A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) A Court of Thorns and Roses discussion

What do we think about the ending with Rhysand? [Spoilers]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,663 (1663 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Kyndal At the end of the book Feyre and Rhysand are having their conversation at the mountain. As he begins to disappear...

"His eyes locked on mine, wide and wild, and his nostrils flared. Shock--pure shock flashed across his features at whatever he saw on my face, and he stumbled back a step. Actually stumbled."

So any predictions about what this means? What do we think will happen in the sequel? I'd love to know what you all think of Rhysand, too!

Yasmin B Honestly? I loved Rhysand, and without him she would have failed the challenges.

I don't know what to make of that last farewell between Rhysand and Feyre. What did he see? I feel like she is attracted to him, but can't bring herself to admit it. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens as their agreement starts to take shape.

I love Tamlin but I smell a little love-traingle in the making.

Nicole I was wondering that too! I have no idea what he could've suddenly seen when he looked at her...so mysterious!

I feel like it's a love triangle in the making too.

Alex I think that since all 7 lords gave her life - that she is going to have all 7 powers - and that is maybe what he realized when he looked at her. I also think he took Amarantha's ring and bone finger necklace.

Even if there is a love interest between her and Rhy later - I really don't think it will be like the love she has with Tamlin. For her to withstand the pain she was going through at the end by Amarantha - and to still love him without question - you can't just walk away from that.

What do you think?

Josa I know there are so many people vouching for Tamlin but honestly I'm rooting for Rhysand, in my opinion he has done way more for feyre.

Khushi Yes, Tamlin wasn't as interesting as Dorian or Chaol, and yes, Rhys brought the prerequisite charisma essential in a male protagonist, but I don't think Ms. Maas is going to go in that direction in her new series as well. Calaena was a much stronger and more likeable MC who knew exactly what she wanted, which I don't feel is the case with Feyre, and she may wobble, but she will not leave Tamlin behind

Josa Gabrielle - Four's ma bae wrote: "I dont believe in Tamlin and Feyre love though, it didn't seem right to me.

I hope she leaves him."
YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS I LOVE RHYS

Jules I feel like her sister Nesta will come back into it, especially because her mind is so strong she could withstand Tamlin's compulsion and Rhysand's main power is the whole telepathy thing. I don't know how she would be brought back into the story but there seemed to be a big enough point made about how strong-willed and of her own mind she is.

I do quite like Rhysand and that whole charismatic darkness thing he has going on, but a love triangle would kill me I just can't take the to-ing and fro-ing anymore. It Hurts my poor feels too much!

Jules It would also be quite annoying for Feyre to do all those trials to prove her love for Tamlin just to be like, I LAV RHYS BAH TAM!

But gotta wait till next year ugh! At least there's Queen of Shadows in September!

message 10: by Josa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josa Jules wrote: "It would also be quite annoying for Feyre to do all those trials to prove her love for Tamlin just to be like, I LAV RHYS BAH TAM!

But gotta wait till next year ugh! At least there's Queen of Sha..."

It would be quite rude of her to do that but... WHY DID MISS MAAS MAKE HIM SO GAAAAAAAAAAH

message 11: by Linh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Linh Nguyen I love love triangle *giggle * just don't make me kill Sarah reading it. Rhysand will definitely pursuit Feyre..... I think?

Jules hahaha no I am actually the same! I think because it's the first book I'm still a bit like what's everyone's deal. But I do really like Rhysand and the whole Hades/Persephone story is one of my faaaves!

I just feel like one moment I'm like yep I like Tamlin, then I stop and think and I'm like buuut Rhysand was such an interesting and multi-layered character for the short about of time he was in the book.

My brain is as confused as yours! Can't wait for the character development in the next two books, I just need them now D:

Y u do diz Sarah J Maas?

Jules I feel like the story will get better because it will depart from the story of beauty and the beast. And the main plot with the King of Hybern will pick up full steam ahead (at least I hope).

But yeah Tamlin seemed a bit too bland at times, so hopefully he gets a few more dimensions to his character in the next books.

I love Greek mythology and the myth of Persephone and Hades is my favourite, so part of me would like that sort of story to happen between Feyre and Rhysand, just because I love the Greek myth so much. I would feel bad for Tamlin if she just upped and left him, bad form.

Ooh yaas I hope the night court is all sort of underworldly and mystical.

I hope we find out soon in the next book though why Rhys looked at her weirdly before disappearing.

