Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > October - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 332 (332 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments It's almost October 2 in my part of the world, so, what are you all reading this month? I'm currently halfway through Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells. I'm liking it so far :)

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (literarykate) | 109 comments Just finished Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6) by Sophie Kinsella and plan on starting my ARC of The Valcourt Heiress by Catherine Coulter .

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 153 comments I'm finishing reading A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. Love it so far!

A Knight in Shining Armor  by Jude Deveraux

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11376 comments Finished Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by HP Mallory and really enjoyed it- a fun, fast read with some great characters. Now what to read for my Oct challenges-

either Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5) by MaryJanice Davidson or Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin H I'm still working on Under a Wild Sky by Sasha Lord and so far so good!!

message 6: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 254 comments Listening to Simply Magic which isn't my favorite Balogh book, but it's ok. Also started Edge of Midnight.

message 7: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ Just started Bloodsucking Fiends A Love Story (Love Story, #1) by Christopher Moore . It's pretty good so far.

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) I'm reading The Ghost Hunter by Lori Brighton and its actually really good. Its also perfect for Halloween. :)

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) Sabrina Fair wrote: "Danielle wrote: "I'm reading The Ghost Hunter by Lori Brighton and its actually really good. Its also perfect for Halloween. :)"

Oh that looks like a good read!"

I'm about half way done and I am enjoying it.

message 10: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Still reading Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler and picked up Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione on my way out the door this morning.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read Bride Enchanted by Edith Layton this evening... 2.5 stars .. Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed... I really expected better: Thought that the plot was flat and uninteresting, practically non-existent, and I kept on expecting it to get better... Problem is I bought a whole bunch of EL's books along with this one a couple months ago... Can anyone tell me if her other books are any better?

Then I read A Knight in Shining Armor  by Jude Deveraux by Jude Deveraux (like you Vicki!), and now have all these feelings left over... It was a beautiful time-travel love story, a definite 5 stars... But I just with it'd ended a little differently! (I don't want to give anything away...) So conflicted feelings left over along with a couple tears in my eyes...

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments my reading plan for the weekend includes Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set by Benjamin Hoff Wide Sargasso Sea  by Jean Rhys The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter , plus listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6) by Diana Gabaldon

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I am currently reading Home is Where the Bark Is, plan on moving onto A Tailor-Made Bride and then Wedding Season and Eat, Pray, Love.

Home is Where the Bark Is by Kandy Shepherd A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer Wedding Season by Katie Fforde Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just finished Three Nights with a Scoundrel by Tessa Dare ... The best of the trilogy! 5 stars

Dee... Speak and The Darkest Whisper are both great, and Flowers from the Storm seems amazing! Enjoy!

message 15: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm reading Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas , I'm trying to work through this series.

message 16: by Angela (last edited Oct 04, 2010 07:32AM) (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 439 comments I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and loved it. I laughed and cried. It was beautiful.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I just finished listening to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, but its not under the romance genre. It was very good and I look forward to the next one. I also just finished reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer. This was a good novella for hard core twilight fans.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer

message 17: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments Read The Sugar Queen yesterday - have been enchanted with every one of Sarah Addison Allen's books.

Now reading The Lost Recipe for Happiness, a recommendation from Rossy. Looking good so far - and it has recipes!

message 18: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Finished Desire Unchained Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione , I think it was even better than the first one. On the lookout for the third book now.

Started Days of Gold Days of Gold (Edilean, #2) by Jude Deveraux and will be reading Scarlet Nights Scarlet Nights (Edilean, #3) by Jude Deveraux next, since SN is due back at the library soon. I'm ambivilent about Angus and Edilean. Not as engaging as some of Deveraux's other characters have been. On the other hand, I'm only 1/3 of the way through. Hopefully it will improve. I really enjoyed the first book, Lavendar Morning, and want to like this one.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments Still reading Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow I am almost done with it.

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1) by Lori Foster this afternoon, and really enjoyed another of LF's hot and sexy heroes:-) I also loved the whole storyline with Willow and Austin! 5*

message 21: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I have finished Home is Where the Bark Is and have added Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang to my list of books for the next few days.

message 22: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1758 comments I'm reading The Last Hellion by Loretta Chase. So far, I'm loving the spitfire heroine.;-)
The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4) by Loretta Chase

message 23: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I'm reading The Last Hellion by Loretta Chase. So far, I'm loving the spitfire heroine.;-)
The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4) by Loretta Chase"

Julie, I just loved this book!

message 24: by Kim (last edited Oct 02, 2010 07:31PM) (new)

Kim (catmommie) Well, not a romance, but about halfway done with Dr. Death (Alex Delaware Series, #14) by Jonathan Kellerman for another group challenge.

