Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Reading Challenges > To-Read Weight Loss Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod

                To-Read Weight Loss Challenge

To-read list obesity is a complex disorder involving an excessive amount of unread books. This isn't only an organizational concern. It increases your risk of unfinished series and harms your ability to read books you care about, such as romance, thriller or even historical.

Being extremely book obese means you are especially likely to have unread books on your list.

The good news is that even modest to-read book loss can improve or prevent the problems associated with book obesity. Browsing changes, increased reading activity and behavior changes can help you lose to-read books. Prescription medications and weight-loss surgery will probably not help treating book obesity.

Cure your to-read list obesity today!

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count
2) List your desired end to-read book count
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!
5) Repeat as necessary until you reach your goal.

Duration: Open

Diets
Atkins Diet (view spoiler)

The Zone Diet (view spoiler)

Vegetarian Diet (view spoiler)

Weight Watchers Diet (view spoiler)

South Beach Diet (view spoiler)

Raw Food Diet (view spoiler)

Mediterranean Diet (view spoiler)

Banana Diet (view spoiler)

The Sleeping Beauty Diet (view spoiler)

The Cabbage Soup Diet (view spoiler)

Detox (view spoiler)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Emerald Coin Reading Challenges ~ Emerald Coin Emerald Coin

Earn your Emerald Coins with Reading Challenges joined on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn an Emerald Coin:
Emerald Coin One Coin upon completing 4 different Diets.

Learn about Gem coins here

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 30, 2019 01:01PM) (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

message 6: by Kay Kay (last edited Jan 02, 2017 07:05PM) (new)

Kay Kay | 1794 comments Ok, So I lost 50 pounds, so I will go for 50 books. My starting number is 2405. I will start with the Raw Foods diet and see how many books I can take off. Here is the problem. Just like real life i might have weeks where I gain books instead! So my goal at the end of the challenge is 2355.

Raw Food Diet
5 Books by self published authors or have less than two books.
So....
1. Orange Is the New Black Only title
2. The Watchmaker of Filigree Street Only Title
3. The Kitchen House Two titles
4. Rebel of the Sands Only title
5. Zanzibar Tales: Told by Natives of the East Coast of Africa Only title

message 7: by Diane Woods (new)

Diane Woods | 352 comments Congratulations on losing 50 pounds!

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Welcome to the challenge Karrie and congrats!

message 9: by Kelly (last edited Aug 15, 2016 07:27PM) (new)

Kelly (kellyleann32) | 4 comments Love this idea!!

I'm going with the Atkins Diet, with the goal of reading five books I own and the several books I currently have checked out from the library, whether e-books or physical (I've already listened to all of my owned audiobooks).

I keep reading books from the library, while of course purchasing books, so I want to read some of those that I already have at home and are lonely on their shelves :)

I also might do the Sleeping Beauty diet and should probably do the Detox too, lol :)

Date Started: 08/03/16
Date Finished:

--First Diet--
Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count - 983 ✓
2) List your desired end to-read book count - 970 ✓
3) Choose a diet method ✓
---Atkins - This diet will focus your weight loss on a specific type of book which is great for people who have problems with a wide variety of to-read books.
-------1) Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books. (e.g. Romances, 500+ page books, red covers)
-------2) Choose at least 5 books of this type from your to-read list.
-------3) Read!
4) Post results!

Books Read:
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by J.K. Rowling The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness Son (The Giver Quartet, #4) by Lois Lowry Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Paper Towns by John Green

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Clever idea for a challenge!

message 11: by ♛primadonna♛ (last edited Jul 02, 2018 08:38PM) (new)

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 121 comments Challenge Steps
Starting to-read book count:2267
End to-read book count:2000

Atkins
Atkins low carb diet program uses a powerful life-time approach to successful weight loss."
This diet will focus your weight loss on a specific type of book which is great for people who have problems with a wide variety of to-read books.
Protein: Romance
Kage Unmasked (Kage Trilogy, #3) by Maris Black The Color Purple by Alice Walker Janes in Love (Janes, #2) by Cecil Castellucci Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

message 12: by Jackie (last edited Aug 07, 2016 12:15PM) (new)

Jackie Nothing But Reading Challenge

Reading Challenges > To-Read Weight Loss Challenge

August 1, 2016 to ????

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count 6513
2) List your desired end to-read book count 6500
3) Choose a diet method South Beach
4) Post results!

My first diet will be the South Beach diet.

South Beach Diet

"The South Beach Diet focuses on the control of insulin levels, and the benefits of unrefined slow carbohydrates versus fast carbs."

This diet helps reduce the bulk of your to-read list while allowing lots of greens.

1) Pick 5 leafy green books on your to-read list (e.g. books with green covers, titles starting with G, authors first or last name starting with G, or vegetables on the cover.)
2) Read!

1. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
2. Deep Green: Color Me Jealous by Melody Carlson
3. Gone to Green by Judy Christie
4. The Man in the Green Chevy by Susan Rogers Cooper
5. The Green and the Red by Armand Chauvel

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen Deep Green Color Me Jealous (TrueColors, #2) by Melody Carlson Gone to Green (Green #1) by Judy Christie The Man in the Green Chevy (Sheriff Milt Kovak, #1) by Susan Rogers Cooper The Green and the Red by Armand Chauvel

message 13: by Cheryl (last edited Jun 16, 2017 12:19AM) (new)

Cheryl | 905 comments I have a lot to lose! Let's do this!

August 3, 2016-June 16, 2017
Starting: 1415
Goal: 50
(4 Diets Completed: Atkins, Sleeping Beauty, Mediterranean, & Cabbage Soup)

50/50

Sleeping Beauty Diet
1. Swimming by Nicola Keegan
2. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Atkins Diet
(Newberry Honors Award Winners)
1. Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
2. Rascal by Sterling North
3. After Tupac and D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson
4. Whittington by Alan Armstrong
5. Paperboy by Vince Vawter
6. One Came Home by Amy Timberlake
7. The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
8. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
9. The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss
10. Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
11. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
12. The Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
13. Savvy by Ingrid Law
14. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
15. Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson

Cabbage Soup Diet
(Free Reads)
1.North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
2.Kokoro by Natsume Soseki
3.Orlando by Virginia Woolf
4. A Bell for Adano by John Hershey
5. King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard

Atkins Diet
(1001 Must Read List)
1. The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu
2. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
3. A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift
4. Cain by Jose Saramago
5. All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
6. Embers by Sandor Murai

Atkins Diet
(Pulitzer Prize winners)
1. Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller
2. His Family by Ernest Poole
3. The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
4. Scarlet Sister Mary by Julia Peterkin
5. The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
6. Now in November by Josephine Winslow Johnson
7. All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
8. The Late George Apley by John P. Marquand
9. Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener
10. House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday
11. The Way West by A. B. Guthrie

Atkins Diet
(Nobel Prize winners)
1. Gimpel the Fool and Other Stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer
2. Lyrics: 1962-2001 by Bob Dylan
3. Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
4. When the New Wine Blooms by Bjornstjerne Bjornson
5. The Great Galeoto by Jose Echegaray

Mediterranean Diet
(5 Countries)
1. France Desert by Jean-Marie G. Le Clezio
2. Poland View With a Grain of Sand by Wislawa Szymbrska
3. South Africa A Sport of Nature by Nadine Gordimer
4. Nigeria Aké: The Years of Childhood by Wole Soyinka
5. Vietnam The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

message 14: by Jenn (last edited Dec 16, 2016 04:46PM) (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1217 comments Part 1: August 1, 2016 to ????

