Start by marking “Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)” as Want to Read:
Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
Read Excerpt

Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires #9)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  7,108 ratings  ·  524 reviews
Since Merit was turned into a vampire, and the protector of Chicago’s Cadogan House, it’s been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan’s vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead…or both.

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic
Published February 4th 2014 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Wild Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Things

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
26th out of 2,652 books — 16,006 voters
Night Broken by Patricia BriggsThe King by J.R. WardUp From the Grave by Jeaniene FrostSixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda JonesBurning Dawn by Gena Showalter
2014 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
8th out of 606 books — 2,461 voters

More lists with this book...

Elizabeth
Loooooooove it!
Cover!

Ferdy
Spoilers

Didn't like it, I thought the series would start to redeem itself but it's only gotten more and more generic, dull, and predictable. The only reason I'm carrying on with it is for completion's sake.

-Summary: Ethan (and Merit) staying with Gabe and his shifters to avoid arrest. The shifters attacked, they suspect Ethan/Merit, and that leads to them investigating the latest mysterious bad guy of the week.

-Merit and rest of the main characters were bland, empty, and predictable. There was n
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
**Warning** This is a total fangirl review!

description

Well, for me, this book was really yummy especially since I love all things Ethan. He was just amazing in this book. I LOVE him and Merit together but throw in some uber Alpha being all possessive, jealous and demonstrative? Phew....things were a-meltin'.

description

So here's a breakdown of the story...

Ethan's hiding out from the mayor...

Ethan being yummy....

Creatures attack the shifters and of course, the vampires get blamed...

Mallory, Catcher Jeff and Damien
Krista
One would think that by the ninth installment of the Chicagoland Vampires Series that the stories would be getting stale or ridiculous and our obsession with “Methan” would have run its course.

Wild Things was, in my opinion, the best book yet in this incredible series.

(There will be teeny spoilers from previous installments in the Chicagoland Vampires Series. Sorry, but, by the ninth book, it’s unavoidable – please don’t be mad!)

When we last saw our favorite Cadogan House vampires, Ethan was bei
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
First of all, I am BEYOND ecstatic to be back in Ethan and Merit's world. The mystery, the romance, the I-would-do-anything-for-you moments....they are divine. There is nothing like picking up one of these books-It's like you're coming home. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside no matter the content within-whether there's devastation or break-ups or war, these books are just fabulous. I've yet to rate below a four. And, speaking of which, the only reason this isn't a 4.5 is because I am a ...more
Naoms
Originally posted on Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

There is nothing really wrong with this book, it’s just boring. Boring, because it’s more of the same. The City of Chicago are still bullies, Merit and gang stumble upon yet another magical mystery that only they can solve and nothing much else happens. Lots of series have formulas and monster of the week type formats, but in my opinion Chicagoland suffers for it. There just isn’t much holding me to the series beyond the fact that I lov
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the 9th book in this series ….and wow….are things happening here. Political intrigue, new characters, more mysteries and of course more of Ethan & Merit!!!,

Chicago’s new mayor is on the warpath…and what better way to use Ethan Sullivan as an example of how bad vampires are. In the previous book, Ethan had killed Harold Monmonth, one of the GP leaders and even though it was in self-defense, he’s still being held accountable for the deed.

Ethan and Merit take refuge at the Breckenridge
Sh3lly (Not all those who wander are lost)
When this series started, I LOVED it. Loved it. Because...

I thought Merit was a great heroine. Ethan was HOT and sexy. I liked Catcher, Mallory, Jeff, and the banter and snark was fabulous. However, around book 5 things started to change. It got stale, and I don't think it ever recovered. Because I loved this series so much, I keep reading them, hoping they will get better, that somehow new life will be breathed into the series and it will be revitalized and fresh once again. However, it just ke
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
For once I do not know how to review a book in the Chicagoland Vampires series. I’ve been sitting here for half an hour and I don’t know where to start or what to say.

This was very enjoyable, it was. Merit is still my second favourite kick-butt heroine of all times (after Kate Daniels of course!) and the plot was entertaining but the book feels like a filler of sorts. It seems Chloe Neill is setting things up and prepping us for the next instalment. The last time she did that (in Drink Deep) I
Soha
Mar 21, 2014 Soha added it
It has a blurb!

And it sounds awesome too!

but now we have to wait till 2014

I-Need-More-Ethan

Why is it that all awesome books take so long to get published?
Soraia
Here I am again, I can't help it. I have one million reasons why I should have dropped this series already but I keep on reading, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment or something.

