Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Group Challenges Archive > DHASG September Challenge

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Sep 06, 2013 07:20PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod

DHASG September Challenge

Introduction: September is the ninth month of the year, and summer is breathing its last gasp. Kids are back in school, and people start gearing up for the fall holidays and events. But we still keep reading. We'll see what goodies the month of September will bring us for our next challenge.

Instructions:

1. Books must be read between September 1st and September 30th of the month.
2. Please post on this thread that you are signing up and update your stats as you finish. Let the moderator know when you are completed in your final post.
3. A book can only be used once in the challenge.
4. Books of any genre can be used for the challenge, unless a particular part of the challenge states otherwise.
5. Happy reading!

Levels:
1. Fall in Love with Reading: Read 10-12 books
2. Working 9 to 5: Read 5-9 books
3. Box Lunch: Read 3-4 books

1. School is In!: Since school is back in session, your homework is to read the first book in a series that you have had on your bookshelf/ereader for more than six months.
2.Argh!, Matey!: September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. In honor, read a book with pirates in the storyline. Alternatively, you could read a book with a character named: Jack, Anne, Henry, Edward, Morgan, Jean, William, or Mary (all famous pirates). Another alternative would be to read a book where the main character is pregnant (women pirates could escape hanging by pleading their bellies), or is a runaway from a very bad lifestyle (since this is why many turned to piracy).
3.Labor Day: Since the first Monday of September is Labor Day, celebrate by reading any book you want for this part of the challenge.
4.Respect Your Elders!: Not only does Grandparent's Day get celebrated in September, but in Japan they celebrate Respect for the Aged Day this month. In honor of these days to celebrate the older people in our lives, read a book with a character who is older than 59. Yes, you can count an immortally young character, as long as they are chronologically older than 59.
5.Fight the Power!: Mexico celebrates its independence day and Mozambique celebrates its revolution this month. Read a book with characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence (freedom fighters).
6. Be Prepared!: In the US, we celebrate National Preparedness Month in September. Read a book where the main characters are prepared for any eventuality. You could even read a book where the main characters practice "safe sex."
7.Hispanic Heritage Month: Since we celebrate the contributions of people of Latin heritage in the US this month, lets do it by reading a book with a main character who is of Latin heritage or descent. You could also read a book set in a Latin American country or in Spain or Portugal.
8.La Couleur Bleue : Sapphire is a birth stone for the month of September. In honor of its color blue, read a book with a main character who has blue eyes, blue hair, wears a lot of blue; you could read a book that has blue on its cover. You could also read a book that makes you feel blue (aka sad). Since sapphires are associated with loyalty and faithfulness, read a book where the hero stays faithful to the heroine no matter what.
9.The Balanced One: Libra is the other birth sign for September (along with Virgo). Libras are known to be fair, tactful, and charming. They are known for their balanced approach to situations and people. Because they are so amiable, they have trouble saying no to others. Although they can be selfish, they never betray others. Read a book with a main character who exhibits any of the above traits.
10.Forget Me Not!: Myosotis is a genus of blue annuals or perennials that are one of the birth flowers of September. According to folklore, God named them when they called out 'forget-me-not'. Read a book with a forgetful or amnesiac main character. Alternatively, read a book with an enduring love story. Also a symbol of those lost in war, you can read a book with a main character who lost a loved one in war or someone whose life was devastated by war.
11. Love in Vain: The Morning Glory is one of three birth flowers for September. It symbolized "love in vain" in the language of flowers during Victorian times. Read a book about unrequited love, or one in which the character loves "not wisely nor well." Since it is now the symbol for genuine affection and the 11th Wedding Anniversary, you could use it for a book in which the main couple has had a long, happy marriage.
12. History 101: Since school is in session, read a book that commemorates one of the following historical events that take place in September: The Great Fire of London, Elizabeth I's birthday, The start and end of the 2nd World War, Discovery of Penicillin, Elvis Presley appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time, The word 'obey' deleted from the marriage ceremony vows. Indicate which one you picked and how it was used.

Let's celebrate the first month of fall and a month full of reading in September!

Information about the month of September taken from various websites that I do not own.

Challenge Participants

*Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress
*Nikita
*Kim
*Tina Theresa
*Elizabeth
*Tanya
*Story_girl
*MartaJ
*Brenda

message 2: by Isha (last edited Sep 21, 2013 03:40AM) (new)

Isha DHASG - Monthly Challenge
~ September Challenge ~
Duration:
September 1 to September 30, 2013

Levels: Fall in Love with Reading
Read:10

1. School is In!: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - 04/09 ★★

2. Argh!, Matey! - read a book with pirates in the storyline. Alternatively, you could read a book with a character named: Jack, Anne, Henry, Edward, Morgan, Jean, William, or Mary (all famous pirates). Another alternative would be to read a book where the main character is pregnant (women pirates could escape hanging by pleading their bellies), or is a runaway from a very bad lifestyle (since this is why many turned to piracy).

