Judii
Judii asked:

Anyone find this book to really help? I need some help lol.

Andrea It's his story, and it's good. But if you already are convinced of the value of meditation, there are more complete guides out there. Harris even suggests a few at the end of the book along with his own short guide. Try Dr. Mark Epstein and Joseph Goldstein.
Mir yes! really good progression of the mental path that took him to meditation.
simple, straightforward and practical...for the theory behind the practices you have to read the books on meditation.
Karen I found this book very helpful in his suggestions at the end of the book on how to start and he refers you to other books to read more about meditation. A good place to begin and has an entertaining story to go with it.
Esme I've read many books on meditation, but I still found this insightful. Yes, it helps. I'd also suggest John Kabat-Zinn and Thich Nhat Hanh.
Dane Winkler It's been helpful to me so far. His story seems to help someone navigate through this hectic world. I'm not done, I'm eager to hear more of his own practice.
Rosemary Romero deleon Chapter 7, this is his experience, journey and progression through his struggles. I am enjoying it, I can relate and I am laughing. I am simply taking his book as a memoir/story about him. I am a fan of Dan Harris and now I am a bigger fan. I too struggle with that inner voice I am able to relate to a lot of his experiences. If I am able to walk away with something that will help me in my journey through life than I'll take it. Loving it.
Lindsey I wasn't reading this for self-help or to get myself into meditation. It's a great memoir for the general public who is interested in getting into meditation. He explores various theories and gurus and gives a very honest review of each of them. As some of the folks below suggest, I would read a few different experts like Goldstein and/or John Kabat-Zinn. Also, I'm currently reading the Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness which is another step by step guide rather than philosophy.
Witoyo Sucianto It's nice to use his life story as a lesson and guidance. We can relate to his troubles and findings as lay person living in a chaotic world. Hopefully you can get something out of his life story.
Ellen Help with what? Meditating? I got a lot more from books by people he makes fun of -- Tolle, Chopra, Brach, Jean Houston, etc.
Image for 10% Happier
by Dan Harris (Goodreads Author)