Real Man Books

Books for real men!! Fiction and non-Fiction.
1

by
4.05 avg rating — 6,385 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
2

by
4.20 avg rating — 421,922 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
3

by
4.16 avg rating — 2,417,789 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
4

by
4.08 avg rating — 263,673 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
5

by
3.75 avg rating — 664,219 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
6

by
4.35 avg rating — 438,712 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
7

by
4.18 avg rating — 89,659 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
8

by
4.12 avg rating — 941 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
9

by
3.98 avg rating — 1,202,413 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
10

by
4.21 avg rating — 586,478 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
11

by
3.66 avg rating — 1,837,594 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
12

by
4.38 avg rating — 127,554 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
13

by
4.08 avg rating — 278,726 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
14

by
3.85 avg rating — 1,660,277 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
15

by
3.97 avg rating — 434,181 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
16

by
4.37 avg rating — 287,870 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
17

by
4.23 avg rating — 655,026 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
18

by
4.50 avg rating — 136,938 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
19

by
3.90 avg rating — 2,232,455 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
20

by
4.34 avg rating — 523,744 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
21

by
4.48 avg rating — 127,840 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
22

by
3.79 avg rating — 226,911 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
23

by
3.82 avg rating — 327,112 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
24

by
4.02 avg rating — 101,753 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
25

by
3.81 avg rating — 1,057,585 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
26

by
4.30 avg rating — 154,139 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
27

by
3.98 avg rating — 637,823 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
28

by
4.31 avg rating — 68,025 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
29

by
3.89 avg rating — 35,550 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
30

by
3.92 avg rating — 73,906 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
31

by
4.19 avg rating — 542,199 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
32

by
4.37 avg rating — 143,324 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
33

by
3.74 avg rating — 764,833 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
34

by
4.25 avg rating — 231,291 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
35

by
3.99 avg rating — 13,650 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
35

by
3.42 avg rating — 343,736 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
37

by
4.25 avg rating — 148,878 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
38

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 36,108 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
39

by
3.84 avg rating — 304,120 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
40

by
3.83 avg rating — 46,491 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
41

by
3.98 avg rating — 126,746 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
42

by
3.74 avg rating — 9,050 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
43

by
3.69 avg rating — 3,386 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
44

by
4.26 avg rating — 39,725 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
45

by
3.90 avg rating — 655,566 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
46

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 275,142 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
47

by
3.96 avg rating — 748,114 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
48

by
4.07 avg rating — 976,069 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
49

by
4.08 avg rating — 766,579 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
50

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 73 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
51

by
4.04 avg rating — 300,100 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
52

by
4.12 avg rating — 29,524 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
53

by
4.07 avg rating — 240,627 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
54

by
4.38 avg rating — 7,005 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
55

by
3.89 avg rating — 576,535 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
56

by
3.84 avg rating — 276,423 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
57

by
4.13 avg rating — 326,254 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
58

by
4.09 avg rating — 120,880 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
59

by
4.09 avg rating — 21,952 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
60

by
3.99 avg rating — 411,948 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
61

by
4.22 avg rating — 27,524 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
61

by
3.94 avg rating — 307,236 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
63

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 163,309 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
64

by
3.80 avg rating — 45,838 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
65

by
4.11 avg rating — 54,230 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
66

by
4.20 avg rating — 15,310 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
67

by
4.29 avg rating — 87 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
68

by
4.19 avg rating — 107,241 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
69

by
4.11 avg rating — 17,128 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
70

by
3.96 avg rating — 222,502 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
71

by
4.13 avg rating — 39,225 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
71

by
4.16 avg rating — 200,668 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
73

by
4.07 avg rating — 108,588 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
74

by
3.98 avg rating — 74,893 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
75

by
3.77 avg rating — 169,475 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
76

by
4.27 avg rating — 33,670 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
77

by
4.12 avg rating — 109,972 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
78

by
4.13 avg rating — 38,761 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
79

by
really liked it 4.00 avg rating — 6,699 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
80

by
3.73 avg rating — 2,417 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
81

by
4.22 avg rating — 33,218 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
82

by
3.61 avg rating — 134,645 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
83