This book was basically another version of the previous two. It's the same thing. Chicago is in danger, supernaturals are being attacked, humans still hate vampires, Ethan still needs Merit's protection and so on. It's so much of the same it's boring, the only creative point of it all was how the violence presented itse
Jilly
This series is getting stale. It's like re-packaging the same story over and over again! And, there are situations that have been going on for book after book that still isn't resolved.

repetitive photo: it's repetitive and redundant redundant.gif
what's more boring than regular politics rehashed over and over again? Vampire politics!

The best parts of the book?

Berna, the barmaid who wants to feed everyone who comes in. English is not her strongest, but she is hilarious every time.

"Twilight, Berna confirmed, pointing at me and Ethan. "Grumpy," she said, po
Mariya
You may not be successful. You have powerful enemies. And even if you were--I've already lost you once. I don't wan't to loose you again." His expression softened.

I have to admit the beginning of WILD THINGS didn't go too well for me, I was bored quickly and was waiting for it to pick up like these Chicagoland Vampire books always do. It did pick up, but I went back and forth between boredom and excitement. A very weird pattern. And by the end of this book, it seemed more like one of those fil
Komal
As much as it sucks to say this, I'm beginning to think Chloe Neill is losing her touch. Ever since Drink Deep, Neill has been stuck in a cycle of backtracking. She moves the story forward only to hit rewind and take it back. (view spoiler) For this reason, these books no longer hold a progressive arc that can be tracked for the characters. There is no growth for Merit because she has no need to change ...more
Barb
Another terrific installment in the CLV saga. From the Green Eyes prophecy (SO excited!) to shouting, out loud, "Holy $h1t, I did NOT see that coming" this one has everything I love in a CLV book.

Complete review, here: http://thesaucywenchesbookclub.blogsp...

Update 8-7-14 Loved this book like mad, on this reread. I really love how CN leaves story threads hanging that get picked up, sometimes books later. Absolutely brilliant that she weaves them back in so deftly.
Red Iza
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

After "Howling for you", I was afraid the series would lose some of its strength but fortunately, this installment didn't disappoint AT ALL !

I have to say one thing about Ethan, too. At the beginning of the series, I didn't really love him. Liked him, more or less, but he was distant and uptight. Merit has relaxed him a lot ! He's not crazy-funny or easy going, but he made a lot of progress.
And though this is not an erotic series, there is one scene
Katarina (D-Bags! Griffin and Kellan <3 ) Silva
Katy's Readings

Wild Things has the Wow factor!!! So many new deadly supernatural species are going to make an appearance! Merit's and Ethan's relationship is going to have to prove itself once more! The Cadogan house is going to be twice as badass and Chicago is once more in trouble. Perfect!

description

“You are Cadogan vampires. You are honorable, brave . . . and more stylish than most.” He got the chuckle he’d undoubtedly wanted. “To that end, and to remind you who you are, we have something to share.”

P
They may have a temporary reprieve from the GP but Merit and her friends are facing a terrifying new enemy, one with a huge amount of power who is capable of wielding an old kind of magic that they don't know how to counter. This new enemy seems to be targeting different supernatural groups starting with the North American Central Pack shapeshifters but who knows where they'll strike next. Merit, Ethan, Mallory and Catcher are visiting the Pack when the attack comes and quickly come under suspic ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
I am a total fan of this series we are up to book 9 and Chloe Neill has not let me down yet. Her stories are always fresh, never formula and totally engrossing. I love that she doesn't get caught up in too many parallel story lines that so many long running series get caught up in.

