Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Tower Team D: Dangerously Determined to Devour All Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,816 (1816 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod
A place for team introductions & discussions for Team D.

◈ To view and update your books, go here!

◈ Click on view community to see how your team members are doing.

◈ You will need to elect a Team Captain whose duties include: communicating with all
    team members, making sure you have the correct number of members (not too many
    or too few - and they belong on your team), posting weekly status updates/reminders,
    and dealing with minor issues that arise. You may rotate this duty.

◈ If you would like to decide on a Team Name, certainly feel free to do so!

REMINDERS
◈ Books must be over 170 pages in length for this challenge. We will be
    monitoring this closely. Also, no graphic novels, manga, or children's picture books.
◈ Your book must have a start and stop reading date. Some of you may not be used
    to doing this. These dates can be edited in the review screen of each book. Or, if you
    update the current book you are reading from your update screen (upper right),
    it will do the dates automatically.
◈ Remember to tag every book you read to your special bookshelf or
    Team D won't get credit for it!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:30PM) (new)

◈ On January 1st, if you are assigned to Team D , your desired screen will look like this:

Tower1cc_image001_zps45708aa6

◈ Where the red arrows indicate, fill in the fields. Remember to save!

◈ If you have NOT already made a shelf, this will create one for you. If you have already done so through your own bookshelves, be sure to put in exactly what you typed, including the hyphens between words.

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 09, 2013 10:34AM) (new)

Team D

A hyperlink will be added for everyone to view your books (unless your shelves are set to "private"/just friends) soon after you join the challenge on the Home Page.
Team D			Team D Thread
Alicia (030)
Alley (250)
Alyssa (065)
Amanda {Name Alert} (150)
Andrea D (050)
Angela (100)
Angie (251)
Anna {Name Alert} (040)
Anna (Suspicious Bunny) {N.A.} (060)
Atefe (060)
Barbara {Name Alert}??? (006)
Belinda (signed-up on own) (040)
CaroB (200)
Carol (100)
Chris (100)
DAR71 (052)
DeeDee (173)
Diane ~Firefly~ (070)
Donna (050)
Drew (Andrew)??? (052)
Elle (050)
Faith (070)
❉Gayle❉ {Name Alert} (150)
✔✔Gen (100)
Hannah (060)
Jamie {Name Alert} (060)
JanBreesmom (200)
Jane {Name Alert} (120)
JenniferJ (113)
Jessica W (067)
Joanne (UK) {Name Alert} (050)
Karrie (050)
♥Kat♥ (100)
Katie Australia {Name Alert} (050) (hedgehog avatar)
Kim (Kay) (050)
Kristin (080)
Layla (060)
Leslie (350)
Lindy? (240)
Marcella (450)
✔✔Marguerite (200)
Marie (125)
Marisa (025)
✔✔Marla (100)
Melanie {Name Alert} (030)
~Melissa~ (150)
Michelle {Name Alert} (030)
Michelle (Helen Geek) (190)
Nikki (060)
Oo (120)
✔✔Parvathy (050)
Rachel {Name Alert} (045)
Rebecca (NJ) {Name Alert} (150)
Rebecca S. {Name Alert} (085)
Reed (100)
Rene (150)
Rhonda (083)
Sallie(Shuga) (150)
✔✔Sara (into-the-frayy) (090)
Sherri {Name Alert} (153)
Tea (U.K.) {Name Alert} (065) (owl avatar)
Tricia Schneider (100)
Vi (213)
Anticipated Total (6833)
*Adjusted Total = -240, -52, -6 = -(298) + - (157) = 6,378

---
✔rolling off my screen
✔✔about to roll off

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved. Just in case.

message 5: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Go Team D!! :D

message 6: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Yay Team D!!

message 7: by Tea (new)

Tea (prettylives) | 17 comments awesome bring it on! happy New year

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Hi Team D!!! I am a Team C player but want to wish you all a Happy New Year and Good Luck in the Challenge ☺ Have fun and enjoy ☺

(view spoiler)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Team D! Can't wait to start, I've got a ton of great reads lined up for this year!

