Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Team Sloth

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,104 (2104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:32AM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:32AM) (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 08, 2019 04:51AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31350 comments Mod
Avarice Mini-Challenge Bingo Cards

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 6: by Eldarwen (last edited Dec 14, 2019 09:42AM) (new)

Eldarwen | 10346 comments Mod
All About Sinful Towers

RULES

Final Countdown

=============

Member Shelves

Eldarwen
Melinda
Eni
Gemma
Jammin Jenny
Joy
Melissa
Nicole P
Rachel
Snowtulip
Stacie
Vianvamp

message 7: by Eldarwen (last edited Dec 01, 2019 10:19AM) (new)

reserved

message 8: by Eldarwen (new)

Reserved

message 9: by Melindam (last edited Oct 05, 2019 02:46AM) (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments description

PRACTICAL COLOUR COVER Guide

The general agreement on colours is that
1. we use our eyes and common sense
2. in borderline cases (purple or pink... etc) we put it to the Captain's group for decision.
TINEYE IS BANNED FROM THIS CHALLENGE. :)

message 11: by Melindam (last edited Oct 07, 2019 01:17AM) (new)

message 12: by Eldarwen (new)

Hello Hello fellow Sloth-ers!!

Aren't we an adorable bunch? :-D

I know, totally cute!

While we're lazing around until the challenge starts, please swing by here to get to know your team. When you do, please link your challenge shelf.

Melindam and I will be your captain for these sinful Towers and we're the slothful kind. Apparently ;-)

Please read through the rules carefully. If you're unsure on something, please read them again. Then, if you have questions, feel free to ask here and we will do our best to make things as clear to you as possible. Most of you are team challenge veterans, so you know the drill :-)

Most importantly: choose your books wisely, grasshoppers sloths and have fun!!

message 13: by Bookworm_gem (new)

Bookworm_gem  (gembear) | 297 comments hi team. cant wait to start. this will be my first tower teams so I might need a bit of guidance :)

message 14: by Eldarwen (new)

Gemma wrote: "hi team. cant wait to start. this will be my first tower teams so I might need a bit of guidance :)"

Not to worry, we're here for you!
And you'll see that Tower Teams is easy peasy :-)

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments Hi everybody! This is my first tower teams as well. I don’t know whether to be scared or excited! But with all the talk about it, I had to join.

Here’s a link to my tower teams shelf:

tt-vii

message 16: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Hi everyone. Tower Teams veteran here. So glad to be on team Sloth - it's one of my favorite sins.

Link to my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments Hey everyone. This is my 2nd time participating in Tower Teams. Looking forward to it.

My shelf: 2019 Tower VII Seven Deadly Sins

message 18: by Snowtulip (new)

Snowtulip | 4550 comments description

Hi Team, I'm so excited for another TT :D . Great to see some new faces and some old friends!

Shelf: tt-2019

message 19: by Eldarwen (new)

Snowtulip :-))))

Long time no see! Hope you're well!

Just as a general fyi, Stacie is currently on a trip until the 20th, so she'll pop in once she's back.

message 20: by Eldarwen (new)

Hello and welcome everyone, and thanks for all the shelf links :-)

message 21: by Melindam (last edited Sep 19, 2019 01:04AM) (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments description

Hello Everyone in Blue Team Sloth! :)

description

I am very excited for this challenge to start. This is my 3rd TT challenge, but my 1st as co-captain. :)

Melinda's TT7 shelf

message 22: by Melindam (last edited Sep 19, 2019 05:12AM) (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Even though I never played/read with any of you in the same Team before, the Veterans' names are familiar from former TT and UNO and other challenges.

Gemma, Melissa, no worries!

We can safely promise you that it will be a lot of fun and every new challenge presents us all with a learning curve.

On a practical note, please study the rules and if you have questions, just shoot and we can sort it out now or along the way.

We are under Eldarwen's guidance, so no fear... just a crazy ride....

UMMM... RIGHT, E.? :)

message 23: by Eldarwen (new)

Absolutely, absolutely!

Just a bit of a crazy ride.... ;-)

message 24: by Melindam (last edited Sep 19, 2019 05:11AM) (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments YAAAAYYY!

description

message 25: by Eldarwen (new)

Hahahah :-))

message 26: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments :)

I am scouring my bookshelves for possible sin-bingo books .. not THAT easy, but I won't give up!!!

