Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2021 Challenge Archive > 2021 January Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11480 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
Alternately, you may choose a book with a character that somehow represents the name's meaning (in parentheses). Some of the meanings are pretty obscure, so feel free to be creative!
This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival)

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

Fun Facts about Jayne Ann Krentz-
* Jayne Ann Krentz is the author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers
* She writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle)
* Before she began writing full time she worked as a librarian
* Ms. Krentz lives in Seattle, Washington

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest ( Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!

You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Upon completion, please repost your challenge as it helps when updating, plus we all want to see all the pretty books you've read! You may update your original challenge as you go or repost if you choose.

Happy Reading!!

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11480 comments *

message 4: by Bookchaser (last edited Dec 31, 2020 10:33PM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1904 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

0/10 Completed

01. Happy January Birthday!: 🎂Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet.
Waking Up Wed by Christy Jeffries
OR
Trick My Truck But Don't Mess With My Heart by LuAnn McLane
OR
One Perfect Night by Bella Andre
OR
Meet Me In Scotland by Patience Griffin
02. Baby Names!: 👶🏻Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
Alternately, you may choose a book with a character that somehow represents the name's meaning (in parentheses). Some of the meanings are pretty obscure, so feel free to be creative!
This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival).
The Cottage at Firefly Lake by Jen Gilroy (Charlotte)
OR
Blitzing Emily by Julie Brannagh (Emily)
OR
In the Dog House by Traci Hall (Emma)
03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author ~ Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: 👩🏻‍💻Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name.
You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.
Amaryllis by Jayne Castle
OR
Good Neighbors by Sheila Roberts
OR
No Kind of Hero by Rosalind James
OR
Close to You by Kristen Proby
04. New Year's Day (January 1): 🎉Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
A Warrior's Heart by Margaret Moore
OR
All You Need is Love by Marie Force
OR
Love Once & Forever by Flora Speer
OR
Patchwork Family in the Outback by Soraya M. Lane
05. National Bubble Bath Day (January 8): 🛁Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
The One Who Stays by Toni Blake
OR
Then He Kissed Me by Laura Trentham
OR
Montana Promises by Kim Law
06. National Hat Day (January 15): 👒Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
A Creed In Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller
OR
The Best Man Plan by Jaci Burton
OR
Blue By You by Rachel Gibson
07. Penguin Awareness Day (January 20): 🐧Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Head Over Paws by Debbie Burns
OR
Ultimate Courage by Piper J. Drake
OR
The Shifter by Jean Johnson
08. Compliment Day (January 24): 🍭Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered).
Sweet Surprise by Candis Terry
OR
Sweet Stuff by Donna Kauffman
09. Hot Tea Month: ☕️Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe: A Novel with Recipes by Jenny Colgan
OR
Thankful in Good Hope by Cindy Kirk
10. Reader's Choice: 📚Read any book of your choice!

XXX Waking Up Wed (Sugar Falls, Idaho #2) by Christy Jeffries XXX Trick My Truck But Don't Mess With My Heart by Luann McLane XXX One Perfect Night (Seattle Sullivans #1; The Sullivans #9.5) by Bella Andre XXX Meet Me In Scotland (Kilts and Quilts, #2) by Patience Griffin XXX The Cottage at Firefly Lake (Firefly Lake, #1) by Jen Gilroy XXX Blitzing Emily (Love and Football, #1) by Julie Brannagh XXX In the Dog House by Traci Hall XXX Amaryllis (St. Helen's #1) by Jayne Castle XXX Good Neighbors (Life in Icicle Falls #2.5) by Sheila Roberts XXX No Kind of Hero (Portland Devils, #2) by Rosalind James XXX Close to You (Fusion, #2) by Kristen Proby XXX A Warrior's Heart (Warrior, #1) by Margaret Moore XXX All You Need is Love (Green Mountain, #1) by Marie Force XXX Love Once & Forever by Flora Speer XXX Patchwork Family in the Outback (Bellaroo Creek #3) by Soraya M. Lane XXX The One Who Stays (Summer Island, #1) by Toni Blake XXX Then He Kissed Me (Cottonbloom, #2) by Laura Trentham XXX Montana Promises (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #5) by Kim Law XXX A Creed In Stone Creek (Montana Creeds, #5) by Linda Lael Miller XXX The Best Man Plan (Boots and Bouquets, #1) by Jaci Burton XXX Blue By You by Rachel Gibson XXX Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5) by Debbie Burns XXX Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2) by Piper J. Drake XXX The Shifter (Shifting Plains #2) by Jean Johnson XXX Sweet Surprise (Sweet, Texas, #4) by Candis Terry XXX Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2) by Donna Kauffman XXX Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe A Novel with Recipes by Jenny Colgan XXX

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments Hey everyone! We're looking for victims volunteers to host our monthly challenges for the next several months. If you enjoy the Monthly Challenge and would like to give hosting a try (or if you're a seasoned veteran), please contact me via PM and we'll get things set up. Thanks!

PrinzessBookDragon | 153 comments I'll try this 🙃📚🫀

message 7: by Christine (last edited Feb 01, 2021 08:59PM) (new)

Christine (KizzieReads) (kizzie48) | 127 comments I'm in!

...10/10 Completed January 31

1. Happy January Birthday!: Blood Red Road by Moira Young January 8, 4 stars

2. Baby Names!: Character named Archer: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout January 6, 4 stars

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Gambler's Woman by Jayne Ann Krentz January 22, 3 stars

4. January 1- New Year's Day- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson January 13, 4 stars

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda January 18, 3 stars

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Runaway Cowboy by Judy Christenberry January 28, 4 stars

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Whisker of Evil by Rita Mae Brown January 31, 4 stars

8. January 24- Compliment Day- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn January 31, 4 stars

9. Hot Tea Month- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood January 18, 5 stars

10. Reader's Choice: Impostors by Scott Westerfeld January 16, 4 stars

Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Gambler's Woman by Jayne Ann Krentz The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda Runaway Cowboy (Lazy L Ranch) by Judy Christenberry Whisker of Evil (Mrs. Murphy, #12) by Rita Mae Brown The Grownup by Gillian Flynn Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1) by Jessica Spotswood Impostors (Impostors, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

message 8: by Jo (last edited Jan 23, 2021 10:30AM) (new)

Jo | 67 comments My spot!

