Start by marking “Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)

Devil in Winter

(Wallflowers #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  48,011 ratings  ·  2,998 reviews
Four young ladies enter London society and band together to each find a husband. Has the third "Wallflower" now met her match?

A Devil's Bargain

Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vin
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published February 28th 2006 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Devil in Winter, please sign up.
Soph It can be read as a stand alone, but I personally feel like you get more out of a novel when you know the background characters. Definitely give it a…moreIt can be read as a stand alone, but I personally feel like you get more out of a novel when you know the background characters. Definitely give it a read though!(less)

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Oh.

Your.

GOD.

Sebastian St. Vincent?

Yeah.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's really all I can say. I keep rereading parts of this book because the man just...he's just...I mean...words are just...not...how can I....express...no...

Auntee
May 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes to read!
Recommended to Auntee by: Eastofoz
What a truly beautiful, romantic book, with so many sigh-worthy moments, so many humorous moments, lots of wickedly sexy dialogue...and featuring some very satisfying emotional growth from both the hero and heroine. I've always loved the stammering, shy, yet beautiful red-headed 'Wallflower' character of Evie Jenner, and could hardly wait to read her story. But when the hero of this book, 32-year-old Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent was introduced in It Happened One Autumn, I had my doubts about him. ...more
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Reformed Rake Stars

photo mbhgxsdz_zpssbdgzh06.gif

*Spoilers*

Devil in Winter was AMAZING! I loved it. It's my favorite book of the series! Evie and Sebastian's story was even better than I expected and I expected a lot. From beginning to end it captivated me. The plot was entertaining. The hero and heroine charming and their love epic! Devil in Winter is now tied with Seduce Me at Sunrise for my favorite Lisa Kleypas book.

“I’m offering to marry you,” she said. “I want your protection. My father is too ill and weak to help
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Sebastian is one of the sexiest heroes ever written. Gosh the man just makes me melt. Out of all the Wallflowers, Evie is my favorite, hands-down. I thought she was an interesting character and I wanted to know more about her, although she didn't seem to say much. But what she did and didn't say sparked my curiosity about her. I knew I was eager to read her book. I was overjoyed that Ms. Kleypas paired her with Sebastian. I saw a possibility there between them, don't ask me why. Literally, I sai ...more
Jana
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
''How is Sebastian St. Vincent today?'' was the text message I had received this morning after my boyfriend had left for work.
''He's fine thank you.'' Was my reply with a huge grin on my face. Fucking bastard.
''Are you moaning his name?'' was his next reply.
''No, boyfriend, just yours with his picture in my mind.''
''He's blond, you don't like blonds.'' This was beginning to look like a full attack on my fantasies.
''I'm on models.com trying to find myself a face for him.''
'':) Have a nice d
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 StarsAUDIO book review
Sometimes the fractures in two separate souls become the very hinges that held them together.

Why? Why have I not read more historical romance? Because if they're anything like this book? *happy sigh*
A ruthless, immoral rake that does whatever he wants no matter the cost. A beautiful wallflower in a desperate situation, willing to make a deal with the devil. This book was absolute perfection.

The narrator was fantastic with doing various accents and intonations, which
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
TOP 5 TRAITS OF A GREAT ROMANTIC HERO:
Like Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent in Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter.

description

#5: A Great Romantic Hero Doesn’t Share His Heroine.

“I can’t think clearly. I’ve got knots in my stomach, and constant pains in my chest, and when I see you talking to any man, I go insane with jealousy… Do as you please. But when you’re with Rohan or any other man, keep in mind that you belong completely to me.”

description

#4: A Great Romantic Hero Views Sex With His Heroine As A Life Changing Event.

“He
Kinga
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Colour me baffled. Why does everyone love this book?

At least finally we have a genuine rake here – meaning a total selfish, overbearing asshole. He is a rake alright. He is also a rake in need of money. And then we have a shy, stuttering, abused heroine who has grown up in a family that can be described as dysfunctional. In a way it all makes sense, she would gravitate towards overbearing assholes, while he enjoys being one AND getting praise for being a little better than her fucked-up family.

S
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Devil in Winter is probably the most hyped historical romance novel I’ve ever come across, and while I really enjoyed it, I didn’t love LOVE it like everyone else did.

This is the story of Evie the wallflower, cursed with a stutter she has spent much of her life on the side. Once her home situation becomes life threateni
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
10 Second-Favorite-Book-of-all-Time STARS!!!!!!!

My love is upon you.

This isn’t your ordinary romance. It’s real. It’s dry. It’s cold….like winter. The perfect book for curling up in a big comfy chair with some English breakfast tea (my favorite) while it’s raining or snowing outside (or you can just read this book all year long, like me).

