Start by marking “Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)

Crescendo

(Hush, Hush #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  255,650 ratings  ·  10,666 reviews
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 432 pages
Published October 19th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Crescendo, please sign up.
Tecla Yes she's still dumb. Probably dumber, more reckless and nosier than she was in the 1st book.
Ana No they are both excellent but the second one is so full of action suspense hatred... IT IS SO STRESS FULL !

·  255,650 ratings  ·  10,666 reviews

Mel
Dec 30, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: masochists and twitards
EDIT: 16/9/2012
I edited this review just a bit. It's an old review but I think I could have worded some things a little better.

There were many Paranormal YA series where I couldn't possibly continue reading after the first book, but the Hush, Hush series is special. Despite the fact that yes, it is merely another abuse-glorifying panty-wetter, the unintentional hilarity just makes the books so much fun to read (in a twisted masochistic kinda way).

Crescendo is like a bright shining star of heav
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Hey. Hey, Patch?

Yeah, you. Right there. Patch Cipriano? Hey there. Hi.

Listen.

Yeah.

I will not read any more of this garbage.
Kiki
Kim
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers are coming up, but mostly about the 'relationship' between Nora and Patch.

Also: pretend I'm reading this out loud to you, while I'm barely able to remember what they taught me in my anger management classes, and with a voice that's a few notches above normal volume. There's also some foaming at the mouth and a very, very strained and scary smile on my face.

*clears throat* Here goes...

Dear Nora,

How shall I put this... You are a stupid, stupid girl. The guy who loves you spends his time,
Carol Chan
So I was at Borders the other day, and this book was on the shelf and underneath it read 'Patch is the bad boy Edward wishes he was'.
Of course, the idea of a forbidden-ish love story will always remind us of You-Know-What, but i'm seriously saying that this book is addictive enough for it to be a crime to compare it twilight. It has its own characters and instead of VAMPIRES, its about ANGELS and that makes me happy because angels are as cool, or even more so, than vampires. And yes I have a fet
Holly marie
Jan 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like love stories or twilight ?
Recommended to Holly marie by: myself
Actually in love with this book !!!
Just read it, in a day.
I cannot describe how much i adore it though, i have to say its my favourite one i've ever read.
Got this off amazon yesterday, and i started reading and was hooked,
i had to go out that night, and slept out and all i could think about was the book, it was that capturing. I started reading it this morning and finished this afternoon.
A Billion times better than hush hush, the author did an amazing job,
can't wait for the next one, what a c
jessica
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book/series is the very definition of guilty pleasure for me. its one of those books where i can just turn off my brain and be entertained by the simplest of things.

i will say that i dont think this is as good as ‘hush, hush.’ i found myself getting soooo frustrated with both nora and patch. it got so bad that i couldnt really tell if it was just bad writing or the characters really were that dumb. but so help me, i couldnt put this down. i practically inhaled this.

theres just something a
~Poppy~
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Don’t ever leave me,” I told Patch, hooking a finger in the collar of his shirt and pulling him close.
You’re mine, Angel,” he murmured, brushing the words across my jawbone as I arched my neck higher, inviting him to kiss everywhere. “You have me forever.”

“I love you, Nora. Whatever happens, promise me you'll remember that. I don't care why you came into my life, only that you did. I
Joyzi
May 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: my dog
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Note: This review is rather "harsh" so PLEASE IF YOU LOVE THE BOOK AND DON'T WANT TO READ A RANT REVIEW ABOUT IT PLEASE DON'T READ THIS!!!

C

M
Y

V

not this shit again Pictures, Images and Photos

This book is a classic example of a horrible imitation of Twilight, Evermore and City of Bones .

Add some cliches, one-dimensional hot guy, annoying, whiny, suicidal, boring, petty, clingy, stalkerish, slutty, stupid female heroine Nora Grey aka The New Bella Swan , with a pinch of Anti-Feminism and damn add that gorgeou
Lucy
Sometimes, if you're really lucky, a book will teach you a lesson or give you something valuable you can carry with you through your entire life. Crescendo gave me an unexpected gift although lesson might be too generous a term. It's a sort of 'I've been through this so that can't possibly be as bad.' I am no longer afraid of childbirth (or other really painful experiences but specifically childbirth) because I know that the pain of labor does not usually add up to the amount of hours I spent wi ...more
Jessica
Feb 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Someone please pass me that voodoo doll? I have to hurt Nora.

