The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > What's So Great About....August? Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paris (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:03PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments What's So Great About...August? Monthly Challenge

description

Since August is my birthday month, Foreman Trea has graciously allowed me to guest host this challenge for the month. I plan on throwing in a couple very random tasks and facts, I hope you all enjoy. And Happy Birthday to my fellow August babies.

Many thanks go out to PepperP0t for suggesting this challenge! Starting with June 2016, and ending in May of 2017, I will post a new thread monthly that tells you some of the major things to hype over for that specific month. There will be core tasks for the month, but there will also be some featured tasks as well.

How Tos:
★This is a mix and match challenge with no levels, so do as many or as few tasks as you like!
★Books must be read from August 1st to August 31st
★Re-reads are allowed, but all books must be at least 75 pages in length!
Books read can be used for only one task/letter!
★When using titles in the tasks, the words A, And, An, and The do not count.

Tasks
★Spell out "August" by reading books by authors who have a first or last name that corresponds to one of those letters.

★Spell out "August" by reading books with titles that have an ending word that matches a letter in that word. If your title is only one word, then feel free to use it for the specific letter! (Example: A=Affliction, U=Q are Cordially Uninvited..., G=Geekomancy, U=Start Me Up, S=Operation Sheba, T=It's In His Touch)

★Spell out "tooth jumper", the word of the month for August 2014 by reading books with titles or author names that matches a letter in that word. You can also check out the meaning of the word here, and read a book that shows an example of that word.

★Read books that have titles that have words that are all spelled with 6 letters, the same amount of letters that make up the word "August". (Examples: Jinxed, Hidden Agenda, Licked, Divine Scales, etc)

★August Birthstone: Sardonyx or Peridot: Read a book with a reddish-brown or light green cover (Use your best judgement here!)

★August Flowers: Poppy or Gladiolus: Read a book with a Poppy or Gladiolus on the cover

★Foreman Trea's Letter of the Month: C: Read as many books as you can that have a title that starts with the letter of the month or the author's first or last name starts with the letter of the month.

Wacky Holidays in August
August 6: National Mustard Day: Read a book with a yellow cover
August 7: National Lighthouse Day: Read a book with a lighthouse on the cover
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want.
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born
Leo is the zodiac sign for August: Read a book with a lion on the cover or a lion shifter in the book
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved
We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre
We have a ton of food festivals in August: Read a book with food on the cover or with a character that is a chef
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do)
August 6, 1890: Cy Young pitches his first game, a win. Read a book about baseball or about baseball players.
August 8, 1890: Daughters of the American Revolution is createdRead a book set during the American Revolution.
August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago
August 16, 1896: Gold is discovered in the Klondike Read a book with a gold cover
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane.
August 30, 1797: Mary Wollenstone Shelley was born Read Frankenstein or a Frankenstein retelling

message 2: by Joann (last edited Aug 28, 2016 07:08AM) (new)

Joann Progress: 13

★August Birthstone: Sardonyx or Peridot: Read a book with a reddish-brown or light green cover Summer by the Sea by Susan Wiggs

Letter of the Month: C
The Nest - Cynthia D' aprix Sweeney

Wacky Holidays in August:
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. Vintage Home: Using 20th-century Design in the Contemporary Home
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has childrenThe Sweetness of Forgetting
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up Your Perfect Life
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book The Little Flower Shop by the Sea

Random Fun
More babies are born in August in the US, than other months: Read a book where a baby is born Kindred
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation As Death Draws Near
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book On Folly Beach

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US.Read a book from a really long series Outlander
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do) The Sweetness of Forgetting
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane. The Beach Club

message 3: by Prabhjot (new)

Prabhjot Kaur (terryginz) I'm in

message 4: by PepperP0t (last edited Aug 26, 2016 07:59AM) (new)

PepperP0t ★Read books that have titles that have words that are all spelled with 6 letters, the same amount of letters that make up the word "August". (Examples: Jinxed, Hidden Agenda, Licked, Divine Scales, etc) Rebel's Desire by Laurie London 8/5 - 4.5stars