1. Red on the cover - Bold Angel - Kat Martin - 1/18
2. Baby Names - Lucy King - A Scandal Made in London - 1/07
3. Jayne Ann Krentz- The Pirate
4. 1st in a series- Silk and Shadows - Mary Jo Putney
5. Water on the cover - Escape with the Navy Seal - Regan Black 1/15
6. Hat on cover - The Outlaws Mail Order Bride - Linda Broday
7. Animal in story - In Service of Love - Laurel Greer
8. Word in the title - Treasured Vows - Cathy Maxwell
9. T in title - Tomorrow the Glory - Shannon Drake 1/20
10. Choice - Love Forever After - Patricia Rice 1/23

Bold Angel by Kat Martin - A Scandal Made in London by Lucy King - The Pirate by Jayne Ann Krentz - Silk and Shadows by Mary Jo Putney - Escape with the Navy SEAL by Regan Black - The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride (Outlaw Mail Order Brides, #1) by Linda Broday - In Service of Love (Sutter Creek, Montana #5) by Laurel Greer - Treasured Vows  by Cathy Maxwell - Tomorrow the Glory by Shannon Drake - Love Forever After by Patricia Rice

message 9: by Sandra (last edited Jan 09, 2021 09:45AM) (new)

Sandra | 712 comments I'M IN!

1. red on the cover - His Fantasy Girl - Nina Croft - 3 JAN
2. an author with one of the baby names - The Eleventh Commandment - Jeffrey Archer - 4 JAN
3. Romantic Suspense - Deeper Evil - Vickie McKeehan - 5 JAN
4. first in a series - Dark Prince - Christine Feehan - 2 JAN
5. read a book in a relaxing spot - Mastering the Movie Star - Talia Hunter - 6 JAN
6. hat on the cover - Texas Prey - Barb Han - 3 JAN
7. animal in the story - Curiosity Thrilled the Cat - Sofie Kelly - 1 JAN
8. word in the title that attracts you to it - It's in His Kiss - Bria Quinlan - 2 JAN
9. 'T' in the title - Texas Hunt - Barb Han - 6 JAN
10. Reader's Choice - Fatal Affair - Marie Force - 7 JAN

His Fantasy Girl (Things to do Before You Die…, #1) by Nina Croft The Eleventh Commandment by Jeffrey Archer Deeper Evil (Evil Secrets Trilogy, #2) by Vickie McKeehan Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan Mastering the Movie Star by Talia Hunter Texas Prey (Mason Ridge #1) by Barb Han Curiosity Thrilled the Cat (A Magical Cats Mystery, #1) by Sofie Kelly It's in His Kiss (Brew Ha Ha, #0.5) by Bria Quinlan Texas Hunt (Mason Ridge #3) by Barb Han Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1) by Marie Force

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23476 comments Me!

message 11: by Rissa (last edited Jan 18, 2021 04:31AM) (new)

Rissa | 647 comments Woohoo, my spot for January 2021! :)

2021 January Monthly Challenge Read 10/10 FINISHED!!!!

✔1. {published in January} ~ Winter by Anyta Sunday finished 1/6/2021
✔2. {written by an author with one of the following popular baby names: Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light)} ~ Flakes by Lucy Lennox & May Archer finished 1/2/2021
✔3. {any book with 50 or more ratings} ~ An Everyday Hero by E.J. Russell finished 1/2/2021
✔4. {first in a series/new-to-you author} ~ Frosted Feelings by Emy Calirel finished 1/6/2021
✔5. {book with water on the cover} ~ Junk Mage by Elliot Cooper finished 1/1/2021
✔6. {hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown)/set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn} ~ Nailed by K.M. Neuhold finished 1/11/2021
✔7. {animal in the story/character that is nurturing} ~ His Prince by Mary Calmes finished 1/5/2021
✔8. {word in the title that attracts you to it} ~ Demon All the Way by Maz Maddox finished 1/13/2021
✔9. {nosy character/letter 'T' in the title or author's name} ~ After Felix by Lily Morton finished 1/8/2021
✔10. {my choice} ~ Finch by Piper Scott finished 1/4/2021

Winter (Signs of Love, #0.5) by Anyta Sunday Flakes (Licking Thicket #0.5) by Lucy Lennox An Everyday Hero by E.J. Russell Frosted Feelings by Emy Calirel Junk Mage by Elliot Cooper Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2) by K.M. Neuhold His Prince (House of Maedoc, #2) by Mary Calmes Demon All the Way by Maz Maddox After Felix (Close Proximity, #3) by Lily Morton Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3) by Piper Scott

message 12: by Frankie (last edited Jan 22, 2021 10:09PM) (new)

Frankie Johnson | 286 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

10/10 Completed. Finished

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
Minutes to Kill-Melinda Leigh 1/14

2. Baby Names! Read a book that is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names.
This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival)
Lucy Score-Whiskey Chaser 1/20

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle
You may also read a book shelved as Romantic Suspense
Lyrics on the Wind-Autumn Jones Lake 1/21

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series.
(Cold Justice Series)
A Cold Dark Place-Toni Anderson 1/22

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book with water on the cover.
Falling for Love-Marie Force 1/04

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site.
Come Back for Me-Corinne Michaels 1/04

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Animal Magnetism-Jill Shalvis 1/22

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
Hoping for Love-Marie Force 1/08

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
The Lying Game-Mickey Miller 1/06

The End Game-Mickey Miller 1/07
Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2) by Melinda Leigh Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1) by Lucy Score Lyrics on the Wind (Lost Kings MC, #17) by Autumn Jones Lake A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1) by Toni Anderson Falling for Love (Gansett Island, #4) by Marie Force Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1) by Corinne Michaels Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Hoping for Love (Gansett Island, #5) by Marie Force The Lying Game (Love Games, #1) by Mickey Miller The End Game (Love Games #2) by Mickey Miller

message 13: by Patrizia (last edited Jan 18, 2021 12:46AM) (new)

Patrizia | 102 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
5/5 romance

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
On the Run by Valerie Hansen 3 January; 4☆
On the Run by Valerie Hansen

2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name.

