Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Yearly Challenges > 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear That TBR

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Krysta (last edited Jun 18, 2017 12:56PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR
Duration: June 1st, 2017 – December 31st, 2017

Since we didn't set up any Yearly Challenges for 2017, I'm setting up a 6-month challenge to help clear off your TBR.

I'm using the same concept that Sarbi set up in her challenge, My ABCs *Name Game* challenge in July 2015, except this will only be a 6 month challenge, not 12 months.
Since this is a 6 month challenge, you can spell your first name only, or your full name if you wish.
Also, if you don't want everyone knowing your full name, you can list the letters alphabetically.

Example:
K - A book with 250 pages or more
R - Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red)
Y - Yellow (50% or more, and any shade of yellow)
S - Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves)
T - Any Paranormal Romance novel
A - Written by your favorite author

-OR-

Challenge Rules:
→ When you sign up for the challenge, please post some kind of a place saver so that I can link you up under the participants. Once you have decided on your books, just edit that post so that the link under the Participants List will go to your list!

→ When you finish reading a book, please edit your post and add the date completed.

→ Post the covers as well, especially when the challenge requires a specific cover.

→ You may only use each book once in the challenge, but feel free to use the same titles in other challenges!

→ When you complete the challenge, please copy and paste your entire, completed list as a brand new message to make it easier for everyone to see what you've read, and to have your name marked as "completed".

→ If you decide that you've bitten off more than you can chew, feel free to let me know you'd like to downgrade, or even back out of the challenge. Please do not delete the post. It will mess up the links to other participants' postings if you do.

Tasks:

B - Blue cover (50% or more, and any shade of blue)
C - Features your favorite paranormal/supernatural creature
D - Author's name has a "D" somewhere in it (you may use the full name)
E - Total number of pages ends with "5"
F - First book on your TBR (the one that's been on your TBR the longest)
G - Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green)
H - Heat things up with a steamy read (pick an erotic/steamy romance novel)
I - A stand-alone novel
J - Title has 4 words or more (excluding "A", "An" or "The")
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel
M - Written by a male author
N - Published in your birth month
O - Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange)
P - Purple cover (50% or more, and any shade of purple)
Q - A book with at least 4 stars on Goodreads
U - A book with 250 pages or less
V - Novel staring Vampires
W - Your favorite cover on your TBR
X - The most recent addition to your TBR
Z - Title or author's name has "J", "Q", "V", "W", "X", or "Z" somewhere in it (you may use the author's full name)

If you have any questions, please ask!

Also, thank you so much to Jen for providing this awesome tool for the cover color tasks! Just put the cover in on the website and it will break down the colors for you!
You do not have to use this website. If the cover looks to be a certain color to most people, use it.
I've had several covers that I thought looked orange, but TinEye Lab said they were brown. Use your best judgement. As long as you are honest about the colors, it's all good.

message 3: by Krysta (last edited Aug 20, 2017 04:03PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

5/14 Finished

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5) by Rachel Vincent If I Die by Rachel Vincent

The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2) by Rachel Vincent The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (725 pages)

F - First book on your TBR (the one that's been on your TBR the longest)
Paper Towns by John Green Paper Towns (Added to my TBR June 27, 2011) 6/30/17

G - Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green)
Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #19) by Laurell K. Hamilton Bullet 7/17/17

I - A stand-alone novel
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black The Darkest Part of the Forest 8/15/17

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Ready Player One (374 pages)

Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry Dead of Night

Aftertime (Aftertime, #1) by Sophie Littlefield Aftertime

Desire Unchained (Demonica #2) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained 7/28/17

U - A book with 250 pages or less
Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton Flirt (233 pages) Finished 6/8/17

message 4: by Robin (last edited Jul 07, 2017 08:40PM) (new)

Robin (robinpickell) | 1138 comments I'll try this one too please.

2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

Whitney (Alpha Marked, #3) by Celia Kyle - Blue cover (50% or more, and any shade of blue) ✌(-‿-)✌ Celia Kyle 3/? completed & color verified! (thanx with the help Jen!)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - A stand-alone novel, Fangirl, reviewed by a Fangirl
Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11) by C.L. Stone - Published in your birth month, newest Ghost Bird series released 06.20.17 (birth month - June)

P - Purple cover (50% or more, and any shade of purple)
The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer - A stand-alone novel, Georgette Heyer 1/?, 07.02.17
Immortal Ops New & Lengthened 2016 Anniversary Edition by Mandy M. Roth - A book with 250 pages or more (^~^;)ゞ Mandy M. Roth 1/?, 260p
Lorelei (Alpha Marked, #5) by Celia Kyle - Total number of pages ends with "5", ✌(-‿-)✌ Celia Kyle 5/? Kindle, 175p.
Dante (Stone Society #3) by Faith Gibson - Any Urban Fantasy novel, Gargoyles! ♡〜٩( ˃́▿˂̀ )۶〜♡
Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher - Any Urban Fantasy novel, reviewed (sort of) 🌟🌟🌟, 07.06.17

message 5: by Jen (last edited Oct 11, 2017 02:13PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments I'll do this one! Sounds fun. :-)

