Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Page-to-screen > The Hunger Games!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,215 (1215 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

message 1: by ★ Jess (last edited Apr 09, 2011 09:08PM) (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Okay, so it is heavily rumored there will be a HUNGER GAMES MOVIE being released soon (ish). But as yet there is no director, so obviously not even a cast.
Now put yourself in the shoes of the Casting Agents.
Who would you choose to play each character?
Why? Why not?
Discuss choices here.

message 2: by ★ Jess (last edited Sep 10, 2010 02:27AM) (new)

For me, Ian Sommerhalder is the perfect Finnick:

description

[image error]

[image error]

description

And I think ROBERT DOWNEY JUNIOR would be a great Haymitch

[image error]

description

description

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia McCutchen (ireaduread) I agree, Robert Downey would be a reat Haymitch. :D

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Heavily rumored? Last I heard, they were in the process of finding a director (it was narrowed down to Gary Ross, Sam Mendes and David Slade.) I say NOOOOO to David Slade.
Moving on... :)

Someone on a Hunger Games site mentioned it, and I agree completely. Hugh Laurie could totally pull off Haymitch (he never would, though).

Other than that, I don't really have any preference. Saying no is easier. :P
Like, for instance, there are rumors that Chloe Moretz from Kick-*** is interested in the role of Katniss. No.

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

hahaha.
Chloe Mortez...No. Just no.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I think Alexandra Dadario would make a good Katniss, and I know that suggestion will probably be met with a lot of opposition. I didn't like her as Annabeth in Percy Jackson- her sort of stoic performance didnt fit the character at all- but the fiercer demeanor would work better for our Kat. Alex Pettyfer has always been Finnick for me, and I think if she was younger, the actress who played Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be a good Johanna Mason.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Chloe Mortez is kinda young for the role of Katniss. I think Kaya Scoledio( I don't know how you spell it) would make a good Katniss

message 8: by Jordan (last edited Sep 10, 2010 08:51PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Apparently, there are a few other potential directors...

http://mockingjay.net/2010/09/07/the-...

Yeah, Kaya Scodelario has come up a lot in discussions. I think she'd work. More than Chloe Moretz, at least...

message 9: by ★ Jess (last edited Sep 10, 2010 08:57PM) (new)

ANDREW ADAMSON!
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA!
I THINK HE SHOULD DIRECT IT!!!!!!!!!!

Scodelario.....yeah, maybe. That could work. As long as she gets rid of the English accent.

message 10: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Ian Sommerhalder is just nice to look at... *sigh*

I really don't know who I would cast, but I agree with RDJ as Haymitch.

message 11: by ★ Jess (new)

Yeah, I would love to see RDJ as Haymitch.
He would do an amazing job I think.

message 12: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I could totally see him doing an excellent job. He just has that personality that would fit the role perfectly.

message 13: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments *shivers* Alexandra.....*shakes head 'no' violently*

hmm.....maybe AnnaSophia Robb as someone? A Carreer maybe?

message 14: by ★ Jess (new)

hm...I disagree.
I wouldnt want well known actors being cast for the heck of it.
All the teenagers should be small names, or making their debut in the film.
The adults...some of them should be big names (RDJ) but not all.

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I think a big name should play Effie, as well... And probably Cinna. But I agree that the teens should be newer to the scene. And if we get ANY of the Twilight cast in there, I may throw a fit.

message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

If *anyone* from TWILIGHT appears in this, I will actually cry :)

Okay-This just popped into my head:
Michael Urie as Cinna.
Im not sure if it would work, but im just throwing it out there:

description

[image error]

[image error]

Dunno, just came to mind.
He plays that fasion designer in Ugly Betty

message 17: by Taylor (last edited Sep 11, 2010 10:19PM) (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I could definitely see that. Definitely.

The second photo is what did it for me.

message 18: by ★ Jess (new)

Yeah, looking at the second photo I think he could really do a solid job :)

May cast so far:
Robert Downey Jnr..............Haymitch Abernathy
Ian Sommerhalder...............Finnick Odair
Michael Urie......................Cinna

message 19: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I can almost see a few of the Glee cast members as Career tributes....

And can we cast this with ANYONE? Not just American actors?

message 20: by ★ Jess (new)

What do you mean not just American?
Of course anyone could have a role. They would just need to not have a thick accent.

message 21: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Well, it seems to me (I'm not sure why.... Maybe it's cuz Panem was North America) that it would be made in the US. But I'm far more partial to British actors. And British movies, come to think of it.

In that case, I almost want to cast Emma Thompson as Effie. I know she's a bigger name, but she seems to be able to pull off any role that's thrown at her quite well, and for some reason that's how I always pictured Effie.

message 22: by ★ Jess (new)

hmmmm.....Maybe.
Im not sure about that one.
She is a terrific actor, no doubt, but im not sure about that.
I am not disagreeing, but im not agreeing either.

I always imagined Effie looking a bit like Umbrige, but with pink hair.
But i wouldnt like her cast as Effie.

