Start by marking “Finding It (Losing It, #3)” as Want to Read:
Finding It (Losing It, #3)

Finding It (Losing It #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  10,817 ratings  ·  1,056 reviews
Sometimes you have to lose yourself to find where you truly belong...

Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no-limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers is no exception. She's having the time of her life . . . or that's what she keeps telling herself.

It's a lonely business trying to find out w
Published October 15th 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published October 10th 2013)

The Edge of Always by J.A. RedmerskiMine by Katy EvansSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesKing Hall by Scarlett DawnThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Fall 2013 New Adult releases
7th out of 176 books — 651 voters
Panic by J.A. HussSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesSafe with Me by Kristen ProbyConvicted by Aleatha RomigEverything for Us by M. Leighton
September & October 2013 releases!
25th out of 279 books — 1,150 voters

More lists with this book...

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Lucas, Jesse, James,Jethro and Daniel ✝✝

I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!

photo wow_zps9fc8988e.gif

"Adventures don't happen when you're worried about the future or tied down by the past. They only exist in the now. And they always, always come at the most unexpected time, in the least likely of packages. An adventure is an open window; an an adventurer is the person willing to crawl out on the ledge and leap"

photo tumblr_mforhzDPaX1s1qyeto1_500.gif

Kelsey Summers wants adventure and decides to travel around Europe leaving everything right behind her, no parents and no responsibilities. Kelsey h
Cora Carmack
Oct 15, 2013 Cora Carmack added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult
Finding It is officially out in the world! You can buy e-books online or print in stores, including a limited signed special edition at Target that includes a deleted scene.

This story is so close to my heart, in part because it was incredibly difficult to write. Kelsey is a different heroine than Max and Bliss. She's a bit abrasive and harder to love. But hers is a story that I felt compelled to tell. As a writer, the way I approach books and characters is by figuring out what the characters wa
Kate Bond
If I believed the stories I learned growing up, God made the world in six days and on the seventh day he rested. I wonder if, like me, the eighth day was when he watched it all begin to unravel.

New Adult is a tough genre. Almost every book that falls into it feels like a bit of a redheaded stepchild; too mature to be classified as Young Adult, but not written well enough to be considered Contemporary Romance. Easy is a notable exception, as are The Sea of Tranquility, Unteachable, Sophie Jordan
Patrycja

Cora Cormack is back with her new breathaking novel filled with witty sense of humour, sexy romance and wonderful heart- stopping adventure in Europe. I can honestly say that Finding It is the best book in Cormack’s series. She out done herself with this phenomenal novel. Step by step, page by page I slowly fell in love with this complex bittersweet story about finding yourself, finding adventure, love, and last but not least finding where your home truly is.

Now, it’s time for bitchy Kelsey to
Ellis
I feel betrayed by this book. I knew from other reviews that it was going to more on the serious side than Losing It and Faking It, and honestly, I was fine with that. Based on the little I'd seen from Kelsey in the previous books, I was very excited for her story. Sure, she was overly privileged, but I liked her impulsiveness and sex-positive attitude, and I was convinced the combination of all that would make for a fun and, considering this is still a Carmack book, sexy story with some depth t ...more
Aditi
Abandoned at 52%

I am against slut-shaming. I am even against the word in itself. Each girl to her own, I say.
But don't ask or expect me to relate with someone like Kelsey. Seriously. I mean it.

Kelsey is not entirely unlikable. I could understand her need to travel through Europe in search of that elusive something/To find herself. Hell, I've done that. Though not at the happy expense of my father.

What turned me off was how she used her body as currency. How she was the role-model cliche of a
Rose
I thought about meditating over this, but then figured "Nah, might as well write my thoughts about it." I had a full review that I tried to post once on Goodreads, ended up losing the whole thing before I could click submit. Gah. So this is my second attempt.

This novel was going so well for a time. I definitely appreciated Kelsey's narration over Bliss, and loved the attention to detail over her excursions in Europe and overseas.

Yet I could use five words to describe this book: "Drama City, Typi
Beth Toups
4.5* Loved it!!
Eileen
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

How can I properly portray my love for Losing It and Faking It, and then compare it to Finding It? It's not hidden knowledge that I've been in a book slump, and I was sure that this would snap me right out of it because I'm a huge fan of Cora's books.

That being said, unfortunately, I didn't feel the same way about Finding It that I did her other novels in this series. For one, I had a huge issue with the main character Kelsey.
Nihan
Hiçbir şeyi umursamadan kendini yollara vurma olayını biraz fazla abartmış yazar. Sen git körkütük sarhoş ol, içkine uyuşturucu katsınlar. Sonra 1 gündür tanıdığın adam seni kaldığı otele götürsün. Tesadüfe bak ki hayatının aşkı çıksın bir de.

