Start by marking “The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)

The Duke's Perfect Wife

(Mackenzies & McBrides #4)

Lady Eleanor Ramsay is the only one who knows the truth about Hart Mackenzie. Once his fiancee, she is the sole woman to whom he could ever pour out his heart.

Hart has it all—a dukedom, wealth, power, influence, whatever he desires. Every woman wants him—his seductive skills are legendary. But Hart has sacrificed much to keep his brothers safe, first from their brutal fat
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 296 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Perfect Wife, please sign up.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

First read 5/6/2015
Reread 8/22/2016
Re-Reread 6/29/2017

I am not going to do a review on this book. I am just going to say that it was a good book, but no where near as good as the others. Hart annoyed me a lot in this book. I still liked him but the things he did drove me batty. I wasn't really feeling this couple. Ian is in this book a lot and that made it better. The thing that I didn't like about this book was the couple is apart for 8 years. They broke up for what I feel is a stupid
Blacky *Romance Addict*
“You need to stay far away from me, Eleanor Ramsay. You say you don’t need protection, but that is exactly what you do need. From me.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another great installment on the Highland Pleasures series, loved it, even though I expected more from this book, but oh well :D Hart and Eleanor were great, and I'm looking forward to the next book and seeing more of them together :)

The story

Eleanor Ramsay receives a photograph of her former fiancé, Hart Mackenzie, and decides to pay him a visit and ask for a
Sammy Loves Books
“This was the Hart Eleanor had known years ago, the one she'd agreed without hesitation to marry. He'd had the body of a god, a smile that melted her heart, a sinful glint in his eyes that had been just for her and her alone.”

Hart MacKenzie

Hart

Duke Hart MacKenzie has only ever loved one woman. But she left him years ago, and his life has been full of loss ever since. He married, only to lose his wife and son in childbirth.

Hart caressed the letters of baby Graham’s name. “Mac likes to say, We’re Mac
Baba
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals
4.5 stars.

I've missed you. I've missed you so much it's breaking my heart.

El, I've missed you. I've died a little every day without you.

Lady Eleanor Ramsay is lurking among a flock of journalists in St. James's Street, waiting for the great Hart Mackenzie, Duke of Kilmorgan, emerging from his club. Eleanor had come to change his life, and she is here to present a business proposition. Someone sent Eleanor a somewhat compromising photograph of Hart. She is quite happy to announce that she'd be pl
Jennifer Ashley
Hart's book. Heroine: Eleanor Ramsay. Pub date is now April 2012.
Booklover, Indianapolis
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander-books

4.5 flames

“Hart Mackenzie. It was said he knew every pleasure a woman desired and exactly how to give it to her. Hart wouldn't ask what the lady wanted, and she might not even know herself, but she would understand once he'd finished. And she'd want it again."

Thus begins the smokin' first paragraph of The Duke's Perfect Wife.

I’ve wanted Hart’s story since I first saw him in The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. He was such an ass to Beth, yet his love for hi
Lover of Romance
OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVED this one!! I can't even put into words how much I fell in love with "The Duke's Perfect Wife". I actually haven't read this series for quite a few years, not since they first came out, and I can't believe it took me so long to read this one. Ever since the first in the series, I just fell in love with all of the characters. How great it was to see them all in Hart's story. Hart I have always loved...even though he is manipulative and craves power...but more importantly he l ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I so wanted to give this book 5* because there was so much I loved about it but there were a few issues that really bugged me and so I'm rating it 4.5*.

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THIS BOOK

Hart and Eleanor

As with everything else, Hart had planned with precision how he intended to win Eleanor back and make her his wife. Poor Hart! Things don’t go completely to plan and it was wonderful to see that famous self-control crack when she unexpectedly walks back into his life. He’s so used to controlling everyth
Erika
The Lord of Scoundrels is the first, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie is the second, and The Duke's Perfect Wife is the third romance book that left me speechless and unable to share my thoughts and my feelings in a review by the time I finished reading it. So I'll just tell you how many stars I gave to this book and the reasons in a simple way.

