Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

Antigravity Propulsion (The Underground Knowledge Series, #2)
This topic is about Antigravity Propulsion
UFOs / ETs / AREA 51 / ROSWELL > Are aliens visiting Earth or not?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 517 (517 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments “The reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge.” –Paul Hellyer (Canada’s former Minister of National Defence) from an interview with the Canadian Press in 2010.

So what is the truth regarding the anti-gravity spacecraft that Area 51 appears to be concealing? Are such technologies manmade or alien, or a combination of the two?

In short, we have no idea! The next person’s opinion is as good as ours.

If you really want our guess, and it most certainly would be a guess, we think there are enough eyewitness accounts and testimonials from former military and intelligence personnel to suggest aliens not only exist, but have already visited Planet Earth. And it’s our guess the highest levels of the world’s governments are aware of this.

Perhaps it would be wise to defer to former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer, the man nicknamed 'The highest-ranked alien believer on Earth', who has said on the record that extraterrestrials are already living among us, but refuse to share their most advanced technology because of humanity’s refusal to stop wars.

The now retired politician and engineer claims to have directly witnessed UFO technology and confirmed the existence of alien beings on earth through his high-level political and military contacts in Canada and the United States.

On January 1, 2014, Hellyer told news outlet Russia Today he believes there are about 80 different species of ETs, some of whom “look just like us and they could walk down the street and you wouldn’t know if you walked past one ... I would say that nearly all are benign and benevolent and they do want to help us, there may be one or two species which do not.”

Hellyer also told Russia Today that aliens are not that impressed by humans. “They don’t think we are good stewards of our planet, we’re clear cutting our forests, we’re polluting our rivers and our lakes, and we’re dumping sewage in the oceans, and we’re doing all sorts of things which are not what good stewards of their homes should be doing.”

Canada’s former Defence Minister has repeatedly begged governments around the world to disclose ET technology for the benefit of Mankind, in particular technology that could resolve the problem of climate change.

For example, on February 28, 2007, he told the Ottawa Citizen: “I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation…that could be a way to save our planet…We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough.”

If Hellyer is correct in what he says, this further confirms the existence of the Splinter Civilization we have theorized on and speculated about throughout this The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy and in posts in this group. His comments also support our contention that nothing’s more important for the planet right now than releasing all the scientific breakthroughs and technologies that are currently being suppressed or otherwise classified by the Splinter Civilization.

Whether these technologies are of alien origin (a la Roswell) or are of the human variety (a la Nikola Tesla), we firmly believe they could not only solve climate change, as Hellyer suggests, but also solve an infinite number of other critical problems that currently plague the planet.

The danger is if the collective thinking of the public at large remains closed to the possibility of such technologies existing, the likelihood of these problems being solved any time soon looks remote.

A major mind-shift is required. That doesn’t mean buying into every conspiracy theory out there, but it does mean keeping – or adopting, whichever the case – an open mind so that all possibilities can be considered.

message 2: by Harry (last edited Nov 15, 2014 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments I wasn't aware that the recently landed upon Rosetta comet has apparently been emitting a radio signal for the last two decades, and theories of it being an alien mothership and such are currently rife!

Is The Death Star Hidden Inside The Rosetta Comet:
(Don't ya just love those headlines!)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/is-the-deat...

message 3: by Lara (new) - added it

Lara | 6 comments I'm very interested in anything having to do with ETs or UFOs, but I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of the subject. It's a very interesting topic, but I feel like most people are hesitant to discuss it because they may be ridiculed if they take it seriously or admit to a belief in aliens. In my opinion, Nikola Tesla didn't get the respect he deserved from the scientific community because of his belief in aliens.

message 4: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Harry wrote: "I wasn't aware that the recently landed upon Rosetta comet has apparently been emitting a radio signal for the last two decades, and theories of it being an alien mothership and such are currently ..."