Ah canım ya.
Chiv
Jul 13, 2013 Chiv marked it as to-read
*finds book*

*reads plot*

Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no-limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers *internally screams* is no exception. She's having the time of her life...or that's what she keeps telling herself.
....

First off. I found Cora's first book Losing It accidently and just read it. I didn't expect anything new or fresh, just a quick light read. I didn't expect a wonderful novel with heart warming
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This book grew on me. The story starts off with Kelsey in Europe partying, getting drunk, having sex with random strangers. She meets Jackson Hunt and together they travel on a road trip, seeking new adventures.

What I liked about this book is the places and adventures that they went on. I felt like I was on my own little holiday.

Kelsey: I love when people love me

Kelsey started off very unlikeable, she was spoilt and spending her parents money. I thought she dragged the story down at
Lisa
Reread; June 2015:

yep, still love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Reviewed, Oct 2013:

While I do wish the cover is a bit more consistent with the first two books, I just can't help staring at it because it's so pretty!

post read:

*drum rolls*

And Cora Carmack has done it again!
Seriously Cora, how do you get better and better? I need the formula, please give it to me.

Everyone deserves one grand adventure, that one time in life that we always get to point
Ashley
Nose Graze — Young Adult book reviews

1.5 Stars

The first thing you should know about Finding It is that it's nothing like Losing It or Faking It. I thought Losing It and Faking It were great for a few reasons: the characters felt real, the scenes were hilariously awkward, and the relationships with slow-building. Finding It has none of those things.

Kelsey is not a likable character. She uses alcohol and sex to solve every single one of her problems, and I never feel like that changes—not even a
Kate
Finding it is the 3rd book in Cora Carmack’s Losing It series. I adore these books!! I actually “read” the first two books in the series via audiobook during my commute. If you don’t listen to audiobooks, you should try it. I am a skimmer (I know, bad Kate!) and I tend to skim books then go back and read the important parts. When you have an audio book, you have to listen to every last word… you miss nothing. It’s a very different experience.
Oh, I digress. Let’s talk about Fining It now!
If you
Justine
It was such a great new adult trilogy! It wasn't perfect but I loved it anyway!
Lady Lioness
Snagged from NetGalley. 3.5 stars.

Maybe if I hadn't read (view spoiler), I wouldn't have twigged onto the 'twist' as soon as the hero appeared on the page. Since I did, however, I was basically marking time until the grand reveal. It didn't help that I couldn't relate to the heroine as she indulged in very risky behavior and drank way too much. I also felt the ending was too abrupt as (view spoiler)
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Finding It Review on K-Books

"If there's anything I learned with you, it's that one more day was never enough."

There are seriously no words to explain just how damn excited I was to get an arc of this book. I have been dying to read this one ever since the moment I read Losing It. I know, I know, I didn't actually know Cora was writing this one when I first read Losing It but I loved Kelsey so much I was desperate for her to get her own story. And she did. And it is without a doubt Cora's best
Shannon
Finding It

The Characters

Kelsey Summers: You know I’m not going to lie, Kelsey is not my favorite character. She’s a good friend to Bliss and I respect her but I just don’t like her.

Jackson Hunt: On the other hand I love Jackson. He is so strong and really focused on fixing/living with his short comings. Also he remind mes of Owen Hunt from Grey’s Anatomy who I also love, problems and all. If it hadn’t been for him I would have thrown in the towel relatively early on this book.

The Story
Tania (Real-Listen-Feel)

Je n'avais pas trop d'attentes pour ce dernier tome de la trilogie et je suis contente que ça n'ait pas été le cas. Je repoussais la lecture de ce tome depuis plusieurs mois puisque je n'ai jamais été fan du personnage de Kelsey. En plus, je m'étais spoilée moi-même sur la fin du roman.

Dans ce 3e tome, on va suivre Kelsey qui décide de partir en Europe pour découvrir le monde suite à sa graduation. Dans tous les cas, c'est ce qu'elle veut faire croire à tout le monde. Mais en fait, ell
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
From the outside, Finding Itsounded like a fun book, one that would have me cracking up like the first two books in this series about a group of actors on the cusp of graduation and trying to find themselves. But this book dealt with some serious issues. The fact that this book is no laughing matter had me taken aback, especially since out of all the characters in the previous books, I thought Kelsey was the most fun-loving and easy-going of the bunch.