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest ( Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Puppy Love by Lucy Gilmore 6 January; 4 1/2☆
Puppy Love (Forever Home, #1) by Lucy Gilmore

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
hat on the cover and set in a ranch- Cowboy Up by Stacy Finz 17 January; 5☆
Cowboy Up (Dry Creek Ranch #1) by Stacy Finz

Desert Rescue by Lisa Phillips 10 Jnauary; 5☆
Desert Rescue (K-9 Search and Rescue #1) by Lisa Phillips

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Love Like Water by D.E. Malone 13 January; 3 1/2☆
Love Like Water (Hearts in Hendricks #1) by D.E. Malone

message 14: by Mary (last edited Jan 28, 2021 11:19AM) (new)

Mary | 161 comments my spot

2021 January Monthly Challenge
10/10

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet Sweet Water by Cara Reinard Sweet Water1/07/2021

This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival) The Grave Man The Grave Man (Sam Prichard #1) by David Archer 1/23/2021

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

* Jayne Ann Krentz is the author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers
* She writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle)

Sharp Edges Sharp Edges by Jayne Ann Krentz
1/03/2021

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author. Good Me, Bad Me by Ali Land Good Me, Bad Me1/22/2021 New to me author

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.The Summer Girls The Summer Girls (Lowcountry Summer #1) by Mary Alice Monroe 1/20/2021

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn. Montana (Mills & Boon M&B) by Debbie Macomber Montana1/17/2021 takes place on a ranch

A Good Yarn A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) by Debbie Macomber 1/10/2021 Cat Whiskers

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered) A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden, #6) by Charlaine Harris A Fool and His Honey1/24/2021

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name. This Calder Range This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) by Janet Dailey T in Janet 1/13/2021

Merry Christmas, Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #19) by James Patterson Merry Christmas, Alex Cross1/19/2021Monthly Challenge - January 2021

message 15: by Michaele (last edited Jan 18, 2021 08:41AM) (new)

Michaele | 4752 comments I'm in!

10/10
1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January Finders Keepers, N.R. Walker, 1/16

2. Baby Names! This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Mud & Lace, Jay Northcote, 1/15

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, Lucky In Loveland, K-lee Klein, 1/8

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author. Get a Life, Chloe Brown, Talia Hibbert, 1/2

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you The Redemption of River, Eli Easton, 1/17

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn. As Big as the Sky, Amy Aislin, 1/13

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing. So We Meet-Cute Again, Geneva Vand, 1/16

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title Merry Cherry Christmas, Keira Andrews, 1/4

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry Christmas Lane, Amy Aislin, 1/6

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice! Let Your Heart Be Light, J.R. Lawrie, 1/9

Finders Keepers by N.R. Walker Mud & Lace (Rainbow Place, #4) by Jay Northcote Lucky In Loveland (Welcome to Loveland, #1) by K-lee Klein Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1) by Talia Hibbert The Redemption of River (Sex in Seattle, #4) by Eli Easton As Big as the Sky by Amy Aislin So We Meet-Cute Again by Geneva Vand Merry Cherry Christmas by Keira Andrews Christmas Lane (Lighthouse Bay, #1) by Amy Aislin Let Your Heart Be Light by J.R. Lawrie

message 16: by M (last edited Jan 18, 2021 01:52PM) (new)

M | 638 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
10/10 read
COMPLETED!!

✅ 1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 by Lylah James 1/5/21

✅ 2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
The Initiation by Nikki Sloane
(the h's sister is named Emily) 4 stars 1/15/21

✅ 3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

Forever Wild by K.A. Tucker(set in Alaska) 4 stars 1/3/21

✅ 4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Striker by Rachel Leigh 4 stars 1/1/21

✅ 5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
The Score by Elle Kennedy (LOVE this series!!) 5 stars 1/8/21

✅ 6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Manfax by Jacob Chance (hard hat on cover and H is in construction) 3.5 stars 1/18/2021

✅ 7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Shacking Up by Helena Hunting 3.5/4 stars 1/7/21 (ferret in book)

✅ 8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered) .
The Obsession by Nikki Sloane 4 stars 1/16/21

✅ 9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
The Fourth Time Charm by Maya Hughes 3.5 stars 1/10/21

✅ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!
The Mistake by Elle Kennedy 4.5 stars 1/4/21

1 The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James 2 The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1) by Nikki Sloane 3 Forever Wild (The Simple Wild, #2.5) by K.A. Tucker 4 Striker (Redwood Rebels #1) by Rachel Leigh 5 The Score (Off-Campus, #3) by Elle Kennedy 6 Manfax by Jacob Chance 7 Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1) by Helena Hunting 8 The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2) by Nikki Sloane 9 The Fourth Time Charm (Fulton U, #4) by Maya Hughes 10 The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy

message 17: by Elaine (last edited Jan 12, 2021 03:39AM) (new)

Elaine | 288 comments Monthly Challenge ~ January 2021

Read 10/10

1. Published in January: His Perfect Bride Heather Boyd 5☆ 8/1/21
2. Character Lucy: Piper's Proposal Aileen Fish 2☆ 5/1/21
3. Book with over 50 ratings: The Tempting of a Devilish Lord Samantha Holt 5☆ 7/1/21
4. 1st in series: The Legend of a Rogue Darcy Burke 5☆ 8/1/21
5. Relaxing book: The Gift of Love Meara Platt 5☆ 9/1/21
6. Hat covering: A Ramshackle Start Heather Boyd 4☆ 3/1/21
7. Animal in story: Her Night with the Duke Diana Quincy 4☆ 10/1/21
8. Sweet sounding title: Smitten with My Christmas Minx Dawn Brower 5☆ 6/1/21
9. Letter T in title: The Mistletoe Mistake of Miss Grayson Maggie Dallen 5☆ 12/1/21
10. Reader's Choice: To Kiss a Highland Rose Tamara Gill 5☆ 11/1/21

His Perfect Bride (Distinguished Rogues, #15) by Heather Boyd Piper's Proposal (12 Days of Christmas, #11) by Aileen Fish The Tempting of a Devilish Lord (The Lords of Scandal Row Book 2) by Samantha Holt The Legend of a Rogue (League of Rogues #0.5) by Darcy Burke The Gift of Love (The Book of Love #8) by Meara Platt A Ramshackle Start by Heather Boyd Her Night with the Duke (Clandestine Affairs, #1) by Diana Quincy Smitten with My Christmas Minx A Historical Holiday Romance (Linked Across Time, #15) by Dawn Brower The Mistletoe Mistake of Miss Grayson (School of Charm #5) by Maggie Dallen To Kiss a Highland Rose (Kiss the Wallflower, #6) by Tamara Gill

message 18: by Elaine (last edited Jan 23, 2021 04:39PM) (new)

