Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2020 Challenge Archive > 2020 October Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 637 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed.
🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover or read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed)

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.

Link to Meghan March's backlist -
https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

Fun Facts about Meghan March:
* Meghan March lives in the Pacific Northwest
* She used to be a corporate lawyer
* She has over 30 titles published

🎃You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest. You can also read a book with a lawyer in it or with a character who has changed occupations (with no regrets!)

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.
🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.

9. October 31st is Halloween.
🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover.

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.

message 2: by Rissa (last edited Sep 20, 2020 10:05AM) (new)

Rissa | 637 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

Suggestions/Questions:

Please ask any questions about this challenge in this thread.
I will answer them as they come up and transfer the question and answer to this message to hopefully help everyone.

You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Upon completion, please repost your challenge as it helps when updating; you may update your original challenge as you go or repost if you choose.

message 3: by Rissa (last edited Oct 22, 2020 10:16AM) (new)

Rissa | 637 comments Here's mine! :)

2020 October Monthly Challenge

2020 October Monthly Challenge Read 10/10 FINISHED!!!!

✔1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃book published in October
An Admirer by Megan Derr finished 10/19/2020
✔2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: 🎃book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed)
Backwoods Beast by Claire Cray finished 10/10/2020
✔3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃book with a character who has changed occupations (with no regrets!)
Us by Sarina Bowen finished 10/12/2020
✔4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃book with a character involved in the food industry
Jacks and Marchie by Lucy Lennox finished 10/3/2020
✔5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy/book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E
Say You’ll Be Nine by Lucy Lennox finished 10/2/2020
✔6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls)/book that has some type of miscommunication/book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date
The Boyfriend Game by Stella Starling finished 10/8/2020
✔7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome)/book that has a skeptical character
Prophesy by A.E. Via finished 10/9/2020 I LIKED IT! :)
✔8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day. 🎃book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title
Alpha Ablaze by Susi Hawke Piper Scott finished 10/14/2020
✔9. October 31st is Halloween. 🎃book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense
The Boy with the Painful Tattoo by Josh Lanyon finished 10/18/2020
✔10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.
You First by J.C. Lillis finished 10/4/2020

An Admirer (Jewel Bonds, #1) by Megan Derr Backwoods Beast by Claire Cray Us (Him, #2) by Sarina Bowen Jacks and Marchie (Say You'll Be Nine, #1.5) by Lucy Lennox Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1) by Lucy Lennox The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1) by Stella Starling Prophesy (The King & Alpha Series, #1) by A.E. Via Alpha Ablaze (Waking the Dragons #2) by Susi Hawke The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity #3) by Josh Lanyon You First by J.C. Lillis

message 4: by Bookchaser (last edited Oct 02, 2020 12:38AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1891 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

0/10 Completed

01. Happy October Birthday!: 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.
Return to Virgin River by Robyn Carr
OR
The Mate by Abigail Owen
OR
A Slip in Time by Kathleen Kirkwood
02. Flower of the Month ~ Marigold: 🌼Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover or read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed).
Island Heat by Susan Kearney
OR
No Man's Mistress by Mary Balogh
OR
You Say It First by Susan Mallery
03. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) ~ Meghan March: 👩🏻‍💻Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.
You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest. You can also read a book with a lawyer in it or with a character who has changed occupations (with no regrets!).
Call Me Wild by Robin Kaye
OR
No Kind of Hero by Rosalind James
OR
Sweet Lake by Christine Nolfi
04. National Seafood Month: 🦀Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.
A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros
OR
Merry Ex-Mas by Sheila Roberts
OR
Sweet Surprise by Candis Terry
OR
No Time to Explain by Kate Angell
05. World Smile Day (October 2): 😄Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
Anything but Love by Abigail Strom
06. International Newspaper Carrier Day (October 10): 📰Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
Bride by Mail by Katy Madison
OR
The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora Seton
OR
The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora Seton
07. International Skeptics Day (October 13): 🤨Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
The Last de Burgh by Deborah Simmons
OR
The Shimmering by Susan Kearney
OR
All You Need is Love by Marie Force
08. Punk for a Day Day (October 25): 🎸Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.
Rising Star by Terri Osburn
OR
Rock Me Two Times by Dawn Ryder
09. Halloween (October 31): 🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover.
Season of Joy: Includes a bonus novella by Annie Rains
OR
Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne
OR
The Brides of Christmas by Jo Beverley
OR
Just Say Christmas by Rosalind James
10. Reader's Choice: 📚Read any book of your choice.
Tie the Knot in Good Hope by Cindy Kirk
OR
Wolfe Watching by Joan Hohl
OR
Welcome to Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts

XXX Return to Virgin River (Virgin River, #19) by Robyn Carr XXX The Mate (Fire's Edge, #0.5) by Abigail Owen XXX A Slip in Time by Kathleen Kirkwood XXX Island Heat by Susan Kearney XXX No Man's Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #2) by Mary Balogh XXX You Say It First (Happily Inc, #1) by Susan Mallery XXX Call Me Wild (Wild Thing #2) by Robin Kaye XXX No Kind of Hero (Portland Devils, #2) by Rosalind James XXX Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1) by Christine Nolfi XXX A Kiss to Remember (Once Upon a Time, #3) by Teresa Medeiros XXX Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2) by Sheila Roberts XXX Sweet Surprise (Sweet, Texas, #4) by Candis Terry XXX No Time to Explain (Barefoot William Beach #6) by Kate Angell XXX Anything but Love (Love, #3) by Abigail Strom XXX Bride by Mail (Wild West Weddings #1) by Katy Madison XXX The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #1) by Cora Seton XXX The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1) by Cora Seton XXX The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7) by Deborah Simmons XXX The Shimmering by Susan Kearney XXX All You Need is Love (Green Mountain, #1) by Marie Force XXX Rising Star (Shooting Stars, #1) by Terri Osburn XXX Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band, #1) by Dawn Ryder XXX Season of Joy Includes a bonus novella by Annie Rains XXX Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne XXX The Brides of Christmas by Jo Beverley XXX Just Say Christmas (Escape to New Zealand Book 13) by Rosalind James XXX Tie the Knot in Good Hope (Good Hope, #7) by Cindy Kirk XXX Wolfe Watching (Big, Bad Wolfe #2) by Joan Hohl XXX Welcome to Icicle Falls by Sheila Roberts XXX

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1095 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed.
🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover or read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed)

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.