After that, it will be Ghost of a Chance (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn and Murder, She Wrote Trick or Treachery by Jessica Fletcher for other October challenges.

message 25: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments I just finished reading Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb and I think I'm going to become a groupie of Eve and Roarke. Now I'm going to start Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments reading Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger , then on too Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments Finished The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison much better than the first. and I have started Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan finihsed Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3)  by Laurell K. Hamilton and Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, #1) by Sarah MacLean and started Collision Course (Diving in Deep, #2) by K.A. Mitchell

message 29: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6) by Diana Gabaldon ; trying to finish up Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale , started The Archer by Abigail Roux and going to start The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter

message 30: by D.G. (last edited Oct 03, 2010 10:33AM) (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Finished Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me? and I'm midway Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins .

I'm having a lot of Ewww! moments with the sister dating the heroine's ex-fiance. I mean, wouldn't you find it icky to sleep with somebody who slept with your sister? I sure would.

message 31: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments I haven't got much reading time at the moment, as I just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, but when I do have a little time I'm reading Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 32: by Melanie (last edited Oct 03, 2010 12:27PM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Raine wrote: "I haven't got much reading time at the moment, as I just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy"

Raine, congratulations!!!! You must be over the moon! What's his name?? :-)

message 33: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments Melanie wrote: "Raine wrote: "I haven't got much reading time at the moment, as I just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy"

Raine, congratulations!!!! You must be over the moon! What's his name?? :-)"

Yes, we are very, very happy, his name is Dennis.

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Congrats once again:-D

message 35: by Erin (new)

Erin H Finished up Under a Wild Sky by Sasha Lord and it was good. I started Gold As The Morning Sun by Sylvia Halliday and I'm really enjoying it so far!! I'm also going to start The Notorious Bridegroom by Kit Donner !!

message 36: by Kim (new)

Kim (catmommie) congratulations, Raine!

message 37: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11376 comments Congrats Raine!!!

Finished I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max and in the middle of Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5) by MaryJanice Davidson

message 38: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Oh congrats, Raine! And a kiss to Dennis! (I hope that's not your hubby's name too, LOL!)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Going to start Finger Lickin Fifteen

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Congragulations Raine! How Wonderful! I have three sons. What a joy:)

message 42: by Denise (new)

Denise | 318 comments After finishing the mega book (800+ pages) Hanta Yo: An American Saga, I have read in quick order: Time and Again by Jack Finney (time travel romance and a classic), The Pregnancy Plan by Brenda Harlen (book 2 of the Brides and Babies series), and A Circle of Time by Marisa Montes (another time travel romance and I gave it a 5 star rating). This last book was labeled as a teen book but I am a 58 year old woman who thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. Keep kleenex close, I cried at the end.

message 43: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I finally started Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, #1) by Sarah MacLean . I'm so excited! I miss my historical romance. :)

message 44: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments yesterday i read Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts and Valley of Silence. Valley was the best of the Circle Trilogy and I truly loved Cian and Moira's story. Have no idea why I didn't realize until the end who the old man was lol

Now I'm starting Covet. It's October so here's keeping with the vamp theme!

message 45: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 439 comments I've been reading Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series, including the novella. I read Reckoning Night Huntress 0.5, reread Halfway to the Grave, and continued my reading with Happily Never After (Night Huntress 1.5) Novella, One Foot in the Grave, At Grave's End, and Devil To Pay (Night Huntress 3.5) Novella.

Reckoning Night Huntress 0.5 by Jeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Happily Never After (Night Huntress 1.5) Novella by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Devil To Pay (Night Huntress 3.5) Novella by Jeaniene Frost

This series is amazing! The novellas were a nice addition and my favourite novella was Happily Never After.

Now, its onto Jeaniene Frost's Destined for an Early Grave.

Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

message 46: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 439 comments I'm also listening to the audiobook Marked by PC Cast. I'm planning to get the books for my niece, but I want to make sure it's age appropriate first. I'm not enjoying it yet, but I'm into the first hour.

Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast

message 47: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just finished Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James ... Loved it:-) Julie James writes great books:-)

**mini-spoiler***
I thought that the way that Jason tried to make Taylor jealous and the way it backfired was hilarious!!

message 48: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas and Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler , loved them both. I'm trying to finish Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) by Lauren Dane , but not really enjoying it. I'm squeezing in Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Carolyn - Enjoy KMM!!! Hawk isn't my fave hero, but he's definitely up there!!!:-)

message 50: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I'm almost finished with The Magicians and Mrs. Quent The Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen M. Beckett

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7