Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2017 Challenges Archive > 2017 June Pick-It-For-Me-Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 174 (174 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Nicole (last edited May 20, 2017 03:40AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments 2017 June PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:
✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ If I were to receive flowers, I would prefer: ✱✱

A) Classical, like long-stemmed red roses.
B) Sweet, charming and cute like yellow daisies or daffodils.
C) A mix match of everything and anything: tulips, lilies, peonies, sunflowers. I want them all!

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter.

You’ll have until 28 May (8 pm US EDT) to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ. If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously.

A few hints to help with book selection:
Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 4: by Nicole (last edited May 23, 2017 07:20PM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments June 2017 PIFM Challenge - Picking Rules

Everyone knows that they have a specific birthstone that is placed in jewelry and trinkets to signify the month they were born in. However, many people don’t know that just like the stones, each month has a flower or two as well, which symbolizes birth. One of the most popular flowers, the rose, is also the flower for those born in June. It is a flowering shrub with more than 100 species that bloom in different sizes and colors, and all of which have different meaning. Below are some interesting facts about roses:

National Flower
The rose is the national flower of both England and the United States, and the state flower of several U.S. states including Iowa, North Dakota, Georgia, New York and Texas.
 Recommend a book set in England or the United States: bonus if set in one of the states mentioned above.

Rose Hip
The fruit on a rose is called rose hip. Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly, marmalade, and soup or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content – containing 50% more vitamin C than oranges. Rose hip is used as a cough remedy, as a treatment for diarrhea or in relieving colic. They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup as well as seed oil, which is used in skin products and some makeup products.
 Recommend a book with food or cooking featured in the storyline, or with food on the cover. Or recommend a book set in the medical field, or where a character needs healing (broken hearts count) or saving.

Symbolism
Each color of a rose symbolizes different feelings of passion and emotion.
Red = love Yellow = friendship Orange = enthusiasm White = purity
Pink = joy Blue = unattainable Lavender = enchanted Black = farewell
 Recommend a book where one of the above colors is predominate on the cover or with two people in a passionate embrace on the cover, or with an emotional, sensitive character.

Prickly Thorns
Roses are well known by their prickles. They look like hooks, which facilitate bonding to other plants or it protects the stem. Even though prickles are strong and sharp, certain species of deer are able to eat them.
 Recommend a book with either a protective, smart, strong, silent or alpha male character, or a book with an animal/s on the cover or in the story (shifters included).

Literature and Songs
”A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.” - Sacred Emily by Emily Stein
Emily Dickinson, John Clare, Thomas Moore, William Blake, William Butler Yeats, Rudyard Kipling, Emily Bronte, Bette Midler, Seal, Bon Jovi, Sting. These famous authors, poets and singers have all used roses as inspiration in their works. Roses are often used in literature and songs. There are over 4000 songs dedicated to roses.
 Recommend a book with flowers on the cover, set in nature or about musicians/music, authors, poets or to do with the entertainment industry. Or recommend a book that is considered a classic or is popular or has a high Goodreads rating (4 stars +).

To Infinity and Beyond
”That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.”
Shakespeare knew a few things about romance…and roses. But here’s something he never considered: roses in outer space. In 1998, the company International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) came up with an unusual way to create a different fragrance by sending a rose into space to find out what it smells like. They sent a single rose into orbit on the space shuttle Discovery. The scent the rose produced in the end was astonishingly different. IFF bottled and commercialized this new fragrance note, and you can actually buy products that contain it.
 Recommend a book with a Sci-Fi, paranormal, fantasy or mystery storyline, or a cover with the moon, stars, sun or sky on it.

Historical
A rose fossil was found in Colorado with the age of about 35 million years. Roses were also very significant to the Romans as they would use them as room decorations, or even wear them on string around their neck and anything, which was said to be “under the rose”, was deemed to be a secret. Cleopatra VII of Egypt was said to have had a floor of her palace covered in roses before her lover Mark Antony visited her.
 Recommend a historical romance, or where a character is keeping a secret, or a cover that is decorative and colourful.

Timeless
Roses are fairly hardy and the plant itself can last for years provided it is properly cared for and kept free of any diseases and pests. The rose bush covering Germany’s Hildesheim Cathedral is more than 1,000 years old and still going strong.
 Recommend a book long in length or a book that has been on their/your TBR for longer than a year or a book where the story spans over 15 years.

Please make sure you have at least 4 books from your pickee's TBR and 4 that are new to them, but remember, too many options is often worse than too few! It can be overwhelming to have too many books to choose from. Please limit your picks to no more than two for each picking rule.

message 5: by Nicole (last edited May 29, 2017 06:58AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments June 2017 PIFM Challenge - Pairings

Please pick for the person below you in your group. The last person in each group picks for the first person, for example Varsha picks for Shelby.

