Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Lightning Crafter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 647 (647 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 29, 2014 12:58PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Lightning Crafter

Element:Light
Mentor:Kelly

Members:

Erin CO-CAPTAIN
Monica CO-CAPTAIN
Tara Jo
Steph Ann
Sunshine 
Ashley
Merissa
Ari
Elaine
Sandy
Shilpa
Hope

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

reserved

message 4: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments Hi team! Looking forward to the challenge. First timer here so any and all help is appreciated!

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Saw this last night before going to bed and was thrilled to see I am on a team. On my phone right now. Can't wait for this to start.

message 6: by Erin (last edited Nov 04, 2014 11:03AM) (new)

message 7: by Erin (last edited Oct 28, 2014 10:25AM) (new)

Erin | 351 comments Points
For reading books
Books between 100 and 160 pages (100 pages or 25,000 words is the minimum) = 10 points
Books between 161 pages and 450 pages = 20 points
Books between 451 and 600 pages = 50 points
Books between 601 and 750 pages = 70 points
Books between 751 and 900 pages = 90 points
Books over 901 pages = 100 points

For BOM (Book of the Month) discussions
Writing a day's worth of discussion questions = 40 points
Participating in a BOM (participating in discussion) = 20 points
NOTE: We will accept one team member per book per team for writing a days DQs. If, by three days prior to the BOM starting, we don't have enough volunteers to write all DQs, then we will let more than one team member per team write questions. If we have more people than days sign up (prior to 3 days before start date) we will randomise the volunteers to determine those who can write DQs

For NBRC Buddy Reads
Participating in a buddy read with a member from a different team, or with a member of NBRC who isn't on a Tower Team = 30 points

message 8: by Erin (last edited Dec 01, 2014 10:01AM) (new)

Erin | 351 comments Current Buddy Reads:
The Silmarillion - start November 1 2014 - Ari
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - start November 10 2014 - Ari
Edge of Eternity - start date November 25 2014 - Sandy
Entwined with You - start date December 1 2014 - Tara Jo
The Submissive - start date December 8 2014 - Tara Jo
Son of Shadows - start date December 12 2014 - Sandy
Sabriel - start date 14 December 2014 - Ashley, Sunshine
The Fellowship of the Ring - start date December 18 2014 - Erin
Captivated by You - start date December 27 2014 - Tara Jo
The Blade Itself - start date December 27 2014 - Ashley
Shadow and Bone - start date December 28 2014 - Erin
Dark Hunters Series - start date January 1 2015 - Tara Jo
The King - start date January 3 2014 - Tara Jo

BOMs:
Ruby Red - start date December 2 2014 - Merissa
Maplecroft - start date December 12 2014 - Erin (also doing questions)

message 9: by Erin (last edited Nov 25, 2014 02:43PM) (new)

Erin | 351 comments Points!
up to date as of 11/25

Erin: 190
Monica: 220
Tara Jo: 240
Steph Ann: 150
Sunshine: 100
Ashley: 320
Merissa: 80
Ari: 320
Elaine: 110
Sandy: 230

Team Total: 1960

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments Yay I'm so excited for the challenge Ege to start!
I'll be back hopefully tonight. I'm on my phone right now before an all day marching competition so if not tomorrow I will be back in the morning

message 11: by Steph Ann (new)

Steph Ann | 66 comments Hi all! I'm very excited to get started! This is my first time doing the Tower Teams challenge but I love team challenges so I'm sure this one will be no different! I'm on my phone right now but I'll get online later today and get my shelf for the challenge set up. This should be a lot of fun! :)

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments HI Erin, StephAnn and TaraJo!! Looking forward to this challenge again. I love this challenge. I see we all were on our phones this morning.

Erin great on reserving those spots. When you get a chance we can discuss how to split things up for the captain duties.

Going to go create my shelf now.

message 13: by Monica (new)

message 14: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments Reserved

message 15: by Tara Bieck (new)

message 16: by Tara Bieck (new)

message 17: by Tara Bieck (new)

message 18: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments I'll follow Erin's lead and reserve some spots now! I'm looking forward to learning tips from those of you who are challenge pros! It'll be nice to be able to use these challenge to tally what I'm going to be reading for other challenges anyway and not stress over reading different books or find a book that works cross-challenges!

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments Monica - sounds good. I will PM you when I get a chance tonight/maybe the morning

message 20: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Tara Jo I am currently doing a Super Series team Challenge. Will be starting a Freebie Bingo next week and then this one starts. The Super Series and the Bingo require me to actually read 1 book (SS) and 2 books (Bingo) a week. I am hoping I can read a total of 3 books each week which will be good for this challenge.

message 21: by Monica (last edited Nov 23, 2014 11:18AM) (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Our spreadsheet. Still trying to work out the kinks.