Between the covers

Lord Sebastian St. Vincent is not a good man. He is a man who
Jill
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it

Nature had squandered an unreasonable quantity of male beauty on this undeserving creature.

This was a re-read for me, having first read it when it came out in 2006, it was a little different this time around.

The Devil in Winter is amazingly popular. It has been often voted as readers' most popular romance novel. And its hero, Sebastian, Lord St Vincent readers' favourite romance hero. Ever. Its popularity, I think, is due almost entirely to its hero, Sebastian, and the pairing with th
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Devil in Winter is, no surprise here, another winner in Lisa Kleypas' Wallflower series.

In my opinion, this story was a deeper, slightly darker installment as we watch Evie escape the clutches of her horrid aunt and uncle, and take the necessary steps to remain free of them. It was a pleasure watching her overcome her shyness and learn to stand up for herself and fight for what she wants - to be with her father who is dying of consumption and to ease him through his final days. Ms. Kleypas wrote
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

Everything has already been said about this top favourite, and there are already tons of great reviews here on Goodreads covering both ends of the scale, so I won't go into storyline details, but as you can see by my rating, I happily fall in the category of readers who have utterly loved Devil in Winter.
The "marriage of convenience", the "opposites attract" and the "reformed rake" tropes are probably as old as the genre itself and have been done innumerable times before, though rarely as engagi
Sarah MacLean
Mar 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
greatest romance novel hero. possibly of all time.
Shawna
5++ stars – Historical Romance

It’s no wonder that The Devil in Winter is a Kleypas fan favorite and historical romance reader’s dream because the beautiful, touching, and evocative love story of awkwardly shy wallflower with profound, quiet inner strength, Evangeline Jenner, and dashing libertine and unscrupulous, villainous rake Sebastian, Viscount St. Vincent, is absolute magic. Verrry big 5 stars for this remarkable, beautifully romantic, top favorite, keeper!

I think this quote from Marcus,
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Sencillamente MARAVILLOSO. Esta lectura me ha gustado más aún que las previas (que han sido varias en un año...) y de verdad que no nos puedo expresar el sentimiento de felicidad que me corre por las venas con esta historia, es de ésas que logran emocionarme con cada palabra que leo. Mi vida lectora es más feliz teniendo en ella a Sebastian St. Vincent.
(Y para más fangirleo, pinchad en el enlace de abajo y leed nuestra opinión en el blog!)
Nuestra reseña en A la cama con... un libro
5 maravillo
Amy | Foxy Blogs

FOUR POINT FIVE STARS

THE HUSBAND HUNTERS ARE BACK!
In London (1843) a pact is made between 4 wallflowers. They will help each other find husbands starting with the oldest and working down to the youngest.

(1) Annabelle is the oldest of the pact. Married - first book.
(2) Lillian is a rich American who has not acclimated to England.
(3) Evie is painfully shy and stutters.
(4) Daisy is the younger sister to Lillian.

Evie is in a predicament where her relatives are going to marry her off to her cousin
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Reformed Rake Stars

I was really ready not to like this book. I was totally loving St. Vincent in the last one until….well you know what he did.
“He didn’t seem to take it well, my borrowing of his betrothed.”
“You k-kidnapped her,” Evangeline countered calmly. “‘Borrowing’ implies that you intended to give her back.”

But it seems that our little stammering Evie is just as desperate if not even more so than St. Vincent and needs a husband quick. Evie has way more strength and gumption than I h
Grecia Robles
***** 5 Mi Amor es Tuyo STARS*****

—Quiero satisfacerte por completo —dijo él tras agachar la frente hasta apoyarla en la suya—. Dejar mi huella en tu alma. Quiero darte más placer del que puedas imaginar. Quiero hacer el amor contigo, Evie, como nunca lo he hecho con ninguna mujer.

Sebastián te doy acceso a mi cuenta bancaria y ¿Te casarías conmigo?

Y obviamente la respuesta es un sí.