Very interesting story regarding the Rosetta comet Harry.

message 5: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Lara wrote: "I'm very interested in anything having to do with ETs or UFOs, but I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of the subject. It's a very interesting topic, but I feel like most people are h..."

It sure is a complex subject to get to the bottom of, Lara. When it comes to our secret-prone governments, the UFO/alien issue seems to have the most secrets of all.

message 6: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments ‘Camouflaged’ Aliens Live Among Us according to University of California scientists:

http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-scien...

University of California Scientists: ‘Camouflaged’ Aliens Live Among Us

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Scientists of the University of California came up with an unusual hypothesis suggesting that space aliens have long settled on Earth and lived among us as observers.

Of course, there is no evidence of this, but according to ancient sources, including the Bible, our planet has been visited by representatives of extraterrestrial civilizations since its inception.

In 2000 scientists of the University of California, led by Professor Jonathan Malkisom, held a press conference, during which the sensational news that representatives of extraterrestrial civilizations have long been among humans was reported. They adopted human appearance and closely monitor our every move.

“It’s like an extreme version of the camouflage found in some insects and animals. Moreover, according to historical records, there have been aliens on Earth from the beginning of creation,” says Adrian Kent of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada.

A confirmation of the words of the Canadian scientist can be found in the Book of Genesis, at the point where the confrontation of Jacob with the Almighty is described:
“And Jacob remained alone; and a man wrestled with him until the rising of the dawn.”

The ancient philosophers were always looking for the answer to the question whether beings arriving from the sky are members of the same tribe as the angels. But as a rule, the answer was no, since the arriving beings were mortal, while the angels live forever.

The question of extraterrestrial civilizations was openly and seriously discussed for the first time only in the twentieth century, especially after the CIA declassified a small part of the archive on the so-called Roswell case, when the U.S. militaries found a crashed flying saucer and delivered its parts to the base.

There is information that in addition to the unknown space object debris, the bodies of three aliens were found and taken to the base. The cause of the incident was the impact of ground radars on the navigation equipment of aliens.

According to another version, the UFO was hit by lightning.

There are reports that U.S. President John F. Kennedy, a few days before his death, asked the head of the CIA to provide all the materials about the incident, but he did not manage to access the most secret archives.

From the 1980′s, many people started claiming that they not only had seen the appearance of a UFO in the sky, but had been inside these objects, and even had come into contact with the aliens.

What do aliens want on Earth?

There is only a hypothesis, which was suggested by British scientist Timothy Good in his book,

“The Earth is no longer an ‘intermediate base.’ They have settled here for a good long time now.”

In January 2011, British scientists announced the need to prepare for emergency meeting with an extraterrestrial civilization, and even suggested the foundation of a special committee at the UN.

message 7: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Ancient Aliens video: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/7557...

Maybe they've been here all along...Or maybe they used to be here on Earth, then went away for a while and returned about the time of Roswell...

message 8: by Corinna (new)

Corinna (Flowerbird8) >> What do Aliens want here?

There seams to be different agendas for the different alien species

- to seed our Planet as an Living Library
- to help us not to choose the wrong path they have choosen (Pleiadians)
- to use the resources (gold) from our planet to rescue their planet Nibiru (Annunaki)

Genesis Paper #1: Human Origins and The Living Library
by Wes Penre, Thursday, March 31, 2011
(http://wespenre.com)
http://wespenre.com/human-origins-and...

Genetic Manipulation (GM) Section:

GM Paper #1: Nephilim, The Fallen Angels
by Wes Penre, Thursday, April 7, 2011
(http://wespenre.com)
http://wespenre.com/fallen-angels.htm

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

There are some books to find in goodreads about the Pleiadians. (two I have started reading)

My most important question is: What does this mean for my own life? What can I learn from these, so that I can live here for the good of us?

(even if I read a lot of english it is hard for me to write english, and harder to write in the public, sorry)

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (RHWright) | 30 comments I have always enjoyed this question, going back to my childhood and watching US TV series Project UFO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_....) and In Search Of (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Searc...).