Five stars to Hart Mackenzie. For his pride, his passion, his mistakes, his pain, his roughness, his sacrifices, his burdens, his responsibilities, his
Dija
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fan(girl)s of Scottish men in kilts.
Now that I've read all the Mackenzie brothers' books, I can finally compose the lists I've wanted to since the beginning.

Favorite heroine:

1. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
2. The Duke's Perfect Wife
3. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
4. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

The chemistry between Eleanor and Hart can be felt even in Cam's book, and Ashley develops their relationship in an entire
Megzy
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping Eleanor keeps away from Hart or, as I call him, "heartless" for another ten years or more; of all the brothers, he was the "sick" one.

In The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, I found Hart McKenzie to be a despicable human being. He manipulated his brothers and others for his own selfish gain. He treated his mistress, his wife, various prostitutes he employed in a separate house, and his sister in-laws like dirt. He had no regard for anyone. This is a man who beds and asphyxiates a pros
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
5+ STARS!!!

Posted on Under the Covers

Describe the book in three words

Suz: I love Hart...hmm or maybe Contains Hot Highlanders!

Annie: HART.IS.MINE.

Suz: ACTUALLY, I think you will find Hart is mine

*tug of war over Hart commences, Suz wins ofcourse, hehehe!*

The cover: Love it or Hate it?

Suz: Not a fan, I think that the other covers are better, especially Cam's book!

Annie: LOVE IT! It’s Paul Marron. In a Kilt. As Hart Mackenzie. Must I go on?

Hart Mackenzie: Sexy Dominant Highland God or Controlling
Karen
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

She was the only one in the wide world who knew the truth of Hart Mackenzie.

Loved this one too. Hart was not my favorite brother though. He was a bit difficult to like really. Gruff and dark. A bit over-controlling. He did love his woman though. He just didn't know how to show it. What a great series. I've loved all the books so far.
Catherine
*This is a joint review that was originally posted on Fiction Vixen*

Today Amy and I (Catherine) are talking about The Duke’s Perfect Wife. We both are such big fans of this series that we couldn’t resist doing a joint review for you guys. This is a conversational review, so we might reveal more than a regular review would, but spoilers will be kept to a minimum.
KatieV
I thought this would be a bit more edgy than it was. The hero was portrayed as much darker in earlier novels. Was a bit disappointed that he turned out to be your standard tortured historical hero with a few rather tame kinks shown.
Aly is so frigging bored
5*+++

I love this book. Hart and Eleanor's story is lovely! It was amazing reading about Hart and about how he realized what was really important in his life. Eleanor was a great heroine(that says smth. because I usually hate them or I'm indifferent :D), I loved how she stood up to Hart.

The whole Mackenzie family has great stories and I enjoyed reading them all.

Quotes I loved(only those that I remembered to write down)
“Papa is angry with Uncle Hart,” Aimee said as the door swung slowly shut again
Keri
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
10 +++ stars! WoW!!! WoW!! Just wow! I will make a lame attempt to review this book. Lady D, Dhes or Auntie will do this a 1000 times better than me. But if I don't say something I will explode or something. This is of course Hart's book. Hart is the book we have been waiting for, we adored Ian, Mac and Cameron's books and the ladies that finally tamed their wild Mackenzie hearts. But we knew that Hart's book was going to be special. It had to be, Hart after being head of his family for years, p ...more
Daniella
Nov 20, 2015 marked it as hr-purgatory
Welcome to my HR Purgatory shelf !

In Roman Catholicism, the purgatory is where the souls of the dead wander in an indefinite state. They stay in such a state unless they "become fit for heaven" at some point. Similarly, this shelf is where books that I am warned about stay—untouched and unread—unless a very compelling reason forces me to read them.

***

Reason(s) for putting The Duke's Perfect Wife in this shelf:
Manwhore H is a manwhore. He wasn't celibate during the separation, while the h rema
Elizabeth (Liz)
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was very good, though it was not my favorite of the series!

This book seemed to lack the bit of sweeping historical romantic grandeur that the other books in the series have had. It just didn't feel as 'big' and 'important' as the other stories did, though I can tell that the author did try to accomplish that. I give her credit for the attempt.

