The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > August Monthly: Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JoAnne (last edited Jul 27, 2018 01:09PM) (new)

JoAnne | 40890 comments Mod
slang 60s

Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore
Duration: August 1-August 31, 2018

Levels

Level 1: 1-5 tasks
Level 2: 6+ tasks

You may use the tasks as many times as you wish.

TASKS:
1. Foxy

Applicable to either a man or woman, “foxy” denotes an undeniable sex appeal. Why are foxes sexier than, say, coyotes or wolves? Why not “Hey baby, you’re looking wolfy?” We have no idea.
Example: “You are one foxy lady. Can I have your number?”
☮️ Read a book with a "FOXY" MC OR with a 4 in the page count OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.

2. Gimme some skin
Don’t get any crazy ideas. If someone asks you to give them some skin, they’re merely asking you to shake hands.
Example: “Good to see you again! Gimme some skin!”
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.

3. What’s your bag?
We’re not talking about luggage. Your bag symbolizes your problems, the mysterious annoyance that’s making you so obviously upset.
Example: “Dude, you don’t have to yell at me! What’s your bag?”
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.

4. Bippy
Your rear end, or posterior. It originated from the TV show Laugh-In, back when television was still the most influential media in the world.
Example: “You bet your sweet bippy I’m interested.”
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover. Please post the cover.

5. Submarine races
For some reason, this was a slang term for people being intimate in a parked car. Who knew?
Example: “The cops nearly busted all of the submarine races at Lookout Point last night.”
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.

6. Split
When you’re done and ready to get out of there, it’s time to split. Not in a literal sense, of course. Your body isn’t being ripped in half. We hope not, anyway.
Example: “Wish I could stick around, fellas, but I gotta split.”
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.

7. Heavy
It has nothing to do with somebody’s weight. This kind of heavy is all about emotional weight. The Beatles “She’s So Heavy” was meant as a compliment, not as a suggestion to start dieting.
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad. Please post the cover.

8. It’s a gas
The Rolling Stones probably weren’t talking about 19th century nitrous oxide parties—the slang’s origin—when they sang about “a gas gas gas” in their hit song “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.” During the 60s, a gas was any activity likely to inspire laughter.
Example: “You gotta make it to my party tonight. It’s gonna be a gas.”
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count OR with a happy person on the cover. Please post the cover.

9. Fuzz
Why policemen were called the Fuzz during the 60s is anybody’s guess. Could it be the military style crew cuts that cops preferred during that decade? Possibly, but we may never know.
Example: “You better put that away unless you want to get busted by the fuzz.”
☮️ Read a book with a character that is a police officer OR with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.). Please post the cover.

10. Hang loose
If you’ve opted to spend your day taking it easy and relaxing, then you are officially hanging loose.
Example: “I was going to go to the office today, but I think I’ll just hang loose instead.”
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off. Please post the cover.

Info from: https://bestlifeonline.com/1960s-slan...

☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️☮️

Challenge Rules
*Please post a partial list of the challenge when you sign up.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.

*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge

(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)

Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.

message 2: by JoAnne (last edited Sep 05, 2018 04:52PM) (new)

groovy-font

Barbara ★ FINISHED

Celia FINISHED

Chris

Claire

Cristina

Debbie FINISHED

ElleEm FINISHED

Emelie FINISHED

Erin FINISHED

Ferenc FINISHED

Frankie FINISHED

Gabi FINISHED

Grace FINISHED

Jade aka MrsTosh FINISHED

Jess

Joann FINISHED

JoAnne FINISHED

JoAnne - mod FINISHED

Karen ♐ FINISHED

Katherine

Maria

Marla FINISHED

Melanie

Rina FINISHED

Sandra FINISHED

Sarah E FINISHED

Shash FINISHED

Tammy FINISHED

Young At Heart Reader FINISHED

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 285 comments This is fun!

Levels

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Applicable to either a man or woman, “foxy” denotes an undeniable sex appeal. Why are foxes sexier than, say, coyotes or wolves? Why not “Hey baby, you’re looking wolfy?” We have no idea.
☮️ Read a book with a "FOXY" MC OR with a 4 in the page count OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.

2. Gimme some skin
Don’t get any crazy ideas. If someone asks you to give them some skin, they’re merely asking you to shake hands.
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.

3. What’s your bag?
We’re not talking about luggage. Your bag symbolizes your problems, the mysterious annoyance that’s making you so obviously upset.
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.

4. Bippy
Your rear end, or posterior. It originated from the TV show Laugh-In, back when television was still the most influential media in the world.
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover. Please post the cover.

5. Submarine races
For some reason, this was a slang term for people being intimate in a parked car. Who knew?
Example: “The cops nearly busted all of the submarine races at Lookout Point last night.”
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.

6. Split
When you’re done and ready to get out of there, it’s time to split. Not in a literal sense, of course. Your body isn’t being ripped in half. We hope not, anyway.
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.

7. Heavy
It has nothing to do with somebody’s weight. This kind of heavy is all about emotional weight. The Beatles “She’s So Heavy” was meant as a compliment, not as a suggestion to start dieting.
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad. Please post the cover.

8. It’s a gas
The Rolling Stones probably weren’t talking about 19th century nitrous oxide parties—the slang’s origin—when they sang about “a gas gas gas” in their hit song “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.” During the 60s, a gas was any activity likely to inspire laughter.
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count OR with a happy person on the cover. Please post the cover.

