Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 August Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Hera was Queen of the Olympian gods. In the story of the Quest of the Golden Fleece, Hera was a gracious protector of the heroes. Hera had few, if any, redeeming qualities. She never forgot an injury.
★ Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, or by any author with her first or last name.

Fun Facts about Alexandra:
★ Alexandra grew up in the midwest with a love for reading, she was more interested in being an actress on Broadway than being a writer though.
★ She published her first novel in 2000.
★ She primarily writes Romantic Suspense, Paranormal and Erotic Romance. She also writes Historical Romance under the names Deborah Raleigh and Debbie Raleigh.
★ She is a five time RT Book Award Finalist.
★ Alexandra lives in Missouri with her husband and sons.

So you may also read any book set in Missouri. You can also read any book published in 2000, or that is shelved as Paranormal or Romantic Suspense. Or you can read a book by her pseudonyms.

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story.

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover.

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing!

You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Upon completion, please repost your challenge as it helps when updating, plus we all want to see all the pretty books you've read! You may update your original challenge as you go or repost if you choose.

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jul 19, 2018 07:58PM) (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments I'm in for the usual 10!

And no, I'm not planning it out in advance! =P

message 3: by Bookchaser (last edited Aug 01, 2018 01:49AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1874 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

I’m in! And I AM planning ahead. I’m obsessed.

0/10 Completed

01. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.
Atone in Darkness by Alexis Morgan
OR
Anywhere You Are by Elisabeth Barrett
OR
Feels Like the First Time by Marina Adair
02. Olympian Gods and Goddesses ~ HERA: Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.
Just Stop Me by Rosalind James
OR
The Winter King by C.L. Wilson
OR
Only a Duke Will Do by Sabrina Jeffries
03. Featured Author Challenge ~ Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, or by any author with her first or last name.
So you may also read any book set in Missouri. You can also read any book published in 2000, or that is shelved as Paranormal or Romantic Suspense. Or you can read a book by her pseudonyms.
Once a Pirate by Susan Grant
OR
Mail-Order Bride by Sandra Donovan
OR
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
OR
Her Fierce Warrior by Paige Tyler
04. Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

05. National Girlfriends Day (August 1): Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.
Cutting Loose by Susan Andersen
OR
Merry Ex-Mas by Sheila Roberts
06. International Beer Day (August 3): Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.
Hometown Girl by Robin Kaye
OR
Shooter by Dahlia West
OR
Second Time Around by Nancy Herkness
OR
Sawdust and Mistletoe by Michelle Pennington
07. Son and Daughter Day (August 11): Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story.
A Christmas Blessing by Sherryl Woods
OR
A Stone Creek Christmas by Linda Lael Miller
OR
It Had to Be Him by Tamra Baumann
OR
Simply Love by Mary Balogh
OR
Hot & Bothered by Susan Andersen
08. National Honey Bee Awareness Day (August 18): Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover.
Courting Carolina by Janet Chapman
OR
Wildflower Wedding by LuAnn McLane
OR
The Summer Bride by Anne Gracie
09. Women's Equality Day (August 26): Read a book with a strong female character.
The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan
OR
Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
OR
Made for Us by Samantha Chase

XXX Atone in Darkness (The Paladin Strike Team #2) by Alexis Morgan XXX Anywhere You Are (Return to Briarwood, #3) by Elisabeth Barrett XXX Feels Like the First Time (Destiny Bay #2) by Marina Adair XXX Just Stop Me (Escape to New Zealand #9) by Rosalind James XXX The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1) by C.L. Wilson XXX Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries XXX Once a Pirate by Susan Grant XXX Mail-Order Bride by Sandra Donovan XXX Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs XXX Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops, #4) by Paige Tyler XXX Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries, #1) by Susan Andersen XXX Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2) by Sheila Roberts XXX Hometown Girl (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #0.5) by Robin Kaye XXX Shooter (Burnout, #1) by Dahlia West XXX Second Time Around (Second Glances, #1) by Nancy Herkness XXX Sawdust and Mistletoe by Michelle Pennington XXX A Christmas Blessing by Sherryl Woods XXX A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4) by Linda Lael Miller XXX It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1) by Tamra Baumann XXX Simply Love (Simply Quartet #2) by Mary Balogh XXX Hot & Bothered (Marine # 3) by Susan Andersen XXX Courting Carolina (Spellbound Falls, #3) by Janet Chapman XXX Wildflower Wedding (Cricket Creek #6) by Luann McLane XXX The Summer Bride (Chance Sisters, #4) by Anne Gracie XXX The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2) by Courtney Milan XXX Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1) by Victoria Dahl XXX Made for Us (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #1) by Samantha Chase XXX

message 4: by Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (last edited Aug 22, 2018 12:24AM) (new)

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 918 comments ~August Monthly Challenge~
FINISHED 8/17

Challenges Completed: 6/6

1. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: (Romantic Suspense)
Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski (8/13) ★★★★★
Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

2.August is Admit You're Happy Month: (Read a book that leaves a smile on your face)
Roomies by Christina Lauren (8/3) ★★★★
Roomies by Christina Lauren

3.International Beer Day - August 3: (Characters who drink beer)
Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen (8/16) ★★★
Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2) by Sarina Bowen

4. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: (Young Adult genre)
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (8/2) ★★★
The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

5. Women’s Equality Day - August 26
LONG SHOT by Kennedy Ryan (8/17) ★★★★★
LONG SHOT (A HOOPS Novel) by Kennedy Ryan

6.Reader's Choice:
Pure Healing by Aja James (8/8) ★★★
Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1) by Aja James

message 5: by Michaele (last edited Aug 23, 2018 11:30AM) (new)

Michaele | 4180 comments Finished!

