Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Member's Reading List > Ellen's Challenges

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (last edited Aug 07, 2017 08:09AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments In Progress
finish this sentence
crazy cover challenge
Travelling the world from your own comfy chair
Sub-genre science fiction
Baby Got Book

Finished
New 2 U authors 2016
Around the World in 80 Days
April Fool!- did not complete in time
Level 1 of the serious readers challenge 2016
author alphabet challenge 2016- did not complete
Jemma's book club challenge
Mostly May idioms
it's all in the title

message 2: by Ellen (last edited Aug 07, 2017 08:09AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments it's all in the title

GOAL: The point is to find books with certain words or types of words in their titles.

This is my first challenge and am so excited to start it. I will go for moderate level 5 books per category.

Categories
1. Colour
1.Yellow Crocus 18/12/2015
2. Scarlet 1/02/2016
3. Once Upon a White Man: A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa 18/03/2016
4. Little Black Lies 24/03/2016
5. Gathering Blue 16/05/2016

Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Once Upon a White Man A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa by Graham Atkins Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton Gathering Blue (The Giver Quartet #2) by Lois Lowry

2. Sky (cloud, star, moon, sun, etc.)
1.The Boy Who Fell from the Sky 04/01/2016
2.The Moon at Noon 19/01/2016
3.The Children of the Moon 04/02/2016
4.The Fault in Our Stars 19/06/2016
5.Blue Star Rising--A Novel 02/07/2016
The Boy Who Fell from the Sky (The House Next Door, #1) by Jule Owen The Moon at Noon (The House Next Door, #3) by Jule Owen The Children of the Moon (The Girl In Between, #3) by Laekan Zea Kemp The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Blue Star Rising--A Novel by Dana Van Zendt

3. Food or Drink
1.Pour the Dark Wine 04/12/2015
2.Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse 16/01/2016
3. A Taste of Hot Apple Cider: Words to Encourage and Inspire 19/09/2016
4. Tales from the Ice Cream Van 01/01/2017
5. A Fistful of Honey

Pour the Dark Wine by Dinah Lampitt Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1) by Sherri Bryan A Taste of Hot Apple Cider Words to Encourage and Inspire (Powerful Stories of Faith, Hope, and Love, # 1) by N.J. Lindquist Tales from the Ice Cream Van by Clare Hipkiss A Fistful of Honey by Malena Crawford

4. Body of Water (sea, pond, creek, etc.)
1. Secrets of the Sea House 10/10/2016
2. There Are Other Rivers: On Foot Across India13/01/2017
3. The Bay at Midnight 18/02/2017
4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane 20/04/2017
5. Bound Bayou 19/07/2017
Secrets of the Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford There Are Other Rivers On Foot Across India by Alastair Humphreys The Bay at Midnight  by Diane Chamberlain The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Bound Bayou by David Canford

5. Person’s First or Last Name
1.Harry Plotter and The Chamber of Serpents, A Potter Secret Parody29/12/2015
2.Yasmeena's Choice: A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival13/01/2016
3.Cinder 24/01/2016
4.Ludwika: A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany07/02/2016
5.Sour: My Story: A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for.
Harry Plotter and The Chamber of Serpents, A Potter Secret Parody by M.J. Ware Yasmeena's Choice A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival by Jean Sasson Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Ludwika A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany by Christoph Fischer Sour My Story A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for. by Tracey Miller

6. Romantic Word (kiss, wedding, bride, etc.)
1.Half Girlfriend 16/12/2015
2.SNOWED IN FOR HER WEDDING a feel good Christmas romance 23/12/2015
3. Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire? 06/01/2016
4. The Heart Goes Last 27/03/2016
5. You Loved Me At My Darkest 21/04/2016

Half Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat Snowed In For Her Wedding by Emma Bennet The Frog Prince by Sophie Ranald The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood You Loved Me At My Darkest (You Loved Me, #1) by Evie Harper

7. One Word Title
1.Auto 14/12/2015
2.Insanity (Mad in Wonderland) 21/12/2015
3. UnEnchanted02/01/2016
4. Silverwood 12/01/2016
5. Unwanted 15/01/2016

Auto by David Wailing Insanity (Insanity #1) by Cameron Jace UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn Silverwood (The House Next Door, #2) by Jule Owen Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson

8. Number in Title (once, twice, etc can count as well)
1. Five Children and It31/12/2015
2.Tell A Thousand Lies23/01/2016
3. Nineteen Minutes 21/03/2016
4. Auto 2 20/04/2016
5. Nineteen 19/06/2016
Five Children and It (Five Children, #1) by E. Nesbit Tell A Thousand Lies by Rasana Atreya Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult Auto 2 by David Wailing Nineteen by E.S. Carter

9. Type of home (house, manor, cabin, etc)
1.House Trained 22/12/2015
2. 101 Poems to Read in London & New York: .. or Easily from Home 08/04/16
3. House Rules 05/08/2016
4. A Castle of Sand 30/01/2017
5. The Witches of the Glass Castle

House Trained by Jackie Bouchard 101 Poems to Read in London & New York .. or Easily from Home (Best English Poetry Collection) by Wirton Arvel House Rules by Jodi Picoult A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire, #3) by Bella Forrest The Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore

10. Family Member (sister, father, wife, aunt, uncle, step-sister, cousin, etc.)
1.Daughters for a Time 06/12/2015
2.Kidnapping My Daughter 05/01/2016
3. Daughters of Iraq07/03/2016
4. Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum: My True Story
5. What Papa Told Me 05/05/2016

Daughters for a Time by Jennifer Handford Kidnapping My Daughter by Rachel Jensby Daughters of Iraq by Revital Shiri-Horowitz Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum My True Story by Tressa Middleton What Papa Told Me by Felice Cohen

Bonus - You may elect to do none, one, a few, or all. These are optional.
1. Cultural (a real place, language, people group)
1. The Korean Word For Butterfly23/12/2015
2.Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat 07/01/2016
3. Inuit Child 31/01/2016
4. The Towers of Tuscany 23/04/2016
5. The Deadly Dozen: America's 12 Worst Serial Killers 06/07/2016

The Korean Word For Butterfly by Jamie Zerndt Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat by Kathy Cuddihy Inuit Child (The Inuit Saga) by Roger L Sagert The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram The Deadly Dozen America's 12 Worst Serial Killers (American Serial Killers) by Robert Keller

2. A profession (doctor, soldier, preacher, cowboy, etc.)
1. Confessions of a Chemist 25/12/2015
2. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde27/02/2016
3. The Paper Magician 25/06/2016
4. The Hairdresser of Harare 10/07/2016
5.The Medium17/09/2016

Confessions of a Chemist (Community Pharmacist) by Jemima McCandless The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1) by C.J. Archer

3. Animal
1. Nobody's Poodle 16/05/2016
2. A Funeral for an Owl 10/10/2016
3. The Spider Diaries: Part 1 12/10/2016
4. Daughters of the Dragon 17/11/2016
5. The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf 10/07/2017

Nobody's Poodle by Nikki Attree A Funeral for an Owl by Jane Davis The Spider Diaries Part 1 by Isobel Archer Daughters of the Dragon by William Andrews The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf (Hobson & Choi #1) by Nick Bryan

4. Body part (head, hands, arms, eyes, etc)
1.Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual
2. Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain 25/06/2016
3. While My Eyes Were Closed24/09/2016
4. A Shade of Blood 25/01/2017
5. The Doctor, The Eye Doctor and Me: Analogies and Parallels Between The World of Doctor Who and the Syrian Conflict 11/07/2017
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual by Elizabeth Sinz Incognito The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman While My Eyes Were Closed by Linda Green A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2) by Bella Forrest The Doctor, The Eye Doctor and Me Analogies and Parallels Between The World of Doctor Who and the Syrian Conflict by Aboud Dandachi

message 3: by Ellen (last edited Jan 09, 2018 09:01AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments finish this sentance
Start December 2015
Progress 94/101