A. Classical
Shelby -
Rachel C. - Have to Read Print or Kindle
Heather - PIFM
Fran(Private) - PIFM Shelf
MountainKat - To Read ASAP
Lekshmy
Shalini(Private)
Varsha

B. Sweet, charming and cute
Nicole P - PIFM
Liv (Оља) - Own but yet to read
KathyD - Pick Shelf Owned
Clare
Danielle Gypsy Soul - Next Months Books
Alexis - Pifm Shelf
Ashley
Carrie - Soonish

C. Mix Match
Stacie - PIFM
Nancy H
Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress - Meet & Greet - Pick For Me
Elke - on-deck-4-chlges
Kait - Up Next
Diane~Firefly~ - mng picking
Breanna - To Read
Pam
Priya
Rebecca
Romanticbookworm - Pick For Me
KarenH - Can't Wait To Read
Jojo - To Read
Mary-Megan - June-July
Brett
Sonja On Deck to Read
broken-barriers - To Read
AMNreader - PIFM Challenge
Nichole - Up Next
LaurLa - 04 challenges to pick

✔ indicates picks have been made

message 6: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments Ohhh, I am an equal opportunist flower lover so definitely 'C) A mix match of everything and anything: tulips, lilies, peonies, sunflowers. I want them all!'

Preferred shelf - up next

message 7: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I am in!

"C" for me!!

Please pick from my On deck 4 chlges

message 8: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited May 20, 2017 08:02AM) (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1427 comments I'm in for C

shelf

message 9: by Jojo (last edited May 20, 2017 09:21AM) (new)

Jojo | 1010 comments I'm in - C please.

Anything from my to-read shelf

message 10: by Adi Rocks Socks (new)

Adi Rocks Socks (adirockssocks) | 112 comments C for me, please!

message 11: by Sam (AMNReader) (new)

Sam (AMNReader) | 29 comments Yes, yes I think I will. C!

pifm-challenge

message 12: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 268 comments Im in C please

please pick from my pick for me shelf

message 13: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1189 comments C please!

Preferred shelf: PIFM

message 14: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2106 comments i'm in...b please! =)
pick-shelf-owned

message 15: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2140 comments I love a bouquet of mixed flowers! Totally C)

Please use this shelf: June-July

message 16: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 927 comments I'm definitely a C. I love flowers!

message 17: by Alexa (last edited May 20, 2017 06:55PM) (new)

Alexa (psreadthisbook) | 313 comments I'm in for C, but I see that's been popular. If you need me for a other category I'm happy to move around.

Pifm Books shelf please!

message 18: by Adi Rocks Socks (new)

Adi Rocks Socks (adirockssocks) | 112 comments broken-barriers wrote: "C for me, please!"

I couldn't link my to reads shelf from the phone, so here it is:

to-read

message 19: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarey) | 25 comments If I were to receive flowers... definitely (B) cutesy ones! :)

Please pick from my KIV shelf

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10936 comments I'm in and I will choose 'A', really only because it looks lonely, lol.
(private profile, I'm very happy to 'friend' whoever picks for me)

PIFM Shelf

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 449 comments B) Sweet, charming and cute like yellow daisies or daffodils.

My favorite is actually sunflowers.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 915 comments Sweet, Charming and Cute

My shelves: Up Next or Possible 2017 Books

message 23: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments I'm wherever you want to stick me. When I get flowers I want to stick them in the ground & have them keep on growing.

A good shelf pifm

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1783 comments I'm in. Mix Match for me.
Shelves
Meet & Greet and Pick for me

message 25: by Rachel C. (last edited May 22, 2017 12:06AM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments I'm in. A, although I prefer white roses, roses in general are so pretty :)

have and to read print or kindle

message 26: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1632 comments If we're talking in a romantic sense - I'm a red roses hopeless romantic. :) So I'm going to go with A this time.

Current Challenge to Reads

message 27: by Breanna (new)

Breanna (breannafaith97) C. Please pick from my to-read shelf, I can't link it from my phone

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Participant list has been updated till here :)

message 29: by Olivera (new)

Olivera  (4488584189) I'm picking B :)

Please pick from this shelf: own-but-yet-to-read

message 30: by Carrie (last edited May 22, 2017 08:10AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments B) Sweet, charming and cute like yellow daisies or daffodils.

Please pick from mySoonish shelf :)

message 31: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3263 comments I'm in for C!!
04-challenges-to-pick

message 32: by Lekshmy (new)

Lekshmy | 242 comments I am in. A

message 33: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1036 comments *Squee* I've been stalking for this one! I'm totally hooked and totally in!