In this outing we have Merit once again getting involved in supernatural shenanigans. This time we meet different fae..and our heroes get caught up in more drama. The drama is new but our characters are still recoveri
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The plot of WILD THINGS isn’t groundbreakingly original but that’s to be expected of the ninth installment in any series. This book does however highlight the exhilarating supernatural detective-type story line that I’ve come to expect from Chloe Neill’s CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES, emphasizes great chemistry between Merit and Ethan, and also introduces some pretty significant changes to this series’ main arc. I didn’t love this novel, but I did like it a heck of a lot, and the
Kathryn
SQUEEE!!!! Wild Things, book 9 in the Chicagoland Vampires series, absolutely ROCKS just as much as it's predecessors did. It is the most awesome thing to be able to find a series in which every book captures your intrigue and keeps you captivated. From start to finish, you are held by the suspense and mystery, greatly anticipating the HUGE wrap up of the crazy events that Merit, Ethan, and the other Cadogan Vampires find themselves in.
Since I first discovered this series, I eagerly await each r
Mistik | I ♥ Monster Fkery |
Feb 10, 2014 Mistik | I ♥ Monster Fkery | rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: this series - to all Adult UF lovers
Wild Things is a WILD RIDE through shifter customs and crazy ass never before seen supernaturals all the while Merit and Ethan ( love of my bookworld ) come to terms with the inevitable future prophesied by Garbiel-the sexy Alpha of the shifter pack. I do not want to kill of his wife, but can I have his story, say like a prequel or something? Boy do I want to read about Gabriel.
And while I am at Gebriel, there is a new shifter in town and surely we will read his book sometime in the future. *no
Tabatha
Love the cover! I can't wait for this so that I can have an a Chicagoland marathon!

EXCITED! I. CANNOT. EVEN. PUT. INTO. WORDS. HOW. I. FEEL.

Over & Out, T xx
Beth
A strange new enemy has emerged, attacking the shifter packs with Merit and Ethan stuck in the middle. Merit must uncover the attacker before a hidden clan of elves and the shifters declares war.

Their is unrest in the vampire's ruling government, for Merit to choose the right course of action for the vampire world might just cost her the man she loves.

Wild Things is another high velocity read. From the first few pages the story takes off and kept me invested till the end. Old wounds are healing
missEvi [can't commit to a book]

I don't believe the series will again reach the 5* it easily earned for the first instalments. It certainly lost the wow factor. But, it is still quite enjoyable.
Steph
Omg, I didn't think I could fall any more in love with Ethan; but oh how I have...

Things I liked/loved:

* Omg Ethan was in full-swoony alpha male mode in this book. He was thoughtful and loving. The public displays of affection were amazing, and I loved that all of Merit's friends could also see how deeply he loves her.

* A new storyline... yay! Nothing to do with McKettrick!
I really enjoyed this story and the mystery that surrounded it all.

* It was fantastic to see Seth Tate again. I love t
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was going to be a 4 but its now for me at least, a 4.5. Usually with these books, its either a 4, 4.5 or a 5 but this, its in between.

Anyway, found this one while good, was a little well, somewhat bored but not as bored. I did take a little break from it and got right back into the series. Don't get me wrong I love these books. But there's moments where it loses its spark at times but you still want to keep reading hoping it'll get better? And it does the more you keep reading.

Uh right, on
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Nine books into the Chicagoland Vampires series and Chloe Neill still manages to keep readers engaged and wanting more of Merit.

Since Merit turned into a vampire and holds the position as the protector of Cadogan House, a lot of responsibilities rest on her shoulders. When magic tears through the North American Central pack, Gabriel Keene, the Pack Apex, looks to Merit and her love interest and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan for help.

Right from the get go, there is this highly charged energy that
SN the Viking
OMG this is the best book in this series so far and they are all real good but this was AWESOME!!!!!!

photo tumblr_msx435YRrE1r2ax46o8_500_zps76aaa7f6.gif

There is lots of Ethan in it and OMG what a hot Ethan too. I think he just moved up as my favorite book boyfriend. There is a love scene in here that I did not expect from this author, she has done them real UF like up until now but this was HOT and GOOD!
 photo magic_mike_sexy_gif5_zps188c4864.gif

We also meet a new great character Damien, I am really looking forward to see more of him. In a spinoff series perhaps?

The prophesy was addr
Stephanie
ORIGINAL POST: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Disclosure: E-Galley provided by publisher via Net Galley for review purposes. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions granted herein are my own.

I am so excited to be part of Chloe’s blog tour for this book; we all have our favorite series and this is a huge favorite for me. I actually love to take time to savor these stories. And, by being part of the tour I get the opportunity to reward a lucky reader with some of Chloe’s fabulous m
  • Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Chicagoland Vampires Novels, the Devil's Isle Novels, and a YA series, the Dark Elite. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys--h ...more
More about Chloe Neill...

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
  • Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11)
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)

“This was the magic of feasting & fucking, of savoring the blood of a kill & calling the Pack to dine.” 6 likes
“I glanced mildly at Lindsey. “Did you spike his blood with caffeine?” “Die Hard marathon was on TV last night,” she said. “He’s been weaponized since then.” 3 likes