3. Labor Day: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - 03/08 ★★★★
4. Respect Your Elders!: Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh - 01/09 ★★★
5. Fight the Power!: The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter - 08/09 ★★★
6. Be Prepared!: Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley - 11/09 ★★★
7. Hispanic Heritage Month: Breaking Point by Pamela Clare - 02/09 ★★★
8. La Couleur Bleue: The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery - 07/09 ★★★
9. The Balanced One: This Girl by Colleen Hoover - 12/09 ★★★★
10. Forget Me Not!: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan - 06/09 ★★★
11. Love in Vain: The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst - 13/08 ★★★

12. History 101 - read a book that commemorates one of the following historical events that take place in September: The Great Fire of London, Elizabeth I's birthday, The start and end of the 2nd World War, Discovery of Penicillin, Elvis Presley appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time, The word 'obey' deleted from the marriage ceremony vows. Indicate which one you picked and how it was used.

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Wallbanger by Alice Clayton Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #0.2, Angel's Wolf #3.5, Angels' Dance #0.1) by Nalini Singh The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10) by Gena Showalter Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare The Unexpected Millionaire (Book #2) by Susan Mallery This Girl (Slammed, #3) by Colleen Hoover Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionare, #3) by Jennifer Probst

message 3: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments I'm in too & hopefully I will do better than I did for the August challenge.

message 4: by Tina Theresa (last edited Sep 22, 2013 04:16AM) (new)

Tina Theresa | 96 comments Levels Fall in Love with Reading: 12/10-12 books DONE

1. School is In!: Angels Blood 9/13
2.Argh!, Matey!: Some Girls Bite 9/3
3.Labor Day: Naked in Death 9/14
4.Respect Your Elders!: A taste of Midnight 9/20
5.Fight the Power!: Immortally Ever After 9/21
6. Be Prepared!: Animal Magnetism 9/22
7.Hispanic Heritage Month: Wild Cat 9/8
8.La Couleur Bleue : Archangel's Kiss 9/20
9.The Balanced One: Concrete Evidence 9/11
10.Forget Me Not!:(amnesiac main character). Possession 9/12
11. Love in Vain: Entice 9/15
12. History 101: ('obey') Beyond Shame 9/5

Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1) by Kit Rocha Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3) by Jennifer Ashley Concrete Evidence (Evidence, #1) by Rachel Grant Possession (The Plus One Chronicles, #2) by Jennifer Lyon Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Entice (Exquisite, #2) by Ella Frank A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5) by Lara Adrian Immortally Ever After (Monster M*A*S*H, #3) by Angie Fox Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Please add Edward to the list of pirate names for the Argh!, Matey! part of the challenge.

message 6: by Elizabeth (last edited Sep 20, 2013 11:40PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) DHASG September 2013 Reading Challenge
Duration: 9/1/13 - 9/31/13
Read 10/10 books
(Level:Fall in love with reading)

1. School is In!: Knight, on my TBR since Jan 23, 2013, 9/13/2013
2.Argh!, Matey!: (h is named Mari) Tamed by a Highlander, 9/20/2013
3.Labor Day: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, 9/7/2013
4.Respect Your Elders!: (immortals)Zen and the Art of Vampires, 9/8/2013
5.Fight the Power!: Read a book with characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence (freedom fighters).
6. Be Prepared!: (the MCs practice "safe sex") Just One Kiss, 9/17/2013
7.Hispanic Heritage Month: (Hector Chavez!)Rock Chick Regret, 9/16/2013
8.La Couleur Bleue: (blue cover)Sizzle and Burn, 9/3/2013
9.The Balanced One: (h has trouble saying no to others) Fallen, 9/18/2013
10.Forget Me Not!: (MC whose life was devastated by war) Masters at Arms, 9/11/2013
11. Love in Vain: (unrequited love) Tempting the Bride, 9/18/2013
12. History 101: Read a book that commemorates one of the following historical events that take place in September: The Great Fire of London, Elizabeth I's birthday, The start and end of the 2nd World War, Discovery of Penicillin, Elvis Presley appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time, The word 'obey' deleted from the marriage ceremony vows.