My Full Name
A - Written by your favorite author: All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz. Read 06/23/2017. ★★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (385 pages). Finished 06/02/2017. ★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": Priestess Dreaming by Yasmine Galenorn (285 pages). Read 06/03/2017. ★★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep (395 pages). Read 06/19/2017. ★★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick (355 pages). Read 06/22/2017. ★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": Envy of Angels by Matt Wallace (225 pages). Read 07/01/2017. ★★★★★
E - Total number of pages ends with "5": Idle Ingredients by Matt Wallace (185 pages). Read 07/22/2017. ★★★★★
F - First book on your TBR (the one that's been on your TBR the longest): The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
G - Green cover: River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey (+50% green). Read 07/08/2017. ★★★★
I - A stand-alone novel: And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper. Read 06/21/2017. ★★★★
J - Title has 4 words or more: Red as Blood, or Tales from the Sisters Grimmer: Expanded Edition by Tanith Lee. Read 06/24/2017. ★★★½
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel: Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep. Read 06/20/2017. ★★★★★
N - Published in your birth month (December): The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King (edition pub. 12/27/2016). Finished 07/30/2017. ★★★
N - Published in your birth month (December): Ill Wind by Rachel Caine (pub. 12/02/2003). Finished 09/14/2017. ★★★★
N - Published in your birth month (December): Flame in the Dark by Faith Hunter (pub. 12/05/2017).
N - Published in your birth month (December): Year One by Nora Roberts (pub. 12/05/2017).
R - Red cover: Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep (+50% red). Read 07/10/2017. ★★★★★
R - Red cover: Pride's Spell by Matt Wallace (+50% red). Read 07/22/2017. ★★★★★
S - Novel starring Shifters: Panther Prowling by Yasmine Galenorn (MC is a werecat). Finished 06/06/2017. ★★★★
S - Novel starring Shifters: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (Title Character is a shapeshifter). Read 07/13/2017. ★★★★
S - Novel starring Shifters: Bear Necessities by Dana Marie Bell (MCs are a Bear and a Wolf). Read 07/24/2017. ★★★★
U - A book with 250 pages or less: Sula by Toni Morrison (174 pages). Read 06/26/2017. ★★

My Puppy-Son's Name: Max/Maksim :-)
M - Written by a male author: Summer Knight by Jim Butcher. Finished 06/17/2017 ★★★★
A - Written by your favorite author: Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz. Read 06/30/2017. ★★★★★
X - The most recent addition to your TBR: The Gunslinger by Stephen King (added 06/25/2017). Read 06/25/2017. ★★★
M - Written by a male author: Death Masks by Jim Butcher. Finished 06/19/2017. ★★★★★
A - Written by your favorite author: Come Sundown by Nora Roberts. Finished 07/04/2017. ★★★★★
K - A book with 250 pages or more: Darkness Raging by Yasmine Galenorn (276 pages). Read 06/07/2017. ★★★★
S - Novel starring Shifters: Cynful by Dana Marie Bell (MCs are Bears). Finished 08/25/2017. ★★★★
I - A stand-alone novel: Brimstone by Cherie Priest. Read 06/27/2017. ★★★★
M - Written by a male author: Bane and Shadow by Jon Skovron. Finished 07/07/2017. ★★★★

And then, just 'cause 31 books doesn't seem like enough for six months, I'm going to add the names of my future children (both of whom will also be four-legged furry family):

Molly and Books
M - Written by a male author: Lustlocked by Matt Wallace. Read 07/14/2017. ★★★★★
O - Orange cover: Gitanjali: A Collection of Indian Songs by Rabindranath Tagore (+50% orange). Finished 09/06/2017. ★★★★
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel: Souljacker by Yasmine Galenorn. Read 07/05/2017. ★★★★
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel: Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep. Finished 08/03/2017. No rating, yet.
Y - Yellow (50% or more, and any shade of yellow):

A - Written by your favorite author: Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton. Finished 08/12/2017. ★★★★★
N - Published in your birth month (December): Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow by Kate Leth (pub. 12/21/2016). Read 09/22/2017. ★★
D - Author's name has a "D" in it: The Coyote Road: Trickster Tales, edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling. Finished 06/29/2017. ★★★★

B - Blue cover: New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson (+70% blue). Finished 06/14/2017. ★★
O - Orange cover: The Kingdom of Fantasy by Geronimo Stilton (+30% orange). Read 09/11/2017. ★★★★
O - Orange cover: Firewalker by Allyson James (+30% orange). Finished 10/03/2017. ★★★★
K - A book with 250 pages or more: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (532 pages). Finished 06/09/2017. ★★★★
S - Novel starring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves):

39/44 Completed:
All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers Priestess Dreaming (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #16) by Yasmine Galenorn Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick Envy of Angels (Sin du Jour, #1) by Matt Wallace Idle Ingredients (Sin du Jour, #4) by Matt Wallace River of Teeth (River of Teeth, #1) by Sarah Gailey And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Red as Blood, or Tales from the Sisters Grimmer Expanded Edition by Tanith Lee Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Pride's Spell (Sin du Jour, #3) by Matt Wallace Panther Prowling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #17) by Yasmine Galenorn Nimona by Noelle Stevenson Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters #1) by Dana Marie Bell Sula by Toni Morrison Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Come Sundown by Nora Roberts Darkness Raging (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #18) by Yasmine Galenorn Cynful by Dana Marie Bell Brimstone by Cherie Priest Bane and Shadow (Empire of Storms, #2) by Jon Skovron Lustlocked (Sin du Jour, #2) by Matt Wallace Gitanjali A Collection of Indian Songs by Rabindranath Tagore Souljacker (Lily Bound, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5) by Jennifer Estep Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 2 Don't Stop Me-Ow by Kate Leth The Coyote Road Trickster Tales by Ellen Datlow New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson The Kingdom of Fantasy (The Kingdom of Fantasy #1) by Geronimo Stilton Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2) by Allyson James Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor

And if I get to feeling really ambitious, I'll add on what someone below me is planning on and do the whole alphabet, too. :-)