🎃You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest. You can also read a book with a lawyer in it or with a character who has changed occupations (with no regrets!)

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.

🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.

🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover.

message 6: by M (last edited Oct 15, 2020 08:06AM) (new)

M | 562 comments I'm in

10/10 completed

1.🎃Book with colorful cover
The Boss Who Stole Christmas by Jana Aston
4⭐ Oct 14th

2. 🎃Read a book with an artist in it
The Trouble with You by LA Cotton ----- 4⭐ Oct 8th

3. 🎃Read a book with a lawyer in it
Only You by Melanie Harlow ------ 4⭐ Oct 9th

4 🎃 Read a book with a character involved in the food industry (owns food truck)
Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward ----- 3.5/4⭐ Oct 2nd

5 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy.
Subscriber Wars by Kristy Marie ------ 5⭐ Oct 1st

6 🎃Read a book that has some type of miscommunication
Pray for Scars by KV Rose ----- 4⭐ Oct7th

7 🎃 Read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
Elegant Sins ----- 4⭐ Oct 5th

8.🎃 Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.
Drumline by Stacy Kestwick ---- 4⭐ Oct 13th

These Monstrous Ties by KV Rose ---- 4⭐ Oct6th

Hear No Evil by Ivy Fox --------- 5⭐ Oct 3rd

1 The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1) by Jana Aston 2 The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1) by L.A. Cotton 3 Only You (One and Only, # 1) by Melanie Harlow 4 Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward 5 Subscriber Wars by Kristy Marie 6 Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2) by K.V. Rose 7 Elegant Sins by Stasia Black 8 Drumline by Stacy Kestwick 9 These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1) by K.V. Rose 10 Hear No Evil (The Society #2) by Ivy Fox

message 7: by Sonja (last edited Oct 30, 2020 12:19PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1123 comments 10/5! I finished!!!
🎃1. Happy October Birthday! - Island Affair – colorful cover ⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: Well Played– Yellow cover ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃 3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: A Highlander Walks into a Bar– changes careers, lawyer ⭐⭐⭐
🎃4. October is National Seafood Month. Beneath the Scars – water on cover ⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. Girl at Heart – smile on cover, made me happy ⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. Romancing Mister Bridgerton – letters ⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. Getting Schooled - I was skeptical, but I did like it!⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day. Fall – musicians, rockstars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃9. October 31st is Halloween. Catalyst– suspense/mystery/thriller ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🎃10. Reader's Choice: The Marriage Wager⭐⭐⭐

Read
Island Affair (Keys to Love, #1) by Priscilla Oliveras Well Played (Well Met, #2) by Jen DeLuca A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1) by Laura Trentham Beneath the Scars by Melanie Moreland Girl at Heart by Kelly Oram Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) by Julia Quinn Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1) by Emma Chase Fall (VIP, #3) by Kristen Callihan Catalyst (Flashpoint #2) by Rachel Grant The Marriage Wager (The Matchmaker #1) by Candace Camp

message 8: by Michaele (last edited Oct 20, 2020 06:47PM) (new)

Michaele | 4374 comments I'm in!

10/10

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal. Love in Spades, Charlie Cochet, 10/1

🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover Diamond in the Rough, Charlie Cochet, 10/8

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest Baked Fresh, Annabeth Albert, 10/8

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book with water on the cover. Wait for Me, Kris Jacen, 10/13

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. Slow Pitch, Amy Lane, 10/4

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). Drunk Text, seventhswan, 10/5

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). Explore with Me, Kris Jacen, 10/13 (I didn't end up liking this one and the narration didn't help at all!)

🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- Lies & Lullabies, Sarina Bowen, 10/10

9. October 31st is Halloween.🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. Wild Ride, Jennifer Crusie, 10/20

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice. Well Played, Jen DeLuca, 10/20

Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1) by Charlie Cochet Wait for Me (With Me, #1) by Kris Jacen Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2) by Annabeth Albert Slow Pitch by Amy Lane Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4) by Charlie Cochet Drunk Text by seventhswan Explore with Me (With Me Book #2) by Kris Jacen Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1) by Sarina Bowen Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie Well Played (Well Met, #2) by Jen DeLuca

message 9: by Jo (last edited Oct 05, 2020 01:34PM) (new)

Jo | 55 comments My Spot!

message 10: by April (new)

April Raimond | 892 comments I'm in.

message 11: by Sandra (last edited Oct 14, 2020 01:37PM) (new)

Sandra | 712 comments I'M IN!

1. 🎃 colorful/multi-colored cover - After Sundown - Linda Howard - 13 OCT
2. 🎃 mostly orange cover - Lost - James Patterson - 5 OCT
3. 🎃 author with her first or last name - Boss Man Bridegroom - Meghan Quinn - 3 OCT
4. 🎃 water on the cover - Dreaming Death - Heather Graham - 7 OCT
5. 🎃 title that starts with S - Savage Peril - Emily Jane Trent - 8 OCT
6. 🎃 1 and 0 in the published date - Yellowstone Legacy - Peggy L. Henderson (2016) - 9 OCT
7. 🎃 book that you're not sure you're going to like - Flash Point - Brooke Blaine (No, I didn't like it) - 2 OCT
8. 🎃 book about musicians - Falling Star - Terri Osburn - 12 OCT
9. 🎃 mystery, thriller, or suspense - Dark Nightmares - Becca Jameson - 6 OCT
10.🎃 Reader's Choice - Master of Salt & Bones - Keri Lake - 5 OCT

After Sundown by Linda Howard Lost by James Patterson Boss Man Bridegroom by Meghan Quinn Dreaming Death (Krewe of Hunters #32) by Heather Graham Savage Peril (Stealth Security #6) by Emily Jane Trent Yellowstone Legacy by Peggy L. Henderson Flash Point by Brooke Blaine Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2) by Terri Osburn Dark Nightmares (Dark Falls, #4) by Becca Jameson Master of Salt & Bones by Keri Lake

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21810 comments Me!

message 13: by Georgina (last edited Oct 18, 2020 09:01AM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 258 comments Read 10/10