9. Fuzz
Why policemen were called the Fuzz during the 60s is anybody’s guess. Could it be the military style crew cuts that cops preferred during that decade? Possibly, but we may never know.
☮️ Read a book with a character that is a police officer OR with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.). Please post the cover.

10. Hang loose
If you’ve opted to spend your day taking it easy and relaxing, then you are officially hanging loose.
Example: “I was going to go to the office today, but I think I’ll just hang loose instead.”
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off. Please post the cover.

message 4: by ElleEm (last edited Aug 29, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

ElleEm I'm in.

Books Read: 16

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Foxy MC-Broken by Karin Slaughter Finished 8/11/18***

4 in the page count (384)-All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda Finished 8/17/18**

4 in the page count (304)-Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage Finished 8/26/18***

2. Gimme some skin

Characters shake hands-Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan, Page 84-"Hey, I am Finn," he says, holding out a blocky, long-fingered hand. Finished 8/26/18****

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.-Pet Sematary by Stephen King Finished 8/29/18*****

4. Bippy
2 in the page count (291)-Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris Finished 8/9/18**

A character's rear end is talked about-Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Finished 8/28/18****

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.-The Long Walk by Richard Bachman Finished 8/15/18*****

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.-(533 P.) Red Moon by Benjamin Percy Finished 8/4/18**

7. Heavy

Character is emotional over something-Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger (The narrator is emotional about the death of his sister.) Finished 8/12/18*****

7 in the page count-Snatched by Karin Slaughter (73) Finished 8/29/18****

8. It’s a gas
8 in the page count (528)- The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry Finished 8/16/18***

8 in the page count (288)-The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay Finished 8/22/18****

9. Fuzz

Character is a police officer-Fallen by Karin Slaughter Finished 8/24/18***

Character is a police officer-I See You by Clare Mackintosh Finished 8/19/18***

10. Hang loose
9 in the page count (593)-Feed by Mira Grant Finished 8/7/18****

message 5: by Frankie (last edited Aug 30, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Frankie Johnson | 1839 comments I'll start with Level 1

5/5 Tasks Completed; Finish!!!

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with a 4 in the page count Please post the cover.

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.
Touch-Susan Fanetti 8/22
Touch (Pagano Family, #2) by Susan Fanetti

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
Your rear end, or posterior. It originated from the TV show Laugh-In, back when television was still the most influential media in the world.

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.
Lost Rider-Harper Sloan 8/08
Lost Rider (Coming Home, #1) by Harper Sloan

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving/with a 5 in the page count. Please post the cover.
Lost Boy-M. Robinson (pg.count=567)/MC leaving 8/30
Lost Boy by M. Robinson

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count. Please post the cover.
Dear Everly-Jaxson Kidman (pg.count= 373) loss of spouse 8/24
Dear Everly by London Casey

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count.
Redemption-S. Nelson (pg. count=318) 8/20
Redemption by S. Nelson

9. Fuzz

10. Hang loose

message 6: by JoAnne (last edited Aug 18, 2018 12:36PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 1140 comments Duration: August 1-August 31, 2018 no page minimum

Level 2: 6+ tasks You may use the tasks as many times as you wish.

Read 10/10 DONE!

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with a 4 in the page count
Winter Solstice (Winter #4) by Elin Hilderbrand Winter Solstice (Winter #4) by Elin Hilderbrand 8/5/18 4stars (304 pages)

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #)
The Wild Mountain Thyme by Kathryn Scarborough The Wild Mountain Thyme by Kathryn Scarborough 8/4/18 3stars (Nook page 63 - They'd made the rounds of the office and Jim shook everyone's hands, smiled, exchanged pleasantries...)

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it
Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys, #9) by Lorelei James Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys #9) by Lorelei James 8/1/18 4stars (Riss and her injuries and unable to work)

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about
Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber 8/6/18 5stars (hardcover, page 150 - "Good. Now don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.")

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.
Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3) by Nicole McLaughlin Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3) by Nicole McLaughlin 8/8/18 3.5stars (Alexis and Jake in an RV; bride and groom on cover)

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving
Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs 8/7/18 5stars (Hannah, her uncle; Caleb and Jonah to the hospital)

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.)
A Love for Leah (Amish of Pontotoc #2) by Amy Lillard A Love for Leah (Amish of Pontotoc #2) by Amy Lillard 8/3/18 5stars (Jamie that his nephew doesn't speak after the tragedy)

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with 8 in the page count
The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies 8/12/18 4.5stars (368 pages)

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a 6 or 0 in the page count
I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up #3) by Helena Hunting 8/9/18 4stars (0 - 320 pages)

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off
Hard Sell (21 Wall Street, #2) by Lauren Layne Hard Sell (21 Wall Street #2) by Lauren Layne 8/18/18 4stars (Sabrina and Matt to the Hamptons to the Sams' beach house)

Info from: https://bestlifeonline.com/1960s-slan...

message 7: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:03PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2645 comments August Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/6+

✔️1. Foxy
Navarro's Promise - Lora Leigh 8/17
description

✔️2. Gimme some skin
Dark Bites - Sherrilyn Kenyon 8/5
Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

✔️3. What’s your bag?
A Turn in the Road - Debbie Macomber 8/24
A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8) by Debbie Macomber

✔️4. Bippy
Total Surrender - Rebecca Zanetti 8/1
Total Surrender (Sin Brothers, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti

✔️5. Submarine races
City of the Lost - Kelley Armstrong (471 pages) 8/30
City of the Lost (Rockton, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

