The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > July 2017 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 101) (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jun 11, 2017 04:46AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4496 comments Mod
description

JULY 2017 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:

Please post your shelves. NO COMMENTS in this thread please, during the posting phase. After I post the pairings, it will add a link to the shelf, and then you can add discussion comments.

How It Will Work:
1) Please only post no more than 10 books that you would like to read this month.
*I would say minimum 4 books.

2) An assigned person will pick TWO BOOKS from your post series.

3) The assigned person will also recommend ONE MORE book from a Genre of your choice. It is a good idea to give your picker some inspiration by linking to a shelf of books you have in that genre you might want to read!! (See Mod Trea's Post in Message 6 for an example!!)

4) You have one month: JULY 2017 to try to read one of the chosen books. You can read both or all three if you would like, but if you don't read your book this month, it's okay because this challenge is for YOUR ENJOYMENT!!

5) Please try to select for your pair ASAP as we all get excited and waiting is torture to some. Please make a separate post in the thread when you pick for your pair, letting them know what you've picked! FAILURE TO PICK FOR YOUR PARTNER WILL BE NOTED!

6) After you have made your selections, please return to your original bookshelf and update that shelf with the books your chose and the ones chosen for you. FAILURE TO UPDATE YOUR ORIGINAL POST WILL BE NOTED!

7) DO NOT SIGN UP if:

A. You do not think you will remember to pick for your pair on time. It's both unfair and a hassle for people to keep waiting for a pick.

B. If you do not plan to return and update your original post with both the books you picked and the books picked for you. Just please don't sign up, as you make more work for the mod running this challenge.

8)THREE FAILURES IN A ROW OF ANY KIND WILL RESULT IN NOT BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE FOR THE NEXT MONTH!

TIMELINE:
JUNE 15-21, 2017: Participants will Post their shelves
*If you do not list a shelf, I will not pair you with anyone
***Cut off on JUNE 21: 9:30am EST(8:30am CST)

JUNE 21-26: Pairs will be posted & then Selection of books and posting it for your partner will begin.
*Again, as I said earlier, please try to select for your pair ASAP, and failure to pick for your pairing will be noted.
***Cut off on JUNE 26 @ 9:30am EST(8:30am CST)

**JUNE 26: Re-picks for those who didn’t get the pick

**MOD ASSIST: TCF Mods Ezi, Denise, & Lanelle are also around for assistance.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jun 11, 2017 04:45AM) (new)

See exactly HOW to post book covers here!
description
description
description

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jun 11, 2017 04:45AM) (new)

DO NOT SIGN UP if:

A. You do not think you will remember to pick for your pair on time. It's a hassle for people to keep waiting for a pick.

B. If you do not plan to return and update your original post with both the books you picked and the books picked for you. Just please don't sign up, as you make more work for the mod running this challenge.

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jun 21, 2017 06:39AM) (new)

Participants *= Needs books posted to shelf
DebbieG
Suzanne
Karina
Daph, aka Daphne
Jenn
Avid Reader and Geek Girl
Joanne - is from Canada
Katherine
Theo
Karen D
Karen♐
Marty
Denise
EnglishElle
Sunshine✰✰✰
Dani
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Ashly
☘KathyD☘
Rachel
Jenny
Jodi
Chelle
Penumbra
Susan A
LaurLa
Runell
Nikk

Infractions List (Jan-June 2017)
(view spoiler)

message 5: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jun 25, 2017 03:18AM) (new)

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK AND USE THE LINK PROVIDED FOR YOUR PAIRED PARTNER!! WE HAVE MULTIPLE PEOPLE WITH THE SAME NAME PARTICIPATING JUST USING A DIFFERENT SPELLING OF THE NAME!! FAILURE TO PICK FOR YOUR CORRECT PARTNER WILL ALSO BE NOTATED!

