Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium discussion

Alex or Julian???

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,844 (1844 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

message 1: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali okay...someone had to start this...so i guess i will.

I know the majority of people out there are probably going with Alex, and honestly, I thought I would be too, but I just finished reading Pandemonium, and I find myself on Julian's side...

Julian, granted, is naive, who has grown up surrounded by DFA propoganda. But say what you will, he is strong. He virtually watched his brother die at his father's hand. On his own he found the banned books and read them, looked at photos he shouldn't be looking at. Pretended when he shouldn't be.

Alex had grown up in that environment. He never knew what it was like to not be an "invalid." He was surrounded by freedom all his life. his environment was one where he grew up not accepting the cure and the propoganda.

Both Lena and Julian had to come to those conclusions on their own. So...thinking of it that way, it makes sense that Lena feels more comfortable with Julian. Her life experiences are closer to his than they were to Alex's.

So those are my thoughts...I'm rooting for Julian...

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 28, 2012 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Alex all the way! Lena should have been looking for him in the first place and never should have even let this happen. While Julian seems nice enough and I feel bad for him...Alex was the one in prison for a year for Lena! Well I also think Julian will have health problems in the wilds.

ღIsabellaღ Alex!!! I don't hate Julian or anything but... Alex!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm 3/4 of the way done the book and still rooting for Alex, only time will tell (Haha more like once I finish the book I will tell...) which guy I prefer.

message 5: by Megan Jensen (last edited Feb 29, 2012 01:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan Jensen Julian, definitely. First love doesnt mean best love, and once you have moved on from the past and have accepted the loss of someone you loved (I feel like although Lena still missed Alex, she had accepted he was gone), it is better to keep moving forward than look back. I will always remember my first love and care about him, but if he came back into my life now when I am finally open to other guys again, I'd be even unhappier. It's like, you spend all this time repairing your heart and learning how to function without that person... Get to the point where you're okay again (and Lena is happy with Julian)... Then he shows back up suddenly when you've finally found someone else who makes you happy too? Thats just going to screw you up again since you've moved/are moving on, plus if you've spent time apart and have experienced new things, you're not even going to know each other anymore. Granted, it was only six months, but Lena changed a ton between Delirium and Pandemonium. I guess I just feel like sometimes there isnt any going back. and let's be real... How many of us end up with the first guy we fell for? And how many of us are ultimately glad that we didn't? So I think she ought to go for Julian :). Not that I object to Alex by any means ;).

Jennifer Yes but having a first love come back now after we broke up for real reasons is different than someone I wanted to be with but died coming back from the dead?!

zara I don't think alex is the same alex Lena fell in love with. I don't what they did to him but in that last scene, he seemed to hate lena and love.

Emily Alex Alex Alex!!! I was NOT able to connect with Julien at all! I NEED Lena to pick Alex! Lena pick Alex! i dont understand how she could forget about Alex and fall for another guy so easily??

Megan Jensen Jennifer wrote: "Yes but having a first love come back now after we broke up for real reasons is different than someone I wanted to be with but died coming back from the dead?!"

Well, yes, but either way you've coached yourself into believing they're 100% gone. I just don't know why you'd give up something good in the present to go back to something from the past that may or may not still be there. Like Zara said, Alex seems to be different, and Lena is different too... And with all the issues (Aka: ”Why do you have a boyfriend when I've been rotting in jail?”) they'd have to work through and the trust they'd have to get back... I dunno. Just seems like an awful lot of ”maybe” to me when she loves Julian too and we know Julian fell in love with who she became, not who she was.

message 10: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali I agree 100% and wasn't that one of the major themes in the book...

"There is no past."

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Emily wrote: "Alex Alex Alex!!! I was NOT able to connect with Julien at all! I NEED Lena to pick Alex! Lena pick Alex! i dont understand how she could forget about Alex and fall for another guy so easily??"

yea, exactly! i didn't get how she could just get over alex so fast and then fall in love with another guy, who she has only known for like 2 weeks. i do like julian and i think he's a great character but i still love alex and i hope she ends up with him.

