Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Monthly/Seasonal Challenges > May: Tulip Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
Logo Design by FlamingText.com
May 13th= Tulip Day; what better way to celebrate than a reading challenge dedicated to Tulips!

Duration: One month from start date

Pink tulips: completing option 1
Yellow tulips: completing option 2
Verigated tulips: completing all three options

Option 1: Spell- it -out.
Spell out the word "Tulip" using the usual spell it out rules(*)

Option 2: Find that Color!
Tulips come in a variety of colors: White, yellow, pink, red, purple, and orange.
Read books with covers of the above colors ( books should be 50% or more of color)

Option 3: Color Significance
Giving a certain type of flower can have a specific meaning; different colors of tulips also often carry their own significance.
Red tulips: are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love.

Purple tulips : are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess

Yellow tulips: are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character

White tulips : usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences" :Read a book in which a character attends a funeral

Pink tulips : Usually mean "congratulations", "good luck", or "well wishes"
Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky

Orange tulips symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.

(*)Spell-it-Out Rules
Using the first letter in the book’s title, the first letter of the series name, the first letter in the author’s first or last name, or the first letter of a character’s first, last, or nick-name, or the first letter in the audio book narrators first or last name.
If you are reading a translated version, you can also use the first letter of the translator's first or last name.

As always, if the first letter of a title starts with ‘A’, ‘An’, ‘The’, etc., you may use the first letter of the second word in the title to spell out your chosen word.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Citrine Coin Seasonal Challenges ~ Citrine Coin Citrine Coin

Earn your Citrine Coins with Seasonal Challenges joined on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn a Citrine Coin:
Citrine Coin One Coin upon reaching the "Verigated Tulip " level.

Learn about Gem coins here

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited May 12, 2020 05:13PM) (new)

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Res

message 5: by Suzanne (last edited May 22, 2018 12:15PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1131 comments Nothing But Reading Challenges
Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration:
5/1/2018 - 5/31/2018

Progress: 12 out of 17

May 13th= Tulip Day; what better way to celebrate than a reading challenge dedicated to Tulips!

T
U
L: Lauren Willig; The Secret History of the Pink Carnation - ***** - 5/11/2018 - 400 Pages
I: Ilona Andrews; On the Edge - ***** - 5/4/2018 - 309 Pages
P: P.N. Elrod; My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding - ***** - 5/3/2018 - 310 Pages
On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding by P.N. Elrod The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig

Tulips come in a variety of colors: White, yellow, pink, red, purple, and orange.

Read books with covers of the above colors ( books should be 50% or more of color)
White: Giant Days, Vol. 5 by John Allison - ***** - 5/15/2018 - 112 Pages
Yellow:
Pink: Giant Days, Vol. 4 by John Allison - ***** - 5/2/2018 - 112 Pages
Red: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - ***** - 5/8/2018 - 436 Pages
Purple:
Orange:
Giant Days, Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4) by John Allison Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5) by John Allison

Giving a certain type of flower can have a specific meaning; different colors of tulips also often carry their own significance.

Red tulips: Are often associated with true love:
Read a book where a character falls in love:
The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole - *** - 5/16/2018 - 125 Pages

Purple tulips: Are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess
The Emerald City of OzEric Shanower - **** - 5/1/2018 - 120 Pages

Yellow tulips: Are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character
Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley - ***** - 5/5/2018 - 112 Pages

White tulips: Usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences": Read a book in which a character attends a funeral
Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs - ***** - 5/9/2018 - 308 Pages

Pink tulips: Usually mean "congratulations", "good luck", or "well wishes": Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky
Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter - ***** - 5/17/2018 - 353 Pages

Orange tulips: Symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.
John Adams by David McCullough - **** - 5/1/2018 - 751 Pages

The Emerald City of Oz by Eric Shanower John Adams by David McCullough Kim Reaper Vol. 1 Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4) by Faith Hunter

(*)Spell-it-Out Rules
Using the first letter in the book’s title, the first letter of the series name, the first letter in the author’s first or last name, or the first letter of a character’s first, last, or nick-name, or the first letter in the audio book narrators first or last name.
If you are reading a translated version, you can also use the first letter of the translator's first or last name.