A woman’s place is Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat
Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me that The Heart Goes Last
“Did you ever…”
Did you know that KILLER CHILD: MARY BELL: A TRAGIC TRUE STORY
Does this dress make me look Defective
Don’t drink the water here, it’s filled with Death Whispers
Every day we attack them with Little Black Lies
Everyone loves The Giver
Everything is Emma's Secret
For breakfast I had A Fistful of Honey
Happiness is The Boy In Her Dreams
He came to The Paper Magician
How is it possible that I've never heard of The Korean Word For Butterfly
I can’t believe it was Daughter of the Red Dawn
I can’t wait until The Separation
I confess, I am Fractured
I feel better after drinking A Taste of Hot Apple Cider: Words to Encourage and Inspire
I hate it when certain people go Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
I have a horrible One Night Stand
I learned the hard way that You Loved Me At My Darkest
I left him on The Night Before Christmas: The Classic Account of the Visit from St. Nicholas
I like my men House Trained
I love taking ‘selfies’ with The Children of the Moon
I love to dance and sing with Five Children and It
I often wonder why I bother to...
I used the money for Kidnapping My Daughter
I want to eat my lunch with Clone Three
I went to my prom with The Last Black Man
I wonder why Souls Unravel
I would do anything for you, except While My Eyes Were Closed
I wouldn’t be caught dead in Scarlet
I wrestled my True Calling
I’d like to teach the world to sing, but it's Spring in Skiathos: The Perfect Summer Read
I’d like to travel to Silverwood
I’d rather be an Inuit Child
I’d tell you with my dying breath that I Unlove You
I’m in love with my Insanity (Mad in Wonderland)
I’m really looking forward to The Shock of the Fall
I’m training to be The Hairdresser of Harare
If I could live anywhere, it would be The Towers of Tuscany
"If I had one superpower that would be...”
If I’d known you were coming, I’d have House Rules
If only I had a dollar for every time I thought of Harry Plotter and The Chamber of Serpents, A Potter Secret Parody
If only I had Adventures in Funeral Crashing
If you are ever chased by zombies, try Dark Genesis
“If you can’t beat them, …”
If you had written a book, you would call it Are You Sitting Down?
In a land far, far way on The Other Side of the Mountain
In the garden I found a Yellow Crocus
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it’s The Boy Who Fell from the Sky
It time for A Pledge of Silence
It took Nineteen Minutes
It was a dark and stormy night, just perfect for Gathering Blue
It’s rabbit season! It’s Duck season! No, it’s The Fault in Our Stars
Last night I dreamed I was Unwanted
Last night I dreamt of Mazie Baby
Last night I was walking in the park and saw Nobody's poodle
Look out behind you, it’s a Virtual Prophet
My father always said, The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You
My favorite time of the year is Tainted
My most embarrassing moment was when When You Came Back
My mother always told me How to Be Brave
My neighbor wants me to help her Daughters of the Dragon
My personal motto is Falling Off the Edge of the World
My prom night was 15 Minutes
My secret talent is Chasing Misery: an anthology of essays by women in humanitarian responses
Once upon a time there was a Blue Star Rising--A Novel
Our paths will cross again when we are Looking at stars at three in the morning
People always tell me Let's Be Just Friends: A New Adult Novella
People call me The Girl In Between
Poor vampire, he's UnEnchanted
Right now is the perfect time to Promise You Won't Tell?
Run, if you see The Ophelia Trap
She had a heart like Cinder
Sometimes I have to Tell A Thousand Lies
That is a match made in The Game
That reminds me; I need to Tune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries
That was definitely NOT your average Confessions of a Chemist
The best dream I ever had was about The Magician's Nephew
The best things in life are Sour: My Story: A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for.
The night is still young and A Shade of Blood
The shocking truth is What Papa Told Me
The specialty of the day is Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse
The world needs more Resistance
The worst nightmare I ever had was about The Tumor: A Non-Legal Thriller
Then I met Jack the Ripper: A Life of Crime The True Story of Jack the Ripper
Today’s special is The Taste of Fear
Tomorrow, let’s go to The Moon at Noon
Welcome to Who wants to Marry a Millionaire?
What do you mean she said she's SNOWED IN FOR HER WEDDING a feel good Christmas romance
When I was little I wanted to be Nineteen
When I woke up this morning, I thought of Secrets of the Sea House
“When I’m alone, I like to...”
When no one’s looking I like to Pour the Dark Wine
“When the weather is cold I like to...”
When the weather is hot I like The Bay at Midnight
Whenever I think of that time of year, I think of The Institute
Will you stay and be my Half Girlfriend
Will you stay Daughters for a Time
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was A Greater World
You couldn’t pay me to have a One Night Stand

Half Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim Pour the Dark Wine by Dinah Lampitt Daughters for a Time by Jennifer Handford Insanity (Insanity, #1) by Cameron Jace House Trained by Jackie Bouchard The Night Before Christmas The Classic Account of the Visit from St. Nicholas by Clement C. Moore The Korean Word For Butterfly by Jamie Zerndt Snowed In For Her Wedding by Emma Bennet Confessions of a Chemist (Community Pharmacist) by Jemima McCandless
The Last Black Man by M.B. Munroe The Girl In Between (The Girl in Between, #1) by Laekan Zea Kemp Harry Plotter and The Chamber of Serpents, A Potter Secret Parody by M.J. Ware Five Children and It (Five Children, #1) by E. Nesbit UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn The Boy Who Fell from the Sky (The House Next Door, #1) by Jule Owen The Boy In Her Dreams (The Girl In Between, #2) by Laekan Zea Kemp Kidnapping My Daughter by Rachel Jensby The Frog Prince by Sophie Ranald Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat by Kathy Cuddihy
I Unlove You by Matthew Turner Silverwood (The House Next Door, #2) by Jule Owen Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1) by Sherri Bryan The Moon at Noon (The House Next Door, #3) by Jule Owen Tell A Thousand Lies by Rasana Atreya Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Inuit Child (The Inuit Saga) by Roger L Sagert Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer The Children of the Moon (The Girl In Between, #3) by Laekan Zea Kemp
Sour My Story A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for. by Tracey Miller The Tumor by John Grisham The Institute (The Institute, #1) by Kayla Howarth Resistance (The Institute, #2) by Kayla Howarth Defective (The Institute, #3) by Kayla Howarth Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult Little Black Lies by Sharon J. Bolton The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood The Separation by Dinah Jefferies Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1) by A.D. Koboah
True Calling (true calling #1) by Siobhan Davis You Loved Me At My Darkest (You Loved Me, #1) by Evie Harper The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer What Papa Told Me by Felice Cohen The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Gathering Blue (The Giver quartet) by Lois Lowry Are You Sitting Down? by Shannon Yarbrough The Game (The Game is Life, #1) by Terry Schott Nobody's Poodle by Nikki Attree
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis Nineteen (Love by Numbers #1) by E.S. Carter The Ophelia Trap by Kate Burns The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg Incognito The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman Daughter of the Red Dawn (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, #1) by Alicia Michaels Let's Be Just Friends (Just Friends #1) by Camilla Isley Souls Unravel by Michelle L. Tate The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
Blue Star Rising--A Novel by Dana Van Zendt Looking at stars at three in the morning by Sarah Sprules Adventures in Murder Chasing (Funeral Crashing, #3) by Milda Harris Emma's Secret (Finding Emma, #2) by Steena Holmes Death Whispers (Mary Howard Supernatural Mysteries, #1) by Charmain Marie Mitchell House Rules by Jodi Picoult A Pledge of Silence by Flora J. Solomon KILLER CHILD MARY BELL A TRAGIC TRUE STORY (TRUE CRIME; BUS STOP READS Book 1) by Sylvia Perrini Tainted (The ARC, #1) by Alexandra Moody How to Be Brave by Louise Beech Spring in Skiathos A Greek Island Summer Read (Escape to the Islands Book 1) by Holly Greene
Jack the Ripper From London to Hell (The True Story of Jack the Ripper) (Historical Biographies of Famous People) by Alexander Kennedy Fractured (The ARC, #3) by Alexandra Moody A Taste of Hot Apple Cider Words to Encourage and Inspire (Powerful Stories of Faith, Hope, and Love, # 1) by N.J. Lindquist While My Eyes Were Closed by Linda Green Mazie Baby by Julie Frayn Secrets of the Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford Virtual Prophet (The Game is Life, #4) by Terry Schott Clone Three (The Clone Chronicles #1) by Patti Larsen When You Came Back (Matters of the Heart, #1) by Yesenia Vargas Spring in Skiathos A Greek Island Summer Read (Escape to the Islands Book 1) by Holly Greene
A Greater World by Clare Flynn Daughters of the Dragon by William Andrews The Taste of Fear by Jeremy Bates 15 Minutes (The Rewind Agency, #1) by Jill Cooper One Night Stand (One Night Stand, #1) by J.S. Cooper The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You by Johnny B. Truant Promise You Won't Tell? by John Locke The Bay at Midnight  by Diane Chamberlain Falling Off the Edge of the World by Shelly Anderson A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2) by Bella Forrest One Night Stand (One Night Stand, #1) by J.S. Cooper Chasing Misery an anthology of essays by women in humanitarian responses by Kelsey Hoppe A Fistful of Honey by Malena Crawford The Other Side of the Mountain by Fiona Cane Tune in Tokyo The Gaijin Diaries by Tim Anderson

message 4: by Ellen (last edited Jan 01, 2017 04:55AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments ....