Pairings *=Needs to update Original Post ✔= Selections made and Original Post Updated
✔DebbieG picks for LaurLa
✔Suzanne picks for Jodi
✔Karina picks for Nikk
✔Daph, aka Daphne picks for Penumbra
✔Jenn picks for Susan A
✔Avid Reader and Geek Girl picks for Chelle
✔Joanne - is from Canada picks for Runell
✔Katherine picks for Jenny
✔Theo picks for Ashly
✔Karen D picks for Danielle Gypsy Soul
✔Karen ♐ picks for Joanne - is from Canada
✔Marty picks for ☘KathyD☘
✔Denise picks for Rachel
✔EnglishElle picks for Daph, aka Daphne
*Sunshine✰✰✰ picks for Denise
✔Dani picks for EnglishElle
✔Danielle Gypsy Soul picks for Marty
✔Ashly picks for Karen D
✔☘KathyD☘ picks for Suzanne
✔Rachel picks for Katherine
✔Jenny picks for Theo
✔Jodi picks for Karina
✔Chelle picks for Dani
✔Penumbra picks for Jenn
✔Susan A picks for DebbieG
✔LaurLa picks for Avid Reader and Geek Girl
✔Runell picks for Sunshine✰✰✰
✔Nikk picks for Karen ♐

message 6: by Debbie (last edited Jun 21, 2017 01:12PM) (new)

Debbie (DebbieGray) | 781 comments DebbieG's Dusty
The Skeleton Takes a Bow (Family Skeleton Mystery #2) by Leigh Perry Digital Fortress by Dan Brown Beach House Memories (The Beach House) by Mary Alice Monroe Skinwalkers (Leaphorn & Chee, #7) by Tony Hillerman A Russian Princess Remembers by Ekaterina Meshcherskaya Summer at the Lake (Family Saga, #1) by Andrew M. Greeley One Bad Apple (Orchard, #1) by Sheila Connolly Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) by Jessica Fletcher

Preferred genre...Beach reads or Cozy Mysteries

I choose for LaurLa Flash Fire (Out of Uniform, #10.5) by Elle Kennedyand Not That Kind of Girl (Dog Walkers, #3) by Susan Donovan and bonus Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1) by Hope Ramsay

Susan A chooses for me Skinwalkers (Leaphorn & Chee, #7) by Tony Hillerman and One Bad Apple (Orchard, #1) by Sheila Connolly and bonus Strawberry Cream Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #1) by Susan Gillard

message 7: by Suzanne (last edited Jul 23, 2017 08:35PM) (new)

Suzanne | 70 comments Suzanne's Dusty Bookshelf

I choose Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Just What I Needed (Need You, #2) by Lorelei James Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6) by Sawyer Bennettfor Jodi.
KathyK chose It by Stephen King Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare for me

I read: Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas 7/17
It by Stephen King 7/24/17

Preferred genre: mystery/thriller

Books:

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Seer of Sevenwaters (Sevenwaters #5) by Juliet Marillier City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett It by Stephen King Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Any Dream Will Do by Debbie Macomber Reflections (Indexing, #2) by Seanan McGuire

message 8: by Karina (last edited Jun 21, 2017 01:35PM) (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 231 comments Karina's July Dusty Bookshelf

Reflections (Indexing, #2) by Seanan McGuire Velveteen vs. The Seasons (Velveteen vs., #3) by Seanan McGuire Ex-Heroes (Ex-Heroes, #1) by Peter Clines Genes, Cells and Brains The Promethean Promises of the New Biology by Hilary Rose Between Two Thorns (The Split Worlds, #1) by Emma Newman The Hatching (The Hatching #1) by Ezekiel Boone Cannibalism A Perfectly Natural History by Bill Schutt Necrotech by K.C. Alexander The Skinner (Spatterjay, #1) by Neal Asher

Preferred genre: Horror

I pick for Nikk: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson + Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar
Jodi picks for me: The Hatching (The Hatching #1) by Ezekiel Boone Reflections (Indexing, #2) by Seanan McGuire + False Memory by Dean Koontz

message 9: by Daph (last edited Jun 21, 2017 07:22PM) (new)

Daph L | 142 comments I would like to try!