As always, if the first letter of a title starts with ‘A’, ‘An’, ‘The’, etc., you may use the first letter of the second word in the title to spell out your chosen word.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:34PM) (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 244 comments IN! Yellow tulip
***Finished a day late -- june 1 2018

T Two Kinds of Truth
U Undercover in High Heels
L The Lynching: The Epic Courtroom Battle That Brought Down the Klan
I I'll Be Seeing You
P Privy to the Dead

White: Salt Sugar Fat How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss
Yellow: Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2) by Sheila Connolly
Pink: Killer Cupcakes (Lexy Baker #1) by Leighann Dobbs
Red: The Trouble with Scarlett A Novel of Golden-Era Hollywood (Hollywood's Garden of Allah #2) by Martin Turnbull
Purple: Holiday Spice (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #6) by Samantha Chase
Orange: Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3) by Hailey Lind

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Jun 01, 2018 04:34AM) (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments Will attempt option 3!

2018 Tulip Reading Challenge

Start Date: 01/05/2018
End Date: 31/05/2018

Level: Variegated Tulips

17/18 completed

Option 1: Spell- it -out

✓ T: Need Me by Tessa Bailey (05/05) ★★★★
✓ U: Seducing the Playboy by Amanda Usen (24/05) ★★★
✓ L: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely (06/05) ★★★★
✓ I: In Kelly's Corner by Roxie Rivera (22/05) ★★★
✓ P: The Marriage Arrangement by Jennifer Probst (01/05) ★★★
✓ S: Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen (01/05) ★★★

Need Me (Broke and Beautiful, #2) by Tessa Bailey Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2) by Amanda Usen Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely In Kelly's Corner (Fighting Connollys, #1) by Roxie Rivera The Marriage Arrangement (Marriage to a Billionaire #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #80) by Jennifer Probst Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers #1) by Sarina Bowen

Read books with covers of the above colors ( books should be 50% or more of color).

1. White:
✓ Yellow: Runaway Groom by Lauren Layne (10/05) ★★★★★
✓ Pink: Dear Jane by Marissa Clarke (19/05) ★★★
✓ Red: One Night of Sin by Elle Kennedy (12/05) ★★★
✓ Purple: Summer's Desire by Kathleen Ball (19/05) ★★
6. Orange:

1 Runaway Groom (I Do, I Don't, #2) by Lauren Layne Dear Jane (Animal Attraction, #1) by Marissa Clarke One Night of Sin (After Hours, #1) by Elle Kennedy Summer's Desire (Cowboy Seasons, #1) by Kathleen Ball 6

1. Red tulips are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love.
🌷 Make Me by Tessa Bailey (05/05) ★★★★ - female and male MC fall in love with each other.

2. Purple tulips are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess.
🌷 The King's Innocent Bride by Alexa Riley (31/05) ★★

3. Yellow tulips are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character.
🌷Diamonds and Dirt Roads by Erin Nicholas (03/05) ★★★★ - female MC is a happy, cheerful character.

4. White tulips usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences": Read a book in which a character attends a funeral.
🌷Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh (08/05) ★★★★ - female MC attends the funeral of her brother and sister.

5. Pink tulips usually mean "congratulations", "good luck", or "well wishes": Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky.
🌷 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (17/05) ★★★★

6. Orange tulip symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.
🌷 After Hours by Lynda Aicher (04/05) ★★★
" Passion overrode logic along with..." Loc 113

Make Me (Broke and Beautiful, #3) by Tessa Bailey The King's Innocent Bride (Royal Wedding, #3) by Alexa Riley Diamonds and Dirt Roads (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #1) by Erin Nicholas Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling After Hours (The Boardroom, #1) by Lynda Aicher

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie | 185 comments Tulip Reading Challenge
Option 1: Spell-It-Out
1/5/18 – 31/5/18
0/5

T
U
L
I
P

message 9: by Emily (last edited Jun 01, 2018 09:50PM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Giving a certain type of flower can have a specific meaning; different colors of tulips also often carry their own significance. 

Red tulips: Are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love Cruise by Drew Elyse 5.2

Purple tulips: Are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess

Yellow tulips: Are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character Kissing Micky by Ellen Devlin 5.7

White tulips: Usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences": Read a book in which a character attends a funeral 5+Us Makes Sevenb y Nicole Elliot 5.21

Pink tulips: Usually mean "congratulations", "good luck", or "well wishes": Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky Hooked OnYou by Kate Meader 5.9

Orange tulips: Symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.  Raphael by DB Reynolds 5.2 pg 132

message 10: by Deanna (last edited May 29, 2018 07:25PM) (new)

Deanna | 2962 comments 2018 Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: May 1 - 31

1/18 completed

1. T - The Trials of Morrigan Crow (5/19)
2. U
3. L
4. I - Ilona Andrews' Clean Sweep (5/4)
5. P - Phaedra Weldon's Elemental Arcane (5/5)
6. S - Shiftless by Easterling (5/13)

Read books with covers of the above colors ( books should be 50% or more of color).