by
4.13 avg rating — 13,513 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
84

by
3.67 avg rating — 7,773 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
85

by
4.06 avg rating — 445,189 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
86

by
3.88 avg rating — 29,632 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
87

by
4.11 avg rating — 90,398 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
88

by
3.91 avg rating — 10,778 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
89

by
3.93 avg rating — 44,366 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
90

by
3.70 avg rating — 171,213 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
91

by
4.16 avg rating — 28,948 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
92

by
4.06 avg rating — 14,897 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
93

by
3.96 avg rating — 23,733 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
94

by
4.08 avg rating — 25 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
95

by
4.27 avg rating — 3,665 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
96

by
3.97 avg rating — 22,376 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
97

by
3.70 avg rating — 78,868 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
98

by
3.96 avg rating — 612,004 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
99

by
4.01 avg rating — 9,863 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
99

by
4.17 avg rating — 393,511 ratings
Rate this book
Clear rating
flag this list (?)
587 books · 292 voters · list created March 11th, 2009 by Loren Toddy (votes) .
Tags: guys, men
72 likes · 
Lists are re-scored approximately every 5 minutes.


Loren 444 books
57 friends
League of Native Nations 12 books
3 friends
Joe 757 books
538 friends
Johny 353 books
22 friends
Tamora 2722 books
4496 friends
Pat 1066 books
26 friends
David 1100 books
205 friends
Linds 2499 books
135 friends

More voters…


Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Loren (new)

Loren Toddy Awesome. Thanks F.d.


message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis This list needs some Robert Howard.


message 4: by you know (new)

you know that you want my books ;) Interview with the Vampire? Really? Louis spends most of his time moping around, boning male vampires, and a little girl vampire. Not MANLY.


message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis "Queen of the Damned' I could see, as all the vampires act like super heroes and travel the world beating each other up, 'Interview' is pretty wussy.


message 6: by Sophie (last edited Apr 08, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

Sophie because obviously women wouldn't want to read any of these books (even though I've read plenty of them) and any men who didn't find them appealing wouldn't be "real men" (whatever that means).

This list is appalling.


message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis No, this list is fun.
It's the guy version of chick lit.

It's celebrating literary testosterone and various forms of 'manliness', most of which are as realistic as a bodess ripper, an 80's action movie or an episode of 'Sex in the city'.

It's escapism.

If you've read plenty of the books on the list then talk about which ones you like, or if you think a book should have been rated higher (Iliad got more votes then the Odyssey?) or just enjoy the fact that this may be the only list on goodreads that doesn't include 'Twilight'.


message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Travis wrote: "No, this list is fun.
It's the guy version of chick lit."


With your use of the term "chick lit" I fear you're missing my point entirely, I'll leave it at that.


message 9: by Travis (new)

Travis If your point was more than PC outrage, you're probably right.
Hopefully you'll find a list you'll enjoy.


message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis Why do people go onto lists of stuff they don't like and announce they don't like it?
I don't like 'Twilight', which is why I don't post on those lists.I go to the lists of stuff I like.

Personally, I think somebody with a sense of humor slipped Virginia Wolfe on the list. I would have gone with 'Orlando' myself.


message 11: by Travis (new)

Travis Not meaning to be a jerk or call you out, Susannah, just an observation, as I've seen this happen on a couple lists.

Plus, I think anyone who is taking a list with this title seriously, needs to relax, maybe go read some 'chick-lit'.

and that was a joke, before anyone yells at me.


message 12: by you know (new)

you know that you want my books ;) has anything been written by ron swanson.


message 13: by Micah (last edited Jan 16, 2012 06:10PM) (new)

Micah Fretz Sophie wrote: "because obviously women wouldn't want to read any of these books (even though I've read plenty of them) and any men who didn't find them appealing wouldn't be "real men" (whatever that means).

This list is appalling"


Come on. There are dozens of Female oriented lists on listopia. We're just having a little fun. Unless you don't like fun.


message 14: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Mcquirk More Robert E Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Clancy, hell even some of the Mack Bolan novels would not hurt.


message 15: by Travis (new)

Travis Bryan wrote: "More Robert E Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Clancy, hell even some of the Mack Bolan novels would not hurt."