Too many mixed feelings has got my brain all over the place :'(

Kyndal I really liked Rhysand. But him with Feyre? Nooooo. He needs someone more badass :D

message 15: by Josa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josa My heart will DIE if Rhys ends up with someone else, I WANT HIM

Jules Kyndal wrote: "I really liked Rhysand. But him with Feyre? Nooooo. He needs someone more badass :D"

Yeah I think I agree. He needs a badass assassin or something cool like that.

Hopefully Feyre becomes a bit more badass and does more hunting or does training (or at least learns to read) so she can fight against the faeries of Hybern.

message 17: by Josa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josa I totally understand where you guys are coming from but I think he needs someone softer since his life has been so effed up so far.

Jules Josa wrote: "I totally understand where you guys are coming from but I think he needs someone softer since his life has been so effed up so far."

An assassin with a heart of gold!(too many of them around)hahaha

I'm also hoping for some snarky dialogue between Lucien and Rhysand.

It's funny that Prythian and Hybern are mapped after the UK and Ireland, like when they mention Hybern my brain is automatically like they talkin bout Ireland.

message 19: by Linh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Linh Nguyen Tamlin was so dreamy *sigh*, but Rhysand mysterious drew me to him in just a few pages, like.... men, that was fast. I knew something was going on underneath all those darkness. It will either be Rhysand pursuits Feyre, or Nesta comes into the fae world and snatches his heart. I will accept nothing beside that in book 2.

KritikaB Tamlin is just too nice and too bland. Even Lucien is more interesting to me...I enjoy his interaction with Fayre. I really do hope that there will be more of Rhysand in the next book. I really like his character; a bit dark, mysterious with bad boyish goodness.
I was wondering the same about the scene at the end of the book. I thought that I missed something and didn't catch the implication...guess will have to wait and find out.

Jules I think maybe something could happen at the wall and Nesta will send her dad and sister south, but she will go to Pyrthian cos a) she's sick of sitting around doing nothing and b) she hates her dad so much she can't deal with staying with him any longer.

I think it would be interesting for her to be in Pyrthian because of what she once said, that she wouldn't be too fond of faeries. So her interactions with the fae and her newly fae sister would be fun to read about.

I'm also thinking maybe she could have hired that mercenary to train her how to fight a bit maybe.

I suppose we all just gotta wait a year!

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict I would love Nesta's pov too. The one thing that bothered me in this book is that it wasnt in third person. Most high fantasy's are in third person. I just really want to see other character's povs, especially Nesta who happens to be one of my fav characters. I feel like this is going to really restrict Sarah because there are so many other storys going on and she is giving herself more trouble trying to figure out how to intergrate those stories in with Feyre's.

One another note, there are going to be 6 books in this series and knowing from ToG absolutely ANYTHING could happen. And the fact that Tamlin and Feyre have already been together and stuff leads me to think that its definitely not going to last or they will have alot of bumps on the road.

There's also this theory going on another discussion about what Rhys saw when he stumbled and the theory is really astonishing because it makes so much sense. The theory is that Rhys sensed that she is his true mate and it even provides the evidence to that.

Gwhizz Gabrielle - Four's ma bae wrote: "Tamlin no offense was so bland. Rhysand however is a delight in a wicked way.

Ive seen on tumblr people think that Rhys sensed they were true mates and something to do with Tamlin and Feyre and Rh..."

Yeah, I didn't want her to become Fae but knew that was the most likely ending.
I'm totally rooting for a love triangle! Stuff Tam and his boring noble self. Rhys sounds wickedly yummy and I would love to know more of his story.

Tamlin's love felt forced. He took her away to his land where he would be pretty much the only male she would see, showered her with luxury and attention etc is she really going to be bought so easily? The only other male, Lucien would want to help them get together as he wants the curse to be broken too! Although, now that it is broken....

Alicia I liked Tam with Feyre. I know this is in the minority but I think Rysand should have his happy with someone else. After all I think he deserves it and a love triangle isn't good for anyone.

message 25: by Mirou (last edited May 15, 2015 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mirou Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict wrote: "I would love Nesta's pov too. The one thing that bothered me in this book is that it wasnt in third person. Most high fantasy's are in third person. I just really want to see other character's povs..."

6 BOOKS ????? OH, that's changes everything because Feyre can potentially have others suitors.

But, anyway, I want her with Rhys. And there are several clues in the book which confirm that they are going to share something. Like the moment when Rhys said that everything he loves has a tendancy to be taken from him and this may be a glimpse of his futur complicated story with Feyre. And the cell scene when Feyre is listening to the music.

