Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Challenge/Read-a-Thon > August 2014 Challenge - It's Gettin' Hot in Here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments

It's Gettin' Hot in Here!
Duration: August 1st - August 31st, 2014

We're in the middle of summer, and I don't know about where you are, but it's getting hot at my house!
What better way to beat the heat than with a book lounging in the A/C or by the pool with a tasty frozen drink?

Challenge Rules
→ When you sign up for the challenge, please post some kind of a place saver so that I can link you up under the participants.

→ For each book you read, please indicate the title and the date you finished reading it. Also, when the task gives more than one option to choose from, please make it clear which option you’ve chosen. If the task requires a specific cover, include the book cover.

→ You may only use each book for one task in this challenge, but feel free to use the same titles in other challenges!

→ When you complete the challenge, please post your entire, completed list as a new message to make it easier for everyone to see what you've read, and to have your name marked as "completed".

→ If you decide that you've bitten off more than you can chew, feel free to let me know you'd like to downgrade, or even back out of the challenge. However, please do not delete post. It will mess up the links to other participants' postings if you do.

Difficulty Levels:
Easy – Pick any 2
Medium – Pick any 4
Hard – Pick any 6
Read-a-holic – Read all 8!

Tasks:
1. Things are heating up! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title, such as fire, burn, heat, summer, scorch, or any other word you associate with being hot.

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (exclucluding a, an, or the).

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials).

5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8.

6. Do you take books with you whenyou lounde by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach.

7. It's time to start cooling off. Now, read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like ice, water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool.

8. Summer will be coming to an end soon! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white.

And above all else, remember to stay cool!

message 2: by Krysta (last edited Aug 31, 2014 03:27PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments
In Alphabetical Order

In Progress:
Beenee - Read-a-holic
Jannelle - Undecided
Jenny - Undecided
Krysta - Medium
Lady S - Read-a-holic
★Rachael★ - Read-a-holic
Shannon - Hard
Sierra - Hard
Suzanne - Read-a-holic
Tullia - Hard
Vannessa - Read-a-holic

Finished
Amy finished the Read-a-holic level!
Grace finised the Read-a-holic level!
Jonel finished the Read-a-holic level!
Kristal finished the Read-a-holic level!
Michael finished the Read-a-holic level!
Leona finished the Read-a-holic level!
Priscilla finished the Hard level!
Rachel finished the Hard level!
Renee finished the Read-a-holic level!

message 3: by Krysta (last edited Aug 24, 2014 05:40PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments It's Gettin' Hot in Here!

0/4 Finished

Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title.

Hot Six

Read a hot and steamy novel.
Ember X

Read a book published in August.
Serenity Published on August 30th, 2005

Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue.
Crossed

Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet EvanovichEmber X (Death Collectors, #1) by Jessica SorensenSerenity by Keith R.A. DeCandidoCrossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie

Dropped Out

message 4: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Jul 30, 2014 02:04PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I'll have a go too :-) Will be back with books later!

Book cover color at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.

Book with HOT word in title.

Book with "Steamy" hot in title.

Book with author initials

Book published August

Book to take to the beach.

Cooling off book

Book cover color at least 50% blue, purple, or white.

message 5: by Lady S (new)

Lady S QUESTION:

Do we pick the level first do we just say which category each book read falls into as we go?

message 6: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Lady S wrote: "QUESTION:

Do we pick the level first do we just say which category each book read falls into as we go?"

It would be a better challenge if you pick the level first and then choose that many tasks, however if you finish early and want to go to a more difficult level, that's a-ok!

message 7: by Lady S (new)

Lady S Thank you Krysta

message 8: by Lady S (last edited Jul 27, 2014 04:32PM) (new)

Lady S The level I pick is READ-A-HOLIC and the first task will be #1: cover of book mostly orange

Fireborn Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur by Keri Arthur

message 9: by Jannelle (new)

Jannelle (jannellereads) | 64 comments I would like to join this challenge and am also undecided but will update as I read. :)

message 10: by Grace (last edited Aug 10, 2014 03:06AM) (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments I'm in not sure on the level hoping for at least hard, readaholic if I can fit in the other 2.

