Around the World discussion

closed topics > The Title Game

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Oct 30, 2011 10:51AM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Juliet, seizing her moment alone with Romeo, begged him to , "Fall on Your Knees, Hold Me Tight and Never Let Me Go.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Oh, Don't Look Now, she cried, Troubles coming.

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Juliet whispered, "A Stranger Is Watching. Quick, let's Hide.

message 5: by Janice (last edited Oct 30, 2011 12:03PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) Just then, they heard was sounded like a rumble from a Thunderhead. Instead it was an Explosion in a Cathedral nearby.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) They took their Nine Suitcases: A Memoir, ran out of the castle and saw that The War: A Memoir they'd been worrying about had begun.

message 7: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Oct 30, 2011 12:23PM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Juliet started to cry. Romeo told her not to behave like a A Damsel in Distress. "We have to get to The Hiding Place where The Kindly Ones will help us."

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo replied ,with great Indignation: " I think we should run with All Our Worldly Goods. I don't know about you, but I have A Rage to Live.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo: "it's a fine Midsummer Night with lots Twilight. I'm sure we can see well enough to evade The Hunters: A Novel.

message 10: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Juliet: Certainly The Tempest won't be tonight. There's a New Moon but the twilight casts Silver on the Tree. Look, Romeo, there's A Northern Light.

Romeo: A Beautiful Darkness. I call it The Eyes of the Dragon.

Juliet: Be Careful What You Wish For...!

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "I knew you were Someone to Run With. We'll go to My Uncle Napoleon: A Novel on our way to The Kindly Ones.

message 12: by Betty (last edited Oct 30, 2011 04:57PM) (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Romeo: Like You'd Understand, Anyway, Juliet, but I know The Importance of Being Earnest and have not Forgotten it. My uncle, A Wizard of Earthsea taught me where to find The Six Sacred Stones of The Maltese Falcon, who inhabits a dragon's nest and safeguards the Cold Mountain, the enchanted castle of the Kindly Ones. Before we get there, we must spend the Last Night in Twisted River, the most difficult of all because the Dragon's Nest is closeby. Remember, Juliet, the journey is all about The Magic of Believing. We must find your Uncle Napoleon, for he has the Key of Knowledge. We need it to Enter the Enchanted Castle.

message 13: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Oct 30, 2011 05:29PM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo, I am so full of Gratitude that you now sound so Fearless. We will go to My Uncle Napoleon: A Novel person if ever there was one. But I'm not sure about going to the enchanted castle because I saw Castles burning not long ago. But if you Abide with Me we can go to The House at Riverton.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Darling, Juliet said. I can still shoot. I have my new gun from The Gun Seller. And it as A Fine Balance. Once we are safe I will replace all of my clothes with 10,000 Dresses. Let's go now through the dark forest. I hear Birdsong. That is a very good sign.

message 15: by Betty (last edited Oct 30, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Romeo:
Hey, Wait..., Juliet. Prove It.

Juliet:
I take After You with the Pistol, Romeo. If I were a Blind Man with a Pistol, I would still hit The Target. The Golden Acorn shall be Proof.

When The Bough Breaks instead of the acorn dropping, Juliet attempts to shoot another one but hears Laughter in the Dark.

The Elf Queen of Shannara:
Hey, Good Looking, no one bites the The Golden Apples of the Sun nor takes One More Acorn. But, read the Circles in the Stream to know The Probable Future that is Beyond Good and Evil. Then you will know whether The Witch of Blackbird Pond has Spun By Sorcery a curse. It is a Grave Surprise, but Love Lifts the Curse.

Romeo and Juliet doubtfully observe the Creature.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Juliet tells Romeo: "Go on, the Elf Queen isn't going to hurt you. She's just bluffing. Step forward - You Gotta Have Balls: A Novel.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "Yes, Romeo. I do. I was just testing you. You know there are Ways of Escape from this old hag. If we hadn't been dawdling at this crossroad for so long we wouldn't be in this trouble now. Once we're In the Woods we can wait there until Daylight and then make our way to The Black Tower.

message 18: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) As if Touched by Angels, the blare of The Silver Whistle deafening the Night set in motion unearthly Strands of Starlight that activated the Illuminated Subtle Knife. Was this A Midsummer Night's Dream? The Blade Itself took The Shape of Water then The Shape of Snakes and The Shape Shifter herself, and a Kaleidoscope of The Shape of Things--The Ring, Jewels, and Dresses of Red and Gold--all Fine Things. Romeo and Juliet, fearing the Elf's Blood Promise, shivered, as the malleable, Cold Steel about to seize them took The Shape of Mercy. The ugly Elf Queen...