message 5: by Ellen (last edited Nov 18, 2016 08:50PM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Level one of the serious readers challenge 2016

100/100
January
1. UnEnchanted 02/01/16 pages 235
2.The Boy Who Fell from the Sky04/01/2016 255 pages
3. The Boy In Her Dreams04/01/2016 316 pages
4.Kidnapping My Daughter 05/01/2016 222 pages
5.The Frog Prince For some reason I cannot link this book as the title "who wants to marry a Millionaire?" 06/01/2016 pages 265
6.Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat 07/01/2016 pages 300
7.I Unlove You 10/01/2016 pages 277
8.Silverwood 12/01/2016 pages 237
9. Yasmeena's Choice: A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival 13/01/2016 pages 250
10. Unwanted 15/01/2016 pages 370
11. Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse 16/01/2016 pages 182
12. The Moon at Noon19/01/2016 pages 261
13. Tell A Thousand Lies23/01/2016 pages 352
14.Cinder 24/01/2016 pages 400
15.Glitches24/01/2016 pages 32
16. Travelling light 27/01/2016 pages 49
17.Inuit Child31/01/2016 pages 166
18.Zombies vs The Living Dead31/01/2016 pages 39
February
19.Scarlet1/02/2016 pages 464
20.20.The Queen's Army1/02/2016 pages 18
21.The Children of the Moon 04/02/2016 pages 360
22. Ludwika: A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany 07/02/2016 pages 253
23. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual 25/02/2016 pages 183
24. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde27/02/2016 pages 144
25.Sour: My Story: A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for.28/02/2016 pages 321
26.The Tumor: A Non-Legal Thriller28/02/2017 pages 67
27.The Institute29/02/2016 pages 322
March
28.Resistance 03/03/16 pages 352
29. Aphrodite's Curse 03/03/2016 pages 31
30. Defective06/03/2016 pages 386
31. Daughters of Iraq 07/03/2016 pages 288
32. Through His Eyes: An Institute Series Novella 09/03/2016 pages 76
33. Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum: My True Story 09/03/2016 pages 290
34. Unhappenings 13/03/2016 pages 370
35. Saturday Date 14/03/2016 pages 18
36. Light: A National Poetry Day Book 14/03/2016 pages 47
37. Once Upon a White Man: A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa 18/03/2016 pages 258
38. Nineteen Minutes 21/03/2016 pages 512
39. The Time Being 22/03/2016 audiobook 30 mins
40. Little Black Lies 24/03/2016 pages 368
41. The Woman Who Lost Her Face: How Charla Nash Survived the World's Most Infamous Chimpanzee Attack 24/03/2016 pages 85
42. The Heart Goes Last 27/03/2016 pages 320
43. The Unmumsy Mums: A Collection of Your Hysterical Stories From The Frontline of Parenting 28/03/2016
44. The Separation 31/03/2016 pages 400
April
45. Dark Genesis 02/04/2016 pages 258
46. 101 Poems to Read in London & New York: .. or Easily from Home 08/04/2016 pages 188
47. True Calling 07/04/2016 pages 328
48. The Black Death: A History From Beginning to End 11/04/2016 pages 36
49. The Cold Pools 12/04/2016 pages 26
50. The Beautiful Ones 12/04/2016 pages 67
51. The Crusades: A History From Beginning to End 12/04/2016 pages 33
52. Auto 2 20/04/2016 pages 295
53. You Loved Me At My Darkest 21/04/2016 pages 314
54. The Towers of Tuscany 23/04/2016 pages 388
55. The Shock of the Fall 25/04/2016 pages 320
May
56. What Papa Told Me05/05/2016 pages 120
57. The Mind Readers 09/05/2016 pages 266
58. The Giver 11/05/2016 pages 204
59. Gathering Blue16/05/2016 pages 256
60. Nobody's Poodle 16/05/2016 pages 140
61. Are You Sitting Down? 22/05/2016 pages 257
June
62. The Game 05/06/2016 pages 288
63. Digital Heretic 12/06/2016 pages 292
64. The Magician's Nephew 14/06/2016 pages 244
65. The Fault in Our Stars 19/06/2016 pages 337
66. Nineteen 20/06/2016 pages 415
67. The Ophelia Trap 20/06/2016 pages 273
68. Daughter of the Red Dawn 25/06/2016 pages 330
69. Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain 25/06/2016 pages 305
70. The Paper Magician 25/06/2016 pages 226
71. Let's Be Just Friends: A New Adult Novella 25/06/2016 pages 258
72.The Perks of Being a Wallflower 28/06/2016 pages 224
73. The Gifting 28/06/2016 pages 324
July
74.The Turn of the Screw 01/07/2016 pages 103
75.Souls Unravel 02/07/2016 pages 146
76.Blue Star Rising--A Novel 02/07/2016 pages161
77.Looking at stars at three in the morning 03/07/2016 pages190
78.The Deadly Dozen: America's 12 Worst Serial Killers 06/07/2016 pages 134
79. Blue Christmas Balls 08/07/2016 pages 114
80. The Hairdresser of Harare 10/07/2016 pages 256
81.Death in Neverland 17/07/2016 pages 269
82.Adventures in Murder Chasing 18/07/2016 pages 210
83. Finding Emma 19/07/2016 pages 276
84.Emma's Secret 21/07/2016 pages 254
85.Death Whispers 22/07/2016 pages 150
August
86. Mary Poppins 01/08/2016 pages 209
87. White Feathers on a Bed of Nails 01/08/2016 pages 126
88. House Rules 05/08/2016 pages 548
89.A Pledge of Silence 07/08/2016 pages 360
90.In Between1/08/2016 pages 29
91. KILLER CHILD: MARY BELL: A TRAGIC TRUE STORY 16/08/2016 pages 143
92. Tainted 21/08/2016 pages 194
93. Jack the Ripper: A Life of Crime The True Story of Jack the Ripper 21/08/2016 pages 100
94. How to Be Brave 26/08/2016 pages 300
95. Talented29/08/2016 pages 187
September
96. Fractured 05/09/2016 pages 232
97. Terrifying Tales 06/09/2016 pages 109
98. Destined10/09/2016 pages 279
99. Orpheum 13/09/2016 pages 200
100. The Medium17/09/2016 pages 261

UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn The Boy Who Fell from the Sky (The House Next Door, #1) by Jule Owen The Boy In Her Dreams (The Girl In Between, #2) by Laekan Zea Kemp Kidnapping My Daughter by Rachel Jensby The Frog Prince by Sophie Ranald Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat by Kathy Cuddihy I Unlove You by Matthew Turner Silverwood (The House Next Door, #2) by Jule Owen Yasmeena's Choice A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival by Jean Sasson Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson
Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver Mystery #1) by Sherri Bryan The Moon at Noon (The House Next Door, #3) by Jule Owen Tell A Thousand Lies by Rasana Atreya Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) by Marissa Meyer Travelling light by Vickie Johnstone Inuit Child (The Inuit Saga) by Roger L Sagert Zombies vs The Living Dead (Surviving The Evacuation #0.5) by Frank Tayell Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) by Marissa Meyer
The Children of the Moon (The Girl In Between, #3) by Laekan Zea Kemp Ludwika A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany by Christoph Fischer Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual by Elizabeth Sinz The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson Sour My Story A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for. by Tracey Miller The Tumor by John Grisham The Institute (The Institute, #1) by Kayla Howarth Resistance (The Institute, #2) by Kayla Howarth Aphrodite's Curse by Luciana Cavallaro Defective (The Institute, #3) by Kayla Howarth
Daughters of Iraq by Revital Shiri-Horowitz Through His Eyes An Institute Series Novella (The Institute Series Book 4) by Kayla Howarth Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum My True Story by Tressa Middleton UnHappenings by Edward Aubry Saturday Date by Ken Doyle Light A National Poetry Day Book by Gaby Morgan Once Upon a White Man A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa by Graham Atkins Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult The Time Being by Antonia Honeywell Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton
The Woman Who Lost Her Face How Charla Nash Survived the World's Most Infamous Chimpanzee Attack by NBC News The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood The Unmumsy Mums A Collection of Your Hysterical Stories From The Frontline of Parenting by The Unmumsy Mum The Separation by Dinah Jefferies Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1) by A.D. Koboah 101 Poems to Read in London & New York .. or Easily from Home (Best English Poetry Collection) by Wirton Arvel True Calling (true calling #1) by Siobhan Davis The Black Death A History From Beginning to End by Henry Freeman The Cold Pools by Chris Ward The Beautiful Ones by Lori Brighton
The Crusades A History From Beginning to End by Henry Freeman Auto 2 by David Wailing You Loved Me At My Darkest (You Loved Me, #1) by Evie Harper The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer What Papa Told Me by Felice Cohen The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton The Giver by Lois Lowry Gathering Blue (The Giver quartet) by Lois Lowry Nobody's Poodle by Nikki Attree
Are You Sitting Down? by Shannon Yarbrough The Game (The Game is Life, #1) by Terry Schott Digital Heretic (The Game is Life, #2) by Terry Schott The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Nineteen (Love by Numbers Book 1) by E.S. Carter The Ophelia Trap by Kate Burns Daughter of the Red Dawn (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, #1) by Alicia Michaels Incognito The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg
Let's Be Just Friends (A New Adult Novella) by Camilla Isley The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky The Gifting (Gifting, #1) by K.E. Ganshert The Turn of the Screw by Henry James Souls Unravel by Michelle L. Tate Blue Star Rising--A Novel by Dana Van Zendt Looking at stars at three in the morning by Sarah Sprules The Deadly Dozen America's 12 Worst Serial Killers (American Serial Killers) by Robert Keller Blue Christmas Balls by Zondervan Publishing The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
Death in Neverland (Neverland #1) by Heather C. Myers Adventures in Murder Chasing (Funeral Crashing, #3) by Milda Harris Finding Emma (Finding Emma, #1) by Steena Holmes Emma's Secret (Finding Emma, #2) by Steena Holmes Death Whispers (Mary Howard Supernatural Mysteries, #1) by Charmain Marie Mitchell Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins, #1) by P.L. Travers White Feathers on a Bed of Nails by Diane Trevena House Rules by Jodi Picoult A Pledge of Silence by Flora J. Solomon In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1) by Jenny B. Jones
KILLER CHILD MARY BELL A TRAGIC TRUE STORY (TRUE CRIME; BUS STOP READS Book 1) by Sylvia Perrini Tainted (The ARC, #1) by Alexandra Moody Jack the Ripper A Life of Crime The True Story of Jack the Ripper (Short Reads Historical Biographies of Famous People) by Alexander Kennedy How to Be Brave by Louise Beech Talented (The ARC, # 2) by Alexandra Moody Fractured (The ARC, #3) by Alexandra Moody Terrifying Tales by Edgar Allan Poe Destined by Alexandra Moody Orpheum by Derek Murphy The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1) by C.J. Archer

message 6: by Ellen (last edited Oct 11, 2017 03:07PM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Around the world in 80 days

This challenge was created to help you expand your reading horizon by encouraging you to read books by authors that do not reside in the country you do. Like Jules Verne's book, for which this challenge was named, you have 80 days with which to complete this challenge. Once you're finished feel free to start it again.

Around the World in 80 Days
Level: Platinum 13+ Books
Duration: January 19th - April 8th 2016
Completed: countries:11, authors:16, books:18

England
The Moon at Noon by Jule Owen
Sour: My Story: A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for. by Tracey Miller

Germany
Ludwika: A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany by Christoph Fischer

Scotland
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum: My True Story by Tressa Middleton

India
Tell A Thousand Lies by Rasana Atreya

USA
Cinder by Marissa Myer
The Children of the Moon by Leaken Zea Kemp
Scarlet by Marissa Myer
Unhappenings by Edward Aubry
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Australia
The Institute by Kayla Howarth
Resistance by Kayla Howarth
Defective by Kayla Howarth

Israel
Daughters of Iraq by Revital Shiri-Horowitz

Zimbabwe
Once Upon a White Man: A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa by Graham Atkins

Canada
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood

Malaysia
The Separation by Dinah Jeffries

Ghana
Dark Genesis by A.D Koboah

Take 2
started 30th July 2017 finish date 18th October 2017

Turkey
Rose of Sarajevo byAyşe Kulin

USA
2084 by Mason Engel
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Poland
A Child Made to Order by Piotr Ryczko

Egypt
Sipping from the Nile: My Exodus from Egypt by Jean Naggar

Ireland
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

India
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

Uganda
Crossroads: Women Coming of Age in Today's Uganda edited by Christopher Conte. The authors of the essays are Ugandan women

France
Candide by Voltaire
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sweden
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

Russia
Anthem by Ayn Rand
I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

Northern Ireland
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell

message 8: by Ellen (last edited Jan 09, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Crazy Cover Challenge

To finish, find the below items in a cover. You may only use a cover to match one item. Along with the author name, book title and the date read, please post the cover! The item needs to be big enough to be clearly visible in the GR thumbnail.
❖ Books must be at least 150 pages long (unless otherwise noted) and may only be used for one task in this challenge, but cross-challenge posting is encouraged.

start date 15/01/2016
Completed
Partially visible face
Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson 15/01/2016

Bike
Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1) by Sherri Bryan 16/01/2016

A Fantastic Animal -Dragon
The Moon at Noon (The House Next Door, #3) by Jule Owen 19/01/2016

Arms
Tell A Thousand Lies by Rasana Atreya 23/01/2016

Shoes
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer 24/01/2016

Mountain
Inuit Child (The Inuit Saga) by Roger L Sagert 31/01/2016

Unstitched cloth
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer 1/02/2016

A moon
The Children of the Moon (The Girl In Between, #3) by Laekan Zea Kemp 04/02/2016

Notepaper or envelope
Ludwika A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany by Christoph Fischer 05/02/2016

Nose
Sour My Story by Tracey Miller 28/02/2016

One Person
Resistance (The Institute, #2) by Kayla Howarth 03/03/2016

A clock
UnHappenings by Edward Aubry 10/03/2016

Car
Once Upon a White Man A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa by Graham Atkins 18/03/2016

Hands
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult 21/03/2016

Sky with stormy clouds
Little Black Lies by Sharon J. Bolton 24/03/2016

A body without the head
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood 27/03/2016

Grass or meadow
The Separation by Dinah Jefferies 31/03/2016

Eyes
Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1) by A.D. Koboah 02/04/2016

Starry sky
True Calling (True Calling, #1) by Siobhan Davis 07/04/2016

A lone tree
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer 26/04/16

A natural water body
The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton 09/05/2016

A person in seated position
The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry 11/05/2016

Chair
Are You Sitting Down? by Shannon Yarbrough

A skirt
Digital Heretic (The Game is Life, #2) by Terry Schott 12/06/2016

Horse
The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis 14/06/2016

Hair
Nineteen by E.S. Carter 19/06/2016

Wolf
Daughter of the Red Dawn A Young Adult Fantasy Romance (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada Book 1) by Alicia Michaels 25/06/2016

An old fashioned dress
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg 25/06/2016

A head, turned around
Incognito The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman 25/06/2016

More than two, less than five people
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 28/07/2016

A stylized illustration
Blue Star Rising--A Novel by Dana Van Zendt 02/07/2016

Two People
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu 10/07/2016

Back
Death in Neverland (Neverland #1) by Heather C. Myers 17/07/2016

Legs
Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing, #1) by Milda Harris 18/07/2016

