy, Ezinwanyi and Nichole!

I can't wait to see what books you choose to give me some more audio inspiration ;)

message 14: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2518 comments Karen - If you like thriller/ mysteries (not gory), I just finished runner on audio and I thought the narrator did an excellent job.

message 15: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments @Ezi - I was just going to tell you about this challenge but look ...you're already here!!

message 16: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Jun 27, 2014 11:36AM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments ~ All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge ~
5/6/2014 ~ 5/6/2015
Level:Audio Technician: 11-15 books
Option Three - Spell-It-Out:
2/14 Read

i ~ Immortals after Dark Pleasure of a Dark Prince 6/27/14 4 - 4.5♥
P ~ Poughkeepsie 5/15/14 4♥
O
D

K
I
N
D
L ~ Lara Adrian Veil of Midnight
E

B ~ Bear, Otter, and the Kid
A ~ Ashes of Midnight
S ~ Jill Shalvis Rescue My Heart
S ~ Jill Shalvis Rumor Has It

message 17: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi | 1520 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "@Ezi - I was just going to tell you about this challenge but look ...you're already here!!"

hehehe, I am everywhere

message 18: by Jojobean (last edited May 06, 2014 07:10PM) (new)

Jojobean | 447 comments All About Audiobooks: A Reading Via Your Ears Challenge

Duration: 5/6/14~ 5/6/15

Level: Voice Over: 1-5 books~ this will be the first time using audio books

Option: 1

◈ Female Narrator

◈ Male Narrator

◈ New-to-Me Narrator

◈ Doing it “Old School”

◈ Classic Read

message 19: by Renee (last edited Sep 29, 2014 12:42AM) (new)

Renee (ReneeConoulty) | 3309 comments All about audiobooks: A reading via your ears challenge
May 2014 - May 2015
Freestyle Producer (20-24 books)

◈ Female Narrator Heavenly Pleasures
Heavenly Pleasures (Corinna Chapman, #2) by Kerry Greenwood

◈ Male Narrator An Open Swimmer
An Open Swimmer by Tim Winton

◈ Duets The Turning: Stories
The Turning Stories by Tim Winton

◈ Full Cast Persuasion
Persuasion by Jane Austen

◈ Dramatizations Matilda
Matilda by Roald Dahl

◈ Celebrity Narrator The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Ben Stiller)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber

◈ New-to-Me Narrator Tara Road
Tara Road by Maeve Binchy

◈ Favourite Narrator Devil's Food
Devil's Food (Corinna Chapman, #3) by Kerry Greenwood

◈ Volunteer Narrator Treasure Island
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

◈ Less Than 3 Hours Idiot Pride
Idiot Pride by Matt Zurbo

◈ Between 3 - 5 HoursChocolate Girls
Chocolate Girls by Annie Murray

◈ More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat (Corinna Chapman, #4) by Kerry Greenwood

◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours Mad Dash
Mad Dash by Patricia Gaffney

◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours The Orphan Master's Son
The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours

◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours

◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours

◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours

◈ In-Sync Multimedia A Long Way Down
A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby

◈ Digital Downloads Freebies Earthly Delights
Earthly Delights (Corinna Chapman, #1) by Kerry Greenwood

◈ Doing it “Old School” I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

◈ Planes, Trains, or Automobiles with an Audiobook Life After Life
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

◈ Multitasking! Listening on My Portable Music Player Forbidden Fruit
Forbidden Fruit (Corinna Chapman, #5) by Kerry Greenwood

◈ Audie Award Nominees and Winners Saving Francesca (Audiofile Earphone Award Winner)
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

◈ Recommended by Others At Home: A Short History of Private Life
At Home A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson

◈ BOM via Audiobook We Were Liars
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

◈ Classic Read Peter Pan
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

◈ Re-Read a Favourite

message 20: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Thanks Kristie :)

welcome Melissa, Joanne (oh! first time! this is a good forum to get some recommendations then) and Renee!

message 21: by C. (last edited May 07, 2014 06:43AM) (new)

C. Stuchl Wow, this is great. I'm in. I love audio books. Too bad we didn't start this in Jan.
My first audio is "The Vig" by John Lescroart. It's 9 cds long.

Executive Director:

Option One - Freestyle

◈ 3-5 Hours 30-34.9 Hours (that should cover most of the ones I plan on listening to)

◈ Re-Read a Favorite

◈ In-Sync Multimedia
Use an audible sync option to read-along!

