Start by marking “Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)” as Want to Read:
Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  42,536 Ratings  ·  4,249 Reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart,
Published July 29th 2014 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Silver Shadows, please sign up.

Mariah Smith (Vibin With Books) I read on an interview for the Vampire Academy movie that Richelle wants to write another series, yes. She even said that she wouldn't mind writing it…moreI read on an interview for the Vampire Academy movie that Richelle wants to write another series, yes. She even said that she wouldn't mind writing it from Rose's pov, which would be crazy awesome. There is just too many issues still not fully wrapped up yet in the Moroi world, even with the last book coming out in this series. (less)
Kimberly Silva Ortiz On February 2015 the next novel will come out. I'm pretty sure that will be the last one. I read in her official website that she planned on writing 6…moreOn February 2015 the next novel will come out. I'm pretty sure that will be the last one. I read in her official website that she planned on writing 6 in total for this series.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,405 books — 15,815 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,527 books — 9,065 voters

More lists with this book...

Yonaily
LIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD

"Ivashkov," she repeated, her face the picture of serenity. "My name is Sydney Ivashkov."

This book was everything. It made me laugh, jump of happiness, but mostly cry. A lot. It was really hard to read those ten first chapters where Adrian was lost and hopeless -- it was emotionally painful. I never expected it to hurt so...badly. I started this book thinking Adrian would act like Nemo's dad, doing whatever it takes to get his son back, to save him. But no -- it did not h
Zoë
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yup yup yup I loved this one. So much happened in less than 400 pages and I honestly couldn't put it down. I read it in a day despite having other commitments because Richelle Mead's books are so addictive! Immediately diving into The Ruby Circle because I MUST know how this series ends.
Mikaela
Jan 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
Okay. I'm going to play a game with this book. I'm going to write a list of things I want to happen in the plot, and I get one point for everything that happens. Feel free to put additions to the list in the comments. It should be noted that while writing this list I've only read the first two books... The others aren't released yet.

Game List: One point for everything that happens in This Book

1. If Dimitri is mentioned, or appears. Okay the list could end now. Just this whole book being on
Rimsa Ivashkov
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WHOAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST FINISHED!!!!!!!! Review coming soon

AFTER THAT KILLER ENDING.....

SOMEONE GIVE ME THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RELEASE DATE IS TOO FAR :'(

I CANT TAKE THIS........................................................

Kaitlin

Just got my copy!!! I want to just read the whole thing in one big sweep but I must savor this for as long as possible. Review will be after!

___________________________________________________

And now we have the cover?!

*fangirl moment*

Amber
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Post SilverShadows
I'm speechless it was everything I wanted and more❤❤❤❤ but again that ending killed me but #sydrian forever ;)

If you haven't finished reading the fiery heart don't read this.....

Does anyone else think it could be possible that the alchemists kick Adrian out of his apartment? because technically Sydney got permission from the boss for him to have it

That's the question that randomly entered my mind tonight

What I want from this book:

Abe using some c4 to help get Sydney back

So
B R A N
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books
Ferdy
Spoilers

There were so many things I hated about Silver Shadows, the main thing being Sydney and Adrian. I wasn't all that much of a fan of Sydney in the first Bloodlines book but she grew on me and I began to like her almost as much as Rose but not anymore. I can't stand Mary Sue's and in this one she showed that she was a Mary Sue of the highest order. Adrian I've never really liked but I was able to tolerate him in the last couple of books… Well, not anymore. He proved to be a whiny, self-cent
Wendy Darling
!!!!

Engrossing plot involving a "re-education camp" with similarities to real-life "de-gaying camps." Well-written action scenes, swoony romance, and exciting–OH SO EXCITING–character story arcs. Sydney's grown on me quite a bit since the first couple of books, and the Sydrian romance feels intimate and respectful and full of promise.

Full review posted to the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2014...

If you're a fan of Bloodlines at all, you need to read this one ASAP so you can know ALL TH
Kelena
Mar 29, 2013 is currently reading it
JUST.GOT.MY.COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica (priceiswong)
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I started this late last night and flew through it today! I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to finish the series with The Ruby Circle!