Elaine Monthly Challenge - January 2021

Challenge Accepted: January 1, 2021
Challenge Completed: January 22, 2021

1. Book published in January Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano 1-3-21 (Pub. 1-6-20)
2. MC named: Lucy The Hating Game by Sally Thorne 1-4-21 (Lucy Hutton)
3. Read a book by JAK (a fave author!) All the Colors of Night 1-22-21
4. First in a series Fated by Benedict Jacka 1-2-21
5. Relaxing read Wish by A.J. Sherwood 1-8-21
6. Hat on cover or set on a ranch Touch Me Gently by J.R. Loveless 1-17-21
7. Animal story or nurturing character Comfort and Joy by Alexa Land 1-13-21
8. Sweet sounding title Sterling's Treasure by Taylor Rylan 1-11-21
9. T in the author's name War's Mate by Taylor Rylan 1-9-21
10. Reader's choice First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 1-9-21

message 19: by Emily (last edited Jan 21, 2021 11:13AM) (new)

Emily | 826 comments 1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
Repeat Offender by Lani Lynn Vale 1.1
2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival)
Shane by jessica Gadziala 1.16 (Lea is Emily)
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

Alphahole by D.D. Prince 1.9 (CALIFORNIA)
4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Ruined by Paula Morris 1.4
Public Scandal, Private Mistress by Susan Napier 1.2
6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Cocklift by KC Lynn 1.5
7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Connected in Code by Ryan Michele 1.1
8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
Guilty Pleasure by Jessica Prince 1.11
9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Miss Typed by Aubrey Bondurant 1.10
10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!
No Place To Hide by Opa Wie 1.11

message 20: by Tiki (last edited Jan 16, 2021 10:53PM) (new)

Tiki  | 355 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
4/4. 7/7 10/10 COMPLETED

❄️1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
The Virgin Manny The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1) by Amy Lane by: Amy Lane (01/10/21)

❄️2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
Bound Together Bound Together (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #6) by Christine Feehan by: Christine Feehan (01/15/21)

❄️3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest ( Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska), or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.
Dashing Through the Snow Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber by: Debbie Macomber (01/05/21)

❄️4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Christmas Bodyguard Christmas Bodyguard (Guardians, Inc., #1) by Margaret Daley by; Margaret Daley (01/09/21)

❄️5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
Judgment Road Judgment Road (Torpedo Ink #1) by Christine Feehan by: Christine Feehan (01/13/21)

❄️6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1) by Katie Ruggle by: Katie Ruggle (01/15/21)

❄️7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
On the Edge On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews by: Ilona Andrews (01/11/21)

❄️8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
Baby, Be Mine Baby, Be Mine (Thompson & Sons #1; Rocky Mountain House #7) by Vivian Arend by: Vivian Arend (01/16/21)

❄️9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Her Perfect Mate Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, #1) by Paige Tyler by: Paige Tyler (01/08/21)

❄️10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!
Leashed Leashed (Dark Underbelly, #3) by Candace Blevins by: Candace Blevins (01/08/21)

message 21: by Pam from Maine (last edited Jan 21, 2021 11:54AM) (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet Hope Flames 1/2

This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival) The Tailor's Daughter

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author -

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest ( Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. Petal Plucker

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author. Prime Minister

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day a book with water on the cover.
About That Kiss 1/10/21

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn. Beach Town 1/13

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing. The Bachelor's Baby 1/14

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered) My Forever Home Cause I am a huge dog lover.

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name. Low Country Hero by Lee Tobin McClain

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice! Dumplin'

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Mitchell | 4 comments I'm in for 2 of them :-)

0/2 Completed

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• | 540 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
Completed 10/10

✔️1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January

I'll Be Dammed by Mandy Rosko I'll Be Dammed by Mandy Rosko - 03/01/2021

✔️2. Baby Names! Read a book with a character that somehow represents the name's meaning Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery) - Genevieve is excellent with a bow

Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2) by Maya Banks Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks - 07/01/2021

✔️3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read a book with 50 or more rating (448 ratings)

'Roo and the Angel (Furry United Coalition, #7) by Eve Langlais 'Roo and the Angel by Eve Langlais - 02/01/2021

✔️4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is a new-to-you author.

Green City Savior by Christen Civiletto Green City Savior by Christen Civiletto - 01/01/2021

✔️5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you

Goose and the Ocelot by Renee Hewett Goose and the Ocelot by Renee Hewett - 03/01/2021

✔️6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (he's holding his hat)

The Obsessions of Lord Godfrey Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs, #4) by Stephanie Laurens The Obsessions of Lord Godfrey Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens - 01/01/2021

✔️7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story

The Unseen (Elder Races, #9.9) by Thea Harrison The Unseen by Thea Harrison - 02/01/2021

✔️8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it

Diamond in the Ruff (Pedigree #2, FUC Academy, #14) by Jodi Kendrick Diamond in the Ruff by Jodi Kendrick - 13/01/2021

✔️9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title

Panda and the Kitty (Furry United Coalition #8) by Eve Langlais Panda and the Kitty by Eve Langlais - 03/01/2021

✔️10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!

Bat and the Bone by Alexa Gregory Bat and the Bone by Alexa Gregory - 04/01/2021

message 24: by Mell (last edited Jan 31, 2021 04:58PM) (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 221 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
9/5 completed

1. Happy January Birthday!
Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
More Than Friends
✔ 12.01.2021 ★★★★
More Than Friends (Friends, #2) by Monica Murphy

2. Baby Names!
Read a book that includes a character or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them.
One Night - character named Em
✔ 03.01.2021 ★★★★

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle
Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name.

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.
Just Friends - 2,600 ratings
✔ 06.01.2021 ★★★

4. January 1- New Year's Day
Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Cabernet and Confessions (Barossa Valley Cozy Mystery #1)
✔ 03.01.2021 ★★★★

5. January 8-National Bubble Bath Day
Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
Saving Grace - set at a resort
✔ 31.01.2021 ★★★★

6. January 15- National Hat Day
Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Loving Cara - set on ranch
✔ 27.01.2021 ★★★★★

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day
Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Seducing Lauren - Ty is a nurturing H
✔ 28.01.2021 ★★★★★

8. January 24- Compliment Day
Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it
You Promised Me Forever
✔ 18.01.2021 ★★★★★

9. Hot Tea Month
Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Misadventures of a City Girl
✔ 11.01.2021 ★★★★

10. Reader's Choice
Read any book of your choice!
Forever
✔ 14.01.2021 ★★★★★

message 25: by Sonja (last edited Dec 29, 2020 12:24PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1160 comments Planned: 5 books
Actual: ___

Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

2. Baby Names!
Read a book that includes a character or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them.

Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name.

Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.

Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.

Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.

Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it

9. Hot Tea Month
Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.

10. Reader's Choice
Read any book of your choice

message 26: by Kecha (new)

Kecha Brown (lovelyladyk) | 9 comments I'm In

message 27: by Catherine (last edited Jan 24, 2021 07:34AM) (new)

Catherine Russell | 88 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

9 of 10 completed.

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet.

2. Baby Names: Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them

Book: Heart Strings by Melanie Moreland (Charles is Heroine's Father)
Read: 7 Jan, 2021
Rating: ★★★★☆
Review: Heart Strings
Link:
Heart Strings by Melanie Moreland

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author: Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest ( Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.
Book: See Me After Class by Meghan Quinn (4518 ratings)
Read: 10 Jan, 2021
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Review: See Me After Class
Link:
See Me After Class by Meghan Quinn

4. January 1- New Year's Day: Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Book: Embrace the Darkness by Ashley N. Rostek (New-To-Me Author)
Read: 4 Jan, 2021
Review: Embrace the Darkness
Link:
Embrace the Darkness (Maura Quinn #1) by Ashley N. Rostek

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day: Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
Book: Virgin for the Woodsman by Eddie Cleveland (Water on the Cover)
Read: 9 Jan, 2021
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Review: Virgin for the Woodsman
Link:
Virgin for the Woodsman (The Woodsman, #2) by Eddie Cleveland

6. January 15- National Hat Day: Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Book: First In by Danika Bloom (Firefighters)
Read: 5 Jan, 2021
Review: First In
Link:
First In (The Mixed Six Pack, #1) by Danika Bloom

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day: Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Book: The Bargain by R.G. Angel (Nurturing Character)
Read: 2 Jan, 2021
Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Review: The Bargain
Link:
The Bargain by R.G. Angel

8. January 24- Compliment Day: Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered).
Book: Unleashing Sin by A.M. Wilson (Title that Attracts)
Read: 19 Jan, 2021
Review: Unleashing Sin
Link:
Unleashing Sin by A.M. Wilson

9. Hot Tea Month: Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Book: Holding on To Forever by Siobhan Davis
Read: 14 Jan, 2021
Review: Holding on to Forever
Link:
Holding on to Forever by Siobhan Davis

Book: Lost Boy by Ker Dukey
Read: 22 Jan, 2021
Review: Lost Boy
Link:
Lost Boy by Ker Dukey

message 28: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Feb 02, 2021 02:49PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 1057 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
Progress: 10/10

Mercenary Abduction by Eve Langlais ~ 01/04
published: 01/29/13

2. Baby Names!

Love Hacked by Penny Reid ~ 01/08 (Free Man)
~Hero is free from those trying to use and/or imprison him

The Broken Duke by Jess Michaels ~ 01/02
1140 rating (50+ ratings)

Girl in Luv by Jay Crownover ~ 01/01
#1 in the In Luv Duet

Shock Advised by Lani Lynn Vale ~ 01/29 ~ Read while relaxing in bed

Miss Kane's Christmas (Christmas Central #1) by Caroline Mickelson by Caroline Mickelson ~ 01/03 (Santa Hat)

Bastard Bachelor Society by Sara Ney ~ 01/06 (A cat)

Christmas with the Sheriff by Victoria James ~ 01/01/03 ~~ Christmas is what attracted me to it. Favorite Holiday

9. Hot Tea Month

Restored by Kate Canterbary ~ 01/04

10. Reader's Choice

Final Play by Eden Finley ~ 01/05

message 29: by Connie N. (last edited Feb 04, 2021 01:24PM) (new)

Connie N. | 1127 comments I'm in! I'll try for all 10 and see how it goes.

Timeframe: 1/1/21 to 1/31/21
10/10

1. Happy January Birthday! - Red on the cover - You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister - 1/11/21 ♥♥♥♥
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey #1) by Katie MacAlister

2. Baby Names! - Character with one of the following popular baby names - Emily - One More Taste by Melissa Cutler - 1/14/21 ♥♥♥♥
One More Taste (One and Only Texas, #2) by Melissa Cutler
Emily Ford is the main female character.

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle - Set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington) - Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple - 1/2/21 ♥♥♥♥
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple

4. January 1- New Year's Day - First in a series AND is a new-to-you author - Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin - 1/4/21 ♥♥
Christmas at Lilac Cottage (White Cliff Bay, #1) by Holly Martin
#1 White Cliff Bay

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day - That you think will relax you - The Corner of Holly and Ivy by Debbie Mason - 1/23/21 ♥♥♥
The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor, #7) by Debbie Mason
Holiday books are generally relaxing.

6. January 15- National Hat Day - Hat on the cover - Grave Peril by Jim Butcher - 1/28/21 ♥♥♥♥
Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day - Character that is nurturing – Rough & Ready by Tracy Wolff - 1/8/21 ♥♥♥♥
Rough & Ready (Lightning, #3) by Tracy Wolff
Elara is the owner/leader at a rec center, and she spends a lot of time building confidence and inspiring hope in the local youth. I was impressed with how good she was a “reading” the kids and handling them appropriately.

8. January 24- Compliment Day - Word in the title that attracts you to it - WIN - Play to Win by Kelly Jamieson - 1/30/21 ♥♥♥♥
Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1) by Kelly Jamieson
And the cover was pretty attractive too!

9. Hot Tea Month - With the letter 'T' in the title or author's name - Author’s name Thomas - Somewhere Along The Way by Jodi Thomas - 1/7/21 ♥♥♥♥
Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2) by Jodi Thomas

10. Reader's Choice - Any book - Take Me Harder by Jackie Ashenden - 1/18/21 ♥♥♥♥
Take Me Harder (Texas Bounty, #3) by Jackie Ashenden

******CHALLENGE COMPLETE 1/30/21*****

message 30: by Sarena (last edited Jan 23, 2021 06:45PM) (new)

Sarena | 38 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

4/10

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
The Blacksmith Queen
The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1) by G.A. Aiken

2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms).

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover
If I'm Being Honest
If I'm Being Honest by Emily Wibberley

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name
Topaz
Topaz by Beverly Jenkins

Let Me Hold You
Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2) by Alexandria House

message 31: by JoAnne (last edited Jan 19, 2021 04:57PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 345 comments January Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/10 DONE!

