Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2017 Challenges Archive > 2017 November Pick-It-For-Me-Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mary-Megan (last edited Oct 18, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments 2017 November PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:
✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ How do you feel about Disney? ✱✱

A. Disney is everything great in the world.
B. I'm more of a Looney Tunes or Dreamworks fan.
C. Animation really isn't my thing.

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter.

You’ll have until Sunday, October 29th (7 pm US EDT) to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ. If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously.

A few hints to help with book selection:
Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 4: by Mary-Megan (last edited Oct 23, 2017 05:29PM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments Picking Rules

Mickey Mouse’s Birthday
On November 18, 1928, Mickey Mouse made his debut in Steamboat Willie. He was created when Walt Disney lost his rights to the character Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, although given the success of Mickey Mouse, losing his claim to the character worked out in his favor. Since then, Mickey has become the official mascot for the Walt Disney Company and a source of happiness for generations. Not only is Mickey the first animated character to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but his creation also earned Walt Disney an honorary Academy Award. Let’s celebrate Mickey’s birthday with him and a handful of his closest friends...

Mickey Mouse - In his red shorts and big yellow shoes, Mickey is the classic good guy. By no means is he perfect, but he is wholesome, curious, crafty, devoted and a brave hero when need be.
Recommend a book with:
✩A wholesome, sweet romance
✩A story set in either California, Florida, Hawaii, Paris, China, or Japan
✩A character that is the head of the company or works in business
✩A cover with just a man on it

Minnie Mouse - Loving and kind, Minnie Mouse is Mickey’s girlfriend. Usually spotted in a red and white polka dot dress with a big bow between her ears, Minnie is the epitome of femininity. In early Disney shorts, Minnie was often depicted as a damsel in distress that Mickey needed to rescue, although she was eventually reimagined as a more modern woman.
Recommend a book with:
✩A damsel in distress story
✩A cover with just a woman on it
✩A cover with a lot of red

Goofy - One of Mickey’s closest friend, this tall, lanky character is often clumsy and goofy - hence the name. His scatterbrained antics, though, make him an exceptionally loveable character.
Recommend a book with:
✩A humorous story
✩A naive character or one whose best intentions get him/her in trouble
✩A cover with a lot of orange

Donald Duck - A duck with a short fuse and a bit of a speech impediment, Donald rounds of the best friend trio with Mickey and Goofy. Three must be his lucky number because he is also a member of “The Three Caballeros” and he has three nephews - Huey, Dewey, and Louie. During WWII, a number of Donald Duck shorts were created for war propaganda and followed his life in the army.
Recommend a book with:
✩A group of three friends or siblings or a book in a trilogy
✩A character with a temper
✩A story set during WWII or features a soldier
✩A cover with a lot of blue

Daisy Duck - Just as Mickey has his Minnie, Daisy is Donald’s better half. She believes in her man and does what she can to help him with his temper, but if pushed too far, she has her own anger issues. Sometimes a bit of a diva, Daisy is also Minnie’s best friend.
Recommend a book with:
✩A cover with a lot of purple
✩A story about best friends
✩A cover or book that takes place by water

Pluto - Man’s best friend, Pluto is Mickey’s dog. While all of the other characters in this cartoon world are animals that talk and walk like humans, Pluto is the only animal that acts like an animal.
Recommend a book with:
✩An animal on the cover
✩A story that features animals - shifters included
✩A cover with a lot of yellow or green

Chip ‘n’ Dale - Originally seen as troublemaking antagonists for Pluto or Donald, Chip ‘n’ Dale are two chipmunks who eventually got their own series in the 80’s - Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers. Although they look similar, the easiest way to tell them apart is the Chip has a dark nose - like a chocolate chip. They also have opposite personalities with Chip being more serious and smart while Dale is goofier and laid back.
Recommend a book with:
✩A mystery/suspense plot
✩An opposites attract theme
✩A character that works in or around nature (park ranger, game warden, nature guide, etc)
✩A cover with a lot of trees

Mortimer Mouse - A lesser known character, Mortimer is more or less Mickey’s opposite in looks and personality. He is one of Mickey’s biggest rival due to the fact that he’s Minnie’s ex-boyfriend. Originally Mickey was supposed to be named Mortimer until Walt Disney’s wife suggested the name Mickey, which stuck.
Recommend a book with:
✩An arrogant character
✩A love triangle or a bad or evil ex
✩A dark cover (blacks or browns)

message 5: by Mary-Megan (last edited Oct 30, 2017 05:49PM) (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments Pairings
Pick books for the person below you on the list. The last person on the list chooses for the first person.