Daphne's Dusty Bookshelf - July 2017

Preferred genre: mystery/thriller

The Broker by John Grisham Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson Consigned to Death (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #1) by Jane K. Cleland Dandelion Girl Part Two (Dandelion Girl #2) by M.B. Borchardt Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel A Slice of Murder (Pizza Lovers, #1) by Chris Cavender Kiss a Girl in the Rain (Take a Chance #1) by Nancy Warren Most Truly (Love at Pemberley, #1) by Reina M. Williams Pat of Silver Bush (Pat, #1) by L.M. Montgomery

I chose for Penumbra:
Moondrop by Katey Hawthorne, Teaching the Twink A First Time Yaoi Romance by Amelita Rae & The Homiemoon by Harper Logan

EnglishElle chose for me:
Most Truly (Love at Pemberley, #1) by Reina M. Williams, Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson & Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough

message 10: by Jenn (last edited Jun 23, 2017 07:17AM) (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 437 comments Jenn's July 2017 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) by Mira Grant Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich Forbidden by Syrie James The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Blood Song (Lharmell, #1) by Rhiannon Hart The Boyfriend Thief (Stolen Kiss, #1) by Shana Norris Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Haunting Violet (Haunting Violet, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey

Preferred Genre: Recommend me the one book you think I need to read

I pick for Susan A: Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4) by Angel Martinez and That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard. Bonus: Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1) by Sarina Bowen
Penumbra picks for me: The Boyfriend Thief (Stolen Kiss, #1) by Shana Norris and Haunting Violet (Haunting Violet, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey. Bonus: Crux by Julie Reece, The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1) by Brinda Berry, & Fire Up My Heart by Asta Idonea

message 11: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Jul 27, 2017 04:21PM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (AvidReaderandGeekGirl) | 198 comments Avid's July Dusty Bookshelf

Awaken (Abandon, #3) by Meg Cabot Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Scarlet, Book 1 (Scarlet, #1) by Brian Michael Bendis The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 1 Science. Bad. by Jonathan Hickman Saga, Vol. 4 (Saga, #4) by Brian K. Vaughan Try (Temptation, #1) by Ella Frank Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1) by Jennifer Weiner

preferred genres (preferably a book that is on audio & a stand alone if possible)
NA
fantasy

For Chelle, I chose:
Anna Dressed in Blood and Roses and Rot
Bad Feminist (bonus)

For me, LaurLa chose:
Scarlet, Book 1 (Scarlet, #1) by Brian Michael Bendis and Try (Temptation, #1) by Ella Frank- DNF'd
(bonus) Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen

message 12: by Joanne (last edited Jun 21, 2017 10:39AM) (new)

Joanne Joanne's July Dusty Bookshelf
I chose Crooked Kingdom and The Martian for Runell (Bonus: Magic Bites)
Karen chose Dark Lover and A Night to Surrender (Bonus: Wallbanger)

After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1) by Amanda Bouchet The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris When She Woke by Hillary Jordan The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton A Life Everlasting The Extraordinary Story of One Boy's Gift to Medical Science by Sarah Gray A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare

Preferred genre: anything you think I should read. If you need inspiration, you can choose from my hmd shelf.

message 13: by Katherine (last edited Jun 22, 2017 01:24PM) (new)

Katherine | 191 comments Katherine's July Dusty Bookshelf

Thief of Time (Discworld, #26) by Terry Pratchett How to Fight a Dragon’s Fury (How To Train Your Dragon, #12) by Cressida Cowell A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Pirate's Witch (Blood Prince #4.5) by Jennifer Blackstream The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett The Spook's Sacrifice (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #6) by Joseph Delaney Austenland (Austenland, #1) by Shannon Hale Heartless by Marissa Meyer Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery

Preferred Genre: Fantasy

Rachel choose for me:
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and the Fool, #1) by Robin Hobb

What I choose for Jenny:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Outland Exile (Old Men and Infidels #1) by W. Clark Boutwell Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo

message 14: by Theo (last edited Jul 31, 2017 08:39AM) (new)

Theo | 1173 comments Theo's July 2017 Dusty Bookshelf

I choose for Ashly: Livia Lone (Livia Lone #1) by Barry Eisler Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2) by Roan Parrish The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Abigail Roux
Jenny chooses for me: The Blind Side Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis (7/15/17, 4 stars); Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (7/30/17, 3 stars); Dracula by Bram Stoker
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Karen (last edited Jul 07, 2017 11:31AM) (new)