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I'm not a huge Imelda Staunton (Umbridge) fan, myself... Although I've only seen her in two films.

I am not sure about Thompson, either... Just a thought. I sort of pictured Effie as older, trying to look young.

message 24: by ★ Jess (new)

Ive only seen Staunton in a few films myself.
I dont think she would be good for the role, but when imagining Effie she did come to mind.

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I could certainly see where you're coming from on that.

She also seems to have this ditzy blonde quality to her... Or at least, that's Katniss' perception of her.

message 26: by ★ Jess (new)

Kay, so I made the following when I was bored

description

description

description

message 27: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments who's the actress for Katniss? cause i can see the others. lolz

message 28: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments omg i agree w/ whoever said robert downey jr should b haymich!! that is so perfect

message 29: by Jordan (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:09PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Ran across this today... (thank Mockingjay.net again). And it seems that Gary Ross is in negotiations to direct.

[image error]

message 30: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I could see Kristen Chenowith as Effie. But how did Hugh Laurie beat out RDJ as Haymitch?!

message 31: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments kristen would b a good effie!
and i agree w/ taylor...how was RDJ the runner-up??

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Harries Kristin as Effie! I would love to see that adorable lady with pink hair :)

Hmm but I don't get the whole Alex Pettyfer as Peeta thing.. Has everybody seen photos of him lately? He just doesn't have the... roundness, or boyishness that Peeta has, (but that's just my opinion I guess). Hunter Parrish as Peeta yes yes yes yes yes please :)

Kaya as Katniss definitely!

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) eww NO for Alex Pettyfer being Peeta. Alex is the one that everyone wants to be Jace, which I think is a better casting. Peeta's supposed to be innocent and sweet and stuff, and Alex kinda has that "I'm gonna take advantage of you like a used car salesman" look.

HUGH LAURIE for Haymitch all the way!
RDJ doesn't look sallow-faced and binge-drinker enough (now) for Haymitch. Hugh Laurie, based on his mannerisms from HOUSE, just looks like a drunk. Lol.

I'd like to have an unknown as Katniss, someone who could give an original performance without being compared to her other work. I also always imagined Katniss and Gale as blonde and Peeta as dark-haired, but I'm probably the odd one out on that one :P

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "eww NO for Alex Pettyfer being Peeta. Alex is the one that everyone wants to be Jace, which I think is a better casting. Peeta's supposed to be innocent and sweet and stuff, and Alex kinda has that "I'm gonna take advantage of you like a used car salesman" look."

YES, YES, YES. Amelia, that's a perfect description. And hilarious, too.

message 35: by Rose (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 330 comments ALEX PETTYFER FOR PEEEEETA!

message 36: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Anybody watch Glee? It aired last night, and there's a new character, played by a guy named Chord Overstreet. The whole time I was watching, I was thinking "That's Peeta!"

message 37: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I so agree about Robert Downey Jr as Haymitch!!

message 38: by Rose (new)

Rose (rose_b) | 330 comments Jordan wrote: "Anybody watch Glee? It aired last night, and there's a new character, played by a guy named Chord Overstreet. The whole time I was watching, I was thinking "That's Peeta!""

That's what my sister said!

message 39: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments haha i can see him as peeta...i dont think he's perfect but he's pretty close

message 40: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments OKay, I can totally see Georgie Henely as Prim....and she's not a HUGE star so she won't do terribly.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) I just can't think of anybody good enough/cute enough to play Peeta.
:S

message 42: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 210 comments I could kinda see Alex Pettyfer as Gale, but maybe Gaspard Ulliel would be better ??? I dunno

message 43: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I think Alex Pettyfer is more of a Gale than a peeta..

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Harries Jeannie wrote: "I think Alex Pettyfer is more of a Gale than a peeta.."

It's all about the angles of the face.. and his height. Pettyfer is too manly and old-looking to be Peeta.

message 45: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I definitely think Alex Pettyfer would make a better Gale than he would Peeta... He's too.... I think Sandy used the right word with "manly", to be Peeta. Peeta not only needs to be maybe a little chubby, but he needs to have some more feminine qualities to him, I think...

message 46: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments Rae*The Ultimate Percabeth Fan* wrote: "OKay, I can totally see Georgie Henely as Prim....and she's not a HUGE star so she won't do terribly."

i agree!!

message 47: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments :)

message 48: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) I agree with Sandy and Taylor some how I think Peeta has a more boyish face and Alex is just not like that...

message 49: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) [image error] He is such a Gale!!

message 50: by ★ Jess (new)

Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "eww NO for Alex Pettyfer being Peeta. Alex is the one that everyone wants to be Jace, which I think is a better casting. Peeta's supposed to be innocent and sweet and stuff, and Alex kinda has that..."

Amelia, I toatlly agree with the Alex Pettyfer thing.
But I also think that Kaya is perfect for Katniss (Ive never heard of her before) and that RDJ is an exceptional choice for Haymitch.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25