The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Yearly Challenges > 'So Many Series' Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (last edited Dec 15, 2011 11:17AM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3564 comments Mod
There are a lot of series that I need to start. And I know there a lot of you that are in the same boat as me.

Ok for this challenge you have to start as many new series you can in a year.
ETA
You can read a series that you only one book in that series

Duration: One year from that day you start

Rules
1.Any genre will work
2.No rereads
3.Audio and ebooks count
4.You can post your list now or as you go
5.Just have fune

Not going to open this challenge until Jan 1st to give everyone time to get through the holidays but you still can post your list now if you like it that way.

ETA
You can change your list if you are not liking a seires

ETA
you can use the books for other challenges for this challenge

message 2: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I would love to do this challenge! Will post once I figure it out. There are quite a few series I would love to start. Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 book in? Just curious.

message 3: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Leslie wrote: "Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 b..."

Leslie that will work

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 b..."

Leslie that will work"

So, does that mean we can continue a series we have started to read? Just making sure.

message 5: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 b..."

Leslie that will work"

So, does that mean we can continue a series we have s..."

If you only read just one of the books in that series

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 b..."

Leslie that will work"

So, does that mean we ca..."

I think I understand now.

message 7: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Does it have to be a completely new series, or can it be one you've read 1 b..."

Leslie that will work"

S..."

Ok

message 8: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Thanks for the clarification. I have so many series that I have read one of them. I'm having fun finding them all.

message 9: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I know same here Leslie

message 10: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Dec 31, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) For this challenge you have to start as many new series you can in a year.
Duration: 1/1/12 - 12/31/12

JANUARY
When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1) by Celeste Bradley Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione The Wedding Bargain (Effingtons, #1) by Victoria Alexander One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Through a Dark Mist (Robin Hood, #1) by Marsha Canham The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr, #1) by C.S. Harris Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine

FEBRUARY
And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1) by Tasha Alexander Secrets of Bella Terra (Bella Terra Deception, #1) by Christina Dodd Wedding Survivor (Thrillseekers Anonymous #1) by Julia London The Witch of Agnesi (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #1) by Robert Spiller Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire Bound by Night (Bound #1) by Amanda Ashley The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy, #1) by N.J. Walters The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter

MARCH
The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston The Black Lyon (Montgomery, #1) by Jude Deveraux Only His (Only Series, #1) by Elizabeth Lowell Dance of the Winnebagos (A Jackrabbit Junction Mystery #1) by Ann Charles Dragon Actually (The Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, #1) by Nora Roberts Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Greatest Knight (William Marshal, #2) by Elizabeth Chadwick Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) by Terry Spear Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1) by Marsha Canham Hearts at Stake (The Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries #1) by Elizabeth Hunter Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Out of Time A Time Travel Mystery by Monique Martin

APRIL
The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences #1) by Philippa Ballantine Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden Infinite Betrayal (Infinity Series, #1) by Gayle Donnelly The Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2) by Beverly Barton Hearts Aflame (Viking , #2) by Johanna Lindsey

MAY
Dragon Warrior by Shéa MacLeod Night of the Wolves by Heather Graham Amber Beach (Donovan, #1) by Elizabeth Lowell Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1) by Laura Lee Guhrke 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine, #1) by Linda Wisdom Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within Novel, #1) by Jennifer Turner Left To Die (To Die, #1) by Lisa Jackson The Storm That Is Sterling (Zodius, #2) by Lisa Renee Jones Heart of the Hunter (Dragon Chalice, #1) by Tina St. John His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone The Forever Queen (The Saxon Series #1) by Helen Hollick The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1) by Tracy Madison

JUNE
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Protector (Underground Guardians, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1) by Geralyn Dawson Only His (Fool's Gold, #6) by Susan Mallery Blue Diablo (Corine Solomon, #1) by Ann Aguirre Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks

JULY
Cover Me (Elite Force #1) by Catherine Mann Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1) by Vivian Arend Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) by Iris Johansen Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1) by Marsha Canham First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) by Katie MacAlister

August
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1) by Toni Blake Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Dragon Heat (Dragon, #1) by Allyson James Sweet Release (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #1) by Pamela Clare Killing Moon (Moon, #1) by Rebecca York The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) by Kay Hooper Call of the Highland Moon (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #1) by Kendra Leigh Castle

September
87.Dark Jewels TrilogyDark Ruby 9/19/12 *** stars
88.US MarshallsCold Ridge9/30/12 ***1/2 stars
89.The Three GracesBy His Majesty's Grace 9/15/12 ***1/2 stars
90.Stolen TrilogyStolen Fury 9/4/12 ****1/2 stars
91. Graceling RealmGraceling 9/10/12 *** stars
92.Black OpsShow No Mercy9/22/12 ****1/2 stars
93.Maxwell'sAutumn Lover (Maxwells, #1)9/2/12 *** stars
Dark Ruby (Dark Jewels Trilogy, #1) by Lisa Jackson Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1) by Carla Neggers By His Majesty's Grace (The Three Graces, #1) by Jennifer Blake Stolen Fury (Stolen Trilogy, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) by Cindy Gerard Autumn Lover (Maxwells, #1) (Only, #5) by Elizabeth Lowell
Duration: 1/1/12 - 12/31/12

OCTOBER(view spoiler)
Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews To Kill A Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil, #1) by H.P. Mallory Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1) by Linnea Sinclair Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club, #1) by Donna Kauffman Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1) by Bec McMaster A Well Pleasured Lady (Fairchild Family, #1) by Christina Dodd The Prisoner (Orphan, #1) by Karyn Monk Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women #1) by Loretta Chase One Night in Scotland (Hurst Amulet, #1) by Karen Hawkins Me and My Ghoulfriends (Larue Donavan #1) by Rose Pressey Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1) by Bianca D'Arc