Karen | 91 comments Karen D's Dusty Bookshelf

North Haven by Sarah Moriarty The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis When You Bleed to Death by Jeremy Bronaugh Zeroes (Zeroes, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Girl Number One by Jane Holland The History of Things to Come (The Dark Horizon Trilogy #1) by Duncan Simpson The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin Katherine Carlyle by Rupert Thomson Marlena by Julie Buntin One of Us The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway by Åsne Seierstad

Preferred genre: Horror or thriller

I pick Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne Bishop, Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison, and Closet Confession by Kindle Alexander for Danielle
Ashly picks The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis, When You Bleed to Death by Jeremy Bronaugh and The Silence of Six (SOS, #1) by E.C. Myers for me.

I read When You Bleed to Death by Jeremy Bronaugh - very gritty, tough to read, but very powerful!

message 16: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jun 24, 2017 09:37PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 832 comments Karen♐'s July Dusty Bookshelf

I choose for JoAnne is from Canada Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare and Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton for the bonus
Nikk chooses Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3) by Vivian Arend Master Bits & Mercenary Bites The Secret Recipes of Topped by Lexi Blake and His Naughty Nurse A Bad Boy Doctor Romance by Nicole Elliot for the bonus for me

The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2) by Melody Anne Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3) by Vivian Arend Sinners at the Altar (Sinners on Tour, #6) by Olivia Cunning The Billionaire's Obsession ~ Simon (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1) by J.S. Scott Egomaniac by Vi Keeland Kissing Under the Mistletoe (St. Helena Vineyard, #1) by Marina Adair Two Billionaires Next Door by Jay S. Wilder The Heart of Falcon Ridge (The McLendon Family Saga, #1) by D.L. Roan Master Bits & Mercenary Bites The Secret Recipes of Topped by Lexi Blake Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery

Preferred genre: Erotica, Contemporary Romance, BDSM

message 17: by Marty (last edited Jun 21, 2017 11:20AM) (new)

Marty (MartyMill) | 712 comments Marty's July Dusty Bookshelf

I choose for KathyD: Locke (Corps Security, #5) by Harper Sloan, Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1) by Jaci Burton & The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter
Danielle Gypsy chooses for me: The Courier (San Angeles, #1) by Gerald Brandt, The Necromancer's House by Christopher Buehlman & The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Ladivine A Novel by Marie NDiaye Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan The Courier (San Angeles, #1) by Gerald Brandt At the Edge of Summer by Jessica Brockmole The Necromancer's House by Christopher Buehlman The Resurrectionist by Matthew Guinn Lola, California by Edie Meidav Bloody Lies A CSI Scandal in the Heartland by John Ferak

Preferred genre: Historical fiction, mystery

message 18: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jun 21, 2017 09:01AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 3020 comments Mod
Denise's July Dusty Bookshelf

Tokyo Bay A Novel of Japan by Anthony Grey The Witch and the Gentleman by J.R. Rain Runes (Runes, #1) by Ednah Walters Nightshades (Nightshades, #1) by Melissa F. Olson In Liam's Wake (The Makeshift Soldier #1; Toys and Soldiers, #5) by Ashlyn Forge The Forgotten Girls A Bella DeFranco Mystery (Suburban Murder, #1) by Alexa Steele The Darkest Dream (The Darkest Trilogy, #1) by Michelle Brewer Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan The Daughters of the House by Nicola Thorne Frostbite (Touch of Frost #1) by Lynn Rush

Genre of Choice: Urban Fantasy

Sunshine✰✰✰ picks for me: The Witch and the Gentleman by J.R. Rain The Darkest Dream (The Darkest Trilogy, #1) by Michelle Brewer + Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter
I pick for Rachel: Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey + The Alchemist of Souls (Night's Masque, #1) by Anne Lyle

message 19: by EnglishElle (last edited Jun 22, 2017 10:21AM) (new)

EnglishElle | 51 comments I chose Most Truly (Love at Pemberley, #1) by Reina M. Williams and Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson for Daph. I recommend Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough as a read for her preferred genre.

