Start by marking “Grayson” as Want to Read:
Grayson

Grayson

An insane love that will keep you from falling---or push you right off the edge.

All she needed was a job…
The last thing twenty-four year old grad student Angie Roberts needs is to worry about her new boss’s father. After all, she’s never even seen him. He remains sequestered upstairs in a house that looks like it should be the main feature in an episode o
Published September 30th 2014 by Dakota Press (first published September 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Grayson, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Eugene-GraysonTitlebySueBee_zpsbea76b96.jpg
 photo GrastoryxBbysb_zps3cc6d36c.gif
★★★★ ! Grayson (stand-alone). University grad student is smitten by the handsome owner of rundown home, but his mental illness causes him anxiety over losing his home!

Grayson (stand-alone) opens up to university nursing grad student Angela Roberts, Angie applying for a job cleaning out an old home. She is interviewed by the owner’s 19 year old trust fund baby son, Charles. The home in question ihome!
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lisa Eugene Fans, Romance, Medical
3.75 Fighting From Within Stars
* * * 3/4 Spoiler Free
I happened to have read Lisa Eugene a while ago and it was a welcomed experience. She likes to mix stories with very strong men, inquisitive women and some type of suspense, sometimes with a medical backdrop. This book did all of that plus more. It exposed a subject matter which has touched all of us one way or another...Mental Illness.

We all may have known someone who has suffered. We may have been related or worked with someone who has these battles
Beverly
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Angie is a twenty-four year old nursing student in need of extra income when she sees an advertisement on the school bulletin board to clean out a house. She responds to the ad and meets Charles. Charles is a nineteen year old, self entitled asshat. He hires Angie based on her appearance alone, and she begins working almost immediately.

Grayson was diagnosed with schizophrenia at a
Alex ♈
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alex ♈ by: Lisa Eugene
Very unique and well-written book with atypical storyline and very different male protagonist.

I didn’t read many stories with character(s), who has mental illness, but I know a bit about schizophrenia through my friends (a father of my good acquaintance has it).

And I think the main message of this book, that such people are still part of our society and deserve a normal life and above all love and family, was loud and clear.
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
UPDATED REVIEW(6/10/204):

Lisa gave the wonderful opportunity to read the additional chapter and the book is absolutely perfect! 5 Grayson stars - no regrets, pick it up!

photo amazing-gif.gif

D xoxo

"He is schizophrenic. Paranoid sometimes"

Lisa Eugene writes wonderful lovely stories. The moment I picked Grayson, I was sucked into his world.

What is it about? About girl falling for a man who is struggling withxoxo
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I actually enjoyed this much more than I had expected. It was surprising pretty hot! I really liked Grayson's character, and I appreciated that Angie wasn't intimidated by the signify the age gap (which was partially due to her being fed up with the immaturity of the guys her age). I loved the epilogue which left me with hope for the couple and feeling like they would truly get their HEA (yeah, yeah I know -- they're fictional...but I was invested!). Even though the epilogue/>Overall
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

OMG, 5+++ LOVED Stars!

photo 7BB2DE76-471A-46D2-B590-ABD7D3391189_zpscqauvpx7.jpg

I read this book in one sitting. One sitting, people!

photo 2C36FB91-2367-46DA-887A-0314001542B3_zpsimherhhq.gif

Wow. Excuse the freaking, fan-girl review here but I'm on a book
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 Stars *****

Wow.... I literally couldn't stop reading Grayson. And for any book that keeps me up at night, I have to give it 5 stars. This deserves a standing ovation.

description

Grayson has mild schizophrenia, and he lives in a big house that could be on an episode of Hoarders. He doesn't trust anyone that visits his home. But there's something about Angie that makes him curious.

Angie is a student working on her masters. She needed to get a second job to pay for school and rent, so she got a job to clean the downstairs of
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

My Grayson was funny and brilliant. My Grayson was tender and passionate. My Grayson could melt my heart with the tiniest smile. But this man, too, was my Grayson, a man who was sometimes out of touch with reality, who lived in the distorted world concocted by his brain. It was a world of doubt, fear and distrust.