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January
Giving In To Love A Friends with Benefits Office Romance (Strong Brothers Book 2) by Ajme Williams Giving In To Love: A Friends with Benefits Office Romance (Strong Brothers Book 2) by Ajme Williams 1/9/21 3.5stars (1/8/21)

2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC)
Her Kind of Cowboy by Dylann Crush Her Kind of Cowboy (Tying the Knot in Texas #2) by Dylann Crush 1/16/21 4stars (Charlene female variation of Charles)

You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska)
The Ballad of Hattie Taylor by Susan Andersen The Ballad of Hattie Taylor by Susan Andersen 1/7/21 5stars (Oregon and Seattle)

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book by a new-to-you author.
All Bags Go to Cleveland by C.S. Hale All Bags Go to Cleveland by C.S. Hale 1/4/21 4stars

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or a book with water on the cover.
Our Italian Summer by Jennifer Probst Our Italian Summer by Jennifer Probst 1/11/21 5stars (takes place in Italy, the land of my ancestors and a place I hope to visit again)

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown)
First Light in Morning Star by Charlotte Hubbard First Light in Morning Star (Maidels of Morning Star #2) by Charlotte Hubbard 1/3/21 4stars (prayer kapp)

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story
The Agent (The Consultants, #3) by Nancy Herkness The Agent (The Consultants #3) by Nancy Herkness 1/2/21 4.5stars (horses)

8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
Special Ops Seduction (Alaska Force, #5) by Megan Crane Special Ops Seduction (Alaska Force #5) by Megan Crane 1/19/21 4.5stars (Seduction)

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Dating My Brother's Best Friend by Sofia T Summers Dating My Brother's Best Friend (Brother's Best Friend #6) by Sofia T. Summers 1/10/21 4stars (Kelly - nosy and thinks a lot of her own abilities; T in dating, brother's, best and middle initial of author)

He Never Forgot (Zachary Goldman Mysteries, #9) by P.D. Workman He Never Forgot (Zachary Goldman Mysteries #9) by P.D. Workman 1/14/2021 4stars

message 32: by Barbara ★ (last edited Feb 02, 2021 05:33PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3707 comments January Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/10

✔ 1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
The Smallest Part - Amy Harmon 1/15

✔ 2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them
The Unhandsome Prince - John Moore (Emily, apprentice) 1/17

✔ 3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz or any author with her first or last name.
The Awakening - Nora Roberts 1/22

✔ 4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Prisoner - Annika Martin & Skye Warren 1/16

✔ 5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
The Legend Makers - Catherine Lanigan 1/15

✔ 6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
A Second Chance - Jodi Taylor (helmet) 1/29

✔ 7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
A New Leash on Death - Susan Conant (MC is a dog) 1/23

✔ 8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
The Pretty Ones - Ania Ahlborn 1/27

✔ 9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
To Kill a Sorcerer - Greg Mongrain 1/1

✔ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!
Half-Off Ragnarok - Seanan McGuire 1/8

The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon The Unhandsome Prince by John Moore The Awakening (The Dragon Heart Legacy, #1) by Nora Roberts Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1) by Annika Martin The Legend Makers by Catherine Lanigan A Second Chance (The Chronicles of St. Mary's #3) by Jodi Taylor A New Leash on Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #1) by Susan Conant The Pretty Ones by Ania Ahlborn To Kill a Sorcerer (Immortal Montero, #1) by Greg Mongrain Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid, #3) by Seanan McGuire

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 33: by ♥Lynn ♥ (last edited Jan 25, 2021 02:02PM) (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 60 comments I'm in!!

8/10 Read

1. Book published in January: Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews
2. MC or Author named: Archer: One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London
3. Read a book with more than 50 ratings:Shortcake by Lucy Watson
4. First in a series OR new to you author: The Vow by Dannika Dark
5. Relaxing read or water on the cover- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
6. Hat on cover or set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn: Cherish Hard by Nalini Singh
7. Animal story or nurturing character: Cooper's Charm by Lori Foster
8. Word that attracts you: Mayhem by Jamie Shaw
9. T in the title or author's name OR MC in food industry OR nosy character: Seven Years by Dannika Dark
10. Reader's choice: Sadie by Courtney Summers

Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1) by Ilona Andrews One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London Shortcake by Lucy Watson The Vow (Black Arrowhead, #1) by Dannika Dark Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1) by Nalini Singh Cooper's Charm (Summer Resort, #1) by Lori Foster Mayhem (Mayhem, #1) by Jamie Shaw Seven Years (Seven, #1; Mageriverse #7) by Dannika Dark Sadie by Courtney Summers

message 34: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jan 27, 2021 01:37PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 930 comments January Monthly Challenge
Duration: 1 - 31 Jan

Read: 10/10

✔ 01. Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover Dead Speak 1/2

✔ 02. Read a book that includes a character or author with one of the following popular baby names OR read a book with a character that somehow represents the name's meaning (in parentheses).
This month's names: Charles ( Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival). The Graveyard Shift 1/15

✔ 03. read a book set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska) , or read any book with 50 or more ratings, or is shelved as Romantic Suspense Shadows in Death 1/7

✔ 04. Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author. Doubleback 1/8

✔ 05. Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover. Cry Wolf 1/14

✔ 06. Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn. Winter's Knight 1/19

✔ 07. Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing. An Egg for Ansel 1/1

✔ 08. Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. Dark Arts and a Daiquiri 1/5

✔ 09. Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name. The Troll Whisperer 1/24

✔ 10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice! Mad Lizard Mambo 1/22

Dead Speak (Cold Case Psychic #1) by Pandora Pine The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5) by Darynda Jones Shadows in Death (In Death, #51) by J.D. Robb Doubleback (Doubleback, #1) by Lissa Ford Cry Wolf (Big Bad Wolf, #5) by Charlie Adhara Winter's Knight (L'Ange #3.5) by Mary Calmes An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2) by Amy Bellows Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #2) by Annette Marie The Troll Whisperer (The Troll Whisperer, #1) by Sera Trevor Mad Lizard Mambo (Kai Gracen, #2) by Rhys Ford

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1104 comments I’m in....

message 36: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 345 comments I'm in

message 37: by Aminko (last edited Feb 06, 2021 03:16PM) (new)

Aminko | 560 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
January 1 to January 31, 2021
Read: 1/10

Wolf Gone Wild by Juliette Cross

2. Baby Names! Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Zinnia by Jayne Castle

4. January 1- New Year's Day: Dragon Desire by Emilia Hartley

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day: - Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