Y llegamos al turno de otra Wallflowers, la más tímida de todas, con su respectiva conquista nada más ni men
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.)
Gabriel Aubry as Lord St. Vincent; Amy Adams as Evangeline Jenner.
[image error][image error]
[image error][image error]

Top Ten Reasons to Listen to Rosalyn Landor read you Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter on Audio:

1. A favorite book, as narrated by Ms. Landor, is ALWAYS kicked up a notch; it is so worth a re-visit via your ears.

2. She does the American accents, for both Daisy and Lillian Bowman, with authenticity and still manages to distinguish them by infu
Marisa Sauco
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El encanto de esta historia se lo atribuyo, por completo, a sus protagonistas, tan diferentes y, a la vez, tan compatibles entre sí. Adorables Evie y Sebastian (aunque mi corazón se inclina un poquito más por Evie). ❤

«—Me importa un comino que alguien nos vea —le dijo él—. Eres mi esposa. —Y se inclinó para acariciarle la mejilla—. Mi premio. Mi placer y mi dolor. Mi deseo infinito. Nunca he conocido a alguien como tú, Evie. —Le rozó el puente de la nariz con los labios—. Te atreves a exigirme c

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I've heard about the "polarizing" event in the previous book that caused so many people to hate Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent. I also agree with what others are saying; that despite all the other characters in the book telling the readers, repeatedly, what a villain he is, he sure doesn't walk the walk (apart from that one incident). If I'm going to suck it up and read a book about a rake and a virgin, then by God, I want a man who is in desp
Alice Kellen
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos
Mi preferido de la serie. No hay duda, dame un protagonista de pasado turbio que reformar y seré feliz. Si encima es irónico y bocachancla como Sebastian, la mitad del trabajo está hecho. Y si a ello le añadimos una protagonista genial para suavizar ese ego de más, pues se va directo a favoritos ❤
Yolanda
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MARAVILLOSO, qué DELICIA de lectura. Absolutamente MARAVILLOSO. lo que he disfrutado, madreeeeee míaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sebastian St. Vincent... he muerto de purito love.
La aparición de Cam Rohan.... ayyyyyyy Cam
Jilly
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sooooo good! I loved St. Vincent in the last book and in this one he actually gets more swoon-worthy.

St. Vincent, who was more than a little intimidating, with his golden beauty and wintery ice-blue eyes , and a mouth made for kisses and lies. He looked like a fallen angel, replete with all the dangerous male beauty that Lucifer could devise.

alexander skarsgard photo: Alexander Skarsgard 1247108729_resized.png

Along with his gorgeous looks is a wicked sense of humor about his own depravity. When he tells Evie that he doesn't want her living in the apartments o
Helena _Triz
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutamente enamorada de esta saga. Para mi, sin duda este es el mejor libro de los 4. Me han enamorado por completo sus protagonistas. Es relectura y aún así lo he disfrutado mucho.
Ingie
Written February 3, 2015

3.8 Stars - A very sweet 'Wallflowers' tale. My first but not last

I know a lot of friends and romance readers love Devil in Winter. A historical high up on several 'best-lists' and it have been on my TBR a while now. ~ I got hold of an 11 hrs audio recording narrated by Rosalyn Landor and started with big expectations.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Eleven audiobooks-hours passed quickly
Charming sweet!! - I smiled from start to end.

**********************************************

London, England 1843

Evang
AgentScully
Sep 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the loveliest historical romances I've ever read. Sebastian is a darling. Indolent, witty and an amoral rake, he constantly surprises himself by his feelings for Evie and his efforts on her behalf. From the beginning he protects and takes care of her. He never mocks her stutters or social clumsiness. The scene where he asks her what it will take for him to get back into her bed is awww-worthy.

Evie is a worthy heroine. Spirited but not foot-stampingly annoying, stubborn but not st
María Ángeles
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pues Lisa Kleypas lo ha conseguido. Mira que dudé bastante en que consiguiera cambiar mi opinión sobre Sebastian después de lo que le había hecho a Lillian, pero a base de actuar una y otra vez, pasito a pasito, de una forma tan consecuente desde que Evie se presenta ante él, han hecho que lo perdone.
Que lo perdone y que lo adore por cada pequeño detalle. Por el calientapies, por comprarle ese vestido negro de terciopelo, por afeitar a su padre y tratarlo tan respetuosamente, por confiar en Cam
♥Rachel♥
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved Evie and Sebastian's romance! Wanted to read their story since I read Gabriel (their son) and Pandora's in Devil in Spring. Any fan of Devil in Winter should pick up Devil in Spring to see Evie and Sebastian in the future.

People mistook Evie for a shy wallflower with her stuttering, but it was clear from page one she had some determination and backbone. Her mother's family was just awful and I'm glad she had the chance to ditch them!

Sebastian was a infamous rake, so I was pleasantly surpr
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • Unlocked (Turner, #1.5)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • Not Quite a Husband (The Marsdens, #2)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn

Wallflowers (4 books)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
“A man's vanity is more fragile that you might think. It's easy for us to mistake shyness for coldness, and silence for indifference.” 400 likes
“Mysteries of attraction could not always be explained through logic. Sometimes the fractures in two separate souls became the very hinges that held them together.” 308 likes