All About Books discussion

General Discussion > What are you doing right now? Part 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,180 (2180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 43 44

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The original 'What are you doing right now' thread can be found here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please continue conversations on this shiny new thread :)

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Just in case anyone was wondering, GR sometimes has trouble when a thread gets too big. So we are "starting over", though continuing disussions from the prior thread are welcome.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Happy belated birthday Greg! Sounds like you had a good time :)

message 4: by Esther (last edited Oct 16, 2017 10:48AM) (new)

Esther (eshchory) | 1314 comments Right now I am trying to get the laundry done so we have some clothes to pack for our trip.
This week it feels like winter is really here as we have been leaving the house in darkness and I was so cold yesterday evening on my commute I took a light fleece with me this morning.
I work quite a distance from home but DH works closer and early afternoon he phoned to say they had had torrential rain for 3 hours and our local town was flooded. There was even hail and we made the news!
It was drier by the time I came home but there were large puddles everywhere!

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice Poon (alice_poon) Greg, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I like Taiwanese food too! Most of my cousins (I have 14 of them, in North America and Hong Kong!) will be having a reunion in Taiwan this November. I'll miss it since I'm having my book launch on November 15!

message 6: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11958 comments Mod
Happy belated birthday Greg, hope you had a lovely day.

message 7: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 461 comments Happy belated birthday, Greg!

message 8: by Greg (last edited Oct 16, 2017 12:20PM) (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Thanks Leslie, Alice, Alannah, and Nichole.

I thought of you when I went there Alice! I bet you could've given us tips on what to order. :)

message 9: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Esther wrote: "Right now I am trying to get the laundry done so we have some clothes to pack for our trip.
This week it feels like winter is really here as we have been leaving the house in darkness and I was so..."

Wow Esther, sounds like some bad weather conditions. Glad your DH is ok.

I remember many years ago in my 20's having a sudden hailstorm kick up while I was on a rollercoaster. Ouch! Hail seems so strange to me - I'm used to snow from my childhood in Illinois, but hail still can be a little freaky!

message 10: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Glad you had a good birthday, Greg, My best wishes for the day.

message 11: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) | 1314 comments Greg wrote: "Esther wrote: "Right now I am trying to get the laundry done so we have some clothes to pack for our trip.
This week it feels like winter is really here as we have been leaving the house in darkne..."

Once I was taking my daughter to ballet class by bus. When we left the house it looked fine so both of us were in light jackets. Just before we got to te class it started to hail. The hail was the size of large marbles and was falling so violently we could't walk through it. We huddled under a canvas awning as the temps dropped by about 10C and it was quite scary.
After about 15mins the storm moved on but there was so much hail it covered the pavement and in order to move we had to 'skate' on top like we were at an ice rink!

For about 6 months in Summer here it is just sun, sun and more sun but in the 'transitional' seasons the weather is crazy.

message 12: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
B the BookAddict wrote: "Glad you had a good birthday, Greg, My best wishes for the day."

Thanks Bette! :)

message 13: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Esther wrote: "Greg wrote: "Esther wrote: "Right now I am trying to get the laundry done so we have some clothes to pack for our trip.
This week it feels like winter is really here as we have been leaving the ho..."

That sounds like an adventure Esther!

message 14: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Here it's nearly 8 am and I'm awake since 4:30 am. I had a kind of nightmare in which my son made me really very angry. Though it was only a dream I'm upset with him, lol.
It happens often to me and I was curious to know if it happens also to someone else, when in a dream a person you know upsets you so much that for the whole next day you are angry with this (not guilty) person.

message 15: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
dely wrote: "Here it's nearly 8 am and I'm awake since 4:30 am. I had a kind of nightmare in which my son made me really very angry. Though it was only a dream I'm upset with him, lol.
It happens often to me an..."

Haha, I don't think I've had that happen, but I have had it happen that someone really upsets me in an argument and after I've forgiven it and moved on, I suffer a handful of dream replays even more dramatic than what really happened over the following days. :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I have definitely have that! I usually have horrible dreams about my boyfriend being awful despite him being completely not awful in real life. I've been very annoyed at him in the past for no reason!

message 17: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments dely wrote: "Here it's nearly 8 am and I'm awake since 4:30 am. I had a kind of nightmare in which my son made me really very angry. Though it was only a dream I'm upset with him, lol.
It happens often to me an..."