I remained intrigued, if dubious, until seeing author Whitley Strieber speak. Where other abductees come of as disingenuous or even a little crazy, he was just plain spoken and matter of fact about "this is what I experienced."

There's a high noise-to-signal ratio in all the lore surrounding UFOs and aliens, but something is being experienced. Whether they're extraterrestrial, extra-dimensional, time travelers, a massive black op covering up some other thing the government doesn't want us to know, or something else entirely, who knows.

But something is going on.

message 10: by James, Group Founder (last edited Dec 05, 2014 02:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Robert wrote: "I have always enjoyed this question, going back to my childhood and watching US TV series Project UFO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_....) and In Search Of (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In..."

I agree Robert. Something is definitely going on. But of all conspiracy subjects, it seems the UFO/Alien subject is the hardest to decipher. Whether that indicates it is the biggest cover-up of all, I'm not sure.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 8 comments I don't believe aliens appear as the skinny green figures with bulbous eyes that society depicts them as. We haven't seen a genuine and confirmed picture of one, so who knows what they actually look like. I don't believe that aliens are living amount us, but it's possible that they have certainly visited Earth before. I am not very knowledgeable on this subject, but with Roswell and Area 51 to back me up, I believe there is some truth behind what conspiracy theorists have to say on aliens.

message 12: by John (new)

John Austin I thought that crop circles were shown to be an elaborate hoax.

Regarding the Ex-Canadian Defence Minister who believed that aliens were amongst us, he must surely be deluded.

You have only to think through the pace of evolution to conclude that advanced aliens are very unlikely to have travelled here. Firstly, such aliens would have needed to travel several hundred light years most probably. Why would they do that when sending a signal would be faster? Even after 4.5 billion years of evolution life on Earth (namely humans) have not even made it to another part of our own solar system. The technical difficulties of going close to the speed of light without physically destroying living tissue would seem to be insurmountable. It seems logical to suppose that other intelligent species may have gone down a similar path to us. Personally, I think that the finite speed of light issue and other space hazards such as cosmic rays make travel in space, much further than our own solar system, impossible.

I know most of you prefer the idea of star trek and star wars than reality, and see government cover ups everywhere. However, most things have a rational explanation when sufficient data exist. When things can't be explained it usually means that there isn't enough data. That's why there are so many saints in the catholic church! The government isn't competent enough to cover up the truth. Even NASA have lost a satellite because an engineering company that were contracted for them did their measurements in medieval units.

UFOs are two a penny. Don't forget the acronym means unidentified flying object, with the emphasis on unidentified. It doesn't mean alien. UFOs are most likely to be weather balloons, actual aircraft, peculiar light conditions, ball lightning, and the old favourite meteors. There was a spectacular display a few years ago recorded on car cameras in Russia. The Earth passed relatively close to an asteroid and the Earth's gravity knocked off some pieces, which spectacularly entered the Earth's atmosphere.

I won't comment much on anti-gravity devices, but they contradict known physics. Gravity is a weak force, so to counteract it you need an enormous mass. Some levitation devices may actually be electromagnetic. But this only work with electrically charged objects. For example, Maglev trains are scattered around the world. They are really low flying aircraft suspended a few cm above a rail by electromagnetism. Very expensive to maintain such enormous magnetic fields....

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments John wrote: "I thought that crop circles were shown to be an elaborate hoax.

Regarding the Ex-Canadian Defence Minister who believed that aliens were amongst us, he must surely be deluded.

You have only to t..."