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments I'll be spending some time this weekend looking for sin-bingo books. Can't wait to start!

message 28: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Nicole ...and ALL,

if you find anything that works, just post them to the thread, please!

message 29: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 7340 comments Mod
Wilder Girls by Rory Power is an Envy Bingo! (Alysa's read it already - Ira) and a BOM...

message 30: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Thanks Cat. Much appreciated. :)

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments I have a question, when it says it has to show up on the first page of the top shelves, does that mean on the main page where you have the cover of the book and all the info about the book? Or when you tap more shelves and it brings you to the first page of “top shelves” and there are about 100 top shelves?

message 32: by Eldarwen (new)

Melissa wrote: "I have a question, when it says it has to show up on the first page of the top shelves, does that mean on the main page where you have the cover of the book and all the info about the book? Or when you tap more shelves and it brings you to the first page of “top shelves” and there are about 100 top shelves?"

The second option. :-)

(Just for future reference, if only the shelves mentioned on the book's page are considered, it's generally referred to as MPG - Main Page Genre.)

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments Eldarwen wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I have a question, when it says it has to show up on the first page of the top shelves, does that mean on the main page where you have the cover of the book and all the info about t..."

Gotcha! I always wondered what MPG was :)

I think I found a bingo for Pride.
The Testaments (The Handmaid's Tale, #2) by Margaret Atwood

-59.3% violet
-Top shelf contemporary
-won Booker Prize for Shortlist and Scotiabank Giller Prize

I preordered and have not had a chance to read it yet so o will save it for TT

message 34: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments Or should I delete that in case somebody is looking at our chat?

message 35: by Eldarwen (new)

Melissa wrote: "Or should I delete that in case somebody is looking at our chat?"

No worries, there'll be tons of snooping going on, yes, but captains are operating on a "let's be nice to each other" policy, so you can leave it ;-)

message 36: by Eldarwen (new)

But seriously, that's violet? I always thought it was blue haha. But I haven't actually held a book in my hands yet, so I have no idea what it looks like in real life.

message 37: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments I was kidding, lol. I thought it was blue too! I only have the kindle version but that’s what tineye says.

message 38: by Melindam (last edited Sep 19, 2019 06:59AM) (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Melissa wrote: "Eldarwen wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I have a question, when it says it has to show up on the first page of the top shelves, does that mean on the main page where you have the cover of the book and all..."

Thanks Melissa, though I fear this is one of those covers that might prove tricky. I also see it as blue, not as violet. :(

But this leads me to the PRACTICAL COLOUR COVER issue.

What the general agreement on colours is that

1. we use our eyes and common sense

2. in borderline cases (purple or pink... etc) and to decide on percentage, we use tineye

3. if it's still questionable, we put it to the Captain's group for decision.

message 39: by Eldarwen (new)

Melissa wrote: "I was kidding, lol."

In some challenges that might really be an issue haha ;-)

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 247 comments Melindam wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Eldarwen wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I have a question, when it says it has to show up on the first page of the top shelves, does that mean on the main page where you have the cover

You sure it can’f Be all of our computer monitors/phones making it look blue, ha ha! Well, at least it can still get points for being over 50% a single color or for genre.

message 41: by Joy (new)

Joy | 281 comments Hey all! This is my third tower teams, though I had to drop out of my team last year for personal reasons. I'm hoping to finish strong this year!

My shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I just moved into a new apt, so I'm hoping to get all my books unpacked and organized for maximum points before the end of the month.

message 42: by Eldarwen (new)

That is quite the endeavour, Joy haha. But a wonderful thing to do! I loved unpacking and organising my books when I moved :-)

message 43: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Me Tooooooo!

message 44: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Going to try and find some sin bingo books this weekend. When does the challenge actually start?

message 45: by Bookworm_gem (new)

Bookworm_gem  (gembear) | 297 comments my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

just to let you know now (i did mention to mods when signing up) i'll be on holiday from 1st to 16th Oct, i'll be reading and Wifi dependent can check in a bit...just dont want you removing me from the team if i go quiet right at the start!

message 46: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Nevermind my question about start date

When: Starts October 7th, at 7 AM Sydney Australia (AEST) and goes for 10 weeks, ending on December 16th.

I was just being slothful not looking it up

message 47: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Thanks for the heads-up, Gemma.

message 48: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3145 comments Love the gif, Jenny. :D

message 49: by Joy (new)

Joy | 281 comments I'm excited about the new apartment because I finally have room for a bookshelf. Since college all my books have been sitting in closets or in huge stacks on my dresser or on the floor.

I was pleased when I found out I was on Team Sloth for the opportunity to look up sloth pics and gifs.

https://tenor.com/view/animals-sloth-...

message 50: by Snowtulip (new)

Snowtulip | 4550 comments All these sloth photos make me so happy, they are sooo cute!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43