I wonder if you are unconsciously angry at or upset with him for going away so in your dream you created a reason to be angry, as your conscious mind knows that his going away is not a reason to be mad. But probably I am just talking Freudian gibberish...

message 18: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Greg wrote: "Haha, I don't think I've had that happen, but I have had it happen that someone really upsets me in an argument and after I've forgiven it and moved on, I suffer a handful of dream replays even more dramatic than what really happened over the following days. :)"

Maybe this is even worse because it's a repetition of a stressful moment.

Lol, Leslie, this is interesting :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Your birthday celebration sounds great, Greg! Belated best wishes.

It's getting towards late afternoon on a beautiful fall day--mild temps, sunny, nice breeze. I've spent the afternoon doing laundry and catching up here. Husband will be home in about an hour, so I'm thinking about dinner. It's been a very relaxing day. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist to see if he can help with some longstanding issues. I'm dreading the tests he'll want to do.

message 20: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Terri, good luck with the tests ! Hope you can get some help with the issues you’re having.

message 21: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Terri wrote: "Your birthday celebration sounds great, Greg! Belated best wishes.

It's getting towards late afternoon on a beautiful fall day--mild temps, sunny, nice breeze. I've spent the afternoon doing laund..."

Thanks Terri, and best of luck with the tests! I have some longstanding GI issues too - a real nuisance, but they don't appear to be too serious in my case; at least I'm still kicking! :)

message 22: by Alice (new)

Alice Poon (alice_poon) Terri wrote: "Your birthday celebration sounds great, Greg! Belated best wishes.

It's getting towards late afternoon on a beautiful fall day--mild temps, sunny, nice breeze. I've spent the afternoon doing laund..."

Terri, hope the tests will go smoothly and will help solving issues.

message 23: by Joan (new)

Joan Just glad to be home after 4 hours at the emergency animal clinic. I’m exhausted, one a.m. is way past my bed time. Although I’m still not sure what is wrong with my cat, at least I now know it’s not an emergency. Off to the regular vet tomorrow.

There was a huge mastiff there with flatulence - OMG!

message 24: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Joan wrote: "Just glad to be home after 4 hours at the emergency animal clinic. I’m exhausted, one a.m. is way past my bed time. Although I’m still not sure what is wrong with my cat, at least I now know it’s n..."

Lol, about the mastiff :D

I hope everything will be ok with your cat. Mine was for me like my little girl.

message 25: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Terri wrote: "Your birthday celebration sounds great, Greg! Belated best wishes.

I hope everything will be ok, Terri. Last year I had to go too, to do an EGD and it wasn't painful or terrible. But maybe you have to do something else, I don't know.

message 26: by dely (last edited Oct 19, 2017 01:13AM) (new)

dely | 5214 comments It's 10 am and I will go out for a walk. Yesterday I have seen my bricklayer (yes, always for my terrace, argh!) and he is renewing a church and asked me if I wanted carpets or other stuff they are bringing out of the church. Lol, I asked if he was plundering a church because I really wonder why a priest would give away such things. Even if he renews the church, statues and the like should be placed again in the church. So I want to take a walk to this church to see what is going on, lol.

message 27: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Joan wrote: "Just glad to be home after 4 hours at the emergency animal clinic. I’m exhausted, one a.m. is way past my bed time. Although I’m still not sure what is wrong with my cat, at least I now know it’s n..."

Haha about the mastiff Joan. :) But much more importantly, I hope your cat is okay and that they figure out whatever is wrong quickly. I get so much love from my cat - I just don't know what I would do without him!

message 28: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
dely wrote: "It's 10 am and I will go out for a walk. Yesterday I have seen my bricklayer (yes, always for my terrace, argh!) and he is renewing a church and asked me if I wanted carpets or other stuff they are..."

haha, I hope he is reputible dely! :)

message 29: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 461 comments Right now, I am relaxing in my office. Reading my book. Enjoying the rare silence.

message 30: by Joan (last edited Oct 19, 2017 11:40AM) (new)

Joan Greg wrote: "Joan wrote: "Just glad to be home after 4 hours at the emergency animal clinic. I’m exhausted, one a.m. is way past my bed time. Although I’m still not sure what is wrong with my cat, at least I no..."