Happy New Year :D

message 10: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Wishing everyone on Team D a Happy New Year - off to celebrate!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yay I'm on Team D!!! This should be fun :) Happy New Year everyone!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Team D Happy New Year!!!! Let the reading begin here on the East coast of the USA.rofl Yiiiippppppeeeeeee!!!!!

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna Wolczyk | 75 comments Happy New Year to my fellow Team D members!! I'm looking forward to getting underway.

message 14: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1421 comments Happy New Year folks! Happy Reading!

I've already started with my first book of the year - Academ's Fury (Codex Alera, #2) by Jim Butcher

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I am just now starting with my first book of the year Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen . Which is my first book for team D.rofl

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Are we going to have a team name?

message 17: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 201 comments Happy New Year Teammates!

message 18: by Ebonny (new)

Ebonny (paranormalbabydoll) Happy New Year everyone! I have also started with my first book of 2013 Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin . Good luck everyone and happy reading.:)

message 19: by JanBreesmom (new)

JanBreesmom (goodreadscomjanbreesmom) | 55 comments I'm starting off the year off on a positive note with the next book in one of my favorite series, Small Favor by Jim Butcher Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10) by Jim Butcher . I am really enjoying this series!

Happy New Years to us all!

message 20: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Oh, I just ♥Harry♥, Jan!

~LK

message 21: by Jane (new)

Jane | 693 comments Hi Team D. Happy New Year all.
I will hopefully start my first book some time today The Ghost Brigades (Old Man's War, #2) by John Scalzi .

@ JanBreesmom. I just finished the Dresden series last year and I really enjoyed all of them.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I have 2 books I need to finish before I can start, but I think my first 2 books are going to be A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1) by Jayde Scott & Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan

message 23: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Happy New Year teammates. I have 1 book to finish as well before I start. My first book will be Wake by Amanda Hocking

message 24: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1421 comments Oh, I'm also loving the Dresden series. I started Butcher's fantasy series last year (I'm so enjoying saying this even though it was only a week ago!) and it's also very good. That said, I have to continue the Dresden series. I'm upto book #8, I think.

message 25: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 572 comments I was about 1/3rd way through
Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith
as Dec. 31 became Jan. 1. Can I use that as my Book #1 of the challenge?

And, I agree, we need a team name. Maybe a name beginning with the letter "D"?

message 26: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments I've been trying to think of good D words. Dangerous Book Devourers?

And congrats to Marcella for finishing her first (our first) book!

message 27: by Tea (new)

Tea (prettylives) | 17 comments who's the team leader? I'm a third through my first book of 2013. :)

message 28: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Tea wrote: "who's the team leader? I'm a third through my first book of 2013. :)"

We haven't picked one yet - there are still a good number of people who haven't signed up yet.

message 29: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 201 comments My first book is going to be The Abduction of Mary Rose by Joan Hall Hovey

message 30: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments I'm rotating between:

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Broken Harbor by Tana French The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

message 31: by Alley (new)

Alley (alleycatfish) | 198 comments Deedee wrote: "I was about 1/3rd way through
Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith
as Dec. 31 became Jan. 1. Can I use that as my Book #1 of the challenge?

And, I agree, we need a team name. Maybe a name beginning..."

I think that's fine - as long as the majority of it is read after the start.

I've finished my first book of the year - A Pirate's Love. I don't recommend it. Apparently in the 70s, "I'll rape you until you love me" was considered romantic.

Next up on my reading list:
Doubleblind (Sirantha Jax, #3) by Ann Aguirre The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 32: by Gen (new)

Gen (gen454) | 179 comments My first book of the year is Candide ou l'optimisme by Voltaire.