10/10

2018 August Monthly Challenge

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'. Freckles, Amy Lane, 8/6

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses -
★ Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man. Royally Screwed, Emma Chase, 8/6

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, You can also read any book shelved as or Romantic Suspense. Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti, Bailey Cates, 8/7

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face. Going Up, Amy Lane, 8/1

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story. A Little Bit of Spice, Georgia Beers, 8/2

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book featuring blue collar workers. There's This Guy, Rhys Ford, 8/7

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story. Boy Toy, Sarina Bowen 8/23

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book with flowers on the cover. From This Day Forward, Lauren Layne, 8/20

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character. Jed Had to Die, Tara Sivec, 8/3

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing! A Note in the Margin, Isabelle Rowan, 8/4

Freckles by Amy Lane Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #2) by Bailey Cates Going Up by Amy Lane A Little Bit of Spice by Georgia Beers There's This Guy by Rhys Ford Boy Toy (Man Hands, #3) by Sarina Bowen From This Day Forward (The Wedding Belles, #0.5) by Lauren Layne Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec A Note in the Margin (A Note in the Margin, #1) by Isabelle Rowan

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments Bookchaser wrote: "I’m in! And I AM planning ahead. I’m obsessed."

LOL!

message 7: by Georgina (last edited Aug 11, 2018 01:38AM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 257 comments Read 10/10

1. 'A' is for August. Read a book that starts with 'A':
The Arrangement 4/8

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA. Read a book that has a vengeful character: Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel 1/8

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy. Read a book that is shelved as Paranormal: Angels' Blood 9/8

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month. Read a book that leaves a smile on your face: Tapping Her 11/8

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story: Fight to the Finish 10/8

6. International Beer Day - August 3. Read a book with characters who drink beer/has scenes in a bar: Faking It 9/8

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11. Read a book with children in the story: The Highlander 7/8

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18. Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover: Wilde in Love 6/8

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26. Read a book with a strong female character: The Darkest Warrior 4/8

10. Reader's Choice. Read any book of your choosing: Take Me 2/8

The Arrangement (The Survivors' Club, #2) by Mary Balogh Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4) by Lorraine Heath Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5) by Max Monroe Fight to the Finish (First to Fight, #3) by Jeanette Murray Faking It (Metropolis, #1) by Riley Hart The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3) by Kerrigan Byrne Wilde in Love (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #1) by Eloisa James The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14) by Gena Showalter Take Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #3) by Olivia Cunning

message 8: by Chiara (last edited Aug 26, 2018 03:09AM) (new)

Chiara | 667 comments 7/10 READ [☆ ½ ❌]

1. 'A' is for August: See Through Heart by Amie Knight 08/19 ☆☆☆☆☆

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Royally Screwed by Emma Chase 08/05 ☆☆☆

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Unfixable by Tessa Bailey 08/25 ☆☆☆

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Beautiful Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren 08/12 ☆☆☆☆

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Somebody Else's Sky by Jessica Hawkins 08/02 ☆☆☆☆☆

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: One Small Thing by Erin Watt

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Drumline by Stacy Kestwick 08/17 ☆☆☆

10. Reader's Choice: The Chase by Elle Kennedy 08/11 ☆☆☆☆

See Through Heart by Amie Knight Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Unfixable by Tessa Bailey Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2) by Kimberly Lauren Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2) by Jessica Hawkins Drumline by Stacy Kestwick The Chase (Briar U, #1) by Elle Kennedy

message 9: by Nicole (last edited Aug 16, 2018 11:08AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

10/10 completed

✓ 'A' is for August: Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick (12/08) ★★★

✓ Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata (05/08) ★★

✓ Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Dark Witch by Nora Roberts (07/08) ★★★

✓ August is Admit You're Happy Month: Tangled by Emma Chase (05/08) ★★★

✓ National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Butterface by Avery Flynn (09/08) ★★★★

✓ International Beer Day - August 3: Cashmere and Camo by Erin Nicholas (02/08) ★★★

✓ Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G. (02/08) ★★★

✓ National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Timeless Honor by Amber Daulton (12/08) ★★★

✓ Women's Equality Day - August 26: Viable Threat by Julie Rowe (01/08) ★★★

✓ Reader's Choice: Bring on the Heat by Katie Rose (02/08) ★★★

Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata Dark Witch (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase Butterface (The Hartigans, #1) by Avery Flynn Cashmere and Camo (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #3) by Erin Nicholas Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. Timeless Honor (Mirrors of Time Book 3) by Amber Daulton Viable Threat (Outbreak Task Force, #1) by Julie Rowe Bring on the Heat (The Boys of Summer, #1) by Katie Rose

message 10: by Sandra (last edited Aug 20, 2018 04:43PM) (new)

Sandra | 712 comments I'M IN!

1. 'A' is for August - Anything for Love - Melissa Foster - 10 AUG
2. royalty - Temporarily His Princess - Olivia Gates - 7 AUG
3. Romantic Suspense - Hot as Sin - Bella Andre - 17 AUG
4. leaves a smile on your face - Every Time We Fall In Love - Bella Andre - 3 AUG
5. girlfriends as part of the story - Caramel Creme Killer - Summer Prescott - 20 AUG
6. blue collar worker - Wild Heat - Bella Andre (Fireman) - 15 AUG
7. tagged as NA - Body Games - Jessica Clare - 3 AUG
8. flowers on the cover - The Wedding - Debra Webb - 19 AUG
9. strong female character - Dark in Death - J.D. Robb - 16 AUG
10. Reader's Choice - Dangerous Ground - M.R. Rutter - 10 AUG

Anything for Love (The Bradens & Montgomerys Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls , #2) by Melissa Foster Temporarily His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #1) by Olivia Gates Hot as Sin (Hot Shots Men of Fire, #2) by Bella Andre Every Time We Fall In Love (The Sullivans, #18) by Bella Andre Caramel Creme Killer (INNcredibly Sweet #3) by Summer Prescott Wild Heat (Hot Shots Men of Fire, #1) by Bella Andre Body Games (Games, #5) by Jessica Clare The Wedding (Faces of Evil, #10.5) by Debra Webb Dark in Death (In Death, #46) by J.D. Robb Dangerous Ground by M.R. Rutter

message 11: by Kristen (last edited Aug 22, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) | 859 comments yayyyy! i enjoy choosing the books for this monthly challenge a little too much.