Mahlyn ALEX all the way!!

Emily M wrote: "ALEX all the way!!"

THANK YOU! someone gets me ! Alex cannot be replaced by some dorky guy who doesn't even know what love is!

Jennifer Emily wrote: "M wrote: "ALEX all the way!!"

THANK YOU! someone gets me ! Alex cannot be replaced by some dorky guy who doesn't even know what love is!"

I'm with you too! 100% I think there will be drama next book but then Alex will learn Lena never stopped loving him she just thought he was dead and they will get back together.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Emily wrote: "M wrote: "ALEX all the way!!"

THANK YOU! someone gets me ! Alex cannot be replaced by some dorky guy who doesn't even know what love is!"

I'm with you too! 100% I think there will b..."

I agree! Sure, Alex was pissed when he saw Lena making out with Julian, but seriously who wouldn't be? If Alex was dead, then I think Julian would be next best, but he isn't so Lena definetly belongs with Alex!

Viola OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! so delerium was my faveorite book ever. Now Pandemonium is my new fave i just cant get over the ending and im going to go insane waiting for the third one... to find out what happens next. eeeek

Amanda Alex all the way. If it wasnt for Alex their would b no story no novel no excitement no new goal driven, fighting, amazing Lena. Alex made her what she is now in the book. Alex 100%. Julien's a good guy and all but no im sorry no way.

Amanda Valerie wrote: "Her relationship with Julian seemed natural to me. When you go through stressful and terrible things with someone I'm guessing you can't help but get very close with them.

As for how easily she g..."

I agree with u 100% it does seem that their relationship came out of their desperation and cmon if u were trapped somewhere by yourself with a good looking guy then yeah eventually u guys r gonna like each other! but it seems to b more infatuation than love.

Lis (The Reader L) OMG! I really liked Julian, but he's not Alex!
I mean, I love Alex, he was the first, and he is stronger.. and maybe he has the broken heart. I don't know, but I was hating Lena... what if Alex was waiting for her to help him?
I think Lena, accepted too easy his death.
And Julain is cute, but is weak..

Lis (The Reader L) Sam wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Emily wrote: "M wrote: "ALEX all the way!!"

I'm with you too! 100% I t..."

I agree! Alex must not be replaced!

Carolyn Alex! I feel like her "love" with Julian isn't that legit. Julian knows nothing about anything other than what the DFA has taught him and doesn't have a clue what is going on. Lena is the first girl he's ever even really had a conversation with that is her own age. Also, Lena never really had a moment where she officially decided to love Julian and forget about Alex. Even when she was going to save Julian and after she kissed him she was still thinking about Alex. Deep down I think she knows that Alex is the one for her.

Lastly, Alex literally took a bullet for her! Probably more than one! Julian can't even handle himself! If Alex had a planned execution there is no doubt that he would escape or at least attempt to escape. Julian just gave up.

message 22: by Ali (last edited Mar 02, 2012 02:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali yes...alex did take a bullet for her...but he did it so she could LIVE and LOVE...he didn't give himself up so she could mope around for eternity in the wilds...

and Julian killed someone for her...

she has different feelings for each boy...and whatever she is feeling for julian is BRAND NEW. Who knows where it will be or would be going...

Emily What was the point of her loving Alex in the first place then? If all she was going to do is give up as soon as she thinks he is dead and fall in love with a guy she barely knows in like a weeks time.... then why even tell the story? I believe Julian cares much more about her than she cares about him. And.... I am hoping so bad she gets back together with Alex as soon as possible.

Seaspray13 ALEX!ALEX!ALEX!ALEX!ALEX!

Marina I hope Lena ends up with Julian.I never really liked Alex, I mean of course the end of delirium broke my heart. But then Julian came in and I started hoping for Lena to like him, even if somehow I knew Alex would show up. I agree with what people said, Lena changed!