Never a huge Bolan fan. I was more a Remo Williams guy.

But, you can never have too much Howard or Burroughs books.


message 16: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Mcquirk I have not read the Remo Williams stories, but I loved the movie. I think the Bolan books may have been based off the Remo stories or vice versa.


message 17: by Travis (new)

Travis No, they both came out in the great manly paperback rush of the late 70's/early 80's.

Bolan is very serious, tough guy shoot em up.
Remo is more light hearted, almost parody, and focused on martial arts.


message 18: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy When I searched 'men' in Listopia, this was the first list to come up that wasn't chick-lit erotica or gay erotica. And it was half way down the second screen. And there's still a woman bitching about its existence... Bloody hell. You can see why fewer and fewer men read fiction when you hang out on goodreads enough...


message 19: by Gemi Renske (new)

Gemi Renske I'm loving this list.


message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris Mckeown Holy Bible: The New King James Version.

List is void of any value.


message 21: by Travis (new)

Travis Chris wrote: "Holy Bible: The New King James Version.

List is void of any value."


Come on, David takes out Goliath with one rock and Solomon had 1,000 wives.
While i'm not much of a fan of the book myself, it does contain some manly moments.


message 22: by Va_bank (new)

Va_bank Thank you. Need more lists like this. When I search for "Books for men" all I get is gay romance lists.


message 23: by Hugo (new)

Hugo Venegas Punisher Max Series should be here


message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I'm not sure what the point of this list is??? What exactly is the definition of a "real man"?
Maybe it should be called "Books that Men Read", then the list would truly have a reason for existing.


message 25: by CarolineB (new)

CarolineB This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!


message 26: by Travis (new)

Travis CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

There are at least four books written by women on this list.
Two of them the first books in series.

Have any women come to this list to check out some potential reading or has it all been outrage?


message 27: by Amor (new)

Amor Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

There are at least four books written by women on this list...."


Me. I came both to check the books and to say it's stupid that these are considered manly somehow.


message 28: by Travis (new)

Travis Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

There are at least four books written by wome..."


Why is it stupid?


message 29: by Amor (new)

Amor Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

There are at least four books ..."


A book is a book is a book. I feel this is just a way to call classic books that are centered almost exclusively around male characters (as most classics are anyway). How is a book even manly? Because it's political, because it's philosophical fiction? Has very flawed characters that do reckless and/or violent things? That's the common things I see among many of these.

PD. Four entire books? Wow. I should be so grateful.


message 30: by Travis (new)

Travis Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

There are at le..."


No, you shouldn't feel grateful.
You just shouldn't feel personally slighted.
It's just a list
And a list, is a list is a list.

If all books were the same, good reads would have one section, entitled 'books'.

No one's saying this is a list only men can read or that you have to read them to get into the club.
Guys can appreciate 'Enchanted April', women can appreciate Conan.

Are you going to the women's book club lists and getting this outraged?


message 31: by Amor (new)

Amor Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be a real man!!"

..."


I didn't imply I interpreted what you mentioned from this list. I don't know why you think you know how I feel (outraged apparently).


message 32: by Travis (new)

Travis Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then he wouldn't be ..."

I thought that because I was asking about why people were showing up just to be outraged and the next reply was you saying the list was stupid.

Not meaning to pick on you, but due to circumstance you got grouped with the outraged.


message 33: by Amor (new)

Amor Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "Emilia wrote: "Travis wrote: "CarolineB wrote: "This list is disgusting. God forbid a man reads a novel written by a woman. Because then ..."

Please don't worry about it.


message 34: by Elisa (new)

Elisa This is the book list equivalent of Men's Pocky.


message 35: by Jacob (last edited Aug 15, 2017 07:28PM) (new)

Jacob Really enjoying the list & the comment section.

Get to find great books and watch feminazis cry. Win-win.

Always a good time.


message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Jake wrote: "Really enjoying the list & the comment section.

Get to find great books and watch feminazis cry. Win-win.

Always a good time."


I know right, nothing feels better than watching pathetic feminists burn. :D


back to top