Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > May - What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 289 (289 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited May 03, 2010 07:29PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Starting this thread rather late, but drop by and tell us what you are reading.

For me, I'm starting May with three books:

Street Game currently reading
Undead and Unwed currently listening in my car
Ceremony in Death currently listening when at home

and slowly savoring Lover Mine.

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (brookfield) I am reading gypsy lady by S busbee
and plan next to read come loe a stranger by K woodiwiss.

message 3: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments LOL! Yz, how can you keep the characters and story all straight? I would be a total mess, i can only do one book at the time.

Right now am going to start reading Wild Rain. Hopefully i'll be done with it by tonight. Then i can get started with Born of Fire (The League, #2).

message 4: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Rossy ~*~ Ehrotic ~*~ wrote: "LOL! Yz, how can you keep the characters and story all straight? I would be a total mess, i can only do one book at the time.

Right now am going to start reading Wild Rain. Hopefu..."

Trust me, it's a talent. LOL

I remember the time when I can only read one book at a time. Can't really pinpoint when I started towards the path of bookish slutdom, but all it takes is to start another book while still in the middle of one...before I know it, I'm stringing several. It's definitely a slippery slope. *grins*

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments it is a very slippery slope...I more commonly term it Book ADD

message 6: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments "bookish slutdom" I love it!LOL
I think it was Jim that asked the question of whether we're monogamous when it came to books. It must be a skill because the only way i'll start one, and then move to another is if am not in the right mood for it.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 719 comments I finished the Riley Jenson series with Bound to Shadows. Preordered the next book. I also read Vulnerable, which I absolutely loved and am now reading book #2 Wounded.

message 8: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1694 comments I'm working on two right now:
The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward (It's so nice to be back with the brothers.;-))
"At Ease: Stories I Tell to Friends" by Dwight D. Eisenhower (from Reader's Digest Condensed Books, Summer 1967 anthology)

message 9: by Malia (last edited May 03, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Malia | 11 comments Just finished: Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer, listening to audiobook: Friday Night Knitting Club, rereading: The Heart of Christmas by Mary Balogh et al( short stories for short reads) and just starting: Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank( start of Nightwalker series, we'll see) or Secrets of the Knight by Julia Latham--so I'm beyond Book Slutdom into Needs Intervention.

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 719 comments I just finished Wounded and am now reading book #3 Bound.

message 11: by Arch (new)

Arch I'm reading Slow Burn by Julie Garwood.

message 12: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I finished Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5) by Alyssa Day yesterday.

I am now reading Enslaved by Virginia Henley .

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan I have started reading Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments i am nearly done with Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
and then i am thinking about moving onto Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank

message 15: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments So far I've read Smash Cut by Sandra Brown and Murder Game by Christine Feehan. Currently reading Hello Darkness by Sandra Brown.

message 16: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments I'm nearly at the end of Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland. I'm in the middle of The Taste of Innocence by Stephanie Laurens. I'm in the first third of Satisfaction Guarenteed by Charlene Teglia. I'll probably start The Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick next because it's due back at the library in 5 days. Also at the top of my TBR stack is Maya Banks newest and I'm waiting for the mailman to bring me Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris.

Malia is Wild Ride good? The library site tells me that it is in transit to me, so I'll probably have it by the end of the week.

message 17: by Ashley (last edited May 05, 2010 10:26AM) (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments I just finished Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine yesterday/early this morning. I was happily suprised how much I liked Fantasy Lover, I think I will read more in the series. Glass Houses was ok, hard getting used to "vampires are bad and evil" after reading so many where they are the lovers and main characters.

Right now, I just started reading Push by Sapphire , it's very difficult to read as the subject matter is so heartbreaking, but I really wanted to experience it.

Looking to start Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead later today after I finish Push.

Yay!!

message 18: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I started Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody, #1) by Elizabeth Peters . Enjoying it a lot.

message 19: by Malia (new)

Malia | 11 comments Daffodil wrote: "I'm nearly at the end of Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland. I'm in the middle of The Taste of Innocence by Stephanie Laurens. I'm in the first third of Satisfaction Guarenteed by Charlene Tegl..."
Yes, but let go of expectations and get through the first few chapters. It's good rather than great, chuckles rather than laughs, but just-okay Jennifer Crusie is still better than most, so enjoy!

message 20: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited May 05, 2010 04:16PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Currents:
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris

Would like to start a couple May reads but gotta finish a couple more books

Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #19) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dirty by Megan Hart

Last month was a really slow month for me. Only 4-5 books read the entire month!

message 21: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (last edited May 05, 2010 05:04PM) (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 168 comments Currently:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter really liking them all!

Next...

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance

doing well so far... but still need more sleep! he he he

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 324 comments Hehehe Cher i love that you can read 3 books at once... i try but get so involved in one that i forget about the other one i started..lol. I LOVE THE DARKEST NIGHT :)
i i too have Touch the dark at home to read as well. :)

message 23: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 168 comments Angela wrote: "Hehehe Cher i love that you can read 3 books at once... i try but get so involved in one that i forget about the other one i started..lol. I LOVE THE DARKEST NIGHT :)
i i too have Touch the dark a..."

Heya Angella, thanks for the comp...but audio books help a lot... he he he. Motivation? Overdue library books... LOL ;P

message 24: by KimKirt (last edited May 06, 2010 10:14AM) (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Guess what I'm about to start???

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

Let me just say, I've read ONE paranormal book I thought was so so, so I'm hoping I like this one! It was my April Pick It For Me challenge, and I finally got it from the library. I'm looking forward to reading it!