message 19: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Oct 31, 2011 08:29AM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) grew afraid of all these mysterious events. She ran off to Neverwhere, never to be seen again, Juliet started to do Arabesques: A Novel way to celebrate fending off the hag. She was singing Dance, Dance, Dance at the same time. Romeo began to lose his Patience. He grabbed her. Juliet, a Girl, Interrupted from her celebration was not happy, but she could see that they did need to finally get out of this crossroads and head for the The Black Tower.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo and Juliet were Mesmerized. They had never seen these men before but had heard of their powers.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) We haven't seen a Pretty Woman in so long. All we have to look at all day are goats. How would you like it? Hand her over now or you will go to An Early Grave.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) As Romeo readied his sword he whispered to Juliet, I hope you still have Deadly Aim. There are too many men to fight. As soon as I Take A Step To Murder these bloaks, you start to Shoot/Don't Shoot the nice goats.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo said, "Juliet, this is no time for your nonsense. Goats don't dance and there is no such thing as Zombies. Dark Imaginings. We are two Desperate Characters all on our own now. We must Run from here and get to Where the Red Fern Grows.

message 24: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Oct 31, 2011 10:27AM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Juliet was beginning to feel a lack of respect for her Private imaginings. She had thought that she could trust Romeo, but now she knew that she had No One to Trust. She told him, " I'm going to The Ladies' Paradise where no men exist. I may take a few of these cute goats with me. You just go Away or Fly Away Home. Anywhere, just Fade Away."

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "Well Romeo, for one thing[ they can't speak. But book:We Need to Talk About Kevin|80660]" Who's Kevin? asked Romeo. "Kevin is this very fine goat right here. He is a very special goat that Angels & Demons both fear.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo, you don't Believe the Plain Truth about this one goat, Kevin. I'm not talking about taking all of book:The Goats|526729]. Kevin will protect us on our way. Now, I've quite forgotten, where were we going? What was The Infinite Plan ?

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) But we don't need them anymore. I remember now, we were going to go to The House at Riverton. Romeo, Romeo where art thou?

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Oh Romeo, I thought you were different from other men. But you too are lost behind ]The Invisible Wall: A Love Story That Broke Barriers without a thought of me. That is not good For Love. If You Really Loved Me you wouldn't get so Lost In Space. Uh, oh. Quick, Let's Get Out of Here. And no, Kevin's special talent is not mind-reading.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo, you are so imaginative. He doesn't have any such Gifts. I just thought it would be nice to have Kevin along for company. Don't you think he's sweet? Just kidding. Kidding...get it? Kevin is very talented in one way -he can produce any kind of food whenever we like. I have to say, I have a Hunger for something sweet. Now, we'd better get some Water from the Well and put together some food. How about some Chocolat and Five Quarters of the Orange. I guess we'd better get some Meat. But you know what they say about meat: One Man's Meat is another man's Poison. Oh don't get so huffy, Romeo. Okay Kevin, produce Feast of Fools - you can surprise us.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) The Feast of the Goat was presented: It was A Moveable Feast so that Romeo and Juliet had to run, walk or crawl to each course. It was The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals; Many different kinds of meat and Vegetables, Fruits, Bread and Wine. For dessert there was Cakes and Ale, Berries and Ice Cream. Romeo and Juliet almost got in to an An Ice-Cream War over who would eat which flavor. Finally, they were sated. They lay down to rest, but while they lay dozing.....

message 31: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) ...There Came Both Mist And Snow and a young girl, Heidi, of the Swiss Alps, came downhill to eat Breakfast at Tiffany's, her ragtag, straggling herd of Goats scavenging and sniffing the snowy Rough Country to find tender bark and tasty leaves. Sheltering temporarily near where Juliet and Romeo were still groggy after their enjoying The Big Sleep, the goat girl gathered the frisky, wayward animals, calling out, Let's Count Goats!.

This startled the half-asleep Juliet, who had dreamt of A Wild Sheep Chase and still dreamily wondered Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Therefore, Juliet decided to Sleep No More. She found The Door in the Wall, making Secret Observations on the Goat-Girl, whose Goat Song drew the goats.

