You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Off Topic Chat > What have you made lately?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 900) (900 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Judy (last edited Oct 26, 2012 06:02AM) (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Have you created something that you would like to share with everyone else? Have you baked something luscious and want to post a picture so everyone else can drool over it? Have you written a poem, short story and would like to share it?

Here is your opportunity. Post and share your pictures for all to see.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Does this include decorating as well?

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments You bet, Kimberly, let's see what you did.

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Lol I've got nothing yet but I am going to be stenciling my bookcase this weekend hopefully. Plus I do believe I'll have a lot of stuff for the thread in the coming months because I've decided to go back to school to do a dressmaking and design course by correspondence.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Can't wait to see it all, Kimberly. I like stenciling, it makes rooms look so cozy. :-)

message 6: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Wow, Kimberly, dressmaking and designing sounds great!

message 7: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 8014 comments Where are Zombie Felties?

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments You're right Almeta. Where is AmyK? Those Toppler projects inspired the thread. Now all the creative people who visit YLTO can share their creativity.

message 9: by AmyK (last edited Oct 27, 2012 09:55PM) (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments OK OK ALREADY.......this cute little ducky was hanging out at a carnival shooting range when the zombie plague hit during toppler weeek

Zombie feltie ducky

And was reanimated into this:

Photobucket

I caught him and glued a magnet to his back and he is currently guarding my refrigerator from late night intruders. He bit a carny the very same day and as soon as he finishes crawling out of his grave I'll post a picture.

message 10: by AmyK (last edited Oct 28, 2012 03:11AM) (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Also, towards the beginning of October the neighbor and I tried our hand at cake pops for my son's birthday. They look so easy....and they were, although there were a few things we did wrong that we won't do again.

Photobucket
Photobucket

After all that we made chocolate covered pretzels with the leftover chocolate.........and sprinkles

Photobucket

message 11: by Almeta (last edited Oct 28, 2012 04:16AM) (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 8014 comments AmyK wrote: "OK OK ALREADY.......this cute little ducky was hanging out at a carnival shooting range when the zombie plague hit during toppler weeek..."

Aahhh, so now we know what happened to Moby Duck, Buddy Readers take note.

Adorable Amy.

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments
Aahhh, so now we know what happened to Moby Duck, Buddy Readers take note.

LOL!

Amy, that looks yummy! Happy b-day to your son.

message 13: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Oh yum, Amy, the pops look great.

message 14: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Almeta wrote: Aahhh, so now we know what happened to Mo..."

LOL Almeta.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Those cake pops look yummy and that ducky is cute too! Great job!

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29916 comments Don't be surprised if people from YLTO start knocking on your door, Amy! Yummy!!!

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Today I made Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Ruth Reichl's memoir Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise. What a delicious way to eat Brussel Sprouts! http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/use...

message 18: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 13072 comments Oh, Amanda, that looks so good! I adore Brussel Sprouts. I cannot get anyone in my family to eat them though, no matter HOW I cook them

message 19: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Amanda, I'm not a big fan of brussel sprouts, but those look YUMMY!

message 20: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments AmyK wrote: "OK OK ALREADY.......this cute little ducky was hanging out at a carnival shooting range when the zombie plague hit during toppler weeek

HI Amy... Looks Yummie.

I caught him and..."

AmyK wrote: "OK OK ALREADY.......this cute little ducky was hanging out at a carnival shooting range when the zombie plague hit during toppler weeek

I caught him and..."

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Cherie wrote: "Oh, Amanda, that looks so good! I adore Brussel Sprouts. I cannot get anyone in my family to eat them though, no matter HOW I cook them"

That's too bad because they're a delicious vegetable! I think I eat them pretty much every week.

message 22: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Well, I thought long and hard to figure out what i would like to share. I just made a little clutch-wallet for myself... Here you go, hope you all like it... Ok, so I loaded the photo in the griup already. But dont knwo how to attach to my comment for everyone to see . lol...Grhhh....Amy, can you tell me how to pull my uploaded pix in here? It is curently in the groups photo folder... It's called Jewel Clutch-wallet....Anyone?

message 23: by Almeta (last edited Oct 29, 2012 06:07PM) (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 8014 comments Fumi wrote: "Well, I thought long and hard to figure out what i would like to share. I just made a little clutch-wallet for myself... Here you go, hope you all like it... Ok, so I loaded the photo in the griup ..."

I can try to help. Where is the "Group Photo Folder", on the internet or on your personal computer?

So you have a Photobucket account?

message 24: by AmyK (last edited Oct 29, 2012 07:28PM) (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Fumi wrote: "Well, I thought long and hard to figure out what i would like to share. I just made a little clutch-wallet for myself... Here you go, hope you all like it... Ok, so I loaded the photo in the griup ..."