A - Written by your favorite author:
B - Blue cover: The Best We Could Do by Thi Bui (+55% blue). Read 07/12/2017. ★★★★
C - Features your favorite paranormal/supernatural creature: Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull (features dragons!). Finished 07/27/2017. ★★★★
D - Author's name has a "D" somewhere in it (you may use the full name):
E - Total number of pages ends with "5":
F - First book on your TBR (the one that's been on your TBR the longest):
G - Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green): Stormwalker by Allyson James (+90% green). Read 07/31/2017. ★★★★
H - Heat things up with a steamy read (pick an erotic/steamy romance novel):
I - A stand-alone novel: Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear. Finished 7/22/2017. ★★★★
J - Title has 4 words or more: Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy, edited by Ameriie. Read 07/23/2017. ★★★★
K - A book with 250 pages or more: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (662 pages). Finished 08/17/2017. ★★★★★
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel: Nightlife by Rob Thurman. Finished 09/16/2017. ★★★★★
M - Written by a male author: 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Finished 07/20/2017. ★★★
N - Published in your birth month: Saga, Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan (pub. 12/17/2014). Read 10/03/2017. ★★★★★
O - Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange):
P - Purple cover: Venom by Jennifer Estep (+70% violet). Read 07/09/2017. ★★★★
Q - A book with at least 4 stars on Goodreads: The Phoenix of Destiny by Geronimo Stilton (avg. rating 4.55). Finished 08/08/2017. ★★★★
R - Red cover: The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells (+50% red). Read 07/23/2017. No rating, yet.
S - Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves):
T - Any Paranormal Romance novel:
U - A book with 250 pages or less:
V - Novel staring Vampires: Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer. Read 07/02/2017. ★★★½
W - Your favorite cover on your TBR:
X - The most recent addition to your TBR: I Was a Fat Drunk Catholic School Insomniac by Jamie Iredell (added 07/13/2017). Read 07/13/2017. ★★
Y - Yellow (50% or more, and any shade of yellow):
Z - Title or author's name has "J", "Q", "V", "W", "X", or "Z" somewhere in it (you may use the author's full name):

14/26 (53/70 including above) Completed

message 6: by Alicia (last edited Oct 29, 2017 02:37PM) (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 13 comments 59/59
Finished 19 October

✔ A- Favourite author: White Hot 4/6 (5 stars)
✔ L- Urban fantasy: Skinwalker 16/6 (3 stars)
✔ I- stand alone: Between the Lives 22/6 (5 stars)
✔ C- favourite creature: Blood Cross 17/6 (3 stars)
✔ I- Stand alone: My Lady Jane 8/6 (4 stars)
✔ A- Favourite author: Wildfire 7/8 (5 stars)

✔ D- Author’s name has ‘D’: Black Moon 19/8 (3 stars)
✔ E- Pages ends with ‘5’: Mercy Blade 18/6 (4 stars)
✔ Y- Yellow : Death's Rival 20/6 (3 stars)
✔ L- Urban fantasy: Chaos Rises 7/6 (3 stars)
✔ A- Favourite author: Ashes Reborn 5/9 (5 stars)

✔ C- Favourite Creature: Raven Cursed 19/6 (3 stars)
✔ O- Orange: Savage Awakening 19/8 (4 stars)
✔ R- Red: Betrayals 18/9 (3 stars)
✔ A- Favourite author: Magical Compass 1/10 (5 stars)
✔ L- urban fantasy:Blood Trade 20/6 (3 stars)
✔ E- pages ends with ‘5’: Black Arts 21/6 (3 stars)
✔ I- Standalone: A Courtroom of Ashes 8/10 (3 stars)

✔ J- Title 4 words +: Walking in the Dark 3/10 (5 stars)
✔ E- Pages ends with ‘5’: The Gift 28/8 (3 stars)
✔ R- Red: Wolf's Fall 21/8 (3 stars)
✔ I- Stand Alone: The Children of Hypnos 30/8 (3 stars)
✔ C- Favourite Creature: Broken Soul 22/6 (3 stars)
✔ H- Steamy: Hell's Revenge 16/8 (3 stars)
✔ O- Orange: Lucifer's Daughter 15/8 (3 stars)

✔ N - Published in your birth month: Roar 2/9 (5 stars)
✔ I- Stand Alone: The Ghost of You and Me 18/8 (5 stars)
✔ C - Favourite Creature: Dark Heir 22/6 (4 stars)
✔ H- Steamy: Keeping My Pack 2/10 (5 stars)
✔ O- Orange: Wicked Abyss 10/8 (5 stars)
✔ L- Urban fantasy: Forged in Magic 1/10 (4 stars)
✔ A- Favourite author: Redeemer 1/10 (5 stars)
✔ S- Shifter: Torment 30/9 (5 stars)