Emily How can you root for a guy who doesn't even know what love is? Lena fell a little for him out of desperation, she fell for Alex out of love...

Marina Lena didn't know what love was either when she fell for Alex. Plus, Alex was the first boy her age she actually talked to. So I think it's not fair to judge Julian. Alex was the only one how knew what love felt like.

Nichole I have to lean towards julian. I'm a little confused as to why people are angry at lena for not being 100% dedicated to alex. That isnt how it works in the real world. Lena has a right to be happy no matter what her decision is.

message 29: by Mary (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Marina wrote: "I hope Lena ends up with Julian.I never really liked Alex, I mean of course the end of delirium broke my heart. But then Julian came in and I started hoping for Lena to like him, even if somehow I ..."

Why didn't you like Alex? I am just curious.

Lauren This is a hard one. But after finishing Pandemonium, I believe Julian might be the one she ultimately chooses. Alex was her first love and the one her taught her how to really love and feel. When she thought he died, I felt that was the impetus she needed to become a strong, self-reliant and eventually a truly compassionate person --who knows more about life than a person who has loved and lost? Because of losing Alex she was better able to understand Julian and his pain at having lost his brother. I feel they had more in common. Lena tells Julian things she never even told Alex. My only fear is that Julian and Lena's relationship came about on the back of a traumatic incident (ie. being kidnapped and fighting for their life). The closeness that breeds and the 'live for now' urgency, might have created a false bond that will easily crumble.

I fear that Lena has many a tough choice to face in the next book. Alex came across in the end as very hardened and angry. My big question is, was he cured? I hope she chooses Julian and they can learn and grow together. Out with the old and on with the new! hahaha

Emily I don't understand why you would read the book if you didn't even like Alex? He is a huge part of the story... so I'm just wondering how you didn't even like him in the first place?

Nichole Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Alex either. I liked him, but he didn't make me swoon like some of the other ya boys have. I also didn't think he was a huge part of Delirium. Yes, he was a major character. However, the story was about Lena finding herself and figuring out how corrupted the world around her really was. Alex was a part of it, yes, and he helped her with coming to her ultimate decision. However, I can see why one wouldn't like him.

Marina Courtney wrote: "Emily wrote: "I don't understand why you would read the book if you didn't even like Alex? He is a huge part of the story... so I'm just wondering how you didn't even like him in the first place?"
..."

Exactly !

Sarah Courtney wrote: "I don't think Alex was cured, and here's why:
He escaped.
Why would he escape is he was cured?"

I'm sure he would want to escape the Crypts whether he was cured or not, since they are basically tortured there.

Sarah Courtney wrote: "The thing is, Jennifer, Lena genuinely thought that Alex was dead. I would too, if I was her. As for Alex or Julian, I'm torn between them both. I think they're both good for her, but I think we'll be seeing a different side to Alex in Requiem. I love them both, though, I really do."

Agreed. Honestly, no matter who she chooses, I will feel bad for the other. They have both sacrificed a lot for Lena. I was torn equally between the two of them after reading Pandemonium, but all of this Julian hate on here is making me lean more towards him :P Poor guy.

message 36: by Mags (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mags Valerie wrote: "I think that in the next book Julian is going to find out that Raven and Tack set Lena and Julian up and he's going think Lena was in on it. Julian will be upset with Lena, and meanwhile Alex and L..."

Ohh that's my theory too ...

I'm TEAM ALEX!!!

Why???

Lena and Alex were ... mhhh "dating" for a while ... they got to know each other, and fell in love.

Julian and Lena met in a stressful situation so they had to relay on each other to survive, and that created a bond between them ... also Lena was lonely and missing Alex and somehow Julian filled the hole in Lena's heart. Ohh and they were together like ... a week ... right?