Progress 10/10

✔️ 1. Read a book that starts with 'A' - Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis - August 21 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 2. Read a book with a jealous or vengeful character - Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah Maclean - August 8 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 3. Read a book shelved as Paranormal - Darkest Heart by Juliette Cross - August 6 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 4. Read a book that leaves a smile on your face - Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey - August 2 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 5. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story - The Trouble with Love by Lauren Layne - August 17 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 6. Read a book featuring blue collar workers - Man Hands by Sarina Bowen - August 15 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 7. Read a book tagged as NA - Bright Side by Kim Holden - August 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 8. Read a book with flowers on the cover - Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas - August 6 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 9. Read a book with a strong female character - Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - August 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing - A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole - August 13 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8) by Jill Shalvis Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1) by Sarah MacLean Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1) by Juliette Cross Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey Man Hands (Man Hands, #1) by Sarina Bowen Bright Side (Bright Side, #1) by Kim Holden Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4) by Lisa Kleypas The Trouble with Love (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4) by Lauren Layne Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1) by Grace Draven A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2) by Alyssa Cole

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 712 comments MountainKat wrote: "I'm in for the usual 10!

And no, I'm not planning it out in advance! =P"

I am planning ahead. Ya gotta have a plan!!

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) | 859 comments Sandra wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I'm in for the usual 10!

I am planning ahead. Ya gotta have a plan!!"

planning is my favourite part!

message 14: by Connie N. (last edited Sep 15, 2018 03:19PM) (new)

Connie N. | 1046 comments I'll go for 10 and see how many I can get.

Timeframe: 8/1/18 to 8/31/18
10/10

1. 'A' is for August - Author's first or last name starts with A - Author Kristen Ashley - Rock Chick Reckoning - 8/28/18 ♥♥♥♥♥
Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6) by Kristen Ashley

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses – HERA - Jealous or vengeful character - When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy - 8/31/18 ♥♥♥
When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy
There are a number of evil characters who are jealous of Abby’s being chosen to be The Chalice.

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy - Set in Missouri - Start Me Up by Nicole Michaels - 8/16/18 ♥♥♥
Start Me Up (Hearts and Crafts, #1) by Nicole Michaels

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month - Leaves a smile on your face - Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb - 8/7/18 ♥♥♥♥♥
Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb
A 5-star read always leaves a smile!

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1 - Features girlfriends as part of the story - How Forever Feels by Laura Drewry - 8/10/18 ♥♥♥
How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4) by Laura Drewry

6. International Beer Day - August 3 - Characters drink beer – Murder Off the Beaten Path by M.L. Rowland - 8/11/18 ♥♥♥♥ – Page 259 “On the opposite side of the campfire, a loose cluster of teenagers talked and laughed, some standing, some sitting on log seats, a couple dancing. One or two held cans of beer. Others plastic glasses of what Gracie presumed was alcohol of some kind.”
Murder Off the Beaten Path (Search and Rescue Mystery #2) by M.L. Rowland

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11 - Tagged as YA, NA or a children's book - Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk by Carolyn Keene - 8/2/18 ♥♥♥♥
Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #17) by Carolyn Keene
76 readers tagged as YA, 62 readers tagged as childrens

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18 - Flowers on the cover - The Pleasure Quartet: Autumn by Vina Jackson - 8/24/18 ♥♥♥♥
The Pleasure Quartet Autumn by Vina Jackson

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26 - Strong female character - Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - 8/15/18 ♥♥♥♥
Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7) by Jeaniene Frost

10. Reader's Choice - Any book - Pretty in Ink by Karen E. Olson - 8/8/18 ♥♥♥♥
Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2) by Karen E. Olson

*****CHALLENGE COMPLETE 8/31/18*****

message 15: by Mariana (last edited Sep 02, 2018 03:59PM) (new)

Mariana (lyqrycy) | 548 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge
10/10 COMPLETED

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover, read 08/29, 5 stars

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Read a book where a woman protects her man
The King of Bourbon Street (NOLA Nights, #1) by Thea de Salle by Thea de Salle, read 08/13, 2 stars

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy:Read a book that is shelved as Romantic Suspense
Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard-McKenna, #1) by Julie Garwood by Julie Garwood, read 08/26, 4 stars

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery by Susan Mallery, read 08/25, 3 stars

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story
Dungeon Crawl (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #8) by Annie Bellet by Annie Bellet, read 08/27, 3 stars

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with scenes in a bar
Switched by N.R. Walker by N.R. Walker, read 08/01, 3.5 stars

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book with a child or children in the story
Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1) by Karen Rose by Karen Rose, read 08/31, 2 stars

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover
Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1) by Cara Elliott by Cara Elliott, read 08/15, 3 stars

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne by Sally Thorne, read 08/05, 5 stars

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing
A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3) by Karin Slaughter by Karin Slaughter, read 08/12, 4 stars

message 16: by Erin (last edited Aug 28, 2018 06:18AM) (new)

Erin **Coffee and Book Addict** (coffeebookaddict) | 48 comments In!

9/10

✔ 1. Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

Accidentally Married to the Billionaire - Part 1 8/6/18

✔ 2. Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

Throne of Glass 8/16/18

3. Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, or by any author with her first or last name. You may also read any book set in Missouri. You can also read any book published in 2000, or that is shelved as Paranormal or Romantic Suspense. Or you can read a book by her pseudonyms.