✔ A - Favorite author: Persuasion 1/6 (4 stars)
✔ B – Blue: Shattered Heir: A Reverse Harem Novel 21/9 (3 stars)
✔ C - Favorite creature: Trigger 15/6 (4 stars)
✔ D - Author's name has a "D": A Step into the Dark 18/9 (4 stars)
✔ E - Pages ends with "5": Cole's Redemption 21/8 (3stars)
✔ F – TBR the longest: Vanguard 10/8 (5 stars)
✔ G – Green: The Ripple Effect 11/7 (3 stars)
✔ H – Steamy: Ranger 28/8 (4 stars)
✔ I - Stand-alone: Shadow World: The Complete Trilogy 8/7 (4 stars)
✔ J - Title has 4 words+: Have Stakes, Will Travel 19/6 (4 stars)
✔ K - 250 pages +: Eternal Dawn 30/9 (5 stars)
✔ L - Urban Fantasy: Enemy of Magic 30/9 (5 stars)
✔ M - Male author: Knights of the Borrowed Dark 6/10 (4 stars)
✔ N - Published in your birth month: Primeval Magic 24/7 (3 stars)
✔ O - Orange: Tagged 15/8 (4 stars)
✔ P – Purple: Jealousy 20/9 (3 stars)
✔ Q - 4 stars: Rhapsodic 26/9 (4 stars)
✔ R – Red: Elements of Mischief 19/10 (2 stars)
✔ S – Shifters: Finding My Pack 13/8 (4 stars)
✔ T - Paranormal Romance: Archangel's Viper 29/9 (5 stars)
✔ U - 250 pages -: Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between 7/7 (4 stars)
✔ V – Vampires: Infinite Days 29/9 (3 stars)
✔ W - Favorite cover: Flame in the Mist 29/6 (4 stars)
✔ X - Most recent: Warden 22/8 (3 stars)
✔ Y – Yellow: Paladin 27/8 (4 stars)
✔ Z – J in author’s name: Volatile Bonds 13/9 (4 stars)

Finished:
Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2) by Jaymin Eve White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews Chaos Rises (Chaos Rises, #1) by Pippa DaCosta My Lady Jane The Not Entirely True Story by Cynthia Hand Trigger (Origin, #1) by Scarlett Dawn Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3) by Faith Hunter Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4) by Faith Hunter Have Stakes, Will Travel (Jane Yellowrock, #4.5) by Faith Hunter Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5) by Faith Hunter Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6) by Faith Hunter Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7) by Faith Hunter Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8) by Faith Hunter Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9) by Faith Hunter Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Shadow World The Complete Trilogy (Dragon Born) by Ella Summers Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between (Rhiannon's Law, #1) by J.A. Saare The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3) by J.A. Saare Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Vanguard (Razorland, #4) by Ann Aguirre Ashes Reborn (Souls of Fire #4) by Keri Arthur A Courtroom of Ashes by C.S. Wilde Magical Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #2) by Jaymin Eve Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) by Lili St. Crow Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2) by J.D. Tyler Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3) by J.D. Tyler Walking in the Dark (Ollie Wit, #2) by Donna Augustine Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6) by J.D. Tyler Keeping My Pack (My Pack, #2) by Lane Whitt Redeemer (Night War Saga Book 3) by Leia Stone Torment (Origin, #3) by Scarlett Dawn Eternal Dawn (Vampire Queen, #3) by Rebecca Maizel Enemy of Magic (Dragon's Gift The Protector #4) by Linsey Hall Knights of the Borrowed Dark (Knights of the Borrowed Dark #1) by Dave Rudden Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1) by Rebecca Maizel Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10) by Nalini Singh Forged in Magic (Dragon's Gift The Protector Book 5) by Linsey Hall Shattered Heir A Reverse Harem Novel (Broken Gods) by N.M. Howell A Step into the Dark (Ollie Wit, #1) by Donna Augustine Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) by Lili St. Crow Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1) by Laura Thalassa Volatile Bonds (Prospero's War, #4) by Jaye Wells Roar (Stormheart, #1) by Cora Carmack Paladin (Elemental Paladins, #2) by Montana Ash The Gift (The Butterfly Effect #1) by Margaret McHeyzer The Children of Hypnos by Francesca Zappia Lucifer's Daughter (Princess of Hell, #1) by Eve Langlais Hell's Revenge (Princess of Hell, #3) by Eve Langlais Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18) by Kresley Cole Finding My Pack (My Pack, #1) by Lane Whitt The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5) by J.D. Tyler Primeval Magic (Demons of Fire and Night Book 3) by C.N. Crawford Tagged (Apocalypse Assassins Trilogy #2) by D. Laine Warden (Elemental Paladins, #1) by Montana Ash Elements of Mischief (Hijinks Harem, #1) by C.M. Stunich

message 7: by Elaine (last edited Aug 08, 2017 02:37PM) (new)

Elaine Howlin (elainehowlinbooks) Clear The TBR
1/6/17 - 31/12/17

E - Total number of pages ends with "5" The Corinthian 2/7/17
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel First Drop of Crimson 11/6/17
A - Written by your favorite author Ride the Storm 15/6/17
I - A stand-alone novelSputnik Sweetheart 10/6/17
N - Published in your birth month The 100 10/7/17
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" My Cousin Rachel

A - Written by your favorite author Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 11/7/17
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel My Life as a White Trash Zombie 30/6/17
I - A stand-alone novel Faro's Daughter 29/6/17
C - Features your favorite paranormal/supernatural creature Lover Avenged 22/6/17
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" I am Legend 8/8/17

H - Heat things up with a steamy read (pick an erotic/steamy romance novel) Untouchable 1/6/17
O - Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings 29/7/17
W - Your favourite cover on your TBR Feral Sins 23/6/17
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel The Force of Wind 5/6/17
I - A stand-alone novel Micro 1/7/17
N - Published in your birth month Venom 26/7/17

Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8) by Kresley Cole The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Ride the Storm (Cassandra Palmer, #8) by Karen Chance Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1) by Diana Rowland Micro by Michael Crichton The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier I am Legend by Richard Matheson

message 8: by Jim (last edited Dec 08, 2017 05:11AM) (new)

Jim | 152 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

I'll give this one a try too
A - Written by your favorite author - Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" - The Satan Bug by Alistair MacLean
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" - The Gordian Knot by Christopher G. Nuttall
I - A stand-alone novel - All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
M - Written by a male author - Something Like Summer by Jay Bell
R - Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red) Slightly Married by Mary Balogh
S - Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) - Queen Heir by Jaymin Eve
S - Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves)- Deceived by Magic by Jasmine Walt
S - Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) - Scorched by Magic by Jasmine Walt
V - Novel staring Vampires - Death Beckons by J.C. Diem

8/11

message 9: by ~JustMel~ (last edited Oct 08, 2017 11:08AM) (new)

~JustMel~ | 44 comments This sounds like fun!!