6. January 15- National Hat Day: Slow Burn by Pamela Clare

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day: - Alpha's Desire by Renee Rose

8. January 24- Compliment Day: Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels

9. Hot Tea Month: The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant

10. Reader's Choice: Striker by Lilly Atlas (24/1/2021)

Wolf Gone Wild (Stay a Spell, #1) by Juliette Cross Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden Zinnia (St. Helen's, #2) by Jayne Castle Dragon Desire (Tooth & Claw #1) by Emilia Hartley Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber Slow Burn (Colorado High Country #2) by Pamela Clare Alpha's Desire (Shifter Fight Club #1) by Renee Rose Sweet Addiction (Sweet Addiction, #1) by J. Daniels The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant Striker (No Prisoners MC, #1) by Lilly Atlas

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 809 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

"1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January,
or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet"
"2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or
is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names,
or any variation or nickname of one of them
(example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
Alternately, you may choose a book with a character
that somehow represents the name's meaning (in parentheses).
Some of the meanings are pretty obscure, so feel free to be creative!
This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery),
Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival)"
"3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle:
Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name"
"5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day- Read a book that you think will relax you
or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover."
"6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown)
or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn."
"7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Read a book with an animal in the story
or a book with a character that is nurturing."
"8. January 24- Compliment Day- Read a book with a sweet sounding title
or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it."
"9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry
or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name."

message 39: by Jennie-Lee~abookishwonderer~ (last edited Jan 05, 2021 03:31PM) (new)

Jennie-Lee~abookishwonderer~ (abookishwonderer) | 42 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
Read: 0/10

Read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

2. Baby Names!

🎇A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole

9. Hot Tea Month

10. Reader's Choice

A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole

message 40: by Jessica (last edited Jan 22, 2021 06:20PM) (new)

Jessica (jess_77) | 21 comments I'm in for January....goal is to read 5 of the 10 prompts.

🎉2021 January Monthly Challenge🎉

Read: 5 / 5 Woo Hoo! Goal met!

1. Happy January Birthday!:
🎉Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

112 Bliss Blvd. by Frankie Love; Date Read: 01/13/21; Rating: 3

2. Baby Names!
🎉Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle:
🎉Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

4. January 1 - New Year's Day
🎉Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.

105 Desire Dr. by Hope Ford; Date Read: 01/13/21; Rating: 3

5.January 8 - National Bubble Bath Day
🎉Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.

6. January 15 - National Hat Day
🎉Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.

7. January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day
🎉Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.

Roommaid by Sariah Wilson; Date Read: 01/16/21; Rating: 3 (Dog in Story)

8. January 24 - Compliment Day
🎉Read a book with a sweet sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)

9. Hot Tea Month
🎉Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover; Date Read: 01/06/21; Rating: 4

10. Reader's Choice:
🎉Read any book of your choice!

Layla by Colleen Hoover; Date Read: 01/15/21; Rating: 3.5

112 Bliss Blvd. (A Cherry Falls Romance #2) by Frankie Love 105 Desire Dr. (A Cherry Falls Romance #1) by Hope Ford Roommaid by Sariah Wilson It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover Layla by Colleen Hoover

message 41: by Mary (new)

Mary Hogan | 2 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge

Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

message 42: by April (new)

April Raimond | 1095 comments I’m in hope to read all ten.

Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet

You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

message 43: by Wanda (last edited Jan 25, 2021 08:33AM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 9 comments Still have some challenges that spanned 2020 to 2021 but I will attempt this one.

10/10 Completed

01. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet.
The Gospel of Loki-Joanne M. Harris-1/21/21-👺👺👺👺
The Gospel of Loki by Joanne M. Harris

02. Baby Names!: 👶🏻Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).
March: Book Three-John Lewis-1/2/21-*****
March Book Three (March, #3) by John Lewis

03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author ~
You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings. (145 ratings)
Yuletide at Moonglow-Deborah Garner-1/11/21-💘💘💘💘💘
Yuletide at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas #6) by Deborah Garner

04. New Year's Day (January 1): 🎉Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
The Highlander-Zoe Saadia-1/4/21-***
#1-The Rise of the Aztecs Series
The Highlander by Zoe Saadia

05. National Bubble Bath Day (January 8): Read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
The Winter Sea-Susanna Kearsley-1/17/21-👑👑👑👑👑
The Winter Sea (Slains, #1) by Susanna Kearsley

06. National Hat Day (January 15): 👒Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown)
Kindred Spirits-Sarah Strohmeyer-1/15/21-💕💕💕💕💕
Kindred Spirits by Sarah Strohmeyer

07. Penguin Awareness Day (January 20): 🐧Read a book with an animal in the story.
How to Raise an Elephant-Alexander McCall Smith-1/6/21-🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘
How to Raise an Elephant (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #21) by Alexander McCall Smith

08. Compliment Day (January 24): 🍭Read a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. The word is Christmas
Christmas at the End of Main-Meg Easton-1/14/21-🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼
Christmas at the End of Main (Nestled Hollow, #2) by Meg Easton

09. Hot Tea Month: ☕️Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Shroud for the Archbishop-Peter Tremayne-1/3/21-****
Shroud for the Archbishop (Sister Fidelma, #2) by Peter Tremayne

10. Reader's Choice: 📚Read any book of your choice!
In Pursuit of the Green Lion-Judith Merkle Riley-1/24/21-🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
In Pursuit of the Green Lion (Margaret of Ashbury, #2) by Judith Merkle Riley

message 44: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1765 comments I'm in for six this month.

message 45: by LaurLa (last edited Feb 03, 2021 04:55AM) (new)

LaurLa | 3825 comments January Monthly Challenge
January 2021

My Monthly Challenge (msg 45)

Books Read: 10

Echoes in Death (In Death, #44) by J.D. Robb White Heat (T-FLAC, #11; Black Rose Trilogy #2) by Cherry Adair When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) by Brenda Novak Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff There Goes My Heart (Maine Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #20) by Bella Andre Dawn of Surrender (The MacKenzie Family, #12.5) by Liliana Hart Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5) by Deirdre Martin Last Year's Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway, #8) by Anne McAllister Tell Me No Lies by Rachel Ann Nunes Just Not Mine (Escape to New Zealand, #6) by Rosalind James

1. Happy January Birthday!
🔹Read a book with red on the cover
🔹Echoes in Death - 01.14 ★★★★

2. Baby Names!
🔹Read a book with a character with one of the following popular baby names - Emily
🔹White Heat - 01.22 ★★★★