Unplucked flower(s)
Finding Emma (Finding Emma, #1) by Steena Holmes 21/07/2016

A piece of luggage
In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1) by Jenny B. Jones 14/08/2016

A closed fist or a palm
How to Be Brave by Louise Beech 26/08/2016

A musical instrument
Orpheum (Orpheum, #1) by D.S. Murphy 13/09/2016

A famous, recognizable landmark
The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1) by C.J. Archer 17/09/2016

Fruit
A Taste of Hot Apple Cider Words to Encourage and Inspire (Powerful Stories of Faith, Hope, and Love, # 1) by N.J. Lindquist 19/09/2016

Blood
Mazie Baby by Julie Frayn 21/09/2016

A cityscape
Interlude-Brandon (The Game is Life, #3) by Terry Schott 07/10/2016

A small residential house
Secrets of the Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford 10/10/2016

A reflection of a person
A Funeral for an Owl by Jane Davis 10/10/2016

Woman's hat
A Greater World by Clare Flynn 07/11/2016

A skyscraper
London 2012 What If? (What if #1) by Ian C.P. Irvine 14/11/2016

Sailboat
Rita by Nonso Ezeani 25/11/2016

Icecream
Tales from the Ice Cream Van by Clare Hipkiss 01/01/2017

A church or a place of worship 15/01/2017
Salvation by Emma C. Williams

Desert 22/01/2017
Falling Off the Edge of the World by Shelly Anderson

A cliff 25/01/2017
A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2) by Bella Forrest

Torso30/01/2017
A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire, #3) by Bella Forrest

A toy 18/02/2017
The Bay at Midnight  by Diane Chamberlain

A busy street 21/02/2017
The Alpha Plague by Michael Robertson

Five or more people 14/03/2017
Six Months in Sudan A Young Doctor in a War-torn Village by James Maskalyk

A lighthouse 08/04/2017
A Shadow of Light (A Shade of Vampire, #4) by Bella Forrest

A person in an odd perspective (hanging, levitating, upside down etc)20/04/2017
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

A cartoon or caricature23/04/2017
World Cultures Analyzing Pre-Industrial Societies In Africa, Asia, Europe, And the Americas by James Shea

Forest 07/06/2017
Messenger (The Giver, #3) by Lois Lowry

A ruin or an abandoned place17/07/2017
THE MAGIC KINGDOM My Experience in Riyadh by Nicola M Stewart

Lines or squiggles10/07/2017
The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf (Hobson & Choi #1) by Nick Bryan

Bus or Truck11/07/2017
Chasing Misery an anthology of essays by women in humanitarian responses by Kelsey Hoppe

A tie11/07/2017
The Doctor, The Eye Doctor and Me Analogies and Parallels Between The World of Doctor Who and the Syrian Conflict by Aboud Dandachi

Barren or rocky landscape 16/07/2017
The Other Side of the Mountain by Fiona Cane

An infant 23/07/207
A Child of a Crackhead by Shameek Speight

A handbag or wallet 24/07/2017
Did I Mention I Won The Lottery? by Julie Butterfield

Tiger
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga 17/08/2017

Turban
Crossroads Women Coming of Age in Today's Uganda by Christopher Conte 19/08/2017

Neck
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 22/08/17

A shirt (either male or female)
The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry 24/10/17

Trousers
Flight From Syria Refugee Stories by Hugh Eakin 26/08/17

Man's hat
The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells 31/08/17

Curtains
Of the Lemon of the North by Chris Leite 8/9/17

A staircase
Emma by Jane Austen 16/9/17

An animal not listed above-monkey
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren 2/10/17

A robot
I, Robot (Robot #0.1) by Isaac Asimov 7/10/17

A beach
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell 12/10/17

Alcohol
Jenny B by John Alan Green 25/1017

A funeral (or a symbol of, like a casket or a grave)- black veil
Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Side Chicks by N'Dia Rae

To be found
Soup
Sandwich
Cake
Candy
Chocolate
Pie
Coffee or Tea
Other Beverage
Pizza
Ethnic Food
Vegetable
Salad Greens
Egg
Cooked Meat
Cheese
Bread
A Spice or a Condiment

Train
Airplane
Ocean Liner
Rowboat
Carriage
Hearse

Bird
Cat
Dog
Rabbit or Deer
Fish or Snake

A wedding (or a symbol of, like a wedding ring or bridal dress)
A person with an animal
A dance
A hug

A shadow of a person
A mannequin
A corpse
A silhouette of a person
A person in motion

An evening dress
A wedding dress
An overcoat
Jewelry
A swimsuit (either male or female)
Gloves or socks

Sunglasses
A tuxedo
Denim
Ethnic dress (kilt, kimono etc.)

Garden or park
Orchard
A swimming pool
Sunset or sunrise
Sky with white clouds
Flower(s), plucked
Snowy landscape

A castle or mansion
A small business
A cupola
A swimming pool
A porch or a balcony
A door
A window

A country or dirt road
A bridge
A painting
A roof
A shed, mudroom or garage
A cemetary

A couch or a futon
A bed
A fireplace
Plates or china
A writing table
Cushions or throw pillows
A throne or an elaborate chair

A park bench
A tv, radio or turntable
A telephone or computer
A bath tub or a shower
A spoon, fork or knife
A kitchen appliance
A crib or cradle
A lounge or porch chair
A coffin

Feet
A tail
A trunk, horn or other animal part (not the tail)

Lips
Ears
A person as seen from a height

Gavel or Scales (or anything related to law)
Scalpel or Scissors
Sword, Shield or a Suit of Armor
Gun, Musket or Tank
Needle, yarn or thread
Knife
A paint brush
A bouquet of flowers

A tool or gadget
Stack of books
A box
A sport or a game
A flowerpot
A roller coaster or carousel
A circus tent
Candlestick or chandelier

A swatch of paint
An ink or coffee stain
A cover without any art
An old portrait
A basic shape
A cover with an award seal
Repeated pattern
Something destroyed or fallen or torn

A zodiac symbol
A cover with an inner cover partially visible
A magical symbol or instrument
Burned paper or cloth
Wings
Fence or gate
A symbol of holiday (a halloween mask, a christmas tree, etc.

message 9: by Ellen (last edited Mar 25, 2018 02:10AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments travelling the world from your own comfy chair

travelling the world

The basic idea is to read one book with a setting in each of the members of the United Nations (which covers just about all the countries of the world). However, just as you might stumble upon a wonderful village in the mountains on a real travel and decides to stay there for an extra week, you might stumble upon something you want to delve further into as you read. Such detours are encouraged in this challenge. If you find that Germany fascinates you, you can go hard-core (more about this later on) on Germany while you continue your main challenge.

I plan on spending a little more time reading books from England (more specifically London and Hertfordshire), Saudi Arabia and The Caribbean (especially Jamaica...and Haiti too), I also plan on reading humanitarian books and displacement stories around the world.