✔️6. Split
The Duke Diaries - Sophia Nash 8/31
The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3) by Sophia Nash

✔️7. Heavy
Skinny Dipping with Murder - Auralee Wallace 8/10
(my fat butt is never getting in a bikini which is sad)
Skinny Dipping with Murder (An Otter Lake Mystery, #1) by Auralee Wallace

✔️8. It’s a gas
Death Doesn't Bargain - Sherrilyn Kenyon 8/30
Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

✔️9. Fuzz
Shadow's Return - S.C. Wynne 8/25
Shadow's Return (Psychic Detective Mysteries #2) by S.C. Wynne

✔️10. Hang loose
Paradox - Catherine Coulter 8/22
Paradox (FBI Thriller #22) by Catherine Coulter

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 8: by Shash (last edited Aug 11, 2018 01:23PM) (new)

Shash | 1702 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore
August 2018

Levels

10/6+ Tasks Completed

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Time Stands Still by Kyra Alexander (8/6/18)
Time Stands Still (short story) (Dogs Love Romance) by Kyra Alexander

2. Gimme some skin
Frontier Hearts by Angelica Rose (8/2/18)
Characters shake hands

3. What’s your bag?
Raspberry Kisses by Cecelia Dowdy (8/7/18)
Raven rants about things a few times.

4. Bippy
A Great Catch by Lorna Seilstad (8/6/18)
Emily's rear end is talked about.

5. Submarine races
A Family for the Cowboy by Linda Goodnight (8/11/18)
A Family for the Cowboy by Linda Goodnight

6. Split
Strike a Match by Lindzee Armstrong (8/8/18)
155 pages

7. Heavy
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George (8/1/18)
Jonquil is unconsolable when she thinks the king is going to force her to marry him.

8. It’s a gas
Don't Rock the Boat by Janice Thompson (8/3/18)
118 pages

9. Fuzz
Paige's Turn by Jennifer Peel (8/4/18)
206 pages

10. Hang loose
Settling Up by Eryn Scott (8/8/18)
Lauren takes a couple days off.

message 9: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Claire, ElleEm, Frankie, Gabi, JoAnne, Barbara and Shash!

message 10: by Grace (last edited Aug 18, 2018 09:55AM) (new)

Grace Worland | 1107 comments August Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/6+

1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with a 4 in the page count- Chasing Magic: Reverse Harem Series by Jessica Sorensen 8/5- pg. 244

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #)- Enchanted Chaos by Jessica Sorensen 8/14- “We shake hands, and then she casts a quick glance at Foster and Easton.” 24%

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book with a 12 in the page count- Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen 8/18- pg. 125

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book with a 2 in the page count- Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz 8/9- pg. 256

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book with a 1 and 4 in the pages count- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid 8/10- pg. 416

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving- Saga, Vol. 9 by Brian K. Vaughan 8/1

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book with a 7 in the page count- Shimmering Chaos by Jessica Sorensen 8/16- pg. 170

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count- Red at Night by Katie McGarry 8/2- pg. 84

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a 6 or 0 in the page count- ワンパンマン 17 Wanpanman 17 by ONE 8/10- pg. 208

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book with a 9 in the page count- Bleach, Volume 62 by Tite Kubo 8/11- pg. 192

message 11: by Emeli (last edited Aug 25, 2018 12:28PM) (new)

Emeli Webb | 326 comments Level 1: 1-5 tasks

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Alpha's Winged Omega (Couples of Haven #1) by Lorelei M. Hart
Finished 1/8

2. Gimme some skin

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
☮️ OR with a 2 in the page count
The Case of the Sexy Shakespearean (The Middlemark Mysteries #1) by Tara Lain
204 pages Finished 4/8

5. Submarine races
☮️ OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.
Growling For More by Alexa Riley
Finished 10/8
6. Split

7. Heavy

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a character that is a police officer
Alpha Unit One, New York by Chris T. Kat
Finished 9/8
10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off
Max and Pres (Bound in Silk #2) by Payne de la Cour
Finished 19/8

message 12: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Grace and Emelie!

message 13: by JoAnne (last edited Aug 18, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

August - Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore
10/6+

1. Foxy
☮️ 1. Read a book with a "FOXY" MC AND with a 4 in the page count.

432 pages When We Found Home Susan Mallery 8/11/18

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #).

One Night of Trouble Elle Kennedy 8/4/18 p 23 The two men exchanged a hearty handshake, and unlike Brett’s previous boyfriends, AJ didn’t seem the least bit intimidated by her father’s size.

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it.

Serpentine Laurell K. Hamilton 8/18/18

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about.

Ripper Lexi Blake 8/8/18 I didn’t take my eye off him, enjoying the view of his nice backside as he made it to the top of the steps. I was about to get a picture of that hot ass when he turned.

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read with a couple that is very close on the cover.

The Harder You Fall (The Original Heartbreakers, #3) by Gena Showalter The Harder You Fall Gena Showalter 8/3/18

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving.

Lucky Charmed Sharla Lovelace 8/9/18

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something.

Falling in love Born in Blood Alexandra Ivy 8/10/18

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around.

Meant to Be Melody Grace 8/14/18

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a character that is a police officer.

The Perfect Couple Elin Hilderbrand 8/2/18

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off.

