Start by marking “Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)” as Want to Read:
Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)

Bloodrose

(Nightshade #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  27,231 ratings  ·  2,288 reviews
Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there
Published January 3rd 2012 by Philomel

Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,514 books — 15,700 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,320 books — 10,684 voters

More lists with this book...

·  27,231 ratings  ·  2,288 reviews

Start your review of Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
Dija
Thoughts before reading:

What I want demand to see in this book:

1. More Ren. We got a book dedicated to Shay, now I want one solely for Ren!!
2. No Shay. He's not even worthy of the screen-time he got in Wolfsbane, and it would be terribly inconsiderate of Cremer if she makes us tolerate him for one more entire book.
3. Calla growing up for once and making decisions for herself that don't immediately put everyone close to her in mortal danger.
4. Emile dying an extremely painful and drawn-out
Jana

EDIT 10/7/12: If you want to feel loads better about this, read Nightshade 3.5: The Aftermath. I think it's only available as an e-book though. BUT TRUST ME. IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE ENDING. AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, GIVE YOU HOPE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING????????? Argh. I LOVE everything about this book. Except for the ultimate ending. I felt as if Cremer took the eas
Marie
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
description

Soooooo ANGRY! Just want to scream and forget what I just read.
I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.
BLOODROSE IS ONE OF THE WORST BOOKS EVER!!!!!! WITH AN ENDING THAT...IS WELL, CRAP.
This once amazing series is now ruined. It had so much potential..
I cannot believe what happened, and I LOVED this series, I gave both book 1 and 2 5 stars!
What I read, was shocking. All i can say is I wish I never read the series and am devasted, as will most fans be. I will always LOVE REN.
I cannot believe I w
Stormy
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
** LOTS OF CURSING AND RANTING!

There is only one word to describe how I am feeling at this moment.

P I S S E D

I hate myself for finishing the series.

WHAT A HORRIBLE ENDING!

UGH, I FEEL GUTTED.

Anyone who is Team Ren or has any amount of love for him, should not bother with this book. Your dreams, your hopes, will be smashed. You will regret it! Well, I certainly do.

(view spoiler)
MISS VAIN
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY
Congratulations Andrea Cremer for taking one of my favorite series and turning the last book in the trilogy into The Biggest Dissapointment I've read all year.

******My review is NOT based on the "winner" of Calla's heart*****

Im so pleased I didn't actually invest money on purchasing this book.....Since I read an ARC of this I'm thinking maybe this was Ms. Cremer's idea of a joke and she's rewriting and editing as we speak??!? Surely this can not be the finished copy??!! Say it isn't so Andrea
Jenna
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
(I assume you would be reading this review because you know all about the series, since this is the third book., so I will no longer summarize, etc, but I’ll be DIRECT to the point!)
Warning: there are rants in this review. lots of ‘em. and don’t read on if you don’t like rants.

HEARTBREAKING. Totally, downright and ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT DEPRESSING.

I haven’t, in my entire existence, ever read a book that I wanted to reap out into shreds for the unfairness of how the story went. I gave it a TWO star
Steph Sinclair
Aug 17, 2011 marked it as due-to-reviews-lost-interest
Let's do a little pre-reviewing.

If there is one thing that irritates me about this books blurb it's this sentence:
"There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath."
What?! Are we still on this tip Cremer? WTF? Shay's wrath? This is the issue I have with this series. Cremer can run around screaming "girl power!" all she wants, but I'll tell you what's really going on here. Boarderline domestic abuse disguised as love in sheep's clothing. Shay is an awful character and I'm sorry if his im
~Poppy~
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't know how I feel about this book!I loved the plot but I liked everyone except Calla!!
Annabelle
***FINAL RATING: 2.80 STARS***

CATCHALL
I really wanted to love this book. It hurts me that I couldn't love this book. I tried very hard, I really did. I honestly really tried to love this book. And after what I've heard, I was sure I would. But in the end, it wasn't for me. I liked it well enough, but I don't love it. And I can't. I just can't. This book made me cry for probably about an hour, and not necessarily happy tears. I can't give this book the rating I want to.

THE HEROINE
CALLA TO
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
*BEFORE READING*

Team Ren all the way. If Calla ends up with Shay I will be so disappointed.