With regards to crop circles being proven to be a hoax- it's one of those things where as soon as hoaxes are exposed, many will then believe that ALL are hoaxes. Many are. Many not. The ones that aren't hoaxes (whatever the cause of them) are so because of things like this: firstly, and most importantly, the blades of the wheat/grass etc. are always bent and not broken as with the known hoaxes. Then there's stuff like reports of birds not flying over the area directly above, reports of pilots of small aircraft flying over fields only to fly back ten minutes later to find a complex circle etc. All I'm saying is each case has to be examined on its own merit, just the same as with every U.F.O and all the rest, rather than us bunching 'em all together.

message 14: by Rosalie (last edited Jan 19, 2015 09:30AM) (new)

Rosalie DeGregory (rosaliedegregory) | 27 comments Harry is right. The hoax is that they are all hoaxes. I won't dig up the info, but leave that to you, John. There have even been detailed data held in some of the crop circles.

The problem is that people pass on the disinformation, such as, "were shown to be an elaborate hoax," rather than doing their own research.

Another problem is that brainwashed people who refuse to do the research give those who have, such labels as "deluded". Have you researched the story told by Ex-Canadian Defense Minister? No. Have you listened to any of the testimony of the citizen's hearing in which he and other extremely successful and intelligent people, some in government, science and military, participated. No. Why not?

message 15: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie DeGregory (rosaliedegregory) | 27 comments Harry wrote: "This is rather interesting. "

Thanks for that link of the object on NASA recording, Harry. It IS interesting!

I remember when NASA shut down while a very large object between Earth and Mars was being reported (again, I didn't save the info sources). The problem with the official story is that it didn't warrant NASA cameras and recording devises being shut off, as they could have run unattended, thus not affecting the budget.

message 16: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 1985 comments John wrote: "I thought that crop circles were shown to be an elaborate hoax.

You have only to t..."

John - The key point that stands out to me in your post is "they contradict known physics." The key word being "known".

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments Rosalie wrote: "Harry wrote: "This is rather interesting. "

Thanks for that link of the object on NASA recording, Harry. It IS interesting!"

Cheers Rosalie.
Sure is interesting ain't it? Of course skeptics are giving computer glitch like explanations...

message 18: by John (new)

John Austin Lance, I was being polite. Nowadays, when scientists say "contradict known physics" it means that the "unknown" physics is required to be so radical that we would not be around to observe it!

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments While I'm open to being wrong, I don't think aliens are or have visited earth. While there are a lot of mysteries, I think they can be explained without invoking aliens.

I also haven't found anyone who claims to have inside knowledge about the government and aliens to be credible.

I don't even like the term UFO. I prefer UAP, unidentified aerial phenomena. Calling them objects immediately focuses your thinking in a particular direction. Too many unquestioned assumptions can lead to erroneous conclusions.

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments John wrote: "I thought that crop circles were shown to be an elaborate hoax.

You have only to t..."

John,

I can understand your viewpoint on U.F.Os, because you're simply looking at it from a 'normal scientific' point of view, but what we often seem to lose sight of is that we always look at things from a human perspective, and who's to say that perspective is valid (especially when we all have individual perspectives too)?

We still think of aliens as coming from another planet. We base the likelihood of their being able to travel here measured on our science of the given time- which, of course, is constantly evolving into new ways of understanding. And everything in science was once ridiculed when it was new and outside of people's grasp. So I just don't think the science argument for aliens not being able to reach earth and all that stuff is valid at all, because if aliens exist, we have no goddamn idea what their 'science' is capable of.

'Aliens' exist in this world, to me- based on my own research- but what they actually are is a different matter. Where do they come from? When do they come from? Do they have physical bodies, or can they perhaps change their vibrations of energy to alter from being light beings to heavy physical dense beings? Are they the same thing as ghosts, gods, demons and all the rest? Are they mice?!

As you say, U.F.Os just mean Unidentified Flying Objects. We don't know what they are. But of course they exist. Jeez, there are enough reports, vids and pics that AREN'T fake out there- but that still doesn't mean we can then leap to the conclusion that aliens from another planet are here. It could be the popular theory that U.F.Os are of our own making for instance.

But whatever the truth is to all those questions and more, it seems effing blatant that our Elite governments know the secrets of such things. So, either way, there's a conspiracy.