This was quite the interesting read that I was completely invested in. Grayson's situation broke my heart, and even though he only suffered from a mild form of schizophrenia, I can'tStars***
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 30, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: now
This blurb made my heart squeeze! I want to read it!

The hero is handsome and wealthy but hides away from society and then one day the heroine discovers why... he suffers from schiz-ophrenia. Paranoid, he retreats into his own world. But she is determined to get through to him. This is their love story...

Katie
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ugly-crying, arc
4 tear jerking stars

description

Whew! What an emotional read.

I just want to start off by commending Lisa Eugene for tackling such a deep topic. Schizophrenia is such a misunderstood disease and most people know only what they see on tv and movies about it- which is oftentimes played up to be funny or WAY over the top. (Ex: Me, Myself, and Irene) Having been around people with this disease before, I can tell you that the things Grayson feels and goes through in the book is a VERY accurate portrayal into what goes on i
Kate's Corner
So I’m always looking for something different and with this I most certainly found it. The last two days I’ve been thinking how to rate this book. Not because I don’t love it I do but the theme of the book even though it is of romantic nature shows some hard truths about schizophrenia and how it can effect peoples lives. This book will not be for everyone but in the end I’ve decided to give the book 5 stars and add it to my favorites list.

Angie needs a job and replies to an ad to clean out alist.
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)

/>/>/>/>/>★Book/>Copy ...more
Maria Bikaki
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4,5 hopeful and touching stars
Grayson is of these kind of books that I found by accident , started reading it without thinking or searching about it and without even knowing what to expect. And then came love. I really, really liked this book. Maybe it is not a big book of those unforgettable books you will always have in your heart but Lisa Eugene gave us an honest and completely emotional , sensitive and loving story that really touched my heart. Firstly I thought that due to the main hero’
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
4 "Gray-Gray" Stars
I see what I did there. ;-)

description

Angie is a 24-year old RN trying to make ends meet. She has school loans, off campus rent, and a stomach that kind of like
Mandy
Angie is a 24 year old graduate student who works at a hospital and helps pay her family's bills. She needs to pick up an extra job to pay her rent. She answers an ad for a house cleaning job and gets started right away. Grayson is a 44 year old man who doesn't leave the upstairs of his house. He's schizophrenic and doesn't take his meds. Grayson is one of my favorite book characters ever. The way this author writes about his schizophrenia is so real and brilliant. You just can't help but fall i ...more
AJ
Sep 20, 2014 marked it as dnf
DNF.

I officially stopped reading at 47%, continued to skim to 61%, and I just can’t continue.

I went into this hoping for lots of feels and a heart-clenching romance. And I felt nothing. Literally. NOTHING.

Angie gets a part time job cleaning and sorting a mess of a house, all while the mentally ill reclusive owner hides upstairs. One glance at him and she is experiencing mega-lust to the point where fluids are trickling down her thighs (WTF?). Some intense stalking on his part, girly
Ira
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this one, less intense than the book I normally read where either H or h have a mental illness. But it's a very good read nonetheless.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I loved that book.

It has all what I like in a good read:

-hot but flawed male. Greyson is incredible. He’s suffered from mild schizophrenia half his life. He does not want to take his medicine and is battling every moment of the day to discern what's real and what's not. Yet, he is a genius and can make rational decisions. In that way, he reminded me of the movie “A beautiful Man” with Russel Crowe featuring John Forbes Nash.
Grayson is one of the strongest persons I've recently
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Damn I ♥ this book!!

description
I'll recommend it to anyone!!

Full review to come =)
Ivy Deluca
Angie is hired by Charles to clean out his father’s townhouse, but warned never to talk to his father, Grayson. Angie shows up at the dusty hoarder house and is intrigued, curious about the poor old man living in the ruins of this home. Until she realizes he’s not that old and also, super hot. Then, romance happens.

description
The Good : It almost had a Beauty and theclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Paige
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 "On Your Side" Stars

Grayson is a contemporary romance that not only gave a sweet and steamy love story but also a heart breaking look at living with mental illness. Twenty four year old Angie needs money. She's a nursing school grad student who works three twelve hour shifts at the hospital but still needs another job to pay the bills. She stumbles upon an opportunity to help clean and organize an old home. When she meets entitled and majorly douchey 19 year old Charlie, she's surp
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 Beautiful stars

This book ended up being so much more than I had expected. Lisa Eugene dealt with Grayson's illness with sensitivity and compassion and in a very real way, there was no glamorising here and I really appreciated that.