Lena says that she feels more confortable with Julian than Alex, but I believe that's because she is stronger now and more confident, she's not sneaking around to meet him like she did with Alex... the situation is different.

I just hope Lauren Oliver won't kill Julian with cancer ... I don't think she'll do it but ... well ... the worst case scenario ... Lena wouldn't have to choose (Like Caia with Ren and Shay in Bloodrose Nightshade Trilogy).

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm team alex. After reading Pandemonium I thought that Julian didn't seem real in the book. Julian's just the person who saved her and was stuck with her for ages.Kind of like a fishbowl relashionship. They both get put in the same place so they fall in love.

Debora Araujo I just have to say that while I was reading that last page I just couldn`t stop screaming `OH MY GOD !` ! LOL ! And I hate to say it but I`m hoping she ends up with Julian.
Don`t get me wrong, I love Alex and I understand how deep was their relationship, being him who taught her how to love.
But when I was reading Pandemonium I started to heal with Lena after Alex's death. I know its kinda creapy but I started to feel less and less his absence and started to give more value to his importance in her life.
Meanwhile appear Julian and I just feel in love with him. Many people say that he is kind of naive but I have to disagree. To stay with Lena he had to go against what everyone expected of him, he had to requestion everything in his life. I just feel that their love grew naturally, without external forces, and I find that amazing.
But anyway, I want both of them for me !! hahahahah ! And I`ll be happy if Lena ends up with one or another

message 39: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali Debora wrote: "I just have to say that while I was reading that last page I just couldn`t stop screaming `OH MY GOD !` ! LOL ! And I hate to say it but I`m hoping she ends up with Julian.
Don`t get me wrong, I lo..."

i agree with everything you wrote...i hadn't read delirium since the fall and when i did, i fell in love with alex...especially at the end...but then i read pandemonium, and i fell for julian, and when alex showed up, i was upset...so yeah, we'll see i'm sure however it's written, i will be happy and heartbroken all at once...

message 40: by MO (new) - rated it 4 stars

MO I bet Julian will die in the third book (from a seizure or his tumor) and Lena will end up with Alex....at least, I hope she ends up with Alex!

message 41: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali i don't know if she will go the whole seizure route...it makes sense, but it's also exactly like what happens to zane in the uglies trilogy...dying of a seizure with the rebellion...

Giorgia ALEX!!!

Carolyn I hate love triangles and for some reason I can never ever let myself root for the 2nd boy that comes into the picture. Even if I actually like the new boy better it doesn't change my feelings. The only way I switch my loyalties is if the first boy (in this case Alex) does something to merit Lena not wanting him anymore. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. Like what changed in the way Lena feels for Alex? I'm like this for all love triangle stories and they almost never choose the 1st boy and it upsets me hahaha

Rajshree I do love Julian but Alex was the first. I loved him ever since he came up on the observation deck, and i'll always pick him.

Courtney Starks I don't know which one to root for. Alex's only line of dialog in the book was intentionally ambiguous. It is hard to say whether he even still wants Lena. Lena obviously still wanted him up to her imprisonment with Julian, so I feel like it is impossible to know who wants what. I am so frustrated to have to wait another year for Requiem.

Bridget same here i loved julian butthen alex was there and im Like bAD LENA very Bad !!!!! and Ooh alex...Julian How can i decid ??

Ashley Definitely, Alex. Hands down.

Fatema i just finished the book and ,OMG the ending, right now im 100% team julian

Bridget Courtines wrote: "I don't know which one to root for. Alex's only line of dialog in the book was intentionally ambiguous. It is hard to say whether he even still wants Lena. Lena obviously still wanted him up to her..."

exactly!!!!!!!!

Mallory When Alex saw them, my heart broke into a million pieces because can you imagine traveling miles and miles to find your true love and she her kissing another guy???
Anyways I'm team Alex and if Lena and Alex don't get together, I am going to cry myself to sleep the night I finish the book 3

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37