Delirity discussion

Archives/Just for Fun Challenges > A to Z (Ends 4/30/2011)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Heather (last edited Nov 21, 2010 09:12PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
This challenge won't count for this years points, but I wanted everyone to have a lot of time to complete it since it involves so many books. (Plus, I have shorter challenges planned for this year and I want everyone to have a chance to participate.) You have just over 6 months to finish it and it can earn you up to 26 points towards next years point totals.

You're looking for books to fulfill every letter of the alphabet, A to Z. Try VERY HARD to make it the first letter of the title. Some letters, like x don't have many good stories out. So, in that case you may just find a title with the letter somewhere in there. However, you may ONLY use this cheat on 3 letters. You should only need 1, but if that rule needs to be looked into later we will. I don't want to have most of us trying to stick to the rules while someone else just throws a bunch of titles up. The word "the" does not count when alphabetizing so The Better Part of Darkness would count as a B, not a T. Let me know if you have any questions.

message 2: by Heather (last edited Jan 08, 2011 10:43AM) (new)

26 of 26 completed

A - Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Angels' Blood 8/20 ★★★★
B - Born to Bite (Argeneau Vampires, #13) by Lynsay Sands Born to Bite: An Argeneau Novel 9/1 ★★★
C - Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel by Ronda Thompson Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel 8/20 ★★★
D - Dark Flame (Immortals Series #4) by Alyson Noel Dark Flame 9/6 ★★
E - Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks Eat, Prey, Love (Love at Stake, #9) 10/7 ★★★1/2
F - Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fantasy Lover 9/2 ★★★★
G - Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) by Jory Strong Ghostland 10/5 ★★★1/2
H - The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games 8/24 ★★★★★
I - Inked by Karen Chance Inked 12/17 ★★★★
J - Just Listen by Sarah Dessen Just Listen 12/24 ★★★
K - King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) by C.L. Wilson King of Sword and Sky 12/15 ★★★
L - Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lord of the Fading Lands 11/30 ★★★
M - The Missing by Shiloh Walker The Missing 8/17 ★★★★
N - Night Life (Nocturne City, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge Night Life 12/8 ★★★
O - Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4) by Ally Carter Only the Good Spy Young 8/17 ★★★★
p - Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Prey 10/11 ★★★★
Q - Quiver by Stephanie Spinner Quiver 11/28 ★★
R - Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot Reunion 1/7 ★★
S - Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike Spells 8/19 ★★★1/2
T - Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel Caine Total Eclipse 9/11 ★★★1/2
U - Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond, #3) by Laura Resnick Unsympathetic Magic 8/21 ★★★
V - Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Venom 10/5 ★★★★1/2
W - Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike Wings 8/19 ★★★1/2
X - Hex in High Heels (Jazz Tremaine, #4) by Linda Wisdom *(cheat) Hex in High Heels 8/17 ★★★
Y - You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1) by Stacey Jay You Are So Undead to Me 9/9 ★★★
Z - Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones, #6) by Katie MacAlister Zen and the Art of Vampires 12/4 ★★★

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Oh gosh, this is an intense one! I'm in, I'll put up my books later on, seeing how it's 2:30 a.m. and I'm about to sleep, LOL.

message 4: by Heather (new)

I'm good at the 2am posts. =)

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 30, 2011 11:24AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments 19 of 26 completed

A - Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund 9/21/10 - 3.5 stars
B - Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia 10/14/10 - 3 stars
C - The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams 11/15/10 - 3.5 stars
D - Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins 03/02/11 - 4.5 stars
E - The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
F - Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill 10/10/10 3.5 stars
G - Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters Generation Dead by Daniel Waters 11/19/10 - 3.5 stars
H - Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 8/31/10 - 4.5 stars
I - Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3) by Richelle Mead Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead 04/24/11 - 4 stars
J - The Jewel by Sherri L. King The Jewel by Sherri L. King (or Juliet)
K - The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness 03/16/11 - 3 stars
L - Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward 10/21/10 - 3.5 stars
M - My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares 11/27/10 - 3 stars
N - Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Nevermore by Kelly Creagh 4/29/11 - 4 stars
O - Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens or One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich
P - Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder 8/18/10 - 4.5 stars
Q - Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (cheat) Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock or Queen of Shadows
Rage (Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #2) by Jackie Kessler Rage by Jackie Kessler 04/27/11 - 4 stars
S - Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill 9/2/10 - 4 stars
T - Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead 04/18/11 - 4 stars
U - Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies by Scott Westerfeld 02/03/11 - 3.5 stars
V - Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 9/19/10 - 3.5 stars
W - Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Wither by Lauren DeStefano 03/07/11 - 4 stars
X - Planet X by Evangeline Anderson (cheat) Planet X by Evangeline Anderson
Y - Yellow Line by Sylvia Olsen Yellow Line by Sylvia Olsen
Z - Z by Michael Thomas Ford Z by Michael Thomas Ford

message 6: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Woohoo Stacia! I am so excited! I hope you like it (with my luck you will hate it, lol). I could do almost half the letters with WoT books alone!

Heather, would you say the word A would be the same as The? Just wondering since it is used the same way. Can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but it popped into my head when thinking about the word The.

I am going to wait to do mine as I really have to get to work.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I'm in, but will post my list later.

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm in too, I'll post later.

message 9: by Heather (new)

The, A, and An are all words that do not count as the first word when alphabetizing.

message 10: by Lisa S (last edited Aug 15, 2010 11:49AM) (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'm in, I'll post as I go. If that's ok.

message 11: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 15, 2010 11:48AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments That's why a couple of my books started with "the." I figured that since you can't alphabetize using "the" it was safe to assume that it didn't have to count as the first word.

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Heather, I'm usually good at 2 a.m. posts as well, but for the last two days I got about 7 hours of sleep total, so I was really tired. Also staring at my S.S. homework for hours on end gets me a bit drowsy, ;].

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm in but I probably won't list my books for awhile I gotta finish some of the other stuff first, or I might post as I go :)

message 14: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Darn it...I'm doing this in another group and it's almost completed...now I have to start from scratch but that's ok...now I have somewhere to stick my books when I can't fit them in another challenge! :) So is it books from Aug 15?

message 15: by Darcy (last edited Nov 06, 2010 12:43PM) (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments 26 of 26 complete