"★Foreman Trea's Letter of the Month: C: Read as many books as you can that have a title that starts with the letter of the month or the author's first or last name starts with the letter of the month.
Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell 8/3 - 3.5stars
Crazy Wild by Tara Janzen 8/5 - 4stars
Ember by Kristen Callihan 8/5 - 3.5stars
Firelight by Kristen Callihan 8/1 - 4.5stars
Hell, Yeah by Carolyn Brown - 8/11 - 4stars "

Wacky Holidays in August
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. Shadows Strike by Dianne Duvall - 8/26 - 4.5stars
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children Walk Through Fireby Kristen Ashley 8/1 - 3.75stars
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson - 8/11 - 4.25 stars
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make upReunion in Death by J.D. Robb 8/10 - 4.5stars

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book in a series - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two by J.K. Rowling- 8/8 - 4stars
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is bornHell, Yeah by Carolyn Brown - 8/11 - 4stars
Leo is the zodiac sign for August: Read a book with a lion on the cover or a lion shifter in the book
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved: book:Rock Chick|6538757] 8/1 - 4.75stars
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician - Blindsided by Tes Hilaire - 8/8 - 4.25stars

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>Purity in Death 8/23 - 4.5stars
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis -8/20 - 4.25stars
August 16, 1896: Gold is discovered in the Klondike Read a book with a gold cover Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two by J.K. Rowling- 8/8 - 4stars

message 5: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Aug 31, 2016 05:58PM) (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
I'm in!

Trea's What's So Great About...August? Challenge
Duration: August 1 to August 31, 2016
Read: 21/21

Tasks
T- Third Chance by Ann Mayburn-8/16/16
O- On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder-8/16/16
O- Always Yesterday by Jeri Odell-8/20/16
T- The Trouble With Sexy by Cody Gary-8/18/16
H- Her Dying Breath by Rita Herron-8/12/16

J- Summer Wine by Jess Dee-8/3/16
U- Unwanted by Jennifer Estep-8/5/16
M- Fourth Embrace by Ann Mayburn-8/16/16
P- Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin by Pamela S. Meyers-8/28/16
E- Wrong Question, Right Answer by Elle Casey-8/8/16
R- Naked Heat by Richard Castle-8/18/16

★August Birthstone: Sardonyx or Peridot: Read a book with a reddish-brown or light green cover (Use your best judgement here!): Heat Wave by Richard Castle-8/4/16

★August Flowers: Poppy or Gladiolus: Read a book with a Poppy or Gladiolus on the cover

★Foreman Trea's Letter of the Month: C: Read as many books as you can that have a title that starts with the letter of the month or the author's first or last name starts with the letter of the month.: Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway-8/26/16

Wacky Holidays in August
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want.: Chance of Loving You by Terri Blackstock-8/31/16
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones-8/6/16
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh: Imperfect Chemistry by Mary Frame-8/20/16
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up: When We Kiss by Darcy Burke-8/30/16
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book: Mai Tai'd Up by Alice Clayton-8/10/16

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved: Saving Grace by Julie Garwood-8/14/16
We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre
We have a ton of food festivals in August: Read a book with food on the cover or with a character that is a chef
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series: Divided in Death by J.D. Robb-8/4/16
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do): Last Call by Alice Clayton-8/15/16
August 6, 1890: Cy Young pitches his first game, a win. Read a book about baseball or about baseball players.
August 8, 1890: Daughters of the American Revolution is created Read a book set during the American Revolution.
August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago
August 16, 1896: Gold is discovered in the Klondike Read a book with a gold cover
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane.
August 30, 1797: Mary Wollenstone Shelley was born Read Frankenstein or a Frankenstein retelling

message 6: by Lily (last edited Sep 08, 2016 10:09AM) (new)

Lily (lilygcs) | 182 comments 26/26 ~ finished Aug 27th

★Spell out "August" using ending word in book title
A - For Never and Always by Ana J. Phoenix ~ 8/18/16 ~ 3.5★
U - Fixer-Upper by Meg Harding ~ 8/9/16 ~ 3.5★
G - Shifting Gears by Riley Hart ~ 8/25/16 ~ 4★
U - Status Update by Annabeth Albert ~ 8/27/16 ~ 3.5★
S - All These Hidden Scars by Avril Ashton ~ 8/16/16 ~ 4.5★
T - Manties in a Twist by J.A. Rock ~ 8/22/16 ~ 4★

