YA Addicted Book Club discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
Series/Buddy Reads Archive > Lies of Locke Lamora - February 1st

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany | 4102 comments Mod
Laura, Chlo and I are going to start this in February as it has been on all of our TBRs for far too long. Anyone else want to join in?

message 2: by Carl (new) - added it

Carl (lazarusreads) | 72 comments I’m down for that, I’ve had it on my shelf for a while now and heard great things about it

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments I have read it a few months ago already but I will definitely join in on the discussion sometimes 😊

message 4: by Brittany (new) - added it

Glad to have you join us Carl! And looking forward to your thoughts Renee

Elena Granger | 944 comments Hello! I'm new here, may I join too? This book was on my TBR for almost a year (or even more).

message 6: by Brittany (new) - added it

Hello Jess we would love to have you join us!

Elena Granger | 944 comments Thanks! So I'm in.

♫ Echoing Harmonies ♫ (anendlessroad) | 1 comments I've heard only great things about this book! Can I join as well?

Laura ☾ | 530 comments Of course! The more the merrier :)

message 10: by Brittany (new) - added it

I'll probably be a couple days late starting it but it is my next hardcopy read!

Laura ☾ | 530 comments No worries!

Laura ☾ | 530 comments Up to Chapter 3 now

Anyone else started? What do you guys think so far?

Elena Granger | 944 comments I'm going to start reading this book soon :)

message 14: by Laura ☾ (last edited Feb 13, 2020 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura ☾ | 530 comments I finished the first book!

message 15: by Brittany (new) - added it

I am so sorry! Life has been stupid busy lately. I haven't been reading a ton and likely won't be on here much for another week yet.
When I do get to it I will add my thoughts though!

Laura ☾ | 530 comments No worries it happens!

Elena Granger | 944 comments February was a quite tough month for me, so I'm going to read the book starting today. Hope it's still ok to post here some thoughts.

Laura ☾ | 530 comments Jess wrote: "February was a quite tough month for me, so I'm going to read the book starting today. Hope it's still ok to post here some thoughts."

Of course!

message 19: by Brittany (new) - added it

Jess wrote: "February was a quite tough month for me, so I'm going to read the book starting today. Hope it's still ok to post here some thoughts."

Please do! We all read at different times its all good

Elena Granger | 944 comments I've read first 2 chapters and love the book so far! It's atmosphere somehow reminded me The Kingkiller Chronicle Series by Patrick Rothfuss.

Elena Granger | 944 comments Up to chapter 8. So I was wrong and it definitely doesn't have any Kingkiller vibes, totally different atmosphere. But I still love the book and enjoy reading it. Not a fast read for me, goes pretty slow, but worth reading.

Elena Granger | 944 comments I finished reading a couple of days ago, but managed to write a review only today. I was too busy with work, chores and March 7 days - 7 books readathon.
So some final thoughts: I really enjoyed reading the book. Almost till the very end I waited to be free to read the book. I also thought it would be one of the best reads for this year.
I love the way author described all the adventures of the main hero, it was so interesting to go through all his lies and the way he managed to keep himself out of trouble.
But... not the best read. I didn't like the ending. It was so ordinary, I expected much more from this book. Maybe for another book it would be ok, but not for this one. Miss something.
And still I'm going to continue reading the series.

message 23: by Brittany (new) - added it

Good to know thanks for your thoughts! I will still read it eventually but haven't gotten into the right mood. Sad that it ended on a sour note.

Elena Granger | 944 comments @Brittany not sour, but ordinary. So maybe it'll be ok with you. Still I definitely recommend reading it.

Laura ☾ | 530 comments Yes, I completely get what you mean Jess!

I'm still going to continue the series at some point though!