Easy Nights Kristen Proby 8/4/18

message 14: by Jess (last edited Aug 28, 2018 08:02AM) (new)

Jess Penhallow | 241 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Levels

TASKS:
1. Foxy

2. Gimme some skin

3. What’s your bag?
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware - 02/08/18 - Lo is upset when she reports an accident and no one takes her seriously. She rants to the head of security

4. Bippy
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey - 09/08/18 - 324 pages

5. Submarine races
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - 12/08/18 - 401 pages

6. Split
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - 26/08/18

7. Heavy
Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton - 26/08/18 - Margaret is very upset and angry when she is snubbed by London society

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz

10. Hang loose

message 15: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Jess!

message 16: by Ferenc (last edited Aug 05, 2018 06:24AM) (new)

Ferenc (aeneth) | 1603 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Goal: 9/6+
Current level: Level 2: 6+ tasks

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Violent Cases by Neil Gaiman - 8/1/2018
With a 4 in the page count: 48 pages.

Cutting Edge by C.D. Reiss - 8/3/2018
A book with a "FOXY" MC: Both Caden and Greyson are "foxy".

2. Gimme some skin
Rough Edge by C.D. Reiss - 8/3/2018
Characters shake hands: “St. John,” he replied, shaking Caden’s hand first. (Kindle Locations 1360-1361)

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - 8/2/2018
With a 2 in the page count: 324 pages.

5. Submarine races

6. Split
Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman - 8/4/2018
Fragile Things Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman An item that is split on the cover: the eggshells.

Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly - 8/4/2018
With a 5 in the page count: 65 pages.

7. Heavy
Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman – 8/2/2018
With a 7 in the page count: 117 pages.

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 8/5/2018
With a 6 or 0 in the page count: 64 pages.

10. Hang loose
The Tournament by Matthew Reilly - 8/5/2018
The Tournament by Matthew Reilly Where you would go on a day off: City break to Istanbul.

Violent Cases by Neil Gaiman Cutting Edge (The Edge, #0.5) by C.D. Reiss Rough Edge (The Edge, #1) by C.D. Reiss To Kill a Mockingbird (To Kill a Mockingbird, #1) by Harper Lee Fragile Things Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

message 17: by Sandra (last edited Aug 16, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

Sandra | 1009 comments I'm in!

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Robbie - Ella Frank (284 pgs) (4 in pg count) - 14 AUG
Robbie (Confessions, #1) by Ella Frank

2. Gimme some skin
Always: A Legacy Novel - Bethany-Kris (Hands on the cover) - 4 AUG
The Road Back to Us - K. Webster (Hands on the cover) - 12 AUG
Always A Legacy Novel (Cross + Catherine, #1) by Bethany-Kris The Road Back to Us by K. Webster

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
Templar's Creed - Danielle Bourdon (216 pgs) (2 in page count) - 6 AUG
Templar's Creed (Daughters of Eve, #2) by Danielle Bourdon

5. Submarine races
Body Games - Jessica Clare (Close couple) - 3 AUG
Body Games (Games, #5) by Jessica Clare

6. Split
All I Want - J. Daniels (Character leaving) - 9 AUG
All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2) by J. Daniels

7. Heavy
Dark in Death - J.D. Robb (372 pgs) (7 in pg count) - 16 AUG
Dark in Death (In Death, #46) by J.D. Robb

8. It’s a gas
Savage Things - Callie Hart (268 pgs) (8 in pg count) - 12 AUG
Four Day Fling - Emma Hart (Fun character) - 15 AUG
Savage Things by Callie Hart Four Day Fling by Emma Hart

9. Fuzz
The Survivors - Dinah McCall (376 pgs) (6 in page count) - 2 AUG
Dangerous Ground - M.R. Rutter (Police Officer) - 10 AUG
The Survivors by Dinah McCall Dangerous Ground by M.R. Rutter

10. Hang loose
Temporarily His Princess - Olivia Gates (192 pgs) (9 in pg count) - 7 AUG
Stars Over Castle Hill - Samantha Young (MC takes day off) - 9 AUG
Temporarily His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #1) by Olivia Gates Stars Over Castle Hill (On Dublin Street, #6.6) by Samantha Young

message 18: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Ferenc and Sandra!

message 19: by Karen ♐ (last edited Aug 28, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 923 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore
10 Completed

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with a 4 in the page count - 402 pgs
- The Cowboy Joan Johnston - 8/2
The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1) by Joan Johnston

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.
- Fulfillment K.M. Golland - 8/9
Fulfillment (Temptation, #3) by K.M. Golland

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it
- Ugly Love Colleen Hoover - 8/14
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book with a 2 in the page count - 218 pgs
- Unleashed Cherrie Lynn - 8/2
Unleashed (Ross Siblings, #1) by Cherrie Lynn

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car
- Sparking the Fire Kate Meader - 8/16
Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving
- Satisfaction K.M. Golland - 8/2
Satisfaction (Temptation, #2) by K.M. Golland

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book with a 7 in the page count
- Simple Faith Susan Fanetti - 8/12
Simple Faith (Pagano Brothers, #1) by Susan Fanetti

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with 8 in the page count
- 548 pgs - Nikolai, Volume 2 Roxie Rivera - 8/19
Nikolai, Volume 2 (Her Russian Protector, #6) by Roxie Rivera

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a 6 or 0 in the page count - 467 pgs
- Slow Heat in Heaven Sandra Brown - 8/4
Slow Heat in Heaven by Sandra Brown

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book with a 9 in the page count
- Alexei Roxie Rivera - 8/24
Alexei (Her Russian Protector, #8) by Roxie Rivera

message 20: by Debbie (last edited Aug 28, 2018 06:17AM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 386 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Levels