NOVEMBER(view spoiler)
Highland Warrior (Campbell Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2) by Elaine Coffman City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) by Sherryl Woods I Burn for You (Primes, #1) by Susan Sizemore Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1) by Ann Bruce Bait (Angler, #1) by Annie Nicholas

DECEMBER
115.Twilight, TexasThe Sweethearts' Knitting Club 12/7/12 *** stars
116.ArgenneauA Quick Bite 12/20/12 *** stars
117.Harry BoschThe Black Echo12/15/12 ***1/2 stars
118.Black Knights, IncHell on Wheels 12/27/12 *** stars
119.Shifters UnboundPride Mates 12/11/12 ***1/2 stars
120.Hellraiser'sThe Devil's Kiss 12/8/12 ****stars
121.Night StalkersThe Night Is Mine12/15/12 ***1/2 stars
The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) by Lori Wilde Devil's Kiss (The Hellraisers, #1) by Zoe Archer Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1) by M.L. Buchman The Black Echo (Harry Bosch, #1) by Michael Connelly A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands Hell on Wheels (Black Knights, Inc., #1) by Julie Ann Walker

message 11: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Getting my list together

message 12: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2661 comments Start new series? Heck in 2012 I'm trying to finish some. I'll have to pass on this challenge. Good luck ladies.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Barbara wrote: "Start new series? Heck in 2012 I'm trying to finish some. I'll have to pass on this challenge. Good luck ladies."

I think Liz is allowing us to read just one book from any series that we have started for this challenge since me and I think another person asked the question.

message 14: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Start new series? Heck in 2012 I'm trying to finish some. I'll have to pass on this challenge. Good luck ladies."

I think Liz is allowing us to read just one book from any series..."

Amy is right you can use a seires that you have just read one book in that series

message 15: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:56AM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Here's my tentative list:

Completed: 59 books

1.) Hallowed 4/19/12
2.) Until I Die 11/20/12
3.) Life Eternal 6/3/12
4.) Destined 9/4/12
5.) Just for Fins 9/2/12
6.) A Beautiful Evil 4/13/12
7.) Endlessly 9/21/12
8.) Dreamless 7/15/12
9.) Arise 12/17/12
10.) Perception 4/28/12
11.) The Last Echo 6/16/12
12.) Charmfall 5/23/12
13.) The Calling 6/19/12
14.) The Savage Grace 5/27/12
15.) A Want So Wicked 7/31/12
16.) Two Truths and a Lie 4/2/2012
17.) Born Wicked 12/15/12
18.) Shine 7/21/12
19.) Darkness Falls 3/28/2012
20.) The Marked 9/17/12
21.) Tiger's Destiny 9/29/12
22.) Legend 1/10/12
23.) Awake at Dawn 1/13/12
24.) Crossed 1/14/12
25.) Halflings 1/16/12
26.) So Silver Bright 1/21/12
27.) Bleeding Hearts 3/30/12
28.) Cinder 3/31/12
29.) Dark Inside 4/14/12
30.) Bloodrose 4/9/2012
31.) Beautiful Chaos 4/25/12
32.) Pandemonium 4/16/12
33.) Shatter Me 4/21/12
34.) Switched 4/27/12
35.) The Name of the Star 3/27/12
36.) The Pledge 5/3/12
37.) The Girl of Fire and Thorns 5/5/12
38.) In the Forests of the Night 5/7/12
39.) Jessica Rules the Dark Side 5/13/12
40.) Dead is a Battlefield 5/17/12
41.) Variant 5/24/12
42.) Tempest 5/9/12
43.) Truth 6/9/12
44.) Concealed 1/25/12
45.) Grave Mercy 7/6/12
46.) Dearly, Departed 7/26/12
47.) Devoted 9/10/12
48.) Embrace 7/10/12
49.) Diabolical 9/24/12
50.) Hidden 10/7/12
51.) Everneath 10/27/12
52.) Enshadowed 11/2/12
53.) Such Wicked Intent 11/6/12
54.) Wake 11/11/12
55.) Dark Destiny 11/25/12
56.) The Rise of Nine 11/29/12
57.) The Evolution of Mara Dyer 11/24/12
58.) Sapphire Blue 12/3/12
59.) Days of Blood & Starlight 12/30/12

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum Life Eternal (Dead Beautiful, #2) by Yvonne Woon Destined (Wings, #4) by Aprilynne Pike Just for Fins (Fins, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2) by Kelly Keaton Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) by Josephine Angelini Arise (Hereafter, #2) by Tara Hudson Perception (Clarity, #2) by Kim Harrington The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) by Kimberly Derting Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3) by Chloe Neill The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3) by Bree Despain A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2) by Suzanne Young Two Truths and a Lie (The Lying Game, #3) by Sara Shepard Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1) by Jessica Spotswood Shine (Shade, #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2) by Cate Tiernan The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2) by Inara Scott Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Halflings (Halflings, #1) by Heather Burch So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3) by Lisa Mantchev Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1) by Jeyn Roberts Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) by Kimberly Derting The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2) by Kersten Hamilton Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2) by Beth Fantaskey Dead is a Battlefield (Dead Is, #6) by Marlene Perez Variant (Variant, #1) by Robison Wells Tempest (Tempest, #1) by Julie Cross Truth (XVI, #2) by Julia Karr Concealed (Concealed, #1) by Sang Kromah Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel Devoted (Elixir, #2) by Hilary Duff Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington Diabolical (Tantalize, #4) by Cynthia Leitich Smith Hidden (Firelight, #3) by Sophie Jordan Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2) by Kelly Creagh Such Wicked Intent (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein, #2) by Kenneth Oppel Wake (Watersong, #1) by Amanda Hocking Dark Destiny (Dark Mirror, #3) by Mary Jo Putney The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) by Pittacus Lore The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin Sapphire Blue (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor

message 16: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 28, 2012 04:27PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I am going to try for 2 a month.