8/8

1. Things are heating up! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.

Lair of the Lion by Christine Feehan 1st August 2014

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title, such as fire, burn, heat, summer, scorch, or any other word you associate with being hot.
Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1) by Laura Baumbach 10th August 2014

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (exclucluding a, an, or the).
Lead (Stage Dive, #3) by Kylie Scott 1st August 2014

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials).
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) by Tere Michaels 3rd August 2014
5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8.
Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2) by R.L. Mathewson published 27th August 2011 read 2nd August 2014

6. Do you take books with you when you lounge by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach.
Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton 4th August 2014

7. It's time to start cooling off. Now, read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like ice, water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool.

Stealing the Wind (Mermen of Ea #1) by Shira Anthony 8th August 2014

8. Summer will be coming to an end soon! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white.
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews 4th August 2014

message 11: by Leona (new)

Leona (leonareadsalot) I'm in... info coming soon!

message 12: by Vannessa (last edited Aug 30, 2014 09:32AM) (new)

Vannessa | 175 comments I'm going for all 8 this month!

1. Things are heating up! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow. Blood Cross FINISHED August 19th Sucking at this challenge so far this month!

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title, such as fire, burn, heat, summer, scorch, or any other word you associate with being hot. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble FINISHED August 22nd

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (excluding a, an, or the).Dark Side of the Moon FINISHED August 23rd

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials). Succubus on Top FINISHED August 27th

5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8. Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1) by Cameron Jace (Paperback version published August 2013)

6. Do you take books with you when you lounge by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach. Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

7. It's time to start cooling off. Now, read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like ice, water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool. Fire and Ice A Paranormal Romance by Cindy Adkins

8. Summer will be coming to an end soon! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white. Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5) by Stacia Kane

READ 4/8
Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory Dark Side of the Moon (Were-Hunter #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 13: by Jonel (last edited Aug 27, 2014 09:35PM) (new)

Jonel description

It's Gettin' Hot in Here!

Goal: Read-a-holic – Read all 8!
Completed: 8/8

Tasks:

1. Things are heating up! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow ~ The Promise by Robyn Carr

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title, such as fire, burn, heat, summer, scorch, or any other word you associate with being hot. Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (exclucluding a, an, or the) ~ More Than a Cowboy by Cathy McDavid

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials) ~ Sworn To Defiance by Terah Edun

5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8. ~ Sandpiper Island by Donna Kauffman

6. Do you take books with you when you lounge by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach ~ My Highland Spy by Victoria Roberts

7. It's time to start cooling off. Now, read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like ice, water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool. ~ Sweetwater by Lisa Henry

8. Summer will be coming to an end soon! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white ~ The Marriage Pact by Linda Lael Miller

message 14: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Everyone's been linked up!!

P.S.
Jonel, nice GIF!

message 15: by Jonel (new)

Jonel Krysta wrote: "Everyone's been linked up!!

P.S.
Jonel, nice GIF!"

Thanks!

message 16: by Amy (last edited Aug 28, 2014 06:52AM) (new)

Amy | 1 comments Goal: Read-a-holic – Read all 8! Completed: 8/8

1. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% yellow, orange, red.
Fireborn COMPLETED 08/24/14

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title ...
Slow Burn: Zero Day COMPLETED 08/04/14

3. 4 - Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel)
Into the Darkness COMPLETED 08/06/1

Releasing the Dragon COMPLETED 08/13/14

5. Read a book published in August -- Published August 2nd 2010 by Scholastic
The Forbidden Sea COMPLETED 08/17/14

6. Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach.
The Selection COMPLETED 08/08/14

7. Read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like ice, water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown COMPLETED 08/22/14

8. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% purple.
Ghost Shadow COMPLETED 08/03/14

Completed Books!
Slow Burn Zero Day (Slow Burn, #1) by Bobby Adair The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1) by K.F. Breene Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham Releasing the Dragon (Myths and Legends #1) by Stacie Simpson The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur

message 17: by Beenee (last edited Aug 20, 2014 05:03PM) (new)

Beenee Reads (beaniehos) | 39 comments I will try for Read-A-Holic!
COMPLETED!!!

1. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow. Cast In Courtlight (Chronicles of Elantra #2) by Michelle Sagara Aug. 3

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title Smokin' Hot (Firefighters of Lanville, TX, #1) by Lynn LaFleur Aug. 3

3. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) Hot Mama (Bigtime, #2) by Jennifer Estep Aug. 4

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST Breathing His Air (Bantorus MC, #1) by Debra Kayn Aug. 3

5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8. Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3) by Dara Joy Aug, 15

6. Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach. My Wicked Vampire (Castle of Dark Dreams, #4) by Nina Bangs Aug.9

7. Read a book that has anything that you associate with being cool. Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1) by Tes Hilaire Aug. 17

8. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white. Shadows On The Soul (The Guardians of the Night, #3) by Jenna Black Aug. 6

message 18: by Beenee (new)

Beenee Reads (beaniehos) | 39 comments I do have a question about the "Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials)."
Does that mean I can read a book by Gena Showalter and be okay? Or am I misinterpreting?

message 19: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Sounds about right to me. :)

message 20: by Priscilla (last edited Aug 27, 2014 10:25AM) (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments I'm in! Hard (6/6) FINISHED

1. cover's color is at least 50% red
Watchers in the Night (The Guardians of the Night, #1)by Jenna Black (08/03/2014)

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title
DemonFire (DemonSlayers #1)by Kate Douglas (08/19/2014)

3. Read a book that starts with H, O, or T.
House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)by Chloe Neill (08/17/20174)

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in AUGUST
Wings of Redemption (Return to Sanctuary 0.5)by Sarah Purdy Gilman (08/10/2014)

5. Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8.
Lucky Charm (Lucky Trilogy #1)by Carly Phillips: published 2008 (08/26/2014)

8. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple.
Shadow Walker (Stormwalker #3)by Allyson James (08/27/2014)

Watchers in the Night (The Guardians of the Night, #1) by Jenna Black DemonFire (DemonSlayers, #1) by Kate Douglas House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7) by Chloe Neill Wings of Redemption (Return to Sanctuary, #0.5) by Sarah Purdy Gilman Lucky Charm (Lucky Trilogy, #1) by Carly Phillips Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3) by Allyson James

message 21: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Beenee wrote: "I do have a question about the "Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials)."
Does that mean I can r..."

Yes! You get to use both worse as long as they have both initials.

message 22: by Leona (last edited Aug 19, 2014 06:36PM) (new)

Leona (leonareadsalot) Read-a-holic Level
**Books Completed: 6/8**

1. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.

-Rise of the Female Alpha (Jasmine White)
Rise Of The Female Alpha
Finished: August 18, 2014

2.Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (exclucluding a, an, or the)

-All That He Desires (Olivia Thorne)
All That He Desires (The Billionaire's Seduction, #2) by Olivia Thorne
Finished:August 10, 2014

3.Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the word SUMMERTIME and AUGUST.

-Incandescent (River Savage)
Incandescent (Knights Rebels MC, #1) by River Savage
Finished:August 16, 2014

4. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white.

-Affliction (Laurell K. Hamilton)
Affliction (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #22) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Finished: August 17, 2014

5. Read a book published in August or read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8.

-Ball of Furry (Celia Kyle)
Published: August 14, 2012

Ball Of Furry (Ridgeville, #2) by Celia Kyle

6. Read a book that has a "cool" word in the title like water, snow, or anything that you associate with being cool.

-Comanche Moon (Catherine Andersen)
Comanche Moon (Comanche, #1) by Catherine Anderson
Finished: August 5, 2014

7. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title, such as fire, burn, summer, scorch, or any other word you associate with being hot.

-Red and Wolfe (Ella James)
Red & Wolfe, Part I

Read a book you would take with you to the pool or beach.

-Leashed by A Wolf (Cherie Nicholls)
Leashed by a Wolf
Finished: August 19, 2014

message 23: by Sierra (last edited Aug 07, 2014 07:43PM) (new)

Sierra (slowpokereads) I will try this challenge!

Hard for now.
0/6

1. Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.

2. Read a book that has a "hot" word in the title.

3.Read a book that starts with H, O, or T.

4. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8.
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (published in 2008)

5.Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach.
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

6. Book cover color at least 50% purple.
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
(the actual edition I have is like 70% purple.)

message 24: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments You're all linked up!!

message 25: by Krysta (last edited Aug 01, 2014 06:53PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Remember, you can start reading your books for the challenge today!

message 26: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 28, 2014 11:39AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 105 comments Paranormal Addicts & Newbies
August 2014 Challenge - It's Gettin' Hot in Here!
Duration:
8/1/2014 - 8/31/2014

Progress: 8 out of 8

Tasks:

1. Things are heating up! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% red, orange, or yellow:
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - ***** - 8/7/2014

Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs - ***** - 8/27/2014

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (exclucluding a, an, or the):
Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl - ***** - 8/5/2014 - Steamy Romance

4. Read a book in which the first and last initials of the author are contained in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST (exclude middle initials):
Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler - ***** - 8/2/2014 - A & T in AUGUST

5. Read a book published in August -OR- Read a book that was published in a year that contains the number 8:
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan - ***** - 8/28/2014 - Published 1989

6. Do you take books with you when you lounge by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach:
Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher - ***** - 8/4/2014

Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - ***** - 8/26/2014

8. Summer will be coming to an end soon! Read a book in which the cover's color is at least 50% blue, purple, or white:
The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe - **** - 8/10/2014 - White Cover

Self-Inflicted Wounds Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files #8) by Jim Butcher Fanning the Flames (Jackson Girls' Night Out, #0.5) by Victoria Dahl Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan Summer at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 27: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Aug 28, 2014 11:11AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) It's Gettin' Hot in Here!
Difficulty Level -- Read-a-holic – Read all 8!

1. Things are heating up! Under the Final Moon ---- Hannah Jayne
2. A "hot" word in the title! shadows before the SUN ---- Kelly Gay
3. "hot" ---- The Undead Pool ---- Kim Harrison
4. SUMMERTIME ---- Shannon Mayer ---- Raising Innocence
5. August ---- Beautiful Ashes ---- Jeaniene Frost
6. Pool or beach ---- Blade song ---- J.C. Daniels
7. "Cool" word in the title ---- Shadowed Threads ---- Shannon Mayer
8. Cover's colour blue ---- A Discovery of Witches ---- Deborah Harkness

8/8
Blade Song (Colbana Files #1) by J.C. Daniels A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3) by Shannon Mayer Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan #4) by Kelly Gay Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency, #6) by Hannah Jayne Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4) by Shannon Mayer The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12) by Kim Harrison The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 28: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments ★Rachael★ ... I hate to be a stickler...but for the 4th challenge, the authors first and last initials have to be in the words Summertime and/or August. Unfortunately, C is not in either of those words.

message 29: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments Done :)

message 30: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Way to go Grace! That's impressive!

message 31: by Renee (last edited Aug 30, 2014 04:42PM) (new)

Renee Rearden (reneerearden) | 43 comments August 2014 Challenge - It's Gettin' Hot in Here!

Read-a-holic
Completed 8 of 8

1. Book cover's at least 50% red, orange, or yellow.
Tainted Julie Kenner 8-13-14

2. Book with "hot" word in title: fire, burn, heat, summer, scorch, etc.
The Vampire From Hell Ally Thomas 8-29-14

3. Book title spelled with H, O or T.
Tethered Tasha Van Der Hyde 8-28-14

4. Book with author’s first and last initials in the words SUMMERTIME and/or AUGUST.
The Faerie Guardian Rachel Morgan 8-20-14

5. Book published in August OR book published in a year containing the number 8.
Opposition Jennifer L. Armentrout 8-19-14

6. Book for beach or pool side read.
For Now Janae Mitchell 8-16-14

7. Book with "cool" word in title: ice, water, snow, etc.
His Touch of Ice by Kody Boye 8-10-14

8. Book cover's color at least 50% blue, purple, or white.
River's Recruit Charlotte Abel 8-12-14

Tainted (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #1) by Julie Kenner The Vampire from Hell The Beginning (The Vampire from Hell, #1) by Ally Thomas Tethered (The Avenlore Series, #1) by Tasha Van Der Hyde The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by Rachel Morgan Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout For Now by Janae Mitchell His Touch of Ice by Kody Boye River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1) by Charlotte Abel

message 32: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments You've been added Renee!

message 33: by Kristal (last edited Aug 20, 2014 06:19AM) (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Face of the MaidenThis is my first challenge so I hope I'm doing this right??