1. White: Murder in the Morning Edition (Morning, Noon & Night trilogy #1) by Peter Bartram (5/6)
2. Yellow: Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris (5/7)
3. Pink:
4. Red:
5. Purple: Geekerella by Ashley Poston (5/11)
6. Orange: The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3) by Eoin Colfer (5/4)

1. Red tulips are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love.
🌷 Yesterday's Thief (Eric Beckman, #1) by Al Macy (5/1)

2. Purple tulips are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess.
🌷

3. Yellow tulips are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character.
🌷 Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson (5/28)

4. White tulips usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences": Read a book in which a character attends a funeral.
🌷 Sergeant Cluff Stands Firm by Gil North (5/5)

5. Pink tulips usually mean "congratulations", "good luck", or "well wishes": Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky.
🌷 Homicidal Aliens and Other Disappointments by Brian Yansky (5/13)

6. Orange tulip symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.
🌷

message 11: by Jessica (last edited May 15, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

Jessica | 546 comments 5/17 completed

0/5
1. T - This Mortal Coil
2. U -
3. L - The Last Star
4. I - Illuminae
5. P -

0/6
1. White: The Cruel Prince
2. Yellow:
3. Pink:
4. Red:
5. Purple: A Culpa é das Estrelas
6. Orange:

0/6

message 12: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 2127 comments I am in!
Start date - May 2
Finish date - June 2

Goal level- Verigated tulips: completing all three options

message 13: by Keli (last edited Jun 07, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Keli | 772 comments I'll give it a go
2 May - 02 June
11/17

✔Option 1: Spell- it -out.
T - Toni L.P. Kelner, An Apple for the Creature - 13/05/18
U - Unexpected Gifts -30/05/18
L - Lucy King, Taming the Beast - 01/06/18
I - Ilona Andrews, Magic Shifts - 06/05/18
P - Penny Reid, Heat

Read books with covers of the below colors ( books should be 50% or more of color)

White:
Yellow: - The Red Tent by Anita Diamant - 23/05/18
Pink:
Red -
Purple
Orange.

Red tulips: are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love. - All the Birds in the Sky - 17/05/18

Purple tulips : are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess

Yellow tulips: are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character - The Will - 10/05/18

White tulips : usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences" :Read a book in which a character attends a funeral - Dissolution - 15/05/18

Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky - The Sex Lives Of Cannibals - 24/05/17

Orange tulips symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text. - Firelight - 20/05/18 pg 103

message 14: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge; everyone!

Your challenge posts are updated HERE

message 15: by Abbey (last edited May 31, 2018 01:52PM) (new)

Abbey (abbeyhauser) | 210 comments All 3 Options COMPLETED: 5/31/18 :)

Option 1:
5/5 FINISHED 5/29/18
T - Turtles All the Way Down by John Green Turtles All the Way Down
U - Under the Influence by Joyce Maynard Under the Influence
L - Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic Life Without Limits
I - I See You by Clare Mackintosh I See You
P - The Penguin Lessons by Tom Michell The Penguin Lessons

Option 2:
6/6 FINISHED 5/27/18
White Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Warcross
Yellow The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (Flavia de Luce, #9) by Alan Bradley The Grave's a Fine and Private Place
Pink Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, #14) by Janet Evanovich Fearless Fourteen
Red 1984 by George Orwell 1984
Purple Dangerous Minds (Knight and Moon, #2) by Janet Evanovich Dangerous Minds
Orange I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora I Kill the Mockingbird

Option 3:
6/6
FINISHED: 5/31/18
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider Extraordinary Means

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett A Little Princess

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella Finding Audrey

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Wuthering Heights

Seizure (Virals, #2) by Kathy Reichs Seizure

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

message 16: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Abbey!!

message 17: by Mave (new)

Mave | 52 comments Nothing But Reading Challenges
Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: 5/5/2018 - 6/5/2018

0/5
1. T -
2. U -
3. L -
4. I -
5. P -

0/6
1. White:
2. Yellow:
3. Pink:
4. Red:
5. Purple:
6. Orange:

