Start by marking “My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding

My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding

(The Dresden Files #7.5 - Something Borrowed)

Werewolves, vampires, witches, voodoo, Elvis---and weddings

An "ordinary" wedding can get crazy enough, so can you imagine what happens when otherworldly creatures are involved? Nine of the hottest authors of paranormal fiction answer that question in this delightful collection of supernatural wedding stories. What's the seating plan when rival clans of werewolves and vampi
Published October 3rd 2006 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding

Start your review of My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
Exina
I've read only A Hard Day's Night Searcher by Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You can't go through life alone.
Trust me on this one. It's lonely as hell.”

Short and satisfying.

Celena, a Squire, who lives for the rules, is in constant worry for the ones under her care, and does everything to ensure their safety. It is especially true for Rafael, for whom she has been longing secretly for years.

Rafael Santiago, an ex-pirate, now Dark-Hunter is fascinated by Celena’s fierce beauty, and strict protective
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a great anthology. I enjoyed each story, and I breezed right through it.

My thoughts of each story:

Spellbound by LA Banks. This was a fun story about two star-crossed lovers who happen to be part of voodoo/root-practitioner families who hate each other. The Hatfields versus the McCoys, except they are Black. I laughed a lot, and some of the characters reminded me of some family members on both sides (minus the voodoo-practicing part). Both the hero and the heroine were virgins. This is
Wanda
Read to fill the “Supernatural” square of my 2017 Halloween Bingo card.

A collection of short fiction—these are almost always a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed all but one of the stories and my favourites were “Tacky” by Charlaine Harris and “Dead Man’s Chest” by Rachel Caine. Not surprising, as I am familiar with both authors.

There are lots of vampires and werewolves of course, but I loved the cursed pirate ship in Rachel Caine’s story and the spookily good Elvis impersonator in P.N. Elrod’s “All Sh
Cathy
Generally I prefer anthologies with fewer authors and longer stories. I only got this so I could read the Dresden story by Jim Butcher. I read a few others by authors I like and only flipped through the rest.

Jim Butcher's story was very good. He does a good job of introducing all of the elements in the series as a natural part of the story, so it's a strong stand-alone story for people who haven't read any of the series. And if this was my introduction to the series, I'd be ordering the first b
Rebecca McNutt
At first I wasn't sure what exactly this was. I knew it had supernatural elements, but was it romance, horror or comedy? Well, it turns out that My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding is kind of a mix of all three, and each of its featured short stories are full of imaginative, creepy beings, from vampires to werewolves. Definitely a great book, although not one of my absolute favourites.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
2 Stars:
I have read books from most of the authors in this book and loved the books they wrote. I found this book to be entertaining. However, It was hard to get through. It seems that the stories were just thrown together to piece together a book.

I didn’t like the book. However, the characters were borderline from unlikable to a few exceptions the plot was a bit poor. The writing was poor at worst and bad at best. I developed some interest in the book but not enough to sustain me. If part of a
Jilly
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I only read the Harry Dresden short story about Billy and Georgia's wedding. It was funny, and hectic, of course!

Georgia is replaced by a Fae in glamour, and nobody, including Billy knows that. Harry figures it out and is trying to find the real Georgia before the wedding takes place.

"What happens to him if he marries a faerie?"

"Conservatives get real upset," I said absently. "But, I'm not sure, magically speaking..."

so i married an ax murderer photo: So I Married an Axe Murderer soimarriedanaxemurderer1993.jpg
Faerie, ax murderer - different methods, same results!
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Since Urban Fantasy is my favorite series, it's impossible for me not to be drawn into a themed anthology featuring some characters I already follow and some characters I haven't met yet. The stories are mainly cozy, quaint, and humorous, but there is a serious shadow in a few of them. The cover is adorable with the cake and decorations befitting the genre - and of course with this kind of mixture you can expect all sorts of supernatural beings (vamps, shapeshifters, demons, witches, the undead. ...more
Julianna
Jul 18, 2011 is currently reading it
Reviewed for THC Reviews
When reading anthologies, I usually pick up one novella here and there to fill in gaps between longer books and rarely read them straight through. With that being the case, I've decided to post reviews of each story as I finish it. Reviews on the remaining novellas and the overall book rating will be forthcoming.:-)
*newest review for this anthology