Thank you. I'm feeling better now.

I’ve spent the last 8 hours gulping down this book. My fingernails are bitten down, my eyes are red-rimmed, my hair is all tousled because I kept pulling it...basically, I look like a lunatic.

Well, that Nora’s acting beyond stupid in this book has already been established by several readers so I will not waste my breath on this and get all worked up again. I’ve thrown my book across the room several ti
Claudia Ramírez
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
Okay okay, so this book kept having plot twists over plot twists, I kinda liked that in the beggining, but at the end I was like: NO WAY, ANOTHER ONE? Well, that doesn't mean I don't like surprises, but this was too much to take in.

EDIT: I just read the summary of the third book. WTF? She doesn't remember anything. DEAR GOD. I think this next book is going to make me want to kill someone.
Natalie Monroe
My brain, guys. My brain.

Reading this book is the equivalent to listening to Vogon poetry. It may not liquify your brain (not yet anyways. Give it another two books), but it will lead to a massive decrease in brain cells.

First off, the plot.

Hold on a sec. Plot? What plot?

Crescendo is not so much a story about hostile archangels and the opposing Nephilim than it is about a girl breaking up with her boyfriend and immediately wants him back.

And let's not forget the slutty bitch that he gets toget
Sophia Triad
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.

Well, this is a book full of drama:

-teenage desperation,
-lost and found love,
-lies and secrets,
-truths and revelations,
-broken trust,
-broken friendship
-dream walking
-mistakes from the past that haunt the future

Patch behaves like an irrational jerk:
Firstly he behaves like he does not care, then he chases Nora, then he betrays her, then he invades her dreams, then he destroys her dreams, then he gives no explanations, then he
SKB
Feb 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Katie
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
EDIT: 16/07/16

JUST LEAVING THIS HERE

I'll leave my original babble below.

--------

Awesome, fun and highly entertaining, but not as good as the first..............
I was able to guess last year what this book would be about, not hard to figure out. The execution was iffy at best. As for Patch, he disappointed me this time round *pouts*

As for Nora and her need to question and doubt everything anyone does, especially Patch, this is my answer to her...........

Its a good book, and I will read the next
Ahmad Sharabiani
Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2), Becca Fitzpatrick
Crescendo is a young adult paranormal romance novel by Becca Fitzpatrick and the second book in the Hush, Hush series. The book was first published on October 19, 2010 through Simon & Schuster. Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything b
Dannii Elle
This book angered me so much! Whilst I could forgive a lack of plot progression, cliched sub-plots, nonsensical plot holes and characters I struggled to relate to, I could not forgive some of the characters behavior!

Let's start with guardian angel, Patch. Patch is a demeaning asshole! I disliked him in the first book and struggled to see what Nora found so attractive about him. Here, however, he is an utter *insert every swear world under the sun here*!!!

He is literally every guy I have ever hat
Angela
Feb 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ya, bestie-reads, romance
Updated on 10/15/10: Group review of crescendo on Bewitched Bookworms. Pics of tossed book & time out corner included.

At this moment in time, I will write a very simple review (numbered of course):

1. I threw this book a few times. I have the photos to prove it.
2. The novel also spent some time in the Time Out corner for misbehaving. (Can you expect anything less from a book with Patch in it?)
3. Speaking of Patch: More pleeeeeeeease.
4. Nora. Dude. Chi
Lissa
Sep 25, 2011 added it
Shelves: 2011
I’ve been thinking about names. Why Nora, of all names? Nora Grey. I get the Grey thing: it’s less obvious than Beautiful Graceful Bird (was once an ugly duckling) Bella Swan. Nora Grey – the woman of honour who is neither good (white) nor bad (black). Total traditional dichotomies, I know. Shades of grey abound. Because although Nora isn’t as empty-headed as your standard YA PNR heroine (Bella, Luce) she is still pretty stupid and driven by hormones. Nora. Nora Grey.