But appearances can be deceiving. You can ju
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
So one thing I loved about this book is how it was a mix between seriousness and being light/fun. I really enjoyed the overall aspect of it and how everything flowed in this book. I think my favorite part about this book is how it was different from most new adult books, most take place in a certain area, but this one the main characters were traveling and I really liked that difference here so it definitely kept me more intrigued about what the characters were going to do next and how it would ...more
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Ok, so Cora Carmack is a NA author whose books I adore! She makes me laugh, gives me butterflies and her books are simply the kind you just fly through. However, this is the first occasion where I've found myself.. very lukewarm towards a book of hers. I loved the traveling aspect and the "finding-myself" storyline, because I can relate to that, but as a whole, this book was a big disappointment for me. It was so predictable, the whole plot was (view spoiler) ...more
Jenny
Rating: 4.5/5

Finding It, following in the wake of its hugely entertaining predecessors, seems initially as though it's going to pale in comparison, heroine Kelsey a woman who in the opening chapters makes us question whether or not we can even bring ourselves to spend several hundred pages with her as she makes one spectacularly poor and dangerous choice after another. The only excuse she provides for her bar and bed hopping is the self-delusion she's filling herself so full of life that when sh
Katy
I just have one very huge complaint. Why the hell would Jackson have a USMC tattoo if he was in the army? At first, I thought it was Kelsey's ignorance, but Jackson actually said army on two different occasions.

Other than that, I would have to say this is my favorite book so far in this series. I liked the first book because of the great lines, and I liked the second one because of Cade, although I wasn't a fan of Max. With this one, I just thought it was great overall.

Really, the storyline wasn
Jessica (Lovin' Los Libros)
4.5/5 stars

"Say it." I arched my body into his, pulling at his shoulders.
"Say what?"
"Say that this is real. Tell me it counts."

Oh my, Jackson Hunt everybody. Whew!

This was a tough review to write. There was so much I wanted to say because of how much it made me feel and yet I couldn't seem to articulate the things I wanted to...

Cora Carmack has done it again! I am absolutely in love with this series! This particular book really got to me because I remember when I was the one traipsing about Eur
Naoms
Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

Here’s the thing about FINDING IT, it’s funny, entertaining and in moments honest. I really enjoyed Kelsey. I thought she was fun and free. I liked that she was a young woman who liked sex and liked to have a good time. I even liked her interaction with Hunt. I thought they were a fun couple and enjoyed their adventures.

Here’s the other thing about FINDING IT, been there done that. Literally, I don’t want to spoil it for fans of the series, but it’s been do
Tricia  Santos
This is my favorite Cora Carmack book. Hands down. I could already tell from the synopsis alone. I thought Losing It was original but only okay, and I hadn’t gotten around to reading Faking It or Keeping Her yet. BUT THIS. It totally took me off-guard. It had my number one favorite thing in a book which is lots of build-up slash sexual tension slash angst. And those feels. Like, didn’t see it coming at all but I felt everything from lust to love to amusement to exhilaration to contemplative to d ...more
Karielle
"You scare me," I said.
His brow furrowed, and his mouth opened, but no words came out. He took a breath and then very slowly said, "You have nothing to be scared of. I won't... I wouldn't. I'll help you get to bed, and then I'll leave, get another room."
He thought I didn't trust him... that he might do something.
"Not that. I don't think that."
"Then why do I scare you?"
"Because I don't want you to see."
There was a small part of me that knew I should shut my mouth, that I was saying things I shoul
Michelle [Helen Geek]
07/14/2014 -- 4.5 Stars. Love this author.
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
  • Wild (The Ivy Chronicles, #3)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • The Edge of Never, The Edge of Always: Two Book Collection (The Edge of Never, #1-2)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend, #4)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Believe (True Believers, #3)
  • Everything Between Us
  • The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
  • Deceiving Lies (Forgiving Lies, #2)
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend o ...more
More about Cora Carmack...

Losing It (3 books)
  • Losing It (Losing It, #1)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
Losing It (Losing It, #1) Faking It (Losing It, #2) Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5) All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1) All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)

“The best parts of life are the things we can't plan. And it's a lot harder to find happiness if you're only searching in one place. Sometimes, you just have to throw away the map. Admit that you don't know where you're going and stop pressuring yourself to figure it out. Besides...a map is a life someone else already lived. It's more fun to make your own.” 64 likes
“This funny thing happens when you graduate college. You hear so much about being an adult that you start to feel like you have to become a different person overnight, that growing up means being not you. And you concentrate so hard on living up to the term "adult" that you forget growing up happens by living, not by sheer force of will.” 52 likes