Second in a series:
1. Books of Bayern :Enna Burning Shannon Hale, 1/18/12
2. Domestic Gods- Too Hot to Handle- Robin Kaye
3. Others: She's No Faerie Princess, Christine Warren, 1/7/12
4. The Hathaways- Seduce Me at Sunrise Lisa Kleypas
5. Immortals After Dark- No Rest for the Wicked- Kresley Cole
6. The Morganville Vampires- The Dead Girls' Dance- Rachel Caine
7. Shifters- Rogue- Rachel Vincent (will read 1st in December)
8. Fallen- Torment- Lauren Kate
9. Nightwalkers- Gideon- Jacquelyn Frank
10. Parasol Protectorate: Changeless, Gail Carriger 1/2/12

New Series to start:
1. Masters of Time- Dark Seduction- Brenda Joyce
2. Kate Connor ~ Demon Hunter- Carpe Demon- Julie Kenner
3. Moon- Killing Moon- Rebecca York
4. Sisters of the Moon- Witchling- Yasmine Galenorn
5. The Sentinels- Touched by Darkness- Catherine Spangler
6. Need- Need- Carrie Jones
7. Dreamlight Trilogy- Fired Up- Jayne Ann Krentz
8. Fallen: Raziel, Kristina Douglas 1/4/12
9. Faeriewalker- Glimmerglass- Jenna Black
10. Across the Universe- Across the Universe- Beth Revis
11. Divergent- Divergent- Veronica Roth
12. Immortal Lovers- Wicked Temptation- Cora Zane
13. Enchanted, Inc.- Enchanted, Inc.- Shanna Swendson
14. Georgia Kinkaid- Succubus Blues- Richelle Mead
15. Jane Madison- Girl's Guide to Witchcraft- Mindy Klasky
16. Kate Daniels- Magic Bites- Ilona Andrews
17. Rhiannon's Law- Dead, Undead, or Somwhere in Between- J.A. Saare
18.Tales of an extraordinary girl- Playing with Fire- Gena Showalter
19. The Vespertine- The Vespertine- Saundra Mitchell
20. Lux- Obsidian- Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. Intertwined: Intertwined, Gena Showalter 1/12/12
22. St. Helens: Zinnia, Jayne Castle 1/20/11
23.Lords of DeliveranceEternal Rider, Larissa Ione 1/28/12

message 17: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Good Luck Dawn

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2012 02:20PM) (new)

1. The hunger games series:The Hunger Games
2. The Castor Chronicles:Beautiful Creatures
3. The Infernal Devices:Clockwork Angel
4. The Darkest Power:The Summoning
5. The Need series:Need
6. The Maze Runner: The Maze Runner
7. The Inheritance Series:Inheritance Cycle 4-Book Boxed Set
8. The Bloodlines Series:Bloodlines
9. The Uglies Series:Uglies, The Collector's Set
10. Jane True Series:Tempest Rising
11. Hex Hall Series:Hex Hall
12. Paranormalcy Series:Paranormalcy
13. Curse Workers Series:White Cat
14. The Edge Series:On the Edge
15. Dark Swan Series:Storm Born
16. The Hex Trilogy:Hex
17. Cold Awkening Trilogy:Frozen
18. Leviathan Series:Leviathan
19. The Chemical Garden Trilogy:Wither
20. The Nightshade Series:Nightshade
21. The Firelight Series: Firelight
22. The Generation Dead Series:Generation Dead
23. Across the Universe Series:Across the Universe
24. The Chronicles of Fearie:The Hunter's Moon
25. Dreamhouse Kings Series:House of Dark Shadows
26. Starcrossed Series:Starcrossed
27. Study Series:Poison Study
28. Fallen Series:Fallen
29. Stork Series:Stork
30. Delcroix Acedemy:The Candidates

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Inheritance Cycle 4-Book Boxed Set (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance) by Christopher Paolini Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Hex (Hex, #1) by Rhiannon Lassiter Frozen by Robin Wasserman Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Generation Dead (Generation Dead, #1) by Daniel Waters Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis The Hunter's Moon (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1) by O.R. Melling House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings, #1) by Robert Liparulo Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Stork (Stork, #1) by Wendy Delsol The Candidates (Delcroix Academy, #1) by Inara Scott

message 19: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Welcome Mary

message 20: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) So much for 2 a month I am already at 7 for January.

message 21: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

WTG Dawn

message 22: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Duration:1/1/12-12/31/12
Books Done: 7

1.Wither-1/3/12
2.Remembrance-1/9/12
3.Fury-1/11/12
4.Storm Born-1/23/12
5.Bloodlines-1/24/12
6.Die For Me-2/3/12
7.The Iron Witch-2/7/12

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1) by Michelle Madow Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Bloodlines by Richelle Mead Die For Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney

message 23: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Updated Post #10

message 24: by ~Leslie~ (new)

January: 12
February: 13
March: 7

message 25: by Barbara ★ (last edited Nov 15, 2012 05:18AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2661 comments As you can see by post 12, I wasn't planning on doing this challenge however while doing another challenge in another group, I realized that I am inadvertently reading a lot of first books so I figured WTH I may as well post them here.

