YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > Elena's 2020 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 252 (252 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Elena (last edited Oct 16, 2020 06:32AM) (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Here I want to track all of my challenges, buddy reads, readathons and other activities or goals or whatever... :D

Buddy Reads and Group Reads:
Finished 33
Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch The Hate U Give (The Hate U Give, #1) by Angie Thomas Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) by Michael J. Sullivan The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1) by Luanne G. Smith Chocolat (Chocolat, #1) by Joanne Harris Firefight (The Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman Calamity (Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides Seashells, Spells & Caramels (Spells & Caramels, #1) by Erin Johnson Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1) by Nicki Pau Preto The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2) by Helen Hoang When Dimple Met Rishi (Dimple and Rishi, #1) by Sandhya Menon Uprooted by Naomi Novik Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1) by Shannon Messenger Changeling (Sorcery and Society, #1) by Molly Harper The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen Geekerella (Once Upon a Con, #1) by Ashley Poston Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5) by Penny Reid The Lady and the Highwayman by Sarah M. Eden Hear the Wind Sing (The Rat, #1) by Haruki Murakami Wizard for Hire by Obert Skye Pinball, 1973 (The Rat, #2) by Haruki Murakami Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron

Readathons:
✔ 1. January 04-10 7 books in 7 days (3075 pages)
✔ 2. February 08-14 7 books in 7 days (2923 pages)
✔ 3. March 14-20 7 books in 7 days (2734 pages)
✔ 4. April 04-10 7 books in 7 days (5637 pages)
✔ 5. June 06-12 7 books in 7 days (2650 pages)
✔ 6. July 11-17 7 books in 7 days (2030 pages)

Series to finish:
Finished 7
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Thief's Gamble (The Tales of Einarinn #1) by Juliet E. McKenna City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Shadow Prowler (Chronicles of Siala #1) by Alexey Pehov Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid

1. Белорийский цикл о ведьме Вольхе Series [3/4]
2. Discworld Series [1/41]
3. The First Law Series [2/3]
4. Throne of Glass Series [4/7]
5. The Legend of Drizzt Series [4/33]
6. The Six of Crows Duology Series [1/3]
7. Nikolai Duology Series [0/2]
8. Gentleman Bastard Series [1/7]
9. The Aurora Cycle Series [1/3]
10. A Series of Unfortunate Events [9/13]
11. The Riyria Chronicles Series [0/5]
12. The Riyria Revelations Series [2/6]
13. Mistborn Series [1/7]
14. Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series [0/5]
15. Innkeeper Chronicles Series [0/5]
16. The Wizards of Once Series [1/3]
17. The Chronicles of Narnia (Publication Order) Series [0/7]
18. Outlander Series [1/9]
19. Spells & Caramels Series [1/10]
20. The Daevabad Trilogy [1/3]
21. Secret, Book, & Scone Society Series [1/4]
22. Crown of Feathers Series [1/3]
23. Keeper of the Lost Cities Series [1/9]
24. Talon Series [1/5]
25. The Bridge Kingdom Series [1/4]
28. Sorcery and Society Series [1/2]
29. Once Upon a Con Series [1/3]
30. Skyward Series [1/4]
31. Hannah Swensen Series [0/27]
32. Proper Romance Victorian [1/2]
33. Crazy Rich Asians Series [0/3]
34. The Rain Wild Chronicles [0/4]
35. Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery [0/5]
36. A Court of Thorns and Roses [0/6]
37. Love & Gelato [1/3]
38. The Folk of the Air [0/3]
39. Shadowvale [0/4]
40. Chaos Seeds [4/8]
41. The Rat Series [2/4]
42. Fandom Hearts Series [1/6]
43. Wizard for Hire Series [1/3]
44. A Cookie House Mystery Series [1/3]
45. The Daoshi Chronicles [0/2]

Graphic novel / manga / manhwa series:
Finished 7
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1) by Hiromu Arakawa Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai Yazawa Paradise Kiss, Vol. 1 by Ai Yazawa Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire, #1) by Akihisa Ikeda Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1) by Yana Toboso Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1) by Hiro Fujiwara Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) by Bisco Hatori

1. 스킵 비트! [10/45]
2. Fruits Basket Series [3/23]
3. Kamisama Hajimemashita Series [2/26]
4. Bleach Series [5/74]
5. Vampire Knight Series [1/19]

message 2: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2025 comments Mod
Good luck on all your challenges! 😊

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Thank you :)

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4222 comments Mod
Love the challenges, all the best of luck!

I saw on your 7 books in 7 days (impressive btw) that you read The Assassin's Edge! How did you like it? I loved that series. Have you read other series by the author?

message 5: by Laura ☾ (new)

Laura ☾ | 553 comments Good luck Jess!

message 6: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Thanks both of you :)

Brittany wrote: "I saw on your 7 books in 7 days (impressive btw) that you read The Assassin's Edge! How did you like it? I loved that series. Have you read other series ..."

I only read The Tales of Einarinn Series by this author and really enjoyed the world there. I love unique, detailed worlds and those books have it.
I also enjoyed the plot. There are plenty of those moments when you think that the situation is impossible to deal with, but the characters manage to go through tough times.
Long time ago when I read the first book (but had no time to read the whole series and only now could finally do it) it helped me to deal with my difficult situation back then. So the series also has a special meaning for me.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Thats wonderful! Thanks for sharing. No special meaning for me just a love of that world and how well portrayed everything the characters go through is.

message 9: by Sonnie (new)

Sonnie | 83 comments Wow, I'm super impressed with the 7 books in 7 days! I'm jelly, it's been so long since I've been able to just sit and read a book in one day lol!