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle
🔹Read a book by any author who has won an award
🔹When Snow Falls - 01.05 ★★★★

4. January 1 - New Year's Day
🔹Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author
🔹Accidentally in Love with...a God? - 01.03 ★★★

5. January 8 - National Bubble Bath Day
🔹Read a book with water on the cover
🔹There Goes My Heart - 01.24 ★★★★

6. January 15 - National Hat Day
🔹Read a book with a hat
🔹Dawn of Surrender - 01.09 ★★★★

7. January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day
🔹Read a book with an animal in the story
🔹Chasing Stanley - 01.09 ★★★

8. January 24 - Compliment Day
🔹Read a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it
🔹Last Year's Bride - 01.23 ★★★

9. Hot Tea Month
🔹Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title
🔹Tell Me No Lies - 01.10 ★★★

10. Reader's Choice
🔹Read any book of your choice!
🔹Just Not Mine - 01.30 ★★★★

message 46: by Susan (last edited Jan 26, 2021 06:32AM) (new)

Susan (scoutmomskf) | 1716 comments I'm in

10/10

1. Happy January Birthday!:
⛄Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet
Portrait of a Forbidden Love - Bronwyn Scott (HH #1550 - Jan 2021) - Jan 5

2. Baby Names!
⛄Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc).

The Yarn Spinner - Deborah Smith (Belle Books - Jan 2014) (Lucy) - Jan 14

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle:
⛄Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle

Agent Under Siege - Lena Diaz (HI #1973 - Jan 2021) (romantic suspense) - Jan 3

4. January 1- New Year's Day:
⛄Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author.
Her Texas New Year's Wish - Michelle Major (HSE #2809 - Jan 2021) - Jan 4

5. January 8-National Bubble Bath Day:
⛄Read a book that you think will relax you or read a book in a relaxing spot or a book with water on the cover.
Ultimate Showdown - Addison Fox (HRS #2115 - Dec 2020) - Jan 14

6. January 15 - National Hat Day:
⛄Read a book with a hat or other head covering on the cover (i.e. helmet, scarf, crown) or a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
Crime Scene Cover-Up - Julie Miller (HI #1969 - Dec 2020) (firefighter) - Jan 25

7. January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day:
⛄Read a book with an animal in the story or a book with a character that is nurturing.
Her Mountainside Haven - Jo McNally (HSE #2820 - Feb 2021) (dog) - Jan 26

8. January 24 - Compliment Day:
⛄Read a book with a sweet-sounding title or a book with a word in the title that attracts you to it. (i.e. Ice Cream Lover, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, Hot and Badgered)
Bare Devotion - Geri Krotow (Lyrical Press - Sept 2018) (devotion) - Jan 19

9. Hot Tea Month:
⛄Read a book with a nosy character or a character in the food industry or a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name
The Duke and I - Julia Quinn (Avon - Jan 2000) (nosy = Lady Whistledown) - Jan 12

10. Reader's Choice:
⛄Read any book of your choice!
Redwood - Janie Crouch (Calamittie Jane Publishing - Jan 2021) - Jan 6

Portrait of a Forbidden Love A Sexy Regency Romance by Bronwyn Scott The Yarn Spinner A Crossroads Café Short Story (The MacBrides, #2.5) by Deborah Smith Agent Under Siege (The Justice Seekers, #2) by Lena Diaz Her Texas New Year's Wish (The Fortunes of Texas The Hotel Fortune Book 1) by Michelle Major Colton 911 Ultimate Showdown (Colton 911 Grand Rapids #6) by Addison Fox Crime Scene Cover-Up by Julie Miller Her Mountainside Haven by Jo McNally Bare Devotion (The Bayou Bachelors #2) by Geri Krotow The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn Redwood (Linear Tactical #11) by Janie Crouch

message 47: by Leigh (last edited Jan 26, 2021 01:04PM) (new)

Leigh | 269 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges

Completed: 10/10
1. Happy January Birthday!: Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon1/1

2. Baby Names! (To Strive or Excel)Dolly Parton, Songteller My Life in Lyrics by Dolly Parton Dolly Parton1/9 Dolly strives to excel

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers1/12

4. January 1- New Year's Day- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss1/4

5.January 8-National Bubble Bath Day-Hideaway by Nora Roberts1/7

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher1/5

7. January 20- Penguin Awareness Day- Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher1/8

8. January 24- Compliment Day- The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts1/26

9. Hot Tea Month- Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2) by Loretta Chase1/11

Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher 1/14

message 48: by Melissa (last edited Jan 23, 2021 08:39AM) (new)

Melissa Mccabe | 35 comments Completed 0/10

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle - Witchcraft- Finished

4. January 1- New Year's Day- Read a book that is first in a series or is a new-to-you author. - Tiny Pretty Things- Finished

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice!-Long Bright River

message 49: by Mave (last edited Feb 01, 2021 02:34PM) (new)

Mave | 191 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
Timeframe: 1/1/21 to 1/31/21
Completed: 4/5

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name.

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter,01/24/21

6. January 15- National Hat Day- Read a book set on a farm, ranch, construction site, or other place a hat/head covering would be worn.
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates,01/31/21

9. Hot Tea Month- Read a book with the letter 'T' in the title or author's name.
Hot Six by Janet Evanovich,01/11/21
The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick,01/21/21

message 50: by Kesha (last edited Jan 02, 2021 08:08PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2021 January Monthly Challenge
Read: /5

1. Happy January Birthday!: Read a book published in January, or read a book with red on the cover in honor of January's birthstone, the Garnet.

2. Baby Names! Read a book that includes a character (doesn't need to be a MC) or is written by an author with one of the following popular baby names, or any variation or nickname of one of them (example using Robert: Robert, Rob, Bob, Roberta, Bobbie, Robertson, etc). Alternately, you may choose a book with a character that somehow represents the name's meaning (in parentheses). Some of the meanings are pretty obscure, so feel free to be creative! This month's names: Charles (Free Man), Archer (Bowman, One Who Excels at Archery), Lucy (Light), Emily (To Strive or Excel or Rival).

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle: Read one book written by Jayne Ann Krentz (or any of her pseudonyms) or any author with her first or last name. Links to backlists - Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle. You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, northern California, British Columbia, and Alaska), or by an author who is from the Pacific Northwest. You can also read any book with 50 or more ratings or is shelved as Romantic Suspense or a book by any author who has won an award.

« previous 1