Under construction
Lightning Crafter Tower Teams III

message 22: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments re

message 23: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments ser

message 24: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments ved

message 25: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Hi everyone... Can't wait to get started

message 26: by Sunshine (last edited Nov 11, 2014 07:41AM) (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Read:

11/9/14 Making Faces 5*****

Making Faces by Amy Harmon

message 27: by Sunshine (last edited Nov 11, 2014 07:42AM) (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Read:

405 Pages - Making Faces

405 Pages - Total

20 Points - Total

message 28: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Reserved for Sunshine ☀️

message 29: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments Reserved for Sunshine ☀️

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) | 0 comments Welcome to Tower Teams 3, everyone! I am from the Fire Drakes team, just popping in to say howdy and have fun! :)

message 31: by Steph Ann (new)

Steph Ann | 66 comments Monica, is the Freebie Bingo the one over at the SOS group? SOS Bingo was my first team challenge and I absolutely love it! I was a little bummed when I saw the Freebie round was going to be a speed round. I used to be able to easily get 2 books read a week, but I had a baby at the beginning of September, and 2 books a week is still a little out of my reach lol. I hope you have fun playing! :)

message 32: by Steph Ann (new)

Steph Ann | 66 comments Now that I'm not posting on my phone, I thought I'd post a little bit about myself. I'm Steph Ann (feel free to shorten that to Steph). I'm from Central Illinois. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a seven-week-old son who is absolutely adorable. It took me a few weeks to figure out how I was going to have time to read with a baby, but now that I have it figured out, I'm looking forward to jumping right back in to all of my books. I tend to read mainly paranormal romance/urban fantasy, but I'll occasionally branch out into contemporary or historical romance, as well as a little bit of horror here and there. I'm a reviewer over at Dark Faerie Tales, so a lot of the books I read for this challenge will probably be ones I need to review for the site. I'm looking forward to getting started! :)

Here's my shelf for this challenge: Tower Teams III.

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) | 0 comments Love the look of your book review site, Steph Ann! Love the raven rating system.

message 34: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (ladykatala) | 5020 comments Hello All!

I'm your friendly mod helper. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I shall do my best to answer.

message 35: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments Now that I too am on my computer now I will also introduce myself.
I'm Erin, one of your co-captains. I live in Georgia and I am a senior in high school (which I assume will easily make me the youngest one here). My favorites to read are high/epic fantasy and YA fantasy but you will probably see me reading more variety than that during the challenge. This is my second challenge with NBRC but my first time being a captain so hang with me while I get the hang of it

My shelf: Tower Teams III

message 36: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Hi team! This is my first time doing anything like this, so I'm excited!!

My shelf is called tt3-lightning-crafter

Quick question-- why do we reserve 4 spots?

message 37: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments You don't need to. As Co captain I was reserving them so that we could have all our stats and whatnot at the beginning of the thread instead of having to search for it farther down

message 38: by Merissa (new)

Merissa (mayomb) | 45 comments Hi all! This is my first team challenge, and I'm really excited! My reading may be a bit slow at first since I'm finishing up my last semester in school, but I'm looking forward to getting back to some serious reading in the middle of December!

My shelf is called Tower-Teams-III

Can't wait for this to start!

message 39: by Steph Ann (new)

Steph Ann | 66 comments Thanks, Teresa! I love the rating system too. It's one of the first things I noticed about the site when I first found it!

message 40: by Monica (last edited Oct 27, 2014 02:11AM) (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Steph yes the freebie bingo is through SOS. I think I can get at least 2 books done with it since the page count starts at 100 pages. I have so many free e-books

Hi Kelly it is great to have a mod helper this round!!

Hi Merissa and Ashley!! Great to see you all here!

Merissa don't worry about being a slow reader. I don't get much time to read because of work but I am hoping to reach 75 books this year. I need about 10 more to reach that.

message 41: by Ari (new)

Ari | 124 comments Hi everyone! This is my first challenge with NBRC. I tend to read a lot of different kinds of books. My favorites are children's books, fantasy books, books about places I've never been, books with lots of food descriptions in them, and really old books.

Here's the link to my shelf:
lightning-crafter

message 42: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Good Morning all! Everyone has checked in which is great. We have a lot of newbies to this challenge. I will tell you this is a great team challenge. I have been waiting for this one to start. Don't be afraid to share books and ideas with us.

Glad to see everyone is creating their shelves. If you need help in creating your shelf let us know. Also make sure to sticky it to the top of your shelves so it is easier to find when you log completed books.

Erin and I are your Captains/Co-Captains. We will do our best to answer any questions. If we do not know the answer we will certainly ask our Mentor Kelly.

message 43: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 781 comments Now a little about myself. My name is Monica, recently divorced. My daughter just got married on Oct. 4th. My son and his BF just moved back in this month. So my empty nest is now full again. I have a beagle/basset mix dog and 2 cats. I enjoy reading just about anything. I have read urban fantasy, mystery, romance, fantasy, erotica and many more. I give any book a try.

I have over 1,000 e-books that I really need to read. My reading goal for 2014 & 2015 is 75 books. Since I work full time I don't get much time to read. I am hoping that once I move to my own place and get into a routine that might change.

As you can tell I do like to talk and share things. Please don't hesitate to get to know your team members. There are many great people I have met on GR and in NBRC!!

Well have a great day!!

message 44: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments Tara Jo and Sunshine - if y'all could post a link to your challenge shelves that would be great

message 45: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments I've also sent friend requests to all of you so make sure you see that and friend me pretty please :)

message 46: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments Here ya go...just for clarification, this is to put books on once they are complete, correct? So once we've read them, mark them read and put them on this shelf as well?

tt3-lightning-crafters

Thanks!

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments Yes, so make sure you mark as read AND your challenge shelf

message 48: by Erin (new)

Erin | 351 comments If any of you know that you are going to be participating in a buddy read or BOM after the start of the challenge go ahead and post which ones so I can start a list of what we'll be getting points for

message 49: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments I was just checking out the list of BR going on....I have my reading schedule pretty much planned out for November due to other challenges, but I do plan on doing some later (probably in December where I can plan my next quarterly challenge that starts 12/1 around those!). None of the November BOM jump out at me so I'll probably not have any just yet.

message 50: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I'm doing an informal buddy read of Maze Runner starting on November 1st

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13