ModCloth's Shelf Life discussion

Past Contests > What Are You Reading This Month? (March - April)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 557 (557 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by ModCloth (new)

ModCloth | 49 comments Mod
Let us know what you're reading this month, and you could win a copy of Malena Watrous' If You Follow Me!

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (pennylane246) ModCloth wrote: "Let us know what you're reading this month, and you could win a copy of Malena Watrous' If You Follow Me!"

The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly.

message 3: by Ari (new)

Ari My book club is reading " A Short History of Women" by Kate Walbert in honor of women's history month!

message 5: by Meggie (new)

Meggie | 1 comments The Know-It-All by AJ Jacobs

message 6: by Adina (new)

Adina (adinafox) ModCloth wrote: "Let us know what you're reading this month, and you could win a copy of Malena Watrous' If You Follow Me!"

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway.

message 7: by Kassie (new)

Kassie (kassiecline) | 1 comments im reading pride and prejudice and zombies can you believe theyre going to make a movie about it? haha

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Dangerous Liasons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclo

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Johnson | 3 comments Push, by Precious. in honor of women's history month. I just finished Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris though.

message 10: by Dana_what (new)

Dana_what | 2 comments I finally picked up a copy of one of my favorites, "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" by Tom Robbins, so I'm re-reading that. That book always makes me want to just ditch everything and roam...

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Moore (clonie) | 1 comments Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2010 12:04PM) (new)

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Uecker (emilyuecker) | 2 comments The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt and Keats' Letters

message 14: by Mallory (new)

Mallory Smith | 1 comments An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat Ellis (katellis) | 1 comments East by Edith Pattou

message 16: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Heath | 1 comments I am currently listening to "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith, as well as reading "The Third Sister" by Julia Barrett. It is a continuation of "Sense & Sensibility" by Jane Austen. I'm about 1/2-way through and really like it so far. On the list to read next are "Booked to Die" by John Dunning for my book club and "Shadow of the Giant" by Orson Scott Card to finish up that series. I love to read and I read A LOT! Good thing I'll be on vaction next week to get some of it in. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished The Well and The Mine by Gin Phillips. Such a beautifully written book, I couldn't put it down. I just started reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy and am completely taken by it.

message 18: by York (new)

York (yorkcottage) | 1 comments Just Finished: Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
Starting: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/78...

Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant

message 20: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinkundrat) | 1 comments When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin

message 21: by eryn (new)

eryn (eryno) | 1 comments This reader is going self-help this month: "8 Minute Meditation" and "Getting Things Done".

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Dana_what wrote: "I finally picked up a copy of one of my favorites, "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" by Tom Robbins, so I'm re-reading that. That book always makes me want to just ditch everything and roam..."

One of my favorite books!

message 23: by Clare (new)

Clare I'm making my way through Mycorrhizal Symbiosis by Smith and Read for school, at the moment. Not the most thrilling of reads :p

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (thinkinunicorns) I have a few books going on right now: Look Me In The Eye by John Elder Robison (a memoir about a man who lived most of his life with Asperger's Syndrome undiagnosed), the Kingdom of God is Within You in an attempt to satiate my spiritual crisis, and of course my Real Simple magazine collection. Next up: Watership Down because it is my father-in-law's favorite.

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah "Publish this Book" By Stephen Markley a fellow alum from Miami University of Oxford Ohio, I always want to support fellow artist and Stephen being only in his mid 20's has already published hie first pre mature memoir, about getting his book published. Young and witty whats not to like.

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

message 27: by Chanda (new)

Chanda | 1 comments I am hosting my local bookclub this month. My pick was The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which I LOVED!

On my own, I am currently reading Dawn's Early Light (Williamsburg, #1)by Elswyth Thane. I'm loving this too.

message 28: by evaluna (new)

evaluna | 1 comments margaret atwood's Blind Assassin

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently in the middle of Brothers In Battle, Best of Friends as told by William "Wild Bill" Guarnere and Edward "Babe" Heffron. I am also in the middle of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Pure Dead Magic by Debi Gliori -- Both of which i am reading to my 4 year old son.

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine Jones | 2 comments I'm reading Lorrie Moore's first collection of short stories, called "Self Help." This is an amazing collection! It's beautiful, hilarious, heartbreaking, and brilliant. I want to read it over and over again, the way I would with Pride and Prejudice.

message 31: by Crissy (new)

Crissy (crislynnd) I'm currently reading "The Next Thing on My List" by Jill Smolinski.

message 32: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 1 comments I'm reading Chuck Klosterman's 'Killing Yourself to Live'. It's a commentary on the way celebrities become more famous after the die.

message 33: by Maggie (new)

Maggie C. (grytajme) This month I'm reading Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson.

message 34: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (steelekr) | 1 comments The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine Jones | 2 comments Kiss wrote: "im reading pride and prejudice and zombies can you believe theyre going to make a movie about it? haha"

That's awesome! I'd love to see the movie.

message 36: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 2 comments Just starting Bread of Three Rivers: The Story of a French Loaf by Sara Mansfield Taber. The former journalist traces the four essential ingredients of French bread – salt, flour, water and yeast – back to when civilizations realized how each resource could be used by its people.

message 37: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 1 comments Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Clark | 1 comments i'm reading Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl: The True Story of "Renee"

by Marguerite Sechehaye

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (lily154) ModCloth wrote: "Let us know what you're reading this month, and you could win a copy of Malena Watrous' If You Follow Me!"

In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner; also reading Cleaving by Julie Powell.

message 40: by April (new)

April | 2 comments I am reading Axiom by Bill Hybels

message 41: by Angela (new)

Angela (aclohman) | 1 comments The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy. Hardy has a tendency to be a depressing read but his prose can be breathtakingly beautiful.

message 42: by Christina (new)

Christina The Memory Artists by Jeffrey Moore

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Right now I am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I love that it combines a classic Jane Austen masterpiece with modern day action into a hilarious tale of Elizabeth and her sisters as a zombie fighting team.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

eryn wrote: "This reader is going self-help this month: "8 Minute Meditation" and "Getting Things Done"."

Also into Getting Things Done this month

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1 comments The Missionary by Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan), classic colonial novel published in 1811...definitely interesting

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy P | 1 comments I am reading 'The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks. I love reading his books!

message 47: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Francis | 1 comments I'm reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

message 48: by Lmwilliams2009 (new)

Lmwilliams2009 | 1 comments I am reading "An Accomplished Woman" by Jude Morgan. Great book.

message 49: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 1 comments I'm reading The Liar's Club: a memoir by Mary Karr. I'm only half-way through it, but I love it. I can't wait to finish it, and then read Cherry... her 2nd memoir.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

ModCloth wrote: "Let us know what you're reading this month, and you could win a copy of Malena Watrous' If You Follow Me!"
Moderns and Contemporaries: Canadian Poetry from 1900-Present.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12