I'll start with just my first name and increase if I need to.

✔️M - Written by a male author Wicked Billionaire 6.19.17
✔️E - Total number of pages ends with "5" Abducted by the Star Prince 7.31.17
✔️L - Any Urban Fantasy novel Dragon Hunter Boxed Set 7.6.17
✔️I - A stand-alone novel Lumberjack 6.8.17
✔️S- Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) Rescued by the Berserker 6.11.17
✔️S- Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) Captured by the Berserkers 6.12.17
✔️A- Written by your favorite author Found 6.13.17

Wicked Billionaire by Luke Steel Abducted by the Star Prince (Lords of Astria) by Juno Wells Dragon Hunter Boxed Set (Dragon Hunter, #1-4) by Carina Wilder Lumberjack (A Real Man, #1) by Jenika Snow Rescued by the Berserker (Berserker Brides, #1) by Lee Savino Captured by the Berserkers (Berserker Brides #2) by Lee Savino Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4) by Evangeline Anderson

✔️A- Written by your favorite author Marcus 7.09.17
E- Total number of pages ends with "5" Baby Fever Bride
E- Total number of pages ends with "5"
✔️I- A stand-alone novel Fenrir 9.8.17
✔️N- Published in your birth month His Human Slave 8.14.17
✔️S- Novel starring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves)Unbearable Arms 7.2.17
✔️S- Novel starring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) Sold To The Berserkers 7.12.17
✔️V- Novel starring vampires Big Bad Vamp 7.12.17

Marcus (Hell Squad, #1) by Anna Hackett Baby Fever Bride by Nicole Snow Fenrir (Galactic Mates, #2) by Luna Hunter His Human Slave (Zandian Masters, #1) by Renee Rose Unbearable Arms (Grizzly Next Door, #4) by Aya Morningstar Sold To The Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #1) by Lee Savino Big Bad Vamp (Knight Protectors, #2) by Celia Kyle

✔️A- Written by your favorite author Steel 9.10.17
✔️ D- Author's name has a "D" somewhere in it Truth or Beard (by Penny Reid) 9.22.17
✔️I- A stand-alone novel Two Brutes, One Barista 9.13.17
✔️L- Any Urban Fantasy novel Blood Bound 9.10.17
✔️M- Written by a male author Hungry Boss 9.10.17
✔️N- Published in your birth month The Accidental Demon Slayer 10.1.17

Steel (Rent-a-Dragon #1) by Terry Bolryder Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1) by Penny Reid Two Brutes, One Barista (Alaskan Romance, #3) by Shaye Marlow Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Hungry Boss by Luke Steel The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox

✔️A- Written by your favorite author Iron Kissed
A- Written by your favorite author
C- Features your favorite paranormal/supernatural creature
✔️I- A stand-alone novel Anaconda 10.4.17
L- Any Urban Fantasy novel
V- Novel starring vampires

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Anaconda by Lauren Landish

message 10: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (jadzia_dax) | 661 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

message 11: by Sionna (last edited Oct 20, 2017 08:43PM) (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) This looks fun :)
If I end up needing/wanting to increase, then I'll include my middle name or move onto my fiance's name haha.

S - Novel staring Shifters Dead Heat
I - A stand-alone novelThe Daughter of Sherlock Holmes
O- Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange)Terrier
N- Published in your birth monthMastiff
N- Published in your birth monthSoulless
A - Written by your favorite author Bloodhound

H- Heat things up with a steamy read (pick an erotic/steamy romance novel) Kiss of Midnight
A- Written by your favorite author Fire Touched
R- Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red) The Wrath and the Dawn
T- Paranormal Romance Into the Fire
I- A stand-alone novelThe Nerdy and the Dirty
G- Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green)The Beautiful Ones
A- Written by your favorite author Burn for Me
N- Published in your birth monthOn the Edge

Completed 14/14
Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #1) by Leonard Goldberg Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce Bloodhound (Beka Cooper, #2) by Tamora Pierce Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Mastiff (Beka Cooper, #3) by Tamora Pierce Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Nerdy and the Dirty by B.T. Gottfred The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

message 12: by Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) (last edited Jun 27, 2017 09:52PM) (new)

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 1 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

4/18

C - Features your favorite paranormal/supernatural creature The Amarant
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" MARY: Unleashed

I - A stand-alone novel In the Shadow of Blackbirds
M - Written by a male author My Best Friend's Exorcism

Books Read:
My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix The Amarant by Tricia Barr In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters MARY Unleashed (Bloody Mary, #2) by Hillary Monahan

message 13: by Bobbie (last edited Jun 27, 2017 02:56PM) (new)

Bobbie | 29 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

In Memoriam:

PEMBERLEY: The Shell Game (Fox and O'Hare #0.25) by Janet Evanovich EMBER The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) by Jasper Fforde E Pros and Cons (Fox and O'Hare, #0.5) by Janet Evanovich (3/9)

P - Purple cover (50% or more, and any shade of purple), The Shell Game (Fox and O'Hare #0.25) by Janet Evanovich , 5 STARS ❈❈❈❈❈
M - Written by a male author
B - Blue cover (50% or more, and any shade of blue)
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel, The Eyre Affair 5 STARS ❈❈❈❈❈
Y- Yellow (50% or more, and any shade of yellow), Pros and Cons (Fox and O'Hare, #0.5) by Janet Evanovich , 5 STARS ❈❈❈❈❈

message 14: by Natalie (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:57AM) (new)