Start date 06/01/2016

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Antigua & Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
AustraliaA Greater World07/11/2016
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia & Herzegovina Rose of Sarajevo 30/07/2017
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei Darussalam
Bulgaria Orpheum 13/09/2016
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada The Ophelia Trap 20/16/2016
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China Cinder 24/01/2016
Colombia
Comoros
Congo
Costa Rica
Cote D'Ivoire
Croatia
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Democratic People's Republic of KoreaDaughters of the Dragon 17/11/2016
A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominicana
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
EgyptSipping from the Nile: My Exodus from Egypt 30/07/2017
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Fiji
Finland
FranceScarlet1/02/2016
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany Ludwika: A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany
Ghana
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Guyana
Haiti in depth
-Revolution Haitian Revolution: A History From Beginning to End 52 pages
-Humanitarian responseChasing Misery: an anthology of essays by women in humanitarian responses11/07/2017
-Fiction The Other Side of the Mountain
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India Tell A Thousand Lies 23/01/2016
-exploringThere Are Other Rivers: On Foot Across India13/01/2017
-The White Tiger 17/08/2017
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel Daughters of Iraq
Italy The Towers of Tuscany 23/04/2016
Jamaica
JapanTune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
-traditional story The Crown of the Sea19/07/217 24 pages
Kiribati
Kuwait Yasmeena's Choice: A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival
Kyrgyzstan
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia The Separation 31/03/2016
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
Micronesia
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands The Fault in Our Stars 19/06/2016
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
NorwayA Child Made to Order 07/08/2017 235 pages
Oman
Pakistan Excellent Things in Women: A Memoir of Postcolonial Pakistan 17/07/2017 39 pages
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines A Pledge of Silence 07/08/2016
Poland What Papa Told Me 05/05/2016
Portugal
Qatar
Republic of Korea
Republic of Moldova
Romania
Russian Federation
Rwanda
Saint Kitts & Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent & Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia in depth
-Before the year 2000- Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat 07/01/2016
-expat in Riyadh- Falling Off the Edge of the World23/01/2017
-expat in Riyadh THE MAGIC KINGDOM: My Experience in Riyadh
-House Maid: A story behind the suffering of a Sri Lankan Migrant worker in Saudi Arabia.
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South AfricaThe Black Tide - Remnants
South Sudan
Spain
Sri Lanka
SudanSix Months in Sudan: A Young Doctor in a War-torn Village
Suriname Oroonoko 21/08/2017
Swaziland
Sweden Unwanted15/01/2016
Switzerland
Syrian Arab Republic The Doctor, The Eye Doctor and Me: Analogies and Parallels Between The World of Doctor Who and the Syrian Conflict11/07/2017
Flight From Syria: Refugee Stories 26/08/2017
Tajikstan
Thailand
The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Timor-Leste
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad & Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
UgandaCrossroads: Women Coming of Age in Today's Uganda 19/08/2017
Matika and the River Lion11.3.18
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
England
Romance set in London The Frog Prince 06/01/2016
London in the future Silverwood 12/01/2015 The Moon at Noon
London the late 19th Century The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde27/02/2016
Gangs in london Sour: My Story: A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for.28/02/2016
Up North I Unlove You 10/01/2016
West Country-Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse16/01/2016
Scotland Tressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum: My True Story 09/03/2016
-Wales
-Northern Ireland
United Republic of Tanzania The Taste of Fear
United States of AmericaThe Children of the Moon 04/02/2016
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
ZimbabweOnce Upon a White Man: A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa 18/03/2016
The Hairdresser of Harare 10/07/2016

Additional
British Overseas Territory The Falklands Little Black Lies 24/03/2016
Spain- The canary Islands Tenerife Nobody's Poodle 16/05/2016
Spain- Balearic IslandsIbiza Nineteen 20/06/2016
Greece- Skiathos Spring in Skiathos: The Perfect Summer Read

The Frog Prince by Sophie RanaldAnywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat by Kathy CuddihyI Unlove You by Matthew TurnerSilverwood (The House Next Door, #2) by Jule OwenYasmeena's Choice A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival by Jean SassonUnwanted by Kristina OhlssonTapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1) by Sherri BryanThe Moon at Noon (The House Next Door, #3) by Jule OwenTell A Thousand Lies by Rasana AtreyaCinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa MeyerScarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa MeyerThe Children of the Moon (The Girl In Between, #3) by Laekan Zea KempLudwika A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany by Christoph FischerThe Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis StevensonSour My Story A troubled girl from a broken home. The Brixton gang she nearly died for. The baby she fought to live for. by Tracey MillerDaughters of Iraq by Revital Shiri-HorowitzTressa - The 12-Year-Old Mum My True Story by Tressa Middleton Once Upon a White Man A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa by Graham AtkinsLittle Black Lies by Sharon J. BoltonThe Separation by Dinah JefferiesThe Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. CramNobody's Poodle by Nikki AttreeThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Ophelia Trap by Kate BurnsNineteen (Love by Numbers #1) by E.S. CarterA Pledge of Silence by Flora J. SolomonThe Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai HuchuOrpheum (Orpheum, #1) by D.S. MurphyWhat Papa Told Me by Felice CohenA Greater World by Clare FlynnSpring in Skiathos An Escapist Greek Island Read (Escape to the Islands Book 1) by Holly GreeneDaughters of the Dragon by William AndrewsFalling Off the Edge of the World by Shelly AndersonSix Months in Sudan A Young Doctor in a War-torn Village by James MaskalykThe Taste of Fear by Jeremy BatesThere Are Other Rivers On Foot Across India by Alastair HumphreysThe Doctor, The Eye Doctor and Me Analogies and Parallels Between The World of Doctor Who and the Syrian Conflict by Aboud DandachiHaitian Revolution A History From Beginning to End by Hourly HistoryChasing Misery an anthology of essays by women in humanitarian responses by Kelsey HoppeThe Crown of the Sea by Dora OkeyoTHE MAGIC KINGDOM My Experience in Riyadh by Nicola M StewartThe Other Side of the Mountain by Fiona CaneExcellent Things in Women A Memoir of Postcolonial Pakistan (Chicago Shorts) by Sara Suleri GoodyearRose of Sarajevo by Ayşe KulinA Child Made to Order by Piotr RyczkoSipping from the Nile My Exodus from Egypt by Jean NaggarThe White Tiger by Aravind AdigaCrossroads Women Coming of Age in Today's Uganda by Christopher ConteOroonoko  by Aphra BehnFlight From Syria Refugee Stories by Hugh EakinThe Black Tide - Remnants (Tides of Blood, #1) by Baileigh HigginsTune in Tokyo The Gaijin Diaries by Tim AndersonMatika and the River Lion by Latrice SimpkinsA River in Darkness One Man's Escape from North Korea by Masaji IshikawaHouse Maid A story behind the suffering of a Sri Lankan Migrant worker in Saudi Arabia. by Indika Guruge

message 10: by Ellen (last edited Dec 31, 2016 06:07AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Jemma's book club

1. A book published this year Spring in Skiathos: The Perfect Summer Read
2. A book you can finish in a dayTapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse
3.A book with more than 500 pagesHouse Rules
4. A book recommend by a friend or family member A Shade of Vampire
5. Read a book from banned books list changed goal.The Perks of Being a Wallflower
6. A book published before you were bornThe Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
7. A book that is a best seller The Fault in Our Stars
8. A book that's become a movie The Giver
9. A book from an author you've never heard ofTell A Thousand Lies
10. A non-fiction book Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual
11. A book from one of your favourite authorsNineteen Minutes
12. A book with non-human characters Cinder

message 11: by Ellen (last edited Feb 03, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Sub Genre Science Fiction

Duration: You set the pace!

Rules: Pick a level! Then read books that fall under these fifty (50) Science Fiction Sub-genres listed below.

Levels:

Intergalactic Stowaway - 5 books
Spaceship Pirate - 6-10 books
Star Trooper - 11-20 books
Time Rider - 21-30 books
Teleporter - 31-40 books
Jumping Dimensions - 41-50 books

SPECIAL EFFECTS
@ Warp Speed - Pick a certain number of sub-genres, but read two of each them. In other words, double up on some of your very favorites! Then add this term to your level. For example, pick 10 sub-genres and read 20 books (two each). Your level would be Star Trooper @ Warp Speed!

Time Rider

Gothic Science Fiction
1.The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Time Travel (Time Punk)
1.Unhappenings
2.Plugged

Space Opera
1.True Calling

Cybernetics/Cyberpunk
1.Auto 2
2.The Game

Christian Science Fiction
1.Digital Heretic
2. The Magician's Nephew

Steampunk
1. The Paper Magician

Military Science Fiction
1. Interlude-Brandon

Post-apocalyptic Fiction
1.Tainted
2.The Black Tide II - Rebellion

Alternate History
1.London 2012 : What If? (Book One)
2.London 2012: What If? book 2

Parallel Worlds
1. Virtual Prophet

Zombie Fiction
1.The Alpha Plague

SciFi Fantasy
1.The Ocean at the End of the Lane
2.Messenger

Dystopian Fiction
spaceship pirate
1.The Institute
2.Resistance
3.Defective
4.The Heart Goes Last
5The Giver
6.Gathering Blue
7.Talented
8.Fractured
9.Destined
10.Divergent

message 12: by Ellen (last edited Feb 03, 2018 06:05AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments Baby Got Book