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3) by Paula Quinn Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones, #6) by Katie MacAlister Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold #10) by Susan Mallery Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7) by Kristen Ashley Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3) by Jayne Ann Krentz Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1) by Kallypso Masters Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3) by Sherry Thomas

message 7: by Tanya (last edited Sep 25, 2013 05:09PM) (new)

Tanya (weebeaks) 1. School is In!: Midnight Man (Midnight, #1) by Lisa Marie Rice Midnight Man

3.Labor Day: Seize Me (Breakneck, #1) by Crystal Spears Seize Me

4.Respect Your Elders!: Everlasting Hunger by Brandy Dorsch Everlasting Hunger

5.Fight the Power!: Post-WWIII fighting corrupt new government Guarding Angel by Jayton Young Guarding Angel

6. Be Prepared!: Getting Rowdy by Lori Foster Getting Rowdy

8.La Couleur Bleue : (eyes) Simon Says (SBC Fighters, #2) by Lori Foster Simon Says

message 8: by Story_girl (new)

Story_girl | 24 comments Count me in!

message 9: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments I am starting Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb for #8. I think it fits in two ways; the cover is blue, plus Roarke always stays true to Eve.

8.La Couleur Bleue : Sapphire is a birth stone for the month of September. In honor of its color blue, read a book with a main character who has blue eyes, blue hair, wears a lot of blue; you could read a book that has blue on its cover. You could also read a book that makes you feel blue (aka sad). Since sapphires are associated with loyalty and faithfulness, read a book where the hero stays faithful to the heroine no matter what.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Kim wrote: "I am starting Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb for #8. I think it fits in two ways; the cover is blue, plus Roarke always stays true to Eve.

8.La Couleur Bleue : Sapphire is a birth stone..."

What serendipity!

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 19, 2013 09:33AM) (new)

Working 9 to 5: Read 5-9 books
Read 9/9 books

COMPLETED DHASG SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE 09/19/13

1. School is In!: Since school is back in session, your homework is to read the first book in a series that you have had on your bookshelf/ereader for more than six months.Club Shadowlands**** done 09/08/13
2.Argh!, Matey!: September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. In honor, read a book with pirates in the storyline.I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1**done 09/19/13
3.Labor Day: Since the first Monday of September is Labor Day, celebrate by reading any book you want for this part of the challenge.The Break-Up Psychic**** done 09/13/13
4.Respect Your Elders!(immortals):Fantasy Lover***** done 09/12/13
5.Fight the Power!: Read a book with characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence (freedom fighters). Divergent*****done 09/19/13
6. Be Prepared!: Read a book where the main characters are prepared for any eventuality. Sudden Response*** done 09/07/13
7.Hispanic Heritage Month: Since we celebrate the contributions of people of Latin heritage in the US this month, lets do it by reading a book with a main character who is of Latin heritage or descent. You could also read a book set in a Latin American country or in Spain or Portugal.
8.La Couleur Bleue : (blue hair)The Darkest Lie***** done 09/05/13
9.The Balanced One: Libra is the other birth sign for September (along with Virgo). Libras are known to be fair, tactful, and charming. They are known for their balanced approach to situations and people. Because they are so amiable, they have trouble saying no to others. Although they can be selfish, they never betray others. Read a book with a main character who exhibits any of the above traits.
10.Forget Me Not!:(someone whose life was devastated by war)Shades of Honor**** done 09/14/13
11. Love in Vain:(character loves not wisely nor well)No More Running** done 09/10/13
12. History 101: (2nd World War)

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1 by Megan Rose Gedris The Break-Up Psychic (Dangerously Dimpled, #1) by Emily Hemmer Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Sudden Response (EMS, #1) by R.L. Mathewson The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1) by Wendy Lindstrom No More Running by Jayton Young

message 12: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 19, 2013 06:48AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 124 comments Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group
DHASG September Challenge
Duration:
9/1/2013 - 9/30/2013

Progress: 10 out of 10 (Fall in Love with Reading: Read 10-12 books)

1. School is In!: Since school is back in session, your homework is to read the first book in a series that you have had on your bookshelf/ereader for more than six months:
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves - ***** - 9/2/2013

2.Argh!, Matey!: September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day: In honor, read a book with pirates in the storyline. Alternatively, you could read a book with a character named: Jack, Anne, Henry, Edward, Morgan, Jean, William, or Mary (all famous pirates). Another alternative would be to read a book where the main character is pregnant (women pirates could escape hanging by pleading their bellies), or is a runaway from a very bad lifestyle (since this is why many turned to piracy).
Zoo by James Patterson - *** - 9/4/2013