Spellbound by L. A. Banks - Spellbound was an interesting romantic novella that wasn’t quite like anything I’ve read befor
Rebecca
Aug 28, 2008 rated it did not like it
I didn't love it. In fact it took me a month to read it. I'd flip through the stories, read one, skip the next...I eventually read all of them. I didn't like the L.A. Banks story at all, but then again, I hated "Minion." If I tried to write as "ethnic" as she does, my review would say, "Oh vey! The schmaltz in that story made me messhugana! So much mishigas for a little shtup!" Enough already. I liked the Charlaine Harris story, that was worth reading. Overall, phooey on this collection. I've re ...more
William
I picked this anthology up because of the True Blood and Jim Butcher story. The Butcher story added to the Harry stories. The True Blood expanded the Sookie world but it was not a story about her. It was about other vampires and werewolves in her world. Most of the shorts were well written and if were a fan of the books they are a part of I might have taken more interest in them. These stories were clearly written for someone who already reads the series they are take from.
Daiva
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Review of Charlaine Harris - "Tacky" story ONLY.
Leah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
H.A. Fowler
This book was like a gift from the fiction gods for me, containing stories from almost every one of my current favorite paranormal and dark fantasy writers. All the stories were degrees of good or great, but the best surprise was from my old fandom friend Rachel Caine (Roxanne Conrad), a twisty-fun pirate romp called "Dead Man's Chest", an awesome homage to the Pirates of the Caribbean and how much we all want to jump Captain Jack Sparrow no matter what we say in public. *G*

Well worth the cost o
DAISY DISNEY
Like most anthologies some of the stories in this collection were better than otherst. It might have just been be but I felt lost with "A Hard Day's Night Searcher". I felt that because I hadn’t read any of the Dark Hunter books I was lost on the 2 species involved in the story.

I did enjoy some of the stories, mostly the ones that made me laugh. My favorites were:
1. Spellbound

Miss Kim
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter lovers
Sherrilyn Kenyon "A Hard Day's Night-Searcher" - Dark-Hunter

This is a romantic short story about Raphel, the dark-hunter and his love for a squire. It's short and sweet, with a brief appearance by Acheron.
Books
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2017
SPELLBOUND by L. A. Banks

(2.5 stars)

If you’re a fan of erotica, you’ll enjoy the first half of this story. I didn’t, because I’m not a fan. But the rest of it was okay. I haven’t read any of this author’s books before, and I don’t think I will.

SOMETHING BORROWED by Jim Butcher

(4.5 stars)

I enjoyed this short story immensely. I’m a huge fan of Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files, so it was great spending a few pages with Harry, Bob and Murphy. This quirky short is hilarious, action-packed and massively en
Jess
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the stories, for the most part, but some were poorly written and constructed. Trudging through those felt more like work than recreation. Jim Butcher and Charlaine Harris rarely disappoint; those were the best 2 wedding stories, set in the worlds of Harry Dresden and Sookie Stackhouse, respectively.
Katie
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked most of the stories.
Shreyas
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Something Borrowed (The Dresden Files #7.1) by Jim Butcher
★★★★/5.
Andrea Wright
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got this to read the short story by Jim Butcher and loved it! Have to return the book to the library before I get the rest read so I can't give a better star rating till that happens.
Rhianna
Feb 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Gives a whole new meaning to 'wedded bliss'...

When a simple, traditional wedding just won't do, you get together several popular paranormal fantasy authors and bam! You get a wedding worth remembering.