★Spell out "tooth jumper"
T - Tempest by Lisa Henry and J.A. Rock ~ 8/11/16 ~ 4★
O - One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana by K.A. Merikan ~ 8/13/16 ~ 4★
O - Owens, Tricia - Dom of Las Vegas ~ 8/7/16 ~ 3★
T - The Touch Of Hope by Brandon Shire ~ 8/25/16 ~ 3★
H - Home and Away by Samantha Wayland ~ 8/20/16 ~ 5★

J - Just One Bite: Volume Six - Anthology ~ 8/15/16 ~ 3.5★
U - Undercover Lover by Rebecca Brochu ~ 8/10/16 ~ 3★
M - My Lord's Judgment by Taylor Law ~ 8/13/16 ~ 3★
P - Pride Weekend by Charley Descoteaux ~ 8/25/16 ~ 3★
E - Endings and Beginnings by K.C. Wells & Parker Williams ~ 8/9/16 ~ 4★
R - Rag and Bone by K.J. Charles ~ 8/11/16 ~ 4★

★Read books that have 6 letter titles
Normal Enough by Marie Sexton ~ 8/27/16 ~ 3★
Broken by Nicola Haken ~ 8/17/16 ~ 4.5★

★August Birthstone: Read a book with a light green cover
Spring Fever by Poppy Dennison ~ 8/11/16 ~ 3.5★

★Foreman Trea's Letter of the Month: C:
Connections by K.C. Wells ~ 8/17/16 ~ 3.5★
Called to Mate by Lynn Tyler ~ 8/6/16 ~ 3.5★

★Wacky Holidays in August
Book Lover’s Day: Unquiet by Melanie Hansen ~ 8/23/16 ~ 4★
National Dog Day: Bob the Destroyer of Leads by Sue Brown ~ 8/26/16 ~ 3.5★

★Random Fun for August
Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation
Beyond the Surface by Felice Stevens ~ 8/6/16 ~ 4★

★History Facts of August
Read a book from a really long series:
A Lesson in Trust by Charlie Cochrane ~8/20/16 ~ 4★

message 7: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 24, 2016 08:34AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1943 comments I'm in.

READ: 16/10

★Foreman Trea's Letter of the Month: C: Read as many books as you can that have a title that starts with the letter of the month or the author's first or last name starts with the letter of the month.
1. Zero Hour - Clive Cussler 8/6
2. Dark Ghost - Christine Feehan 8/9
3. It's a Wonderful Wife - Janet Chapman 8/13
4. Paper and Fire - Rachel Caine 8/14
5. Stone Cold Lover - Christine Warren 8/16
Zero Hour (NUMA Files, #11) by Clive Cussler Dark Ghost (Dark, #28) by Christine Feehan It's a Wonderful Wife (Sinclair Brothers, #3) by Janet Chapman Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles, #2) by Christine Warren

Wacky Holidays in August
✔August 7: National Lighthouse Day: Read a book with a lighthouse on the cover
The Ridge - Michael Koryta 8/8

✔August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want.
Draykon - Charlotte English 8/22

✔August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh
The Temptation - Cheyenne McCray 8/21

✔August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up
Born of Betrayal - Sherrilyn Kenyon 8/18

The Ridge by Michael Koryta Draykon (Draykon, #1) by Charlotte E. English The Temptation (Lexi Steele, #3) by Cheyenne McCray Born of Betrayal (The League #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Random Fun for August
✔August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series
Personal Demon - Kelley Armstrong 8/2

✔Leo is the zodiac sign for August: Read a book with a lion on the cover or a lion shifter in the book
The Mane Squeeze - Shelly Laurenston (heroine is a lion shifter) 8/20

✔Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation
Circle of Death - Keri Arthur (Melbourne, Australia) 8/18

✔We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre
Dead Heat - Patricia Briggs 8/5

✔August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book
The Ultimate Treasure - Heather Graham 8/13
Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston Circle of Death (Damask Circle, #2) by Keri Arthur Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs The Ultimate Treasure by Heather Graham

History Facts of August
✔August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>
Dark Ghost - Christine Feehan (#28 in series) 8/9

✔August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago
Changes - Jim Butcher 8/24
Dark Ghost (Dark, #28) by Christine Feehan Changes (Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 8: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 4 comments ★Spell out "August" by reading books by authors who have a first or last name that corresponds to one of those letters.