Dani chooses The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire for me to read and recommends The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern for my preferred genre.

Preferred Genre: Literary Fiction

The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich Woman No. 17 by Edan Lepucki The Sisters Chase by Sarah Healy And We're Off by Dana Schwartz Good as Gone by Amy Gentry The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon White Fur by Jardine Libaire Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire

message 20: by Sunshine✰✰✰ (last edited Jul 21, 2017 06:53AM) (new)

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 414 comments Sunshine's July Dusty Bookshelf

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Night of the Living Deed (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #1) by E.J. Copperman I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart #1) by Michele Bardsley Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison The Bitten (Vampire Huntress, #4) by L.A. Banks The Real Gyro (Food Truck Mysteries #4) by Chloe Kendrick Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie A Murder Moist Foul (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #1) by Carol Durand

Preferred genre: Cozy Mystery

I picked for Denise: The Witch and the Gentleman by J.R. Rain & The Darkest Dream (The Darkest Trilogy, #1) by Michelle Brewer - Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter
Runell picked for me: The Bitten (Vampire Huntress, #4) by L.A. Banks & A Murder Moist Foul (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #1) by Carol Durand - Back on the Market by L.A. Frazier

message 21: by Dani (last edited Jun 22, 2017 01:34AM) (new)

Dani (dani_duda25) | 34 comments Dani's July Dusty Bookshelf
Holes (Holes, #1) by Louis Sachar Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover RoseBlood by A.G. Howard The Muse by Jessie Burton Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes The Fault in Our Stars by John Green The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter

Preferred genre: fantasy, historical fiction

I pick for EnglishElle: The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Chelle picks for me: Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

message 22: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jun 21, 2017 11:13AM) (new)

Danielle Gypsy Soul (AFDanielleT) | 902 comments Danielle's July Dusty Bookshelf

Tangled (Dark Protectors, #7.8) by Rebecca Zanetti Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop Dirty Deeds (The Dirty, #1) by HelenKay Dimon The Prophecy (Saga of the Chosen, #1) by Petra Landon Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7) by Abigail Roux Trust (Temptation, #3) by Ella Frank Resurrection (Redemption Harbor #1) by Katie Reus Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6) by Charlie Cochet Interlude First Noel (The Executive Office #1.5) by Tal Bauer

Preferred Genre: M/M

I pick The Courier (San Angeles, #1) by Gerald Brandt The Necromancer's House by Christopher Buehlman and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett for Marty
Karen picks Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison and Closet Confession by Kindle Alexander for me

message 23: by Ashly (last edited Jun 21, 2017 07:36PM) (new)

Ashly (Ashlyh) | 97 comments Ashly's July Dusty Bookshelf

Jerkbait by Mia Siegert Subject to Change by Karen Nesbitt Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne Overexposed (In Focus, #4) by Megan Erickson Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2) by Roan Parrish At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson Willful Machines by Tim Floreen Livia Lone (Livia Lone #1) by Barry Eisler

Preferred Genre: M/M

Theo picked for me: Livia Lone (Livia Lone #1) by Barry Eisler & Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2) by Roan Parrish Rec: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller & Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Abigail Roux

I picked for Karen D: The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis & When You Bleed to Death by Jeremy Bronaugh Rec: The Silence of Six (SOS, #1) by E.C. Myers

message 24: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Jun 21, 2017 11:52AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 538 comments KathyD’s July Dusty Bookshelf
Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2) by Christina Lauren Consensual (Club Imperial #1) by Katherine Rhodes Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1) by Belle Aurora How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3) by Eli Easton Locke (Corps Security, #5) by Harper Sloan Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Possession (Club X, #3) by K.M. Scott Pucked Up (Pucked, #2) by Helena Hunting Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2) by Pepper Winters Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1) by Jaci Burton

preferred genres (preferably a book that is on audio)
paranormal
erotica
fantasy

For Suzanne, I chose:
It by Stephen King and Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas ... Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare (bonus)