Group A - Disney is everything great in the world.
Carrie - Soonish
Jojo
Mary-Megan - October-november
Nicole - PIFM
Ashley
~KarenH~ - cant-wait-to-read
MountainKat - to-read-asap
Kristin - TBR-Owned
Romanticbookworm - pick-for-me
Sonja - On-deck-to-read
Rebecca
Carina - fallpicks
Shelby - Current Challenge to Reads
Pam - PIFM
Diane ~Firefly~ - mng_picking
Suzanne
Ezinwanyi - meet-greet
Elke - On_deck_4_chlges
☘KathyD☘ - pick-shelf-owned

Group B - I'm more of a Looney Tunes or Dreamworks fan.
Fran *Private Profile - PIFM shelf
Queen Bee
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ - M&G shelf or Pick it for Me shelf
Nancy H
LaurLa - 04-challenges-to-pick
Danielle Gypsy Soul - next-months-books or aaa-next-read
Stacie - pifm

Group C - Animation really isn't my thing.
Snowflakemood *Please make sure picks available on Kindle
Heather - o-pifm
Avid Reader and Geek Girl - next

√ = picks made

message 6: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments And (if you probably couldn't guess) I'm totally group A. Disney is the best!

October-november

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments I'm in - and Disney is all things great in this world!! In fact we are going, again, next week!

Please use my to-read-asap shelf - thanks!

message 8: by Carina (new)

Carina | 140 comments A. All Things Disney. Use fallpicks

Romanticbookworm | 285 comments Im in for option A. please use my pick for me shelf.

message 10: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1436 comments I guess I'll go Disney.

mng_picking

message 11: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3360 comments I'm in for Option B - 04-challenges-to-pick

message 12: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I'm in for "A"...Disney!!

Please pick from my On deck 4 chlges

message 13: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Oct 19, 2017 10:37AM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 387 comments I'm a "C"

the preferred shelf is:
next

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments I'm definitely option A.

My shelf to use:
PIFM

message 15: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 944 comments I am either an A or a B, so put me wherever you need me.

message 16: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments I'll have to go with A as Disney has released some Anime

Please pick from my Soonish shelf. :)

message 18: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1646 comments I'm going to say A, but that does not detract with my adulation for B too. I will take them all. :)

Current Challenge to Reads

message 19: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 1010 comments I'm in - A for me but I do enjoy the others too

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 449 comments A

message 21: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I'm in! (Private profile- happy to friend anyone who picks for me)

I will go with 'B', just because Madagascar was my daughter's favorite movie when she was young. I love it too.

PIFM shelf- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 22: by Snowflakemood (new)

Snowflakemood | 37 comments I'm in! C for me. Please pick books that are available for kindle.

message 23: by Madison ✨ (new)

Madison ✨ | 90 comments I’m in for A) Disney is everything great in this world!

Please pick at least one from my TBR-Owned shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 24: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments C please. A good shelf: 0-pifm

message 25: by Pamelia (new)

Pamelia | 7 comments B. I’m more of a Looney Tunes and Johnny Bravo girl.

message 26: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1047 comments Love the Disney!
And my preferred shelf PIFM

message 27: by Stacie (last edited Oct 22, 2017 10:17AM) (new)

Stacie (cowmingo) | 1207 comments B please! My shelf is pifm

message 28: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7120 comments I'm in, and most definitely an A...although there's some great stuff in 'B', too!