3.Labor Day: Since the first Monday of September is Labor Day, celebrate by reading any book you want for this part of the challenge:
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher - **** - 9/3/2013

4.Respect Your Elders!: Not only does Grandparent's Day get celebrated in September, but in Japan they celebrate Respect for the Aged Day this month. In honor of these days to celebrate the older people in our lives, read a book with a character who is older than 59. Yes, you can count an immortally young character, as long as they are chronologically older than 59:
Unsinkable: A Memoir by Debbie Reynolds - ***** - 9/9/2013

5.Fight the Power!: Mexico celebrates its independence day and Mozambique celebrates its revolution this month. Read a book with characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence (freedom fighters):
Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews - ***** - 9/15/2013

6. Be Prepared!: In the US, we celebrate National Preparedness Month in September: Read a book where the main characters are prepared for any eventuality. You could even read a book where the main characters practice "safe sex.":
Virgin River by Robyn Carr - **** - 9/16/2013

8.La Couleur Bleue: Sapphire is a birth stone for the month of September. In honor of its color blue, read a book with a main character who has blue eyes, blue hair, wears a lot of blue; you could read a book that has blue on its cover. You could also read a book that makes you feel blue (aka sad). Since sapphires are associated with loyalty and faithfulness, read a book where the hero stays faithful to the heroine no matter what:
Lover Mine by J.R. Ward - *** - 9/5/2013

9. The Balanced One: Libra is the other birth sign for September (along with Virgo). Libras are known to be fair, tactful, and charming. They are known for their balanced approach to situations and people. Because they are so amiable, they have trouble saying no to others. Although they can be selfish, they never betray others: Read a book with a main character who exhibits any of the above traits.
The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings - **** - 9/6/2013

10.Forget Me Not!: Myosotis is a genus of blue annuals or perennials that are one of the birth flowers of September. According to folklore, God named them when they called out 'forget-me-not': Read a book with a forgetful or amnesiac main character. Alternatively, read a book with an enduring love story. Also a symbol of those lost in war, you can read a book with a main character who lost a loved one in war or someone whose life was devastated by war:
A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare - ***** - 9/10/2013

11. Love in Vain: The Morning Glory is one of three birth flowers for September. It symbolized "love in vain" in the language of flowers during Victorian times. Read a book about unrequited love, or one in which the character loves "not wisely nor well." Since it is now the symbol for genuine affection and the 11th Wedding Anniversary, you could use it for a book in which the main couple has had a long, happy marriage.

12. History 101: Since school is in session, read a book that commemorates one of the following historical events that take place in September: The Great Fire of London, Elizabeth I's birthday, The start and end of the 2nd World War, Discovery of Penicillin, Elvis Presley appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time, The word 'obey' deleted from the marriage ceremony vows. Indicate which one you picked and how it was used:
Doukakis's Apprentice by Sarah Morgan - *** - 9/18/2013 - Takes Place in London

On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher Zoo by James Patterson Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings Unsinkable A Memoir by Debbie Reynolds A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Doukakis's Apprentice by Sarah Morgan

message 13: by Story_girl (last edited Sep 13, 2013 08:07AM) (new)

Story_girl | 24 comments DHASG SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
(Monthly Reading Challenges)
Duration: 9/1/2013 - 9/30/2013
LEVEL :
undecided

1. School is In!

2.Argh!, Matey!:

3.Labor Day:
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout date read : 9/2/13 (celebrate by reading any book you want)

4.Respect Your Elders!:

5.Fight the Power!:
Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout date read: 9/13/13 (characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence)

6. Be Prepared!:

7.Hispanic Heritage Month:

8.La Couleur Bleue :

9.The Balanced One:

10.Forget Me Not!:

11. Love in Vain:

12. History 101:

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 19 comments DHASG September Challenge
Duration: 9/1/13 - 9/30/13
Level: Box Lunch: Read 3-4 books

0/4

1. School is In!:

2.Argh!, Matey!:

3.Labor Day:

4.Respect Your Elders!:

5.Fight the Power!:

6. Be Prepared!:

7.Hispanic Heritage Month:

8.La Couleur Bleue:

9.The Balanced One:

10.Forget Me Not!:

11. Love in Vain:

12. History 101:

message 15: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments 1/12

8.La Couleur Bleue: Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb (9/11)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 19, 2013 09:47AM) (new)

Completed my first DHASG challenge! Please see prior post.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Congratulations, MartaJ!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The October challenge is up!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) Challenge completed - post 6 updated.

Congrats to the finishers!

message 20: by Isha (new)

Isha Completed and congrats to the rest of the finishers!