All Together Dead

✔ 4. Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

Inner Harbor 8/8/18

✔ 5. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.

Her Name in the Sky 8/23/18

✔ 6. Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.

Pull Me Close 8/10/18

✔ 7. Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story.

A Wind in the Door 8/10/18

✔ 8. Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover.

Billionaire on the Loose 8/27/18

✔ 9. Read a book with a strong female character.

In Flight 8/3/18

✔ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing!

The Boss 8/17/18

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 712 comments Kristen wrote: "Sandra wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I'm in for the usual 10!

planning is my favourite part!"

Me too!

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie | 755 comments August 2018 Challenge
1/8/18 – 31/8/18
0/10

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Hera was Queen of the Olympian gods. In the story of the Quest of the Golden Fleece, Hera was a gracious protector of the heroes. Hera had few, if any, redeeming qualities. She never forgot an injury.
★ Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, or by any author with her first or last name.
★ Alexandra grew up in the midwest with a love for reading, she was more interested in being an actress on Broadway than being a writer though.
★ She primarily writes Romantic Suspense, Paranormal and Erotic Romance. She also writes Historical Romance under the names Deborah Raleigh and Debbie Raleigh.

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story.

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover.

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1079 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

message 20: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments Sandra wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I'm in for the usual 10!

Sandra wrote: I am planning ahead. Ya gotta have a plan!!"

Kristen wrote: planning is my favourite part!

Sandra wrote: Me too!

I'm more of a 'fly by the seat of my pants' and of girl!

(With challenges only, in real life - I'm a planner! I guess you have to go a little wild somewhere!)

message 21: by Sonja (last edited Jul 30, 2018 12:58PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1059 comments In for 6!
1. 'A' is for August:
Written in Red by Anne Bishop OR
The Highland Chieftain by Amy Jarecki

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA:
No Longer a Gentleman (rescues/protects her man)

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy:
Run the Risk (romantic suspense)

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month:
Nerd in Shining Armor :)

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1:
Buns (girlfriends)

6. International Beer Day - August 3:
Close to You (bar)

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11:
Practical Magic (children in story) OR
On the Island (NA)

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18:
Beauty and the Mustache (MC is a park ranger)

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26:
Violet (yay strong women!)
Taking a Shot (yay strong women!)

Sleeping Beauty, The Ones Who Got Away, Bridget Jones's Diary
Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop / The Highland Chieftain (Lords of the Highlands, #4) by Amy Jarecki , No Longer a Gentleman (Lost Lords, #4) by Mary Jo Putney , Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1) by Lori Foster , Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson , Buns (Hudson Valley, #3) by Alice Clayton , Close to You (Fusion, #2) by Kristen Proby , Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman /
On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves , Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4) by Penny Reid , Violet (The Flower Trilogy, #1) by Lauren Royal / Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton , Sleeping Beauty by Judith Ivory , The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1) by Roni Loren , Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding

message 22: by Jujubee (last edited Aug 25, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 216 comments My spot! How did it get to be August already!?! Stats 10/10

More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters, #2) by Anna Bradley 1. "A" is for August: Anna Bradley More or Less a Countess (The Somersert Sisters 02) • Read 08/05/18 4.5*
The King's Man (Welsh Blades #1) by Elizabeth Kingston 2. HERA: This one hits ALL the buttons! The King's Man (Welsh Blades 01) Elizabeth Kingston • Read 08/07/18 5*
Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat, #1-2) by Alexandra Ivy 3. FAC - Alexandra Ivy: Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat 1-2)•Read 08/25/18 4*
Over the Edge (The Edge, #4) by C.D. Reiss 4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Over the Edge (The Edge 04) CD Reiss • Read 08/20/18 5*
Haven (Relentless #5) by Karen Lynch 5. National Girlfriends Day: Haven (Relentless 05) Karen Lynch • Read 08/12/18 5*
Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott 6. International Beer Day: Tinfoil Heart Daisy Prescott
• Read 08/23/18 4*
Restoration of Faith (The Dresden Files, #0.2) by Jim Butcher 7. Son and Daughter Day: Child in the story Restoration of Faith (The Dresden Files 0.2) Jim Butcher • Read 08/08/18 4*
Someone Else's Ocean by Kate Stewart 8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day: Someone Else's Ocean Kate Stewart • Read 08/14/18 5*
Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2) by Angela Marsons 9. Women's Equality Day: Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone 02) Angela Marsons • Read 08/17/18 5*
The Lass Initiated the Laird - Erotic Novella (Explosive Highlander 3.5) by Lisa Torquay 10. Reader's Should-Have-Made-A-Better Choice: The Lass Initiated the Laird - Erotic Novella (Explosive Highlander 3.5) Lisa Torquay • Read 08/09/18 2*

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Kegler | 14 comments I'm in! I have not planned what I want to read yet though.

message 24: by Christine (last edited Aug 26, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

Christine (KizzieReads) (kizzie48) | 106 comments I'm in!