Level 2: 6+ tasks 7

TASKS:
1. Foxy
1. 400 pages Beach House Reunion by Mary Alice Monroe 8/13/18
Beach House Reunion (Beach House #5) by Mary Alice Monroe
2. Dog on the cover .All Fudged Up by Nancy CoCo 8/21/18
All Fudged Up (Candy-Coated, #1) by Nancy CoCo

2. Gimme some skin

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
288 pages Have a Nice Guilt Trip by Lisa Scottoline 8/25/18
Have a Nice Guilt Trip by Lisa Scottoline

5. Submarine races

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a 5 in the page count ..515 pages..1. The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable 8/3/18
The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable

7. Heavy

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with 8 in the page count Dogwood Hill by Sherryl Woods 8/9/18
Dogwood Hill (Chesapeake Shores, #12) by Sherryl Woods

9. Fuzz
Police officer Dead to the Last Drop by Cleo Coyle 8/15/18
Dead to the Last Drop (Coffeehouse Mystery, #15) by Cleo Coyle

10. Hang loose
1. Day off..The Briefing: Politics, the Press, and the President by Sean Spicer 8/24/18
The Briefing Politics, the Press, and the President by Sean Spicer

message 21: by Erin (last edited Aug 28, 2018 10:22PM) (new)

Erin | 467 comments Completed 8/28/18

8/8 read

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover. Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs, read 8/5/18
Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book with 13 in the page count. Odd Man Out by Stormy Glenn, 137 pages, read 8/2/18

3. Bippy
☮️ Read a book with a 2 in the page count. Young Pioneers by Rose Wilder Lane, 192 pages, read 8/28/18

4. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book with a 1 and 4 in the pages count. Reluctance by Bailey Bradford, 184 pages, read 8/8/18

5. Heavy
☮️ Read a book with a 7 in the page count. Holding out for a Hero by Shannon West, 179 pages, read 8/21/18

6. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with 8 in the page count. Rise to Trust by Lynn Hagen, 286 pages, read 8/20/18

7. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a 6 or 0 in the page count. Angels Of Darkness by Ilona Andrews, 406 pages, read 8/7/18

8. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book with a 9 in the page count. Naga's Concubine by Scarlet Hyacinth, 199 pages, read 8/15/18

message 22: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Karen, Debbie and Erin!!

message 23: by Tammy (last edited Aug 29, 2018 06:32PM) (new)

Tammy (tammy17) TASKS:
1. Foxy
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware The Woman in Cabin 10 Ruth Ware 8-5-18 340 pages

2. Gimme some skin
Savage Innocence (Chippewa #2) by Cassie Edwards Savage Innocence Cassie Edwards 8-5-18 Hands on cover

3. What’s your bag?
Savage Heart (Chippewa, #3) by Cassie Edwards Savage Heart Cassie Edwards 8-14-18 Tall Cloud is ranting because he wants to marry Christa but her brother wont allow it

4. Bippy

5. Submarine races

6. Split

7. Heavy
What Lies Below by Barbara Taylor Sissel What Lies Below Barbara Taylor Sissel 8-24-18 The fathers 4 year old daughter is kidnapped from school

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz
Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen, #7) by Joanne Fluke Peach Cobbler Murder Joanne Fluke 8-29-18... character is a police officer

10. Hang loose

message 24: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Tammy!

message 25: by Melanie (last edited Aug 27, 2018 11:02PM) (new)

Melanie | 20 comments August Monthly: Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore
Duration:
August 1-August 31, 2018

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Read a book with a 4 in the page count.
The Puma's Shadow by Antoine B. Daniel The Puma's Shadow - Antoine B. Daniel - 8/07/2018
How it fits: Page count 448

2. Gimme some skin
Read a book where characters shake hands (sentence and page/loc #)
Only Child by Rhiannon Navin Only Child - Rhiannon Navin - 8/28/2018
How it fits: '...he had to talk to the other grown-ups and do handshakes.' - pg 54

3. What’s your bag?
Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR
with a 12 in the page count OR
with a bag of any kind on the cover (paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Post the cover.

4. Bippy
Read a book with a 2 in the page count.
The Dogs by Robert Calder The Dogs - Robert Calder - 8/24/2018
How it fits: Page count 192

5. Submarine races
Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR
with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR
with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.

6. Split
Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR
with a 5 in the page count OR
with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.

7. Heavy
Read a book with a 7 in the page count.
Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich - 8/10/2018
How it fits: Page count 371

8. It’s a gas
Read a book with a character that is fun to be around.
Brownie Points by Jennifer Coburn Brownie Points - Jennifer Coburn - 8/13/2018
How it fits: Everyone loves being around Logan.

9. Fuzz
Read a book with a character that is a police officer OR
with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR
with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.). Please post the cover.