★Spell out "August" by reading books with titles that have an ending word that matches a letter in that word. If your title is only one word, then feel free to use it for the specific letter! (Example: A=Affliction, U=Q are Cordially Uninvited..., G=Geekomancy, U=Start Me Up, S=Operation Sheba, T=It's In His Touch)

★Spell out "tooth jumper", the word of the month for August 2014 by reading books with titles or author names that matches a letter in that word. You can also check out the meaning of the word here, and read a book that shows an example of that word.

★Read books that have titles that have words that are all spelled with 6 letters, the same amount of letters that make up the word "August". (Examples: Jinxed, Hidden Agenda, Licked, Divine Scales, etc)

★August Birthstone: Sardonyx or Peridot: Read a book with a reddish-brown or light green cover (Use your best judgement here!)

Wacky Holidays in August
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want.
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book

Random Fun for August
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do)
August 8, 1890: Daughters of the American Revolution is createdRead a book set during the American Revolution.

message 9: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Aug 31, 2016 02:20PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 578 comments What's So Great About...August?

22 Read

Tasks
★Spell out "August" by reading books by authors who have a first or last name that corresponds to one of those letters.

1. Cooper, R. ~ Dancing Lessons ~ 8/2/16 ~ ★★1/2
2. Cade, Kenzie & Piper Vaughn ~ Prickly By Nature ~ 8/12/16 ~ ★★★★★
3. Chase, Emma ~ Tamed ~ 8/13/16 ~ ★★★1/2
4. Cullinan, Heidi ~ Tough Love ~ 8/16/16 ~ ★★★★★
5. Celeste, Mercy ~ Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody ~ 8/24/16 ~ ★★★★
6. Cathy Maxwell ~ The Bride Says No ~ 8/29/16 ~ ★★★
7. Celeste, Mercy ~ Last Man Standing ~ 8/31/16 ~ ★★★

Wacky Holidays in August
August 6: National Mustard Day: Read a book with a yellow cover Unguarded ~ 8/21/16 ~ ★★★
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. The Queen & the Homo Jock King ~ 8/8/16 ~ ★★★★
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children Heart's Protector ~ 8/15/16 ~ ★★★
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh Falling for His Best Friend ~ 8/6/16 ~ ★★★★
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up Quinn's Need ~ 8/3/16 ~ ★★★
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book How to Wish Upon a Star ~ 8/19/16 ~ ★★★★

Random Fun for August
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born His Lover to Protect ~ 8/21/16 ~ ★★
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation The Ghost on My Couch ~ 8/5/16 ~ ★★★★
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved Dirty Kiss ~ 8/25/16 ~ ★★★★★
We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre Hexbreaker ~ 8/20/16 ~ ★★★★
We have a ton of food festivals in August: Read a book with food on the cover or with a character that is a chef Just Desserts ~ 8/12/16 ~ ★★★
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician Good For You ~ 8/11/16 ~ ★★★★
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book A Deadly Game ~ 8/26/16 ~ ★★

History Facts of August
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do) Seducing the Playboy ~ 8/28/16 ~ ★★★★
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane. Guns n' Boys: He Is Poison ~ 8/9/16 ~ ★

message 10: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Aug 31, 2016 02:28PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1480 comments Danielle's What's So Great About...August? Challenge
Read: 17/17

Wacky Holidays in August
August 6: National Mustard Day: Read a book with a yellow cover It Happened One Autumn 8/12 ★★★★★
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. Blood of the Lost 8/1 ★★★
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children What Wendy Wants 8/17 ★★
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh Yours to Keep 8/7 ★★★★
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up Xavier Cold 8/1 ★★★

It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson #10) by Shannon Mayer What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) by Shannon Stacey Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series Fatal Scandal 8/30 #9733★★
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born Nobody's Baby But Mine 8/5 ★★★★
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation The Scam 8/4 ★★★★
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved To the Edge 8/30 #9733★★★
We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre Primal Temptation 8/16 ★★★★
We have a ton of food festivals in August: Read a book with food on the cover or with a character that is a chef Hard to Be Good 8/2 ★★★★
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician Sweet as Sin 8/11 ★★
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book Flirting with Fire 8/4 ★★★★

Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8) by Marie Force Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4) by Janet Evanovich To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) by Cindy Gerard Primal Temptation (Pendragon Gargoyles #4) by Sydney Somers Hard to Be Good (Hard Ink, #3.5) by Laura Kaye Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1) by J.T. Geissinger Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1) by Kate Meader

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series Die For Me 8/3 ★★★★★
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do) Need Me 8/20 ★★★
August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago Sparking the Fire 8/26 ★★★★
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane. The Pursuit 8/4 ★★★★

Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Need Me (Dark Obsession, #3) by Cynthia Eden Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5) by Janet Evanovich

message 11: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 951 comments i'm in!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in!

message 13: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1279 comments I'm in!

message 14: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Sep 01, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 322 comments What's So Great About...August? Monthly Challenge

How Tos:
★This is a mix and match challenge with no levels, so do as many or as few tasks as you like!
★Books must be read from August 1st to August 31st
★Re-reads are allowed, but all books must be at least 75 pages in length!

Tasks

T- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson 8/11
O
O

T- Tales of the Vampires by Joss Whedon 8/8
H

J- grl2grl by Julie Anne Peters 8/10
U- Unbound 8/22
M- Fábio Moon Leaves on the Wind 8/23
P- Spike by Peter David 8/3
T - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of Your Life by Joss Whedon- subtitle 8/6
E- Jane Espenson- Buffy the Vampire 8/25Slayer: Predators and Prey
R- The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks 8/16

★Read books that have titles that have words that are all spelled with 6 letters, the same amount of letters that make up the word "August".

★August Birthstone: Sardonyx or Peridot: Read a book with a reddish-brown or light green cover

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren 8/6

゚・*:.。Pao 。.:*・ ゚ (paon04) | 12 comments Hi everybody! I'm In ;)

What's So Great About...August? Monthly Challenge

A Just the Sexiest Man Alive By Julie James
U Turn It Up By Inez Kelley
G The Seduction Game By Emma Shortt
U It Ends with Us By Collen Hoover
S Smut By Karina Alle
T The Sea of Tranquility By Katja Millay

Wacky Holidays in August
Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.

August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want
Target This by Lily White

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (armyhoneybadger) | 1 comments Super cute!

message 17: by Paris (last edited Aug 28, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments What’s So Great About….August?

Wacky Holidays in August
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. - The Darkest Link by Scarlett Cole (Second Circle) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/25/16
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children - Rylee by Shannon Mayer (The Rylee Adamson Epilogues) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/1/16
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh - Random Acts of Marriage by Boone Brux (Wedding Favors) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/9/16
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up - Sugar Rush by Sawyer Bennett (Sugar Bowl) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/17/16
August 26: National Dog Day: Read a book with a dog on the cover or as an important part of the book - Must Love Wieners by Casey Griffin (Rescue Dog Romance) - ♥♥♥ - 8/6/16

Random Fun for August
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born - A Beautiful Funeral by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥ - 8/16/16
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation - Tailored for Trouble by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff (Happy Pants) - ♥♥♥♥.5 - 8/9/16
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book - Beautiful Sacrifice by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥.5 - 8/14/16

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series - Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥ - 8/15/16
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do) - Close to You by Kristen Proby (Fusion) - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/11/16
August 6, 1890: Cy Young pitches his first game, a win. Read a book about baseball or about baseball players. - Stealing Home by Nicole Williams - ♥♥♥ -8/23/16
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane. - Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire (Maddox Brothers) - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/13/16

message 18: by Paula (last edited Aug 29, 2016 08:21PM) (new)

Paula Patterson | 24 comments I'm in. My first post is wacky! I can't edit it therefore I have posted again.

15 books read

★Spell out "August" by reading books with titles that have an ending word that matches a letter in that word. If your title is only one word, then feel free to use it for the specific letter!