I use photobucket and upload my pics and use the html link to post it here.

message 25: by AmyK (last edited Oct 29, 2012 07:31PM) (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments Sometime in the next couple of days I'll post a pic of the scythe my mom (Cherie) made for my son's grim reaper costume. She did a pretty darn good job!

message 26: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Fumi wrote: "Well, I thought long and hard to figure out what i would like to share. I just made a little clutch-wallet for myself... Here you go, hope you all like it... Ok, so I loaded the photo in the griup ..."

Hi I see photo folder on this page. I was able to place it in there.. upper rigt hand corner. The pictire is still there. I will take teh advise with photobucket and see how that goes. Thanks for helping.

message 27: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Almeta wrote: "Fumi wrote: "Well, I thought long and hard to figure out what i would like to share. I just made a little clutch-wallet for myself... Here you go, hope you all like it... Ok, so I loaded the photo ..."

Thanks Amy. Will try that.

message 28: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29916 comments Fumi, if you click on the link above the comment box (some html is ok), it tells you how to post images in the thread.

The easiest way to do it is to upload your picture to Photobucket.com (free accounts), then copy the html code from there (contains "a href=").

message 29: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29916 comments I have copied Fumi's photo onto photobucket:

Photobucket

I have deleted the photo from the group's photo page as I don't feel that's the right place for it, whereas this thread is.

Your wallet is very beautiful, Fumi!

message 30: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments that is beautiful!!

message 31: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Hey Janice...

You are a life saver! Thank you so much. Thanks for helping to delete my photo where I originally posted it... I just wasn't sure. I am getting a hang of how our group works slowly but surely.

Amy et. al...I am humbled. Besides writing... I love to make accessories at my spare time... for "the characters in my head"....I know one of these days, they will be larger than life. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN --) So, getting ready for the "friends in my head" to blow up... Arh!

In the meantime, I am so glad I am finally able to share my passion with others outside of my head --)

Thanks Judy for coming up with this idea. It's helping this gal come out of her shell. lol

Fumi Hancock

message 32: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments You do beautiful work, Fumi. As my mom would say, snazzy.

message 33: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments That's beautiful, Fumi.

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Beautiful! Great job!

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Happy Halloween everyone! Hopefully I made enough cookies to go around:
Photobucket
Photobucket

message 36: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Amanda, Those are adorable! I am sure they are yummy, too!

message 37: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Fumi wrote: "Hey Janice...

You are a life saver! Thank you so much. Thanks for helping to delete my photo where I originally posted it... I just wasn't sure. I am getting a hang of how our group works slowly..."

Thanks Judy...Love laying around with my hands. lol

message 38: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Pragya wrote: "That's beautiful, Fumi."

Judy wrote: "You do beautiful work, Fumi. As my mom would say, snazzy."

Thanks Pragya. I'm humbled.

message 39: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Amanda wrote: "Beautiful! Great job!"

Thanks Amanda. And those cookies...well, if looking could make anyoone gain weight; I am on my way --)

message 40: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29916 comments Those cookies are amazing, Amanda!

message 41: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Fumi - the wallet's beautiful. I love the color!

Amanda - I am so jealous of Judy right now. Those cookies look cute and delicious.

message 42: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments And I'm ready to have some brussel sprouts and cake pops! I'm going to have to cook something from my cookbooks instead of just reading them :)

message 43: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments OOh, love the cookies, Amanda.

message 44: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments now i want some cookies

message 45: by Connie (Ava Catherine) (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:03AM) (new)

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Amanda wrote: "Today I made Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Ruth Reichl's memoir Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise. What a delicious way to eat Brussel Sprouts! http://s1311.beta.photobuc..."

Amanda, I used this recipe to cook brussels sprouts also, but I decided to only use one slice of bacon next time. It was very good, but we are not as accustomed to such a heavy meat flavor.
I also cooked her scalloped potatoes from the same book, and they were the BEST I have ever made, including my mother-in-law's recipe that has been handed down for generations.
I am determined to work through the recipes in her book.

message 46: by Connie (Ava Catherine) (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments Janice wrote: "I have copied Fumi's photo onto photo bucket
Your wallet is very ..."

Your wallet is lovely, Fumi! I cannot imagine how in the world you made something so beautiful! ; )

message 47: by Fumi (new)

Fumi Hancock (fumihancock) | 18 comments Hi Connie...Thanks for your comment. I k now... I never went to school for sedign but I see designs in my head and quickly draw them down; then try to make them.

Connie (Ava Catherine) | 4258 comments That is a remarkable talent. ; )

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 214 comments Thanks everybody!
@Connie: I had to cut down on the bacon too when I made it. I should have made a note of that when I posted it, but didn't think of it. I'll definitely have to try the scalloped potatoes one of these days. They sound like a tasty winter meal!

message 50: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29916 comments I might have something to post in this thread after the weekend. I'm going to a quilt retreat starting this afternoon. Yeah - 3-1/2 days of sewing and visiting. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18