Start by marking “Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)

Rhythm of War

(The Stormlight Archive #4)

The eagerly awaited sequel to the #1 New York Times bestselling Oathbringer, from an epic fantasy writer at the top of his game.

After forming a coalition of human resistance against the enemy invasion, Dalinar Kholin and his Knights Radiant have spent a year fighting a protracted, brutal war. Neither side has gained an advantage.

Now, as new technological discoveries begin
Published November 17th 2020 by Tor Books

Start your review of Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
Melanie
you can read via youtube the first 18 chapters of this for free HERE! (brb getting a head-start!) 💕

1.) The Way of Kings ★★★★★

Buddy read with Maëlys! ❤
Chris Evans
Jan 06, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
First Place: Peace Talks The Dresden Files, #16

Let's have a race. what will be published first:
Doors of Stone The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3
The Thorn of Emberlain Gentleman Bastard, #4
The Winds of Winter A Song of Ice and Fire, #6
The Rhythm of War Stormlight Archive, #4

** Update: Not only has this race been going on for more than a year now without a winner. The Untitled Stormlight Archive now has a name! :O

**Update Update: We have a winner! It came down to the wire but Peace Talks edged out Rhyth
Petrik
Nov 17, 2020 is currently reading it
My Kindle just unleashed a massive excitementspren. It's here, y'all. The Cosmere draught is over, Rhythm of War is here! Journey before destination!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Omg! Omg! Omg! The cover!!!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
James Tivendale
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, freecopy
Please note: I don't believe my review includes any spoilers for Rhythm of War, but to be safe: minor spoilers may follow. Review posted on 17/11/2020.

Rhythm of War picks up events approximately a year after the finale of Oathbringer. The Knights Radiant have continued their war against Odium's Fused and Singer armies though neither side has gained much headway. Many new Radiants are becoming familiar with their spren bond and powers. The former Parshmen, once slaves to humanity and now under t
Warda
Apr 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Think this cover wins 2020, no?
TS Chan
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely spoiler-free review

Rhythm of War had me humming to the Rhythm of Awe. Even with my sky-high expectations for this book, Sanderson has surpassed them yet again. This book is STORMING INCREDIBLE!

For seven years since I've started reading The Stormlight Archive, I couldn't decide which title was my favourite, as they were all equally amazing in their own right. That indecision has now ended as Rhythm of War has managed to edge out the rest. Bear in mind, I'm talking about a favourite amo
Merphy Napier
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars, fantasy, adult
Full spoiler filled review coming soon!
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy
4.5 stars! Here it is: the review I've been spending the last two months of solid reading (neglecting other books, not writing other reviews, ignoring my chores ...) working up to. Hope you all agree it was worthwhile. :) Review first posted on FantasyLiterature.com:

I feel a bit dazed as I finally emerge from a truly epic STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE marathon that lasted almost exactly two months, since that fateful September day when I decided I couldn’t turn down the offer of an advance copy of Rhythm o
may ❀
Apr 16, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
the worst slump of my life thinks she can live rent free?? not when sando is involved bish. i'll see you in 3 weeks

I'm FREAKING!!! stoked!!! I've forgotten so many details but oh my god i've missed this series so bloody much 😭😭😭😭
Jonathan O'Neill
I'm so disappointed!!
I finally picked up a copy of ROW ready to go for this Saturday and realised it's Mum's 60th birthday dinner that night!
(sigh) I was really looking forward to going too!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
6 Storming Stars. That's right. 6/5.

Dealing out as many exhilarating moments and heartfelt ones as questions to think upon, Rhythm of War is a simply stunning composition from a masterful storyteller!

Heart on my sleeve here; the Stormlight Archives is my favourite series by far. I doubt anyone will be surprised that my most anticipated book of this year was Rhythm of War. While I had the best intentions of savouring this story, I devoured it in a couple of days, but I have zero regrets!

Art by M
A.
Nov 25, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
12/16/19:
We have a release date!!

6/24/19:
There are now four posts on the subreddit, plus an excerpt from Lirin’s point of view!

1/4/19:
Mr. Sanderson has posted his first update in the Stormlight Archive subreddit!!

11/26/17:
I wish Goodreads would disable the feature that lets us rate books before they come out. This book deserves more than preemptive hype ratings.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Stunned silence.

That cover is so PRETTY!