For me, Marty chose:
Locke (Corps Security, #5) by Harper Sloan and Riding Wild (Wild Riders, #1) by Jaci Burton ... The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter (bonus)

message 25: by Rachel (last edited Jun 21, 2017 07:03PM) (new)

Rachel (gekrepten) | 613 comments Rachel's Dusty Bookshelf~

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova Experimental Film by Gemma Files Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia Doomsday Book (Oxford Time Travel, #1) by Connie Willis Persian Girls by Nahid Rachlin Final Girls by Mira Grant Dragonfish by Vu Tran

preferred genres (please have it be by a woman, i'm trying to read only women in july):
horror -- fantasy -- sci-fi -- thriller

For Katherine, I chose:
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett

and for a bonus book:
Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and the Fool, #1) by Robin Hobb

Denise chose for me:
Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey and , Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice
with The Alchemist of Souls (Night's Masque, #1) by Anne Lyleas a bonus

message 26: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Jun 23, 2017 09:23AM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 330 comments Jenny's July Dusty Bookshelf

Darkness by John Saul Devoured From Chicken Wings to Kale Smoothies--How What We Eat Defines Who We Are by Sophie Egan Fantastic Voyage by Isaac Asimov Horns by Joe Hill The Galactic Time Trap by John Stilwell Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore Weaveworld by Clive Barker The Bone Bed (Kay Scarpetta, #20) by Patricia Cornwell Outland Exile (Old Men and Infidels #1) by W. Clark Boutwell

preferred genres: horror, sci-fi, mystery

For Theo I chose:
The Blind Side Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, with Dracula by Bram Stoker as a bonus

Katherine chose for me:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown and Outland Exile (Old Men and Infidels #1) by W. Clark Boutwell, with Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1) by Mark Tufo as a bonus

Progress: 0/3

message 27: by Jodi (last edited Jun 21, 2017 10:15AM) (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 627 comments July Dusty Bookshelf

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1) by Marina Adair The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1) by Samantha Young Everything I Left Unsaid (Everything I Left Unsaid, #1) by Molly O'Keefe Just What I Needed (Need You, #2) by Lorelei James Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin Breaking Her Rules (Beyond the Cage, #1) by Jennifer Snow Betting the Bad Boy (Destiny, #2) by Sugar Jamison The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1) by Jessica Lemmon So Wicked (Bad Behavior #3) by Melissa Marino

Preferred genre: contemporary romance (sports themed)

I pick The Hatching (The Hatching #1) by Ezekiel Boone Reflections (Indexing #2) by Seanan McGuire False Memory by Dean Koontz for Karina.

Suzanne picks Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Just What I Needed (Need You, #2) by Lorelei James Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6) by Sawyer Bennett for me.

message 28: by Chelle (last edited Jun 23, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

Chelle (ChelleRydz) | 207 comments Chelle's July Dusty Bookshelf-

Avid Reader and Geek Girl picks Anna Dressed in Blood & Roses and Rot for me; with a bonus pick of Bad Feminist in audiobook. THANKS!

I pick Hollow City & The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly with a bonus pick of Three Dark Crownsfor Dani.

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell The Meteorologist by Blake Crouch Roses and Rot by Kat Howard Borne by Jeff VanderMeer Chemistry by Weike Wang The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson
Bonus Genre - I'd like to try a really good memoir or non-fiction audiobook this month.

message 29: by Penumbra (last edited Jun 22, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

Penumbra | 217 comments Penumbra's July Dusty Bookshelf:

Camping Gear by Alp Mortal One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest Teaching the Twink A First Time Yaoi Romance by Amelita Rae Northern Exposure by Fae Sutherland Moondrop by Katey Hawthorne Out of the Past The King of Pentacles by Sean Michael Renegade A Yaoi Short by Amelita Rae Christmas Miracles of a Recently Fallen Spruce by Brandon Witt An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1) by Charlie Cochet

Preferred genres: M/M in subgenres of Contemporary, Romance, Mystery, Paranormal, Fantasy, Historical. NO Horror/Dystopian/Zombies etc.