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count
2) List your desired end to-read book count 150
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!

The Sleeping Beauty Diet (view spoiler)

The Cabbage Soup Diet (Books You Can Get for Free)(view spoiler)
6. The Land of 10,000 Madonnas 10/23/16

Atkins DietGraphic Novels & Mangas(view spoiler)
41. Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume 2 11/6/16
35. Courtney Crumrin: The Final Spell 10/22/16
36. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures 11/21/16

Atkins DietBooks I started but never finished

Atkins Diet Llewellyn "For Beginners" books
1. Rituals for Beginners: Simple Ways to Connect to Your Spiritual Side 10/6/16

Atkins DietBooks from the 1001 Books to read before you die list

Atkins Diet Cozy Mysteries
1. Trouble Vision 9/11/16

Atkins Diet Non-fiction misc. (view spoiler)
5. Southern Living 2012 Annual Recipes: Every Single Recipe from 2012 -- over 750! 12/7/16
6. The Staycation Jar: 200 Family Fun Ideas For Creative Meals, Main Events, Silliness, Love Projects 12/7/16
7. Put 'em Up!: A Comprehensive Home Preserving Guide for the Creative Cook, from Drying and Freezing to Canning and Pickling 12/7/16
8. The Sparkle Factory: The Design and Craft of Tarina's Fashion Jewelry and Accessories 12/7/16
9. The 2012 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook) 12/5/16
10. Retro Family Recipes : Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1960's-1990's 12/5/16

Atkins Diet Off My Kindle
1. Adrenaline Rush 8/28/16
2. Ring Around the Rosy, Not Another Ghostie 9/19/16

Atkins Diet Subscription Box Catch Up
1. Not If I See You First 9/24/16

The Zone Diet
Thriller
1. Save Yourself 10/6/16
2. We'll Never Be Apart 10/3/16
The Dresden Files
Two - 200-299 pages
1. Evidence of Things Not Seen 9/24/16 224 pages
2. John Winchester's Journal 11/5/16 218 pages

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1217 comments I have a question - Can I run two diets concurrently? Like the Sleeping beauty because it's audio book and one that would just be regular books? I listen to audiobooks in the car and while cleaning the house - but I read regular books when I am relaxing.

message 16: by Katherine (last edited Oct 08, 2016 06:04PM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments ★✩★✩★✩★ To-Read Weight Loss Challenge. ★✩★✩★✩★ 5th - 22nd August. Part 1.
List to-read book count: 1,200 ★✩★ List your desired end to-read book count: 800
Read: 117/117

Atkins Diet: Fantasy/Paranormal. (view spoiler)
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan With True Love's Kiss (Once Upon a Romance, #3) by Jessica Woodard Avatar The Last Airbender "Shells" (Free Comic Book Day 2014) by Gene Luen Yang Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2) by Chanda Hahn The Twits by Roald Dahl Nimona by Noelle Stevenson Maelyn (The Nine Princesses Novellas, #1) by Anita Valle Legends and Myths From Wales - North Wales by Graham Watkins Lumberjanes, Vol. 1 Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes #1-4) by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #2 by Noelle Stevenson The Little School Nurse That Could Episode.1 by Remi Aoi Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 21 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Side Story 3 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 22 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Free Comic Book Day 2014 Project Black Sky #5 (Dark Horse FCBD) by Fred Van Lente Doctor Strange (2015-) #1 by Jason Aaron The Emotionally Engaging Character (Writing Tips Book 2) by Ruth Ann Nordin Lumberjanes #3 by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #4 by Noelle Stevenson Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 24 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio The Grimm Diaries Prequels volume 15 - 18 Snow White Black Swan, The Pumpkin Piper, Prince of Puppets, The Sleeping Swan by Cameron Jace Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1) by Felicity Heaton Attack on Titan Anthology Preview FCBD 2016 by Michael Avon Oeming Kodansha Comics Digital Sampler Unreal by Various Kodansha Comics Digital Sampler Real by Various Chibi Luxus by Judith Park X-Men Origins Deadpool by Duane Swierczynski Free Comic Book Day Star Wars (2005) by Miles Lane Free Comic Book Day Aliens #0 (Dark Horse FCBD) by John Arcudi Ani-Max, Volume 1 by Ron Marz Star Trek Alien Spotlight - Borg by Andrew Steven Harris Wickedest Witch by Eve Langlais Lumberjanes 2016 Special Makin' the Ghost of It by Jen Wang Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry Lumberjanes #5 by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #6 by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #7 by Noelle Stevenson Cleopatra's Return by Eve Langlais Lumberjanes #8 by Noelle Stevenson

Weight Watchers Diet/The Zone Diet: Historical fiction (view spoiler)
Rancher's Remorse (Culpepper Cowboys #2) by Merry Farmer Cowboy's Conundrum (Culpepper Cowboys #3) by Kirsten Osbourne Teacher's Troublemaker (Culpepper Cowboys #4) by Merry Farmer Lucie Bride of Tennessee (American Mail-Order Bride #16) by Heidi Vanlandingham Isabella Bride of Ohio (American Mail-Order Brides Series, #17) by Debra Parmley Josephine Bride of Louisiana (American Mail-Order Bride #18) by Cindy Caldwell India Bride of Indiana (American Mail-Order Brides #19) by Ashley Merrick Michelle Bride of Mississippi (American Mail-Order Bride #20) by Cindy Caldwell Lilly Bride of Illinois (American Mail-Order Bride #21) by Linda K. Hubalek Mail Order Misunderstanding (Brides of Beckham Book 13) by Kirsten Osbourne Mail Order Mischief (Brides of Beckham Book 16) by Kirsten Osbourne Baker's Bargain (Culpepper Cowboys #5) by Kirsten Osbourne Scotsman's Siren (Culpepper Cowboys #6) by Merry Farmer Anna Bride of Alabama (American Mail-Order Brides #22) by Lily Graison