*AFTER READING*

WARNING:some swearing ahead

I think I hate this book more than Twilight series. And this is the worst way to get out of a love triangle. (view spoiler)
Annie Brewer
Dec 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
I can't believe it. I have waited a long time for this book and the day finally came and now.......well SHIT!!!!! I wish it NEVER came and I NEVER wasted my money. OMG. I loved the first 2 books. They were amazing, eventhough like I said before in my other reviews that I hated Calla. Yea, well THAT NEVER changed. OMG, Andrea WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????????? Seriously, you are an amazing writer but this book totally RUINED the entire series for me.

SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH for breaking my heart into
Nisha
Oct 07, 2011 added it
Why i think Calla and Ren should be together!

In the first book, at the end when Calla and Shay were about to leave and Ren found out he didnt stop them he actually let her go even tho he knew she was going off with Shay. He did it for her knowing that he was going to be in trouble. i think thats true love. .

And Shay

he gets mad when she brings up Ren . he doesnt even like the fact she is helping Ren. but he has no problem knowing that calla gets in trouble helping him.

that is not true love!
Nikita Shankar
Jan 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who will join me in a wild rampage to hunt Shay till his demise
Alright, I literally just opened a goodreads account so I could write this review for Bloodrose.
Why you ask? Because this book completely BLEW ME and I needed to rant and rave...Wait...cut that, this is only a RANT!

First off, be warned...this contains spoilers as I see no other way to put across my thoughts and feeling without referring to the book. After all, this is a rant, an outlet to get out my jacked up feelings.

All I can say is...WTF was going on in the ending? RENIER LAROCHE DIES! Like j
Lisa Desrochers
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
BLOODROSE is amazing no... fantabulous I got it...orgasmic Hmm... There's not a word to describe how good this book is. Trust me, you want to read it. Now. And feel free to hate me. ;p
Holli
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing

HOLLI’S REVIEW

“Do you still want Ren?”
I listened to my own heartbeat for a minute before answering.
“Yes.”
“That’s one hot mess, Cal.” Ansel smiled at me.

I milked this book for a week before I finally ripped off the Band-Aid and finished it up! Needless to say, I am one hot mess myself and I have a million things going on inside this brain of mine that I want to discuss. Unfortunately there is just not enough room, time, or patience on my part to hit them all, so bear with me, please!

Going int
Whitney
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who can withstand heartbreak...and who likes wolves.
Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

That ending. The last few chapters. Oh my God. My heart. It's broken. Ren. Oh, my poor Ren. I can't even.

Photobucket

I cannot believe that happened. How could an author be THAT cruel. I seriously can't fathom how brokenhearted I am. When I read that part, I couldn't stop crying. Holy shit. Thanks for breaking my heart and stomping on the pieces, Cremer. No really, thank you. See what you do to me? I can't even write a decent review.

Photobucket

Just...let me go wallow in my tears..
is mee... kissa
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
no.. just... no. un. fair.
there was one part in this book that pretty much destroyed all meaning of this story to me (view spoiler), but apart from that, i was pretty much bored throughout this book (notice how long it took me to read it. i think that is a record for me right there). i realised that i was only really paying attention to scenes with Ren in it, and there were a lot less than i thought there would be, so that's a down side. aside from t
Jo
Dec 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
What?? Really?? I stayed up all night to read this book, and now I am mad I missed my sleep. What a waste! I hate when I am in love with a series just to have it end all wrong. My girl ended up with the WRONG person. The ending was horrible! This book would have been a 5 star for me but it went all wrong. never would I have guessed that ending! I feel disappointed, let down, and I can't lie...angry! I'm sad to say but I can't recommend this book.

One more thing... I am so mad at how much money I
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
Ok. Here goes.....

2stars....yea, 2 feckin stars!! Never would have saw this shit coming but I should known since my girl Miss Vain gave it a 1! If I say too much it will spoil the surprise so Ill just wing it.

As others have said...this has nothing to do with Calla's choice. I would given this book a 4 maybe a 5 if certain events did not come to pass. I would say, but you'll just have to read this train wreck to understand! The ending I got it, knew it had to be done now that Iv thought about it
Sarah Medina
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kristy Mills
Dec 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: A cage fighter. Finish this series right before step in the cage and you're guaranteed a win.
Before reading the book

Read the first chapter. http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/static/p...