◈ New-to-Me Narrator

◈ Favorite Narrator

◈ Female Narrator

◈ Male Narrator

◈ Duets

◈ Dramatizations
An abridged audiobook with background music/noises. like the “old school” radio plays. Also known as “Performance” audios, if you’re doing a search.

message 22: by Robyn (last edited Sep 08, 2014 06:49AM) (new)

Robyn | 29 comments Option 1
Audio Technician
Completed 5/15

Female Narrator - Burial Rites ✔ 4/21/2014 ***
Male Narrator - Exile ✔ 5/6/2014 ****
Duets - Gone Girl ✔ 5/31/2014 ****
Full Cast - American Gods ✔ 5/23/2014 *****
Dramatizations
Celebrity Narrator - Go the Fuck to Sleep
New-to-Me Narrator - Storm Front✔ 7/8/2014 ****
Favourite Narrator - Fool Moon✔ 7/16/2014 ***
Volunteer Narrator
Less Than 3 Hours
Between 3 - 5 Hours
More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours - Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness✔ 7/2/2014 **
10 Hours to 14.9 Hours - Grave Peril✔ 7/31/2014 ****
15 Hours to 19.9 Hours - The Winter Sea
20 Hours to 24.9 Hours - The Lies of Locke Lamora
25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
30 Hours to 34.9 Hours
35 Hours to 39.9 Hours
40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!
In-Sync Multimedia
Digital Downloads Freebies - Island of the Blue Dolphins✔ 8/29/2014 ***
Doing it “Old School”
Audie Award Nominees and Winners - The Age of Miracles
Recommended by Others - Neverwhere
BOM via Audiobook -
“Buddy Read” via Audiobook
Classic Read
Re-Read a Favourite - A Game of Thrones✔ 6/27/2014 *****

Parade of Covers!
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent Exile by Richard North Patterson American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil Gaiman Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Brain on Fire My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1) by Jim Butcher Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher Grave Peril (The Dresden Files #3) by Jim Butcher Island of the Blue Dolphins (Island of the Blue Dolphins #1) by Scott O'Dell

message 23: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Welcome to the challenge, C & Robyn!

message 24: by Sheila (last edited Jul 13, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Sheila (SheilaJ) | 2709 comments All done! I decided to go with the spell it out portion of this challenge only and call it done. (over extended challenge wise)

ipod photo: ipod ipod.jpg

All About Audiobooks
May 10, 2014 - May 10, 2015

Spell Out

I - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd 7/2 ✔
P - Unlucky 13 (Women’s Murder Club, #13) by James Patterson Unlucky 13 by James Patterson (Women's Murder Club #13) ✔
O - Unspeakable by Kevin O'Brien Unspeakable by Kevin O'Brien
D - Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1) by Michelle Gagnon Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon 7/13 ✔

C -Out Of Range (Joe Pickett, #5) by C.J. Box Out Of Range by C.J. Box (Joe Pickett, #5) 6/25 ✔
L - The Last Girl (Maeve Kerrigan, #3) by Jane Casey The Last Girl by Jane Casey (Maeve Kerrigan #3) 6/20
A -Stranded (Maggie O’Dell, #11) by Alex Kava Stranded by Alex Kava (Maggie O'Dell #11) 6/24 ✔
S - Silenced by Kristina Ohlsson Silenced by Kristina Ohlsson (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht #2) 6/21 ✔
S -State Fair (Benni Harper, #14) by Earlene Fowler State Fair by Earlene Fowler (Benni Harper #14) 7/2 ✔
I - Inferno (CSI Reilly Steel, #2) by Casey Hill Inferno by Casey Hill (Reilly Steel #2) 7/9 ✔
C -Cross and Burn (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #8) by Val McDermid Cross and Burn by Val McDermid (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan #8) 6/21 ✔

message 25: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Welcome to the challenge, Sheila!

message 26: by Tory (new)

Tory (NghtStlkr64) | 171 comments All about audiobooks: A reading via your ears challenge
May 11 2014 - May 11 2015
Option One - Freestyle
Remixer: 6-10 books

◈ Female Narrator
◈ Male Narrator
◈ Duets
◈ Full Cast
◈ Dramatizations
◈ Celebrity Narrator
◈ New-to-Me Narrator
◈ Favourite Narrator
◈ Volunteer Narrator
◈ Less Than 3 Hours
◈ Between 3 - 5 Hours
◈ 10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
◈ 15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
◈ 20 Hours to 24.9 Hours
◈ 25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
◈ 30 Hours to 34.9 Hours
◈ 35 Hours to 39.9 Hours
◈ In-Sync Multimedia
◈ Doing it “Old School”
◈ Recommended by Others
◈ BOM via Audiobook
◈ Classic Read
◈ Re-Read a Favourite

message 27: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Welcome to the challenge, Tory!

message 28: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Robyn wrote: "Option 1
Audio Technician
Completed 2/15
..."

Hi Robyn
How was the audio of Burial Rites by Hannah Kent? I'd like to read it and it seems like a good style of book for audio

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 29 comments @Karen - I loved Burial Rites! The only bad about listening to the audio is trying to keep up with the Icelandic names. After you are half way through it gets easier though. Also I wouldn't recommend listening to it unless you are going to be doing something active. The lady's voice is a soft and soothing and if I hadn't been working I probably would of fallen asleep.

message 30: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15159 comments Update Post #5 = 01/50. I've been in a bit of a reading/listening slump lately, but I'm on the board now!

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy Updated post #11- I've done 3 so far!

message 32: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 15159 comments You're ahead of me, Judy. ☺

Update Post #5 = 02/50.

message 33: by ✿ ♥ Heather ♥ ✿ (last edited Jun 02, 2014 07:30AM) (new)

✿ ♥  Heather ♥ ✿ (frangiegal) | 43 comments I'm going to join in !