Angie was such a strong, independent and loving person who instead of feeling pity for Grayson, she tried to understand him and help however she could. The first time she saw him in his room -

"Oh my God! He was jerking off!"

/>"Oh
Paige  Bookdragon
Read the book. Be in love. Be insane.

I'm scared reading books that I'm sure will leave me crying and emotionally wrecked. But I'll be singing "you are the only exception" to Lisa Eugene's 'Grayson'.

What to say about this book? It will make you go nuts. Grayson Whitmore suffers from SCHIZOPHRENIA (no spoiler here folks) and let's be honest ladies, usually that's a major turn off. But love is love and there is a reason why it's one of the most unstoppable force in the universe.

T
Vaso
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
A couple friends of mine read this book and I thought I should give it a try as well.
This book is dealing with real issues-mental illness, and the way author is dealing with it is great! Both characters were built right-I loved Angie’s strong character and that she never gave up on Grayson.
Grayson on the other hand, has schizophrenia and he is aware of it; he struggles with it, with his loneliness and his fears.
I think this book worth giving it a try…
LuvLaw
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to LuvLaw by: SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
AWESOME BOOK!!!

Grayson and Angie such matured couples :D I loved the way their relationship progressed :D so beautiful, pure and full of love :D

photo GRAYSON_zps269fa196.jpg

Grayson is such a beautiful soul, tortured and in complete pain and anguish. I felt for Grayson throughout the book. Sometimes I could feel his pain during his moments when he felt his jackass son Charles is after his house.
When he fell in love wi
Irene
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Why did it take me so long to read this book? I've had it on my kindle for ages, so today I decided I wanted to read something different and this story is just that.
Angie Roberts is a grad student with all the debts that entails, she applies for a part time job clearing an old house of piles of built up clutter, books etc . Her employer is 19 yr old Charles a pervy arrogant chap who seems to think he's Gods gift to women.
Oh and there's one other major thing about the house,living ups
Clara
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** 5 stars ! **
Dilek VT
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love books that are about any sort of mental illness. I am really interested in human psychology. Sadly, this book didn't live up to my expectations.

*********************************************

- The book is very short (193 pages); therefore lacking depth with under-developed characterization. Everything happens too fast and it leaves you dissatisfied.

*********************************************

- There is too much telling but not enough showing.
Romance eReads - ...: *******SALE ON THIS AWARD WINNING BOOK**** 1 7 Sep 14, 2015 11:42AM
Kindle Deals: *******SALE ON THIS AWARD WINNING BOOK**** 1 7 Sep 14, 2015 11:37AM
Book Trailers - C...: Grayson by Lisa Eugene 8 28 Nov 05, 2014 10:47AM

• An Eternity of Eclipse (An Eternity of Eclipse #1)
  • Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • First Impressions (April Loves Black Coffee, #1)
  • Broken Dreams (Beyond Series #2)
  • Roam (Roam, #1)
  • Enthrall Him (Enthrall, #3)
  • Love In Touch
  • Captured in Croatia
  • Fate's Mistake (Los Rancheros #2)
  • Homeplace
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Gorgeous Rotten Scoundrel
  • Wrecked
  • Life After Taylah
  • An Unladylike Offer
  • All These Pieces of Me (The Stables, #1)
  • The Shadow (Men of the White Sandy, #3)
  • Sins of September (September, #1)

Lisa Eugene began writing as a way to mentally escape from the hectic medical world where she has been a practicing nurse for over twenty years. She loves to incorporate her medical background into her steamy, romantic reads. Her books are fast paced, emotional roller-coasters---and her fans always enjoy the ride.

When she's not plotting her next dangerous, fast-paced, sexy advent
“He gave me everything, took everything, and became everything.” 8 likes
“It’s a struggle to achieve balance. It can be a futile search for the absolute truth or an endless certainty of lies.” 7 likes