A - And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper 9/4, 4 stars, good story about a woman at a cross roads after finding her husband cheating on her
B - Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown 8/21, 1 star, This one was truly horrible.
C - The Crush by Sandra Brown The Crush by Sandra Brown 8/16, 2 stars
D - Dangerous Secrets (Dangerous, #2) by Lisa Marie Rice Dangerous Secrets by Lisa Marie Rice 8/17, 4 stars
E - Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks 11/6, 4 stars, very good
F - Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy 8/15 4 stars,
G - Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke 11/2, 2 stars,
H - Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray Hourglass by Claudia Gray 8/22, 2 stars, This series has gone down hill for me, the first one was great, the second so so, this one so so, but better than the last.
I - Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon 8/19, 4 stars, I really liked this one, mostly for the relationship between Nick and his mom.
J - Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Jealousy by Lilith Saintcrow 8/24, 4 stars, This one was really good, got glimpses into the past and big changes for the future.
K - Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning 9/28, 4 stars, finally the series got really good, worth trudging through the first 3
L - Love Is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield Love Is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield 9/23, 2 stars, if you are a fan of 80's and 90's music and know what cassette tapes are this one is worth checking out
M - My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy 9/5, 2 stars, her other series is much better
N - Night Myst (Indigo Court, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Night Myst by Yasmine Galenorn 8/15, 3 stars, not bad, some issues, but could be just the first book syndrome
O - Once Bitten Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2) by Bianca D'Arc Once Bitten Twice Dead by Bianca D'Arc 10/16, 4 stars, good mix of kick butt heroes/heroines and romance all with zombies at the heart of the story
P - Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder, #2) by Linda Castillo Pray for Silence: A Thriller by Linda Castillo 8/20, 5 stars, If you like crime thrillers with strong female lead make sure to check out this series, this one is #2.
Q - Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan 10/28, 4 stars, a great 1st book
R - The Rembrandt Affair (Gabriel Allon) by Daniel Silva The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva 8/31, 4 stars, If you like spy thrillers make sure to check out this author and this series.
S - Submission & Seduction (Bound Hearts, #2 and #3) by Lora Leigh Submission & Seduction by Lora Leigh 8/26, 3 stars, erotica that is not for the faint of heart
T - Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) by Robyn Carr Temptation Ridge by Robyn Carr 9/10, 4 stars, if you haven't read this series you need to, a fun romance series that has you laughing and crying in every book
U - Unperfect Souls (Connor Grey, #4) by Mark Del Franco Unperfect Souls by Mark Del Franco 8/15, 3 stars, pretty good, this series is heavy world building through out them all
V - Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Venom by Jennifer Estep 10/17, 5 stars, this series just keeps getting better and better
W - Wild Child Girlhoods in the Counterculture by Moon Unit Zappa Wild Child: Girlhoods in the Counterculture by Moon Unit Zappa 8/21, 2 stars, stories from women that grew up in the hippie culture, some good, but most of them disturbing
X - X in Flight by Karen Rivers X in Flight by Karen Rivers 10/16, 2 stars, an ok read, didn't get good until the last 50 or so pages
Y - Y in the Shadows by Karen Rivers Y in the Shadows by Karen Rivers 10/26, 2 stars, an ok read
Z - Zombie Moon (Silhouette Nocturne) by Lori Devoti Zombie Moon by Lori Devoti 10/14, 2 stars, an ok read

message 16: by Heather (new)

Yep. Sorry Sherri. I didn't know someone else had done this. I picked it because I hadn't seen anyone else doing it. Although, it's not exactly ingenious or anything so...

message 17: by Heather (new)

Hey guys, try to include date read and then tell us what you rated it so we know if it's any good. It's not mandatory, but helpful.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen I'm in too but will post list later. My laptop is broken & can't post book links on my phone :/

message 19: by Andrea (last edited Mar 19, 2011 04:47PM) (new)

Andrea (Aeva) | 7 comments 19/26
A The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Awakening
B The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting The Body Finder
C City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Bones
D Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Delirium
E Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld Extras
F Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock Front and Center
G Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Gone
H The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Hunger Games
I Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange
J Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
K Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen Keeping the Moon
L Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger
M Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz Masquerade
N Nightshade (Witches War #1) by Andrea Cremer Nightshade
O The Off Season (Dairy Queen, #2) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock The Off Season
P Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties
Q Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock Dairy Queen(cheat)
R Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz Revelations
S- Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shiver
T This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen This Lullaby
U Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies
V The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4) by Melissa de la Cruz The Van Alen Legacy
W Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann Wake
X Margaux with an X by Ron Koertge (cheat)Margaux with an X
Y Yearbook by Ally Condie Yearbook
Z Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien Z for Zachariah

message 20: by Carrie (Care) (last edited Feb 24, 2011 09:06AM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments 19/26 completed

Ok, time to start my list. I am going to leave a lot of it open so if I can't find some books I don't have to change them.