Natalie A. I'm in - NATALIE ANNMARIE WEST

18/19 COMPLETED

N: Published in your birth month – Die by the Drop: Shivers and Sins Volume 1 by Kaia Bennett - COMPLETED 09/20

A: Written by your favorite author – Invision by Sherrilyn
Kenyon - COMPLETED 08/13

T: Any Paranormal Romance novel – Love is Darkness by Caroline Hanson - COMPLETED 10/05

A: Written by your favorite author – Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire - COMPLETED 12/29

L: Any Urban Fantasy novel – Demon Storm by Dianna Love - COMPLETED 08/11

I: A stand-alone novel – At First Bite by Zora James - COMPLETED 08/24

E: Total number of pages ends with "5" – Unleashed by Sara Humphreys (315 pages) - COMPLETED 07/31

A: Written by your favorite author – Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning - COMPLETED 07/07

N: Published in your birth month – Venom and Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy) by Shannon Mayer - COMPLETED 09/04

N: Published in your birth month – Dark Moon Magic by Marteeka Karland - COMPLETED 09/02

M: Written by a male author – Vampire University by V.J. Erickson - COMPLETED 07/18

A: Written by your favorite author – Shadow Rites by Faith Hunter - COMPLETED 08/04

R: Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red) – Reap the Wind by Karen Chance - COMPLETED 06/13

I: A stand-alone novel – Origins by Ilona Andrews - COMPLETED 09/03

E: Total number of pages ends with "5" – Darkness Raging by Yasmine Galenorn (285 pages) - COMPLETED 07/14

W: Your favorite cover on your TBR – Prudence by Gail Carriger - COMPLETED 11/05

E: Total number of pages ends with "5" – The Ghost Files 2 by Apryl Baker (255 pages) - COMPLETED 09/29

S: Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves) –Timberon Cat: 4-in-1 by Yvette Hines - COMPLETED 08/18

T: Any Paranormal Romance novel – Untouched by Sara Humphreys - COMPLETED 10/20

Die By the Drop (Shivers and Sins #1) by Kaia Bennett Invision (Chronicles of Nick, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn, #1) by Caroline Hanson Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10) by Seanan McGuire Demon Storm (Belador, #5) by Dianna Love At First Bite (BWWM paranormal romance) by Zora James Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1) by Sara Humphreys Feverborn (Fever, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Venom & Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy, #1) by Shannon Mayer Dark Moon Magic by Marteeka Karland Vampire University (Vampire University, #1) by V.J. Erickson Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10) by Faith Hunter Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7) by Karen Chance Origins (Alphas, #0.5) by Ilona Andrews Darkness Raging (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #18) by Yasmine Galenorn Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) by Gail Carriger The Ghost Files 2 (The Ghost Files, #2) by Apryl Baker Timberon Cat 4-in-1 by Yvette Hines Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2) by Sara Humphreys

message 15: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Alrighty! All books started on, or after today will count for this challenge!
We are officially underway!

message 16: by Jalissa (new)

Jalissa | 57 comments 2017 Half Year Challenge - Clear that TBR

I'm going to start out with my name and see from there.

(0/7)
J- Title has 4 words or more
L- Any Urban Fantasy novel
I- A stand-alone novel
S- Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves)
S-Novel staring Shifters (any kind of Shifter, including werewolves)

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpickell) | 1138 comments Hi, I have a quick question, I just finished reading Scarlet (Alpha Marked, #1) by Celia Kyle , and have used it for my R. I want wondering if it does or does not quality for being 50% red. Here is a link to my comment if that makes it easier as well.

Robin

message 18: by Jen (last edited Jun 08, 2017 04:01PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Robin wrote: "Hi, I have a quick question, I just finished reading Scarlet (Alpha Marked, #1) by Celia Kyle, and have used it for my R. I want wondering if it does or does not quality for being 50% red. Here is a link to my..."

Hi Robin, I use TinEye Labs for figuring out what percentages of colors are on covers. Hope it helps!

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpickell) | 1138 comments Thanx for the advice Jen, sadly Scarlet is only around 25%. Well back to the drawing board.

message 20: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jen, that's an awesome tool to check the color percentage! I will definitely be saving it.

message 21: by Linda (last edited Jun 18, 2017 04:21PM) (new)

Linda (logjavannah) | 13 comments I will give it a shot😊

L. Urban Fantasy, Deceived, L.A. Starkey
I. Stand alone novel, When It Rains, Bedanta Chakrabarty
N. Published in birth month (Nov)
D. Author with D in name, Rick Riordan, The Dark Phrophecy
A. Favorite Author, Lord of Shadows, Cassandra Clare

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Krysta wrote: "Jen, that's an awesome tool to check the color percentage! I will definitely be saving it."

I know, right?! :-)

I learned about it in the Nothing But Reading Challenges group. :-)

message 23: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jen wrote: "I know, right?! :-)

I learned about it in the Nothing But Reading Challenges group. :-)"

I may have to save it and share in the challenges as a resource, if you don't mind!

message 24: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpickell) | 1138 comments Not to be rude, but finding orange titles was a little difficult, if we have a similar challenge, can we find something else for O?

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Krysta wrote: "Jen wrote: "I know, right?! :-)

I learned about it in the Nothing But Reading Challenges group. :-)"

I may have to save it and share in the challenges as a resource, if you don't mind!"

No, I don't mind. Go ahead and share it around!!! :-)

message 26: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Robin wrote: "Not to be rude, but finding orange titles was a little difficult, if we have a similar challenge, can we find something else for O?"