Please use my cant-wait-to-read shelf. Thanks!

message 29: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Oct 22, 2017 01:06PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Disney is everything great!
meet-greet

message 30: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2414 comments i'm in...and hell ya! Disney is everything great and wonderful in this world! =)
pick-shelf-owned

message 31: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments ☘KathyD☘ wrote: "i'm in...and hell ya! Disney is everything great and wonderful in this world! =)
pick-shelf-owned"

How did I know you would say that...? =P

message 32: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2414 comments MountainKat wrote: "☘KathyD☘ wrote: "i'm in...and hell ya! Disney is everything great and wonderful in this world! =)
pick-shelf-owned"

How did I know you would say that...? =P"

I have no idea...I swear I am not that transparent! ;)

message 33: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments Where is the like button?! (The only pictures I seem to take are at Disneyland...)

message 34: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments A. Disney is everything great in the world.

message 35: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2052 comments I'm in and I'm an A!!

message 36: by Sonja (last edited Oct 23, 2017 01:14PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1067 comments Woah I almost missed this one! Not that I've been very effective for this month, but hey... a girl's gotta read, right? :D

I'm in and I'm definitely an A!
description

Preferred shelf is on-deck-to-read They are ranked by top need-to-read....

message 38: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments Sorry for the delay - I lost track of time while shopping. Pairings coming up soon...

message 39: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "Sorry for the delay - I lost track of time while shopping. Pairings coming up soon..."

LOL, I thought signups were open until tomorrow! Talk about losing track of time...

message 40: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments MountainKat wrote: "Mary-Megan wrote: "Sorry for the delay - I lost track of time while shopping. Pairings coming up soon..."

LOL, I thought signups were open until tomorrow! Talk about losing track of time..."

You had me scared there for a second that I did it early...

Pairing and rules are up!

message 41: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Oct 23, 2017 09:32PM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 387 comments Snowflakemood
Mickey Mouse
- Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1) by Christina Lauren - MC head of a company, cover has just a man on it NEW

Minnie Mouse - Sugar Daddy (Sugar Bowl, #1) by Sawyer Bennett -cover with just a woman on it TBR

Goofy - Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren -humorous story TBR

Donald Duck - Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover -has a cover with a lot of blue TBR

Daisy Duck - Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1) by Rhys Ford
has a cover with a lot of purple NEW

Pluto - Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy
has a cover with a lot of yellow or green TBR

Chip ‘n’ Dale - Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1) by Eli Easton
has an opposites attract theme NEW

Mortimer Mouse - Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1) by J.J. McAvoy TBR
has a dark cover (blacks or browns)

message 42: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Hi Queen Bee!

Here are your picks. I hope you find something that looks good.....enjoy!

Mickey Mouse -
Shadow's Seduction- man on cover- tbr- great series!
Samson's Lovely Mortal- California setting- new

Minnie Mouse -cover with just a woman on it
Third Grave Dead Ahead- tbr- love this series!
If I Were You- new- I really like this sexy mystery series

Goofy -humorous story
Neanderthal Marries Human- tbr

Donald Duck - has a cover with a lot of blue
An Offer From a Gentleman- tbr- loved this series too!
In the Service of the King- new

Daisy Duck - island, water setting
Secrets on the Sand- new- sweet....and free on Amazon right now

Pluto - has a cover with a lot of yellow
Shadow Game- tbr- I've read quite a few in this series. Starts off strong and very absorbing

Chip ‘n’ Dale - mountain town setting
Barely Breathing- new

Mortimer Mouse- arrogant character and dark cover
Surviving Raine- tbr- I really liked this one!

Happy Reading!

message 43: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Hey Avid Reader & Geek Girl!
Hope you find something good to read for November.

1. Mickey Mouse
TBR: Like a Lover (man only cover)
New: Big Bad Beast (boss)
Like a Lover (Housemates, #2) by Jay Northcote Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) by Shelly Laurenston
2. Minnie Mouse
TBR: A Darker Shade of Magic (red)
New: Dark Currents (woman only cover)
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Dark Currents (Agent of Hel, #1) by Jacqueline Carey
3. Goofy
TBR: The Power (orange)
New: A Brother's Price (orange)
The Power by Naomi Alderman A Brother's Price by Wen Spencer
4. Donald Duck
TBR: A Court of Mist and Fury (blue)
New: Fortune's Pawn (soldier)
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1) by Rachel Bach
5. Daisy Duck
TBR: Dirty Secret (purple)
New: Remedial Rocket Science (purple)
Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2) by Rhys Ford Remedial Rocket Science by Susannah Nix
6. Pluto
TBR: Shopaholic and Sister (yellow)
New: The Unleashing (story features a very special dog)
Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4) by Sophie Kinsella The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1) by Shelly Laurenston
7. Chip 'n' Dale
TBR: The Girl In The Ice (mystery)
New: The Hating Game (opposites attract)
The Girl In The Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1) by Robert Bryndza The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
8. Mortimer Mouse
TBR: Dangerous Deception (black)
New: Resenting the Hero (arrogant character)
Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2) by Kami Garcia Resenting the Hero (Hero, #1) by Moira J. Moore

message 44: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2175 comments Nicole
Here are your picks. I hope you find something great to read!