...8/10

1. 'A' is for August: Act One, Scene One-Murder by A.H. Richardson August 19, 3 stars

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Thyme of Death by Susan Wittig Albert August 10, 3 stars

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy August 26, 3 stars

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson August 11, 4 stars

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: The Winter Bride by Anne Gracie August 10, 5 stars

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket August 8, 5 stars

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: The Heir by Kiera Cass August 16, 4 stars

10. Reader's Choice: Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay August 14, 3 stars

Act One, Scene One-Murder by A.H. Richardson Thyme of Death (China Bayles, #1) by Susan Wittig Albert When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson The Winter Bride (Chance Sisters, #2) by Anne Gracie [6] The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8) by Lemony Snicket [8] The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (scoutmomskf) | 1672 comments I'm in for all ten.

message 26: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 31, 2018 08:39PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments August Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/8

✔ 1. 'A' is for August: Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.
A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet 8/3

✔ 2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Read a book that has royalty
Death Doesn't Bargain - Sherrilyn Kenyon (prince) 8/30

✔ 3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by any author with her first or last name.
A Knight and White Satin - Jackie Ivie 8/17

✔ 4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.
Bone Deep - Bonnie Dee 8/24

✔ 5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.
Sugar Rush - Donna Kauffman 8/23

✔ 6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer.
Shadow's Return - S.C. Wynne 8/25

✔ 7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA
Jinx - Meg Cabot 8/12

✔ 8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Read a book where nature is part of the story.
The Otter of Death - Betty Webb 8/15

✔ 9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character.
Shaded Vision - Yasmine Galenorn 8/11

✔ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing
Dark Tournament - Elisa S. Amore 8/8

A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon A Knight and White Satin (Knights, #6) by Jackie Ivie Bone Deep by Bonnie Dee Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club #1) by Donna Kauffman Shadow's Return (Psychic Detective Mysteries #2) by S.C. Wynne Jinx by Meg Cabot The Otter of Death (Gunn Zoo Mystery #5) by Betty Webb Shaded Vision (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #11) by Yasmine Galenorn Dark Tournament by Elisa S. Amore

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 27: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments Jujubee wrote: "My spot! How did it get to be August already!?!"

Right?!

message 28: by Krissy (last edited Aug 17, 2018 11:56AM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments KRISSY'S SPOT

10/10 Completed

01. A Title: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things, 8/07 ★★★★
02. Royalty MC: The Solstice Prince, 8/16 ★★★
03. Pnr: The Werewolf Meets His Match, 8/12 ★★
04. Happy: Femme, 8/07 ★★★★
05. Girlfriends: Sparrow, 8/03 ★★★★
06. Drink Beer: Victim Zero, 8/07 ★★★
07. YA: Bridge to Terabithia, 8/06 ★★★
08. Flowers on Cover: Chasing Love, 8/04 ★★★
09. Strong Female MC: A Fistful of Charms, 8/06 ★★★
10. Bonus: The Year of Living Scandalously, 8/02 ★★★

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood The Solstice Prince (Realms of Love, #1) by S.J. Himes The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls, #2) by Kristen Painter Femme by Marshall Thornton Sparrow by L.J. Shen Victim Zero by Joshua Guess Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson Chasing Love (Omegas' Love #1) by Mina Quin A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison The Year of Living Scandalously (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1) by Julia London

message 29: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 712 comments MountainKat wrote: "Sandra wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I'm in for the usual 10!

Sandra wrote: I am planning ahead. Ya got..."

Unfortunately I'm the opposite. My reading challenges is about the only thing that is organised!!

message 30: by ~Teresa (last edited Aug 31, 2018 02:20PM) (new)

~Teresa | 329 comments Count me in! Seven or eight is usually what I can commit to, so think I’ll stick with it. I’ll post when I’m not on my darn phone!

August Monthly Challenge
8/8

✔️1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A' ~ Shattered ~ 8/22/18

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses ~ Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

✔️3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy, or by any author with her first or last name ~ Kill Without Mercy ~ 8/3/18

✔️4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face ~ How to Keep a Secret ~ 8/13/18

✔️5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story ~ Harmony House ~ 8/11/18

✔️6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers ~ Murder in the River City ~ 8/4 ~ Murder in a bar!

✔️7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story ~ Hear No Lies ~ 8/30/18

✔️9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character ~ Where Are You Now? ~ 8/9/18

✔️10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing ~ The Girl in the Ice ~ 8/ /18

Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Murder in the River City by Allison Brennan Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark Shattered (Max Revere, #4) by Allison Brennan The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1) by Robert Bryndza Harmony House (Home Sweet Home Book 1) by Ruth Hay How to Keep a Secret by Sarah Morgan Hear No Lies (Lucy Kendall, #0.5) by Stacy Green

message 31: by Mamacita aka MawMaw (last edited Jul 22, 2018 09:38AM) (new)

Mamacita aka MawMaw  (mamawantsbedtimestory) | 766 comments Gonna try to jump back in in Aug since June & July was a wash for me.

August Monthly Challenge

1. 'A' is for August
- Book or author's first/last name starts with 'A'.

2. HERA -
★ Book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

3. FAC Alexandra Ivy - FAC or author with her first or last name.

4. Admit You're Happy Month - Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

5. National Girlfriends Day - Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.

6. International Beer Day - Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.

7. Son and Daughter Day - Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story.

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover.

9. Women's Equality Day - Read a book with a strong female character.

10. Reader's Choice Read any book of your choosing!

message 32: by Beatriz (last edited Aug 29, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

Beatriz (beatriz_felicio) | 1 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

5/8

✔ 1. Read a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A': Marrying a Cowboy by Anne-Marie Meyer 08/13 ✩✩✩✩

✔ 2. Read a book that has royalty:Marrying a Prince by Anne-Marie Meyer 08/04 ✩✩✩✩

3. Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy: Pretend You're Safe by Alexandra Ivy

5. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story: At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec

✔ 6. Read a book featuring blue collar workers: Make-Believe Wedding: Clean Inspirational Romance by Vivi Holt 08/17 ✩✩✩

✔ 7. Read a book tagged as NA: The Deal by Elle Kennedy 08/09 ✩✩✩✩

8. Read a book with flowers on the cover: Louisiana Longshot by Jana Deleon

✔ 10. Read any book of your choosing: One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance 08/22 ✩✩✩✩