DHASG - Monthly Challenge
~ September Challenge ~
Duration:
September 1 to September 30, 2013

Levels: Fall in Love with Reading
Read:10

1. School is In!: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - 04/09 ★★
3. Labor Day: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - 03/08 ★★★★
4. Respect Your Elders!: Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh - 01/09 ★★★
5. Fight the Power!: The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter - 08/09 ★★★
6. Be Prepared!: Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley - 11/09 ★★★
7. Hispanic Heritage Month: Breaking Point by Pamela Clare - 02/09 ★★★
8. La Couleur Bleue: The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery - 07/09 ★★★
9. The Balanced One: This Girl by Colleen Hoover - 12/09 ★★★★
10. Forget Me Not!: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan - 06/09 ★★★
11. Love in Vain: The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst - 13/08 ★★★

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Wallbanger by Alice Clayton Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #0.2, Angel's Wolf #3.5, Angels' Dance #0.1) by Nalini Singh The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10) by Gena Showalter Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare The Unexpected Millionaire (Book #2) by Susan Mallery This Girl (Slammed, #3) by Colleen Hoover Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionare, #3) by Jennifer Probst

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Congrats, Elizabeth and Nikita!

message 22: by Tina Theresa (new)

Tina Theresa | 96 comments Post #4 Done

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Way to Go, Tina Theresa.

message 24: by Kim Davis (new)

Kim Davis | 134 comments Work was just too busy so I was working long hours and I wasn't able to read as much as I wanted this month.

message 25: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (weebeaks) Am done.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Congratulations, Tanya.

That's okay, Kim. Sometimes we have a lot on our plates.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 02, 2013 05:21PM) (new)

Danielle's DHASG September Challenge
Update: 10/2/13
Completed: 11/12 DONE!!!
Level: Fall in Love with Reading

DONE 2.Argh!, Matey!: September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. you could read a book with a character named: Jack--Fables Vol 2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham 9/10
DONE 3.Labor Day: Since the first Monday of September is Labor Day, celebrate by reading any book you want for this part of the challenge.: Negotiating Skills by Laurel Cremont 9/11
DONE 4.Respect Your Elders!: Not only does Grandparent's Day get celebrated in September, but in Japan they celebrate Respect for the Aged Day this month. read a book with a character who is older than 59. Yes, you can count an immortally young character, as long as they are chronologically older than 59. Cry Wolf, Vol. 1 by Patricia Briggs 9/23
DONE 5.Fight the Power!: Mexico celebrates its independence day and Mozambique celebrates its revolution this month. Read a book with characters who are fighting against cruel authorities or for their independence (freedom fighters).: The Rebels of Cordovia by Linda Clarke Weaver 9/5
DONE 6. Be Prepared!: In the US, we celebrate National Preparedness Month in September. Read a book where the main characters are prepared for any eventuality. You could even read a book where the main characters practice "safe sex.": Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles 9/16
DONE 7.Hispanic Heritage Month: Since we celebrate the contributions of people of Latin heritage in the US this month, lets do it by reading a book with a main character who is of Latin heritage or descent. You could also read a book set in a Latin American country or in Spain or Portugal.: Cry Wolf Vo1. 2 by Patricia Briggs (Asil is a Spaniard) 9/23
DONE 8.La Couleur Bleue : Sapphire is a birth stone for the month of September. In honor of its color blue, read a book with a main character who has blue eyes, blue hair, book that has blue on its cover.: Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale 9/25
DONE 9.The Balanced One: Libra is the other birth sign for September (along with Virgo). Libras are known to be fair, tactful, and charming. They are known for their balanced approach to situations and people. Because they are so amiable, they have trouble saying no to others. Although they can be selfish, they never betray others. Read a book with a main character who exhibits any of the above traits.: Zora's Chance by Aliyah Burke 9/14
DONE 10.Forget Me Not!: Myosotis is a genus of blue annuals or perennials that are one of the birth flowers of September. According to folklore, God named them when they called out 'forget-me-not'. . Alternatively, read a book with an enduring love story. Also a symbol of those lost in war, you can read a book with a main character who lost a loved one in war or someone whose life was devastated by war.: Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan 9/10
DONE 11. Love in Vain: The Morning Glory is one of three birth flowers for September. It symbolized "love in vain" in the language of flowers during Victorian times. Read a book about unrequited love: Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare 9/12
DONE 12. History 101: Since school is in session, read a book that commemorates one of the following historical events that take place in September: The Great Fire of London, Elizabeth I's birthday (book set in England in various time periods): The Unwritten, Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey 9/8

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Thanks to everyone who participated!