Candide ou l'optimisme by Voltaire

message 33: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Do we have any volunteers for Team Captain?

message 34: by Marla (new)

Marla | 1672 comments I have to apologize, I only read 118 legal books in 2012, but I pledge 100 in 2013. I will start my first book later today and I have to finish another one that won't count.

message 35: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Diaz (literarygetaway) | 26 comments Happy New Year Team D!

I'll be starting the challenge with Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 36: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 2240 comments Hi everyone! I've been assigned to this team. I'm so excited for this. I have my shelf all ready to go and have started my first book. I have 31 books set to read in January. Looking forward to reading about some great books.

message 37: by Donna (new)

Donna Wolczyk | 75 comments I finally finished my book that I started a few days ago!! Now to find something to start for this challenge!! What to choose, what to choose???

message 38: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Glad you found the thread and entered the challenge, Leslie! At 372 book, you are a big hitter for this group. LOL!

Donna, I see you like The Mortal Instruments. I'm thinking of starting that one, as I really liked the first in that author's The Infernal Devices series.

~LK

message 39: by Marla (new)

Marla | 1672 comments Andrea wrote: "Happy New Year Team D!

I'll be starting the challenge with Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman"

I've been wanting to read Unwind. Let me know what you think.

message 40: by Donna (new)

Donna Wolczyk | 75 comments Moderators of Nothing but Reading Challenges wrote:

Donna, I see you like The Mortal Instruments. I'm thinking of starting that o..."

I still have the last one to read, but since I've just read the first 4 quickly, I think I want to read something else first. I just need a change of pace. :)

message 41: by Carol (last edited Jan 01, 2013 08:11PM) (new)

Carol (peppersgirl) | 113 comments Yeah, go Team D!!! I listened to Beauty Queens by Libba Bray while I cleaned and organized my closets. It was weird but I love Libba Bray sense of humor. I just started Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly and am enjoying it so far. Off to a good start!!!

message 42: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schneider (triciaschneider) | 107 comments Hello Team D! Happy New Year! Nice to meet everyone! I started reading Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8) by Kim Harrison .

message 43: by Rebecca NJ (last edited Jan 02, 2013 04:04AM) (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Good morning Team D!

While waiting for a Team Captain, I was looking over things and it seems that we have most of our people signed up on the home page - the following people have not done so:

DeeDee
Diane ~Firefly~
Jessica W
Michelle (GeekGirl)
Sallie(Shuga)

I also peeked at the other groups and here is where we stand:
Team A - 11 books
Team B - 10 books
Team C - 6 books
Team D - 6 books

Thanks to Marcella, Alley, Gayle, Carol and JanBreesmom for starting us off with a good start!

❉⊰Gayle⊱❉ (ziastar) | 67 comments Good morning, Team D, and Happy New Year!!

I'm currently reading The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva.

message 45: by Reed (new)

Reed Raab (reedraab) | 329 comments What's up Team D?! I am totally stoked to be a part of this challenge! I look forward to getting to know you guys while reading some really great books! Good luck everyone! :-)

message 46: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Words that start with D:

Delightful...Dangerous... Delicious...Deadly...Delectable...Determined...Diverse...Devoted...Divas...

message 47: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Moderators of Nothing but Reading Challenges wrote: "Words that start with D:

Delightful...Dangerous... Delicious...Deadly...Delectable...Determined...Diverse...Devoted...Divas..."

I was going to suggest Dangerous Divas but we do have one gentleman in our group which is why I came up with Dangerous Devourers as in we Dangerously Devour all books :)

I am horrible with names...

message 48: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

I like that one, Rebecca. Dangerous Devourers! You could also do it all with "Dangerously Devouring All Books."

message 49: by Rebecca NJ (new)

Rebecca NJ (njreader) | 1945 comments Moderators of Nothing but Reading Challenges wrote: "I like that one, Rebecca. Dangerous Devourers! You could also do it all with "Dangerously Devouring All Books.""

Oooh, that works too! Dangerously Devouring All Books

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

How about Dangerously Determined to Devour All Books

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37