Ignore Alien Orders. (Joe Strummer R.I.P)

message 21: by John (new)

John Austin Harry,
I'm just not convinced that governments know anything. You seem to be investing in a conspiracy of silence. The government is made of people and people leak. If you have an unexplained occurrence (UFO for example), it is natural to bring in scientists as well as the military to have a go at explaining things. Scientists are awfully bad at keeping secrets. Its anathema to our very way of thinking.

In fact the government in general is bad at keeping secrets most of which seems destined to protect the personal interests of individual politicians. In recent years we have heard how the US government practices torture and how it spies on its allies.

You can't dismiss current scientific understanding as "incomplete". Of course it is to a degree. Our current understanding of some concepts is phenomenally good, though. You can't argue about the constraints of relativity nor the enormity of space.

As for the often quoted idea that physicists at the turn of the 20th century thought they knew everything about the universe already, this is pretty silly. The Michelson Morley experiments to measure the speed of light were already there in the late 19th century. Physicists recognised that the results could not be explained on the basis of the "known" physics. That led a few decades later to the Einstein-Lorenz theory of relativity. Known problems with the orbit of Mercury led to the theory of General Relativity (gravitation if you will). There was enough uncertainty in radiation as well which ultimately led to quantum theory. There might have been a few physicists in those times who took their eye off the ball and declared themselves omniscient, but fortunately a few people were paying attention. Nowadays, there must be ten times as many physicists if not more, so the chance of a fundamental error seems more remote.

There's plenty of interesting things which are more likely than alien presence (unless of course you count bacteria or primitive life forms on asteroids). You may find them dull, however.

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments Thanks for your response John.

You say, "You can't dismiss current scientific understanding as "incomplete". Of course it is to a degree."
Er, exactly.
"Our current understanding of some concepts is phenomenally good, though." Yes it is, absolutely- just as we've probably always felt at every stage of scientific breakthrough. I didn't say anything about some 20th century knowing everything idea.

"You can't argue about the constraints of relativity nor the enormity of space." Yes I can. It may be a limited or minority opinion, and I may not even believe it myself, but of course I can argue with such things. What if one day we actually found an edge to space and we were mistaken in our interpretation of its expanse? What if we found a door, walked through it and found ourselves in a goldfish bowl? What if we're in a TARDIS (like in Dr. Who) where it's bigger on the inside? 70% of the universe is Dark Energy. We know nothing about it.

Whistle blowers about U.F.Os? Man, there's an absolute abundance of them. (I seem to remember Julian Assange had leaked documents shortly before his having to hole up at the embassy, to name one example). Are they all reliable? No. But if you seriously approach the subject of governments covering up such stuff, you'll find there's much evidence that is suppressed, regardless of what conspiracy that implies.

And political stupidity is just a double bluff move. I recommend watching the comedy 'Yes Minister.'

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments Hey John, as an aside, I just took a look at your book Measuring the World: Making complicated problems simple by really going metric which looks interesting... but we can't go metric. We'll never give up our pints. :)

message 24: by John (new)

John Austin Harry,
Being British I am well versed in "yes minister"and "yes prime minister" which followed a few years later on the BBC. However, I don't see that it addresses the current issue. I didn't see the material as a "double bluff" as you put it. I felt that it was more a satire on the way that manipulation and ideas occurred in the balance of power between civil servants and politicians. The former, being permanent employees are usually far more knowledgeable than their political masters. The yes prime minister series had the politician get their own back. But I digress.

As a scientist, I could say that Maxwell's equations which govern electromagnetism and is a major success of physics, is essentially correct. Moreover it is correct in the very regime that we know about, because it has been tested. You can always say that, even if I'm 99.999999% right, there is still that small percentage where you could be right. The same argument applies to general relativity. That's the difference between science and mathematics.