To answer the question, like you, I think he saw that she's his mate but giving his reaction, I don't think he is happy about it. I'm pretty sure he is going to struggle against it! Mate means trust which means revealing secrets and that, Rhys is not willing to do it.
What do you think ?

message 26: by Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict (last edited May 15, 2015 08:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict @Mirou

Yeah, that would make alot of sense. Anyway, Ive learnt not to ship certain characters in Sarah J. Maas's books. You just NEVER know who the main character will end up with. And its almost like with every single book Sarah introduces a new relationship that you think will be the endgame relationship and then she crushes that possibility - just look at Chaol and Celaena/Aelin. So anyway, will this series Im just going to sit back and enjoy it. Plus I love both Rhys and Tam right now. And there's always the possibility of Sarah adding in a new character and us absolutely loving that character (Im thinking of Rowen right now).

Oh I think I was wrong before. I checked on GR and they only have 3 books added on for the series. But I swear I heard somewhere it was 6. Hmm

message 27: by Linh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Linh Nguyen Ohhh how I loved Rowan in ToG. He was my fav male character in it. I hope she would add someone like him in ACOTAR.

message 28: by Sasa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasa I think ToG is going to be 6 books, and ACOTAR only 3. But I'm totally for Rhysand. I don't mind Tamlin, but he wasn't as attractive to me.

message 29: by Hady (last edited May 17, 2015 10:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hady Gómez I loveeee Rhys but I think Feyre and he will become kind of friends first, (maybe he'll teach her how to read/write -I want that chapter now-), obviously if they're going to have something isn't going to be outright. It would be little by little cuz Tamlin. But I love them both ARGH MY HEART.

message 30: by Stéphanie (last edited May 20, 2015 12:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stéphanie I've been thinking a lot about this, and I had this feeling while reading the book.

What if Amarantha's sister gave birth to a fae-human baby right before she died? I believe Feyre to be related to her, it might explain perhaps why Nesta couldn't be compulsed. Feyre said at he beginning of the book that she and Nesta had the same eyes as her mother did, Maybe Rhys saw her eyes, and now that she was fae they were more like the eyes of her perhaps fae ancestor

Oh and team Tamlin all the way. Rhys drugged her almost every night for about 2 months, and made her do stuff she didn't want to do. I know he is all mysterious and seems like a tortured soul or whatever, but that is just not okay.

Kyndal Exactly...Rhys treated her terribly. Why should him and Feyre be together? She doesn't even like him.

message 32: by Marien (last edited May 20, 2015 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marien I think he imprinted on her!!! that's my theory :P on book 2 she is going to spend a lot of time on night court and I'm sure there will be some kind of love triangle :(

message 33: by Linh (last edited May 20, 2015 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Linh Nguyen The think is, he drugged her so she won't have to remember it, btw, he didn't really do anything to her, and he helped her a lot, to be precise. Remember how he tried to fight for her when Amarantha wanted to kill her, even though he knew he was going to loose anyway.

I'm not saying this because I'm on his side, I'm just saying we don't know all about him yet, based on the ending (obviously). So there will be more to read and more to find out in book two. Who know what else he will do?

Also, Tamlin was good, I just wish there was something more to him, sometimes he seem confusing to me. I hope there will be character growth in the future, or else I'm just gonna go with Rhys.

Mirou If Book 1 was the beauty and the beast history, Book 2 is Hades and Persephone's one and I can't wait. @Kyndal, Warner in Shatter Me was also mean to Juliette in the first and yet they end up together. Anything can happen with Maas ;)

message 35: by Liana (last edited May 20, 2015 10:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liana I also thought that Rhys might have seen/felt that they could be mates at the end. From what they explained with Lucien, the mate bond isn't formed instantly...I wonder how that works.

I'm not completely decided about who i like better, but I do think there is more to Rhys. I actually think that he presented himself has cruel but that most of his actions were merciful deep down....because he couldn't have made that deal and not used it to torment Tamlin without receiving backlash from the Queen. He had to make it look like he was still supporting her endgame, he killed the lord from the summer court because it would be better to die than to have you mind taken, and he also tried keep Feyre's identity a secret.

I do like Tamlin, it just seems to be missing something.

Liana Linh wrote: "Tamlin was so dreamy *sigh*, but Rhysand mysterious drew me to him in just a few pages, like....
men, that was fast.
I knew something was going on underneath all those darkness. It will either be..."

I actually want Nesta with Lucien!

Mirou Liana wrote: "Linh wrote: "Tamlin was so dreamy *sigh*, but Rhysand mysterious drew me to him in just a few pages, like....
men, that was fast.
I knew something was going on underneath all those darkness. It w..."

