Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: "Gigi’s Favorite RoM" > Favorite Read of the Month-December 2017

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments What about the whole year? What was the best read of 2017?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) The best reads for me this year were The Hating Game by Sally Thorne , To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1) by Linda Howard , The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel and Ilona Andrews' Hidden Legacy series.

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Agree on the Hidden Legacy series being the best reads of this year for me!

Also on my list:
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Dragon of a Different Color (Heartstrikers, #4) by Rachel Aaron My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

message 5: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee Enjoyed. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ashley and Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) My favorites for December were First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Burning Room (Harry Bosch, #17; Harry Bosch Universe, #26) by Michael Connelly Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Jan 02, 2018 10:24AM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments My favorites for December: I did a Mercy Thompson reread, still love the books.

Best of the year: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1) by Lucy Parker One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews

And because I’m too lazy to post the individual books:
Mercy Thompson Series
Hidden Legacy

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P Gah! So many!

description

Let me look at my reading log....

message 10: by Jodie (last edited Jan 03, 2018 06:07PM) (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 86 comments Best reads of 2017:
Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar Charley Davidson Bundle (7 Book Series) by Darynda Jones Infidelity (5 Book Series) by Aleatha Romig
The Fantasyland Series Box Set by Kristen Ashley
Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

Best of December:
Fury by Cat Porter

message 11: by Sandra (last edited Jan 03, 2018 11:21PM) (new)

Sandra Far too many to name them all. I'll try to keep this (sort of) small!

Best of December
Strangers in Death (In Death, #26) by J.D. Robb - I read a few In Death books. Love them all.
Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon - I read the 2nd and 3rd Outlander books......
Lord John and the Private Matter (Lord John Grey, #1) by Diana Gabaldon - ........ and a few of the Lord John Grey books. (Spin off of Outlander).
Thin Lives (Donati Bloodlines, #3) by Bethany-Kris - Can't beat Bethany-Kris for a good Mafia series.
Wicked Bond (The Wicked Horse, #5) by Sawyer Bennett - Best book of the series.
Studmuffin Santa by Tawna Fenske - Very funny!
Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1) by J.A. Huss - Great Romantic Suspense series.
Fire and Honor (The Lightwood Affair, #1) by M.S. Parker - Loved this series.
This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1) by K. Webster - Fantastic Dark Romance series.
Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9) by Abigail Roux - Can't believe this is the end. I adore Ty and Zane.
WORTH by Deborah Bladon - Love Deborah Bladon.
Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1) by Stylo Fantome - Brilliant Romantic Suspense duet.
Poisonous (Max Revere, #3) by Allison Brennan - Another great book by Allison Brennan.
Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1) by Christine Zolendz - Great Dark Romance duet.
Just One Night, Part 1 (Just One Night, #1) by Elle Casey - Excellent series.
Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #17; Were-Hunter, #4; Hellchaser, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Love Sherrilyn Kenyon.
North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1) by Laura Kaye - Great PNR series I found.
Some Girls Do (Outback Heat, #1) by Amy Andrews - Really enjoyed this.

Eh, think I better leave it there!

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) My Favorite reads of December 2017:
Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Blue Curse (Blue Wolf, #1) by Brad Magnarella Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts Spellbound (Once Upon, #1) by Nora Roberts Winslow The Lost Hunters A Winslow Doyle Wilderness Mystery Book One (Winslow Doyle Mysteries 1) by David Francis Curran Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Once Upon a Highland Season, #3) by Lecia Cornwall Jesse Merry Christmas, Cowboy (Harlequin American Romance)(The Codys The First Family of Rodeo #6) by Lynnette Kent

message 15: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Well, it turns out I rated a lot of books highly this past year. More than I thought. I also reread a large number of books, so I'll pare things down a bit (particularly by leaving out earlier books in a series).

Best of December:
Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) by Mary Balogh Charlie All Night by Jennifer Crusie

Best of the rest of the year:
Talk Sweetly to Me (Brothers Sinister, #4.5) by Courtney Milan Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Smoke in Mirrors by Jayne Ann Krentz Geekerella by Ashley Poston Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10) by Nalini Singh Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7) by Julia Quinn Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10) by Patricia Briggs Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1) by Grace Draven The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3) by Shelly Laurenston One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P My favorite reads for December:

An Ex For Christmas by Lauren Layne Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4) by Lauren Layne Disorderly Conduct (The Academy, #1) by Tessa Bailey

message 17: by Nicole (last edited Jan 04, 2018 06:48AM) (new)

message 19: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments My Favorites for December were Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber and The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1) by Megan Derr

For the year:
Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1) by Claudia Connor Wait for It by Mariana Zapata Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar Dark Space (Dark Space, #1) by Lisa Henry Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2) by Roan Parrish Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6) by Abigail Roux The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9) by Darynda Jones White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9) by Faith Hunter Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1) by Faith Hunter Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1) by Heidi Cullinan The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1) by Roan Parrish The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1) by Amy Harmon Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3) by Karen Chance A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract, #1) by Rachel Higginson Twist (Dive Bar, #2) by Kylie Scott The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oh my god so many good books!

message 21: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Jan 04, 2018 03:03PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I know, right?

message 22: by Catherine (last edited Jan 04, 2018 05:07PM) (new)

Catherine | 728 comments Too many books...too little time!! lol

The Sorbonne Affair. Think this was my favourite...I love Mark Pryor...

Also love Diana Gabaldon, Tony Schumacher, Susan Elia MacNeal, Jill Shalvis, Emily March, Patrick Taylor and Sarah Morgan

message 24: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jan 22, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments As promised here's a new challenge based on your favorite books of each month.
Ongoing Monthly Challenge:
Read What Others Have Read and Loved(Or Not)

Thanks for sharing your favorite and please keep sharing each month :)

message 25: by Ash (last edited Jan 23, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Ash (ashesofabookdragon) | 12 comments Favorites for December~ <3
Can't Get Enough (Original Heartbreakers, #6) by Gena Showalter sassy romance haha
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson - really amazing for 200pages
What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe - Quirky and really fun haha

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ash wrote: "Favorites for December~ <3

The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson - really amazing for "

Have your read Elantris (Elantris, #1) by Brandon Sanderson ?

message 27: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashesofabookdragon) | 12 comments Ash wrote: "Favorites for December~ <3
Can't Get Enough (Original Heartbreakers, #6) by Gena Showalter sassy romance haha
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson - really amazing for 200pages
[bookcover:What If?: Serious Scientific An..."

I haven't actually! I read TES because I knew it was the outskirts of Cosmere, I have Mistborn on my list next to read :D haha