1. Happy October Birthday! - Read a book published in October: The Ugly Dukeling 13/10

2. Flower of the Month – Marigold - Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover: Take a Hint, Dani Brown 19/10

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March. Read one book written by Meghan March: Beneath This Mask 11/10

4. October is National Seafood Month - Read a book that has a "fishy" character: A Wilderness of Glass 14/10

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day - Read a book that you know will make you smile: When She Dances 16/10

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day - Read a book that has some type of miscommunication: Pandemonium 5/10

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day - Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like: Dating You / Hating You 9/10

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day - Read a book about musicians: Laws of Physics: Space 7/10

9. October 31st is Halloween - Read a book with a holiday theme: Dec the Holls 11/10

10. Reader's Choice - Read any book of your choice: Anna and the Alien 2/10

The Ugly Dukeling (Cosmic Fairy Tales) by Bex McLynn Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2) by Talia Hibbert Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1) by Meghan March A Wilderness of Glass by Grace Draven When She Dances (Risdaverse #5) by Ruby Dixon Pandemonium (World Fallen, #1) by Susanna Strom Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren Laws of Physics Space (Hypothesis, #5) by Penny Reid Dec the Holls by Jasinda Wilder Anna and the Alien (Alien Abduction, #1) by Honey Phillips

message 14: by Patrizia (last edited Oct 23, 2020 07:45AM) (new)

Patrizia | 92 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
5/5 romance

Wilderness Sabotage by Heather Woodhaven 7 October; 4☆
Wilderness Sabotage by Heather Woodhaven

Washington- More Than a Touch by Alexis Morgan 15 October; 4 1/2☆
More Than a Touch (Snowberry Creek, #2) by Alexis Morgan

Lighthouse Cottage by Barbara Cool Lee 10 October; 4☆
Lighthouse Cottage (Pajaro Bay, #3) by Barbara Cool Lee

La seduzione del ghiaccio (=The seduction of ice) by Mirta Drake 23 October; 4☆
La seduzione del ghiaccio (Norse Love Trilogy Vol. 1) by Mirta Drake

(romantic suspense) Sepolto (=Buried) by Kendra Elliot 2 October; 5☆
Sepolto (Bone Secrets, #3) by Kendra Elliot

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (scoutmomskf) | 1696 comments I'm in!

1. Happy October Birthday! :
🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March:
🎃Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.

4. October is National Seafood Month:
🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day:
🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day:
🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day:
🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day:

9. October 31st is Halloween:

10. Reader's Choice:
🎃Read any book of your choice.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 16: by Tiki (last edited Oct 27, 2020 04:54AM) (new)

Tiki  | 346 comments 🍭🍭👻💀💀👻2020 October Monthly Challenge🧙🏻‍♀️🧞‍♀️🧞‍♀️🧙🏻‍♀️🍬🍬
👻👻👻8/8 COMPLETED!!!👻👻👻

👻1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.
Demon Crossings Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1) by Eleri Stone by: Eleri Stone (10/03/20)

👻2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed.
Taken Taken (TerraMates, #2) by Lisa Lace by: Lisa Lace (10/03/20)

👻4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.
Hex Hall Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins by: Rachel Hawkins (10/02/20)

👻5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
Echo Echo by Seven Rue by: Seven Rue (10/06/20)

👻6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunicationor read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
Darkness Dawns Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall by: Dianne Duvall (10/05/20)

👻7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
Darkfever Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning by: Karen Marie Moning (10/08/20)

👻9. October 31st is Halloween.
The Sacrifice The Sacrifice by Evangeline Anderson by: Evangeline Anderson (10/11/20)

👻10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.
Keep Me Keep Me (Twist Me, #2) by Anna Zaires by: Anna Zaires (10/13/20)

message 17: by Christine (last edited Oct 23, 2020 07:32PM) (new)

Christine (KizzieReads) (kizzie48) | 117 comments I'm in!

...10/10 Completed October 23

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃 Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins October 6, 3 stars

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: 🎃 The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid by Geronimo Stilton October 22, 4 stars

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃 Ruthless King by Meghan March October 13, 3 stars

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃 Neil Flambé and the Tokyo Treasure by Kevin Sylvester October 21, 4 stars

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃 Strange Candy by Laurell K. Hamilton October 9, 4 stars

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃 News of the World by Paulette Jiles October 23, 4 stars

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃 Linger by Maggie Stiefvater October 19, 4 stars

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.🎃 Hammer of the Gods by Stephen Davis October 17, 4 stars

9. October 31st is Halloween. 🎃 Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick October 7, 4 stars

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃 The Cinderella Act by Jennifer Lewis October 11, 3 stars

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2) by Geronimo Stilton Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March Neil Flambé and the Tokyo Treasure (The Neil Flambe Capers Book 4) by Kevin Sylvester Strange Candy (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #0.5) by Laurell K. Hamilton News of the World by Paulette Jiles Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Hammer of the Gods by Stephen Davis Trick or Treat by Richie Tankersley Cusick The Cinderella Act by Jennifer Lewis

message 18: by Frankie (last edited Oct 23, 2020 03:42PM) (new)

Frankie Johnson | 258 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
Duration: October 1, 2020-October 31, 2020

10/10 Completed. Finished

1. Happy October Birthday! -
🎃Read a book published in October
The Bribe-Willa Nash 10/16

🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover.
Arsen-Mia Asher 10/16

🎃Read one book written by Meghan March.
Meghan March-Take Me Back 10/01

4. October is National Seafood Month.
🎃Read a book with water on the cover.
A Nordic King-Karina Halle 10/10

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day.
🎃Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
El Santo-M. Robinson 10/20

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day.
🎃Read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
(6/27/2017)
Dark Guardian Craved-I.T. Lucas 10/12

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day.
🎃Read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
(302)
Instant Attraction-Jill Shalvis 10/11

🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians.
Melody & Styx-Anne Mercier 10/09

🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween.
A Thanksgiving Dilemma-Rose Francis 10/06

10. Reader's Choice:
🎃Read any book of your choice.
Ugly Love-Colleen Hoover 10/23
The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1) by Willa Nash Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher Take Me Back by Meghan March A Nordic King (Nordic Royals, #3) by Karina Halle El Santo (Saint-Sinner, #1) by M. Robinson Dark Guardian Craved (Children of the Gods #12) by I.T. Lucas Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1) by Jill Shalvis Melody & Styx (Rockstar #9.5) by Anne Mercier A Thanksgiving Dilemma (Holiday Hunks, #3) by Rose Francis Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

message 19: by JoAnne (last edited Oct 22, 2020 04:08PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 314 comments Read 10/10 books DONE!