10. Hang loose
Read a book with a cover that where you would go on a day off. Please post the cover.
Love Anthony by Lisa Genova Love Anthony - Lisa Genova - 8/18/2018
How it fits: Set on the beach.

message 26: by Young At Heart Reader (last edited Aug 17, 2018 08:37PM) (new)

Young At Heart Reader | 100 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Level: 2

Progress: 8/6+

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with a "FOXY" MC OR with a 4 in the page count OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 1 Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 1 by Afro (Bird on head) 8/5/2018

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.Wild Blues Wild Blues by Beth Kephart ("Uncle Davy," Matias said, reaching out to shake his hand) (Page 39) 8/16/2018

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.Fadeaway Fadeaway by Maura Ellen Stokes (Backpack) 8/11/2018

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover. Please post the cover.Making Friends Making Friends by Kristen Gudsnuk (272 pages) 8/16/2018

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 Boku No Hero Academia 13 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 Boku No Hero Academia 13 (My Hero Academia, #13) by Kohei Horikoshi (184 pages) 8/13/2018

6. Split

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad. Please post the cover.Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 2 Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 2 by Afro (Page num 176) 8/5/2018)

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count OR with a happy person on the cover. Please post the cover.僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 Boku No Hero Academia 14 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 Boku No Hero Academia 14 (My Hero Academia, #14) by Kohei Horikoshi (208 pages) 8/15/2018

9. Fuzz

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off. Please post the cover.約束のネバーランド 1 Yakusoku no Neverland 1 約束のネバーランド 1 Yakusoku no Neverland 1 (The Promised Neverland, #1) by Kaiu Shirai (192 pages) 8/17/2018

message 27: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Melanie and Young!

message 28: by Chris (last edited Aug 19, 2018 08:37PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 20 comments I'm in.

9/10 Complete

Levels

TASKS:
✔1. Foxy
Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Her Royal Spyness Mystery, # 12) by Rhys Bowen 8/7 p. 52 "...the bell rang and a blowsy woman with a hard, foxy face..."

✔2. Gimme some skin
Write Whatever the Hell You Want Finding Joy and Purpose in Writing by Nikki Hanna - 8/1 Hand on cover

✔3. What’s your bag?

Men of Men (The Ballantyne Novels, #2) by Wilbur Smith (Bag of diamonds on cover) 8/12

✔4. Bippy
Loving Evangeline p. 31 Robert talks about Evangeline's heart-shaped rear

✔5. Submarine races
Private Arrangements (The London Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas 8/3 (Couple very close)

✔6. Split
Fugitive 8/2 p. 31 '
"Charlie saw a split lip and a swollen eye."

✔7. Heavy
Fugitive 8/2 p. 251
"All that jumping around could have dislodged the gun, if the heavy, cumbersome weapon was stuck in Epp's waistband."

✔8. It’s a gas
The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence 8/19 - 328 pages (8 in the page count)

9. Fuzz

✔10. Hang loose
The Luckiest Lady in London (The London Trilogy #1) by Sherry Thomas p 277 8/3
"..it was already hanging loose."

message 29: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Sarah and Chris!

message 30: by Maria (last edited Aug 05, 2018 11:22PM) (new)

Maria (milg) | 32 comments I'm in!!
0/6+

TASKS:
Read a book...

1. Foxy
☮️ ...with an animal on the cover. - The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ ...where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.

3. What’s your bag?
☮️ ...where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.

4. Bippy
☮️ ...where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover. Please post the cover.

5. Submarine races
☮️ ...where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.

6. Split
☮️ ...with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.

7. Heavy
☮️ ...where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad. Please post the cover.

8. It’s a gas
☮️ ...with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count OR with a happy person on the cover. Please post the cover.

9. Fuzz
☮️ ...with a character that is a police officer OR with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.). Please post the cover.

10. Hang loose
☮️ ...where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off.

message 31: by Joann (last edited Aug 30, 2018 02:56PM) (new)

Joann | 1273 comments Completed 14

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Read a book with a "FOXY" MC
The Secret Life of Violet Grant - Beatriz Williams- 8/24/18
OR with a 4 in the page count
River of Destiny - Barbara Erskine - 8/11/18 - 448 pages
The Cafe by the Sea - Jenny Colgan - 8/14/18 - 416 pages
OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.
Death of a Dentist (Hamish Macbeth, #13) by M.C. Beaton - MC Beaton - 8/6/18

2. Gimme some skin
Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #)
The Lake House Secret- Debra Burroughs - 8/12/18 - p.92 “She took his hand and shook it.”

4. Bippy
Read a book with a 2 in the page count
The Dress Lodger - Sheri Holman - 2/8/18 - 291 pages
Death of a Scriptwriter - MC Beaton - 8/8/18 - 222 pages
Spider's Web - Agatha Christie - 8/9/18 - 241 pages

6. Split
Read a book with a 5 in the page count
The Deep End- Julie Mulhern - 8/21/18 - 255 pgs
Amy Snow - Tracy Rees - 30/8/18 - 551 pages

7. Heavy
Read a book with a 7 in the page count
The Long Way Home - Louise Penny - 8/27/18 - 373 pags

8. It’s a gas
Read a book with 8 in the page count
The Bookshop on the Corner- Jenny Colgan - 4/8/18 - 368 pgs
The Silver Witch - Paula Brackston - 8/17/18 - 308 pages

9. Fuzz
Read a book with a character that is a police officer
Itsy Bitsy Spider - Willow Rose - 8/13/18

message 32: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Maria and Joann!

message 33: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Aug 28, 2018 07:32AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 706 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Levels

Completed: 10/10

TASKS:
1. Foxy
☮️ Read a book with 4 in the page count
I Wish You Were Mine 14/08 ****
I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2) by Lauren Layne

2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover.
Miss Fix It 07/08 ****
Miss Fix-It by Emma Hart

3. What’s your bag?
Roman: A Gypsy Saint Romance 12/08 **
Roman A Gypsy Saints Romance by Talitha O.

4. Bippy
☮️ Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover.
Miss Mechanic 05/07 ****
Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart

5. Submarine races
☮️ Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover.
Enshrine 25/08 ****
Enshrine by Chelle Bliss

6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover.
She told Mellie she would be leaving at the end of the summer (Loc 414)
Cottage by the Sea 07/07 ****
Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber

7. Heavy
☮️ Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad.
Lost the love of her life over a silly argument - A wave of sadness washed through her. A sadness for what was. What could have been.
Wild Irish Roots 01/07 ****
Wild Irish Roots (Mystic Cove, #0.5) by Tricia O'Malley

8. It’s a gas
☮️ Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count
Reaper's Fire 12/08 ***
Reaper's Fire (Reapers MC, #6) by Joanna Wylde

9. Fuzz
☮️ Read a book with a character that is a police officer OR with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.).
Shelter in Place 02/07 *****
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts

10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off.
The Naked Truth 09/08 ****
The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland

message 34: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Jade!

message 35: by Rina (last edited Aug 15, 2018 04:27AM) (new)

Rina | 1084 comments Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

Levels

Progress: 8

TASKS:
1. Foxy
- Scarlet, Marissa Meyer, 04.08.2018 - 464 pages
- Fer-de-Lance, Rex Stout, 10.08.2018 - 304 pages
- Death Masks, Jim Butcher, 15.08.2018 - 464 pages

2. Gimme some skin

3. What’s your bag?
- Poirot Investigates, Agatha Christie, 07.08.2018
Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3) by Agatha Christie

4. Bippy
- Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas, 05.08.2018 - 432 pages
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon, Sarah Addison Allen, 06.08.2018 - 280 pages

5. Submarine races

6. Split

7. Heavy
- Lilac Girls, Martha Hall Kelly, 08.08.2018 - 487 pages
- Todesreigen, Andreas Gruber, 11.08.2018 - 576 pages

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz

10. Hang loose

message 36: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Rina!

message 37: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 706 comments JoAnne wrote: "Welcome Jade!"

Thanks Jo :)

message 38: by Marla (last edited Sep 05, 2018 03:07PM) (new)

Marla | 1396 comments August Monthly:
Duration: 8/1/18 - 8/31/18
Option: Level 1: 1-5 tasks
Tasks: 9 of 3

TASKS:
☮️ 1. Foxy
Read a book with a "FOXY" MC OR with a 4 in the page count OR with an animal on the cover. Please post the cover.
Must Love Hellhounds (Sookie Stackhouse #9.2; Guild Hunter #0.5; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5) by Charlaine Harris by Charlaine Harris (8/23/18)

☮️ 2. Gimme some skin
Read a book where characters shake hands (Give us a sentence and page/loc #) OR with 13 in the page count OR with prominent hand/s on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Hidden Man by David Ellis (8/14/18) ~ when Jason meets several people

☮️ 3. What’s your bag?
Read a book where a character is upset about something and is ranting about it OR with a 12 in the page count OR with a bag of any kind on the cover (can be a paper bag, purse, luggage, etc). Please post the cover.
Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison (8/11/18) ~ Rachel rants a lot, Jinx leaving, demon familiars

☮️ 4. Bippy
Read a book where a character's rear end is talked about OR with a 2 in the page count OR with a rear end (of any kind) on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Outsider by Stephen King (8/31/18) ~ nature of assault

☮️ 5. Submarine races
Read a book where a character has sex in a car OR with a 1 and 4 in the pages count OR with a couple that is very close on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Third Victim by Lisa Gardner (8/8/18) ~ 384 pages

☮️ 6. Split
Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving OR with a 5 in the page count OR with an item that is split on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Maelstrom by Henry Neff (8/2/18) ~ Julie tells Max she's leaving & others leave in story too

☮️ 7. Heavy
Read a book where a character is emotional over something (Tell us what that is.) OR with a 7 in the page count OR with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad. Please post the cover.
Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle (8/20/18) ~ HDG (headless dead guy) & stalker

☮️ 8. It’s a gas
Read a book with a character that is fun to be around OR with 8 in the page count OR with a happy person on the cover. Please post the cover.
Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (8/24/18) ~ Viscount St. Vincent is a rake & 368 pages

9. Fuzz
Read a book with a character that is a police officer OR with a 6 or 0 in the page count OR with something police related on the cover (badge, car, etc.). Please post the cover.

☮️ 10. Hang loose
Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count OR with a cover that where you would go on a day off. Please post the cover.
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (8/28/18)

message 39: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Marla!

message 40: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Cristina!

message 41: by Celia (last edited Aug 17, 2018 07:57PM) (new)

Celia Buell (celiareadsbooks) | 1176 comments I'm going to try this.
4/10 books

✔1. Foxy
Applicable to either a man or woman, “foxy” denotes an undeniable sex appeal.
☮️ Read a book with a "FOXY" MC OR with a 4 in the page count
American Street 324 pages (8/6)
✔2. Gimme some skin
☮️ Read a book where characters shake hands
The Paladin Prophecy (8/13) - “His handshake crushed Will’s hand; he squeezed back defensively to avoid wincing.” - p. 89
3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy

5. Submarine races

✔6. Split
☮️ Read a book with a scene where a character tells someone that they are leaving.
Eternal Life (8/9)
7. Heavy

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz

✔10. Hang loose
☮️ Read a book where a character takes a well deserved day off OR with a 9 in the page count
Alliance 339 pages (8/17)
American Street by Ibi Zoboi The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1) by Mark Frost Eternal Life by Dara Horn Alliance (Paladin Prophecy, #2) by Mark Frost

message 42: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Celia!