It's all very well you talking about contradicting known physical laws, but are you equipped for it? Simply guessing like you seem to be isn't good enough. To have any intellectual rigour, you need to find a set of circumstances where our theories don't apply and hence your ideas about the Tardis or what you want to contribute about dark energy, has some weight. In the meantime, there are thousands of scientists worldwide trying as hard as they can to break the very laws that have been formulated and doing so in a rigorous way.

Essentially, you're using faith to get your fraction of a percent chance of being right. Good luck, but don't invest all your intellectual capital in it!

Regarding my book, well we should give up our pints and stones! I bet you can't tell the difference between a pint and half a litre anyway. I can't. Do you even know what a pint is? It depends on which country you come from. So if you were in a foreign country that used pints, would you know what that meant or would you guess (perhaps wrongly)? Business in Britain is compromised by having to run two systems of measurement. It has been suggested that the poor maths performance of children in the UK and hence USA is because of our crap units. Do you dispute these arguments? Two sets of units actually contradicts one of the rules of the Magna Carta signed 800 years ago, and which has not been rescinded. It obliged the government to use ONE set of units throughout the land. Under British law, then, the government needs to decide which units we're using, and as we have partly metricated we are not going back! In any case, Imperial Units or US standard units are not a set, as they use metric units for food energy and electricity. It's a complete shambles!

As I mentioned in my book, the USA is a wealthy enough country that it can afford to throw away $300 million dollars every now and again because of a unit cockup. Let's hope there's not an astronaut on board when it next happens.

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments John,

I don't know where you plucked your chances from of me being the 0.1111111 type possibility of being right. Obviously I have my own spiritual beliefs, but that is aside in the arguments of such things as: does consciousness exist in energy form? Possible perhaps, yes. Are there many worlds and alternative selves? Yes, it's looking that way. What do we know about 70% of the universe, compared to the solid, physical things in it, that we measure with all sorts of devices, biased by our human design and wiring, by simple acts of observation and so on. Just look at the hidden messages in water I posted in the other thread.

So, I'd say we're 50/50 in terms of correctness.

Science is just starting to say the same things that religions and spiritual sages have said for centuries. It's science that's catching up!

John, I'm really not disagreeing with anything you say, and you know a great deal more than I on science, but all I'm saying is (to quote Operation Ivy): "All we know is that we don't know nothing."

And I wasn't having a pop at the metric system idea- you're absolutely right that our system's fucked up, but I wanted to make the joke about the pint- which is still actually true. I bet ya if you could convince everyone to go metric, but leave pints as the one exclusion, you'd win people over.

And I most certainly can tell the difference between pints and sizes when abroad- I'm surprised you can't, being a fellow Brit! :)
There's nothing like travelling for months and then finally finding a proper pint.

Best to you John. Go on, give the spiritual, philosophical road a go. Things are never as black and white as they seem.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments That's been making the rounds the last couple of days. I looked into Milton Wainwright and the University of Buckingham and they seem to be legit although they have had some controversy in their school of medicine.

I hope further analysis is done of the organic material and we can find out what it is. I really hope this isn't a hoax.

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments This is something that was found in the upper atmosphere. It sounds like evidence for directed panspermia - that life was deliberately seeded on earth from somewhere else. That doesn't require an actual visit, just organic matter propelled here from another system.

message 28: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Anyone ever see the 80s movie titled They Live?

message 29: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments A classic, I love John Carpenter movies

message 30: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments So who thinks there could be any validity to the idea that aliens could be already amongst us?
In THEY LIVE the lead character gets a special pair of sunglasses that allows him to see who is human and who is alien.

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments The brilliant They Live is more fact than we know, me reckons.

message 32: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Harry wrote: "The brilliant They Live is more fact than we know, me reckons."

Should the producers of THEY LIVE have included "based on a true story", Mr Whitewolf?

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments I'm trying to make a pair of those sunglasses.

message 34: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Harry wrote: "I'm trying to make a pair of those sunglasses."