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackieonl) Hush A Novel by Kate White

The newest romantic-thriller by Cosmo editor Kate White. She's one of my favorites and hasn't put out a new book in a couple years.

message 26: by Leeann (new)

Leeann (leeanburke) | 5 comments Since I just picked up a Kobo this week I also bought An Inconvenient Marriage by Ruth Ann Nordin. I'm really liking both the book and my Kobo.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 808 comments I am about to start Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

message 28: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments I finished Any Given Doomsday (Phoenix Chronicles, #1) by Lori Handeland yesterday on my lunch hour and Satisfaction Guaranteed by Charlene Teglia last night. I started Avenging Angels (A Beaufort & Company Mystery, #3) by Mary Stanton this morning. I'm still reading The Taste of Innocence (Cynster, #14) by Stephanie Laurens and will probably start Burning Lamp (Dreamlight Trilogy, #2, Arcane Society, #8) by Amanda Quick tonight.

message 29: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I just started Dark Prince by Christine Feehan, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

message 30: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3524 comments I just started reading You and No Other. Gonna follow with Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5).

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments About 80 pages in to Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead . So far it's interesting!

:)

message 32: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1694 comments Nikki wrote: "I just started Dark Prince by Christine Feehan, but I'm having a hard time getting into it."

I had a hard time with that one too Nikki. I hope it turns out better for than it did for me.

message 33: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I just started Dark Prince by Christine Feehan, but I'm having a hard time getting into it."

I had a hard time with that one too Nikki. I hope it turns out better for t..."

He's kind of creepy :). I'll give it a few more pages and see if I like it any better.

message 34: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Yz the Whyz wrote: "...towards the path of bookish slutdom"

I love that one! Bookish slutdom is one of the only kinds where the bigger slut you are the better, LOL.

I'm just finishing Cry Wolf and have already (couldn't wait!) started Shameless - it's starting out really well.

message 35: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) Now starting Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan .

message 36: by C (new)

C (ccp981) | 108 comments Just finished: Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. Cast

Reading: Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward

Listening to in my car & at home: New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer

message 37: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 394 comments I was reading Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #2) by Kinley MacGregor , but I set it down somewhere yesterday, and I haven't located it yet!

message 38: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 168 comments Vanessa... that's funny!!! ** grin**

message 39: by Melanie (last edited May 07, 2010 07:11AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Started and finished Immortal in Death last evening, and currently reading Rapture in Death, waiting for the next 6 books of the series to arrive from bookdepository, along with all the others I ordered, lol (37!)

Rapture in Death (In Death #4) by J.D. Robb Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb

message 40: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Melanie wrote: "Started and finished Immortal in Deathlast evening, and currently reading Rapture in Death, waiting for the next 6 books of the series to arrive from bookdepository, alo..."

I've created a monster...LOL!

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Lol yeah, it's looking that way :-) Thanks again for the rec! ;-)

message 42: by Baillie (new)

Baillie (Baillie12) i am reading the notebook by nickolas sparks

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Walker (natalie668) | 61 comments I am reading,
Covet - Spare time reading
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) - Reading right now
Possession - Bed time reading
Beyond the Pale - Spare time Reading.

=]

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Oh Baillie, the Notebook is beautiful! It's one of the only books that made me cry!! Even more so than the movie!!! Enjoy!

message 45: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Just finished Amaryllis, now starting Death Angel.

message 46: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Finished Rapture in Death, and am now feeling a little despondent, I don't have the next book in the series yet!!! :-(( Guess I'll have to figure smt else to read.. But I love Roarke!!! ***sad sigh***
Maybe Pleasure Unbound, my next rec from Yz? Just need to figure out where it is in my shelves, lol :-)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Currently I'm reading... NOTHING! It's been nearly seven hours since I was reading a book. I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure I'll be into something before lunch. Just don't know what yet.

message 48: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 394 comments Melanie wrote: "Started and finished Immortal in Death last evening, and currently reading Rapture in Death, waiting for the next 6 books of the series to arrive from bookdepository, al..."

Thanks Cher, I finally found Claiming the Highlander in a big stack of books where it shouldn't have been; go figure. And in the interim, I finished The Warrior by Kinley MacGregor. It's another book in the same series. It's out of order, but what the heck.

I'm listening to the In Death series by J.D. Robb for what is the nth time and this time trying to do them in order which I've never done with the audios. Unfortunately, I don't have the next one, Holiday in Death, on audio and the library's copy doesn't have Peabody's voice right. This means that I'm going to have to buy it. I've been an In Death junkie for awhile now and pull one out when ever I get a longing for Eve and the gang.

Melanie, 37!! You're an inspiration.

Yz, Ceremony in Death is one of my favorites. I just finished Vengeance in Death, and that one I like even better.

message 49: by Melanie (last edited May 08, 2010 08:11AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Vanessa wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Started and finished Immortal in Death last evening, and currently reading Rapture in Death, waiting for the next 6 books of the series to arrive from bo..."

nuh-uh... 37 is only the latest order... trust me, you don't want to know how many books I've ordered since Jan 1st! lol... And it's certainly an inspiration for me to work (to pay off the darn books!:-p)

Have you also read the In Deaths? I listen to the audio of the book I've just read in the car, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, lol.. I'm having a fantasy relationship with Roarke while my boyfriend's in Italy, lol...

On another note, I think I've found a solution: I just bought Magic Bleeds in town!!! I was shocked when I saw it in the bookstore in Geneva! twice the price, but what the heck, I didn't want to order it and have to wait!

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackieonl) My friend just gave me her copy of the newest House of Nights novel Burned by P.C. Cast. I can't wait to get reading!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6