0/6

message 18: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Mave;
your challenge post is updated HERE

message 19: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (last edited May 24, 2018 06:28PM) (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 155 comments NBRC's Tulip Challenge

(5 Books)
T - The Werewolf Tycoon's Baby 5/10
U - The Ugly Princess: The Legend of the Winnowwood 5/4,
L - Lion's Lynx 5/14
I - George Ilian, 100 Valuable Leadership Lessons from 10 U.S. Presidents 5/11
P - Poison Study 5/9

--------------------------------------------------

Option 2: Find that Color! (All books read were completed 5/1-5/31)
Tulips come in a variety of colors: White, yellow, pink, red, purple, and orange. (min. 50%)

Total Books Read for Option 2: 20

Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Everything But a Mother (Everything But...Series, #5) by Holly Jacobs Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum Renegade Car Camping A Guide to Free Campsites and the Ultimate Road Trip Experience by Bryan Snyder Gifted Thief (Highland Magic, #1) by Helen Harper Corn Snakes as Pets Corn Snake facts, care, breeding, nutritional information, tips, and more! Caring For Your Corn Snake by Lolly Brown Henry Huggins (Henry Huggins, #1) by Beverly Cleary Savage Yearning (Corona Pride, #1) by Liza Street Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1) by Zoe York Magic & Mercy (Starry Hollow Witches #5) by Annabel Chase Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine The Scarecrow King by Jill Myles Little Boy Lost (The Librarian, #1) by Eric Hobbs Hidden Sight (Coastview Prophecies #1) by Simone Pond The Reluctant Farmer of Whimsey Hill by Bradford M. Smith A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #2) by Jodi Taylor Last Dragon Standing (Heartstrikers, #5) by Rachel Aaron Smoke (Bearpaw Ridge Firefighters, #7) by Ophelia Sexton

message 20: by Anna (last edited May 20, 2018 10:53PM) (new)

Anna | 4 comments Tulip Reading Challenge
duration: 5/5/18 – 5/6/18
completed: 1/5

T Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
U
L
I
P Private India by James Patterson

message 21: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Joy and Anna!

Your challenge post is updated HERE

message 22: by Annie (last edited May 21, 2018 03:22PM) (new)

Annie K. descriptiondescription

Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: May 15, 2018 - August 15, 2018
Completed: 0/5

T
U
L
I
P

Option 2: Find That Color
Completed: 1/5
White -
Yellow -
Pink -
Red -
Purple - The Crown by Kiera Cass
Orange -

Completed: 0/5

Red tulips: are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love.

Yellow tulips: are often associated with happiness, cheerfulness and hope: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character

White tulips : usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences" :Read a book in which a character attends a funeral

Orange tulips symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.

message 23: by Kaitlyn (last edited May 21, 2018 03:48PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitie813) | 8 comments Going for the Yellow Tulip Level

Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: May 17, 2018 - June 17, 2018
Completed: 2/11

T
U
L
I Inferno by Dan Brown
P

Option 2: Find That Colour
White
Yellow
Pink
Red
Purple Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) by James Patterson Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
Orange

message 24: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Annie & Kaitlyn!

Your challenge posts are updated HERE

message 25: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 2127 comments Option 1: Spell- it -out.

T - The Murder on the Links (Read May 24)
U - Unfathomed(Read May 14)
L – Eve Langlais author of Accidental Abduction (Read May 10)
I - Isla (character) from Taming Ryock (Read May 21)
P - Paige Tyler author of Her Perfect Mate(Read May 21)

White - The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur (Read May 13)
Yellow - Just the Way You Are (Lost Hearts, #1) by Christina Dodd (Read May 13)
Pink - The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1) by Kristen Painter (Read May 31)
Red - Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (Read May 6)
Purple – Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho (Read May 12)
Orange - At Star's End (The Phoenix Adventures, #1) by Anna Hackett (Read May 4)

Red tulips: are often associated with true love: Read a book where a character falls in love. On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3) by Anna Hackett (Read May 3)

Purple tulips : are often associated with royalty: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess The King's Spinster Bride, (Royal Wedding, #1) by Ruby Dixon (Read May 18)

Mr. Purr-fect and the Geek (Gone Geek, #2) by Sidney Bristol (Read May 2) The heroine is Obnoxiously cheerful and happy, and bubbly.