Mickey Mouse -
✩TBR - The Negotiator (Boss/just a man)
✩New - Heat Exchange (Just a man)
The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1) by Avery Flynn Heat Exchange (Boston Fire, #1) by Shannon Stacey

Minnie Mouse -
✩TBR - Licked (just a woman)
✩New - Show No Mercy (red cover)
Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1) by Brooke Blaine Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1) by Cindy Gerard

Goofy -
✩TBR - Alex, Approximately (orange cover)
✩New - Kill Without Mercy (orange cover)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security, #1) by Alexandra Ivy

Donald Duck -
✩TBR - All or Nothing at All (trilogy/3 brothers)
✩New - The Next Always (Trilogy/3 brothers)
All or Nothing at All (Billionaire Builders, #3) by Jennifer Probst The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, #1) by Nora Roberts

Daisy Duck -
✩TBR - The Surprise (purple)
✩New - Lost and Found Sisters (water)
The Surprise by Alice Ward Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1) by Jill Shalvis

Pluto -
✩TBR - The Perfect Play (yellowish cover)
✩New - Extreme Honor (animals)
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1) by Piper J. Drake

Chip ‘n’ Dale -
✩TBR - HOT Addiction (suspense)
✩New: A Twist in Time (mystery)
HOT Addiction (Hostile Operations Team, #10) by Lynn Raye Harris A Twist in Time (Kendra Donovan, #2) by Julie McElwain

Mortimer Mouse -
✩TBR - Mr. President(dark cover)
✩New - Broken (dark cover)
Mr. President (White House, #1) by Katy Evans Broken (LOST, #1) by Cynthia Eden

Happy Reading!

message 45: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1436 comments Suzanne

We have tons of books in common so I really had to dig deep to find some new authors for you, so I hope you like them. Happy reading!

Mickey Mouse: Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks is a great series where a cop who has "null" magic finds out she is a soulmate of the 2nd of the local werewolf pack while investigating them. Catch of the Day by Marcia Evanick is the start of a sweet romance series set in a small town in Maine.

Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1) by Marcia Evanick

Minnie Mouse: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder has a great premise where the heroine is removed from jail and given the choice of execution or becoming the new poison tester. Really interesting world. Or check out what happens when a meek woman gets super speed in Ultra Violet by Ellen Henderson

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Ultra Violet by Ellen Henderson

Goofy: I love the kooky characters and situations in Jennifer Crusie books. These are two of my favorites, so you can't go wrong with either - Bet Me or Agnes and the Hitman. Just reading the summary of Bedeviled by Maureen Child so peak anyone's interest.

Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1) by Maureen Child

Donald Duck: Stuck In Shangri-La by Kasey Michaels is a cute story of ex's having to live together for a month to gain an inheritance. Check out the first book in the Ivory trilogy where Theo is stranded on a planet that is more magic than tech and ends up being a tarot card reader for a businessman in The Gate of Ivory

Stuck In Shangri-La by Kasey Michaels The Gate of Ivory (Ivory #1) by Doris Egan

Daisy Duck: Darcy and Harper moves to Enchanted Village where many of the residents are witch crafters (interesting twist on witches) and find out they have power as well in It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake. An oldie, but goodie - The Wizard of 4th Street by Simon Hawke takes place in a world where magic replaced technology when Merlin awoke and now certain people end up bound together to save the world.

It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1) by Heather Blake The Wizard of 4th Street by Simon Hawke

Pluto: I love Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, and the Elena/Clay books are by far my favorite so keep it going with Stolen by Kelley Armstrong. Morgan learns there are supernatural beings who are trying to acclimate to the human world and ends up being a helper there in My Life at the M.B.R.C. by K.M. Shea

Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong My Life at the M.B.R.C. (Magical Beings' Rehabilitation Center, #1) by K.M. Shea

Chip 'n' Dale - I love seeing the downsides of being a werewolf in the modern world in Howling at the Moon: Tales of an Urban Werewolf by Karen MacInerney and seeing her learn about herself and the pack. Check out a small town that is all about knitting and magic in Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton.