Read a series of books that are on your to-read list/Pick a number between 1 and 5. 2 (200-299 page books) (view spoiler)
Dance of the Hours (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow, #9) by Rob Kidd Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #9 by Noelle Stevenson Lumberjanes #10 by Noelle Stevenson Love Mode, Vol. 9 by Yuki Shimizu Love Mode, Vol. 10 by Yuki Shimizu Love Mode, Vol. 11 by Yuki Shimizu James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl Here with You (Laurel Heights, #8) by Kate Perry Empowered, Volume 1 (Empowered, #1) by Adam Warren Apocalypse (The Wasteland Chronicles, #1) by Kyle West Origins (The Wasteland Chronicles, #2) by Kyle West Evolution (The Wasteland Chronicles, #3) by Kyle West Empowered, Volume 2 (Empowered, #2) by Adam Warren Order Rank (PhD Phantasy Degree #7) by Hee-Joon Son

Vegetarian Diet/Raw Food Diet (view spoiler)
The BFG by Roald Dahl The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne When We Were Very Young by A.A. Milne Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne となりの怪物くん 4 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 4  by Robico Killing Momzillas (Killing Memories, #3) by Tatiana Moore The Gentle Grafter by O. Henry Mail Order Bride Special- Benson Creek Mail Order Bride Box Set - 5 Book Special! by Emma Morgan 28 Days Later, Vol. 1 London Calling by Michael Alan Nelson 28 Days Later, Vol. 2 Bend in the Road by Michael Alan Nelson

South Beach Diet/Mediterranean Diet: (view spoiler)
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss The Tale of Benjamin Bunny (The World of Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit) by Beatrix Potter Mitch's Win (Montana Collection, Book 1) by Ruth Ann Nordin 家に帰ると妻が必ず死んだふりをしています。3 【リリース記念版 特別書き下ろし4コマ】 (Japanese Edition) by K.Kajunsky Snow Queen by Ken T Seth Il professor Layton e i misteri buffi n. 1 by Naoki Sakura Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 25 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Probing the Annis (Caverns and Creatures) by Robert Bevan

Banana Diet: Pick a random letter of the alphabet: T (view spoiler)
11 Tips for New Writers (Writing Tips) by Ruth Ann Nordin The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss Edgar Allan Poe Complete Tales and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe Strong Female Protagonist. Book One (Strong Female Protagonist, #1-4) by Brennan Lee Mulligan Trainer's Treat (Culpepper Cowboys #7) by Kirsten Osbourne

The Cabbage Soup Diet read books that I got for free. (view spoiler)
Futaba-kun Change! Vol.1 by Hiroshi Aro Fight Club 2 # 0 (Fight Club Free Comic Book Day) by Chuck Palahniuk Childrens Books The Enchanted Hat by Mary Sue Doctor Strange (2015-) #3 by Jason Aaron Doctor Strange (2015-) #4 by Jason Aaron Overwatch (Polish) #1 by Robert Brooks Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 26 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 27 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 28 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 30 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapter 31 (Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Chapters) by Yoko Kamio Magni Fault Lines by Matt Burns Overwatch #3 Going Legit by Robert Brooks Overwatch (French) #4 by Andrew Robinson World of Warcraft Legion (Portugese) #2 by Matt Burns Overwatch (Italian) #5 by Andrew Robinson Overwatch (French) #6 by Micky Neilson Overwatch (Russian) #7 by Andrew Robinson Overwatch (Russian) #8 by Michael Chu

The Sleeping Beauty Diet: Listen to the books in audio form! (view spoiler)
Inside Out (Disney/Pixar Inside Out) by Walt Disney Company Green Eggs and Ham (I Can Read It All by Myself) by Dr. Seuss The Witches by Roald Dahl Darkness (New Species, #12) by Laurann Dohner The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket

message 17: by Emily (last edited Oct 11, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count 5121
2) List your desired end to-read book count 5021
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!

1st Diet Atkins
1) Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books. (e.g. Romances, 500+ page books, red covers) chef, baker or waitress
2) Choose at least 5 books of this type from your to-read list.
1) Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books. (e.g. Romances, 500+ page books, red covers)
1 Player by Joanna Blake 8.5
2. She Let Herself Go by Hipsy Bohannon 8.6
3. Ugly by Sam Crescent 8.11
4. Bakers Law by Denise Belinda McDonald .13
5 Exquisite Trouble by Ann Mayburn 8.16

Zone Diet
Genre Contemporary
Series Heroes to the Dixie Wardens MC

To Read
1 Stone At Your Service by Rie Warren 8.18
2 Torch by Karen Erickson 8.20
3 Wrangler by Dani Wyatt 8.22

Series
1 Lights to My Siren by Lani Lynn Vale 10.1
2 Halligan to my axe by Lani Lynn Vale 10.3
3 Kevlar to My Vest by Lani Lynn Vale 10..8
4 Keys to My Cuffs by Lani Lynn Vale 10..11

400-499 pages
1 Never Wed An Outlaw by Nicole Snow 9.12
2 Fire Inside by Kristen Asley 9.21

Vegetarian Diet
Animal Cover
1 Chance McAll by Sharon Sala
2 Savannahs Vision by Nicole Austin
3 Tessas Pride by Olivia Brynn
4 Emilys Story by D'Elen McClain
5 Bride of the Alpha by Georgette St Clair

message 18: by Cristina (new)

Cristina  (gnomopacia) This is such a different ideia! Does this challenge have timeline?

message 19: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 3111 comments Adding this with my other TBR challenge since that is my major reading goal for this year.
To-Read Weight Loss Challenge. Duration: Open

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count: 392
2) List your desired end to-read book count: 380 (I keep adding too)
3) Choose a diet method: Banana (seems the most random): Letter: O
4) Post results!

I have 5 O titles on my TBR list that are currently published. Aiming for 5 but worried about finding some of them.

message 20: by megan (new)

megan | 1395 comments Holy cow! You guys have a crazy amount of books on you to-read lists.

message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Cristina wrote: "This is such a different ideia! Does this challenge have timeline?"

Open timeline. Take as much time as you need.

message 22: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments megan wrote: "Holy cow! You guys have a crazy amount of books on you to-read lists."

I have ‎2915... It's a sickness really.

message 23: by Taylor (last edited Aug 08, 2016 11:00AM) (new)

Taylor | 87 comments What a funny idea, I love it! I'm definitely "book obese," haha.