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments @Sonnie I used to think that I also have no time for reading a book a day, but just tried to read more, fill any free space of my day with reading and it actually helped :D

message 11: by Sonnie (new)

Sonnie | 83 comments Jess, I've been thinking of going on a social media ban, because there is so many times when I'm just mindlessly scrolling through FB when I could be reading. Might have to schedule a weekend soon dedicated just to reading and see how many I can get through!

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna | 36 comments I too am inspired by 7 books in 7 days. How fun!
I need to get off social media to read too. So easy to get sucked in and before you know it, an hour or so has passed by!

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Agreed!! Far too much social media.

message 14: by Elena (last edited Jan 19, 2020 02:22AM) (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments I've been away from my laptops for several days, couldn't write to you guys :) hope you'll manage to do it, not really tough when you actually try )
And I think I'll be having 6 weeks a-book-a-day from today )) I've broken my shoulder 5 days ago (
shoulder fracture

message 15: by Laura ☾ (new)

Laura ☾ | 553 comments Oh I hope it recovers quickly Jess!

message 16: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

That sounds like it's no fun at all 😬 I hope you get better soon!

message 17: by Brittany (new)

YOUCH!!! I feel for you. What happened? I havent broken mine but I've dislocated it and that wasn't pleasant.

message 18: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Fell off the stairs :( thank you for your support! Hope I get well soon and back to writing more reviews and messages :)

message 19: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments I'm going to participate in the new readathon :) February 08-14 7 books in 7 days

message 20: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments And a new challenge Blind Date With A Book February - March

message 21: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments I've just finished my 2nd readathon this year :) February 08-14 7 books in 7 days

message 22: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Nice! That's pretty incredible!

message 23: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Liliana wrote: "Nice! That's pretty incredible!"

Thank you :) I had not much to do because of my shoulder fracture, so just kept on reading :DD

message 24: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

That's one positive thing in this situations. Lol. How is your shoulder doing?

message 25: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Liliana wrote: "That's one positive thing in this situations. Lol. How is your shoulder doing?"

Still healing, thanks for asking. I'll definitely write a msg here when it's healed :D

message 26: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Well, I am sending you all the well wishes! I can't imagine it's any fun 😖

message 27: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Liliana wrote: "Well, I am sending you all the well wishes! I can't imagine it's any fun 😖"

Thank you :)

message 28: by Brittany (new)

Yay for all that reading!
Hope it heals up well!

message 29: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Thank you :) now it's pretty inconvenient to write messages :D later I'm going to comment your personal challenges too, quite interesting to read

message 30: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Added new series to finish: 12. Arc of a Scythe Series [2/3]

message 31: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 621 comments So looking forward to starting the Scythe series this year! I love every Shusterman book that I read.

message 32: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments I think you're going to love it, at least for me the first 2 books were page-turners.

message 33: by Brittany (new)

I loved the first one, thought the second was just okay. Looking forward to reading book 3 sometime this year though

message 34: by Sonnie (new)

Sonnie | 83 comments Oh no! I hope you recover quickly!
I've heard so much good stuff about Scythe! My hairdresser was really going on about how great it was the last time she trimmed my hair (she's pretty awesome lol).

message 35: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments @Brittany the ending of the 2nd book was a bit strange, but when I've learned that there will be the 3rd one, it made some sense :)

@Sonnie thank you :) hope you'll love it!

message 36: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Oh! What a tough month it was! I've spent all month in this fixation bandage and finally my arm is free! Still long way to go. Rehabilitation process is pretty long :( But I'm happy I finally can do some simple things with both hands :)

message 37: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 621 comments So glad your arm is free!!!!

message 38: by Brittany (new)

Yay that it is healing!! Rehab is hard but you will get through it

message 39: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

That's great news Jess! You may have a way to go from here, but this is progress!

message 40: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Thanks for your support, guys! :)
Added a new readathon, starts March 14
3. March 14-20 7 books in 7 days

message 41: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments UPDATE: added 2 more series to read.
13. The Mortal Instruments Series [2/6]
14. Gentleman Bastard Series [0/7]

message 42: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments UPD: finished one more book in the series

7. Throne of Glass Series [3/7] Heir of Fire

It was 3 stars for me and took pretty long to read.

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
Heir of Fire is such a long book but it's actually my favourite of the series. It was such a game changed. Saying that though I loved it more on my re-read rather than the first go.

message 44: by Brittany (new)

Jess wrote: "Thanks for your support, guys! :)
Added a new readathon, starts March 14
3. March 14-20 7 books in 7 days"

Hmmm... I may try and join you on this one, I'm on nights for that time period and tend to get more read. Although half of it might be comics.
Either way best of luck!

message 45: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments @Kay it's nice you love it. I also enjoyed reading it, not as much as I wanted though. For me it was long not because of pages count, but because it was a bit boring.

@Brittany thank you! I'm happy you want to try it too. The more, the merrier! :)

message 46: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments Yesterday I finished one more BR: ✔ 5. March 07-09 Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey
It was pretty good yet not enough. And I found a combo of genres I'd like to read more. Somewhat unexpected: fantasy + western.

message 47: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments I've just finished BR of The Hate U Give. I totally get the hype about the book, but actually the story wasn't interesting. Nice read though.

message 48: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 621 comments Something similar to the hate you give but that I personally thought was way better was All American Boys. If you’re interested in trying something else along those lines anyways!

message 49: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments @Heather I'm not sure if I'm interested in reading something similar, but anyways thanks for your recommendation.

message 50: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 983 comments One more BR finished. Enjoyed this one so much! Aurora Rising was a solid 4-star for me. Another page-turner for this year. I'm also going to read the next book in the series.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6