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Sadly, our little cat, Tiller, died - she was tiny but ferocious.
Tiller 2004-2017

message 31: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Terri, good luck with the GI medical investigations. I've always found they are rarely easy or dignified.

message 32: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Joan wrote: "Greg wrote: "Joan wrote: "Just glad to be home after 4 hours at the emergency animal clinic. I’m exhausted, one a.m. is way past my bed time. Although I’m still not sure what is wrong with my cat, ..."

What an adorable picture Joan! I'm so very sorry to hear about little Tiller. It's heartbreaking to lose pets that give us the gift of their innocent love. My heart goes out to you and your family.

message 33: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments Oh Joan, such sad news! He looks adorable in the picture. My heart goes out to you and your family.

message 34: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments It's a little after 7 p.m. here in New England and I am putting in the time until Jeopardy starts checking in here.

I made a pot of tortilla soup yesterday so tonight's dinner was easy, just reheating it and getting the toppings and roll ready :). I love it when that happens!

message 35: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Joan, so sorry to hear about your loss :-( It is so hard to lose a pet because they are part of our family.

message 36: by Greg (last edited Oct 20, 2017 06:15AM) (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
Leslie wrote: "It's a little after 7 p.m. here in New England and I am putting in the time until Jeopardy starts checking in here.

I made a pot of tortilla soup yesterday so tonight's dinner was easy, just rehe..."

Tortilla soup sounds good Leslie! Enjoy!

I also love albondigas soup.

message 37: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) Joan, so sorry about your beautiful cat! To me, pets are family members in their own right, so I know how horrible it is when they pass away. Big hugs to you.

Terri, I've just read about your tests, I hope they turned out okay. Let us know, if you feel like doing so.

message 38: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 700 comments Joan, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Hugs. : (

message 39: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Joan, thinking of you . So sorry.

message 40: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments I have added again the pic of my cat in my profile. It went lost when GR deleted by mistake my account. But reading about Tiller made me think that my beloved cat deserves a place also here seen that I always had her on my lap while reading.
Joan, it won't be easy. Though my cat died 5 years ago, I think about her every day and I miss her really a lot. Sometimes I start crying because of how much I miss her.

message 41: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Joan, I am so sorry about little Tiller. Sadly, sometimes vets cannot predict an outcome and nature takes over. I know you will have loved Tiller as a real member of your family and will be feeling the loss.

message 42: by Joan (new)

Joan Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Today is such a beautiful day that I’ve been working in the garden. Our two remaining cats seem to be going out of their way to be silly and distracting as I work.

Tiller was a 5 pound tyrant dictator, so I am wondering what will happen with the feline hierarchy now.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry to hear about Tiller, Joan

message 44: by Joan (new)

Joan dely wrote: "I have added again the pic of my cat in my profile. It went lost when GR deleted by mistake my account. But reading about Tiller made me think that my beloved cat deserves a place also here seen th..."

Beautiful cat Dely, he must have been a great buddy.

message 45: by Alice (new)

Alice Poon (alice_poon) Sorry to hear about your cat, Joan.

message 46: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments She's gorgeous, dely.

message 47: by Greg (new)

Greg | 7684 comments Mod
B the BookAddict wrote: "She's gorgeous, dely."

Yes, indeed! :)

message 48: by dely (new)

dely | 5214 comments Thanks Joan, Bette and Greg.

Joan, above all because she died a couple of months before turning 18 and these are a lot of years we shared together.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Joan, my sympathy for your loss. Pets can be so important.

Dely, beautiful photo!

It's midafternoon on a rainy, windy day in the 40sF/4sC. I had to cancel a dentist appt. this morning because I was sick. No big deal to reschedule. The GI tests are all scheduled for early December, so I have a long time to dread them. (lol) Feeling better than at 6am, so I'm spending some time here. Larry took the day off, so I have some unexpected afternoon company.

message 50: by Joan (new)

Joan Terri,
How nice that your husband came home early. Sounds like a sweet afternoon for you - as in the Irving Berlin classic. I hope you have many more to distract you from the impending tests.

“What do I care how much it may storm?
I've got my love to keep me warm”

https://youtu.be/OYQMG_Ou27Y Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 43 44