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October
Admit You Miss Me A Surrogate Pregnancy Romance (Irresistible Billionaires Book 1) by Ajme Williams Admit You Miss Me: A Surrogate Pregnancy Romance (Irresistible Billionaires Book 1) by Ajme Williams 10/10/20 4stars (10/10/20 release)

🎃Read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed)
Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3) by Tessa Bailey Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered #3) by Tessa Bailey 10/2/20 4stars (Bethany - stages houses that her family flips)

🎃You may also read a book set in the Pacific Northwest. - Montana
Wildflower Road (Madison River Romance #2) by Janine Rosche Wildflower Road (Madison River Romance #2) by Janine Rosche 10/3/20 4.5stars

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious)
A Princess by Christmas (A Royal Wedding, #3) by Julia London A Princess by Christmas (A Royal Wedding #3) by Julia London 10/13/20 4stars (Van - Foreign Minister and Dromio - Minister of Trade; both of Wesloria)

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :) E
Endeared (The Accidental Billionaires #5) by J.S. Scott Endeared (The Accidental Billionaires #5) by J.S. Scott 10/4/20 4stars

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls).
Her Christmas Cowboy (The Wyoming Cowboy #5) by Jessica Clare Her Christmas Cowboy (The Wyoming Cowboy #5) by Jessica Clare 10/6/20 4stars (Caleb writes letters/notes to Amy; they talk on phone; texts from her ex)

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
A Family For Christmas (The Burlesons of Texas, #2) by Nola Cross A Family For Christmas (The Burlesons of Texas #2) by Nola Cross 10/8/20 4stars (Annie is skeptical of Bill; 166 pages)

🎃Read a book that includes the letters R O C K in the series title.
Her Christmas Wish (Crooked Halo Christmas Chronicles Book 2) by Kathy Coatney Her Christmas Wish (Crooked Halo Christmas Chronicles Book 2) by Kathy Coatney 10/21/20 4stars

🎃Read a book with a holiday theme,
The Christmas Table (Christmas Hope, #10) by Donna VanLiere The Christmas Table (Christmas Hope #10) by Donna VanLiere 10/4/20 4stars (Christmas)

Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown 10/10/20 4stars

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• | 520 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

Completed 10/10

✔️1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October

In the Mood Fur Love by Eve Langlais In the Mood Fur Love by Eve Langlais - 19/10/2020

✔️2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: 🎃Read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed)

Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink Colorado Springs, #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan Fallen Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan - 03/10/2020

✔️3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read a book with a lawyer in it

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James - 01/10/2020

✔️4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character
(suspicious - ex-mother-in-law)

Husband Material by Emily Belden Husband Material by Emily Belden - 06/10/2020

✔️5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile

Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Go Fetch! by Shelly Laurenston - 08/10/2020

✔️6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way

One Heart to Win (Callahan-Warren, #1) by Johanna Lindsey One Heart to Win by Johanna Lindsey - 02/10/2020

✔️7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (result: three star)

One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan - 04/10/2020

✔️8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.
🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book that includes the letters R O C K in the series title.
Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs - Jagged Ink (Montgomery Ink Colorado Springs, #3) by Carrie Ann Ryan Jagged Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan - 05/10/2020

✔️9. October 31st is Halloween.
🎃Read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense.

Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops, #4) by Katie Reus Edge of Danger by Katie Reus - 03/10/2020

✔️10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.

The Best Man Plan (Boots and Bouquets, #1) by Jaci Burton The Best Man Plan by Jaci Burton - 01/10/2020

message 21: by Barbara ★ (last edited Oct 23, 2020 12:03PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3613 comments October Monthly Challenge

READ: 10/10

✔1. Happy October Birthday!
An Apprentice to Elves - Sarah Monette & Elizabeth Bear (pub Oct 13, 2015) 10/10

✔2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed.
🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover
The Sign - Raymond Khoury 10/5

✔ 3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read a book with a lawyer in it
Identical - Scott Turow 10/16

✔4. October is National Seafood Month.
🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.).
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea - Kerrelyn Sparks (selkie) 10/3

✔5. October 2nd is World Smile Day.
🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile
Charlie All Night - Jennifer Crusie 10/12

✔6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day.
🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
The 17th Suspect - James Patterson & Maxine Paetro 10/20
(pub April 30, 2018)

✔7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day.
🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome).
Dreams in the Key of Blue - John Philpin (hated it!) 10/7

✔8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.
Burn This! - Tasha Black 10/18

✔9. October 31st is Halloween.
🎃Read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense.
Deadly Fate - Heather Graham 10/7

✔10. Reader's Choice:
🎃Read any book of your choice
Taken by Tuesday - Catherine Bybee 10/9

An Apprentice to Elves (Iskryne World, #3) by Sarah Monette The Sign by Raymond Khoury Identical (Kindle County Legal Thriller #9) by Scott Turow The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea (Embraced by Magic, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Charlie All Night by Jennifer Crusie The 17th Suspect (Women's Murder Club, #17) by James Patterson Dreams in the Key of Blue by John Philpin Burn This! (300 Moons, #1) by Tasha Black Deadly Fate (Krewe of Hunters, #19) by Heather Graham Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5) by Catherine Bybee

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 22: by Mony (last edited Oct 17, 2020 10:09AM) (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments 🌻🌴👻🌸🎃 👻🍷🎃🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻🍷 👻🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻🍷🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻

October 2020 Monthly Challenge 📚 📚 📚 📚 Read: 10/10

1. 🎃Read a book published in October- Mr. Mysterious- 10/6- 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2. 🎃Read a book with an artist (authors) -Cruel Idols- 10/11- 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
3. 🎃 Book with character who changed jobs- Rock Star, Unbroken- 10/7- 2 ⭐⭐
4. 🎃Book with other-worldly character (selkie)- Sin & Salvation- 10/8- 3 ⭐⭐⭐
5. 🎃 Book that makes you smile - Running with a Sweet Talker- 10/5- 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
6. 🎃Book with 1 & 0 in pub. date- The Boss Who Stole Christmas-10/5-4⭐⭐⭐⭐
7. 🎃Book with a skeptical character- The Bribe- 10/16- 3 ⭐⭐⭐
8. 🎃 Read a book about musicians- Rock Star, Interrupted- 10/7 - 3 ⭐⭐⭐
9. 🎃Book with suspense- Thirty-Six and a Half Motives-10/4- 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
10.🎃Reader's Choice: Brutal Prince- 10/16- 3 ⭐⭐⭐

Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4) by J.A. Huss Cruel Idols by Sorcha Black Rock Star, Unbroken (Tragic Duet, #2) by S.M. Shade Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco, #3) by K.F. Breene Running with a Sweet Talker (Brides on the Run, #2) by Jami Albright The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1) by Willa Nash Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1) by S.M. Shade Thirty-Six and a Half Motives (Rose Gardner Mystery, #9) by Denise Grover Swank Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1) by Sophie Lark

🌻🌴👻🌸🎃 👻🍷🎃🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻🍷 👻🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻🍷🌻🌴🌸🎃 👻 👻🌻

message 23: by Samar (new)

Samar Abdellaoui (samarabdellaoui) | 12 comments I'm in
0/10 Completed

1. Happy October Birthday!
Happily Letter After by Vi Keeland Happily Letter After by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward

🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover.

🎃Read one book written by Meghan March.

🎃Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

🎃Read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.

🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween.

message 24: by Elaine (last edited Oct 21, 2020 02:00AM) (new)

Elaine | 264 comments Monthly Challenge ~ October 1st to 31st

Read 9/9

1) Book published in October: My Dashing Duke: Tammy Andresen 5☆ 7/10/20
2) Mostly yellow on cover: The Doctor and the Libertine Callie Hutton 5☆ 6/10/20
3) X
4) Water on cover: Who Wants a Brawling Baron Tammy Andresen 5☆ 9/10/20
5) Makes me smile: Rosie the Dragon and Charlie Say Good Night Lauren H. Kerstein 4☆ 17/10/20
6) Numbers 1 and 0 in published date:Forevermore Lauren Royal (2012) 4☆ 20/10/20
7) Page count with 1 in it: Breton Wolfe Victoria Vane (p115) 5☆ 19/10/20
8) ROCK in author's name: A Touch of Scandal Connie Brockway 4☆ 3/10/20
9) Holiday theme: Mystery: The Sudbury School Murders Ashley Gardner 4☆ 21/10/20
10) Reader's Choice: Miss Harvey's Horribly Lovable Fiancé Cerise DeLand 4☆ 19/10/20

Going to read no.5 with my grandchild 😁

My Dashing Duke (Wallflower's Christmas Wish Book 1) by Tammy Andresen The Doctor and the Libertine (The Merry Misfits of Bath, #5) by Callie Hutton X Who Wants a Brawling Baron (Romancing the Rake, #6) by Tammy Andresen Rosie the Dragon and Charlie Say Good Night by Lauren H. Kerstein Forevermore (The Jewel Trilogy #2.5) by Lauren Royal Breton Wolfe (World of de Wolfe Pack; The Wolves Of Brittany #1) by Victoria Vane A Touch of Scandal (A Short Story) by Connie Brockway The Sudbury School Murders (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries, #4) by Ashley Gardner Miss Harvey's Horribly Lovable Fiancé (Four Weddings and a Frolic, #3) by Cerise DeLand

message 25: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Nov 02, 2020 10:39AM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 930 comments October Monthly Challenge
Duration: 1 - 31 Oct

Read: 10/10

1. Read a book published in October Brothersong 10/27

2. Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover The Courtship of Julian St. Albans 10/12

3. Read a book with an author with the first name Meghan or a lawyer character or one who changes careers Daring Fate 10/4

4. Read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover: Stirring Up Trouble 10/24

5. Read a book that you know will make you smile Emerald Blaze 10/25

6. Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date Common Goal 10/1

7. Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like. Pretty Pretty Boys 10/26

8. Read a book about musicians, or a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title: Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf 10/5

9. Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. Happy Halloween 10/18

10. Reader's Choice - Read any book of your choice: Brothersong 10/27

Brothersong (Green Creek, #4) by T.J. Klune The Courtship of Julian St. Albans (Consulting Magic, #1) by Amy Crook Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack, #1) by Megan Erickson Stirring Up Trouble (Stir, #1) by Z.A. Maxfield Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5) by Ilona Andrews Common Goal (Game Changers, #4) by Rachel Reid Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1) by Gregory Ashe Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf by B.G. Thomas Happy Halloween by John Fazem Brothersong (Green Creek, #4) by T.J. Klune

message 26: by J (last edited Oct 18, 2020 01:08PM) (new)

J | 263 comments October Monthly Challenge
Duration: 1 - 31 Oct

Read: 1/10

🎃 Read a book published in October - Coraline - October 19th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

🎃 Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

🎃 Read a book with an author with the first name Meghan or a lawyer character or one who changes careers - Something About You

🎃 Read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover - Where the Crawdads Sing

🎃 Read a book that you know will make you smile - The House in the Cerulean Sea

🎃 Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date - The City of Brass

🎃 Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like. - Wallbanger

🎃 Read a book about musicians, or a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title - Thoughtless

🎃 Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. - Dracula

🎃 Reader's Choice - Read any book of your choice - Shiver

Coraline by Neil Gaiman Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Dracula by Bram Stoker Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1) by Julie James The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie | 761 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

message 28: by Emily (last edited Nov 21, 2020 07:05PM) (new)

Emily | 776 comments 020 October Monthly Challenge

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.
Kiwi by Crystal Daniels and sandy Alvarez 10.12
2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed.
Jabberwocky Pirincess by CeCe Louise 10.15
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.

The Soccer Player and the Single Mom by Kyra Jacobs 10.20
4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover. Fractus Europa by Peter Heather 10.10

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
Tiers of Joy by LG Campbell 11.18
6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
Hank by Cee Bowerman 10.2
7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
The Fiery Crown by Jeffe Kennedy 10.2(400)
8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.
🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.