JANUARY
1. Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris (Harper Connolly) 1/4
2. Debris - Jo Anderton (The Veiled Worlds) 1/15
3. Mob Rules - Cameron Haley (Underworld Cycle) 1/21
4. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception - Maggie Stiefvater (Book of Faerie) 1/21
5. The Falling Machine - Andrew Mayer (Society of Steam) 1/23
6. The Demon Trapper's Daughter - Jana Oliver (Demon Trappers) 1/25
7. Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison (Elder Races) 1/30
8. The Gathering - Kelley Armstrong (Darkness Rising) 1/31
9. In Bed with a Highlander - Maya Banks (McCabe Trilogy) 1/31

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine HarrisDebris (The Veiled Worlds, #1) by Jo AndertonMob Rules (Underworld Cycle, #1) by Cameron HaleyLament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie StiefvaterThe Falling Machine (The Society of Steam, #1) by Andrew P. MayerThe Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana OliverDragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea HarrisonThe Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongIn Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

FEBRUARY
10. Whiskey on the Rocks - Nina Wright (A Whiskey Mattimoe Mystery) 2/5
11. What's a Ghoul to Do? - Victoria Laurie (Ghost Hunter Mystery) 2/6
12. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine) 2/7
13. Murder is Binding - Lorna Barrett (A Booktown Mystery) 2/8
14. Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neill (Chicagoland Vampires) 2/10
15. Killing Me Softly - Maggie Shayne (Secrets of Shadow Falls) 2/12
16. Wicked Game - Jeri Smith-Ready (WVMP Radio) 2/12
17. Kansas Troubles - Earlene Fowler (A Benni Harper Mystery) 2/14
18. Haunting Beauty - Erin Quinn (Mists of Ireland) 2/21
19. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman (audio) (Eon) 2/25
20. I Am Not A Serial Killer - Dan Wells (John Cleaver) 2/26
21. Delicate Freakn' Flower - Eve Langlais (Freakn' Shifters) 2/28
Whiskey on the Rocks (A Whiskey Mattimoe Mystery #1) by Nina WrightWhat's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria LaurieMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom RiggsMurder is Binding (A Booktown Mystery, #1) by Lorna BarrettSome Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe NeillKilling Me Softly (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #1) by Maggie ShayneWicked Game (WVMP Radio, #1) by Jeri Smith-ReadyKansas Troubles (A Benni Harper Mystery #3) by Earlene FowlerHaunting Beauty (Mists of Ireland, #1) by Erin QuinnEon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison GoodmanI Am Not A Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1) by Dan WellsDelicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) by Eve Langlais

MARCH
22. Just Like Heaven - Julia Quinn (Smythe-Smith Quartet) 3/2
23. The Accidental Demon Slayer - Angie Fox (Demon Slayer) 3/4
24. A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley (A Flavia de Luce Mystery) 3/10
25. Ghost of a Chance - Yasmine Galenorn (A Chintz 'n China Mystery) 3/11
26. Santa Olivia - Jacquelyn Carey (Santa Olivia) 3/11
27. Dead Iron - Devon Monk (Age of Steam) 3/14
28. Lavender Morning - Jude Deveraux (Edilean) 3/15
29. A Chalice of Wind - Cate Tiernan (Balefire) 3/16
30. The Mournful Teddy - John Lamb (A Bear Collector's Mystery) 3/20
31. If He's Wicked - Hannah Howell (Wherlocke) 3/22
32. Havemercy - Jaida Jones (Havemercy) 3/26
33. Shadowlight - Lynn Viehl (Kyndred) 3/26
34. Raziel - Kristina Douglas (The Fallen) 3/27
35. On a Highland Shore - Kathleen Givens (Highland) 3/30

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet #1) by Julia QuinnThe Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie FoxA Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan BradleyGhost of a Chance (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #1) by Yasmine GalenornSanta Olivia (Santa Olivia, #1) by Jacqueline CareyDead Iron (Age of Steam, #1) by Devon MonkLavender Morning (Edilean, #1) by Jude DeverauxA Chalice of Wind (Balefire, #1) by Cate TiernanThe Mournful Teddy (A Bear Collector's Mystery #1) by John J. Lamb
If He's Wicked (Wherlocke #1) by Hannah HowellHavemercy (Havemercy #1) by Jaida JonesShadowlight (Kyndred, #1) by Lynn ViehlRaziel (The Fallen, #1) by Kristina DouglasOn a Highland Shore (Highland, #1) by Kathleen Givens

APRIL
36. Magic or Madness - Justine Larbalestier (Magic or Madness) 4/4
37. On Fire's Wings - Christie Golden (Final Dance) 4/10
38. Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione (Lords of Deliverance) 4/11
39. Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake (Anna) 4/12
40. A Spell for Chameleon - Piers Anthony (Xanth) 4/18
41. Awaken the Highland Warrior - Anita Clenney (Connor Clan) 4/21
42. Burning Alive - Shannon Butcher (The Sentinels) 4/23
43. The Perfect Play - Jaci Burton (Play by Play) 4/23
44. Acorna: The Unicorn Girl - Anne McCaffrey (Acorna) 4/29

Magic or Madness (Magic or Madness, #1) by Justine LarbalestierOn Fire's Wings (Final Dance, #1) by Christie GoldenEternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa IoneAnna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare BlakeA Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) by Piers AnthonyAwaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1) by Anita ClenneyBurning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. ButcherThe Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci BurtonAcorna The Unicorn Girl (Acorna #1) by Anne McCaffrey

MAY
45. Kilt Dead - Kaitlyn Dunnett (A Liss MacCrimmon Mystery) 5/2
46. Fanuilh - Daniel Hood (Fanuilh) 5/2
47. Storm of Visions - Christina Dodd (The Chosen Ones) 5/6
48. Covet - J.R. Ward (The Fallen Angels) 5/9
49. Sins of the Heart - Eve Silver (Otherkin) 5/14
50. Ghostland - Jory Strong (Ghostland) 5/23
51. Earl of Darkness - Alix Rickloff (Heirs of Kilronan) 5/26
52. Blood Will Tell - Samantha Young (Warriors of Ankh) 5/28
53. Ship of Magic - Robin Hobb (Liveship Traders) 5/29

Kilt Dead (A Liss MacCrimmon Mystery #1) by Kaitlyn DunnettFanuilh (Fanuilh, #1) by Daniel HoodStorm of Visions (The Chosen Ones, #1) by Christina DoddCovet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. WardSins of the Heart (Otherkin, #1) by Eve SilverGhostland (Ghostland World, #1) by Jory StrongEarl of Darkness (Heirs of Kilronan Trilogy, #1) by Alix RickloffBlood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1) by Samantha YoungShip of Magic (Liveship Traders, #1) by Robin Hobb