3 Aug 16 - present

Starting TBR Count:
Desired TBR Count: 1300

Banana Diet - 0 / 5
5 books beginning with the letter D

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
2. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
3. The Darkness That Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker
4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
5. The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

message 24: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Oct 23, 2020 07:05PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 713 comments *Since it's open-ended I will try several diets
*Combining 3 shelves all are tbr: to-read, hoopla-audio, hoopla-ebook
Starting to-read book count: 3889
Desired end to-read book count: 3789
Books Read: 20
Date Started: 08/03/16
Date Finished:

Diet method #1: Atkins Diet
Type of Books: Romances
Choose at least 5 books of this type from your to-read list.
1. Addicted (Club Destiny, #2.5) by Nicole Edwards by Nicole Edwards 10/26/18
2. The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle by Samantha Towle 10/29/18
3. Burned by Karen Marie Moning 11/27/18
4. Ruined by Tracy Wolff 08/06/16
5. Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss 08/09/16
6. Until Nico by Aurora Rose Reynolds 08/15/16
7. Virgin River by Robyn Carr 12/05/18
8. Until July (Until Her/Him, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds by Aurora Rose Reynolds 11/04/18
9. Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire 08/08/16

Diet method #2: The Zone Diet
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Ghost and Reincarnation
Number: 4
Read at least 3 books from your to-read list in the genre selected.
1. Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley 08/25/16
2. One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 09/20/16
3. The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter 10/09/16
Read the rest of the series of the series you have selected (that have been released.)
1. Sommersgate House by Kristen Ashley 10/05/16
2. Lacybourne Manor by Kristen Ashley 04/17/17
3. Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley 09/25/18
4. Lucky Stars by Kristen Ashley
02/11/19
Read 2 books on your to-read list that have X hundred pages based on the number you selected. (e.g. If you selected 3, you would read 300-399 page books)
1. Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh (478 pgs)08/23/16
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (454 pgs) 09/21/16

Diet method #3: Vegetarian Diet
Select 5 books on your to-read list with animals on the cover or that are about animals. (Your definition of "animal" may vary.)
1. Wild and Free (wolf shifter) 04/27/19
2. Untamed Virgins (Mountain Men of Bear Valley #1) by Frankie Love 06/17/19
3. Untamed Lovers (Mountain Men of Bear Valley #2) by Frankie Love 06/19/19
4. Real Men Snarl (Real Men Shift, #2) by Celia Kyle 06/21/19
5. Love and Other Wild Things (dragon/bear shifters) 08/02/19

Diet method #4:South Beach Diet
Pick 5 leafy green books on your to-read list (e.g. books with green covers, titles starting with G, authors first or last name starting with G, or vegetables on the cover.)
1. Getting Schooled ~ 04/19/19
2. The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter ~ 05/05/19
3. The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2) by Kristen Ashley ~ 05/08/19
4. Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1) by Christina C. Jones ~ 06/18/19
5. Good Girls Don't ~ 07/15/19

Diet method #5: Raw Food Diet
Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors who self-publish or have less than 2 published books.
1. Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1) by Tara Sivec
2. Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid ~ 06/07/2020
3. Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1) by Ruby Lionsdrake
4. A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire, #1) by T.E. Sivec
5. Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Diet method #6: Banana Diet
Random Letter: C
Choose 5 books from your to-read list that start with this letter. (Or all books if there are less than 5.)
1. Cards of Love Judgment by Jenika Snow
2. Cards of Love Knight of Wands by Claudia Y. Burgoa
3. Cards of Love Justice by Amelia Wilde
4. Cards of Love The Emperor by Fawn Bailey
5. Cards of Love The Pope by L.P. Lovell

Diet method #7: The Sleeping Beauty Diet audiobooks
Choose 3 books from your to-read list.
1. Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall
2. Sweet Restraint by Beth Kery
3. Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch #1, Rocky Mountain House #1) by Vivian Arend

Diet method #8: The Cabbage Soup Diet
Choose 5 books on your to-read list that you got for free or can get for free.
1. Bossypants by Tina Fey ~ 07/20/2020
2. The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5) by Gena Showalter ~ 01/25/2020
3. Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10) by Lara Adrian
4. Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1) by J.A. Huss
5. Music of the Heart (Runaway Train, #1) by Katie Ashley

Diet method #9:Detox
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list that you don't want to read anymore.
2) Delete them!

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Jenn wrote: "I have a question - Can I run two diets concurrently? Like the Sleeping beauty because it's audio book and one that would just be regular books? I listen to audiobooks in the car and while cleaning..."

It's fine to do two at a time, just don't overlap the books between them.

message 26: by Mbee (last edited Aug 22, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Mbee To-read Weight Loss Challenge

Start day : 8/4/16
End day : ?

Challenge Steps

1) List your starting to-read book count: 577
2) List your desired end to-read book count: 450
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!

Atkins Diet

1) Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books.: contemporary
1 The Day Before
2 Goodbye, Rebel Blue
3 Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here (8/9/16-8/12/16)
4 When We Collided
5 Everything Leads to You
6 Not If I See You First (8/18/16-8/21/16)

message 27: by Lluïsa (new)

Lluïsa  (llusancho) I'm joining it! But I guess I'll be adding more to read books by the way...

Date Started: 08/05/16
Date Finished:

--First Diet--
Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count - 93 ✓
2) List your desired end to-read book count - 80 ✓
3) Choose a diet method - Mediterranean Diet ✓
4) Post results!

message 28: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge everyone! :)

message 29: by LauraBee (new)

LauraBee | 7 comments Hi - well 45 pounds to go, so 45 books down for now. Going from 367 books to 322 books.

Decided on the Banana Diet - got letter P (hey, better than X!)

I have lots of great choices in this letter, so off to reading I go.

Thanks - great fun challenge!

Laura

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie | 185 comments To-Read Weight Loss Challenge
Start Date: 7/8/16
Starting To-Read Book Count: 385
Desired End Book Count: 300
Diet Type: Atkins
Romance - 0/100 (allowing for books that may need to be added to the list)

message 31: by Kelsey (last edited Sep 05, 2016 06:45PM) (new)

Kelsey Frost (luv2teach) | 173 comments To-Read Weight Loss Challenge
Start Date: 8/8/16
Starting to-read book count:194
List your desired end to-read book count:179 (15 book loss)

Choose a diet method: Banana Diet 1/5
Random Letter Chosen: N
1.Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
2.The Nightingale9/5/16
3:North of Here
4:The Next Together
5:Nora & Kettle

message 32: by Nikki (last edited Aug 03, 2017 07:29AM) (new)

Nikki Johnson (luna1563) To-Read Weight Loss Challenge

Start Date: 10th August 2016
Starting To-Read Book Count: 268
Desired End Book Count: Let's get this under 200 - so 199

Update 10/08/16 To-read count 263.
15/08/16 To-read count 264 (I added one. Boo :()
11/09/16 To-read count 263.
23/12/16 To-read count 274 (waaaa I added first books in series I already had :()