Marrying a Cowboy (A Fake Marriage Series Book 1) by Anne-Marie Meyer Marrying a Prince (A Fake Marriage Series Book 4) by Anne-Marie Meyer Pretend You're Safe (The Agency, #1) by Alexandra Ivy At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1) by Tara Sivec Make-Believe Wedding Clean Inspirational Romance (Make-Believe Series Book 2) by Vivi Holt The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon One Sexy Mistake (Chase Brothers, #5) by Sarah Ballance

message 33: by Amanda A (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:40PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge
Completed: 10/10

1. 'A' is for August: Slow Dance in Purgatory by Amy Harmon 8/10
2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Royal Scandal by Marquita Valentine 8/26
3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb 8/1
4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Butterface by Avery Flynn 8/29
5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber 8/28
6. International Beer Day - August 3: Her Kind of Trouble by Sarah Mayberry 8/16
7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: The Last by Katherine Applegate 8/5
8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Summer by Edith Wharton 8/3
9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Rogue Royalty by Meghan March 8/19
10. Reader's Choice: Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas 8/2

Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1) by Amy Harmon Royal Scandal (Royals in Exile, #1) by Marquita Valentine Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Butterface (The Hartigans #1) by Avery Flynn Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber Her Kind of Trouble by Sarah Mayberry The Last by Katherine Applegate Summer by Edith Wharton Rogue Royalty (Savage Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 34: by Irina (last edited Jul 24, 2018 05:17AM) (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 504 comments AUGUST MONTHLY CHALLENGE
READ: 0 OUT OF 8

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

Royally Matched by Emma Chase

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: So you may also read any book set in Missouri. You can also read any book published in 2000, or that is shelved as Paranormal or Romantic Suspense. Or you can read a book by her pseudonyms.
Real Men Howl by Celia Kyle

Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story. SKIP

His Risk to Take by Christina Lauren

Family Ties by Stephie Walls

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover. SKIP

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character. TBD

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Royally Matched (Royally, #2) by Emma Chase Real Men Howl (Real Men Shift, #1) by Celia Kyle Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2) by Christina Lauren His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) by Tessa Bailey Family Ties by Stephie Walls

message 35: by Andrea (last edited Aug 23, 2018 10:26AM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments I'm in.

7/10

1. 'A' is for August: - Cask Strength - Aug9 - 2* (Agents Irish and Whiskey series)

2. Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man.

3. Featured Author Challenge - Read a book that is shelved as Paranormal - Night of the Living Manny - Aug12 - 5*

4. Read a book that leaves a smile on your face - Finders Keepers - Aug15 - 5*

5. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story. - Tartan Candy - Aug5 - 5*

6. International Beer Day - read a book with scenes in a bar - A Bear Walks into a Bar - Aug11 - 2*

7. Son and Daughter Day - read a book with a child or children in the story - David's Selfie - Aug10 - 4*

8. Read a book where nature is part of the story - Tidal Change - Aug8 - 3*

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing

message 36: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 15, 2018 06:48AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2052 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
Duration:
8/1/2018 - 8/31/2018

Progress: 6 out of 10

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A':
A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline - **** - 8/6/2018 - 309 Pages

★ Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man:
Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen - *** - 8/3/2018 - 404 Pages - Jealous Vengeful Character

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy:
When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy - *** - 8/9/2018 - 359 Pages

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story:
First Girl Scout: The Life of Juliette Gordon Low by Ginger Wadsworth - ***** - 8/2/2018 - 224 Pages - Children's Book

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover:
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman - ***** - 8/13/2018 - 368 Pages - Nature Part of the Story

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character:
Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin - **** - 8/6/2018 - 304 Pages

First Girl Scout The Life of Juliette Gordon Low by Ginger Wadsworth Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Upon completion, please repost your challenge as it helps when updating, plus we all want to see all the pretty books you've read! You may update your original challenge as you go or repost if you choose.

Happy Reading!!

message 37: by Emerson (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 157 comments 1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

message 38: by Karen ♐ (last edited Sep 03, 2018 09:08PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1278 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'. - Attainment K.M. Golland - 8/11
Attainment (Temptation, #3.5) by K.M. Golland

★ Read a book that has a vengeful character
- Fat Tuesday Sandra Brown - 8/27
Fat Tuesday by Sandra Brown

- Pub 2000 - The Cowboy Joan Johnston - 8/2
The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1) by Joan Johnston

4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face. - Dirty-Talking Cowboy Stacey Kennedy - 8/16
Dirty-Talking Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #1) by Stacey Kennedy

5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story. - Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2
Satisfaction (Temptation, #2) by K.M. Golland

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer. - Slow Heat in Heaven Sandra Brown - 8/4
Slow Heat in Heaven by Sandra Brown

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. - Ugly Love Colleen Hoover - 8/14
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story - On the Island Tracey Garvis-Graves - 8/22
On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis Graves

9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character. - Ruthless Lexi Blake - 8/8
Ruthless (Lawless, #1) by Lexi Blake

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing! - Unleashed Cherrie Lynn - 8/2
Unleashed (Ross Siblings, #1) by Cherrie Lynn

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• | 490 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge

Completed 10/10

✔️1. 'A' is for August: Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A'.

At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5) by Jill Shalvis At Last by Jill Shalvis - 03/08/2018

✔️2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Hera was Queen of the Olympian gods. In the story of the Quest of the Golden Fleece, Hera was a gracious protector of the heroes. Hera had few, if any, redeeming qualities. She never forgot an injury.
★ Read a book that has royalty

Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1) by S.E. Smith Abducting Abby by S.E. Smith - 06/08/2018

✔️3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book that is shelved as Paranormal

Ambushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #4) by S.E. Smith Ambushing Ariel by S.E. Smith - 12/08/2018

✔️4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Read a book that leaves a smile on your face.

Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis - 02/08/2018

✔️5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story.

Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8) by Jill Shalvis Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis - 05/08/2018

✔️6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with scenes in a bar

The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis - 01/08/2018

✔️7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book with a child or children in the story.

Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9) by Jill Shalvis Once in a Lifetime by Jill Shalvis - 05/08/2018

✔️8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book with flowers on the cover.

It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis - 04/08/2018

✔️9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Read a book with a strong female character.

Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3) by S.E. Smith Tracking Trisha by S.E. Smith - 11/08/2018

✔️10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing!

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6) by Jill Shalvis Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis - 04/08/2018

message 40: by Kesha (last edited Aug 29, 2018 06:42PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge
Read: 10/10 August 29, 2018!!!

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book whose author's first name starts with 'A'.
A Duke by Default - Alyssa Cole 8-22-18

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: Read a book that has royalty.
Wanted: A Wife for the Sheikh - Diana Fraser 8-28-18

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book that is shelved as Paranormal.
A Taste of Shifter Geekdom - Annie Nicholas 8-29-18

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride - Kristen Painter 8-7-18

Sugar Rush - Tracey Ward 8-26-18

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book set in a bar.
His Obsession - M.S. Parker 8-23-18

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book with a child in the story.
Texas on My Mind - Delores Fossen 8-2-18

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Read a book with flowers on the cover.
No Man's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #1) by Shana Galen No Man's Bride - Shana Galen 8-1-18

Any Man I Want - Michele Grant 8-25-18

Heart of a Texan - Charlene Sands 8-23-18

message 41: by Tina (last edited Aug 25, 2018 03:07PM) (new)

Tina (whitley97) | 232 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge
Read 3/10

6. International Beer Day - August 3:
Read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar workers.
Wicked Need (The Wicked Horse, #3) by Sawyer Bennett 8/7/18
Wicked Bond (The Wicked Horse, #5) by Sawyer Bennett 8/25/18

Wicked Ride (The Wicked Horse, #4) by Sawyer Bennett 8/16/18

message 42: by Deanna (last edited Aug 24, 2018 08:30AM) (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments 10/10

Tap Left by A. Zavarelli Tap Left by A. Zavarelli - 8/1/18

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - Hera: Read a book that has royalty.

The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang - 8/17/18

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book that is shelved as Paranormal.

Spells & Death (Paranormal MI5 #1) by Rachel Medhurst Spells & Death by Rachel Medhurst - 8/12/18

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh - 8/19/18

Undisclosed Desire by Linnea May Undisclosed Desire by Linnea May - 8/4/18

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with scenes in a bar.

My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent My Boyfriend's Dad by Amy Brent - 8/2/18

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book tagged as YA or read a book with a child or children in the story.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - 8/23/18

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Read a book where nature is part of the story.

Goldie's Surrender An Adult Fairy Tale by Felicity Brandon Goldie's Surrender: An Adult Fairy Tale by Felicity Brandon - 8/9/18

Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Wildfire by Ilona Andrews - 8/17/18

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing.

Violent Delights (Violent, #1) by Linnea May Violent Delights by Linnea May - 8/3/18

message 43: by JoAnne (last edited Aug 14, 2018 05:54AM) (new)

JoAnne | 1062 comments RRRC 2018 August Monthly Challenge
Read: 10/10

1. 'A' is for August: Read a book whose author's last name starts with 'A'.
Mulberry Moon Catherine Anderson 8/5/18

2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA:
★ Read a book that has a jealous or vengeful character.
The Perfect Couple Elin Hilderbrand 8/2/18

3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Alexandra Ivy.
Born in Blood Alexandra Ivy 8/10/18

When We Found Home Susan Mallery 8/11/18

Kiss Me, Kill Me Allison Brennan 8/2/18

6. International Beer Day - August 3: Read a book with characters who drink beer.
One Night of Trouble Elle Kennedy 8/4/18

7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Read a book with a child or children in the story.
Without a Trace Colleen Coble 8/6/18

8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Because we all need to be aware of honey bees! Read a book where nature is part of the story.
Honey is the town's product and livelihood. Lucky Charmed Sharla Lovelace 8/9/18

Easy Nights Kristen Proby 8/4/18

The Harder You Fall Gena Showalter 8/3/18

message 44: by Diane (last edited Aug 21, 2018 06:38PM) (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 419 comments 10/10

Finished 8/21

1. Read a book that starts with 'A' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'A': Aftercare by Tanya Chris - 8/4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man: Worth Keeping by Susan Mac Nicol - 8/4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. Read any book that is marked Paranormal or Romantic Suspense: Death Days by Lia Cooper - 8/2 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. Read a book that leaves a smile on your face: Wake Up Call by J.L. Merrow - 8/5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story: Falling by Cameron Dane - 8/21 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
6. Read a book with characters who drink beer. Or read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar or a book featuring blue collar worker: Hudson's Luck by Lucy Lennox - 8/1 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
7. Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book. Or read a book with a child or children in the story: The Omega's Dance by Susi Hawke - 8/12 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
8. Read a book where nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover: Bone Dry by Kim Fielding - 8/7 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
9. Read a book with a strong female character: Serpentine by Laurell K. Hamilton - 8/10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2
10. Reader's Choice: One Bullet by Casey Wolfe - 8/9 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

message 45: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 235 comments I'm in too

message 46: by Elaine (last edited Aug 05, 2018 05:56AM) (new)