JUNE
54. Tiger Paw - Charles Cornell (Scott Forrester series) 6/7
55. Ascension - Caris Roane (The World of Ascension) 6/9
56. Moonshine - Alaya Johnson (Zephyr Hollis) 6/11
57. Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Legacy) 6/14 DNF (read 306/901 pages)
58. Sing the Four Quarters - Tanya Huff (Quarters) 6/25
59. Nightfall - Ellen Connor (Dark Age Dawning) 6/30

Tiger Paw by Charles A. CornellAscension (The World of Ascension #1) by Caris RoaneMoonshine (Zephyr Hollis, #1) by Alaya Dawn JohnsonKushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy #1) by Jacqueline CareySing the Four Quarters (Quarters, #1) by Tanya HuffNightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor

JULY
60. Intrinsical - Lani Woodland (The Yara Silva Trilogy) 7/2
61. Baby It's Cold Outside - Addison Fox (Alaskan Nights) 7/3
62. Corpse Pose - Diana Killian (Mantra for Murder) 7/5
63. Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James (Fifty Shades) 7/6
64. Weekend Warriors - Fern Michaels (Sisterhood) 7/7
65. Sweet Talk - Susan Mallery (Bakery Sisters) 7/8
66. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia) 7/9
67. Airborn - Kenneth Oppel (Matt Cruse) 7/12
68. Inside Out - Maria Snyder (Insider) 7/15
69. A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin (A Song of Fire and Ice) 7/19
70. Copper Beach - Jayne Ann Krentz (Dark Legacy) 7/28
71. Borrower of the Night - Elizabeth Peters (Vicky Bliss) 7/31
Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1) by Lani WoodlandBaby It's Cold Outside (Alaskan Nights, #1) by Addison FoxCorpse Pose (Mantra for Murder Mystery #1) by Diana KillianFifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. JamesWeekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) by Fern MichaelsSweet Talk (Bakery Sisters, #1) by Susan MalleryThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. LewisAirborn (Matt Cruse, #1) by Kenneth OppelInside Out (Insider, #1) by Maria V. SnyderA Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. MartinCopper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1) by Jayne Ann KrentzBorrower of the Night (Vicky Bliss, #1) by Elizabeth Peters

AUGUST
72. The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan (Demon's Lexicon Trilogy) 8/2
73. Ascension - Sable Grace (Dark Breed) 8/4
74. Sold to a Laird - Karen Ranney (Tulloch Sgathan Trilogy) 8/11
75. Eyes Of Crow - Jeri Smith-Ready (Aspect of Crow) 8/13
76. Demons Prefer Blondes - Sidney Ayers (Demons Unleashed) 8/14
77. Julie of the Wolves - Jean Craighead George (Julie of the Wolves) 8/19
78. The Color of Magic - Terry Pratchett (Discworld) 8/21
79. Ascension - Felicity Heaton (Ascension) 8/29
80. The Unsung Hero - Suzanne Brockmann (Troubleshooters) 8/30
The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #1) by Sarah Rees BrennanAscension (Dark Breed, #1) by Sable GraceSold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #1) by Karen RanneyEyes of Crow (Aspect of Crow, #1) by Jeri Smith-ReadyDemons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1) by Sidney AyersJulie of the Wolves (Julie of the Wolves, #1) by Jean Craighead GeorgeThe Color of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry PratchettAscension by Felicity E. HeatonThe Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann

SEPTEMBER
81. Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck (The Tiger Saga) 9/3
82. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake - Sarah MacLean (Love By Numbers) 9/9
83. Dragon in Chains - Daniel Fox (Moshui) 9/17
84. The Flame and the Shadow - Denise Rossetti (Four Sided Pentacle) 9/23
85. Firelight - Kristen Callihan 9(Darkest London) 9/24
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen HouckNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLeanDragon in Chains (Moshui, #1) by Daniel FoxThe Flame and the Shadow (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #1) by Denise RossettiFirelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan

October
86. Wages of Sin - Jenna Maclaine (Cin Craven) 10/4
87. The White Mountains - John Christopher (The Tripods) 10/9
88. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide) 10/13
89. The Viking - Margaret Moore (Viking) 10/16
90. Ruthless Heart - Emma Lang (Heart) 10/17
91. Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis (Lucky Harbor) 10/18
92. The Demon King - Cinda Williams Chima (Seven Realms) 10/25
93. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card (Ender's Saga) 10/27
94. Cold Magic - Kate Elliot (Spiritwalker Trilogy) 10/30
Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna MaclaineThe White Mountains by John ChristopherThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas AdamsThe Viking (Harlequin Historical, #200) (Viking, #1) by Margaret MooreRuthless Heart (Heart, #1) by Emma LangSimply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill ShalvisThe Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams ChimaEnder's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott CardCold Magic (The Spiritwalker Trilogy #1) by Kate Elliott

Continued at post #75

message 26: by ~Leslie~ (last edited May 26, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

January 12
February 13
March 17
April 4
May 14

message 27: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I have a guestion - I am reading a book in a new series, but it is not the first in the series. Does this count?

message 28: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2661 comments Since no one answered you Leslie, I'm going to take a shot in the dark.

The rules say: Ok for this challenge you have to start as many new series you can in a year.
ETA
You can read a series that you only one book in that series

It does not say that you have to start with the first book so I'd say YES the book you are reading counts.

message 29: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Thanks Barbara! Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going with your answer. It's what makes sense to me as well.

message 30: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I concur. As long as it is the first book in the series you read it counts.

message 31: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Leslie wrote: "Thanks Barbara! Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going with your answer. It's what makes sense to me as well."