Howling at the Moon Tales of an Urban Werewolf by Karen MacInerney Casting Spells (Sugar Maple, #1) by Barbara Bretton

Mortimer Mouse: The beginning is a bit confusing as Nikki (and the reader) don't know what is going on, but the premise is really cool and the characters are interesting in Dark Descendant by Jenna Black. This book didn't go the way I expected (it was way more dark) - Easy Bake Coven by Liz Schulte

Dark Descendant (Nikki Glass, #1) by Jenna Black Easy Bake Coven (Easy Bake Coven, #1) by Liz Schulte

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 387 comments Heather wrote: "Hey Avid Reader & Geek Girl!
Hope you find something good to read for November.

1. Mickey Mouse
TBR: Like a Lover (man only cover)
New: Big Bad Beast (boss)
[bookcov..."

thank you for the picks, some of the new one's definitely sound interesting

message 47: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20286 comments Kristin, I started diving into your shelves tonight but I am not going to get your picks finished. Hopefully I can post them by tomorrow evening, but Wednesday should be the latest!

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "Nicole
Here are your picks. I hope you find something great to read!"

Thanks so much Mary-Megan! They look awesome.

message 49: by Snowflakemood (new)

Snowflakemood | 37 comments Avid Reader and Geek Girl wrote: "Snowflakemood
Mickey Mouse - Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1) by Christina Lauren- MC head of a company, cover has just a man on it NEW

Minnie Mouse - Sugar Daddy (Sugar Bowl, #1) by Sawyer Bennett-cover with just a woman o..."

Hi Avid Reader and Geek Girl, thank you for your picks!

message 50: by Snowflakemood (new)

Snowflakemood | 37 comments Heather wrote: "C please. A good shelf: 0-pifm"

Hi Heather,

here are my picks for you:

Mickey Mouse
✩A character that is the head of the company or works in business/A cover with just a man on it
Bossman by Vi Keeland by Vi Keeland - NEW
✩A cover with just a man on it
The Tutor by Bonnie Dee by Bonnie Dee - TBR

Minnie Mouse
✩A damsel in distress story / A cover with just a woman on it
The Painter's Daughter by Julie Klassen by Julie Klassen - TBR
✩A cover with a lot of red
Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1) by N.R. Walker by N.R. Walker - NEW

Goofy
✩A cover with a lot of orange
The Brightest Day A Juneteenth Historical Romance Anthology by Kianna Alexander by Kianna Alexander, Alyssa Cole, Lena Hart, Piper Huguley - TBR
Move the Sun (Signal Bend, #1) by Susan Fanetti by Susan Fanetti - NEW

Donald Duck
✩A group of three friends or siblings or a book in a trilogy
Gone for You (Wild Side, #1) by Riley Hart by Riley Hart - NEW
✩A story set during WWII or features a soldier
From Out in the Cold by L.A. Witt by L.A. Witt - TBR

Daisy Duck
✩A cover or book that takes place by water
Just This Once (Escape to New Zealand, #1) by Rosalind James by Rosalind James - TBR
Starfish and Coffee by Kele Moon by Kele Moon - NEW

Pluto
Recommend a book with:
✩An animal on the cover/A story that features animals
Jockeys and Jewels (Racetrack Romance, #3) by Bev Pettersen by Bev Pettersen - TBR
✩A story that features animals - shifters included
Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune by T.J. Klune - NEW

Chip ‘n’ Dale
✩A mystery/suspense plot
Spirited (Tidewater, #1) by Mary Behre by Mary Behre - TBR
✩An opposites attract theme
The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4) by Brittainy C. Cherry by Brittainy C. Cherry - NEW

Mortimer Mouse
✩A love triangle or a bad or evil ex
Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass Series, #1) by Kathleen Brooks by Kathleen Brooks - TBR
The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen by Sarina Bowen - TBR

We have a lot of books in common. I hope you can find a enjoyable read for this month's challenge!

« previous 1 3