White tulips : usually mean "I'm sorry" or given as a token of "my condolences" :Read a book in which a character attends a funeral Kalns starp mums by Charles Martin (Read May 15) The pilot dies and the hero organizes him a makeshift funeral

Among Galactic Ruins (The Phoenix Adventures, #0.5) by Anna Hackett (Read May 14) The heroes are lucky to survive robbery, sandstorm, cyborg attack, giant sand snake, earthquake...

Orange tulips symbolize energy, enthusiasm, desire and passion: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text. Forgotten & Remembered The Duke's Late Wife (Love's Second Chance, #1) by Bree Wolf (Read May 9) „Had it merely been a passion sparked in the moment?” (66.5%)

message 26: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 2127 comments Yay! I made it! :) Thank you for the challenge! :)

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments I was short by 2 😭

2018 Tulip Reading Challenge

Start Date: 01/05/2018
End Date: 31/05/2018

16/18 completed

✓ T: Need Me by Tessa Bailey (05/05) ★★★★
✓ U: Seducing the Playboy by Amanda Usen (24/05) ★★★
✓ L: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely (06/05) ★★★★
✓ I: In Kelly's Corner by Roxie Rivera (22/05) ★★★
✓ P: The Marriage Arrangement by Jennifer Probst (01/05) ★★★
✓ S: Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen (01/05) ★★★

Need Me (Broke and Beautiful, #2) by Tessa Bailey Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2) by Amanda Usen Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely In Kelly's Corner (Fighting Connollys, #1) by Roxie Rivera The Marriage Arrangement (Marriage to a Billionaire #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #80) by Jennifer Probst Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers #1) by Sarina Bowen

1. White:
✓ Yellow: Runaway Groom by Lauren Layne (10/05) ★★★★★
✓ Pink: Dear Jane by Marissa Clarke (19/05) ★★★
✓ Red: One Night of Sin by Elle Kennedy (12/05) ★★★
✓ Purple: Summer's Desire by Kathleen Ball (19/05) ★★
6. Orange:

1 Runaway Groom (I Do, I Don't, #2) by Lauren Layne Dear Jane (Animal Attraction, #1) by Marissa Clarke One Night of Sin (After Hours, #1) by Elle Kennedy Summer's Desire (Cowboy Seasons, #1) by Kathleen Ball 6

🌷 Make Me by Tessa Bailey (05/05) ★★★★ - female and male MC fall in love with each other.

🌷 The King's Innocent Bride by Alexa Riley (31/05) ★★

🌷Diamonds and Dirt Roads by Erin Nicholas (03/05) ★★★★ - female MC is a happy, cheerful character.

🌷Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh (08/05) ★★★★ - female MC attends the funeral of her brother and sister.

🌷 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (17/05) ★★★★

🌷 After Hours by Lynda Aicher (04/05) ★★★
" Passion overrode logic along with..." Loc 113

Make Me (Broke and Beautiful, #3) by Tessa Bailey The King's Innocent Bride (Royal Wedding, #3) by Alexa Riley Diamonds and Dirt Roads (Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #1) by Erin Nicholas Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling After Hours (The Boardroom, #1) by Lynda Aicher

message 28: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Congratulations Maddy & Nicole!

message 29: by LaurLa (last edited Jun 15, 2019 11:54AM) (new)

LaurLa | 2055 comments Tulip Reading Challenge
May 2019

My Tulip Reading Challenge (msg 29)

Option 1 - TULIP spell-out

Treachery in Death (In Death, #32) by J.D. Robb The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops, #3) by Kaylea Cross In the Boss's Bed by J. Margot Critch Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance, #2) by Peggy L. Henderson
✔🔹 T ~ Treachery in Death ~ J.D. Robb ~ 05.15 ★★★★
✔🔹 U ~ The Unidentified Redhead ~ Alice Clayton ~ 05.30 ★★★★
✔🔹 L ~ Lethal Pursuit ~ Kaylea Cross ~ 05.26 ★★★★
✔🔹 I ~ In the Boss's Bed ~ J. Margot Critch ~ 05.29 ★★★★
✔🔹 P ~ Peggy L. Henderson ~ Yellowstone Redemption ~ 05.09 ★★★