I have hope!! For Ren and Calla.

“You’re not getting out of this,” he growled, pulling me against
him. “I’m not letting you go. Not again.”
“I know,” I said, not resisting when he kissed me, wondering just
how deep a hole I was digging myself into. But I was afraid that saying anything to counter Ren’s hopes would make him change his
mind about coming with me. I couldn’t let that happen.
“Good.”
I felt him s
Booknut
To all readers reading this book:

And that ending...THAT ENDING!!

Jess
Aug 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ruined-series
You failed Andrea. Epically. What total bullshit ending was that. At 84% when It happened I stopped caring like I knew I would. I didn't want to know anymore and kept reading for these characters: Ansel, Bryn, Mason, Nev, Connor, Adne, Ethan and Stephen. No-one else.

This isn't my full review but it's part of it. I don't know if I'll even rate it to be honest.

FAIL!
Rasmus
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
- Just finished this book and WOW.
Some thoughts about the book, spoilers might be present.

1. Calla going back and forth was a major drag.

2. This is book 3, I could handle her not knowing who to choose in book 1 but still going on in book 3 i MEAN CMON..

3. Them getting turned back to wolfs was pretty good, shay getting turned was pretty nonsense though imo, having him stay human so calla could swim in self loathing would have made me give this book 1 more star. Still that ending was harsh imagine
Mariya
Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, shifters
People will either love or hate BLOODROSE. I am dead serious. I mean love as in smiling the entire time through the book and stuck with your eyes to the pages. And hate as in throwing the book across the room in a fit of rage. Calla really made me a bit mad in Nightshade, and in Wolfsbane she became better. Don't even mention BLOODROSE! I am enraged at this woman right now! I'm sorry, but I'm not really a huge Calla fan right now. Calla is a strong female alpha and all, but when it comes to rela ...more
Duchess Nicole
Wow, what a way to end a series...and not necessarily in a good way. Cremer has never showed a marked attachment to her characters. But she goes way out there with some things that happen in this book...I think if anyone reads this series, the way it will be remembered will always be defined by what happens during the last two chapters of this book.

Did I like the ending? No. Especially the epilogue. It was just so out of left field that it didn't feel like it was part of this story. I believe if
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
Guardians were made from the beasts that rule their souls, forced to share a human body so they would be servants to the Keepers.

Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

Compared to the first novel in this series, I felt like this was a bit messy. It's still an easy read - the way Andrea Cremer writes makes the language flow easily and you read 50 pages in an hour if you give yourself the time - but the messy story, mainly the romance part, made me put it on hold several times. I'm just not a fan
Saniya
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shay. My Gun. I am coming for you.
Stephanie (Bookfever)
What. The. Fuck?
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
On the first pages, I thought wow, this book is going to have the promise of greatness. To start it off, Calla (view spoiler)

But even as only a few pages past by, I knew what was to come to pass. (view spoiler)
The ending. Did you like it or not??? 41 492 Oct 04, 2019 04:28AM
who didnt like the ending? 74 257 Nov 06, 2016 10:34PM
REN OR SHAY 18 106 Aug 11, 2016 05:21AM
I'm Confuzzled. Is Shay forever a wolf or not? 9 58 Aug 11, 2016 05:20AM
Who else was ticked off at Cremer? 19 57 Nov 30, 2014 06:39PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer --> STARTS NOVEMBER 8 2013 18 19 Nov 10, 2013 03:57PM
I need websites ASAP!!! 2 14 Aug 04, 2013 02:41AM

• Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)
  • Vanish (Firelight, #2)
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)
  • Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #4)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
Andrea Cremer also known as Andrea Robertson, is the author of the internationally bestselling Nightshade series. She spent her childhood daydreaming and roaming the forests and lakeshores of Northern Wisconsin.

Andrea has always loved writing and has never stopped writing, but she only recently plunged into the deep end of the pool that is professional writing. Before she wrote her first novel, A

Nightshade (3 books)
  • Nightshade (Nightshade, #1; Nightshade World, #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)

News & Interviews

“Oh gods! My eyes!" Connor covered his face. "My innocence!"
"Shut up, Connor," I said, both relieved and disappointed by the interruption.”
137 likes
“Love wasn't forged by circumstance or changed by sorrow. It simply was. Fierce and free as the wolf within me.” 93 likes