9. October 31st is Halloween.
Kill Chain by Dominic Martell 10.6
10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.
Crimson at Cape May by Randy Overbeck 10.7

message 29: by AliciaJ (last edited Oct 22, 2020 01:18PM) (new)

AliciaJ | 1354 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

10/10

In the Absence of Light (In the Absence of Light, #1) by Adrienne Wilder 10/12

Fire Balls (Balls to the Wall, #2) by Tara Lain 10/6

Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1) by Meghan March 10/21

The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1) by Julia London 10/8

Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas 10/5

Master of Restless Shadows (Master of Restless Shadows, #1) by Ginn Hale 10/19

Charming Like Us (Like Us, #7) by Krista Ritchie 10/3 (2 stars, I didn't really like it all that much)

Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1) by Sarina Bowen 10/7

Origin in Death (In Death, #21) by J.D. Robb 10/5

Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard 10/1

message 30: by Milica (last edited Oct 26, 2020 02:38AM) (new)

Milica Djurovic | 466 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
5/10 Completed

🎃1. Happy October Birthday!
🎃 Read a book published in October.
Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

🎃2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: 🎃 Read a book with a mostly yellow cover
Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein

🎃3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March 🎃 Read one book written by Meghan March
Ruthless King by Meghan March

🎃4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
10-11-20⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
🎃5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile
Tools of Engagement by Tessa Bailey 10-19-20⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

🎃6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward 10-26-20⭐️⭐️

🎃7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

🎃 8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day.🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars.
Roomies by Christina Lauren10-11-20⭐️⭐️⭐️

🎃9. October 31st is Halloween.🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween.
The Werewolf Dates The Deputy by Kristen Painter 10-20-20⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

🎃10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.

Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1) by Naima Simone Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3) by Tessa Bailey Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Roomies by Christina Lauren The Werewolf Dates The Deputy (Nocturne Falls, #12) by Kristen Painter

message 31: by Connie N. (last edited Nov 09, 2020 04:40AM) (new)

Connie N. | 1086 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
Timeframe: 10/1/20 to 10/31/20
8/10

2. Flower of the Month – Marigold - Artist or artistic character - Off Limits by Jules Barnard - 10/30/20 ♥♥♥♥
Off Limits (Men of Lake Tahoe, #1) by Jules Barnard
Jaeger is a wood carver, and Cali draws/paints.

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March - Character who has changed occupations (with no regrets!) - All Night with the Cowboy by Soraya M. Lane - 10/22/20 ♥♥♥
All Night with the Cowboy (River Ranch, #2) by Soraya M. Lane
Tanner started out with regrets, but he eventually realized it was the best thing for him.

4. October is National Seafood Month - Water on the cover - The Lake Season by Hannah McKinnon - 10/18/20 ♥♥♥
The Lake Season by Hannah McKinnon

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day – That you know will make you smile - Huge Deal by Lauren Layne - 10/5/20 ♥♥♥♥
Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3) by Lauren Layne
One of my favorite authors—her books are always smile-worthy.

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day – Has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way - Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard - 10/6/20 ♥♥♥♥
Destiny of the Republic A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
Set in the late 1800’s, all the important political news was communicated by newspaper, and people wrote letters to each other.

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day - You're not sure you're going to like - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - 10/4/20 ♥♥♥♥
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
The only other Gaiman book I read was weird and kind of confusing. But this one I liked—it kept me interested all the way through.

9. October 31st is Halloween - In the following genres: mystery - Fool Moon by Jim Butcher - 10/13/20 ♥♥♥♥
Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher
1,423 readers tagged as Mystery

10. Reader's Choice - Any book - Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin - 10/7/20 ♥♥♥♥
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

message 32: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1873 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

message 33: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 311 comments I'm in

0/10

10. Repader's Choice: 🎃

message 34: by Kesha (last edited Oct 31, 2020 09:00PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
Read: 8/8

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October.
Just One Night (October 20th 2014) - Tara Raine 10-28-20

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: 🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover.
Jude's Law (Law, #1) by Lori Foster Jude's Law - Lori Foster 10-17-20

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃Read one book with a lawyer in it.
Hotter Than Ever - Lucia Jordan 10-31-20

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (merman.
The Merman's Kiss - Tamsin Ley 10-10-20

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
Sugar Rush - Erin Nicholas 10-20-20

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
The Assist (November, 1, 2018) - Rebecca Jenshak 10-24-20

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that has a skeptical character.
Neighbors Like That - Carina Taylor 10-26-20

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day. 🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.

9. October 31st is Halloween. 🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover.

Only For Tonight - Kendall Ryan 10-11-20

message 35: by Aminko (last edited Nov 01, 2020 05:59AM) (new)

Aminko | 548 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
October 1st to 31st

Read: 2/10

🎃1. Happy October Birthday! This Earl of Mine by Kate Bateman (31/10/2020)

🎃2. Flower of the Month - Marigold:What You Need by Lorelei James

🎃3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: Savage Prince by Meghan March

🎃4. October is National Seafood Month:Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole

🎃5. October 2nd is World Smile Day: Rock Chick Regret by Kristen Ashley

🎃6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day: Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti

🎃7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day: Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

🎃8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day: Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh

🎃9. October 31st is Halloween: Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle (22/10/2020)

🎃10. Reader's Choice: Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

What You Need (Need You, #1) by Lorelei James Savage Prince (Savage Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #7; Alien Huntress, #3.5) by Kresley Cole Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7) by Kristen Ashley Mercury Striking (Scorpius Syndrome, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1) by Delilah S. Dawson Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini Singh Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1) by Naima Simone

Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue, #1) by Katie Ruggle This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1) by Kate Bateman

message 36: by Sarena (new)

Sarena | 35 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

0/10

message 37: by ♥Lynn ♥ (last edited Oct 22, 2020 01:44PM) (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 60 comments 7/10 Read

1. 🎃 Colorful/multi-colored cover - The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
2. 🎃 Mostly orange/yellow cover - For Love or Money: A laugh out loud, heartwarming romantic comedy by Clodagh Murphy
3. 🎃 FAC:
4. 🎃 Fishy Character- The Girl That Vanished by A.J. Rivers
5. 🎃 World Smile Day-How to Rattle an Undead Couple by Hailey Edwards
6. 🎃 Miscommunication-Playing with Fire by L.J. Shen
7. 🎃 Skeptics Day - Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells
8. 🎃 Musicians -Paper, Scissors, Rock by Nicole S. Goodin
9. 🎃 Mystery/Thriller/Suspense -The Girl in Cabin 13 by A.J. Rivers
10.🎃 Reader's Choice -Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells

