Delirity discussion

Author F > Hush, Hush - B. Fitzpatrick

Comments Showing 1-50 of 164 (164 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Heather (last edited Nov 15, 2012 10:05PM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Better!

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I liked it more than Fallen, but I loved BC and you didn't so... You will have to read it and find out. :P

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I haven't read Fallen, but I know that I loved Hush Hush! I can't wait for Crescendo! I'm so happy that they moved the release date from November to October. :)

message 5: by Heather (new)

Hush, Hush has some great flirting scenes in it. Things happen faster. You'll be drawn in must faster. You'll prob give it a 3-4.5 from your history.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I was so underwhelmed by both of the books, but especially this one. But I do have to say that it has a fantastic cover, that is what drew me in.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela B I liked Hush, Hush more then Fallen and would say you should try it :)

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (slam_bamm) | 25 comments I read Hush Hush in one day! I can't wait for Crescendo!!

message 9: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) The cover on this book is just fantastic, but the inside isn't, IMHO! I picked up an ARC of the book last year before it was released and was so disappointed with it. There was unbelievable potential when it started and then it just totally fizzled out for me. OTOH, I DID like FALLEN.

message 10: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I think it was Hush, Hush that had a different ending than the ARC. My friends that read it said the published book was better. Unless I'm thinking of a different book. But if you really didn't like, it might not matter.

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela B What was the ending of the ARC copie Melodie?? just post spoiler by it :)

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ooo! I want to know too!

message 13: by Jasmine (last edited Sep 13, 2010 01:35PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Wait. . .I'm confused. So Becca changed the ending, but her editor told her to keep the original ending. So she changed it back to the original and in the ARCs it is the second one, and the original ending's in the published ones?

message 14: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Yep, that's what happened. But I can't remember what the other ending was. Melodie could tell us. Oh Melodie, where are you... :D

message 15: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Angela wrote: "What was the ending of the ARC copie Melodie?? just post spoiler by it :)"

Patch became a guardian in the ARC. How did the regular book end?

message 16: by Heather (new)

I don't know. I don't remember the ending. What's a guardian? haha. So sad I have to ask.

message 17: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments He became a guardian angel for Nora in the regular book too.

Heather, a guardian as in someone who watches over Nora.

"Becca Fitzpatrick's TEMPEST, the third book in the NYT bestselling HUSH, HUSH series, to Emily Meehan at Simon & Schuster, in a major deal, in a two-book deal, for publication in Fall 2011, by Catherine Drayton at Inkwell Management (NA)."

- http://bec-fitzpatrick.livejournal.co...

Yay there's going to be a third book in the series! Becca isn't sure if there'll be three books in total yet, but I'm just happy we'll have even more of Nora and Patch. :)

message 18: by Heather (new)

I didn't know if it was a diff context then what I assumed it would be. I can't remember much of the final scene. I guess I'll have to reread the final chapter.

message 19: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I was thinking the same thing Heather.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Just read Hush, Hush and I enjoyed it!

message 21: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Heather, you know the scene in class that you were saying was really good and you'd think it was so funny if it happened in class? That really happened to Becca and it is where she got her inspiration from.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Haha! I would die laughing if I were that teacher. Did it happen to her? Or another girl in her class?

message 23: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Which scene with the teacher? I remember you pointing it out before, but I don't remember the exact one. I feel like there were a couple of really funny scenes with the teacher.

message 24: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Here, I'll paste that part of Becca's message. I'm sure she won't mind, I think she has mentioned it before. Oh, and this was before Hush, Hush was released.

"Funny story: I was inspired to write Hush, Hush based on an experience I had in my own tenth grade biology class. My teacher asked me, in front of the whole class, to name characteristics I'd like in a mate - no joke! When you read the book, that little piece of my history will become apparent in the story. "

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Oh, I have a question for you guys. Maybe I missed this, but did it ever say why Patch fell in love with Nora when he was watching her all those months before they met?