It’s Getting’ Hot in Here!
Duration: August 1st, 2014 – August 31st, 2014
Goad Read-a-holic----Read all 8
Completed: 8/8 "COMPLETED"

Tasks:

The Last White Knight By Tami Hoag
Read August 6, 2014
Red

A Hidden Fire
Read August 17, 2014

3. Let's take this "hot" word in a different sense. Read a hot and steamy novel (IE A steamy romance novel) -OR Read a book that starts with H, O, or T (excluding a, an, or the).’

Executive MistressBy George Sherman Hudson
Read August 12, 2014
Steamy romance

Finding Kate Huntley By Theresa Ragan
Read August 1, 2014
Initials in Summertime

Face of the Maiden By Emma Wildes
Read August 15, 2014
Published 2008

6. Do you take books with you when you lounge by the water? Read a book that you would take with you to the pool or beach

Memorizing You By Dan Skinner
Read August 3, 2014

His Touch of IceBy Kody Boyce
Read August 13, 2014

I Am That Bitch 2 By Cinnamon Brown
Read August 11, 2014
Purple

message 34: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Wish I knew to put as link or the book cover. Haven't figured it all out yet.

message 35: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments Kristal wrote: "Wish I knew to put as link or the book cover. Haven't figured it all out yet."

Above the comment box it says add book/author. It gives you a pop up search window. Search for the title you want, adding the author's first name or surname can help bring up the right one if it is a common title. Select link for the title in words and cover for the cover and click add beside the correct book.

I am not the best at explaining things so I hope I haven't confused you more than I have helped.

message 36: by Krysta (last edited Aug 11, 2014 04:44PM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Kristal wrote: "This is my first challenge so I hope I'm doing this right??"

Kristal, the books you've posted you read before August.
The point of the challenge is to read those books during the month of August.
So unfortunately, the books you have chosen are not elligible unless you re-read them all.

message 37: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Sorry sweetie I try again...

message 38: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Kristal wrote: "Sorry sweetie I try again..."

No big deal! Everybody has a first challenge!

message 39: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Do I delete or do over and paste again??

message 40: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Kristal wrote: "Do I delete or do over and paste again??"

Neither.
You're able to edit anything you post on Goodreads Forums.

If you go back to your list, at the bottom you should see the options:
reply | edit | delete | flag*

Just click on "edit" and the post will go back to the comment box style, and allow you to make changes.

message 41: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Great thanks. :)

message 42: by Rachel Joy (last edited Aug 31, 2014 03:09PM) (new)

Rachel Joy It's Gettin' Hot in Here!
Difficulty Level -- Hard – Read 6

Progress: all done!

1. Book cover's at least 50% red, orange, or yellow: Cruel Beauty 8/22/14

3. Book title spelled with H, O or T: Of Poseidon 8/11/14

5. Book published in a year containing the number 8: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow published 2008 8/14/14

6. Book for beach or pool side read: Of Triton 8/12/14

7. Book with "cool" word in title: The Winter Ghosts 8/13/14

8. Book cover's color at least 50% blue, purple, or white: Of Neptune 8/24/14

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2) by Anna Banks The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3) by Anna Banks

message 43: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments You've been added to the list Rachel!

message 44: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (tennylle76) | 59 comments I'll try hard.

3/6

Read a hot and steamy novel. Tempted By the Pack 8/13

Read a book published in August. Blood Games 8/8

Cover is at least 50% blue, purple, or white. Eversea 8/9

Tempted By the Pack (Blue Moon Brides, #1) by Anne Marsh Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10) by Chloe Neill Eversea (Eversea, #1) by Natasha Boyd

message 45: by Leona (new)

Leona (leonareadsalot) All Done!!!!

message 46: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments downgraded to hard.

message 47: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I'm going to have to drop out.
I haven't even picked up any of the books I listed for my challenge.

I've been far too busy with school and taking over the presidency for my college Deaf/hearing Cocial Club that I just haven't been able to really get in to any of my books.

message 48: by Jonel (new)

Jonel I've got one left that I'm currently listening to on audio book while driving to & from work. Should get it done this week then I'm golden!

message 49: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments I think I finished 27th or 18th this month. Yah. Working on my To Read list.

message 50: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments I meant 17 or 18th.

« previous 1