(view spoiler)
Cassandra Leclerc
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
*Contains spoilers for those who have not read The Fiery Heart.*

NINE MONTHS. I could have a child by then (not that I'm planning on it, but just sayin') or, you know, WE COULD HAVE SYDRIAN BABIES BY THEN! (not that that's gonna happen either, but just sayin').

My hopes for Silver Shadows:

--> More post-sex poetry.

--> For someone (ANYONE!) to kick Daddy Sage's ass! (Or any Alchemist's ass. Just make sure there is some alchemist ass being kicked.)

--> For Eddie and Jill to become Official.
Mel
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Ahora, y por el resto de sus vidas, su vida está atada a la del otro. Cada decisión que tomen será por los dos. Lo que uno hace afecta al otro. Son una familia, un equipo... inseparable e indisoluble.”

Antes que nada, tengo que agradecer a Richelle de que sus continuaciones sean cada seis meses, porque sino ya me habría olvidado de lo que sucedía en The Fiery Heart (igual, con ese final, ni deseándolo podía haberlo olvidado).

Lo primero que noté mientras leía este libro es que fue distinto a
Renata Ribeiro
Review
That pretty much sums up my feelings after this book
description

A LOT of stuff happens in this book, I mean, A LOT!
It begins 3, 4 months after Sidney was taken by the alchemists, poor Adrian doesn't know what to do, he's tottally lost, drowning in alcohol again, so Jill makes an intervention and calls mama Ivashkov to take Adrian to the court, and there Adrian losts himself in parties and more alcohol, he tries to reach Sidney through dreams, but it seems impossible, and even with Marcus' help, it's
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG!!!!!!! Richelle Mead Why do you leave me hanging like this OMG OMG OMG!!!

Spoilers Don't read if you don' wanna know!!

I love this book! I love this Series, but Last year when I read The Fiery Heart I almost lost it having to wait a year for Silver Shadows now I have to wait for The Ruby Circle and I am so not good at waiting!!!! Wow I love Sydney she is so brave all that she endured while the Alchemist tortured her and tried to brain wash her because she fell in love with Adrian.

photo silver_zpsacf4fe93.jpg

She is kick
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
description

Listen to my Silver Shadows fanmix on 8tracks.

I should probably point out that I was or still am a huge fan of Bloodlines series and after a thorough life evaluation I decided to give it 3 stars. It's not a low rating and it doesn't mean I hate the book, not really. I was just expecting something much better.

Richelle Mead, you let me down, terribly. You are getting predictable, anticlimactic and boring.

As much as I love and ship Sydney & Adrian. I wish Mead also took the time to fully deve
~Tina~
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
BEWARE: LIGHT SPOILERS

Silver Shadows, is the 5th installment in the Bloodlines series and one of the most intense gut-wrenching and heart pounding book by far! I knew we were in for some major heartfail after that evil cliff-hanger of an ending in The Fiery Heart but I don't think I was fully prepared to feel so anxious and terrified for both Sydney and Adrian. Mead does a tremendous job of bringing us to the very edge of darkness and then blinding us with the brightest of lights. This
Marga
Okay, so I think I might just have overreacted a little bit because of that ending but I guess this book wasn't a solid 4-star read afterall.

1. The book just really picked up its pace at the last 25%. It pained me to say this, but I think it kind of dragged.

2. Although I love Adrian (hence, the surname), I can't help but notice how he somehow gave up easily. I was disappointed. I felt really happy when Sydney thought of something genius to talk to him again but he never did appear in her dreams
Muse-ic ♬
Anushka
Another book joins the league of Twilightesque books. And I never imagined it would be one of Mead's.
Well, surprises don't end, do they?

After blindly loving Vampire Academy and Adrian Ivashkov, I've finally started to run out of it . I never really liked Bloodlines series from the start but because of too much free time at my hand and an insurmountable love for the author and *sigh* Adrian I read the last two books in a frenzy. I can't say I'm disappointed because I had no expectations (for I lo
Glass
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 stars

Tanja: I still can't believe that there is only one book left in this series. Remember the days when Bloodlines was announced and our happiness.Time really flies. But what makes me really happy is that this series, despite its ups and downs is going into the right direction as I can freely say that for me this was the best book in this series till now.

