Start by marking “Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)

Cassidy

(Big Sky Dreams #1)

Token Creek, Montana Territory — 1880

Cassidy Norton is a fine seamstress who makes her living sewing for others. Amid the bustle of a busy frontier town, her life is rich. What time her business doesn’t take, her friends and church family fill. But Cassidy hasn't always lived in Token Creek, and few people know her full story. So she struggles with a nagging unsettledness
Published July 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cassidy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cassidy

Rina
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I’ve read any of Lori Wick’s books, although I love The Princess and Bamboo and Lace, just to name two. I’ve seen this series on library bookshelves for a while and just never felt like picking it up. Until last Sunday. And then I read it in one day.

Cassidy, is an independent young lady who is making her way in life as the owner of Token Creek Apparel in Montana Territory, 1880. She is a wonderful seamstress, has a great head for business, and does her best to please her
Barbara
Jan 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Lori Wick is a writer of Christian romance, but this book disappoints on many levels.

First, it is very boring. The book is little more than a series of polite conversations between the residents of a small Old West town called Token Creek. Second, there is no plot worth speaking of. There is no drama. The author attempts to add a “deep dark secret” that Cassidy, the heroine is hiding from the townsfolk, but it is anticlimactic to say the least. Third, the book suffers from having too many chara
Diane
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Page 43 Talking about hungering after righteousness: "A sated man doesn't seek. He's no longer hungry. He's satisfied and not willing to search. But a starved man will eat [anything]. He's seeking he's hungry. Have you ever noticed how fragile spiritual hunger is? One little delight and we're good for a while. We don't stay hungry for long." "[Many verses in the scriptures] are talking about real hunger--craving, pursuing, seeking. Empty-belly hunger. That's the kind of hunger God is looking for ...more
Carly
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm a big fan of Lori Wick. I own and have read and reread many of her books. But this one disappointed me. It was choppy and hard to connect with any of the characters because it jumped around so often. Sloooooow and so meticulous on so many details I really didn't care about and not enough on the stuff I did. I think I'll go back to "Pretense," or "Hawk and the Jewel," to renew my admiration for Lori Wick.
Victoria Lynn
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was not very good. The storyline was extremely slow and was so bad that the book appeared to have little to no plot. The characters were blah, and I couldn't really read it because the POV was terrible. The story swapped heads so many times in such confusing ways that I couldn't even finish it. I was surprised because I have heard such good things of Lori Wick. I will have to read something else by her, but this one fell short.
Jerry
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun little historical romance/drama.
Marie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Very good, kept you wanting to read more
Kristy
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating: 5.5/10

It was a lovely story and I really enjoyed getting to know Cassidy. I loved that I was a little unsure who she would end up with but eventually it is obvious. I wouldn't say it is Lori Wick's best work but it did its duty of being an enjoyable story to listen to.

The Questions:

Entertaining/Addictive?: It was an enjoyable audio book to listen to

Writing Style?: Sometimes it was a little too cheesy as I fake gagged in the 'oh love is so perfect' moments. It also moved around to focus o
Hanna
This book described in one word: dry. Now let's get to the specifics.

Characters: The main problem with them was that they weren't developed enough. (That was the fault of the other aspects--to be mentioned) Trace was fine. Rylan was pretty good. Cassidy could have had a unique and endearing personality, had it been actually shown more, and not told. I actually really liked Abi's storyline, but I sure had a lot of questions regarding her past, and even present. She didn't seem to be married,
Robin
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, even if there wasn't a lot of "action" in the beginning. You learned a lot about the characters of the book during this time which has a lot to with the end of the plot. I am also used to Lori's writing style which made it a lot easier for me to read the book. There could have been more interaction between Cassidy and her brother though. I think this would have helped the view on her brother. We also didn't know much about Cassidy's childhood other than a few mino ...more
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lori-wick, own
CASSIDY is an enjoyable book that follows the life of a smalltown seamstress and the people of Token Creek. With her growing business, friends, and church family, she feels her life is full. Though she's had a difficult past, and few people know about her family, she feels richly blessed.