[SPELLBOUND:] by L.A. Banks is a lively tale of two families notorious in their feud and moreso for their voodoo. When the son of one and the daughter of the other fall in love they risk an all-out war of magics between their aunts and uncles just to get married. With her usual attention to cultur
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Jul 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Adriana
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I can't believe I'm writing this but I really liked this anthology. I usually find them tiring and repetitive, but this collection is excellent. The stories are varied enough that I felt it necessary to comment on them individually.

L.A.Banks Spellbound - Banks is a great writer and it’s no surprise that she manages to make a story that ,though a bit weak when it comes to action, keeps the story moving at a great pace and adds some dashes of fun.
Jim Butcher Something Borrowed - Butcher can alway
Steven Peterson
Oct 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
This edited work is a lot of fun. We see nine short stories spread over 300 pages. The focus? Weddings and the supernatural. As with all such volumes, some works are more compelling than others. But, for the most part, each story works pretty well.

The book opens with a reimagining of the McCoy versus Hatfield feud, with spells meant to keep one from socializing with the other. Here, we see a young McCoy in love with a young Hatfield--risking the damage of a terrible spell. The essay shows how th
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Anna
Feb 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Spellbound by L. A. Banks: Didn't like it or finish it. 1/5

Something Borrowed by Jim Butcher: It had its funny moments, but I didn't love it. 3/5

Dead Man's Chest by Rachel Caine: This story was my favorite out of the lot. I usually don't really like Caine's stories. I thought it was funny and interesting. 5/5

All Shook Up by P. N. Elrod: It was okay, but I didn't love it. All about Elvis~ 3/5

The Wedding of Wylda Serene by Ester M. Friesner: Didn't like it; didn't finish it. 1/5

Charmed by the Moon
M
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Charmed by the Moon
This is a novella about Will and Jessie from Blue Moon. They find something disturbing and go in search of answers before their wedding. Will they discover everything they thought was true has been a lie? I really enjoyed this quick glimpse into their future.
⭐️⭐️⭐️ A Hard Day's Night Searcher
This was a good story but it wasn’t long enough. I felt like things progressed a little to fast and we missed a lot of them getting to know each other. Rafael is a Dark-Hunter, an
Megan
Feb 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
“A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher” by Sherrilyn Kenyon is number 10.5A in her Dark-Hunter series (meaning that it comes in between “Dark Side of the Moon” and “The Dream Hunter,” and before the novella “Until Death do We Part,” which is 10.5B, and also before “Fear the Darkness,” which is 10.5C).

I only read Ms. Kenyon's short story (so far). I will probably go back and read Charlaine Harris' story, but it doesn't involve Sookie, so I will read that at a latter time. Ms. Kenyon's short story gets 4 s
Mandy
Apr 23, 2009 added it
Shelves: fantasy
I only read the Harry Dresden story so I feel it's a bit unfair to rate the whole book. As I got the book through interlibrary loan, I don't know if I'll have a chance to read the other stories or not. If I do, I may add more to the review.

As for the Dresden story, it totally explains that comment Murphy makes in Small Favor after giving Harry CPR. I like that Butcher references his short stories in the novel and vice versa, but it can make things really odd if you haven't read them in order.

It
The Lost Challenges: 10.1 A Hard Day's Night Searcher 2 10 Jun 01, 2013 09:07AM

• Many Bloody Returns
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Vignette (The Dresden Files, #5.5)
  • Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3)
  • Restoration of Faith (The Dresden Files, #0.1)
  • Backup (The Dresden Files, #10.4)
  • Mean Streets
  • Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron
  • Love Hurts (The Dresden Files, #11.5)
  • Naked City
  • Wolfsbane and Mistletoe
  • Straight Outta Tombstone
  • Shadowed Souls
  • Mike (The Dresden Files #9.5)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.6; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse #9.2)
  • Working for Bigfoot (The Dresden Files, #15.5)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia

The Dresden Files (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)
  • Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)
  • Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4)
  • Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)
  • Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10)

News & Interviews

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.” 300 likes
“If one cannot learn from the mistakes of others, one might as well become a Democrat.” 59 likes