450+ pages
Baby Got Book
Duration: 21/3/2016-
Bakers Dozen 13+

1. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult pages 512
2. House Rules by Jodi Picoult pages 548
3. The Bay at Midnight  by Diane Chamberlain pages 512
4. Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth 496
5. Emma by Jane Austen pages 514
6. The Old Wives' Tale by Arnold Bennett pages 628

message 13: by Ellen (last edited Jan 01, 2017 04:56AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments failed

April Fool

4/7

Read a book with a fairy in the story OR a book with MAGIC or MAGICAL REALISM on its main GR page

Read a book with ICE in the title (NO compound words) or on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover) OR a book with a 7 or 8 in its year of original publication (tell us the year)

✔ Read a book set in London
Auto 2 by David Wailing 20/04/2016

Read a book with “32” intact in its total number of pages (tell us how many pages) OR a book with a royal character (king, queen, prince, princess, lord or lady) in the story (tell us the character’s title)

✔Read a book set in space
True Calling (true calling #1) by Siobhan Davis 07/04/2016

✔Read a book with a large tree on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover)
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer

✔Read a book whose cover is only black, white and gray (title and/or author’s name can be in a different color; post the cover)
Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1) by A.D. Koboah 02/04/2016

author alaphabet reading challenge 2016

A. -Rasana Atreya-Tell A Thousand Lies
B. -Sherri Bryan-Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse
C. -Kathy Cuddihy- Anywhere But Saudi Arabia! Experiences of a Once Reluctant Expat
D. - Dinah Jefferies- The Separation
E. - Elizabeth Sinz- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual
F. -Christoph Fischer- Ludwika: A Polish Woman's Struggle To Survive In Nazi Germany
G. - Graham Atkins- Once Upon a White Man: A Memoir of War & Peace in Africa
H. -Chanda Hahn- UnEnchanted
I. - Ian C.P. Irvine-London 2012 : What If? (Book One)
J. -Rachel Jensby- Kidnapping My Daughter
K. -Laekan Zea Kemp -The Boy In Her Dreams
L. - Lori Brighton- The Mind Readers
M. -Marissa Meyer-Cinder
N. - Nathan Filer- The Shock of the Fall
O. -Jule Owen- The Boy Who Fell from the Sky
P. - Jodi Picoult- Nineteen Minutes
Q. -
R. -Sophie Ranald-The Frog Prince
S. - Jean Sasson- Yasmeena's Choice: A True Story of War, Rape, Courage and Survival
T. -Matthew Turner- I Unlove You
U. -
V. - Yesenia Vargas- When You Came Back
W. - David Wailing- Auto 2
X. -
Y. - Shannon Yarbrough- Are You Sitting Down?
Z. -

message 14: by Ellen (last edited Jun 08, 2016 03:04PM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

mostly may Idioms

This challenge is based on all things May: expressions, idioms, holidays, blessings, curses, and movie and song titles with the word “may” in them.

Duration: May 1st - 31st 2016
Levels:
Moderate Winds = Read 5 to 7 books.
6 books read

Rules: Read books from the following categories.

• “April showers bring May flowers.” - Read a book with flowers or rain on the cover.
• “Be that as it may.” - Read a book written by an author whose name (first or last) that begins with “B”. .
The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

• “Cinco de Mayo.” - Read a book that is fifth in a series, or has five words or letters in the title.
• “Come what may!” - Read a book with a futuristic setting.
• “Devil-may-care attitude.” - Read a book where the protagonist has this attitude. (i.e. Heedless of caution; reckless. Jovial and rakish in manner.)
• “He who fights and runs away may live to fight another day.” - Read a book where someone gets bullied. Or where the protagonist is a professional fighter or gets in a fight. Or a story about survival.
• “How may I help you?” - Read a book where the protagonist helps someone out.
• “If I may be so bold...” - Reader’s Choice.
• “It may account for...” - Read a book with an accountant protagonist, or someone who deals with numbers. Or is an account based on a true historical event.
• “I may be crazy, but...” - Read a book where the protagonist gets “Gaslighted”... or a little crazy, paranoid, spooked, or rattled.
• “Let the chips fall where they may.” - Read a book that has the words from this expression found in the title, series name, or author’s, or character’s name [i.e. “let,” “chip(s),” “fall,” “where,” “they,” or “may”].
• Mae West. - Read a book with a black & white cover. Or is set in Hollywood. Or where the protagonist is a vamp.
• “May the better man win!” - Read a book where a competition takes place.
• “May Day!” - Read a book that is first in a series. Or where the protagonist attends a fair.
• “May-December Relationship.” - Read a book with quite a gap in years between protagonists’ ages. This does NOT have to be a Romance book.
The Giver (Essential Modern Classics) by Lois Lowry
relationship between the Giver and the Receiver

• “May the force be with you.” - Read a book with stars on the cover. Or is set in outer space.
• “May he rest in peace.” - Read a book where someone dies.
Gathering Blue (The Giver quartet) by Lois Lowry
• “May I be excused?” - Read a book that is written in the first person POV. (Point of View.)
• “May I count on you?” - Read a book with a number in the title. (Examples found on listopia’s Nothing But Numbers.)
• “May I take a message?” - Read an inspirational book.
• “May I take your order?” - Read a book where the protagonist is a waitress, or short-order cook, or takes orders of some kind. (Just a few examples on listopia’s Waitress Heroine in Romance.)
• “May Pole” (AKA May Poll) - set in Poland.
What Papa Told Me by Felice Cohen

• “May the road rise to meet you...” - Read a book with a road on the cover. Or someone takes a road trip.
• “May you live in interesting times...” - Read a book where someone is cursed. Or one with lots of danger, uncertainty, and chaos.
• “Maybe, maybe not.” - Read a book that you’ve been pondering for awhile.
• “Mayday! Mayday!” - Read a book where the protagonist works as some type of emergency personnel: fireman, policeman, paramedic. Or someone makes or receives a distress call. Or where someone uses a radio. Since this word may derive from the French expression “venez m'aider” - which translates to “come help me” - we’ll also take any book set in France. Also, in The Handmaid's Tale, they used “Mayday” as a code to identify themselves as part of the resistance - so, we’ll take a protagonist that is part of one, or any plot involving some hidden code.
• “The merry month of May.” - Read a book that is humorous.
Nobody's Poodle by Nikki Attree

• “Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.” - Read a book with a mirror or car on the cover. Or one where the protagonist is an illusionist, magician, or interacts with mirrors in some way.
• “Seven Days in May.” - Read a book that is seventh in a series. Or has the word “day(s)” in the title, series, author, or character name. We will take the alternate spelling of “Daye,” as in the series October Daye.
• “Sticks and stones may break my bones.” - Read a book with a word in the title that rhymes with “may” -- or where the title rhymes alone. (Examples: Double Play (“play” rhymes with “may” -- or Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, where title is a rhyme itself.)
• “Terms & conditions may apply.” - Read a book that fits another challenge.
• “Things may look good on the surface...” - Read a book with an attractive cover.
• “To whom it may concern.” - Read a book with a stand-alone “letter” in the title. Or by an author with a stand-alone “letter” in their name. Or read a book of memoirs. Or one that has a letter or envelope on the cover. (Examples: C, by Tom McCarthy; author J.R. Ward; All Creatures Great and Small; or maybe something like these found on this listopia .)
• “Try as I may.” - Read a book that was published any day in May, of any year.
• “Warning: May be hazardous to your health.” - Read a book where someone finds themselves in a precarious situation. Or where a character gets an illness. Or is a cigarette smoker.
• “You may well ask!” - Read a book with a question mark in the title.
Are You Sitting Down? by Shannon Yarbrough

message 15: by Ellen (last edited Jun 14, 2017 11:45AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments To read weight loss challenge

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Start-13/10/2016
check in 31/12/2016 to read list 340
To read list at start 309
Target to read list at end 240

Diet 1 Atkins Diet 5/5
Women on the cover
Clone Three (The Clone Chronicles #1) by Patti Larsen A Greater World by Clare Flynn London 2012 What If? (What If? #1) by Ian C.P. Irvine Daughters of the Dragon by William Andrews London 2012 What If? (What If? #2) by Ian C.P. Irvine - read version with a cover the same as part 1.