I enjoyed CASSIDY, even though much of the story was predictable. But once in a while, it's nice to read a book that has a relaxed pace to it.
Margaret Chind
Feb 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: western historical romantics
Recommended to Margaret by: Amy Kittel
The overall story of Cassidy was very romantic and contained some good action and suspense and I liked it. I did not like it as much as some other Lori Wick books I have read however. There was an awkwardness in the writing that I did not understand, every so often it would say "that lady" instead of "she" and it always made me stop and pause losing where I was because it stood out so much. I do look forward to reading Sabrina soon.
Jen
Mar 03, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this easy, light read. It was a cute pioneer story taking place in the 1880s. It is by a Christian author, so be prepared for a lot of bible references and characters strongly influenced by their faith. It's always good to read a book you know will be clean, and even inspiring. This is book one in a series.
Angie H
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
really enjoyed this one and have no idea why it took me so long to pick it up (has been on my TBR since 2008). Need to read the rest of the series now.
Julie Graves
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, 2017-reads
I thought the romance in this one was a bit out of left field. I mean I liked Cassidy and Trace as a couple, but we had no warm up to their couple-ness. I guess it came upon the reader as it came upon Cassidy and Trace, by surprise! ha! Otherwise I really liked this story and Cassidy was a sweet girl who had wonderful morals. Especially when it came to not gossiping about other people. Trace was the perfect cowboy/rescuer/hero even though he was a bit slow and did things a bit backwards in the r ...more
Gayle Vegter
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just read two books in this series and really enjoyed them. I like that they are stand alone books that have the same characters and each book reveals things about several, not just one, character. I don't know if it's my mood lately or what, but there's something very inspiring about how these folks interact on a personal level with each other. I don't think it's very typical, unfortunately, even among believers, but it's just very solid. It's like everyone is very insightful and intentional. ...more
Nathalie S
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was refreshing to read a story about genuinely good people, seeking to do right and help others. Although I must admit to getting very frustrated with Cassidy when her nasty swindler of a brother rolls into town and she agonizes about whether to warn the sheriff and others! Yes, yes, yes! She worries about his soul but he's definitely shown his true colors, worsened by bringing his thug of body guard whom he just barely restrains from physically harming her. I guess I have to remember the sto ...more
Anna
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Lori Wick's books. You can always rely on her to come up with a clean and brilliantly Christ-centered romance.
I found a copy of Cassidy and Sabrina (the following book in the Big Sky Dreams series) in a little shop in Sheridan, Wyoming. I was out on a trip with my family and our next stop was Montana. You can only imagine the excitement to read a book based on the exact location you were headed to.

During the journey, we got to see all kinds of old trail kind of attractions. Which was ev
Shauna
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cassidy Norten has a sewing shop in Token Creek Montana. Here she is meeting the towns folk and trying to earn a living. A member of the church family, Cassidy meets Trace and his family and becomes good friends with Meg. Things seem to be going well until her brother shows up in town and tries to cause trouble.
Dee
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
First book I've read in a long while that I wasn't forced to read due to being a school librarian and on a state reading committee. I just needed a break from teen angst. This was very refreshing. I listened to the audio version. It was well done.
Josephine
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet feel good story.
Mary
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. Once again Lori Wick presents her readers with a book you just can't put down!
Melissa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Lori Wick is Christian romance author. I like her books because they are clean candy reads. The Big Sky Dreams is a really fun series.
Sandy Carmichael
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Christian romance story set in 1880's in MT; joyful reading.
Mary Kay
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
Absolutely Love Love Loved it!!!!!
Donna Bagby
This is book 1 in the Big Sky Trilogy series. Cassidy lives in Token Creek, Montana where she has a thriving business. However, she also has a past that few people know about. All is well until her brother shows up with trouble right behind him. Will Cassidy's past be revealed and what will be the outcome?
I enjoyed this book and look forward to the others in the series.
Barbi Phillips
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
It's an ok book. A lot of jumping around. One thing that is very annoying is the reference of "that lady" or "that man" instead of "her" or "him". I've never had trouble getting into a Lori Wick story, until this one. I couldn't even finish it.
Karla Burrow
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pgs. 154-155 "'I don't know what's going on Lord.' Trace prayed...'Please take care of Cass. I know she needs You right now. Help her to be wise and trust in You, and to go to others for help. I admire her strength and independence but help her to know when to reach to others. Help her to turn to Your word and know that You are keeping her close. Help her to claim Your promises and believe what she knows to be true about You."
Cassidy moves to Token Creek to make a new life for herself, wanting
Olivia
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Deborah
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cassidy Norton spends all her days either working in her clothing shop, or spending it with friends from her church family. Despite the hustle and bustle of the small frontier town in Montana Territory, 1880, her life is full, rich and always interesting.

She hasn't always lived in Token Creek, and despite her close friendships with several people and families, she feels like she is keeping a secret by not telling her friends the full story of her past. Thinking she is safe with the people in a t
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Leather and Lace (Texas Legacy #1)
  • Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas, #3)
  • The Peacemaker (Men of the Saddle #1)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • The Blacksmith's Bravery (The Ladies' Shooting Club, #3)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
  • A Searching Heart (A Prairie Legacy, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."

Big Sky Dreams (3 books)
  • Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)
  • Jessie (Big Sky Dreams, #3)