Glass: I know - times flies so fast. You do remember that I was disappointed with previous book despite Adrian and Sydney finally
Paula Nikolina
EDIT:

Please excuse my french but... What kind of Bullshit was that?! I'm absolutely disappointed with this book.

I really enjoyed the first part of the book, yes it was slower than the second half but I liked seeing Sydney strong and brave and then.. the story disappointed me in so many ways. It was boring in many places and beyond ludicrous in others. I was very mad at the ending and the choice Sydney made. I wont reveal any spoilers, but I didn't buy the cheap teenage-love Richelle Mead offere
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
If you read The Fiery Heart, you know what's happened to Sydney...now if only Adrian knew. It is killing him and it seems he has no one to turn to.

This book hits the ground running and we get to intimately know all the things going on with Sydney. I really hated it and I hate the Alchemists even more. I just don't understand how they could do all that. What I did like was how all 'the group' had each other backs and were working towards something.

My heart went out to Adrian and I don't blame h
helen the bookowl
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
As you can see from my rating, I had a lot of problems with this book, and looking at everyone's very positive reviews I feel like something's wrong with me.
HOWEVER, let's start with the good thing: I loved being back into this world of Morois, Strigois and Alchemists which is very creative and imaginative. I'm also quite a fan of Sydney's character because she's sensible, strong and clever.
Since book four in this series, though, I've had huge problems with the way we start seeing things from
Aimen
Sep 14, 2012 marked it as to-read
Edit: Here's the link to the first 3 chapters, folks! Knock yourselves out as the wait continues :)

Edit: Thanks to the wonderful Alexandria, I have some new quotes!

Quote 1

"I took a deep breath and said: “I fell in love with a vampire.”

And like that, I was blinded by light."

Quote 2

"Out of old habit, I put my hand on my collarbone, touching a cross that was no longer there.
Don't let them change me, I prayed silently.Let me keep my mind. Let me endure whatev
Sam
Jul 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Booknut
Chapter 20...I'm in love with you.
happy reaction photo: tumblr_lo8kamF8jA1qg21tn.gif
happy reaction photo: tumblr_m9hwh3q3tA1rpghdx.gif
happy reaction photo: glasscaseofemotion.gif

This book is everything. I mean - if I had to be fussy - I guess the only thing it was missing was an epic smack-down between Sydney and Zoe...
happy reaction photo: tumblr_m2hx8jp6eH1rpmjsao1_400.gif

Some doubted the strength of Sydrian. But this OTP was too strong! The center held!
otp reaction photo: OTP tumblr_magyqgadsF1rsy37s_zps66098dc5.gif

(For those of you know what happens in Chapter 20)(view spoiler)
Rachel Valentine
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: I loved this book. I can't believe what happen at the end with Sydney and Adrian but I am super happy and I can't wait until the next one.

Looking back on my predictions not a lot of them came true and I'm kind of surprised about some of them. Still, even if they didn't come true, I enjoyed making them and I loved this book.

Predictions for this book. Don't read if you haven't finished The Fiery Heart yet because there will be spoilers from that. Again if you have not finished that book t
Danielle
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't even, I just....

Favourite of the series so far, by a long shot. Oh the feels, the feels were real.
Rebecca
This review is also on my blog

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

This review contains no spoilers for Silver Shadows, though you might want to put off reading it until you've read it (and the previous Bloodlines books). I have a spoiler section at the end of this review.

In a nutshell: Silver Shadows is another enjoyable installment in the Bloodlines series that is set up well for the end of the series. Bring on The Ruby Circle!

It's crazy to think that we are
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)

“What is it with you and girls, Adrian, dear? Why do they either mean nothing to you or everything? It's always an extreme."
"Because I don't do things in halves, mom. Especially when it comes to love.”
284 likes
“Ivashkov," she repeated, her face the picture of serenity. "My name is Sydney Ivashkov.” 220 likes