Hmmm... I'm not much of a cut flowers fan (Hubs cheers), I prefer plants, but if I have to choose.... B or C...
I guess C since I am drawn to those wild tropical mixes, as long as there are sunflowers! :)
On-Deck-to-Read

message 34: by Shalini (new)

Shalini (shalinix1f618) | 17 comments Count me in. I would always prefer roses. So A....

message 35: by Brett (new)

Brett | 478 comments I'm in and I would like C

message 36: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1010 comments I'm in and I like to mix it up. C for me, please!

Up Next

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19242 comments Breanna wrote: "C. Please pick from my to-read shelf, I can't link it from my phone"

Just a reminder for everyone, if you don't have a preferred shelf it automatically defaults to your to-read shelf. There is no need for a link! Easier for you and the host! =)

message 38: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19242 comments Me please! I love all flowers and roses aren't my favorite, but when it comes to a romantic gesture from my sweetie - nothing compares! So I'm an A, classical, long-stemmed red roses!

Please use my to-read-asap shelf - thanks!

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Participant list updated till here :)

message 40: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6818 comments I'm in - almost missed the deadline - thanks MountainKat for reminding me! I love flowers of all kinds, so I guess I'll go with C.

Please use my cant-wait-to-read shelf...thanks!

message 41: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19242 comments That's what friends are for - making sure you don't miss out on favorite challenges! =D

message 42: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 777 comments C. Mix Match, If I'm not to late

message 43: by Pam (new)

Pam | 1047 comments If not too late, I am also a C.

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hi All,

Sorry for the late post. I totally slept through my alarm *face palm*

Give me a few minutes to post the pairings and rules.

message 45: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments We're up and running :) You have until the 28th of May to make your picks.

Hopefully all the links work...if not, let me know.

Happy reading everyone!

message 46: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19242 comments Hi Lekshmy, I'm working on your picks now. I hope to get them done this evening!

message 47: by Fran, Moderator (last edited May 23, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

Fran | 10936 comments Hi MountainKat!
Here you go, I hope you find a goodie in here...
I added some of my recent favorites :)

National Flower
Recommend a book set in England or the United States:
Blonde Date-tbr- set in Connecticut
Royally Matched-tbr- I think this one is set in England

Rose Hip
Doctor- The One In My Heart-new- This one was recommended to me by Sonja in the May PIFM. I loved it!

Symbolism
Lavender on cover- The Bunny is Coming-tbr

Prickly Thorns
Jungle Freakn' Bride-tbr- shifters
Out of Bounds- new- shorter story but very good. Cute couple and sassy, smart heroine.

Literature and Songs - high GR ratings-
Egomaniac- tbr- 4.36
Fast Connection- new- 4.37- Really good, engaging story. It's a stand-alone in a series, but if you want to, feel free to start with the first one- Strong Signal

To Infinity and Beyond
Recommend a book with a Sci-Fi, paranormal, fantasy or mystery
Third Grave Dead Ahead- tbr-PNR/fantasy
Don't Look Back- new- this one is on my wishlist- mystery

Historical
Roman Crazy-new- over 300 pages (that's long to me, lol)
Becoming Lady Thomas- new- historical- This was a fun one. Free on Amazon right now.

Timeless
In Bed with the Devil- tbr- (also FAC)- on your tbr for 5 years!

Happy Reading!!

message 48: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 492 comments Hiya Diane ~Firefly~! I tried to restrain myself but most of my picks for you have fantasy elements, hope you're in the mood for them! I had a lot of fun looking through your shelves and picking books for you. Hope you find an awesome book to read!!

National Flower - Recommend a book set in England or the United States: bonus if set in one of the states mentioned above.
TBR: The Readaholics and the Falcon Fiasco
New: Until November - Usually free on amazon. I see you've enjoyed the Rock Chick series. Aurora Rose Reynolds' writing is similar-ish with the over the top men and 'fantasy' situations and romances. I feel like these books are either a complete hit or waaayyy off the mark miss for people though. They're quick, guilty pleasure reads for me that I know I'm going to enjoy every time so hopefully you enjoy it too :)

Rose Hip - Recommend a book with food or cooking featured in the storyline, or with food on the cover. Or recommend a book set in the medical field, or where a character needs healing (broken hearts count) or saving.
TBR: Serpent's Kiss
New: Daughter of Smoke & Bone - One of my favorite YA fantasy series.

Symbolism - Recommend a book where one of the above colors is predominate on the cover or with two people in a passionate embrace on the cover, or with an emotional, sensitive character.
TBR: Grave Memory
New: Full Blooded - Really great UF series. (Sorry for the two farewell roses with the black covers :P)

Prickly Thorns - Recommend a book with either a protective, smart, strong, silent or alpha male character, or a book with an animal/s on the cover or in the story (shifters included).
TBR: Discount Armageddon
New: The Law of Attraction - Sweet, amusing story with a fun romance and great friends.