Atkins - I was originally going to choose 'General Fiction' and thought I would give myself a tougher challenge. I pick 'books over 500 pages.'
1) Dune (Dune Chronicles #1) by Frank Herbert Dune by Frank Herbert
2) Into the Forest (The Familiar #2) by Mark Z. Danielewski The Familiar Vol.2: Into the Forest by Mark Z. Danielewski
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

The Zone Diet: Genre, horror; series, Sookie Stackhouse; number, 3.
1) We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory
2) Onyx Webb Book Two Episodes 4, 5, 6 by Richard Fenton Onyx Webb Book Two by Richard Fenton
3)
Number of books left in series: 7
Books between 300-399 pages:
Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin

Vegetarian Diet
Select 5 books on your to-read list with animals on the cover or that are about animals.
1) Being a Beast Adventures Across the Species Divide by Charles Foster Being a Beast by Charles Foster
2) Swamplandia! by Karen Russell Swamplandia by Karen Russell
3) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
4)
5)

Weight Watchers Diet
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

South Beach Diet
Pick 5 leafy green books on your to-read list (e.g. books with green covers, titles starting with G, authors first or last name starting with G, or vegetables on the cover.)
1) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
2) Locke & Key, Vol. 2 Head Games by Joe Hill Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill
3) The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
4)
5)

Raw Food Diet
Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors who self-publish or have less than 2 published books.
1) The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett
2)
3)
4)
5)

Mediterranean Diet
Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors born in countries other than your own.
1) Knights of Sidonia 1 (Knights of Sidonia #1) by Tsutomu Nihei Knights of Sidonia 1 by Tsutomu Nihei
2) Scalped, Vol. 3 Dead Mothers by Jason Aaron Scalped, Vol. 3: Dead Mothers by Jason Aaron
3) The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
4)
5)

Banana Diet
Letter - C
1) The Children of Men by P.D. James The Children of Men by P.D. James
2) The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
3) Chew, Vol. 1 Taster's Choice by John Layman Chew Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman
4)
5)

The Sleeping Beauty Diet
1) Revolution by Russell Brand Revolution by Russell Brand
2)
3)

The Cabbage Soup Diet
Choose 5 books on your to-read list that you got for free or can get for free.
Onyx Webb Book One Episodes 1, 2, 3 by Richard Fenton The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge Through the Woods by Emily Carroll The Talented Mr. Ripley (Ripley, #1) by Patricia Highsmith The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Detox
Easier said than done;
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs Crash by J.G. Ballard Under the Skin by Michel Faber And the Ass Saw the Angel by Nick Cave The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall

message 33: by Kristie (last edited Nov 27, 2016 09:23AM) (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I'd like to try this one too! I'm going to start off fairly light with a 20-book weight loss, since I have difficulty not gaining books while losing. Hopefully, my TBR heads in the right direction!

# on TBR: 987 Goal: 967

Dates: 8/13/16-??
Books read: 12
Books removed (detox): 20
Updated TBR: 995

The Cabbage Soup Diet: Completed (view spoiler)

Detox: Completed (view spoiler)

Weight Watchers Diet: Completed (view spoiler)

The Sleeping Beauty Diet: (view spoiler)

The Zone Diet: (view spoiler)

Atkins Diet: (view spoiler)

South Beach Diet: (view spoiler)

Banana Diet: (view spoiler)

Vegetarian Diet: (view spoiler)

message 34: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge!

message 35: by Katherine (last edited Oct 12, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments ★✩★✩★ To-Read Weight Loss Challenge. ★✩★✩★ 5th August - Open. Part 2.
Read: 120/120

Atkins Diet: Science Fiction and Horror/ 30+ pages (view spoiler)
iZombie, Vol. 1 Dead to the World by Chris Roberson The Beauty, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Haun Doctor Strange (2015-) #5 by Jason Aaron Doctor Strange (2015-) #6 by Jason Aaron Highmountain A Mountain Divided by Robert Brooks World of Warcraft Legion #4 by Robert Brooks The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 by Alan Moore Borderlands Origins #1 (of 4) by Mikey Neumann Borderlands Origins #2 Lilith by Mikey Neumann Borderlands, Volume 1 Origins by Agustin Padilla iZombie, Vol. 2 uVampire (iZombie #2) by Chris Roberson Marvel Zombies by Robert Kirkman Marvel Zombies 2  by Robert Kirkman The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 2 by Alan Moore Kick-Ass #7 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass #8 by Mark Millar Twisted Straight Finding My Self in the Middle by Elizabeth Zerman Ancient Egypt A Guide to the Gods, Pharaohs, Dynasties, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt by Patrick Auerbach Greek Mythology Doublepack - Greek Mythology & Greek Gods (Greek Mythology, Greek Gods) by Patrick Auerbach The Withering Palace by Alexia Purdy All for You (Laurel Heights, #8.5) by Kate Perry The Orc's Tale (Tales of the Frostborn, #1) by Jonathan Moeller The Succubus in a Red Dress (The Succubus in a Red Dress, #1) by Daniel David Garcia That Healing Touch (Cutter's Creek, #1) by Kit Morgan Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1) by Cynthia St. Aubin Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 1 by Wataru Watanabe Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2) by Shannon Mayer Sundered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #1) by Shannon Mayer Kick-Ass 2 #2 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass 2 #3 by Mark Millar H2O, Issue 1 by Grant Calof Leora Bride of California (American Mail-Order Bride #31) by Kit Morgan Something to Read About A Book Club Sampler from Simon & Schuster by Chris Cleave Trinity Bride of West Virginia (The American Mail-Order Bride #35) by Carré White Remains #1 by Steve Niles Oddly Normal #1 by Otis Frampton Bedlam #1 Preview by Nick Spencer Lost At Sea Preview by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Atkins Diet: Children's & Young Adult (view spoiler)
Little Miss Magic To The Rescue by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Bossy Saves The Zoo by Roger Hargreaves Mr Mischief The Artist by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Splendid and the Present by Roger Hargreaves Mr Chatterbox's Parrot by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Hug (Mr Men and Little Miss) by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6) by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7) by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Somersault by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Sunshine by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Busy by Roger Hargreaves Little Miss Twins by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Strong by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) by Roger Hargreaves Rapunzel A Magic Beans Story by Jacqueline Wilson Drama by Raina Telgemeier Jim Henson's Labyrinth 30th Anniversary Special by Jonathan Case Sins of the Fathers (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrows, #10) by Rob Kidd Smile by Raina Telgemeier Big Day Out by Jacqueline Wilson Giant Days, Vol. 1 by John Allison Boaz's Wager (Montana Collection, Book 2) by Ruth Ann Nordin Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3) by Ruth Ann Nordin Lumberjanes, Vol. 4 Out of Time by Noelle Stevenson Zom-B Family (Zom-B, #9) by Darren Shan Kick-Ass #1 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass #2 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass, volumen 1 de 3 (Kick Ass de Ovni Press, #1) by Mark Millar Kick-Ass #4 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass #5 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass #6 by Mark Millar