"Where Do You Come From?" called Juliet.

"Grandfather and I dwell On the Far Side of the Mountain, So Near Riverton."

Juliet's Sweet Lips formed the three syllables Ri-ver-ton; The Shining of her Bright Eyes, A New Hope, as Heidi counted Every Last One of the goats.

message 32: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 07:25AM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Heidi saw that Juliet was raving and cast off the spell of the Elf Queen. All was forgotten, only to be remembered as a A Midsummer Night's Dream. "Romeo," Juliet cried, Wake now. and Never Mind! about your clothes. I never liked that doublet, anyway. Wake Up, Sir! Look who has Come down the mountain. It's Heidi. She lives near The House at Riverton. We can all travel there together. " Romeo looks at Heidi pensively and remarks, " isn't she The Girl Who Played With Fire and burned down my uncle's Castle of Wizardry ? " No, No Romeo," Juliet exclaimed. You're confusing her with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." Oh yes, now I remember. What Troubles she caused. I'm not going anywhere with her.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Heidi suddenly became very Nervous and exclaimed, " I know who you are. You are Romeo and Juliet. I have read much about you. I beseech you not to go home. It is no Safe Haven. Only Strong Poison and Treachery in Death will you find there.

message 34: by Betty (last edited Nov 01, 2011 12:36PM) (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) And, Heidi replied, "I take Juliet's side. That fat bum of yours, Romeo, is an Absolute Liability.

Romeo didn't care too much that Heidi seemed unsympathetic. Romeo bristled because he had not The Unbearable Lightness of Being. But was he losing his Animal Attraction? Did not Juliet Truly, Madly, Deeply love him? It took Hard Times to make himself Thinner. He assumed Juliet knew A Good Man Is Hard to Find and Other Stories that made their romance as Tender is the Night. He hoped their romance would not end up a Shakespearean Tragedy.

"Maybe I shall make Juliet jealous; Then Again, Maybe I Won't." After sitting awhile to do further Meditations, he sighed, saying, "C'est La Vie. I'll forget my silly Pride and Prejudice, remember our Wonderful, Wonderful Times, and say Please, Baby, Please just watch me do the Exercises in Style of a Romeo. "Ready, Okay!," he exclaimed then repeatedly circled the house, doing some Creative Spinning each time he passed Juliet.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "Why Did You Do That?, Romeo yelled. " OUCH !! That hurt! I thought you wanted a Manly man. Okay, so you're Stronger than Sin. You have your masculine side and I have my feminine side. What Do Women Want?? I've tried and tried....

message 36: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) ...then addressed Romeo.

Juliet:
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, but what women, or men, want, ain't so important now. We'll really be Stronger Than Sin if we band together--you, Heidi, and me--to bypass the Trails of Treachery.

Romeo:
How Do You Know? She might be part of A Simple Plan to undo us.

Juliet:
Because Heidi broke the enchantment surrounding Kevin the goat. [Heidi plays [book:The Quiet Game|43993]]

Romeo:
You Fall for Anything. Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time I don't know. Just be aware of Who's Holding Your Ladder, Juliet.

Juliet:
Well, who else knows the territory west and East of the Mountains, observes The Remains of the Day, and hears its Midnight Whispers, While My Pretty One Sleeps and snores?

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Heidi exclaims to Juliet: "Love Him or Leave Him. It is your choice. We Women don't need men.

Juliet replies, "Heidi, you are so right. Let's Leave Him To Heaven other there by The Tree of Man.
Who know, Heidi, you really should write about your life and ideas."

"Oh I have, replied Heidi. I've written a play. It's called The Heidi Chronicles."

"Wow" enthused Juliet. You'll have to tell me all about it on our way to My Faraway Home: An American Family's WWII Tale of Adventure and Survival in the Jungles of the Philippines"

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) take Heidi's arm and walk Thirteen Steps Down to the The Well of Lost Plots. She and Heidi decide to jump in and go for an adventure.