The Belles (The Belles, #1) by Dhonielle Clayton Playing with Fire by L.J. Shen Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1) by Jaye Wells Paper, Scissors, Rock (Rock Games, #1) by Nicole S. Goodin For Love or Money A laugh out loud, heartwarming romantic comedy by Clodagh Murphy The Girl That Vanished (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #2) by A.J. Rivers How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9) by Hailey Edwards The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1) by A.J. Rivers Cursed Moon (Prospero's War, #2) by Jaye Wells

message 38: by Amanda A (last edited Oct 31, 2020 02:14PM) (new)

Amanda A | 769 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
Completed: 10/10

Hot Holiday Nights by Jaci Burton 10/23

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren 10/9

Black Sheep by Meghan March 10/31

Almost Just Friends by Jill Shalvis 10/22

Tools of Engagement by Tessa Bailey 10/12

Vows in Name Only by Naima Simone 10/11

Pucked by Helena Hunting 10/1

Expecting a Scandal by Joanne Rock 10/16

The Perfect Murder by Brenda Novak 10/17

The Clover Chapel by Devney Perry 10/2

Hot Holiday Nights (Play by Play, #10.5) by Jaci Burton The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1) by Meghan March Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4) by Jill Shalvis Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3) by Tessa Bailey Vows in Name Only by Naima Simone Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting Expecting a Scandal (Texas Cattleman's Club The Impostor #4) by Joanne Rock The Perfect Murder (The Last Stand, #6) by Brenda Novak The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2) by Devney Perry

message 39: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 279 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

message 40: by Heather (last edited Sep 29, 2020 06:46PM) (new)

Heather (lovingmyhusbandandmybooks) | 94 comments I'm In!!

🎃 0/10 🎃

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃 Magical Midlife Dating by K.F. Breene

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: The Marigold symbolizes Creativity, Passion, and a Drive to Succeed. 🎃 Witchling Academy: Semester One by Avery Song

3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March: 🎃 The WRONG Brother by Alexis Winter

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃 Dark King by C.N. Crawford

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃 If You've Got It, Haunt It by H.P. Mallory

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃 Inside Affair by Ella Frank

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃 In Bed with the Earl by Christi Caldwell

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day. 🎃 Sin With Me by J.T. Geissinger

9. October 31st is Halloween. 🎃 Horror-Ween by Heather Graham

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃 The Princess Trials by Cordelia Castel

🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

message 41: by Louise (last edited Sep 30, 2020 07:04AM) (new)

Louise Lennox (louiselennox) | 3 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge

I'm Ready!

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal. Choosing The Chief by Louise Lennox

🎃Read a book with a mostly yellow or mostly orange cover or read a book with an artist or artistic character (they are creative, passionate, & have the drive to succeed): Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March

4. October is National Seafood Month. 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover. TBD!

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :): Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.: Craving a King An African Royal Romance by Louise Lennox

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.: Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

🎃Let's celebrate Punk Rock by reading a book about musicians, bonus points if they are rockstars- even more bonus points if they are punk rockstars. You can also read a book that includes the letters P U N K or R O C K in the author's name, book title, or series title.: Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott

🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover: The Emperor of Ocean Park by Stephen L. Carter

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice.: Love & The Lab by Louise Lennox

reply | flag *

message 42: by Jennie-Lee~abookishwonderer~ (last edited Oct 27, 2020 09:47PM) (new)

Jennie-Lee~abookishwonderer~ (abookishwonderer) | 36 comments October Monthly Challenge
Read: 3/10

1. Happy October Birthday!: Read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.
🎃Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette

✔️2. Flower of the Month - Marigold: Read a book with an artist or artistic character.
🎃Someone to Hold by Mary Balogh▪️10/23/20▪️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

4. October is National Seafood Month.: Read a book with water on the cover.
🎃Deceived by Irene Hannon

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day.:Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

✔️9. October 31st is Halloween.~Read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense.
🎃The Cinderella Murder by Mary Higgins Clark▪️10/20/20▪️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✔️10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.
🎃The Bride Test by Helen Hoang▪️10/27/20▪️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Shadow of the Storm (Out From Egypt, #2) by Connilyn Cossette Someone to Hold (Westcott, #2) by Mary Balogh Deceived (Private Justice, #3) by Irene Hannon The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion, #2) by Mary Higgins Clark The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2) by Helen Hoang

message 43: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 1741 comments I'm in for 7 this month.

message 44: by Jessica (last edited Oct 17, 2020 10:06AM) (new)

Jessica (jess_77) | 21 comments I'm in for 5 again this month.

Read: 5 / 5

1. Happy October Birthday!
🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal.

Wealthy Playboy by Alex Wolf Finished Reading: 10/09/20 Rating: 3

2. Flower of the Month - Marigold:

🎃Read one book written by Meghan March, or any author with her first or last name.

Ruthless King by Meghan March Finished Reading: 10/16/20 Rating: 3

4. October is National Seafood Month.
🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover.

Beard Science by Penny Reid Finished Reading: 10/16/20 Rating: 4

🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)

Sinful Empire by Meghan March Finished Reading: 10/17/20 Rating: 3

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day.

🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice

The Return by Nicholas Sparks Finished Reading: 10/08/20 Rating: 4

Wealthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago Book 7) by Alex Wolf Ruthless King (Mount Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3) by Meghan March The Return by Nicholas Sparks

message 45: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 637 comments Happy October, everyone! 🥳

Enjoy! 🎃

message 46: by Mave (last edited Nov 02, 2020 10:02AM) (new)

Mave | 190 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
Timeframe: 10/1/20 to 10/31/20
5/5

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October.
The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket,10/14/20 published October 17th 2002

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day. 🎃Read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :)
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, 10/20/20 *****
6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day. 🎃Read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date.
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, 10/31/20 **** published 2017
7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day. 🎃Read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3.
The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket, 10/26/20 **** pages 323

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket,10/10/20 ****

message 47: by Suzanne (last edited Nov 06, 2020 06:22PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2078 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
Duration:
10/1/2020 - 10/31/2020