message 43: by Katherine (last edited Aug 19, 2018 11:57AM) (new)

Katherine | 220 comments August Monthly: Slang Terms From the 1960s No One Uses Anymore

1. Foxy - with an animal on the cover.
My T-Rex Has A Toothache by Elwyn Tate 15/8/18 ★★★

2. Gimme some skin - with 13 in the page count.
Chobits, Omnibus 2 by CLAMP 12/8/18 ★★★★

3. What’s your bag? - where a character is upset about something.
Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days #6) by John Allison 7/8/18 ★★★

4. Bippy - with a 2 in the page count.
Doctor Strange The Beginning by Steve Behling 8/8/18 ★★★

5. Submarine races - Read a book with a 1 in the pages count.
Doctor Who - The Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter 16/8/18 ★★★

6. Split - where a character tells someone that they are leaving.
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman 10/8/18 ★★★★

7. Heavy - with an item on the cover that makes you feel sad.
Priest, Volume 1. Prelude for the Deceased by Min-Woo Hyung 11/8/18 ★★

8. It’s a gas - with a character that is fun to be around.
Better Date than Never Boxed Set Books 1-6 (Better Date than Never, #1-6) by Susan Hatler 15/8/18 ★★★★★

9. Fuzz - Read a book with a 6 0 in the page count.
Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11) by Ruby Dixon 18/8/18 ★★★

10. Hang loose - with a 9 in the page count.
Cyanide & Happiness A Guide to Parenting by Three Guys with No Kids by Kris Wilson 15/8/18 ★★★★

message 44: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Katherine!

message 45: by Shash (new)

Shash | 1702 comments Finished! :)

August 2018

Levels

10/6+ Tasks Completed

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Time Stands Still by Kyra Alexander (8/6/18)
Time Stands Still (short story) (Dogs Love Romance) by Kyra Alexander

2. Gimme some skin
Frontier Hearts by Angelica Rose (8/2/18)
Characters shake hands

3. What’s your bag?
Raspberry Kisses by Cecelia Dowdy (8/7/18)
Raven rants about things a few times.

4. Bippy
A Great Catch by Lorna Seilstad (8/6/18)
Emily's rear end is talked about.

5. Submarine races
A Family for the Cowboy by Linda Goodnight (8/11/18)
A Family for the Cowboy by Linda Goodnight

6. Split
Strike a Match by Lindzee Armstrong (8/8/18)
155 pages

7. Heavy
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George (8/1/18)
Jonquil is unconsolable when she thinks the king is going to force her to marry him.

8. It’s a gas
Don't Rock the Boat by Janice Thompson (8/3/18)
118 pages

9. Fuzz
Paige's Turn by Jennifer Peel (8/4/18)
206 pages

10. Hang loose
Settling Up by Eryn Scott (8/8/18)
Lauren takes a couple days off.

message 46: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Shash!

message 47: by Ferenc (last edited Aug 13, 2018 12:45AM) (new)

Ferenc (aeneth) | 1603 comments FINISHED!

Goal: 9/6+
Current level: Level 2: 6+ tasks

TASKS:
1. Foxy
Violent Cases by Neil Gaiman - 8/1/2018
With a 4 in the page count: 48 pages.

Cutting Edge by C.D. Reiss - 8/3/2018
A book with a "FOXY" MC: Both Caden and Greyson are "foxy".

2. Gimme some skin
Rough Edge by C.D. Reiss - 8/3/2018
Characters shake hands: “St. John,” he replied, shaking Caden’s hand first. (Kindle Locations 1360-1361)

3. What’s your bag?

4. Bippy
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - 8/2/2018
With a 2 in the page count: 324 pages.

5. Submarine races

6. Split
Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman - 8/4/2018
Fragile Things Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman An item that is split on the cover: the eggshells.

Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly - 8/4/2018
With a 5 in the page count: 65 pages.

7. Heavy
Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman – 8/2/2018
With a 7 in the page count: 117 pages.

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 8/5/2018
With a 6 or 0 in the page count: 64 pages.

10. Hang loose
The Tournament by Matthew Reilly - 8/5/2018
The Tournament by Matthew Reilly Where you would go on a day off: City break to Istanbul.

Violent Cases by Neil Gaiman Cutting Edge (The Edge, #0.5) by C.D. Reiss Rough Edge (The Edge, #1) by C.D. Reiss To Kill a Mockingbird (To Kill a Mockingbird, #1) by Harper Lee Fragile Things Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

message 48: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Ferenc!

message 49: by Rina (new)

Rina | 1084 comments Finished!

Levels

Progress: 8

TASKS:
1. Foxy
- Scarlet, Marissa Meyer, 04.08.2018 - 464 pages
- Fer-de-Lance, Rex Stout, 10.08.2018 - 304 pages
- Death Masks, Jim Butcher, 15.08.2018 - 464 pages

2. Gimme some skin

3. What’s your bag?
- Poirot Investigates, Agatha Christie, 07.08.2018
Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot, #3) by Agatha Christie

4. Bippy
- Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas, 05.08.2018 - 432 pages
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon, Sarah Addison Allen, 06.08.2018 - 280 pages

5. Submarine races

6. Split

7. Heavy
- Lilac Girls, Martha Hall Kelly, 08.08.2018 - 487 pages
- Todesreigen, Andreas Gruber, 11.08.2018 - 576 pages

8. It’s a gas

9. Fuzz

10. Hang loose

message 50: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Rina!

« previous 1