Barbara is right your reading does count

message 32: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Leslie wrote: "I have a guestion - I am reading a book in a new series, but it is not the first in the series. Does this count?"

Sorry it took me forever to answer you

message 33: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 25, 2012 02:46PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) New Series started:

1. Fallen: Raziel, Kristina Douglas 1/4/12
2. Intertwined: Intertwined, Gena Showalter 1/12/12
3. St. Helens: Zinnia, Jayne Castle 1/20/12
4.Lords of DeliveranceEternal Rider, Larissa Ione 1/28/12
5.Seducing Sarah, Jinx Jamison 2/3/12
6.Devil Riders; To Catch a Bride, Anne Gracie 2/9/12
7.Gone with the Resperation ; Dearly, Departed, Lia Habel 2/17/12
8. Wild About You; Werewolf in the North Woods, Vicki Lewis Thompson 2/21/12
9. A Bewitching Mystery The Trouble With Magic, Madelyn Alt 2/23/12
10. Blades of the rose: Warrior, Zoe Archer 3/14/12
11. Of Witches and Warlocks; The Trouble With Spells, Lacey Weatherford 3/17/12
12. Alex Craft Grave Witch, Kalayna Price, 4/13/12
13. Seal Island Trilogy; The Selkie Spell, Sophie Moss 5/8/12
14. Soulfire; Kiss at Your Own Risk, Stephanie Rowe 6/1/12
15. werekind Under a Midnight Moon, Cora Zane 6/1/12
16. Turner; Unlocked, Courtney Milan 6/5/12
17. Lear Family Trilogy Material Girl , Julia London 6/29/12
18. Moon,Killing Moon, Rebecca York 7/4/12
19. Alpha and Omega Cry Wolf, Patricia Briggs 7/4/12
20. Wallflowers, Secrets of a Summer Night, Lisa Kleypas 7/6/12
21. Jazz Tremaine, 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover, Linda Winsom 7/31/12
22. Angels of the Dark Wicked Nights, Gena Showalter 8/2/12
23. Pride, The Mane Event, Shelly Laurenston 8/7/12
24. Die for Me, Amy Plum 8/12/12
25. Kingdom Come, Kathryn Le Veque 8/23/12
26. How to Abduct a Highland Lord, Karen Hawkins, 8/24/12

message 34: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1050 comments Does this challenge run for a year from when I sign up? Or did it start on January 1 and will end on December 31?

message 35: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) One year from that day you start. You could backdate to the begining of the month if you want.

message 36: by Barb (last edited Aug 11, 2013 12:22PM) (new)

Barb | 1050 comments Thanks Dawn, off to look at my reading list and see what I have on tap :)

I'm not going to commit to continuing all of these series, but I'll see how many I *can read in the next year :)

Absolution by Murder (Sister Fidelma #1), by Peter Tremayne, finished 12/12/12
Assaulted Pretzel (Amish Mystery #2), by Laura Bradford, finished 7/17

The Big Dirt Nap, by Rosemary Harris
Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs #2), by Jacqueline Winspear, finished 3/28/13
Bloody Mary, by J.A. Konrath
A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins #2), by Kate White, finished 1/14/13
2 Bodies For The Price Of 1, by Stephanie Bond
The Body in the Library (Miss Marple #2), by Agatha Christie, finished 1/10/13
A Broth of Betrayal (Soup Lovers #2), by Connie Archer, finished 5/6
A Brush with Death (Penny Brannigan #2), by Elizabeth J. Duncan, finished 6/9/13
Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Bernie Rhodenbarr #1), by Lawrence Block, finished 11/14/12
Buried Secrets, by Joseph Finder

A Catered Wedding, by Isis Crawford
Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks #2), by Miranda James, finished 4/26
Chocolate Dipped Death (Candy Shop #2), by Sammi Carter, finished 6/20/13
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor #1), by Lisa Kleypas, finished 2/4

Death of Riley, by Rhys Bowen
Death on Demand, by Carolyn Hart
Death Takes the Cake, by Melinda Wells
Death Tidies Up, by Barbara Colley

Deliver Us From Evil (Shaw & James #2), by David Baldacci, finished 5/24/13
Die Trying, by Lee Child
A Dog's Journey (Dog's Purpose #2), by W. Bruce Cameron, finished 8/2/13
Due or Die (Library Lovers #2), by Jenn McKinlay, finished 10/12/12
The Dutch Blue Error, by William G. Tapply
Eggs Benedict Arnold (Cackleberry Club #2), by Laura Childs, finished 9/29/12

Fit to Die, by J.B. Stanley
The Forgotten (John Puller #2), by David Baldacci, finished 12/26/12
Glazed Murder, by Jessica Beck
Guns Will Keep Us Together (Bombay Assassins #2), by Leslie Langtry, finished 3/17/13
Happiness Key, by Emilie Richards

Hearse of a Different Color, by Tim Cockey
If Books Could Kill, by Kate Carlisle
Injustice For All, by J.A. Jance
In Plain Sight (Ivy Malone #2), by Lorena McCourtney, finished 1/13/13

Mama Rides Shotgun (Mace Bauer #2), by Deborah Sharp, finished 6/29
Mexican Hat, by Michael McGarrity
Murder on the Menu, by Miranda Bliss
Miss Julia Takes Over, by Ann B. Ross
Never Sorry (Leigh Koslow #2), by Edie Claire, finished 2/15

Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder, by Chris Cavender
A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness #2), by Rhys Bowen, finished 7/11

Second Sight, by Philip R. Craig and William G. Tapply (Brady Coyne/J.W. Jackson #2), finished 9/12/12
Three Sisters (Blackberry Island #2), by Susan Mallery, finished 4/2/13
To Live & Die in Dixie, by Kathy Hogan Trocheck
Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril #2), by Maddy Hunter, finished 7/23/13
Trouble in Spades (Nina Quinn #2), by Heather Webber, finished 7/27/13

The Viking Funeral, by Stephen J. Cannell
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce #2), by Alan Bradley, finished 7/29
Wings Of Fire, by Charles Todd

message 37: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 I would like to join this one too. My start date will be June 1, 2012. After looking at my TBR, I can commit to starting 50 new series.