Well I’ve got to hand it to
Nick
Sep 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
is this good? I have read Hush Hush but I heard mixed things about this one!
Grace ᵔᴥᵔ
Jan 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one, not even my worst enemy
Shelves: series-i-wnf
During Reading
*throws book across room*
*lights it on fire*
*rips Nora out of the book*
*lights her on fire*
*lights everything on fire*
description
HOW CAN I EXPRESS MY HATRED THROUGH TEXT? BOLD SEEMS LIKE THE ANSWER.

First off, Becca, you have completely f**** up with making these characters, holy crap. I have the feeling you hate the entire female population because of how incredibly stupid and irritating you made Nora. Name one positive quality of Nora. I'LL JUST STOP YOU RIGHT THERE BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE.
ajia
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've been dying to read crescendo for ages and was ecstatic when I finally got my hands on it. The book was everthing I wanted and more! It's filled with great dialogues and witty remarks. It starts off with nora's dad being murdered and the rest of the book follows the mystery of who the killer was. Meanwhile nora and patch are also goin through a tough time. They break up over a row after nora hears he was hanging round marcie's house and soon he starts roaming round her 24/7. It was maddening ...more
Annalisa
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Short review: Stupid girl jumps to wrong conclusions and makes stupid decisions. Of course, if she hadn't had been so dumb, we wouldn't have a novel.

Long review: I found myself frustrated most of the novel with the lack of recapping. It hasn't been that long since I read Hush, Hush, so I remember the characters, but what I couldn't remember was these assumptions Fitzpatrick jumped to in her angel lore. I remember not quite buying into it, and that could be part of the problem, but whenever Nora
Kristy
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Preena
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Nora is very annoying 😒
Neep
Sep 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
I don't even know how to begin. This book is aimed at teenagers? That's the most horrific part. Impressionable young teenage girls will be reading this thinking that relationships this abusive are 'sexy' and desirable, and that Nora's attitude to her TTLY SRS 2 MONTH RELATIONSHIP is normal and not creepy and over the top at all. It makes me want to gag. She's such an awful role model. At one point she claims she wants to kill herself because she can't be with her boyfriend of 2 months any more. ...more
Giselle
Sorry, just no. This was bad. Nora's reason for breaking up with Patch, with being flirty with her mortal enemy or is it just her petty jealousy and bias toward the fact that he didn't say those three little words. The girl on girl hate is pretty terrible as well. I basically just skimmed the entire book because it was too boring. I'm not sure I'll continue with the series unless someone gives me a good reason..
Ceilidh
Feb 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
Vathna Dany
WHAT WAS THAT?? That plot twist!! Rixon!! Nora's dad!! WTF. And what was that ending? After 400+ pages of the on-and-off romance, they finally made up at the end, but something got in the way again?? I'm so frustrated right now. This series is messing with my head!!

Anyway, Jev is a better name than Patch and he should stick with that name instead.
If you were Nora, What would you do differently? 1 14 Mar 28, 2018 04:40AM
https://www.ineedmotivations.com/spartagen-xt/ 1 4 Mar 19, 2018 03:05AM
http://www.ineedmotivations.com/corn-nutrition/ 1 2 Mar 08, 2018 01:57AM
Questions (for those who have read the book): 101 447 Mar 07, 2017 02:17PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Bird Song (Grace, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Penitence (Heavenly, #2)
  • Deadly Little Games (Touch, #3)
  • Passion (Fallen, #3)
  • Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • The Eternal Ones (Eternal Ones, #1)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Hourglass
  • Falling Under (Falling Under, #1)
Becca Fitzpatrick grew up reading Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden with a flashlight under the covers. She graduated college with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely prowling sale racks for reject shoes, running, or watching crime dramas on TV. She is the author of the bestselling HUSH, HUSH Saga. Her new book BLACK ICE arrives in book ...more

Hush, Hush (4 books)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Silence
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
“Being with you never felt wrong. It's the one thing I did right. You're the one thing I did right.” 2551 likes
“I nibbled my lower lip. "If you could see into my past just by touching my back, you'd have a hard time resisting the temptation too."

"I have a hard time keeping my hands off you without that added bonus.”
1191 likes