Atkins Diet: Health & Fiction (view spoiler)
Yoga For Beginners Lose Inches Off Your Waist in 30 Days or Less With This Complete Yoga Guide! Yoga Poses to Enhance Your Abs! (Yoga, Yoga for beginners, Yoga Poses) by Emily MacLeod Yoga in Bed for All Ages by Lisa Shea Yoga For Weight Loss For Beginners A Step-By-Step Picture Guide To 90 Slimming Yoga Poses by Nika Karan Back Pain How to Get Rid of It Forever (Volume 1 The Causes) by John Perrier Yoga The Yoga Beginner's Bible Top 30 Illustrated Poses for Weight Loss, Stress Relief and Inner Peace (yoga for beginners, yoga books, meditation, mindfulness, ... spirituality, self help, fitness books) by Tai Morello Pilates for Beginners by Sophie Godard Success And Happiness 7 Habits To A Fulfilling Life (Happiness, Personal Transformation) by Sandra León Yoga for Beginners Your Guide to Master Yoga Poses while calming your mind, be stress free, and boost your self-esteem! by Alexander Yamashita Yoga Basic Knowledge Exercises, Stories, Meditation and Enlightenment. Yoga for Beginners, Inner Peace and Happiness. by Nils Horn Yoga for Gymnasts but not only for gymnasts by Jill Fox Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf Summer Heat by Harper Bliss nekomaki1 by ms-work Orangutan A Day in the Rainforest Canopy by Rita Goldner Harry The Happy Mouse by N.G.K. Fat Chance by Nick Spalding The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran Travelling light by Vickie Johnstone Kick-Ass 2 #1 by Mark Millar

Atkins Diet: Romance & Fantasy (view spoiler)
Tabitha Bride of Missouri (American Mail-Order Bride #24) by Amelia C. Adams Blood Therapy (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #2) by Lynda Hilburn Benzen (Warriors of Orb, #1) by Zara Zenia Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7) by Ruby Dixon Calm Slice of Life Short Stories (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7.5) by Ruby Dixon Adam (Cyborgs More Than Machines, #6) by Eve Langlais Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis More Than Friends / Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #1-2) by Aria Grace Bound by Blood (Bound, #1) by Cynthia Eden The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani Mail Order Brides Shades of Romance Collection (Shades of Romance #1,3,5) by Jill Maguire Twin Tales by Jacqueline Wilson The Witch With The Glitch by Adam Maxwell The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood Out of the Past (Once Upon a Time, #3) by Kalinda Vázquez The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug - The Movie Storybook by Paddy Kempshall Movie Storybook (The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies) by Natasha Hughes Small Gods A Discworld Graphic Novel by Terry Pratchett The Complete Folk & Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (Wisehouse Classics - The Complete and Authoritative Edition) by Wilhelm Grimm The Sworn Sword The Graphic Novel by Ben Avery The Hedge Knight The Graphic Novel (The Hedge Knight Graphic Novels, #1) by George R.R. Martin

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) August 24, 2016
Starting: 119
Goal: 23

0/23

ATKINS:

VEGETARIAN:

WEIGHT WATCHERS:

SOUTH BEACH:

CABBAGE SOUP DIET

message 37: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge Katherine and Danielle ☺

message 38: by Kristie (last edited Aug 30, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I read two books for this challenge, but went a little crazy with the last Audible sale and had to add those books to my TBR. When all is updated I gained 9 books. This is going to take a while...

disappointment photo: Disappointment AwwdisappointedYuki.gif

message 39: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Kristie wrote: "I read two books for this challenge, but went a little crazy with the last Audible sale and had to add those books to my TBR. When all is updated I gained 9 books. This is going to take a while...
..."

That seems like how my weight loss goes :-/

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Exactly! Lol

message 41: by Jenn (last edited Sep 11, 2016 11:13PM) (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1217 comments Part 2: August 1, 2016 to ????

Detox
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Jenn (last edited Sep 21, 2016 08:24PM) (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1217 comments Part 3: August 1, 2016 to ????

Detox
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Carol (last edited Sep 01, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Carol | 101 comments I'm going to give this a try. It's much better than a real diet and I can lose (book) reads. :)

Starting with the Atkins and working my way through them.

Weight Loss Challenge
Challenge Steps

1) List your starting to-read book count (1695)
2) List your desired end to-read book count (1650)
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!

Diets
Atkins Diet
Young Adult
1. Ally Carter - I’d tell you I love you but then I’d have to kill you
2. Julie Kagawa - The Iron King
3. Richelle Mead - Spirit Bound
4. Robert J Crane - Destiny
5. Andrea Warren - Surviving Hitler

The Zone Diet
This diet is a more balanced approach that spreads the weight loss to various issues in your to-read list.
1) Choose one genre of book that you have on your to-read list.
2) Choose one series of book that you have on your to-read list.
3) Pick a number between 1 and 5.
4) Read at least 3 books from your to-read list in the genre selected.
5) Read the rest of the series of the series you have selected (that have been released.)
6) Read 2 books on your to-read list that have X hundred pages based on the number you selected. (e.g. If you selected 3, you would read 300-399 page books).

Vegetarian Diet
This diet helps you eliminate animal books from your to-read list.
1) Select 5 books on your to-read list with animals on the cover or that are about animals. (Your definition of "animal" may vary.)
2) Read!

Weight Watchers Diet
"Weight Watchers focuses on losing weight through diet, exercise, and a support network."
This diet helps you lose to-read weight with the help of others.
1) Select 3 books from your to-read list that have buddy reads.
2) Read along with your buddies!

South Beach Diet
This diet helps reduce the bulk of your to-read list while allowing lots of greens.
1) Pick 5 leafy green books on your to-read list (e.g. books with green covers, titles starting with G, authors first or last name starting with G, or vegetables on the cover.)
2) Read!

Raw Food Diet
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors who self-publish or have less than 2 published books.
2) Read!

Mediterranean Diet
This diet focuses on eating healthy from regions that may not be your own.
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors born in countries other than your own.
2) Read!

Banana Diet
This diet plan picks a very random grouping of books to eliminate.
1) Pick a random letter of the alphabet - link
2) Choose 5 books from your to-read list that start with this letter. (Or all books if there are less than 5.)
3) Read!

The Sleeping Beauty Diet
This diet focuses on relaxing you while you sleep your way to weight loss.
1) Choose 3 books from your to-read list.
2) Listen to them in audio form!