TLC So Many Series
Duration: 06/01/12 - 05/31/13
0/50 Completed

June 2012
1. Invitation to Murder/Elizabeth Bright
2. Missing Persons/Clare O'Donohue
3. The Crossing Places/Elly Griffiths

Invitation to Murder (A Card Making Mystery, #1) by Elizabeth Bright Missing Persons (Kate Conway Mysteries, #1) by Clare O'Donohue The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

message 38: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Jun 23, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Update Post #10

Jan - June Sub Total: 70

Welcome to all the new people - you are just giving me ideas for new series to try. Thanks!
And thanks for the answers to my question - I appreciate it.

message 39: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1050 comments Leslie wrote: "Welcome to all the new people - you are just giving me ideas for new series to try."

That's always the problem when I follow any discussion about series books. I always end up adding more books TO my TBR list than I take off! LOL

message 40: by southpaw285 (last edited Jul 28, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

southpaw285 TLC So Many Series
Duration: 06/01/12 - 05/31/13
10/50 Completed

✔1. Invitation to Murder/Elizabeth Bright==06/09/12**
✔2. Fifty Shades of Grey/E.L. James==06.17.12****
✔3. Missing Persons/Clare O'Donohue==06.21.12***
✔4. The Crossing Places/Elly Griffiths==07.08.12****
✔5. One Dance with a Duke/Tessa Dare==07.10.12***
✔6. Postmortem/Patricia Cornwell==07.19.12****
✔7. Track Of The Cat/Nevada Barr==07.20.12***
✔8. Soulless/Gail Carriger==07.25.12***
✔9. The Color of Magic/Terry Pratchett==07.27.12*****
✔10. The Heir/Grace Burrowes==07.28.12***

Invitation to Murder (A Card Making Mystery, #1) by Elizabeth Bright Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Missing Persons (Kate Conway Mysteries, #1) by Clare O'Donohue The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) by Patricia Cornwell Track Of The Cat (Anna Pigeon, #1) by Nevada Barr Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett The Heir by Grace Burrowes

message 41: by ~Leslie~ (new)

Completed 77 new series

message 42: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2661 comments Update:
January = 9
February = 12
March = 14
April = 9
May = 9
June = 6
July = 12

message 43: by Angie H (last edited Sep 09, 2012 09:26PM) (new)

Angie H Well I am definitely a series reader so I HAVE to join this challenge!

So Many Series Challenge
Aug 1 2012 to July 31 2013
3/33 Series

Series that I have read 1 book
Dragonfly in Amber(Outlander #2)
The Queen's Fool (Tudor #2)
A Passion Redeemed(Daughter's of Boston #2) Sept 7
The Winter Rose(The Tea Rose #2)
The Husband Tree(Montana Marriages #2)
Insurgent(Divergent #2)

Series to Start
The Inn At Eagle Point(Chesapeake Shores)
Virgin River (Virgin River)
Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams)
A Promise to Believe In (The Brides of Gallitin County)
Dawn's Prelude(Song of Alaska)
Intervention(Intervention)
Cape Refuge(Cape Refuge)
Happily Ever After(Deep Haven)
16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove)
Sprinkle with Murder(Cupcake Mystery)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter)
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie(Flavia de Luce Mystery)
Sushi for One?(Sushi)
Thorn in My Heart(Lowlands of Scotland)
The Pawn(The Patrick Bowers Files)
Too Close to Home(Woman of Justice)
The Lightkeeper's Daughter(Mercy Falls)
The Redemption(Legacy of the King's Pirates)
At Home in Mitford (Mitford Years)
Critical Care (Mercy Hospital)
Waterfall(River of Time)
I Heart Bloomberg(86 Bloomberg Place)
A is for Alibi(Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)
On What Grounds(Coffeehouse Mystery)
Death by Darjeeling(A Tea Shop Mystery)
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars)
Eggs in Purgatory( The Cackleberry Club Mystery)

message 44: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1050 comments Angie wrote: "Well I am definitely a series reader so I HAVE to join this challenge!

Eggs in Purgatory( The Cackleberry Club Mystery)"

These are all among my favorite series, Angie, with the exception of the Alphabet series. I've really liked some of those books, but others ... not so much. You've got some good reading ahead of you!

message 45: by Angie H (new)

Angie H Barb wrote: "16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove)
Eggs in Purgatory( The Cackleberry Club Mystery)"

These are all among my favorite series, Angie, with the exception of the Alphabet series. I've really liked some of those books, but others ... not so much. You've got some good reading ahead of you!"

Many of these series have been on my TBR list FOREVER!! So this is the year that I need to make a dent in them. I know I won't get them ALL started but it will be interesting to see how many I do by the time this challenge is up. =)

message 46: by ★ gwiz ★ (last edited Sep 06, 2012 09:49PM) (new)

★ gwiz ★ (ggwiz) So Many Series Challenge

This is similar to another challenge I'm doing in another group. And it will help me get through the stacks of books (actually my books are on shelves and not stack up. But I'm sure you get the picture) and what I'm behind in reading :-) I think I will post as I go along with a few possible series to read.