Daph chooses for me: Moondrop by Katey Hawthorne and Teaching the Twink A First Time Yaoi Romance by Amelita Rae. Genre choice: The Homiemoon by Harper Logan

I choose for Jenn: The Boyfriend Thief (Stolen Kiss, #1) by Shana Norris and Haunting Violet (Haunting Violet, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey

Genre choices: Crux by Julie Reece and The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1) by Brinda Berry and Fire Up My Heart by Asta Idonea

message 30: by Susan A (last edited Jun 21, 2017 01:15PM) (new)

Susan A | 1305 comments Susan A's July Shelf

I pick for DebbieG: Skinwalkers (Leaphorn & Chee, #7) by Tony Hillerman and One Bad Apple (Orchard, #1) by Sheila Connolly
Bonus pick: Cozy Mystery
Strawberry Cream Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #1) by Susan Gillard

Jenn picked for me: That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4) by Angel Martinez and bonus: Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1) by Sarina Bowen

(view spoiler)

message 31: by LaurLa (last edited Jun 23, 2017 04:24AM) (new)

LaurLa | 1416 comments LaurLa's July Bookshelf

Picks for me: Debbie G.
Flash Fire (Out of Uniform, #10.5) by Elle Kennedy Not That Kind of Girl (Dog Walkers, #3) by Susan Donovan~Bonus~ Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1) by Hope Ramsay

Be My Baby Tonight (Trehan Brothers, #2) by Kasey Michaels The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3) by Juliana Stone Flash Fire (Out of Uniform, #10.5) by Elle Kennedy Last Call (Cocktail, #4.5) by Alice Clayton Make Me (Broke and Beautiful, #3) by Tessa Bailey Make Me Yours (Unravel Me, #2) by Kendall Ryan Not That Kind of Girl (Dog Walkers, #3) by Susan Donovan Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3) by Judi McCoy Reece (The Single Daddy Club #3) by Donna Fasano Savage Deception by Lynette Vinet

Preferred Genre: Contemporary or Paranormal Romance; Romantic Suspense

I pick for: Avid Reader and Geek Girl
Scarlet, Book 1 (Scarlet, #1) by Brian Michael Bendis Try (Temptation, #1) by Ella Frank ~Bonus~ Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen

message 32: by Runell (last edited Jul 30, 2017 10:16AM) (new)

Runell (booksofgallifrey) | 407 comments Runell's Dusty July Bookshelf

Joanne - is from Canada picks for me: Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Martian by Andy Weir Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews
I pick for Sunshine: A Murder Moist Foul (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #1) by Carol Durand The Bitten (Vampire Huntress, #4) by L.A. Banks Back on the Market by L.A. Frazier

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake The Blade Itself (The First Law #1) by Joe Abercrombie Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Martian by Andy Weir The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson

Preferred Genre: Fantasy, adult or YA.

Read: Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 33: by Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited Jun 22, 2017 08:26PM) (new)

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon (SapphiredDragon) | 204 comments Nikk's Dusty Bookshelf

I choose Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3) by Vivian Arend, Master Bits & Mercenary Bites The Secret Recipes of Topped by Lexi Blake and His Naughty Nurse A Bad Boy Doctor Romance by Nicole Elliot for Karen ♐
Karina chose Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater, Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson and Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar for me

Preferred genre: Paranormal cozy mystery

Books:
Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2) by Richelle Mead Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Honour Bound (Highland Magic, #2) by Helen Harper Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson House of Furies (House of Furies, #1) by Madeleine Roux Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

message 34: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Pairings are up, Happy Reading!

message 35: by Susan A (last edited Jun 21, 2017 06:58AM) (new)

Susan A | 1305 comments For DebbieG:

Picks from your shelf:
Skinwalkers (Leaphorn & Chee, #7) by Tony Hillerman and One Bad Apple (Orchard, #1) by Sheila Connolly

Bonus pick: Cozy Mystery
Strawberry Cream Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #1) by Susan Gillard

message 36: by Karen (last edited Jun 21, 2017 07:04AM) (new)

Karen | 91 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul wrote: "Danielle's July Dusty Bookshelf

Tangled (Dark Protectors, #7.8) by Rebecca ZanettiVision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne BishopDirty Deeds (The Dirty, #1) by HelenKay DimonThe Prophecy (Saga of the Chosen, #1) by Petra LandonSpellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison[b..."