I'd be open to this, too. Especially seeing as how I have THREE Os in my names.

message 27: by Milena (last edited Sep 18, 2017 02:32AM) (new)

Milena | 19 comments This sounds like fun...
Completed 18/09/2017

M - Written by a male author The Revenge of Seven
I - A stand-alone novel Uprooted
L - Any Urban Fantasy novel Heart of Obsidian
E - Total number of pages ends with "5" Wizard and Glass
N - Published in your birth month Secrets in Death
A - Written by your favourite author: Ilona Andrews White Hot

The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5) by Pittacus Lore Uprooted by Naomi Novik Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, #4) by Stephen King Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews

message 28: by Krysta (last edited Jun 16, 2017 08:58AM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Robin wrote: "Not to be rude, but finding orange titles was a little difficult, if we have a similar challenge, can we find something else for O?"

I ask that you really try and find something with an orange cover. If you just can't seem to find a cover that is at least half orange, I'm willing to go down to a little less than 1/3 orange (we'll say 30% if you use that nifty website Jen provided).
Often times when I can't find something on my own, I'll see what others have chosen to satisfy the challenge. I find lots of new reads that way, too.

Also keep in mind, you can add up all the shades of orange in the cover.
For example:

message 29: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpickell) | 1138 comments That is more than doable, and I actually found a couple choices for "O," but I was meaning if we do another similar challenge, can we find something else to represent "O," like a characters name, or he/she is an outcast, book published in October, a book about the Occult, etc.

& I did check some of the other books that people are listing they are going to read or have read. I also sometimes find books I didn't think of before through ya'll's posts/suggestions. I think that is why my To Be Read list keeps getting longer.

message 30: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Robin wrote: "That is more than doable, and I actually found a couple choices for "O," but I was meaning if we do another similar challenge, can we find something else to represent "O," like a characters name, o..."

I'd rather we stick with the color if at all possible, just because that's the point of the challenge.
If you're getting down to the point where all you need to finish the challenge is the "O" books, message me and we'll talk.

message 31: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 20 comments Hmm not sure about the nifty website, but I'm going for What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken. Orange-ish

message 32: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Maria wrote: "Hmm not sure about the nifty website, but I'm going for What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken. Orange-ish"

Well, there have been times when I've compared the TinEye Lab results with what my naked eye sees and I know I've disagreed. (For instance, what they sometimes call a "brown" derivative looks more like a burnt orange to me.) So I do think that the website is not infallible. ;-)

message 33: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I think TinEye Lab is a super cool resource, but if to the naked eye, the cover looks orange...use it.
I've tried several covers I would have called "orange" and the website says they are brown or red or yellow.

message 34: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Krysta wrote: "I think TinEye Lab is a super cool resource, but if to the naked eye, the cover looks orange...use it.
I've tried several covers I would have called "orange" and the website says they are brown or ..."

Thanks, Krysta! :-)

message 35: by Ginnie (last edited Jul 12, 2017 10:24PM) (new)

Ginnie (journey_thru_pages) Sounds like fun! I'm very excited to be doing a reading challenge again.

G- Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green)
I- A stand-alone novel
N- Published in your birth month (Nov)
N- Published in your birth month (Nov)
I- A stand-alone novel

Z- Title or author's name has "J", "Q", "V", "W", "X", or "Z" somewhere in it (you may use the author's full name)
G- Green cover (50% or more, and any shade of green)
O- Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange)
Y- Yellow (50% or more, and any shade of yellow)

message 36: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Sep 18, 2017 07:55AM) (new)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 26 comments I know I'm late to the party but I love reading challenges and I'd like to join.

11/13 books

D - Author's name has a "D" somewhere in it (you may use the full name)The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Handmaid's Tale
I - A stand-alone novel The Hob's Bargain by Patricia BriggsThe Hob's Bargain
A - Written by your favorite author Snapshot by Brandon SandersonSnapshot
N - Published in your birth month Feversong (Fever, #9) by Karen Marie Moning Feversong
A - Written by your favorite author Skin DeepSkin Deep (Legion, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

L - Any Urban Fantasy novel Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim ButcherGhost Story
E - Total number of pages ends with "5"Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim ButcherCold Days
K - A book with 250 pages or moreKushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline CareyKushiel's Dart
H - Heat things up with a steamy read (pick an erotic/steamy romance novel) Kushiel's Chosen (Phèdre's Trilogy, #2) by Jacqueline CareyKushiel's Chosen
T - Any Paranormal Romance novel Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged
M - Written by a male author Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim ButcherSkin Game
A - Written by your favorite author Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones (Alcatraz, #2) by Brandon SandersonAlcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones
N - Published in your birth month The Grimoire of the Lamb (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.4) by Kevin HearneThe Grimoire of the Lamb

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments A question: Is it okay to use rereads for this challenge? I have books that needed reviews (they were on my to-reread-and-review shelf) on my completed list. Can they stay? Or should all books be entirely new to us?

message 38: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jen wrote: "A question: Is it okay to use rereads for this challenge? I have books that needed reviews (they were on my to-reread-and-review shelf) on my completed list. Can they stay? Or should all books be e..."

A re-read is fine! As long as you are actually reading it, not just skimming to refresh your memory.

message 39: by Jen (last edited Jul 14, 2017 11:28PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Krysta wrote: "A re-read is fine! As long as you are actually reading it, not just skimming to refresh your memory. "

Great, thanks! And I did actually reread them, word by word by word. :-)

(With the books I am willing to reread, I mostly own them because I love them, so I find it impossible to skim. I read the first sentence and just get sucked in!)