A - Afterlight (The Dark Ink Chronicles, #1) by Elle Jasper Afterlight 17/02/2010 Photobucket
B - Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever 31/08/2010 Photobucket
C - Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, #10) by Robert Jordan Crossroads of Twilight 26/09/2010 Photobucket
D - Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever 03/10/2010 Photobucket
E - The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan The Eye of the World 14/02/2010 Photobucket
F - Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever 24/09/2010 Photobucket
G - The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12; A Memory of Light, #1) by Robert Jordan 01/11/2010 The Gathering Storm Photobucket
H
I - Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange
J - Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey Jekel Loves Hyde
K - A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn A Kiss in Time 31/01/2011 Photobucket
L - Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lord of the Fading Lands 11/12/2010 Photobucket
M - Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay 05/09/2010 Photobucket
N - New Spring (Wheel of Time, #0) by Robert Jordan New Spring 23/10/2010 Photobucket
O - The Other Side of Life (Cyberpunk Elven Trilogy, #1) by Jess C Scott The Other Side of Life 14/02/2010 Photobucket
P - Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Paranormalcy 20/09/2010 Photobucket
Q
R - Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Raised by Wolves 28/09/2010 Photobucket
S - Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike Spells 12/10/2010 Photobucket
T - Towers of Midnight (Wheel of Time, #13; A Memory of Light, #2) by Robert Jordan Towers of Midnight 04/11/2010 Photobucket
U - Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Unearthly 15/02/2010 Photobucket
V - Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Venom 08/11/2010 Photobucket
W - Winter's Heart (Wheel of Time, #9) by Robert Jordan Winter's Heart 23/09/2010 Photobucket
X
Y
Z

message 21: by Jasmine (last edited Apr 30, 2011 11:21AM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments 19/26 Completed

A - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss
B - Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness
C - Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Crescendo
D - Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained
E - Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled
F - Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition Volume 5 by Natsuki Takaya Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition Volume 5
G - Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks Go Ask Alice
H - Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave
I - Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Immortal In Death
J - Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Just the Sexiest Man Alive
K - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini The Kite Runner
L - Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger
M - Die For Me (book #7) (Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Die For Me CHEAT
N - Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Nevermore
O - One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave
P - Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Pleasure Unbound
Q -
R - Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles Returning to Paridise
S - Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shiver
T - Tiger's Curse (Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Curse
U - Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Unwind
V - Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robb Vengeance In Deathr
W - Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb Witness In Death
X - Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Hex Hall (CHEAT)
Y - You by Charles Benoit You by Charles Benoit
Z -

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments If anyone gets stuck on a couple of letters, it never hurts to take a look at everyone else's lists and borrow a couple. The alphabet is pretty daunting.

message 23: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I figure I am not going to plan books for now, just add books as I read then until January. By then I should have a lot of them covered and will then "hunt" down the other letters.

message 24: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I only put the books I thought I would be reading between now and then. I will add others as I go since I always change my mind. Also, I will not buy books unless I really want them, and my library sucks. Whenever I add books thinking I can get them from the library, I can't find them and have to change it anyway.

message 25: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 17, 2010 06:54AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Darcy's read so much of what we have listed anyway, I think! I was figuring for anyone that hasn't done a challenge yet it might help them to know they don't have to be completely original if they get stuck on a letter.

I agree about the library too. My list will probably change a few times based on what's available, and the few books that are under 7 bucks I'll pick up for Nook.

message 26: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Stacia (5,000 edits) wrote: "Darcy's read so much of what we have listed anyway, I think! I was figuring for anyone that hasn't done a challenge yet it might help them to know they don't have to be completely original if they..."

You are right to a point. lol I like looking at others lists. On some of these I laugh when I read, going read that, read that, read that. lol What a problem to have! :P

message 27: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Lol. My friends and family think I read so many books, but they don't understand that I don't even put a dent in the numbers Heather and Darcy read! :D

message 28: by Jen (last edited Sep 03, 2010 10:45AM) (new)

Jen Here's my list... It'll probably change as I go.

A- Anybody Out There? (Walsh Family #4) by Marian Keyes Anybody Out There?
B- Ballad A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Ballad
C- Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson Catalyst
D- Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Dark Lover
E- Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card The Ender's Game
F- Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)  by Richelle Mead Frostbite
G- Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Gone
H- Hate List by Jennifer Brown Hate List
I- Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher Incarceron
J- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (cheat) The Bell Jar
K- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen Keeping the Moon
L- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian
M- The Mark (The Mark, #1) by Jen Nadol The Mark
N- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Neverwhere
O- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta On The Jellicoe Road
P- The Pace (The Pace Series, #1) by Shelena Shorts The Pace
Q- Quicksand (Eve Duncan Forensics Thrillers) by Iris Johansen Quicksand
R- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan The Red Pyramid
S- Sunshine by Robin McKinley Sunshine
T- Three To Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) by Janet Evanovich Three To Get Deadly
U- The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott The Unwritten Rule
V- Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy
W- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Water for Elephants
X- Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld (cheat) Extras
Y- You've Been Warned by James Patterson You've Been Warned
Z- The Maze of Bones (39 Clues, #1) by Rick Riordan The Maze of Bones (cheat)

message 29: by Heather (new)