Hi Danielle!

I know nothing about your selected books, so I decided to pick based on the covers. One with a woman on front and one with a man! So my choices for you are:

[bookcover:Vision in Silver|21457243]
Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2) by Thea Harrison

For your preferred genre, I picked from your m-m-want-to-read shelf - Closet Confession by Kindle Alexander

Enjoy!

message 37: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 231 comments Nikk, I choose for you:

Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater and Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

I'm not sure if your genre preference is stated as one single genre or two! But this is a paranormal (YA) with mystery and coziness in it, anyway: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar

message 38: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 538 comments Hi Suzanne...for July I choose...

It by Stephen King and Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas...from your choices and... Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare as your bonus!

Happy reading!

message 39: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 191 comments For Jenny,

Picks from your shelf:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown and Outland Exile (Old Men and Infidels #1) by W. Clark Boutwell

Bonus pick: Horror
Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo

message 40: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 437 comments Susan A, I pick for you:
Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4) by Angel Martinez and That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard

Bonus:
You've read all of the MM books that I have so I went to a friend for a recommendation lol
Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1) by Sarina Bowen

Hope you enjoy!

message 41: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 627 comments Karina wrote: "Karina's July Dusty Bookshelf

Reflections (Indexing, #2) by Seanan McGuireVelveteen vs. The Seasons (Velveteen vs., #3) by Seanan McGuireEx-Heroes (Ex-Heroes, #1) by Peter Clines

Hi Karina,

Picks for you:

The Hatching (The Hatching #1) by Ezekiel Boone and Reflections (Indexing #2) by Seanan McGuire.

Your bonus pick is: False Memory by Dean Koontz.

Enjoy your books!

message 42: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Jun 21, 2017 08:11AM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 330 comments For Theo,

From your shelf I pick The Blind Side Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

For classics I pick Dracula by Bram Stoker (I gave it 5 stars).

message 43: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 21, 2017 08:11AM) (new)

Suzanne | 70 comments Hi there Jodi!

I am picking Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Just What I Needed (Need You, #2) by Lorelei James.

Your bonus pick is Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6) by Sawyer Bennett.

Happy Reading!

message 44: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 330 comments Katherine wrote: "For Jenny,

Picks from your shelf:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown and Outland Exile (Old Men and Infidels #1) by W. Clark Boutwell

Bonus pick: Horror
Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo"

Thanks Katherine! Good picks!

Sunshine✰✰✰ | 414 comments Picks for Denise

The Witch and the Gentleman by J.R. Rain & The Darkest Dream (The Darkest Trilogy, #1) by Michelle Brewer and for the bonus Pick Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

message 46: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Rachel,

you have some of my very favourite books on your shelf, so I pick Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice and Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey for you, with a bonus recommendation of The Alchemist of Souls (Night's Masque, #1) by Anne Lyle. Enjoy! :)

message 47: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Sunshine✰✰✰ wrote: "Picks for Denise

The Witch and the Gentleman by J.R. Rain & The Darkest Dream (The Darkest Trilogy, #1) by Michelle Brewer and for the bonus Pick Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter"

Thank you, looking forward to them!

message 48: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1173 comments Ashly

I'll pick Livia Lone (Livia Lone #1) by Barry Eisler and Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2) by Roan Parrish from your shelf.

For your bonus pick, I'll give you two choices:
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, which I've read and enjoyed
Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Abigail Roux, which I've seen a lot of people talking about in this group

message 49: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 832 comments Joanne - is from Canada, I pick for you:
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward and A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare. I've read both of these and loved them. For the bonus, I picked another one I loved... Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (AvidReaderandGeekGirl) | 198 comments Chelle,

For you I picked Roses and Rot by Kat Howard and Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake

for a bonus pick I picked: Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay- because I enjoyed it and you'd read a lot of my first choices that came to mind. it's not funny, but I really liked it

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Skeleton Takes a Bow (other topics)
Digital Fortress (other topics)
Beach House Memories (other topics)
Skinwalkers (other topics)
A Russian Princess Remembers (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gerald Brandt (other topics)