The Cabbage Soup Diet
This diet helps you eliminate the freebies on your list.
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list that you got for free or can get for free.
2) Read!

Detox
2) Delete them!

message 44: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Jenn and Carol :)

message 45: by Katherine (last edited Oct 08, 2016 06:08PM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments ★✩★✩★ To-Read Weight Loss Challenge. ★✩★✩★ 5th August - Open. Part 3.
Read: 106/106

Atkins Diet: Adventure (view spoiler)
One Piece East Blue 1-2-3, Vol. 1 (One Piece Omnibus, #1) by Eiichiro Oda Vikings The Most Badass Vikings in History by Patrick Auerbach Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #1) by Cindy Sample Poseidon's Peak (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow, #11) by Rob Kidd The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski Lumberjanes #17 by Shannon Watters iZombie, Vol. 3 Six Feet Under and Rising (iZombie #3) by Chris Roberson Lumberjanes #18 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #19 (Lumberjanes #19 19) by Shannon Watters KAZUAKI-KUN's BOOK by Hato Moa iZombie, Vol. 4 Repossession (iZombie #4) by Chris Roberson Bold New Horizons (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow, #12) by Rob Kidd Lumberjanes #20 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #21 by Shannon Watters The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1 Squirrel Power by Ryan North Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1 No Normal by G. Willow Wilson Kick-Ass 2 #4 by Mark Millar Jem and the Holograms, Volume 2 Viral by Kelly Thompson 1001 Arabian Nights The Adventures of Sinbad #0 (1001 Arabian Nights The Adventures of Sinbad #0) by Dan Wickline Damsels Mermaids #0 by Matt Sturges Return To Wonderland #0 (of 6) by Raven Gregory

The Zone Diet: Fantasy (view spoiler)
Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1 Showtime (Jem and the Holograms #1) by Kelly Thompson Jem and The Holograms #1 (Jem and the Holograms, #1) by Kelly Thompson Jem and the Holograms (2015-) Holiday Special by Kelly Thompson Soulfire (Soulfire vol 1,#0) by Jeph Loeb Soulfire Preview (Soulfire vol 1, #-1) by Jeph Loeb Pointless Conversations Superheroes by Scott Tierney Fathom Dawn of War #0 by J.T. Krul True Blood (2010) #1 (of 6) by Alan Ball Share Your Universe Iron Man (Super Heroes) by Paul Tobin Black Magick Free Preview by Greg Rucka FCBD 2014 Don Rosa's Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck - A Matter of Serious Gravity by Don Rosa

Pick a number: 1 (view spoiler)
Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Scenes by Mark Crilley Mastering Manga, How to Draw Manga Bodies by Mark Crilley Binge Eating Cure Cure Binge Eating, Overcome Food Addiction, and Rid Your Life of Eating Disorders **FREE BONUS** (Emotional Eating, Mindful Eating, ... Fasting, Obesity, Fast Metabolism Book 1) by Lisa P. Simms Tyson Hesse's Diesel #1 (Tyson Hesse's Diesel #1) by Tyson Hesse Interview With an Accidental (Accidentals #9.9) by Dakota Cassidy FCBD 2012 Witchblade Unbalanced Pieces by Tim Seeley It's Just a Little Crush (A Lizzie Hart Mystery) by Caroline Fardig Bedlam, Vol. 1 by Nick Spencer Fathom Vol. 1 #0 by Michael Lane Turner Fathom Kiani #0 (Fathom Kiani) by Vince Hernandez Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

Read books on your to-read list that have 100 - 199 pages: (view spoiler)
Poppy Bride of Alaska (American Mail-Order Brides #49) by Cassie Hayes Tyson Hesse's Diesel #2 (Tyson Hesse's Diesel #2) by Tyson Hesse Fathom Vol. 1 #0.5 by Michael Turner Pointless Conversations - The Purple Collection 14 by Scott Tierney Bilbo's Last Song by J.R.R. Tolkien Tyson Hesse's Diesel #3 (Tyson Hesse's Diesel #3) by Tyson Hesse Fasting Diet 101 The Beginners Guide to The Fasting Diet by Stacy Johnson Pointless Conversations The Big One by Scott Tierney Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3 Crushed by G. Willow Wilson The Stylist Free Sample by Rosie Nixon Oddly Normal Vol. 1 by Otis Frampton

4) Read a genre: Horror (view spoiler)
Kick-Ass 2 #4 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass 2 #5 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass 2 #6 by Mark Millar Kick-Ass 2 #7 by Mark Millar The School for Good and Evil 2 book collection The School for Good and Evil (1) and The School for Good and Evil (2) - A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil) by Soman Chainani Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1) by Zach Bohannon Last Pursuit (The Janus Group, #0.1) by Piers Platt Truth (New Reality #1) by Michael Robertson

Akines: Graphic novels/short stories. (view spoiler)
Lumberjanes #24 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #25 by Shannon Watters Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2 Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle, #1) by Hugh Lofting Pointless Conversations Are You Going to Heaven? by Scott Tierney Pointless Conversations What is Mr. Bean? by Scott Tierney Pointless Conversations - The Afterthoughts Collection by Scott Tierney Tyson Hesse's Diesel #4 by Tyson Hesse Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1) by Sarah Mlynowski The Indomitable Eve A Montana Romance Novella by Merry Farmer Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2) by Felicity Heaton Lumberjanes #26 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #27 (Lumberjanes, #27) by Shannon Watters My Love Story!!, Vol. 6 by Kazune Kawahara Déjà Date (Better Date than Never #9) by Susan Hatler Wizards (PhD Phantasy Degree #8) by Hee-Joon Son Moon & Madly (A Retelling of the Little Mermaid) A Grimm Diary by Cameron Jace Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) by Eve Langlais Heart of Hearts (Nurses of New York Book 4) by Amelia C. Adams Date and Dash (Better Date than Never #10) by Susan Hatler Lumberjanes #28 by Shannon Waters