Also, why did he feel the need to watch her for 8 months before enrolling in school? That part wasn't making sense to me.

message 26: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I really don't remember a lot about this book. I remember swooning at the scene when Patch and Nora were in the kitchen though.

message 27: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "I really don't remember a lot about this book. I remember swooning at the scene when Patch and Nora were in the kitchen though."

Definitely. I loved the chemistry!

message 28: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Stacia, I don't think they ever explained exactly why. . .I'm not 100% sure though. . .

& I have no idea about the other question. . .=/.

message 29: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "Here, I'll paste that part of Becca's message. I'm sure she won't mind, I think she has mentioned it before. Oh, and this was before Hush, Hush was released.

"Funny story: I was inspired to write ..."

To learn everything about her? Kind of got her trust that way (?)

message 30: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments That makes a lot of sense. Like he wanted to get to know her so he could get close to her and then kill her.

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments ***********SPOILER******************

Probably because he could still feel the emotions in his heart.
He is quite the romantic for wanting to kill her.

message 33: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Stacia (ridiculously repetitive) wrote: "That might make sense.

I don't get why he was so into wanting to touch her if he couldn't feel it though! It's kinda fun to get someone else worked up, but I want some flippin enjoyment in retu..."

I don't know about you, but when touching is involved it's not always about the physical sensation for me. There's the butterflies in the stomach from anticipation and the do they/don't they feel the same. IMO there's so much more going on with the physical touching.

message 34: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I feel the same Lani. :) The anticipation is the best part!

and no problem Stacia. :)

message 35: by Heather (new)

I'm moving this one up since some of you will read it the minute you get it. Remember to tell me which book you're using for the group read since some of you are using the opposite book for a challenge. That way you get the most points.

(I'll post that at the beginning of the thread too.)

message 36: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I finished Hush, Hush a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it. I'll get to the second as soon as my library gets it.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Just finished Crescendo. I'll wait to discuss it more until a few of you guys have read it.

It was better than Hush, Hush I think. The first part started out a bit with the "does he love, doesn't he love me" drama, but the book slowly started to move into another direction as the story went on. There were some mystery elements and new villains to content with.

I really enjoyed it.

message 38: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I'm getting Crescendo today Stacia. I have a few books to read before that one, but I will definately be on here to discuss when I finish it! I'm glad to hear it was better than Hush, Hush.

message 39: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I was going to wait until the weekend when I go to the U.S. Books are always so much cheaper there. I know, I am cheap. If I didn't have 2 other new books to read I would have bought it anyway.

I am glad you liked it Stacia.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Vee was far less annoying in this book, which was nice.

The author did a great job of running me in circles trying to figure out who the villain(s) were. I had some guesses that were way off at the beginning, although it became more clear as I got closer to the end.

message 41: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Patch<3 I love him! Though I do love Jace more. . .just a little bit, ;). Maybe my opinion will change with Crescendo? hhmmmm. . .

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Plus, we get to find out Patch's real name and I like it!

message 43: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Lol, I see! :) & I'm excited to find out his real name! I can't wait for the book to come tomorrow!!! I hate how I have three tests to study for tomorrow, so I won't be able to read a lot of it. . .or maybe that's a good thing so I won't rush through the book.

message 44: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Waaaaaa, I want to read it right now!

message 45: by Jess (new)

Jess | 120 comments Darn library is taking forever! Hopefully I will get to read it next week.

message 46: by Heather (new)

You can reread. There's nothing against it.

message 47: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Adding my voice to all the frustrated cries that aren't able to read it yet. I'm totally broke so I'm waiting for the library. In the mean time I'll reread Hush Hush. I forgot everything

message 48: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) It's a good thing I read Hush, Hush recently because I can't get Crescendo. My library doesn't have it and right now I'm broke. LOL

message 49: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I just started it today! :D There's already drama with Marcie and I'm only on page 16, ahhahaa.

message 50: by Mira (new)

Mira | 5 comments I just finished crencendo, I loved it The book was more involved but I also loved torment and fallen. I will not dicuss until more people are finished with the book!

« previous 1 3 4