Less than 100 Pages 5/5
A Lonely Dog on Christmas by Patrick Yearly The Snow Globe by Kristin Harmel The Gift by Mark Haysom A Piece of Blue String (Playing with Matches #0.5) by Lee Strauss Free Your Mind by M.P. Neary

Sleeping Beauty Diet 1/3 (audiobooks)
A Love Most Dangerous by Martin Lake

Banana diet
Letter T
Tales from the Ice Cream Van by Clare Hipkiss There Are Other Rivers On Foot Across India by Alastair Humphreys The Taste of Fear by Jeremy Bates Travel Resolutions 52 New Ways to Experience Planet Earth by Lonely Planet Titanic The Story About The Unsinkable Ship by Henry Freeman

Future planned Atkins diets
Fairy tale retellings

message 17: by Ellen (last edited Mar 25, 2018 02:32AM) (new)

Ellen | 286 comments EXTREME CHALLENGE: OBSTACLE COURSE
Start August 1, 2017 - no deadline**
**Last date to sign up for this challenge is July 31, 2018

It’s a rugged course ahead for those brave enough to accept this challenge! You will be navigating through a series of obstacles to try to finish the race. There is no limit to how long you take to run the course, but just like a real obstacle course, you MUST finish each task before you can move to the next! Who’s with me??!!

planned books
1) First up is the tire tromping! There are 10 tires to be navigated. Read 10 books whose title or author’s first or last name begin with O. If using the author initial option, you must post a link to the author's name, as well as posting the link to the book.
Still Emily Emily Owen
✔. Moonlight Tim O'Rourke
Of the Lemon of the North
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox Maggie O'Farrell
The Old Wives' Tale
Initiation
Oman: Under Arabian Skies
Open Minds
The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde

2) Next you’ll be clambering over a rope web. Be careful because you’ll be crossing an alligator infested river! Read 5 books with a rope or other long, thin object on its cover AND read 5 books whose author's first and last initials may be found in ALLIGATOR (ignore middle initials).
Rope or long, thin item on cover (Remember to post the cover!)
1. Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup chain 229p
2. Talisman (Talisman, Book #1) by S.E. Akers 642p
3. PART HUMAN by MACI NEAVES 216p
4. Betrayal (Infidelity, #1) by Aleatha Romig 225p
5. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer 552p
Love by Deception A harrowing true story of love and betrayal. by K.C. Barnard 338
Feast of the Antlion by Caro Ayre 340p
Prophet by R.J. Larson 352p
The Sword of Light (The Veredor Chronicles #1) by E.J. Gilmour 158p
Mosaic by Jacqui Henderson 410p
Author initials in ALLIGATOR (Remember to post a link to the author's name as well as a link to the book)
✔1.Tim Adler Slow Bleed - Tim Adler #1 by Tim Adler
2. Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery L.M. Montgomery 460
3. Worlds Unseen (The Seventh World Trilogy, #1) by Rachel Starr Thomson Rachel Starr Thomson
4. Paroxysm Effect by Ashleigh Reynolds Ashleigh Reynolds
5. The Boy Inside by Ross Greenwood Ross Greenwood
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
Beowulf by Unknown
Demolition Love by Layla
Making Changes (Romantic Comedy) by Lila Rose
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell
Albania Spyglassed (Spyglass Series Book 2) by George Lifestrom
The Keys to My Diary ~ Fern by Ann Omasta
Aesop's Fables by Aesop
The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
3) Next you’re going to do some swimming (not in the alligator –infested river!). Read 10 books that show a body of water or a swimmer on the cover. (You must post the book covers!)
1. The Perfect Son by Barbara Claypole White 398p
2. Burning Moon A hilarious, unmissable romantic comedy from the Wattpad sensation by Jo Watson 304p
3. Moby Dick by Herman Melville 647p
4. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf 214p
5. On A Night Like This (Callaways, #1) by Barbara Freethy 296p
6. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome 184p
7. Swept Away by Kamery Solomon 364p
8. Mayhem in Myrtle Beach by T. Lynn Ocean 209
9. Diving In (Resort to Love #2) by Gretchen Galway 342p
10. Death By Honeymoon (Caribbean Murder, #1) by Jaden Skye 220

Lake Caerwych (Copper & Cobalt #1) by J. Conrad 218p
The Villa by Rosanna Ley 577p
The Ripple Trilogy Books 1-3 of The Ripple Series by Cidney Swanson 603p
Shearwater (Ocean Depths, #1) by D.S. Murphy 377p
Solway Tide by Andy Jarvis 274p
Mindsight by Chris Curran 304p
Under Heaven's Shining Stars by Jean Grainger 370p
Worlds Unseen by Rachel Starr Thomson 328p
White Raven (Raven, #1) by J.L. Weil 368p
Finding Arun (Living Lies Literary Fiction Series Book 1) by Marisha Pink 338p
The Spice Bride (The Emberton Brothers #1) by Karen Aminadra 208p
Breakthrough (Breakthrough, #1) by Michael C. Grumley 324p
The Thread by Victoria Hislop 402p
The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley 628p
Inheritance by Thomas Wymark 508p
The Way We Fall (The Story of Us, #1) by Cassia Leo 309p
Isabella's Last Request by Laura Lawrence 162
The Trader of Saigon by Lucy Cruickshanks 336p

4) The puzzle phase should allow you time to get dried off. Take the following book title The Sleeping Beauty Proposal and figure out as many 3+ letter words as you can, without using any of the original title's words, i.e. the, sleeping, beauty etc.. Now read 10 books that have one of the words you just formed in its title. You may use the same word twice as long as you’re using two different books.

5) Now you’re facing the mammoth blockade which you must push out of the way to continue. Read one book that is longer than 600 pages. Remember to tell us how many pages!

6) Since you’ve successfully moved the huge item blocking your path, you’re faced with a ladder. You will climb the ladder by reading 10 series books. You may start with any number you choose, but once you pick your start number, you must use sequential numbers to the top. For example, you read a book that is #2 in a series. Your next nine rungs will books that are #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11. Books do not have to be in the same series (although they certainly may be!), but must be read sequentially. (List the series name and the book's position within that series.)

7) You’ve climbed the ladder and find yourself at the top of a large cliff. You will have to bungee jump to the bottom. Read the highest book on your TBR (this would be the most recently added book when you start this task). If your highest book is not yet published, move down your TBR until you have a published book. Since most of our TBR’s are so high, this is going to be a big jump!

8) Whew! You made it down safely. Your next obstacle will be to build a fire with only a piece of flint and some kindling. Read 5 books whose covers show a fire or whose content is about a fire. The entire book doesn’t have to be about the fire, but the fire should be significant to the plot – not just a fire in the fireplace on a chilly evening. AND read 5 books with an orange cover.
Books involving fire; if using fire on the cover, you must post the cover!
Orange covers (Remember to post the covers!)

9) The next obstacle is a doozy! There is a greased pig that you need to catch and herd into a pen. Read 5 books with pink covers AND read 5 books that were published before 1990.
Pink covers (You know the drill - post the covers!)
Published before 1990 (Tell us when the book was originally published.)

10) Good thing you’re probably feeling a little dirty and sweaty at this point, because now you have to slide through the mud pit! You must remain under the ropes that cross the pit, so just go ahead and flop on into the muck! Read 10 books whose title begins with one of the letters in MUD PIT (ignore a, an, the).

11) Next up – the yucky food challenge! Before you can continue on the course, you have to eat 3 icky, slimy, live critters – bugs, slugs, or other creepy crawlies. Read 3 books that have a creepy crawlie or yucky thing on the cover. Post the covers.

12) Thank goodness that’s over!! You’ll probably find this next obstacle more pleasant. You’re going to do some target practice; you must break 10 large water balloons. Read 10 books whose cover shows a gun, a knife, an arrow or any item that would pierce a water balloon when thrown or shot. (Remember to post the covers).

13) Next run over to those huge stacks of hay and search for the hidden gem. Read a book that shows a precious or semi-precious gem on the cover (should be able to see the gem in the thumbnail). Yes, you do need to post the cover!

14) You’re getting close to finishing. Pick up the bicycle at the end of the field past the haystacks and ride through the next 5 miles of the course. Read 5 books whose cover shows some type of wheel (does not have to be bicycle wheels – could be wagon wheels, car or motorcycle wheels, etc.). Post the covers!

15) You now just need to reach the large X that is the finish line! Read one book whose title starts with X.

Congratulations!! You survived!