Duration: May 2014 to April 2015
Option 1: Freestyle.
Level: Audio Technician: 11-15 books

Completed: 2/11-15

Possible Categories

◈Female Narrator

✔◈Male Narrator Nick Landrum narrating for: Stay Close by Harlan Coben ★★★★ 22/5/14 - great suspense, great differences in voices by the one person

◈Duets
◈Full Cast
◈Dramatizations
◈Celebrity Narrator
◈New-to-Me Narrator
◈Favourite Narrator
◈Volunteer Narrator
◈Less Than 3 Hours
◈Between 3 - 5 Hours
◈More Than 5 Hours to 9.9 Hours
◈10 Hours to 14.9 Hours
◈15 Hours to 19.9 Hours
◈20 Hours to 24.9 Hours
◈25 Hours to 29.9 Hours
◈30 Hours to 34.9 Hours
◈35 Hours to 39.9 Hours
◈40 Hours and Beyond – or a Trilogy!
◈In-Sync Multimedia
◈Digital Downloads Freebies
◈Doing it “Old School”
◈Audie Award Nominees and Winners
◈Recommended by Others
◈BOM via Audiobook
◈“Buddy Read” via Audiobook

✔◈Classic Read Derek Jacobi narrating for: The Time Machine by H.G. Wells ★★★ 2/6/14 - finally read this classic by the grandfather of Science Fiction - narration was ok... but I had to double the speed.

◈Re-Read a Favourite

message 34: by Beth (last edited May 04, 2015 09:23PM) (new)

Beth | 420 comments Remixer - 6 books

May 18, 2014 - May 18, 2015

Digital Downloads Freebies: A Voyage to Arcturus from LibriVox
- read 6/30/2014
Classic: The Wind in the Willows - read 11/29/2014
10-14 hrs - actually 13:Swamplandia! - finished 7/21/2014
New-to-Me Narrator: The Princess Bride finished 1/17/2015
Duet: The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories 1/31/2015
Full Cast Audio: The Oresteia 4/30/2015

message 35: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Welcome to the challenge, Heather & Beth!

message 36: by Denice (last edited May 18, 2014 11:13AM) (new)

Denice | 10 comments I think I will try to freestyle. I'm with you Beth. Starting small and working my way up.

message 37: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Welcome to the challenge, Denice!

message 38: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Robyn wrote: "@Karen - I loved Burial Rites! The only bad about listening to the audio is trying to keep up with the Icelandic names. After you are half way through it gets easier though. Also I wouldn't reco..."

Hmmm. Maybe I'll read it old-school then, or atleast have a copy of the book on hand to refer to. I've had to do that with some other books when the names of characters or places get a bit confusing! Thanks for the heads-up!

message 39: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 29 comments Karen wrote: "Robyn wrote: "@Karen - I loved Burial Rites! The only bad about listening to the audio is trying to keep up with the Icelandic names. After you are half way through it gets easier though. Also I..."

No problem! You could use "Burial Rites" for the In-sync Multimedia task! :)

message 40: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments Nice! *high five*

message 41: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments If anyone is looking for a recommendation, I just finished
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch
and the book was higly entertaining and the audio narration very good
★★★★ (22hrs,3mins)

message 42: by The UHQ Nasanta (last edited May 29, 2014 03:19AM) (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments I love audiobook challenges! My challenge right now is getting myself to read/listen in the first place though. Have been in a slump on and off since early this year.

I'll sign myself up with no start date yet and level TBD. I'll be going with Option 1.

@Karen, what was the book you finished? I'm not seeing anything. Could be one of FF's add-ons but not sure which one...

message 43: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments The UHQ Nasanta wrote: "I love audiobook challenges! My challenge right now is getting myself to read/listen in the first place though. Have been in a slump on and off since early this year.

I'll sign myself up with no s..."

welcome! The book is "The Lies of Locke Lamora" The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (if you are using the Goodreads app, sometimes the book links don't show)

message 44: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Thanks, Karen. I had it in my TBR to check out. I might bump it up into a to-read category now. :)

message 45: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2518 comments Karen wrote: "If anyone is looking for a recommendation, I just finished
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch
and the book was higly entertaining and the audio narration very good
★★★★ (22hrs,3mins)"

I almost bought that from Audible recently when it was included in one of their sales, but ended up not getting it. Now everyone is saying that the audio is great. Such a bummer! I may have to get it with one of my credits after all. Thanks for the recommendation!

message 46: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficianado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 11992 comments I had it on my TBR for ages too The UHQ Nasanta ; then it got picked as one of the books for me to read as part of the TBR Tackler challenge. I'm glad it did!

Well Kristie, maybe they will put it on sale again with any luck!

message 47: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2518 comments The new audie awards have been posted! :)

http://www.audible.com/mt/AA_Winners_...

message 48: by Moderators of NBRC, Madam Hooch (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 25871 comments Thanks, Kristie!

message 49: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 980 comments Updated Post 13~ 12/50

message 50: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2518 comments Wow! Way to go, Nichole!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12