Let's discuss Hart. It was almost like the author had Hart on a leash (ahem), and wouldn't let him loose to show his true devilish colors. Hart *was*
edge of bubble
We've been told numerous times about Hart's dark desires. Here we are drowned in shame and darkness feelies. Then he just ties up the heroine and goes slow. Yea that's it. Isn't that considered a notch above vanilla nowadays? Have I gotten so jaded without realizing it? I'm curious if anyone found anything abnormal about Hart's sexual activities?
Stacey is Sassy
Tanya Sridhar
3/5 stars.

I read this a while back, however I was so dissapointed that I stopped midway. I just recently picked it up again as I had started to read the following books.

I had previously been very excited to read this book as I liked Hart, and the little sneak peek we got of Eleanor in the Cameron's book had me intriuged. I am a sucker for a good old "reclaiming-lost-love" plots.

It's not bad, but I won't be singing praises for it either. I believe it's my expectations from this series and thes
♥Sharon♥
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

These MacKenzie men!

I have really enjoyed this series. Meeting these kilted men has been a lot of fun. I've also enjoyed the women they have all come to love too.

If I am being honest, it took a little time for me to warm up to this one. But page by page I grew to love Hart and his being. I think one of the things I loved the most was his love for his brother Ian. Who might I add is my favorite of the bunch.

A must read series. Looking forward to reading on.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical Romance fans
4 solid stars

Hart Mackensie finally re-meets his match while using his political clout to become Prime Minister. He has become a slave to his ambitious politcal goals. As his story progresses, the sacrifices he has made to protect his family are revealed. His love for his brothers, especially Ian, is profound but it has never stopped him from trying to manipulate their lives for a positive outcome.

Eleanor is a worthy match. She was a little hard for me to figure out at first. I wasn't sure if s
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I disliked Hart in the previous books and still do. He's arrogant, condescending, demeaning, selfish, obsessive, super controlling. And none of those in a hot alpha male way, more the bastard way.

Eleanor was a great heroine. She's funny & inquisitive & doesn't put up with Hart's nonsense. One of the few that stands up to him.

Hart's "darkness inside" is hinted about from the beginning of the book till the end & it's very tedious. He likes dom-sub(he's the dom) and some bdsm. But the
Jilly
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I keep reading this series mainly to keep up with the character from the first book, Ian, and they have been pretty entertaining. But, this one was a little too contrived. I think the author decided to cash in on the 50 shades popularity here. The Duke is rich and likes to dominate. There is a lot of him thinking about tying her up, and then he does - with a cravat (ye old tie). Sound familiar? *eye roll*
Joanna Loves Reading
3.5 stars -- up or down, I can't quite decide. There is just so much about this series I enjoy that it stands out to me even when the romance is not my favorite. Will mull this over and write a proper review.
Sombra
Vale, tengo sentimientos encontrados con este libro. Por un lado me encanta y por otro le veo un poco - demasiado fantasioso en algunos aspectos.

Diré lo que me ha encantado primero.
La trama política. Me gusta cuando un libro de época se basa en hechos reales para crear una trama lo más cercana posible a la realidad de aquellos tiempos y creo que en ese aspecto Jennifer Ashley lo ha manejado muy bien. Ha sido muy interesante ver los problemas sociales de aquella época en gran Bretaña entre Ingles
  • Unclaimed (Turner, #2)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Rules to Catch a Devilish Duke (Scandalous Brides, #3)
  • A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green, #7)
  • Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)
  • A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5)
  • Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)
  • The Saint (Highland Guard, #5)
  • Shameless (The House of Rohan, #4)
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance, historical mysteries, and urban fantasy as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards, have been translated into many different languages, and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. More about her b

Mackenzies & McBrides (10 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8)
  • Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction (MacKenzies & McBrides, #9)
  • The Devilish Lord Will (MacKenzies & McBrides, #10)
“Everything matters.Everything you do touches someone in some way, even though you might not understand that.” 28 likes
“...Mac, I want you to go back to the house and make sure the ladies don't get the idea to go searching as well. I told Eleanor not to, but you know the Mackenzie females."

Mac scowled."Hell, Hart, can't you find something easier for me to do? Go up against an army of assassins in my underwear, maybe?”
27 likes