A-The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons 8/11
U-Unremembered by Jessica Brody 8/2
G-Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 8/5
U-Into the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce Coville 8/7
S-The Boys of Summer by CJ Duggan 8/6
T-The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell 8/15

More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born-The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen 8/3

August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series-Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury 8/25

August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book-Evermore by Alyson Noel 8/16

We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre-The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe 8/25

August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>-High Five by Janet Evanovich 8/17

August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh-Almost Friends by Philip Gulley 8/21

Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation-The Silk Vendetta by Victoria Holt 8/21

August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book-Winter Roses by Diana Palmer 8/21

August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children-Ghostly Paws by Leighann Dobbs 8/24

message 19: by Jonquil (last edited Aug 25, 2016 07:29PM) (new)

Jonquil | 699 comments What's So Great About...August?
75 pages

8 great August things

9/8
DONE

1 C Cook the Books 8/12
2 C Checkered Crime 8/19
3 8th Identity: Unknown 8/17
4 long series 20 Rock with Wings 8/18
5 C Caine Unseen 8/13
6 C Cynthia Allegiances 8/1
7 C Christine Shadow Rider 8/13
8 C Coleman Robert B. Parker's the Devil Wins 8/15
9 yellow 8/8
Illusion Town (Ghost Hunters, #13) by Jayne Castle

message 20: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1943 comments All done.

READ: 16/10

1. Zero Hour - Clive Cussler 8/6
2. Dark Ghost - Christine Feehan 8/9
3. It's a Wonderful Wife - Janet Chapman 8/13
4. Paper and Fire - Rachel Caine 8/14
5. Stone Cold Lover - Christine Warren 8/16
Zero Hour (NUMA Files, #11) by Clive Cussler Dark Ghost (Dark, #28) by Christine Feehan It's a Wonderful Wife (Sinclair Brothers, #3) by Janet Chapman Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles, #2) by Christine Warren

Wacky Holidays in August
✔August 7: National Lighthouse Day: Read a book with a lighthouse on the cover
The Ridge - Michael Koryta 8/8

✔August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want.
Draykon - Charlotte English 8/22

✔August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh
The Temptation - Cheyenne McCray 8/21

✔August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up
Born of Betrayal - Sherrilyn Kenyon 8/18

The Ridge by Michael Koryta Draykon (Draykon, #1) by Charlotte E. English The Temptation (Lexi Steele, #3) by Cheyenne McCray Born of Betrayal (The League #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Random Fun for August
✔August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series
Personal Demon - Kelley Armstrong 8/2

✔Leo is the zodiac sign for August: Read a book with a lion on the cover or a lion shifter in the book
The Mane Squeeze - Shelly Laurenston (heroine is a lion shifter) 8/20

✔Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation
Circle of Death - Keri Arthur (Melbourne, Australia) 8/18

✔We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre
Dead Heat - Patricia Briggs 8/5

✔August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book
The Ultimate Treasure - Heather Graham 8/13
Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston Circle of Death (Damask Circle, #2) by Keri Arthur Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs The Ultimate Treasure by Heather Graham

History Facts of August
✔August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series/i>
Dark Ghost - Christine Feehan (#28 in series) 8/9

✔August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago
Changes - Jim Butcher 8/24
Dark Ghost (Dark, #28) by Christine Feehan Changes (Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1480 comments Danielle's What's So Great About...August? Challenge
Read: 17/17

Wacky Holidays in August
August 6: National Mustard Day: Read a book with a yellow cover It Happened One Autumn 8/12 ★★★★★
August 9: Book Lover’s Day: Read any book you want. Blood of the Lost 8/1 ★★★
August 11: Son and Daughter Day: Read a book with a character who has children What Wendy Wants 8/17 ★★
August 16: National Tell a Joke Day: Read a book that makes you laugh Yours to Keep 8/7 ★★★★
August 25: Kiss and Make Up Day: Read a book where characters fight and then make up Xavier Cold 8/1 ★★★

It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson #10) by Shannon Mayer What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) by Shannon Stacey Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year: Read the 8th book published by an author or the 8th book in a series Fatal Scandal 8/30 #9733★★
More babies are born in August in the US, than any other month: Read a book where a baby is born Nobody's Baby But Mine 8/5 ★★★★
Every August I take a week off of work: Read a book set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation The Scam 8/4 ★★★★
In August, I re-read one of my favorite books: Re-read a book that you absolutely loved To the Edge 8/30 #9733★★★
We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle: Read a book that takes place during medieval times or that is from the fantasy genre Primal Temptation 8/16 ★★★★
We have a ton of food festivals in August: Read a book with food on the cover or with a character that is a chef Hard to Be Good 8/2 ★★★★
We also have a ton of outdoor concerts: Read a book with a character that is a musician Sweet as Sin 8/11 ★★
August is the hottest month in Seattle, so we go to the beach: Read a book that has a beach scene on the cover or a beach scene in the book Flirting with Fire 8/4 ★★★★

Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8) by Marie Force Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4) by Janet Evanovich To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) by Cindy Gerard Primal Temptation (Pendragon Gargoyles #4) by Sydney Somers Hard to Be Good (Hard Ink, #3.5) by Laura Kaye Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1) by J.T. Geissinger Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1) by Kate Meader

History Facts of August
August 1, 1790: The first US Census is completed. There are 4 million people in the US. Read a book from a really long series Die For Me 8/3 ★★★★★
August 5: I was born: Read a book with a blonde heroine or set in Paris (any of them will do) Need Me 8/20 ★★★
August 10, 1833: The village of Chicago is incorporated Read a book set in Chicago Sparking the Fire 8/26 ★★★★
August 25, 1932: Amelia Earhart completes her trans-continental flight Read a book where someone travels long distance by plane. The Pursuit 8/4 ★★★★

Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose Need Me (Dark Obsession, #3) by Cynthia Eden Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5) by Janet Evanovich

CHALLENGE COMPLET

message 22: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 951 comments What’s So Great About...August?
Completed — 20!

Tasks
Spell Out
Armed & Dangerous, Abigail Roux – 8/4/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Unraveled, Lorelei James – 8/18/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Grayson, Lisa Eugene – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Untamed MacKenzie, Jennifer Ashley – 8/19/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Sawyer Bennett — Wicked Fall – 8/2/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Tonia Brown — Clockworks and Corsets – 8/14/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5) by Abigail Roux Unraveled (Mastered, #3) by Lorelei James Grayson by Lisa Eugene The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Clockworks and Corsets by Tonia Brown

Wacky Holidays in August
National Mustard Day (August 6) ➔ yellow cover
The Darkest Angel, Gena Showalter – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Book Lover’s Day (August 9) ➔ any book
Heart Recaptured, Tillie Cole – 8/21/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Son and Daughter Day (August 11) ➔ character has children
Sweet Dreams, Kristen Ashley – 8/16/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Kiss and Make Up Day (August 25) ➔ characters fight and then make up
Need You Now, Lisa Renee Jones – 8/22/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

National Dog Day (August 26) ➔ dog is an important part of the book
Out Of Control, Shannon McKenna – 8/13/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5) by Gena Showalter Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen, #2) by Tillie Cole Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley Need You Now (1001 Dark Nights) by Lisa Renee Jones Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3) by Shannon McKenna

Random Fun for August
August is the 8th month of the year ➔ eighth book in a series
Conspiracy in Death, J.D. Robb – 8/31/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

More babies are born in August in the US than any other month ➔ baby is born
Gabriel’s Redemption, Sylvain Reynard – 8/26/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Every August I take a week off of work ➔ set somewhere you’d want to go on vacation (Eastern Europe)
Their Virgin Concubine, Shayla Black & Lexi Blake – 8/28/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

We have a Renaissance Faire near Seattle ➔ tagged fantasy
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, A.N. Roquelaure (aka Anne Rice) – 8/5/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

August is the hottest month in Seattle ➔ includes a beach scene in the book
Real, Katy Evans – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3) by Sylvain Reynard Their Virgin Concubine (Masters of Ménage, #3) by Shayla Black The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1) by A.N. Roquelaure Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans

History Facts of August
First US Census is completed (August 1) ➔ book from a really long series
Midnight in Death, J.D. Robb – 8/3/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

I was born (August 5) ➔ set in Paris
Scarlet, Marissa Meyer – 8/29/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Gold is discovered in the Klondike (August 16) ➔ gold cover
Zane’s Redemption, Tina Folsom – 8/23/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

Amelia Earhart completes her transcontinental flight (August 25) ➔ character travels a long distance by plane
For 100 Days, Lara Adrian – 8/5/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5) by Tina Folsom For 100 Days (100 Series, #1) by Lara Adrian

message 23: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
☘KathyD☘ wrote: "What’s So Great About...August?
Completed — 20!

Tasks

Spell Out

Armed & Dangerous, Abigail Roux – 8/4/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Unraveled, Lorelei James – 8/18/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Grayson, Lisa Eugene – 8/10/16 – ✮✮✮..."

Congrats!