:-)

message 40: by Jen (last edited Jul 24, 2017 04:01PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments A question: For the "Published in your birth month" books, do you want first published date or the date the edition we read was published? (Or is either/or acceptable?)

message 41: by Randi (last edited Nov 13, 2017 08:31PM) (new)

Randi I am really, really late to this challenge! I will do my first name and hopefully finish my last, also.

TASKS

12/12 COMPLETE

R - Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red) No Time for Goodbye (No Time For Goodbye #1) by Linwood Barclay No Time for Goodbye/Linwood Barclay read 7-7-17

A - Written by your favorite author The Chosen/JR Ward read 6-12-17
N - Published in your birth month The Twilight Before Christmas/Christine Feehan 8-5-17
D - Author's name has a "D" somewhere in it Lucifer/D B Reynolds read 7-9-17
I - A stand-alone novel Gone for Good/Harlan Coben read 7-3-17

No Time for Goodbye (No Time For Goodbye #1) by Linwood Barclay The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward Lucifer (Vampires in America, #11) by D.B. Reynolds Gone for Good by Harlan Coben The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2) by Christine Feehan

C -favorite paranormal/supernatural creature (witches) Magic in the Wind/Christine Freehan 8-3-17
O - Orange cover Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor/Christine Feehan 8-27-17
M - Written by a male author Just One Look/Harlan Coben read 7-26-17
P - Purple cover (50% or more) Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones/Wicked Werewolf Night/Lisa Renee jones 8-2-17
T - PNR Oceans of Fire/Christine Feehan 8-20-17
O - Orange cover (50% or more, and any shade of orange) The Woods by Harlan Coben The Woods/Harlan Coben 11-11-17
N - Published in your birth month (October) Looking for Mr. Good Witch/ Joyce & Jim Lavene 10-3-17

Just One Look by Harlan Coben Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1) by Christine Feehan Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Looking for Mr. Good Witch (Retired Witches Mystery, #2) by Joyce Lavene The Woods by Harlan Coben

message 42: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Jen wrote: "A question: For the "Published in your birth month" books, do you want first published date or the date the edition we read was published? (Or is either/or acceptable?)"

I'm going to go with the date the edition I read was published, since in some cases that will match the date of original release. (And mainly because I finally read a book edition that was published in December.) ;-)

Let me know if the rules want us to do this one some other way!

message 43: by Johanna (last edited Oct 20, 2017 10:10AM) (new)

Johanna (bluestardust) | 4 comments I'd like to join in as well.

Completed 6/7

J - Title has 4 words or more - City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare finished 07/28
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare
O - Orange cover - City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare finished 07/31
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare
H - Heat things up with a steamy read
A - Written by your favorite author - The Young Elites by Marie Lu finished 08/16
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu
N - Published in your birth month - Red Rising by Pierce Brown finished 08/28
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown
N - Published in your birth month - Golden Son by Pierce Brown finished 09/06
Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown
A - Written by your favorite author - Thief's Magic by Trudi Canavan
Thief's Magic (Millennium’s Rule, #1) by Trudi Canavan

message 44: by Lourdes (new)

Lourdes Bejarano | 71 comments I'm kinda late but can I still join in? I'll only use the books I've read since June as recorded in Goodreads. And since most of those were from my TBR list, I think I should have a good start.

message 45: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 20 comments Late joiner :-)

message 46: by Martha (last edited Sep 09, 2017 10:12AM) (new)

Martha (mkoopman27) | 5 comments Another late joiner

M - Written by a male author: The Sixth Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko 8/8/2017 The Sixth Watch (Night Watch #6) by Sergei Lukyanenko
A - Written by your favorite author: Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs 7/31/2017 Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs
R - Red cover Lover Mine by J.R. Ward 7/11/2017 Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward
T - Any paranormal romance Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh 8/20/2017 Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh
H - Heat things up with a steamy read Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh 9/5/2017 Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3) by Nalini Singh
A - Written by your favorite author: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs 8/1/2017 Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs

I finished my first name, so I'm going to start my middle name

E - Total number of pages ends with 5
L - Any urban fantasy
L -
E -
N - Published in January

message 47: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Jen wrote: "A question: For the "Published in your birth month" books, do you want first published date or the date the edition we read was published? (Or is either/or acceptable?)"

Sorry I never replied!
The year of the edition you read will be fine, as long as you actually read that edition and didn't just search for one.

message 48: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Late joiners are always welcome!
You can also backlog as long as you started reading the book on, or after June 1st!

message 49: by Martha (new)

Martha (mkoopman27) | 5 comments Thanks, Krysta, it's nice I can backlog because I just finished the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. She's my favorite author of Urban Fantasy and I've now read all of the Mercy Thompson world, so I wasn't sure how I'd fill in my A's.

message 50: by Ahominecchi (last edited Nov 15, 2017 07:01AM) (new)

Ahominecchi | 2 comments A late joiner here!

Finished 9/9

A - Written by your favorite author Night of the Huntress by Kathryn Smith Finished 26/10
Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2) by Kathryn Smith
A - Written by your favorite author The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling Finished 31/8
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith
B - Blue cover (50% or more, and any shade of blue) From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion Finished 15/11
From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion
I - A stand-alone novel Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan Finished 17/8
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
P - Purple cover (50% or more, and any shade of purple) A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston Finished 2/10
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
P - Purple cover (50% or more, and any shade of purple) An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro Finished 15/10
An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
R - Red cover (50% or more, and any shade of red) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Finished 15/10
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
T - Any Paranormal Romance novel Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione Finished 17/9
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1) by Larissa Ione
T - Any Paranormal Romance novel The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter Finished 12/10
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter

« previous 1