Progress: 7 out of 7

1. Happy October Birthday! - 🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal:
The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman - ***** - 10/11/2020 - 369 Pages - Published in October

The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey - ***** - 10/30/2020 - 461 Pages - Orange Cover

4. October is National Seafood Month: 🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover:
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - ***** - 10/4/2020 - 192 Pages - Fishy Character

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana Rowland - ***** - 10/28/2020 - 320 Pages

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day: 🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date:
The Language of Good-bye by Maribeth Fischer - **** - 10/9/2020 - 343 Pages - Miscommunication

Death of a Red Heroine by Qiu Xiaolong - ***** - 10/13/2020 - 482 Pages - Wasn't sure I was going to like it

10. Reader's Choice: 🎃Read any book of your choice:
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern - ***** - 10/2/2020 - 498 Pages

The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton The Language of Good-bye by Maribeth Fischer The Rules of Magic (Practical Magic, #0.2) by Alice Hoffman Death of a Red Heroine (Inspector Chen Cao #1) by Qiu Xiaolong White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland The Girl With All the Gifts (The Girl With All the Gifts, #1) by M.R. Carey

message 48: by Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (last edited Oct 31, 2020 08:22AM) (new)

Sarah {The Bookish Knitter} (sarahphalen) | 555 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
10/10 - COMPLETE

✔1. Happy October Birthday!
🎧The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff
{PUBLISHED IN OCTOBER}
October 20th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔2. Flower of the Month - Marigold:
📖Cathy's Christmas Kitchen by Tilly Tennant
{ARTISTIC WITH BAKING}
October 28th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔3. Featured Author Challenge:
📖Claiming the Rancher's Heir by Maisey Yates
{PACIFIC NORTHWEST}
October 23rd, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔4. October is National Seafood Month:
🎧True Ghost Stories and Eerie Legends from America's Most Haunted Neighborhood by David Domine
{GHOSTS}
October 21st, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔5. October 2nd is World Smile Day:
📖Shadow Point Deputy by Julie Anne Lindsey
{LETTER S}
October 4th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day:
📖Saving Marina by Lauri Robinson
{NUMBERS 1 and 0}
October 11th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐1/2

✔7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day:
📖Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
{NOT SURE I WOULD LIKE; IT WAS OK}
October 10th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐1/2

✔8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day:
🎧The Witches of New York by Ami McKay
{LETTERS 'R O C K' IN THE TITLE}
October 24th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔9. October 31st is Halloween:
📖Death Overdue by Allison Brook
{HALLOWEEN}
October 2nd, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

✔10. Reader's Choice:
🎧Vanish in Plain Sight by Marta Perry
October 30th, 2020 - ⭐⭐⭐

The Witches Salem, 1692 by Stacy SchiffCathy's Christmas Kitchen by Tilly TennantClaiming the Rancher's Heir (Gold Valley Vineyards, #2) by Maisey YatesTrue Ghost Stories and Eerie Legends from America's Most Haunted Neighborhood by David DomineShadow Point Deputy (Garrett Valor #1) by Julie Anne LindseySaving Marina by Lauri RobinsonOf Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1) by Sandhya MenonThe Witches of New York by Ami McKayDeath Overdue (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #1) by Allison BrookVanish in Plain Sight (The Brotherhood of the Raven #2) by Marta Perry

message 49: by Michele (last edited Oct 23, 2020 12:12PM) (new)

Michele | 55 comments 2020 October Monthly Challenge
6/10

1. Happy October Birthday! :
🎃Read a book published in October, or read a book with a colorful/multi-colored cover in honor of October's birthstone, the Opal. The Lost Love Song by Minnie Darke - 10/12/20 (4 1/2*)

The Dugout by Meghan Quinn - TBR

4. October is National Seafood Month:
🎃Read a book that has a "fishy" character (suspicious or other-worldly such as a mermaid, selkie, etc.). You can also read a book with a character involved in the food industry or a book with water on the cover. Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin - TBR

5. October 2nd is World Smile Day:
🎃Read a book that you know will make you smile or you know will make you happy. You can also read a book that has a person smiling on the cover, or read a book that has a title that starts with S, M, I, L, or E. Don't forget to smile today! :). Majesty by Katharine McGee - 10/21/20 (4*)

6. October 10th is International Newspaper Carrier Day:
🎃Read a book that has someone carrying the news to someone else, be it through the written way (emails, letters, texts) or by speech (phone calls). You can also read a book that has some type of miscommunication or read a book that has the numbers 1 and 0 in their published date. Blacklisted by Jay Crownover - 10/16/20 (4*)

7. October 13th is International Skeptics Day:
🎃Read a book that you're not sure you're going to like (and let us know the outcome). You can also read a book that has a skeptical character, or read a book with a page count that has the numbers: 1, 0, or 3. Fractured by Shay Siegel - 10/23/20 (3 1/2*)

8. October 25th is Punk for a Day Day:
Still by Kennedy Ryan - TBR

9. October 31st is Halloween:
🎃Read a book with a holiday theme, bonus points if it's Halloween. You can also read a book in the following genres: mystery, thriller, or suspense. You can also read a book with a costumed person in the cover. In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren - 10/2/20 (4 1/2*)

10. Reader's Choice:
🎃Read any book of your choice. The Midnight Bargain by C. L. Polk - 10/13/20 (4*)

The Lost Love Song by Minnie Darke 2 The Dugout by Meghan Quinn Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin Majesty (American Royals, #2) by Katharine McGee Blacklisted (Loveless, Texas #3) by Jay Crownover Fractured by Shay Siegel Still (Grip, #2) by Kennedy Ryan In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren The Midnight Bargain by C.L. Polk

message 50: by Jacq (last edited Oct 08, 2020 06:43PM) (new)

Jacq (blackmaria) I'm in for 5 this month
5/5

1. Happy October Birthday! -
2. Flower of the Month - Well Played by Jen DeLuca read 8/10
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) - Meghan March-
4. National Seafood Month- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh read 6/10
5. World Smile Day-
6. International Newspaper Carrier Day- The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham read 4/10
7. International Skeptics Day- Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie read 7/10
8. Punk for a Day Day-
9. Halloween- As You Desire by Connie Brockway (suspense) read 9/10
10. Reader's Choice-

« previous 1 3