Here's the trailer to THEY LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJC4R...

I like the line where he says "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...And I'm all out of bubble gum."

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments And here's the brilliant sunglasses scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AM...

(I've always read advert signs and newspapers in that fashion anyway.)

message 36: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Has anyone heard the theory that hybrid beings (with human and alien DNA) are living amongst us on Earth now?

Anyone believe this to be true?

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments I seem to recall Timothy Good talking about such things.

(And of course some people believe that WE are actually alien/human hybrids a la an ancient intervention 2001: A Space Odyssey like!)

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments I don't buy that we are hybrids, or the Annunaki theory, either. With all the people studying the human genome, and how we relate to Neanderthals and Denisovans, we would have heard about some sort of "mystery DNA". Of course junk DNA is not well understood and may hold candidates for engineered DNA.

I don't believe that any beings traveled through space to get here but I don't rule out the possibility that there are other intelligences interacting with humans.

message 39: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments DNA Analysis of the Paracas Skulls Proves They Are Not Human
http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2...

DNA Analysis of the Paracas Skulls Proves They Are Not Human

On the southern coast of Peru lies the desert peninsula of Paracas. This barren landscape is where Peruvian archaeologist Julio Tello made an astounding discovery in 1928. His efforts uncovered a massive and complex graveyard buried under the sand and rocks.

In these tombs Tello found some of the most controversial human(?) remains in history. The bodies had the largest elongated skulls in the world and have since been called the Paracas skulls. Tello found a total of more than 300 skulls and they have been dated at around 3,000 years old. A recent DNA analysis performed on some of those skulls has presented amazing results that could challenge the current perspective of the human evolutionary tree.

Several other cultures have practiced skull elongation or deformation but the techniques they used produced different results. Certain South American tribes used to bind infants’ skulls in order to change their shape. Binding the head between pieces of wood modified the appearance of skulls by applying constant pressure over a long period of time. This type of cranial deformation changed the shape but it did not alter the size, weight or cranial volume; these are all standard characteristics of a regular human skull.

The Paracas skulls are different. Their craniums are 25% larger and 60% heavier than regular human skulls which led researchers to believe they couldn’t have been modified through binding. They are also structurally different and only have one parietal plate as opposed to the two normally found in human skulls. These differences have deepened the decade-old mystery around the Paracas skulls and researchers haven’t been able to explain their origins.

The director of the Paracas History Museum has sent samples from 5 skulls to undergo genetic testing. The samples consisted of hair, skin, teeth and fragments of skull bones. The genetic laboratory was not informed about the samples’ origins in order to avoid biased or influenced results. The results were fascinating.

The mitochondrial DNA (inherited from the mother) presented mutations unknown to any man, primate or any other animal. The mutations suggested we are dealing with a completely new human-like being, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals or Denisovans. The Paracas individuals were so biologically different from humans they wouldn’t have been able to interbreed. “I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree”, one geneticist added.

The implications of this discovery are huge. Who were the mysterious Paracas people? Did they evolve here on Earth on a path so different from us that they ended up looking drastically different? If not, where did they come from? Are any of them left?

This breakthrough brings up more questions than it answers but counts as another piece of evidence suggesting that we are not alone.

message 40: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments Anatomy Expert Believes Enigmatic Skeleton Of Peru Is Not Human - https://www.goodreads.com/videos/8073...

message 41: by David (new) - added it

David Elkin | 478 comments Rebuttal from this chap: http://www.peruthisweek.com/blogs-cal...

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments The stories were pretty vague. They didn't say who did the DNA analysis. There was no peer review. The sponsoring group was a private museum that arranges tours around the skulls. I'll need a little more information before I start getting excited.

message 43: by David (new) - added it

David Elkin | 478 comments Agreed Jim, pretty shaky science.