Seriously, it's truly gorgeous. My eyes have been blessed with it's beauty. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this because I can wait to see it in person.

I'm dying of how beautiful it is.
____________________

We have a title people!

Just this tiny little detail can transform me into an excited mess. I'm not ashamed of that fact. Not. At. All.

The waiting is drawing to a close.
Hitarth
Nov 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oathbringer was absolutely amazing, and I'd say that 3.5-year wait was just as worth it as the book (kinda).

Catherine Stormblessed
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO SCREAM (Review to come)
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
IT HAS A COVER!! Is it November yet?
Drew McCaffrey
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to start? Pacing, character, worldbuilding? How about story?

Rhythm of War is possibly Brandon Sanderson’s most ambitious approach to storytelling yet. As the cast of The Stormlight Archive continues to expand, he makes the bold decision to focus a sizable portion of the series on the antagonists—the Parshendi, the singers, the Voidbringers, whatever you want to call them. In Rhythm of War, that focus takes more of a front seat than ever before.

Whether it’s the look into the recent past of
Twila
Spoiler Free Review
I have been giving this book a lot of thought over the past few days, trying to settle my thoughts. Even now, I hardly know where to begin. But this is a Stormlight Archive book. What else can really be said? It’s big, it’s bold, it’s brave, but at the same time, it’s surprisingly touching. It is an incredible blend of an impressively technical world with an emotional resonance from its characters that will stick to your ribs and remind you why fantasy is the best.

Ambition
Fares
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
We have a release date!
November come quick!
ℨαrα
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-released
I’m going into hibernation until this is released.
See you in 2020, folks.
Gwendolyn
Nov 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2020? It's crazy to think that this book will be published 10 years after I read the first in the series. I anticipate the payoff from this series will be well worth the wait. See you in two years, book. :)

Althea | themoonwholistens ☾
everyone's already reading this and I'm still on chapter 1 of WoK because I can only focus on one of my main authors at a time >_> excuse me while I escape under a rock to avoid all the spoilers ...more
Katy
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
humming to the rhythm of amazement

full RTC
Bec (becklebooks)
A spoiler free review as well as a spoiler filled vlog will be coming very soon (to my YouTube channel) for this incredible book. 🙌🏻🙌🏻

A spoiler free review video can now be found here: https://youtu.be/sAvXMSH8W6U
A spoiler vlog of my reading experience: https://youtu.be/FGKTrI8TJHw
Jake Bishop
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brandon does it again. An amazing combination of personal emotional moments, epic moments, plot twists, worldbuilding, and heartbreak gets him another Stormlight book on the same level as my favorite books ever.

video review: https://youtu.be/DmvA3qNzVkc

Honor is not dead so long as he lives in the hearts of men.

HOLY CRAP. That was a damm wild ride. This did not go the way I expected, and I now have to wait for book 5.

This review is not going to contain any spoilers for Rhythm of War, but by ne
Eric Allen
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who has two thumbs and managed to weasel, whine, cajole and beg his way into an ARC.

d(^_^)b

This guy!

I may have also promised my firstborn to a betentacled Lovecraftian Eldergod, but who's keeping track? (She's okay with it, so long as she gets to read the book first)

Okay. I've finished the book. It is really good. That is all I'm going to say about it until a week or so until after it has officially come out to give people a chance to read it first and not get any spoilers or unintentional bia
Sydneroo
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
This cover is my spirit animal.
ChopinFC
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
God I'm feeling this cover!
3 months and counting...
Thanks Sir Sanderson
daydreamer
Can I just time travel to 2020?

description
Goodreads Librari...: Rhythm of War incorrect page number 2 38 Nov 18, 2020 09:53PM
Goodreads Librari...: Title/Series Spelled Wrong 2 48 Aug 18, 2020 11:38AM
Final Round
4,853,458 Votes Cast

• Der Augensammler
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality
  • Dark Age (Red Rising Saga, #5)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Doors of Stone (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3)
  • The Shadow of the Gods (The Bloodsworn Saga, #1)
  • The Raven Tower
  • Sailing to Sarantium (The Sarantine Mosaic, #1)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • How to Become a Straight-A Student
  • The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play
  • The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5)
  • Ein Sturm zieht auf  (Die Brücke der Gezeiten, #1)
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • Perfect Shadow (Night Angel, #0.5)
  • A Mark of Kings (The Shattered Reigns Book 1)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)

Articles featuring this book