Hey, I just started. Darcy's been at it for a while. =)

message 30: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments You all are making me think I am a slug! lol

message 31: by Heather (new)

Cat lady maybe... Slug, never. Just kidding.
Do you even have a cat? I've got 2. Someone tried to pawn a 3rd off on me, but I feel like that would make me a cat lady. Although, I have 3 dogs and 2 ferrets too. I feel like the pet rescue center. I'm not having children until some of these animals pass away, so I feel bad turning away an animal in need of a home, but I'd like a child to have their own room and not have to share it with the ferrets.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments I'll give this one a shot.....I'll post the list later ;-)

message 33: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments No cats for me, just lots of books. :) I don't like them and can't see myself ever getting one.

message 34: by Heather (new)

Haha. I was hoping you'd say no or I'd feel bad. I'm a dog person, but the fact that you can go away for the weekend without anyone watching your cats makes them easier. Plus, Hawkeye is nicer to cuddle up to than a 100lb dog that kicks in her sleep.

message 35: by Heather (new)

Hi Nichole!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 185 comments Hi Heather

message 37: by Heather (new)

Just a thought, if you've been wanting to read Anita Blake, but need incentive, there's a lot of different letters in the series. Some repeat, but it'd help in the challenge. Also, Sue Grafton writes the series that starts with letters. I've heard they're good, but never gotten to them.

message 38: by Jen (new)

Jen Sherri- I'm with you... I'm doing this challenge for a different group as well. I'm just a couple books from finishing. I've been doing it since Jan. I'm also doing the A-Z author challenge. That ones a bit tougher. I love these challenges... They're helping me plug through the books I own that've been sitting on my shelf for a while.

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm doing the A-Z Author Challenge too Jen!! I have 3 books left to do on it!

message 40: by Amber (last edited Mar 29, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

Amber (slam_bamm) | 25 comments I'm in
19 of 26
A- Ascendant (Killer Unicorns, #2) by Diana Peterfreund
B- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan 3/26/11 4 stars
C- Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick 3/14/11 4 stars
D- Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris 8/26/10 3 stars
E- Early to Death, Early to Rise 11/2/10 4 stars
F- Faefever 4 stars
G- Guardian Vampire 3/2/11 3 stars
H- Hate List by Jennifer Brown 8/18/10 5 stars
I- Immortal by Lauren Burd 3/1/11 4 stars
J- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen 3/29/11 4 stars
K-Dark Prophecy A Level 26 Thriller Featuring Steve Dark by Anthony E. Zuiker (CHEAT) 12/2/10 4 stars
L- Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater 2/26/11 4 stars
M- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins 1/8/11 5 stars
N- Need 3/10/114 stars
O- Old Magic by Marianne Curley 10/9/10 4 stars
P- Pegasus by Robin McKinley
Q- Quicksand (Eve Duncan Forensics Thrillers, #8) by Iris Johansen
R- Radiant Shadows 12/26/10 4 stars
S- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan 9/1/10 4 stars
T- The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan 11/18/10 4 stars
U- The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
V- Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
W- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 10/11/10 3 stars
X-Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins (CHEAT) 1/21/11 4 stars
Y- Savvy by Ingrid Law (CHEAT)
Z- Z by Michael Thomas Ford

message 41: by Lisa S (last edited Mar 31, 2011 05:34PM) (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) 26/26