Elaine | 235 comments August Monthly Challenge - 2018

Read 7/7

1. 'A' is for August - A Duke in the Night Kelly Bowen 3☆ 1/8/18
2. Royalty - Three Weeks with a Princess Vanessa Kelly 4☆ 4/8/18
3. Alexandra Ivy - Seducing the Viscount Debbie Raleigh/Alexandra Ivy 3☆ 3/8/18
4. Leaves a smile on your face - Someone to Care Mary Balogh 5☆ 2/8/18
8. Flowers on the cover - A Devil of a Duke Madeline Hunter 3☆ 3/8/18
9. Strong female character - Blame It on the Duke Lenora Bell 5☆ 5/8/18
10. Reader's Choice - The Earl's Encounter Wendy Vella 4☆ 1/8/18

A Duke in the Night (The Devils of Dover, #1) by Kelly Bowen Three Weeks with a Princess (The Improper Princesses #2) by Vanessa Kelly Seducing the Viscount (Illegitimate Bachelor) by Deborah Raleigh Someone to Care (Westcott #4) by Mary Balogh A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2) by Madeline Hunter Blame It on the Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes, #3) by Lenora Bell The Earl's Encounter (Regency Rendezvous, #7) by Wendy Vella

message 47: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Aug 29, 2018 11:10AM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 929 comments August Monthly Challenge
Duration: 1 -31 August

Read: 9/10

1. Starts with A The Wolf at the Door by Charlie Adhara 8/4
2. Royalty, a jealous or vengeful character or one where a woman protects her man. A Wish Upon the Stars 8/12
3. Shelved as Paranormal or Romantic Suspense. Don't Close Your Eyes 8/28
4. Smile on your face. The Pill Bugs of Time 8/27
5. Features girlfriends
6. Characters who drink beer or featuring blue collar workers. Strong Enough 8/27
7. Tagged as YA, NA or with a child or children in the story. Texas Fall 8/12
8. Nature is part of the story or one with flowers on the cover. Shelter from the Storm 8/20
9. Strong female character.Mercy Blade 8/23
10. Reader's Choice Hide and Keep 8/26

message 48: by Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (last edited Aug 31, 2018 08:43PM) (new)

Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (sarahphalen) | 524 comments 2018 August Monthly Challenge
10/10 Complete

✔︎ 1. 'A' is for August: The Prairie Doctor's Bride by Kathryn Albright
📖 August 22nd, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔︎ 2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA: My Fair Princess by Vanessa Kelly
🎧 August 31st, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️

♥ 3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy: Dark Rites by Heather Graham
🎧 August 20th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔︎ 4. August is Admit You're Happy Month: Map of the Heart by Susan Wiggs
🎧 August 22nd, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔︎ 5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1: Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis
🎧 August 13th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔︎ 6. International Beer Day - August 3: To Have and to Harley by Regina Cole
📖 August 2nd, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

✔︎ 7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
🎧 August 6th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

✔︎ 8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18: Deeper by Megan Hart
🎧 August 26th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔︎ 9. Women's Equality Day - August 26: Cowboy Charm School by Margaret Brownley
📖 August 30th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

✔︎ 10. Reader's Choice: Captured by Chocolate by Steena Holmes
📖 August 24th, 2018 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

The Prairie Doctor's Bride by Kathryn AlbrightMy Fair Princess (The Improper Princesses #1) by Vanessa KellyDark Rites (Krewe of Hunters #22) by Heather GrahamMap of the Heart by Susan WiggsRainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2) by Jill ShalvisTo Have and to Harley (Bikers & Brides, #1) by Regina ColeSaint Anything by Sarah DessenDeeper by Megan HartCowboy Charm School (Haywire Brides, #1) by Margaret BrownleyCaptured by Chocolate (Love at the Chocolate Shop #11) by Steena Holmes

message 49: by LaurLa (last edited Aug 28, 2018 10:29AM) (new)

LaurLa | 3360 comments August Monthly Challenge
August 2018

MY August Monthly Challenge (msg 51)

10 of 10 Completed

Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9) by Jennifer Ashley Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2) by Catherine Bybee Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Well Hung (Big Rock, #3) by Lauren Blakely Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3) by Camilla Chafer Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2) by Melody Grace How to Hook a Bookworm (How To, #3) by Cassie Mae A Little Red Magic Novella-Strange Brew by Eliza Fleetwood Ritual In Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9) by Rebecca Zanetti

✔1. 'A' is for August:
🌸Read a book that starts with 'A'
🌸Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction - Jennifer Ashley - 08.22 ★★★★★

✔2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - HERA:
🌸Read a book that has royalty, a jealous or vengeful character
🌸Married by Monday - Catherine Bybee - 08.02 ★★★

✔3. Featured Author Challenge - Alexandra Ivy:
🌸Read a book shelved as paranormal
🌸Magic Rises - Ilona Andrews - 08.14 ★★★★

✔4. August is Admit You're Happy Month:
🌸Read a book that leaves a smile on your face
🌸Well Hung - Lauren Blakely - 08.21 ★★★★

✔5. National Girlfriends Day - August 1:
🌸Read a book that features girlfriends as part of the story
🌸Command Indecision - Camilla Chafer - 08.11 ★★★

✔6. International Beer Day - August 3:
🌸Read a book set in a bar, a book with scenes in a bar
🌸Unafraid - Melody Grace - 08.04 ★★★

✔7. Son and Daughter Day - August 11:
🌸Read a book tagged as YA, NA or a children's book
🌸How to Hook a Bookworm - Cassie Mae - 08.07 ★★★

✔8. National Honey Bee Awareness Day - August 18:
🌸Read a book with flowers on the cover
🌸Strange Brew - Eliza Fleetwood - 08.21 ★★★

✔9. Women's Equality Day - August 26:
🌸Read a book with a strong female character
🌸Ritual In Death - J.D. Robb - 08.04 ★★★★

✔10. Reader's Choice:
🌸Read any book of your choosing!
🌸Talen - Rebecca Zanetti - 08.10 ★★★

message 50: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1723 comments I'm in for six this month.

« previous 1 3