Classics for Beginners discussion

Your Personal Classics > Marlene's classics

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marlene (last edited Mar 12, 2013 07:09AM) (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) This folder sounds like a great idea, so I'll make a list of my classics, too. It's good to see what I've already read and what I want to read. Also, it could be a nice way of motivation to see the list grow.

As I'm not always sure if what I've read is a classic or not, there will be a list of them, too. Everybody is invited to tell me what they think about them because I have no idea how else to find out. Thanks for that in advance!

message 3: by Marlene (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:27AM) (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Possible classics?:

Der kleine Wassermann
Der Sandmann
Die Physiker
Fraulein Else
Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer
Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
Krabat
Max und Moritz. Eine Bubengeschichte in sieben Streichen
Momo
Pippi Longstocking
The Dispossessed
The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood
The Name of the Rose

Most of them are German children's books, so you might not even know them or know them by a different name. I've already seen discussions like "what makes a book a classic", so I know this is not just a problem for me. I really have no idea.
Of course there could be mistakes in the other lists as well, so feel free to correct me.

message 6: by Marlene (last edited Mar 29, 2013 05:36AM) (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Currently reading:

message 7: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) I always welcome suggestions - I just don't know how fast I can read them. :)

message 8: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) Was the man in the iron mask harder to follow without having read all the books in between??

message 9: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Sorry, I haven't read it yet. It's still on my to-read shelf (and I haven't even bought it yet). I think I'll read the books from the beginning, though.