A- Abandoned A Thriller (Smoky Barrett) by Cody McFadyen finished 9/22/10
B- Bone Thief by Thomas O'Callaghan finished 8/21/10
C- Certain Prey (Lucas Davenport, #10) by John Sandford finished 11/9/10
D- The Darker Side, (Smoky Barret, #3) by Cody McFadyen finished 9/5/10
E- Endurance (A Novel of Terror) by Jack Kilborn finished 3/19/11
F- Faithless (Grant County, #5) by Karin Slaughter finished 11/6/10
G- Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris finished 11/11/10
H- Hunted (House of Night, #5) by P.C. Cast finished 9/21/10
I- If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman finished 12/14/10
J- Jilted by Death by Lynette Hall Hampton finished 9/5/10
K- The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom finished 3/16/11
L- The Last Child by John Hart finished 10/11/10
M- Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear finished 8/18/10
N- Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb finished 8/22/10
O- One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell finished 11/5/10
P- The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve finished 8/14/10
Q- Queene of Light (Lightworld/Darkworld, #1) by Jennifer Armintrout finished 3/27/11
R- Red Hot Lies (Izzy McNeil Mysteries, #1) by Laura Caldwell finished 1/17/11
S- Secret Prey (Lucas Davenport, #9) by John Sandford finished 8/30/10
T- Thicker Than Water (Mordecai Young, #1) by Maggie Shayne finished 9/23/10
U- Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson finished 1/14/11
V- Victim by Gayle Wilson finished 3/31/11
W- Watch Me (Last Stand, #3) by Brenda Novak finished 9/26/10
X- 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) by Linda Wisdom CHEAT finished 3/29/11
Y- You Only Die Twice by Edna Buchanan finished 11/22/10
Z- Zombie Blondes by Brian James finished 3/29/11

message 42: by Heather (last edited Aug 23, 2010 09:25PM) (new)

In order to get points, make sure you're not reading any of the books we've done for a group read since June. You get more points if you go and comment on the read thread then just using it here.
The books were Hex Hall, Burning Alive, Inside Out, Red Hot Fury, Fallen, Rosemary & Rue, Darkfever and Unholy Ghost so far.

Remember you only get 1 point per book here, but 2 for the group reads. And you can't double up on points for the same book. If you don't care about points then don't worry. If you do, then just a reminder.

message 43: by Sherri (last edited Oct 20, 2010 06:34PM) (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Here's my list...

A-
B-
C-
D-
E-
F-
G- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) (Kindle Edition) by Stieg Larsson 8/24/10
H- High Noon by Nora Roberts High Noon by Nora Roberts (10/20/10)
I-
J-
K-
L-
M-
N-
O- One for the Money by Janet Evanovich One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich 9/25/10
P-
Q-
R-
S-
T-
U- Unbelievable by Sara Shepard Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4) by Sara Shepard 8/15/10
V-
W-
X-
Y-
Z-

message 44: by Heather (new)

Is it bad that I've just read a B, F, and am working on D, but I want to read the books that I originally chose for those letters so I don't want to change them? It'd be easier just to adapt my list.

message 45: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "Is it bad that I've just read a B, F, and am working on D, but I want to read the books that I originally chose for those letters so I don't want to change them? It'd be easier just to adapt my list."

That is why I am finding it easier to post as I go.

message 46: by Heather (new)

Hehe. I'm just being stubborn.

message 47: by Amber (new)

Amber (slam_bamm) | 25 comments Heather wrote: "Is it bad that I've just read a B, F, and am working on D, but I want to read the books that I originally chose for those letters so I don't want to change them? It'd be easier just to adapt my list."

I'm in the same boat as you.... why must all GOOD books start with the same letters lol

message 48: by Heather (new)

You guys don't have to do this immediately since points won't count until next year, but if you think about it when updating can you put ? of 26 completed or something similar at the top so that I won't have to individually count everyone's.

message 49: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Sure Heather!

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela B I didn't realize this one was going to be done at the end of March, I'm screwed!

« previous 1 3