August 2012 = 6
September 2012 = 1
October 2012 =
November 2012 =
December 2012 =

Series I've Read

AUGUST
01. Soul Screamers Series 8/8 My Soul to Take #1 by Rachel Vincent More books to be release
02. All Souls Trilogy 2/2 A Discovery of Witches #1 by Deborah Harkness 1 book still to be released
03. Angles of the Dark Series 1/1 Wicked Nights #1 by Gena Showalter More books to be release
04. Unearthly Trilogy 2/2 Unearthly by Cynthia Hand 1 book still to be released
05. Lords of the Underworld Series The Darkest Passion #5 by Gena Showalter Reading 1 book a month of ongoing series.
06. Need Series 2/4 Need #1 by Carrie Jones

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones

The Immortal Rules

SEPTEMBER
01. Blood of Eden Series 1/2 The Immortal Rules #1 by Julie Kagawa books to be release

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa

Series To Start

Black Magician
Cassandra Palmer
Dreamblood
Dragon Heat
Farseer
Gemma Doyle
Hollows
Healer
Here Be Dragons
His Fair Assassin
Immortals After Dark
Joe the Bodiless
Kate Daniels
Kate Daniels World
League
Lux
Magian's Guild
Ondine Quartet
Psy-Changeling
Revenants
Seraphina
Sucks to be Me
Temeraire
Vampire Kisses

Series To Continue/Complete

Enclave Outpost
Faeriewalker
Fire and Thorns
Highlander
Iron Fey
Lords of the Underworld
Michael Vey
Women of the Otherworld

message 47: by Angie H (new)

Angie H updating

So Many Series Challenge
2/33 Series

Series that I have read 1 book
Dragonfly in Amber(Outlander #2)
The Queen's Fool (Tudor #2)
A Passion Redeemed(Daughter's of Boston #2)
The Winter Rose(The Tea Rose #2)
The Husband Tree(Montana Marriages #2)
Insurgent(Divergent #2)

Series to Start
The Inn At Eagle Point(Chesapeake Shores)
Virgin River (Virgin River)
Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams)
A Promise to Believe In (The Brides of Gallitin County)
Dawn's Prelude(Song of Alaska)
Intervention(Intervention)
Cape Refuge(Cape Refuge)
Happily Ever After(Deep Haven)
Sushi for One?(Sushi)
Thorn in My Heart(Lowlands of Scotland)
The Pawn(The Patrick Bowers Files)
Too Close to Home(Woman of Justice)
The Lightkeeper's Daughter(Mercy Falls)
The Redemption(Legacy of the King's Pirates)
Critical Care (Mercy Hospital)
Waterfall(River of Time)
I Heart Bloomberg(86 Bloomberg Place)
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars)
Eggs in Purgatory( The Cackleberry Club Mystery)

message 48: by Adele (last edited Sep 21, 2012 02:33PM) (new)

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) I will start this challenge from sep 1st 12 tp aug 31st 13

So many series Challenge

Series to continue

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Book Two - New Moon 06 Sep

Series to start

Soul Guardians by Kim Richardson
Book one - Marked 02 Sep

The Vampire Queen Trilogy by Fayth Devlin
Book One - Blood Lust Rising 03 Sep

Bound In Blood by Nicole Rae
Book One - Clandestine 07 Sep

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
Book One - Shiver 14 Sep

Vegas Series by Mimi Barbour
Partners 18 Sep
Roll the Dice 20 Sep

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Book One - Vampire Academy 20 Sep

message 49: by Laura (last edited Apr 08, 2013 05:25AM) (new)

Laura | 335 comments Duration: 01.09.12 - 31.08.13

September:
Grave Sight 07.09 **
2. If I Stay 09.09 **
3. First Drop of Crimson 18.09 *****
4. Spider's Bite 20.09 *****
5. Magic Lost, Trouble Found 27.09 *****
Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares #1) by Lisa Shearin

October:
Under the Never Sky 04.10 **
2. Across the Universe 05.10 ***
3. Once Burned 08.10 **
4. Skinwalker 09.10 *****
5. The Immortal Rules 15.10 *****
6. Slave to Sensation 18.10 ***
7. Ghost Shadow 26.10 *****
8. Rot & Ruin 31.10 ***

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham Rot and Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) by Jonathan Maberry

November:
Sweet Surrender 15.11 ****
2. Grave Mercy 20.11 ****
3. Dragon Bound 23.11 *****

Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) by Maya Banks Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

December:

Never Seduce a Scot 01.12 *****
2. The Iron Witch 06.12 **
3. Dark Lover 06.12 *****
4. Watermelon 25.12 *****
5. The Gathering 28.12 *****

Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Watermelon (Walsh Family, #1) by Marian Keyes The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

January:

My Soul to Take 07.01.13 ****
2. Everneath 08.01.13 ***
3. Wither 11.01.13 **
4. Fifty Shades of Grey 16.01.13 ****
5. Driving Mr. Dead 20.01.13 ****
6. Stormwalker 23.01.13 *****
7. White Cat 29.01.13 ****
8. Undeadly 30.01.13 ***
9. Bared to You 31.01.13 ***
10 Witches of East End 31.01.13 *****

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1) by Michele Vail Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

February:
Starcrossed 03.01 **
2. Shadow's Claim 06.02 ****
3. The Vincent Boys 07.02 *****
4. High Stakes 15.02 ****
5. Midnight Angel 17.02 *****
6. Once and Again 21.02 ***
7. The Next Always 26.02 ****
8. Something About You 27.02 ***
9. Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice 28.07 ***
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) by Erin McCarthy Midnight Angel (Stokehurst, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Once and Again (Petal, Georgia, #1) by Lauren Dane The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James Thirst No. 1 The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) by Christopher Pike

March:
Wicked Ties 06.07 ***
2. The First Prophet 13.03 **
3. Touch of Power 14.03 *****
4. Would-Be Witch 20.03 ****
5. Born at Midnight 23.03 *****
Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black The First Prophet (Bishop Files, #1) by Kay Hooper Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter

April:
Wrapped 06.04 ****
Wrapped (Wrapped, #1) by Jennifer Bradbury

message 50: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) UpdatedPost #10

85 series completed through August

« previous 1