The Cabbage Soup Diet: read books that you got for free. (view spoiler)
Wrapped in You (Laurel Heights, #10.5) by Kate Perry The Ultimate Guide to Beekeeping by August Powell Fathom Dawn of War Beginnings by Michael Lane Turner Harlequin Comics Best Selection Vol. 2 by Patricia Seeley Princess Stories by Igloo Books Ltd Depression 101 The Ultimate Guide to Beating Depression by Ryan McClain Becoming A Great Woman 101 by Jessica Snyder Diary Of a Wickedly Cool Witch Bullies and Baddies (The Wickedly Cool Witch series, #1) by Kate Cullen Old Greek Stories by James Baldwin Black Beauty by Anna Sewell In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1) by Rachel Schurig The Princess, the Pea and the Night of Passion (Passion-Filled Fairy Tales #1) by Rosetta Bloom Ocean's Justice (Ocean's Gift - Turbulence and Triumph Series, #1) by Demelza Carlton Tempted by the Jaguar Transformation and Revelation (Riverford Shifters Book 1) by Cristina Rayne Let's Call The Whole Thing Off by Jill Steeples Marauder Cygnus (Mating Wars #1) by Aya Morningstar My Big Curvy Dating Dilemma A BBW Curvy Romance (My Big Curvy Life Book 1) by Lorna Souther The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit Miracle On 5th Avenue Free Sample (From Manhattan with Love, Book 3) by Sarah Morgan The Cold King by Amber Jaeger Married to Maggie (Texas Boys Falling Fast) by Jan Romes Wyoming Wildflowers The Beginning (Wyoming Wildflowers, #0.5) by Patricia McLinn

message 46: by LT (last edited Sep 15, 2016 11:03PM) (new)

LT (litingwong) | 17 commentsNBRC TO-READ WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Time to kick my obese TBR list into shape!

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count: 547 (Updated: 16/09/2016)
2) List your desired end to-read book count: <460
3) Choose a diet method
4) Post results!
5) Repeat as necessary until you reach your goal

Date Started: 12th September 2016
Date Ended:

Atkins Diet
1) Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books (e.g. romances, 500+ page books, red covers).
3) Read!

Atkins Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

Atkins Diet Phase #2
(view spoiler)

Atkins Diet Phase #3
(view spoiler)

The Zone Diet
1) Choose one genre of book that you have on your to-read list.
2) Choose one series of book that you have on your to-read list.
3) Pick a number between 1 and 5.
4) Read at least 3 books from your to-read list in the genre selected.
5) Read the rest of the series of the series you have selected (that have been released).
6) Read 2 books on your to-read list that have X hundred pages based on the number you selected (e.g. If you selected 3, you would read 300-399 page books).

The Zone Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

South Beach Diet
2) Read!

South Beach Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

South Beach Diet Phase #2
(view spoiler)

Raw Food Diet
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors who self-published or have less than 2 published books.
2) Read!

Raw Food Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

Mediterranean Diet
1) Choose 5 books on your to-read list from authors born in countries other than your own.
2) Read!

Mediterranean Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

Banana Diet
1) Pick a random letter of the alphabet - link
2) Choose 5 books from your to-read list that start with this letter (or all books if there are less than 5).
3) Read!

Banana Diet Phase #1
(view spoiler)

Detox
2) Delete them!

Detox Phase #1
(view spoiler)

Detox Phase #2
(view spoiler)

message 47: by Suzanne (last edited Jan 19, 2017 07:37AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1131 comments I need this in my life :)

Nothing But Reading Challenges
Duration:
9/1/2016 - Til Done!

To-read list obesity is a complex disorder involving an excessive amount of unread books. This isn't only an organizational concern. It increases your risk of unfinished series and harms your ability to read books you care about, such as romance, thriller or even historical.

Being extremely book obese means you are especially likely to have unread books on your list.

The good news is that even modest to-read book loss can improve or prevent the problems associated with book obesity. Browsing changes, increased reading activity and behavior changes can help you lose to-read books. Prescription medications and weight-loss surgery will probably not help treating book obesity.

Cure your to-read list obesity today!

Challenge Steps
1) List your starting to-read book count:
2) List your desired end to-read book count: 16,890
3) Choose a diet method Atkins to Start!
4) Post results!

Progress: 8 out of 44

Diets
Atkins Diet

"Atkins low carb diet program uses a powerful life-time approach to successful weight loss."
This diet will focus your weight loss on a specific type of book which is great for people who have problems with a wide variety of to-read books.

- Pick the type of book you want to be your protein books. (e.g. Romances, 500+ page books, red covers)
- Choose at least 5 books of this type from your to-read list.
- Read!

Romance:
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë - *** - 9/6/2016 - 507 Pages
2. Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts - **** - 9/13/2016 - 336 Pages
3. Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts - **** - 9/20/2016 - 333 Pages
4. A Night of No Return by Sarah Morgan - *** - 11/15/2016 - 192 Pages
5. Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - *** - 12/1/2016 - 321 Pages
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts A Night of No Return (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #1) by Sarah Morgan Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9) by Nalini Singh

The Zone Diet

"The Zone Diet aims for a nutritional balance of 40% carbohydrates, 30% fats, and 30% protein each time we eat. The focus is also on controlling insulin levels, which result in more successful weight loss and body weight control."

This diet is a more balanced approach that spreads the weight loss to various issues in your to-read list.

- Choose one genre of book that you have on your to-read list = Urban Fantasy
- Choose one series of book that you have on your to-read list = Harry Dresden
- Pick a number between 1 and 5 = 3
- Read at least 3 books from your to-read list in the genre selected.
- Read the rest of the series of the series you have selected (that have been released.)
- Read 2 books on your to-read list that have X hundred pages based on the number you selected. (e.g. If you selected 3, you would read 300-399 page books).

Urban Fantasy Books
6. The Rook by Daniel O'Malley - ***** - 12/7/2016 - 496 Pages
7. Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett - ***** - 12/11/2016 - 358 Pages
8. Black Dog by Rachel Neumeier - ***** - 12/25/2016 - 448 Pages
The Rook (The Checquy Files, #1) by Daniel O'Malley Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett Black Dog (Black Dog, #1) by Rachel Neumeier

Harry Dresden Books (Finish the Series)
9. Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files (The Dresden Files, #12.5)
10. Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13)
11. Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14)
12. Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15)

Books with 300-399 Pages

Vegetarian Diet

Weight Watchers Diet

South Beach Diet

Raw Food Diet

Mediterranean Diet

Banana Diet

The Sleeping Beauty Diet

The Cabbage Soup Diet (view spoiler)

Detox (view spoiler)

message 48: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 236 comments Rachel's Diet Challenge
I picked the Vegetarian diet because I should be reading more books about animals for potential blogging/reviewing on my site.

Challenge Steps
Starting to-read book count: 840
Desired end to-read book count: 800
Diet method: Vegetarian
Start Date: 9/13/16

5 books on your to-read list with animals on the cover or that are about animals:
1. Animal Rights: A Historical Anthology
2. Slaughterhouse: The Shocking Story of Greed, Neglect, And Inhumane Treatment Inside the U.S. Meat Industry
3. The Vegetarian
4. Night of the Animals
5. Hide the Elephant

message 49: by Jenn (last edited Sep 17, 2016 06:02PM) (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1217 comments Part 4: August 1, 2016 to ????

Detox
(view spoiler)

message 50: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

welcome to the challenge, everyone!

« previous 1 3