New book coming out might well be worth picking up:

The Presidents and UFOs: A Secret History from FDR to Obama
by Larry Holcombe, Stanton T. Friedman (Foreword)
Release date: Mar 17, 2015

The UFO enigma has been part of our culture since the 1940s and building to a worldwide explosion of acceptance today. Now, as governments around the world open their files and records on internal UFO investigations, the US remains steadfast in its denial of interest in the UFO issue. As more of the world’s population accepts the possibility of an extraterrestrial presence, the demand is building for disclosure from the United States.

Using newly declassified and Freedom of Information Act documents, eyewitness accounts, interviews, and leaked documents being authenticated, THE PRESIDENTS AND UFOS details the secret history of UFOs and the corresponding presidential administration. Starting in 1941 with the Roosevelt administration, author Larry Holcombe examines the startling discoveries facing a president preoccupied by WWII, the explosion of UFO sightings during the Truman years, first contact during the Eisenhower administration, and the possibility of a UFO connection to the Kennedy assassination. In 1975, the Nixon administration came very close to admitting that UFOs exist by funding a documentary by Robert Emenegger. Almost 40 years later, this book will examine Emenegger’s findings.

For the first time, the involvement of all of the modern presidents up to and including President Obama, and the rise and then fall of their influence on UFO issues, are told in one story that is an integral part of the fascinating UFO tapestry.

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments There are a lot of books about what the government isn't telling us about UFOs all extrapolating a lot from some pretty meager clues. I've come to the conclusion that no government has been able to figure out what real UFOs are. They have, however, been happy to imply lots of things, especially to scare the Soviets. They seem to have also used UFOs as a cover for things like the U2 and B2B programs.

I'm defining real UFOs as the genuine mystery deals, leaving out misidentifications of military and other craft, hoaxes, etc.

If you haven't seen or read Mirage Men, I recommend it. It's currently available through Netflix streaming. It's thesis is that various government agencies took advantage of the UFO phenomenon for various propaganda purposes. They also kept tabs on various UFO groups. (Rightly so since they must have provided some cover for Soviet agents who wanted to get near military installations where UFO events occurred.)

message 45: by David (new) - added it

David Elkin | 478 comments Let's see

1. agreed lot's of conjecture. Also agree that they don't really understand the phenomena.
2. 95% of sightings in US west of Mississippi most likely secret aircraft tests. However, I don't buy the operation mogul cover-up for Roswell. I got to meet Stan F. at a book sighing and he stated that 95% is hoax, or mistake, but the other 5% is most likely true.
3. I have come to the strong belief that we may be inter-dimensional versus extra terrestrial

Recommendation is appreciated.

As always Jim, appreciate your insight.

message 46: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7759 comments David wrote: "Let's see

1. agreed lot's of conjecture. Also agree that they don't really understand the phenomena.
2. 95% of sightings in US west of Mississippi most likely secret aircraft tests. However, I don..."

That 5% is still A LOT of real UFO activity.
I agree with that estimate and also agree that some of the activity involves interdimensional...Which would explain why it's such a difficult thing for governments to figure out.

I don't believe Mirage Men is presenting the entire UFO picture.

message 47: by David (new) - added it

David Elkin | 478 comments I have not seen it yet, but I do have netflix so will try to watch this weekend.

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimliedeka) | 567 comments James wrote:
I don't believe Mirage Men is presenting the entire UFO picture.

They really aren't trying to explain UFOs. They are just pointing out some examples of how AFOSI and others used people's interest in UFOs to further their own purposes.

message 49: by David (new) - added it

David Elkin | 478 comments Jim wrote: "If you haven't seen or read Mirage Men, I recommend"

Watched it over the weekend. Since I live in NM, it was very interesting and though it is not an explanation of UFO's, it is one helluva expose of government interference. Well worth the time to watch!

message 50: by Harry (last edited Mar 09, 2015 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments A U.F.O was apparently caught live in the background of an Argentine news programme yesterday:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/08/is-ther...

I believe that's happened something like three times on RT News as well.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11