Meanwhile, Romeo is nursing his Wounds wondering where he took a Wrong Turn. After much reflection he decides that to go after Heidi and Juliet. After all One Good Turn deserves another.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Once Romeo caught up with Heidi and Juliet they all realized that Nothing Is As It Seems in .The Well of Lost Plots. "Is that Mr. Darcy is see over there," screeched Juliet as she swooned. Heidi rushed over with Silver Salts to revive Juliet. Romeo, witnessing this scene, became a tad jealous.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Romeo yelled at Darcy: "There will be no Threesome for you Mr. Darcy Unless it's with you, Heidi and Elizabeth. Darcy suddenly looked around anxiously and exclaimed, "Where is My Fair Lady" She was just here. She's Already Gone. "I think she was worried about my bloodied cravat," he explained.

message 41: by Betty (last edited Nov 01, 2011 07:53PM) (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Mr. Darcy continued,
"Much Ado About Nothing. Now that The Lady Elizabeth is Here Today, Gone to Maui, we can play Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure, then I'm game. Hmm, which of you will Marry Me and be Thin, Rich, Pretty?"

Kevin the Beloved, bearded Capra hircus now alone went to find All Things Bright and Beautiful particularly a stem of Chrysanthemum, where Romeo was sitting Polishing the Diamond of The Golden Compass which he still Once and Always carried.

"There is No Problem a Bath Can't Fix," Kevin mused, kicking over a tub of well Water for Elephants and several Tub Toys. "No More Water in the Tub!," he announced as Romeo, Swim Swam Swum, Catching the Current, and building up speed to be The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope.

Meanwhile, Heidi, Juliet, and Mr Darcy continued their Adventure to think of 101 Ways to Transform Your Life by inventing Something Fresh and Something Wonderful.

message 42: by Chel (new)

Chel | 186 comments They invented The Time Machine.

message 43: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 07:59PM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) The boy who harnessed the wind let his electricity get Too Close to the Falls of water in Kevin's tub. Let's just say that The Weight of Water couldn't help Kevin now. What A Tale of a Tub that was. Let's just say it became The Feast of the Goat.

And the Sun-Kissed Duo used the time machine to find
The Time Traveler's Wife

message 44: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) "Lifted their Straw boaters"--
A Silent Greeting, or The Invitation to Enter the Enchanted, The Lost World of the The Accidental Time Machine, ultimately A Voyage for Madmen dedicated to finding Clare, the Kidnapped Time-Traveller's Wife, who inhabits Cold Comfort Farm even In the Bleak Midwinter.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "well, I'm not quite sure. The last thing I remember, I was Sailing Alone Around the World on Beagle when suddenly a Rising Storm could be seen coming at us. Well, naturally, I uh, selected the strongest Master and Commander to take charge of the ship. I went down to continue my work and the next thing I know, I hear 'Wake Up, Sir!' and I woke up to find myself here - Where am I?

message 46: by Anne (On semi-hiatus) (last edited Nov 02, 2011 07:36AM) (new)

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "Yo Juliet? Who am I? Romeo, I can see why you have such problems. She's the Queen of Babble. Definitely not the fittest of women And Ladies of the Club.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) *aside* "Geez, the dames here are Nuts. Note to self:
Cut out this Weed Species Heidi and her kind are an Endangered Species. Their Survival is of the utmost importance or Human race will become a bowl of
Mixed Nuts."
Hey Heidi. In the Mood for some mountain climbing? We need to find The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Do you know Where Is She Now? ?
She's My Only Hope: A True Story must be told about My Life and who Who I Am.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) "Lady Elizabeth, I've read so much about you. The book Darcy & Elizabeth : Nights and Days at Pemberley proved to me that you and your husband are the finest of the species. I'm quite sure that your offspring will be the same. Well, it looks like my guide Heidi is lost to me. How would you like to accompany me to find The Memory Keeper's Daughter? I think we should set off right away.

To Romeo, the strange man says This Is Where I Leave You: You must Prove It that you are worthy of any woman, Skinny Legs and All. Heidi is a fine Creature. Do Find Her.

And with that, the strange man and Elizabeth depart.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Heidi "Pssst, Juliet, over here. Behind Brighton Rock Thank Goodness You Dumped His Ass. That Romeo of yours is Worthless. You can do so much better. Come meet my friend Hans. He has nice Blonde hair, he's very strong; he's not a Wimp like Romeo.

Anne (On semi-hiatus) (reachannereach) Heidi: What are you talking about, Juliet? He's The Visible Man. He's also a Macho Man. He likes to Kiss the Girlsand he belongs to a Fight Club. He's a Ladies' Man and a man's man. What more do you want? And he's right over there.....

« previous 1