Literature and Songs - Recommend a book with flowers on the cover, set in nature or about musicians/music, authors, poets or to do with the entertainment industry. Or recommend a book that is considered a classic or is popular or has a high Goodreads rating (4 stars +).
TBR: Alice in Zombieland
New: Written in Red - Omg read it.

To Infinity and Beyond - Recommend a book with a Sci-Fi, paranormal, fantasy or mystery storyline, or a cover with the moon, stars, sun or sky on it.
TBR: Supernaturally
New: Crocodile on the Sandbank - Unexpected 5 star read for me. Historical cozy mystery set in Egypt. Amelia is... hilarious and abrasive. Fun story, great characters and possibly even a romance or two!

Historical - Recommend a historical romance, or where a character is keeping a secret, or a cover that is decorative and colourful.
TBR: Charmfall
New: A Promise of Fire - I am madly in love with this book. We have lots of PNR/UF books in common so I think you'll enjoy this although it is fantasy romance.

Timeless - Recommend a book long in length or a book that has been on their/your TBR for longer than a year or a book where the story spans over 15 years.
TBR: Unbinding
New: The Heist - This was on my TBR for ages. I see you've enjoyed several of Janet Evanovich's books. This one is... different but I really enjoyed it.

The Readaholics and the Falcon Fiasco (Book Club Mystery #1) by Laura DiSilverio Until November (Until, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3) by Thea Harrison Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1) by Amanda Carlson Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire The Law of Attraction (Lawyers in Love, #1) by N.M. Silber Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3) by Chloe Neill A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1) by Amanda Bouchet Unbinding (World of the Lupi, #11) by Eileen Wilks The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1) by Janet Evanovich

message 49: by Brett (new)

Brett | 478 comments Sonja
Hello! I hope you find something you like! Enjoy!

*National Flower: Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
Takes place in the US and in the state of Texas. Excellent book, and on your preferred list.

*Rose Hip: Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley
New to you with cooking theme
or
Dirty (Dan and Elle, #1) by Megan Hart
Also new to you with a character that needs some healing.
Both books are great reads.

*Symbolism: Beauty and the Blacksmith (Spindle Cove, #3.5) by Tessa Dare
Blue cover with what seems like a passionate embrace. Also from you preferred list.

*Prickly Thorns: Hungry Like the Wolf (SWAT, #1) by Paige Tyler
From you preferred list. Dude on cover looks alpha to me and from the synopsis is a shifter.
or
Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh
New to you with an alpha shifter dude.

*Literature and Songs: The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence A Story of Botticelli by Alyssa Palombo
From you preferred list. I'm counting artist in the entertainment category for this one. Also, in the synopsis it said the main character is into poetry. If you pick this one let me know how it is. I love the Renaissance and historical fictions.

*To Infinity and Beyond: Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb
New to you. Cool Sci Fi and mystery

*Historical: Mistress of Rome (The Empress of Rome, #1) by Kate Quinn
New to you. I'm about to pick up the second book in this series, so I thought I would recommend the first to you. Good historical fiction with romance.

*Timeless: Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon
From your preferred list. Long and definitely spans longer than 15 years. Awesome story.

message 50: by Rachel C. (last edited May 23, 2017 09:28PM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments Hi Heather, here are your picks.... we had a lot of overlap in terms of what we've both read so I haven't read all of the books I've included from your TBR (only a few though), but those I haven't read look good and I've heard good things about them. I've read all of the "new" books and highly recommend them all :) I hope you enjoy these; happy reading!

National Flower
TBR: The Highwayman (takes place in England)
New: Beautiful Disaster (takes place in the US)
The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1) by Kerrigan Byrne Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Rose Hip
TBR: The Raven (character needs healing/saving)
New: The Edge of Never (character needs healing/saving)
The Raven (The Florentine, #1) by Sylvain Reynard The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

Symbolism
TBR: If I Were You (predominantly red cover)
New: Gabriel's Inferno (couple in passionate embrace on cover)
If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard

Prickly Thorns
TBR: Immortal in Death (Roarke is protective, smart, strong and definitely an alpha male)
New: The Gamble (Max is definitely a strong alpha male character)
Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Literature and Songs
TBR: The Unsung Hero (4+ GR rating)
New: Lost & Found (4+ GR rating)
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann Lost & Found (Lost & Found, #1) by Nicole Williams

To Infinity and Beyond
TBR: A Touch of Greek (paranormal)
New: Angels' Blood (paranormal/fantasy)
A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus, #1) by Tina Folsom Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

Historical
TBR: What a Gentleman Wants (historical romance)
New: The Missing Butterfly (musicians/music/entertainment industry) (colorful cover)
What a Gentleman Wants (Reece Family Trilogy, #1) by Caroline Linden The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1) by Megan Derr

Timeless
TBR: Throne of Glass (been on your TBR for longer than a year)
New: This Man (long in length, but if you enjoy it as much as I did it won't take long to read :)
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas

« previous 1 3 4