Option 2 - TULIP cover colors

Nauti Seductress (Nauti, #8; Nauti Girls, #4) by Lora Leigh Brighter Than the Sun (Charley Davidson, #8.5) by Darynda Jones A Bad Day for Romance (Bad Day, #5) by Sophie Littlefield The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3) by Jill Shalvis The Foxe & the Hound by R.S. Grey
✔🔹 White ~ Nauti Seductress ~ Lora Leigh ~ 05.02 ★★★★
✔🔹 Yellow ~ Brighter Than the Sun ~ Darynda Jones ~ 05.04 ★★★★
✔🔹 Pink ~ A Bad Day for Romance ~ Sophia Litttlefield ~ 05.19 ★★★
✔🔹 Red ~ The Other Daughter ~ Lisa Gardner ~ 05.12 ★★★
✔🔹 Purple ~ Accidentally on Purpose ~ Jill Shalvis ~ 05.16 ★★★★
✔🔹 Orange ~ The Foxe & the Hound ~ R.S. Grey ~ 05.17 ★★★★

message 30: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome LaurLa!

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 263 comments Option 3: Color Significance

message 32: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Jess

message 33: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2055 comments Finished! I do love tulips!!!
Original post: My Tulip Reading Challenge (msg 29)

message 34: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

They are so pretty! Congratulations LaurLa!

message 35: by Cinthia (last edited Jun 30, 2020 09:50PM) (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 271 comments Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: May 1 - May 31 Jun 30
description

T The Long Earth
U Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu 5/30
L Coming Up for Air Levi 5/8
I Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews 5/7
P A Hunger Like No Other Phenix 5/6

White
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones 5/1
Yellow
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde 6/8
Pink
Some Enchanted Eclair (A Magical Bakery Mystery #4) by Bailey Cates 5/19
Red
Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death by Caitlin Doughty 6/2
Purple
Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec 5/5
Orange
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren 6/28

Purple tulips: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess
The Society (Ascension, #4) by K.A. Linde 5/3

Yellow tulips: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character
Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor 5/10

White tulips: Read a book in which a character attends a funeral
The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver 5/2

Pink tulips: Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky
Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong 5/4

Orange tulips: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.
Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones 5/9

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 263 comments Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: May 1 - May 31

White
Yellow
Pink
Red
Purple
Orange

Purple tulips: Read a book about a queen, king, prince or princess

Yellow tulips: Read a book with a happy, cheerful character

White tulips: Read a book in which a character attends a funeral

Pink tulips: Read a book in which a character is extremely lucky

Orange tulips: Read a book with the word "passion " found in the text.

message 37: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Jess & Cinthia!

message 38: by Lindsay (last edited May 29, 2020 05:20PM) (new)

Lindsay Michele (lindsaymichelereadsandtells) | 53 comments Nothing But Reading Challenges
Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: 5/1/2020 - 5/31/2020
1/5
In Order to Live A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park
1. T -
2. U -
3. L -
4. I - In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom 5/14/20
5. P -

Option 2: Find that Color! 0/6
From Alaska With Love by Ally James Jericho by Ginger Jamison Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) by Tessa Dare Sex, Romance and Indiscretion by Sean Develin No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks
1. White: From Alaska With Love 5/21/20
2. Yellow: Jericho 5/18/20
3. Pink:
4. Red: Romancing the Duke 5/12/20
5. Purple: Sex, Romance and Indiscretion 5/26/20
6. Orange: No Place to Run 5/29/20

Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark, #3) by Pepper Winters The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks Je Suis à Toi (Monsters in the Dark, #3.5) by Pepper Winters
2/6
Twisted Together 5/3/20

The Darkest Hour 5/10/20

Je Suis à Toi 5/4/20
"However, his green eyes burned with a different type of passion this morning." (page 15)

message 39: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Lindsay!

message 40: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1131 comments Nothing But Reading Challenges
May: Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration:
5/1/2020 - 5/31/2020

Progress: 2 out of 17

T
U
L
I
P

White:
Yellow:
Pink:
Red: Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - **** - 5/1/2020 - 385 Pages
Purple:
Orange: Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath - ***** - 5/3/2020 - 292 Pages

Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Whiskey Sour (Jack Daniels Mystery, #1) by J.A. Konrath

(*)Spell-it-Out Rules

message 41: by Nora (last edited May 12, 2020 11:16AM) (new)

Nora Briggs (abriggman) Nothing But Reading Challenges
Tulip Reading Challenge
Duration: 5/1/2020 - 5/31/2020
0/5
1. T -Tomie's Mother Goose Flies Again-5/8
2. U -Unicorn Day-5/12
3. L -
4. I -
5. P -

message 42: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Suzanne & Anjanette!