Me too ! Though I don't know how they are going to meet, anu ideas ?

message 38: by Sasa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasa I think Nesta is going to come to visit Feyre in the next book. And yes, she seems like she'd be a good fit for Lucien.

message 39: by Josa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josa Nesta + Lucien ❤️

message 40: by Josa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josa Nesta + Lucien ❤️

message 41: by Linh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Linh Nguyen Nesta and Lucien sound good, too. I'd like to see how they're bickering each other hahaha that'd be funny.

message 42: by Sasa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sasa Nesta and Lucien both have a bit of a darker edge to them. Kind of this frustration about their life. I think they'll be awesome once they get together!

KritikaB Linh wrote: "Nesta and Lucien sound good, too. I'd like to see how they're bickering each other hahaha that'd be funny."

Yeahhh, Nesta & Lucien would be great!! I already like Lucien. I think his tortured past makes him more interesting. His snapping and bickering will match with Nesta. It would be a joy to read.

message 44: by Joanna (new) - added it

Joanna Refugio The first thing that comes to my mind was "no way!!"
1st i can sense the love triangle in the making
2nd yeah i like rhys but please i dont want it to be like as Throne of glass, i still cant even move on on that, i want her to stick to one and it will ruin all the sacrifices and love the prove here in the 1st book,
Please no!
Please Caleana's love story in Throne of glass is enough to ruined my emotions

message 45: by Mirou (last edited May 23, 2015 05:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mirou 1. There will a love triangle, It's obvious from all the clues Sarah J. Maas put in the book and from her pinterest (There are HUNDREDS of Rhys & Feyre picture!).

2. Sarah J.Maas confirmed that Lucien will have a love intrest. So, I'm pretty sure it's Nesta.

Remember this quote ? "[...] Frowning at the violets and roses I'd painted aroud the knobs of Elain's drawer, the crackling flames I'd painted around Nesta's, and the nighty sky - whorls of yello stars standing in for white - around mine." P.15

This can't be a coincidence. "flames" make me think of Lucien. And "the nighty sky", Rhys of course! And for Elain, the "violets and roses" make me thing of the Spring Court or maybe the summer Court ?

3. I agree with you @Gabrielle. I think Elain might somehow die (By the former queen faes, you know the mean ones) and that would be the reason of a meeting between Nesta and Feyre. They will both seek revenge.

message 46: by Kunj (last edited May 23, 2015 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kunj I see Rhys as a fun and witty character - a perfect ally and friend for Feyre. But Tamlin and her connection is so different. He brought her into his world. He showed her COLOURS & SHAPES and what it is like to dance and smile with no restraints. He is her first love. It's special and irreplaceable. Not to mention the whole 'I traveled back to your world to save you from Amarantha (death and destruction incarnate)'
...If that doesn't solidify a bond, I don't know what does.

I personally think Rhys saw some semblance of adoration for him when he was leaving. I really hope the story isn't going the way we all seem to think it's going. lol.

Felicia Mirou wrote: "1. There will a love triangle, It's obvious from all the clues Sarah J. Maas put in the book and from her pinterest (There are HUNDREDS of Rhys & Feyre picture!).

2. Sarah J.Maas confirmed that Lu..."

*Mind Blown*
I hadn't even thought of that! But that's would be an interesting foreshadowing.
I sincerely hope there is not a love triangle. I do find the mate theory certainly feasible. Though on another discussion someone else has brought up potentially Feyre and her sister's having fae lineage. Thoughts?

message 48: by Joanna (new) - added it

Joanna Refugio I still hope that there will be no love triangle or if ever there will be i hope the love of Feyre for Tamlin will not change, it says in the last pages that Feyre possibly still has her human heart and if ever she will love another than Tamlin i think it will just ruin the main focus of the 1st book which is true love and it will just prove what Amarantha said that humans have an inconstant heart, and i dont what that to happen

Sophia Omg you guys are convincing me with Nesta and Lucien xD

I totally loved Tamlin, until we learned more about Rhysand. I feel like I switched sides so fast between them. I also started to find the "love" between Feyre and Tamlin less and less believable as the story went on. It felt like mostly lust to me idk.

Truly tho guys, I feel like hyperventilating. I just finished the book and need to let it out. Rhysand was just awesome and helped her out so much, and I love his sense of humor and wit, and he is so complex. Sorry about rambling!

To address the topic though, I think he saw something in her mind at their last meeting. Or maybe he came to realization about her, I don't know, but I have a ton of time to contemplate it until the next book comes out :)

Jules I feel like the reason Rhysand is liked more than Tamlin is because he actually did stuff in the last third of the book, whereas Tamlin, at times, literally just sat there and did nothing. Just the way he did absolutely nothing was what made him seem so boring, but I did love him in the first half of the book, so hopefully in the second book he goes back to being interesting Tamlin! Waiting a year is torture, it's only been 3 weeks since it came out!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34